IA-64 cons. server 09.00.250
- Document ID: KM962029
- Product: Operations Manager for UNIX Version: 9.00
- OS: HP-UX
- Updated: 2010-Jul-14
- Critical: Yes
- Summary: ... Critical General Release ... operations manager for
unix 9.00 ... s700: 11.23 11.31 s800: 11.23 11.31
- Hardware platforms - OS releases
s700: 11.23 11.31
s800: 11.23 11.31
- Change Request: QCCR1A99706 opccfgupld skips the assignment of an
application to an application group if the application already exists but is
in another application group.
- Change Request: QCCR1A99620 Policy is not removed on the managed
node after de-assigning it on the management server and deploying policies with
'opcragt -distrib' without the '-force' option.
- Change Request: QCCR1A99055 When an IP address external node is added
with the full IP address given in the node pattern, this node cannot be removed.
Also, it cannot be (de)assigned to node groups.
- Change Request: QCCR1A98892 During instrumentation deployment, x64
cpu type instrumentation files get deployed on a x86 platform node.
- Change Request: QCCR1A98226 opccfgupld aborts with error message
double free or heap corruption.
- Change Request: QCCR1A98190 opcuiwww produces the following errors:
[OvCorOsNls.cpp:252]: Bad input character converting string from "UTF8" to "ucs2".
Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character (OpC20-274)
- Change Request: QCCR1A98172 The opcappl_start() API should check
- Change Request: QCCR1A98047 Discovery Server does not set hosted
on attribute. This is necessary for OMi integration.
- Change Request: QCCR1A97861 Virtualization and Cluster discovery
elements/maps are not appearing properly on OM 9 server.
- Change Request: QCCR1A97799 When uploading data from a source server
with opccfgupld -add -subentity on the target server, an Application Group that
was uploaded had no applications on the target server because the application(s)
in the application group already existed on the target server in another application
- Change Request: QCCR1A97798 The '-purge' option of the opcragt command
does not delete all of the files in the /var/opt/OV/bin/instrumentation directory
on the managed node.
- Change Request: QCCR1A97569 Migration of ECS from OVO 8.xx to HPOM
9 on Linux does not work. When using opccfgupld on HPOM 9, the command displays
the following error "no policies to be uploaded" even if the policies are present.
- Change Request: QCCR1A97562 Assigning a category to a node via "opcnode
-assign_cat cat_list=<categ> node_list=<node>" multiple times in a row will
produce unexpected behavior during the deployment.
- Change Request: QCCR1A96927 ovtomcatB is not running after cluster
- Change Request: QCCR1A95661 opcinstrumdwn doesn't download instrumentation
- Change Request: QCCR1A95574 HPOM 9 licenses for Site-Local IP address
ranges are rejected.
- Change Request: QCCR1A95542 When trying to upload a policy which
has a data part size of 10000, 15000, 20000 bytes etc, the following error appears
in System.txt: 0: INF: Mon Aug 3 13:36:46 2009: opcpolicy (9779/1): [chk_sqlcode.scp:95]:
Database: ORA-24801: illegal parameter value in OCI lob function (OpC50-15)
0: INF: Mon Aug 3 13:36:46 2009: opcpolicy (9779/1): [policy.scp:4269]: Error
uploading policy body data for policy Syslog (10.x HP-UX) into database. (OpC40-2314)
0: INF: Mon Aug 3 13:36:46 2009: opcpolicy (9779/1): [opcpolicy_api.c:724]:
An error occured while uploading policy c18b6dc6-8000-71de-0aac-1039249e0000_header.xml
to database. (OpC40-2351)
- Change Request: QCCR1A95227 PA 5.0 deployment requires policy assignment
for every deployment from HPOM 9.
- Change Request: QCCR1A95210 Service discovery map is not getting
- Change Request: QCCR1A94854 opccfgupld of an upload tree fails with
HPOM 9 even though it worked fine with HPOM 8. For example the Hotfix deployment
tool: # opccfgupld -add -subentity -upgrade C /tmp/HotFixDeploymentTool + parsing
index file "/tmp/HotFixDeploymentTool/C/HotFixDeploymentTool.idx" Logfile output
has been stored in 'opccfgupld.log' Character set of download data not compatible
with installed set. + opccfgupld terminated with 1 warning(s)/error(s)
- Change Request: QCCR1A93976 Filtering in the Java GUI takes long,
if there are a lot of filter nodes (over 1000) and a lot of active messages.
- Change Request: QCCR1A93283 opccfgupld of a directory tree that resides
on a NFS mount and is mounted read-only fails as some temporary files are being
created in that directory.
- Change Request: QCCR1A91906 When placing files with the same name
in different levels of a CATEGORY file tree, opcbbcdist reports file name collisions.
For example: File name collision detected: /var/opt/OV/share/databases/OpC/mgd_node/instrumentation/
TEST_Category/pb.bat ---> /var/opt/OV/share/databases/OpC/mgd_node/instrumentation/
- Change Request: QCCR1A91742 When updating the HPOM database with
topology data from the UCMDB using HP Operations Manager Dependency Mapping
Automation (HPOM DMA) and then updating the UCMDB with topology data from HPOM
for UNIX, it is possible that two instances of the same nodes are created in
- Change Request: QCCR1A91231 Changing the node name pattern for an
"external node" returns a Database Error.
- Change Request: QCCR1A91189 The path to the instrumentation data
for the Windows platform /var/opt/OV/share/databases/OpC/mgd_node /instrumentation/<category_name>/Windows/Windows
is inconsistent with the path used by HPOM for Windows.
- Change Request: QCCR1A90549 During deployment, a warning message
is written to System.txt: # 0: WRN: Thu Apr 2 10:56:49 2009: opcbbcdist (4327/7):
[DBHandler.cpp:1790]: Error occurred while getting instrumentation value: Type
is MAP_CPU_TYPE. Assd value is ia64. (OpC40-2700)
- Change Request: QCCR1A90489 Category instrumentation from the <OS_VERSION>
directory is not deployed. The instrumentation files for any category under
the <OS_VERSION> directory tree may not be deployed. After deployment of the
instrumentation to the agent, the instrumentation files are not written to the
directory on the agent. For example, after deployment of /var/opt/OV/share/databases/OpC/mgd_node/instrumentation/
<category_name>/Unix/Linux/x86/2.6/any_script.sh, the any_script.sh file is
missing from the /var/opt/OV/bin/instrumentation directory on the agent.
- Change Request: QCCR1A90114 When called twice, install_OVPM.sh destroys
tool assignments to tool groups.
- Change Request: QCCR1A60764 Configuration upload of a scheduled template
aborts on Solaris and produces "ERROR/WARNING: Database: ORA-01480: trailing
null missing from STR bind value" on HP-UX system.
- Change Request: QCCR1A54758,
QXCR1000215797 The file for selective distribution /etc/opt/OV/share/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/seldist.tmpl
is lacking info for several SPIs, e.g. DB2SPI, WSSPI, WASSPI.
- Change Request: QCCR1A108203 Assignment and deassignment of policies
fails under certain conditions.
- Change Request: QCCR1A108201 Listing policy groups that are assigned
to a node displays a double /.
- Change Request: QCCR1A108173 Deleting policy group could fail with
message: Object <policy_group> could not be found in the database.
- Change Request: QCCR1A107652 When installing and configuring the
HP OM on the second cluster node in decoupled database scenario, the ORACLE_HOME
variable must be set to the Oracle client location. But ovoconfigure ignores
that setting and fails with: ERROR: Cannot create symbolic link for Oracle shared
- Change Request: QCCR1A107536 In certain cases opcpolicy aborts when
deleting policy from group.
- Change Request: QCCR1A104329 When OPC_DM_CONNECT_TIMEOUT variable
is set to some big value, opcauditmsg will take long time to finish when HPOM
server is started.
- Change Request: QCCR1A104036 De-assignment and deployment of policy
group "Management Server" in a HA environment might fail.
- Change Request: QCCR1A103543 Transferring the configuration from
an HPOM 8.x server to an OML 9.x server could fail. When uploading the configuration
with opccfgupld, the following error occurred: "Duplicate object detected (opc_op_browser_set_obj)".
The configuration upload adds the nodes, node groups and policies and so on
but it does not add the users and the user profiles.
- Change Request: QCCR1A103407 Adding a virtual node with mach_type=MACH_BBC_WIN2K3_X64
fails: Changing node to virtual failed for node '<nodename>'.
- Change Request: QCCR1A101979 When uploading upper case non-IP nodes
from HPOM 8 into HPOM 9, the nodes are not converted to lowercase even though
OPC_USE_LOWERCASE is TRUE (new HPOM 9 default). But HPOM 9 otherwise applies the
lowercase handling also to non-IP nodes. This leads to a situation where the
upper case non-IP nodes cannot be deleted in the admin UI nor via opcnode CLI.
opccfgupld should take the value of the configuration variable "OPC_USE_LOWERCASE"
into account when uploading nodes in the OM9 database.
- Change Request: QCCR1A101544 'ovolicense -report -product HPOM ' can
report missing 'HP Operations Manager Server' licenses in MoM environment if
a primary manager of one of server nodes was changed.
SR (service requests)
Two Party System
as Polyarchy :
Corruption of Regulators :
and Control Freaks : Toxic Managers :
Harvard Mafia :
: Surviving a Bad Performance
Review : Insufficient Retirement Funds as
Immanent Problem of Neoliberal Regime : PseudoScience :
Who Rules America :
: The Iron
Law of Oligarchy :
War and Peace
Finance : John
Kenneth Galbraith :Talleyrand :
Oscar Wilde :
Otto Von Bismarck :
George Carlin :
Propaganda : SE
quotes : Language Design and Programming Quotes :
Random IT-related quotes :
Somerset Maugham :
Marcus Aurelius :
Kurt Vonnegut :
Eric Hoffer :
Winston Churchill :
Napoleon Bonaparte :
Ambrose Bierce :
Bernard Shaw :
Mark Twain Quotes
Vol 25, No.12 (December, 2013) Rational Fools vs. Efficient Crooks The efficient
markets hypothesis :
Political Skeptic Bulletin, 2013 :
Unemployment Bulletin, 2010 :
Vol 23, No.10
(October, 2011) An observation about corporate security departments :
Slightly Skeptical Euromaydan Chronicles, June 2014 :
Greenspan legacy bulletin, 2008 :
Vol 25, No.10 (October, 2013) Cryptolocker Trojan
Vol 25, No.08 (August, 2013) Cloud providers
as intelligence collection hubs :
Financial Humor Bulletin, 2010 :
Inequality Bulletin, 2009 :
Financial Humor Bulletin, 2008 :
Bulletin, 2004 :
Financial Humor Bulletin, 2011 :
Energy Bulletin, 2010 :
Malware Protection Bulletin, 2010 : Vol 26,
No.1 (January, 2013) Object-Oriented Cult :
Political Skeptic Bulletin, 2011 :
Vol 23, No.11 (November, 2011) Softpanorama classification
of sysadmin horror stories : Vol 25, No.05
(May, 2013) Corporate bullshit as a communication method :
Vol 25, No.06 (June, 2013) A Note on the Relationship of Brooks Law and Conway Law
Fifty glorious years (1950-2000):
the triumph of the US computer engineering :
Donald Knuth : TAoCP
and its Influence of Computer Science : Richard Stallman
: Linus Torvalds :
Larry Wall :
John K. Ousterhout :
CTSS : Multix OS Unix
History : Unix shell history :
VI editor :
History of pipes concept :
Solaris : MS DOS
: Programming Languages History :
PL/1 : Simula 67 :
History of GCC development :
Scripting Languages :
Perl history :
OS History : Mail :
DNS : SSH
: CPU Instruction Sets :
SPARC systems 1987-2006 :
Norton Commander :
Norton Utilities :
Norton Ghost :
Frontpage history :
Malware Defense History :
GNU Screen :
OSS early history
Principle : Parkinson
Law : 1984 :
The Mythical Man-Month :
How to Solve It by George Polya :
The Art of Computer Programming :
The Elements of Programming Style :
The Unix Haterís Handbook :
The Jargon file :
The True Believer :
Programming Pearls :
The Good Soldier Svejk :
The Power Elite
Most popular humor pages:
Manifest of the Softpanorama IT Slacker Society :
of the IT Slackers Society : Computer Humor Collection
: BSD Logo Story :
The Cuckoo's Egg :
IT Slang : C++ Humor
: ARE YOU A BBS ADDICT? :
The Perl Purity Test :
Object oriented programmers of all nations
: Financial Humor :
Financial Humor Bulletin,
2008 : Financial
Humor Bulletin, 2010 : The Most Comprehensive Collection of Editor-related
Humor : Programming Language Humor :
Goldman Sachs related humor :
Greenspan humor : C Humor :
Scripting Humor :
Real Programmers Humor :
Web Humor : GPL-related Humor
: OFM Humor :
Politically Incorrect Humor :
IDS Humor :
"Linux Sucks" Humor : Russian
Musical Humor : Best Russian Programmer
Humor : Microsoft plans to buy Catholic Church
: Richard Stallman Related Humor :
Admin Humor : Perl-related
Humor : Linus Torvalds Related
humor : PseudoScience Related Humor :
Networking Humor :
Shell Humor :
Financial Humor Bulletin,
2011 : Financial
Humor Bulletin, 2012 :
Financial Humor Bulletin,
2013 : Java Humor : Software
Engineering Humor : Sun Solaris Related Humor :
Education Humor : IBM
Humor : Assembler-related Humor :
VIM Humor : Computer
Viruses Humor : Bright tomorrow is rescheduled
to a day after tomorrow : Classic Computer
The Last but not Least
Copyright © 1996-2018 by Dr. Nikolai Bezroukov. www.softpanorama.org
was initially created as a service to the (now defunct) UN Sustainable Development Networking Programme (SDNP)
in the author free time and without any remuneration. This document is an industrial compilation designed and created exclusively
for educational use and is distributed under the Softpanorama Content License.
Original materials copyright belong
to respective owners. Quotes are made for educational purposes only
in compliance with the fair use doctrine.
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains
copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically
authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available
to advance understanding of computer science, IT technology, economic, scientific, and social
issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such
copyrighted material as provided by section 107 of the US Copyright Law according to which
such material can be distributed without profit exclusively for research and educational purposes.
This is a Spartan WHYFF (We Help You For Free)
site written by people for whom English is not a native language. Grammar and spelling errors should
be expected. The site contain some broken links as it develops like a living tree...
The statements, views and opinions presented on this web page are those of the author (or
referenced source) and are
not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the opinions of the author present and former employers, SDNP or any other organization the author may be associated with. We do not warrant the correctness
of the information provided or its fitness for any purpose.
September 12, 2017