National Security State as Racket on the Danger of Terrorism
Review of Literature
“Plunderers of the world, when nothing remains on the lands to which they have laid waste by wanton
thievery, they search out across the seas. The wealth of another region excites their greed; and if
it is weak, their lust for power as well. Nothing from the rising to the setting of the sun is enough
for them. Among all others only they are compelled to attack the poor as well as the rich. Robbery,
rape, and slaughter they falsely call empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace.”
"The greatest threat is that we shall become like those who seek to destroy us"
the legendary US diplomat George Kennan warned in 1947
“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the
Ronal Reagan about a different crisis
Books have been written about President Eisenhower’s famous farewell warning in 1961 about
the “military-industrial complex,” and what he described as its “unwarranted influence.” But an
even greater leviathan today, one that the public knows little about, is the “intelligence-industrial
Michael Hirsh in
How America's Top Tech Companies
Created the Surveillance State )
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign
- James Madison
The National Security State is an ideology and practice of the USA elite, closely connected
with the idea of the rule of the
Complex, and especially three-letter agencies ("Trumanites" because of our 33rd president's
role in founding the CIA, the modern Defense Department, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the National
Security Agency). It is somewhat different from national socialist idea as it is married to neoliberalism
and does not included the decisive influence of the state in economic sphere.
Under neoliberalism society has become increasingly militarized, meaning that as most aspects
of the social-democratic state (New Deal state) are eliminated, a police state is rising in its place.
All problems that in the past were seen as social problems, and hence required social solutions, now
acquire police solutions.
Moreover intelligence services became Praetorian Guard of neoliberal elite that is in power and that
completely changed the nature of governance in the USA.
Now there is a country within the country in the USA. It can be called "Classified America". It has population of around 5
million people and controls the other 320 million. Almost 5 million people is more more then 1% of population. And now it become a
formidable political force that strives to become a kingmaker. much like Praetorian Guard in ancient Role it is clearly out of
control of elected government and has its own, sometimes nefarious agenda. All-in-all this is the fastest growing part of
In economic sphere deregulation (economic liberalism or neoliberalism) produce social conflict, which
at some point can not be masked by neoliberal demagogy ("shareholder value", "stakeholder participation"
and other neoliberal crap). At some point it requires police methods of suppression of dissent. As the state now represents interest only of the top 0.1% population,
economic and political spheres became merged under authoritarian rule of financial oligarchy, not unlike
the USSR under bolshevism with the only difference that until 1970th "nomenklatura" was more aligned with the interests
of the society then financial oligarchy. Later it became detached form that interest of lower 80% of population, adopted neoliberal
ideology, became turncoats and facilitated dissolution of the USSR privatizing its wealth in the process.
Under leoliberalism, which established itself in the USA since late 70th, tax laws, inheritance rules, status to trade unions,
door" regulations (which highly correlates with the degree of corruption of the society)
became political decisions favoring neoliberal elite at the expence of common sitizents. To hide this requires constant brainwashing of the population and instilling
fear using external threat. that's where intelligence agancies come handy as they by-and-large control key journalists and key MSM.
For example Washington Post for a long time was called "voice of CIA" even in the US establishment.
Since 9/11 terrorism is used as a smoke screen to hide the warts of neoliberalism and facilitate the transition of state into
nationa security state. Adoption of Patriot Act and resulting hypertrophied growth of intelligence agencies in the USA are just a
tip of the iceberg. In reality the situation became pretty much Orwellian with Intelligence agencies as a ne Big Brother and
the war between Oceania
(USA and NATO vassals) and Eurasia (Russia and China) in the Orwell's famous novel 1984, It is clear that the war with terrorism
launched what can be called "permanent war for permanent peace". The level of rampant militarism
in the USA now is close to what we observe in typical neo-fascist movements, especially under Trump (Fascism
- Wikipedia ):
is a form of radical
that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe, influenced by
World War I and
spread to other
European countries. Fascism opposes
anarchism and is usually
placed on the
within the traditional
Fascists saw World War I
as a revolution that brought
massive changes in the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of
total war and total mass
mobilization of society had broken down the distinction between civilian and combatant. A "military
citizenship" arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner during the
The war had resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to
serve on the front lines and providing economic production and logistics to support them, as well
as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens.
Fascists believe that
is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a
as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.
Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a
dictator and a
martial government composed
of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly
Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political
violence, war, and imperialism
as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.
Fascists advocate a mixed
economy, with the principal goal of achieving
interventionist economic policies.
Since the end of World
War II in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist, and the term is instead
now usually used
by political opponents. The descriptions
are sometimes applied more formally to describe parties of the far right with ideologies similar
to, or rooted in, 20th century fascist movements.
Paradoxially intelligence agencies and Pentagon can't live peacefully with each other and struggle for power. That why
intelligence agencies launched a
color revolution against Trump, who can be viewed as the Presidential Candidate of Pentagon. After coming to power Trump
introduced several new measures which represent the idea of "national neoliberalism". He explicitly wants to use the power of the US
to bully all nations. Those who behave against the USA wishes have sanction imposed and are threatened with war.
In this mutation of neoliberalism as a social system US intelligence apparatus and military establishment are raised to the level
above and beyond civilian control and become a somewhat autonomous system, a hidden government of the
USA. The Deep state as it is now called. For example intelligence againces now
strive and de facto achieved the role of king maker for the most top positions in the USA government. And, if necessary, can
act as a king remover (JFK assassination is a nice example here; CIA fingerprints are all over the place,
but nobody from CIA went to jail for this: "mission accomplished").
The colossal budget with juicy cost-plus contracts of affiliated private companies gives intelligence agencies and Pentagon not only tremendous power, but also
create vested ideological and financial interests. Wars became necessary for maintaining the level of those budgets. Existence of
the "country-scapegoat" is important too for projecting on it all evil that happens within the USA under neoliberalism and blowbacks
from neoliberal foreign policy. For example,
for the moment of its creation, due to Allen Dulles background CIA was aligned with the interests of
There no real overseeing of three letter agencies from neither executive branch, not from
the Congress, nor from the Supreme Court. But the reverse is not true. In a way they now strive to serve as a surrogate king. In other words,
instead of the servant of the state intelligence agencies became the master. Tail wags the dog. This phenomenon is not
limited to the USA. The same hijacking of executive, parliamentarian and judicial braches of govern
happened in other countries. A very interesting example provides the USSR: it was actually betrayal
of KGB brass, who switched side and decided to privatize the country, that was the key factor tthat led to the dissolution of the USSR.
The key "three letter agencies" (CIA,
DOD, NSA, FBI) were established by the National Security Act of 1947, signed in September 18,
1947 by President Harry S. Truman. This year can be considered as the year when National Security State
was born and probably should be celebrated accordingly instead of old-fashioned Independence Day.
Very little was preserved from the "old republic" after this transformation of the USA.
It is prudent to view National Security State as a modern form of corporatism, closely related to
concepts of neo-fascism and
Inverted Totalitarism. As
in the comment to the Guardian article
Internet privacy as important as human rights, says UN's Navi Pillay (Dec 26, 2013):
The surveillance state is the ruling class's key hole through which they monitor us and our
potential dissent. It's now an integral part of capitalism and can't be removed.
The game has changed. It's now about convincing us as much as possible that they will stop snooping
on us. They won't though. It will just become more heavily hidden.
Surveillance state was made possible with the advent of computers, Internet and wireless communication.
In some features it is close to neo-fascism and Latin-American far right authoritarian regimes, but
there are important difference. Instead of organized violence against opponents it achieved its goals
without relentless physical repression/elimination of opponents. It's key feature is mass surveillance,
discreditation and blackmailing of opponents (like in German Democratic Republic there are dossier for
every member of society and skeletons from the closet can be revealed for any politician or activist)
as well as control and manipulation of media, not mass repression of opponents. Like neofascist regimes
of the past (such as Pinochet regime in Chile) and authoritarian "communist" regimes of the past and
present, it make organized opposition to the government virtually impossible. Of the
traits of neo-fascist regimes probably around a half are applicable to the national security state.
After 9/11, Bush government's behavior and especially appeals to public clearly resonate with the
proto-fascist "... uber alles" ideas ("America is an exceptional nation"). As an amazing example of doublespeak Bushists
managed to integrate American exceptionalism into the framework of globalist neoliberal regime (as the
command-and-control center for neoliberal world empire, no less).
Bush government inspired post-9/11
paranoia doesn’t come cheaply, though. Costs were staggering: the military ($682 billion), Homeland
Security (about $60 billion), and 15 intelligence agencies (official figure of combined budget is perhaps
$75 billion; but in reality more then that). The total is probably over a trillion.
Nothing changed under President Obama, which suggests that he is just a figurehead and the
"deep state" is actually in charge. In most
areas the Obama administration was more like Bush II administration, with "change we can believe in" as a smokescreen for
nefarious actions. Obama launched more wars then Bush II too.
In this sense this was the most blatant and the most successful "bait and switch" in the recent political history of the
USA. Later is lightly different form repeated with Trump, who also during election campaign proposed reasonable steps of
improving standard of living of the US population and finishing forign wars, but instance switched sides after election pushing
neoliberal policies at home, and continuing all Bush-Obama wars foreign wars abroad. He also appointed open war hawks into his
administration. The list of neocons in Trumps administration is as long as in Bush II administration and includes people in key
positions such as Haley,
This is the view of Professor Michel Greenon, who in his book advocated the view that tradition
troika of powers in the USA became by and large ceremonial and that real actors, at least in area of
national security are not non-elected executives of super-powerful and well financed three-letter agencies.
Here is a brief overview taken from review published by Reason (National
Security State - Reason.com):
Though Glennon doesn't describe his thesis in terms of public choice theory, it echoes that discipline's
insight that institutions are run for the benefit of the people who run the institutions. For the
Trumanites, Glennon explains, "benefits take the form of enlarged budgets, personnel, missions;
costs take the form of retrenchments in each." Witness the vast archipelago of intelligence
facilities-nearly three Pentagons' worth of office space-that have been erected in greater Washington,
D.C., since 9/11.
The national security state is becoming an autonomous, self-perpetuating entity, Glennon
warns. It sets the table for elected officials' choices and increasingly dictates terms to them.
The permanent bureaucracy basks in the "glow" of Madisonian institutions, drawing legitimacy from
the illusion that elected officials are in charge. But while the buck may stop with the president,
the real power resides with the Trumanites.
This explanation is strongest in the realm of state surveillance, which serves as Glennon's central
case study. Recall the embarrassing revelation, in the summer of 2013, that the NSA was tapping German
Chancellor Angela Merkel's cellphone. What did the president know, and when did he know it? If you
believe top administration officials, Obama was almost as surprised as Merkel. Glennon quotes Secretary
of State John Kerry to the effect that the Merkel wiretap, like a lot of NSA programs, occurred "on
On one hand, that's what you'd expect them to say. On the other hand, the claim is
entirely plausible, and it is consistent with the earlier history of NSA abuses uncovered by the
Church Committee in the 1970s. Under Project SHAMROCK, for example, the NSA collected the content
of virtually all cable traffic entering or leaving the United States for three decades-150,000 messages
a month at its height. It was, the committee's final report concluded, "probably the largest governmental
interception program affecting Americans ever undertaken." And yet it's not clear that any president
ordered, approved, or was even aware of SHAMROCK. When the program's existence was exposed in the
mid-'70s, Louis Tordella, longtime deputy director of the NSA, admitted that he didn't know whether
any president or attorney general had ever been briefed on it.
The picture grows somewhat more complicated when we look at the modern practice of presidential
war making. From the Truman administration onward, the president has accumulated enormous unchecked
authority, despite James Madison's conviction that, since the executive department was "most distinguished
by its propensity to war," it is "the practice of all states, in proportion as they are free, to
disarm this propensity of its influence."
When it comes to picking the wars we wage, it's not clear that the Trumanites are fully in charge.
Take four major war-powers decisions during the Obama administration: the Afghan surge, the escalation
of drone attacks, the Libya intervention, and the current war against ISIS. I put the Trumanite win-loss
record at roughly .500 here. The military and national security bureaucracy fought hard for the surge
and the drone escalation, and got them. They generally opposed the Libyan action, and some prominent
Trumanites-such as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs -appear to have been reluctant to endorse our
latest war in the Middle East.
In the case of this most recent war, domestic politics seems a better explanation: The president
yielded to the near-irresistible demand that he "do something" about the beheading of Americans and
the implosion of the Iraqi state. Bombing ISIS is something, so we're doing it.
The Obama experience suggests we get the wars the Trumanites want -- and also some they don't.
But this is hardly fatal to Glennon's thesis. He stresses that "a good theory of institutional
behavior can predict, at best, only tendency over time"; his "predicts only that national
security policy will change little from one administration to the next." So far, that theory is holding
up rather well.
Even so, I've always been partial to one version of the "government politics" explanation. A few
years ago, I wrote a book arguing that "Americans' unconfined conception of presidential responsibility
is the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties." If
the political reality is such that the president will be held personally accountable for any domestic
terror attack, don't be surprised when he seeks powers nearly as vast as the expectations put upon
Glennon acknowledges it's not either-or; "explanations overlap," he writes. Dumb wars and
security-state overreach are the result of political choices and the bureaucratic imperative. Policy
continuity is depressingly overdetermined.
Real-time histories of key national security decisions in the Obama years tend to underscore this
point. In Kill or Capture, reporter Daniel Klaidman describes the enormous political pressure the
Obama administration was under after the failed "underwear bomber" attack on December 25, 2009. "For
the White House," Klaidman writes, "the psychic toll of Christmas Day was profound. Obama realized
that if a failed terror attempt could suck up so much political oxygen, a successful attack would
absolutely devastate his presidency. And much as he liked to talk about returning to first principles,
Obama also had a powerful instinct for self-correction-as well as self-preservation."
The psychic aftershock of Christmas 2009 helped shape a lot of what followed: from body scanners
at airports to ramped-up drone strikes to the lethal targeting of an American citizen.
But to Glennon's point, the administration was under pressure from the Trumanites well before
that. In the 2012 book, The Obamians: The Struggle Inside the White House to Redefine American Power,
James Mann describes a concerted effort by then-CIA director Michael Hayden and other senior
intelligence officials to preserve business as usual by scaring the hell out of the incoming Obama
team. Their private name for this scheme was the "Aw, Shit! Campaign."
The scare tactics worked. Klaidman reports that both Harold Koh, legal advisor at the State Department,
and Jeh Johnson, the Pentagon's general counsel, used the same metaphor to describe the military
pressure for more targeted killings: a runaway train. It was like "a massive freight train hurling
down the tracks" Koh said. "You would have to throw yourself on the tracks to try to stop it," said
All this helps shed light on Obama's strange and disorienting May 2013 "drone speech" at the National
Defense University in Washington, D.C., in which the president seemed to be speaking not as commander
in chief, but as his own loyal opposition.
In the speech, Obama said things like "Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions,
our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don't need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents
unbound powers." And: "The very precision of drone strikes can also lead a president and his team
to view [them] as a cure-all for terrorism." I remember thinking: "A president"? Which one? Anyone
in particular? Who's in charge here, anyway?
National Security and Double Government suggests that the answer to that last question isn't quite
so obvious, that the "most powerful man in the world" isn't nearly as powerful as he might appear.
It remains the case that Obama had the formal authority to say no to mass surveillance and perpetual
war. But saying no would require resisting enormous bureaucratic and political pressure. And anybody
willing to do what it takes to become president is unlikely to transform himself into a self-denying
Cincinnatus once in office. Political survivors don't jump in front of trains.
While US government spent around $3.67 trillion in 2013, the revenue was just $2.77 trillion. Of
that amount over one trillion went to three-letter agencies and DOD. Now you understand to whom real
power belongs. Moreover the government has to borrow about $900 billion in order to maintain national
security state programs intact. And there are 5 million (yes million) people in the USA with security
clearance and around 3 million with top security clearance. In other words "Welcome to the USSR." or
even Third Reich (actually republican senators opposed Truman initiative due to fear that he replicated
institution of the Third Reich in the USA and only support of powerful Democrats allowed the president
to push the act through the Congress.
But even if it was close to the Third Reich in political effects and its essence, this type of political
structure is different, because it does not rely on mass mobilization. Instead it relied on the power
of "deep state" and mass surveillance as well as passivity of most electorate.
As Paxton describes it (Tracking
Fascism) fascism as just hypertrophied and misguided nationalism, a specific flavor of far right
nationalism. The central emotions in fascism and nationalism are identical. In other words
at the core of fascist emotional mobilization always lies far right nationalism and that is important
distinction with national security state and neoliberalism which are globalist and "imperial"
and does not stress particular nationality as long of the person/group serves empire interests:
...Feelings propel fascism more than thought does. We might call them mobilizing passions, since
they function in fascist movements to recruit followers and in fascist regimes to "weld" the fascist
"tribe" to its leader. The following mobilizing passions are present in fascisms, though they
may sometimes be articulated only implicitly:
- The primacy of the group, toward which one has duties superior to every right, whether
universal or individual.
- The belief that one's group is a victim, a sentiment which justifies any action against
the group's enemies, internal as well as external.
- Dread of the group's decadence under the corrosive effect of individualistic and cosmopolitan
- Closer integration of the community within a brotherhood (fascio) whose unity and purity
are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary.
- An enhanced sense of identity and belonging, in which the grandeur of the group reinforces
- Authority of natural leaders (always male) throughout society, culminating in a national
chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group's destiny.
- The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in
a Darwinian struggle.
Post 9/11 "passions" in the USA were definitely skillfully used by Bush administration to push
the nation into the Iraq war and the attacks on dissenters that occurred during it were pretty vicious,
really in traditions of Third Reich ("you are either with us, or with our enemies").
But public was not really central in this whole issue. Americans were extras at best, patsies at
worst, Essentially all major decisions were made "behind the curtain" by
deep state structures and public was just brainwashed
into approval of those action. That's an important different between national security state and classical
fascist regimes. In classic fascist state the leading fascist party would be central to unleashing such
a war. Here it was bust a bunch of highly placed bureaucrats in Bush II administration (so called
neocons, which is an ideological group allied with the military industrial
complex, but not an organized party as such).
Here is a more extended treatment of this issue (cited from
Rush, Newspeak and Fascism An exegesis
IV Tracking Fascism):
1. [Group primacy]: See, again, the Bush Doctrine. An extension of this sentiment is at play
among those jingoes who argue that Americans may need to sacrifice some of their civil rights --
say, free speech -- during wartime.
2. [Victim mentality]: This meme is clearly present in all the appeals to the victims of Sept.
11 as justifications for the war. It is present at nearly all levels of the debate: from the White
House, from the media, even from the jingoist entertainment industry (see, e.g., the lyric of Darryl
Worley's extraordinarily popular country-western hit, "Have You Forgotten?": "Some say this country's
just out looking for a fight / Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right.").
3. [Dread of liberal decadence]: This meme has been stock in trade of the talk-radio crowd
since at least 1994 -- at one time it focused primarily on the person of Bill Clinton -- and has
reached ferocious levels during the runup to the war and after it, during which antiwar leftists
have regularly and remorselessly been accused of treason.
4. [Group integration] and 5. [Group identity as personal validation] are, of course,
among the primary purposes of the campaign to demonize liberals -- to simultaneously build a cohesive
brotherhood of like-minded "conservatives" who might not agree on the details but are united in their
loathing of all things liberal. It plays out in such localized manifestations as the KVI Radio 570th
On-Air Cavalry, which has made a habit of deliberately invading antiwar protests with the express
purpose of disrupting them and breaking them up. Sometimes, as they did recently in Bellingham, this
is done with caravans of big trucks blaring their horns; and they are also accompanied by threatening
rhetoric and acts of physical intimidation. They haven't yet bonded in violence -- someone did phone
in a threat to sniper-shoot protesters -- but they are rapidly headed in that direction.
6. [Authority of leaders]: This needs hardly any further explanation, except to note that
George W. Bush is actually surprisingly uncharismatic for someone who inspires as much rabid loyalty
as he does. But then, that is part of the purpose of Bush's PR campaign stressing that he receives
"divine guidance" -- it assures in his supporters' mind the notion that he is carrying out God's
destiny for the nation, and for the conservative movement in particular.
7. [An aesthetic of violence]: One again needs only turn to the voluminous jingoes of Fox
News or the jubilant warbloggers to find abundant examples of celebrations of the virtues -- many
of them evidently aesthetic -- of the evidently just-completed war.
I would like to stress that similar processes occurred in different states after WWII as well (Latin
America military dictatorships are one example). And with new force and on the new level after the dissolution
of the USSR in Russia. Of course the USSR was a National Security Surveillance State even before
WWII, being one of the "pioneers" of this form of state along with Italy and Germany. But it was a rather
"primitive" form of national security state in a sense that it did not rely on computers, collecting
"envelope" of all Internet communication, emails headers and other "meta-data" as well as systematic
interception of SMS-based communications as well interception of wireless communication and financial
operations via computerized banking (especially credit card transactions) for surveillance.
Mickey Edwards, who served in Congress from 1977 to 1993, and is the author of “The Parties Versus
the People: How to Turn Republicans and Democrats Into Americans.” published a very penetrating review
of the book in
The Boston Globe. In which he stated:
It has long been the province of conspiracy theorists to claim that the real power of government
is not wielded by the obvious practitioners of statecraft — presidents, members of Congress, the
judiciary — but by secret or semi-secret entities, real wizards whose hidden machinations send us
to war, sell us out to enemies, siphon public treasure into private hands. Depending on your talk
show or paranoia of choice, these are the bankers, oil barons, one-worlders, war profiteers, Bilderbergers,
Masons, Catholics, Jews, or Trilateralists. Our formal institutions, in this scenario, are stage
sets, Potemkin villages; our officials are puppets; we are an unsuspecting audience.
Michael Glennon, a respected academic (Tufts’s FLETCHER SCHOOL) and author of a book brought to
us by an equally respected publisher (Oxford University Press), is hardly the sort to indulge in
such fantasies. And that makes the picture he paints in “National Security and Double Government”
all the more arresting. Considering Barack Obama’s harsh pre-election criticisms of his predecessor’s
surveillance policies, for example, Glennon notes that many of those same policies — and more of
the same kind — were continued after Obama took office. “Why,” he asks, “does national security
policy remain constant even when one President is replaced by another, who as a candidate repeatedly,
forcefully, and eloquently promised fundamental changes in that policy?”
The answer Glennon places before us is not reassuring: “a bifurcated system — a structure of double
government — in which even the President now exercises little substantive control over the overall
direction of US national security policy.” The result, he writes, is a system of dual institutions
that have evolved “toward greater centralization, less accountability, and emergent autocracy.”
If this were a movie, it would soon become clear that some evil force, bent on consolidating power
and undermining democratic governance, has surreptitiously tunneled into the under-structure of the
nation. Not so. In fact, Glennon observes, this hyper-secret and difficult-to-control network arose
in part as an attempt to head off just such an outcome. In the aftermath of World War II, with the
Soviet Union a serious threat from abroad and a growing domestic concern about weakened civilian
control over the military (in 1949, the Hoover Commission had warned that the Joint Chiefs of Staff
had become “virtually a law unto themselves”), President Truman set out to create a separate national
By 2011, according to The Washington Post, there were 46 separate federal departments and agencies
and 2,000 private companies engaged in classified national security operations with millions of employees
and spending of roughly a trillion dollars a year. As Glennon points out, presidents get to name
fewer than 250 political appointees among the Defense Department’s nearly 700,000 civilian employees,
with hundreds more drawn from a national security bureaucracy that comprise “America’s Trumanite
network” — in effect, on matters of national security, a second government.
Glennon’s book is not a breezy read: It’s thick with fact and not unappreciative of conundrum
(“The government is seen increasingly by elements of the public as hiding what they ought to know,
criminalizing what they ought to be able to do, and spying upon what ought to be private. The people
are seen increasingly by the government as unable to comprehend the gravity of security threats.”).
Nor is he glib with proposed solutions: to adequately respond to the threats posed by a below-the-radar
second government will require “a general public possessed of civic virtue,” which prompts Glennon
to cite retired Supreme Court justice David Souter’s bemoaning of a “pervasive civic ignorance.”
Not all of the problem can be laid at Truman’s feet. And if we ourselves are part of the zeitgeist
that allows invisible governments to flourish, repair will be difficult. As Glennon puts it, “the
term Orwellian will have little meaning to a people who have never known anything different, who
have scant knowledge of history, civics, or public affairs, and who in any event have never heard
of George Orwell.”
This is no secret conspiracy nor a plot to deprive Americans of their civil liberties. It is the
unintended consequence of a thoughtful attempt to head off the very threats that those attempts have
inadvertently created. But if Glennon’s book is enlightening it is also scary. And it’s not fiction.
There are multiple reasons such as to instill fear, and to demonstrate competence (Big
Brother’s Liberal Friends — Crooked Timber)
Dr. Hilarius, 10.27.14 at 11:44 pm
An excellent analysis and summation.
Any defense of the national security state requires
the proponent to show, at a minimum, that the present apparatus is competent at its task.
Having lived through Vietnam, the Gulf Wars, Iraq and Afghanistan (not to mention many smaller
governmental adventures) I see no evidence of competence. Instead, it’s repetitive failures of
analysis and imagination no matter how much raw intelligence is gathered.
Nor is there any evidence that existing oversight mechanisms function as intended. Recent revelations
about the CIA spying on the Senate should be enough to dispel the idea that leakers have no role
Kinsley is particularly loathsome. His position is little more than “your betters know best”
and that the state’s critics are guttersnipes needing to be kicked to the curb. Kinsley doesn’t
need a coherent position, his goal is to be a spokesman for the better sorts, nothing more...
Tremendous push (or acceleration of pre-existing tendencies) toward National Security State occurred
after 9/11 under the banner of fighting terrorism. At the point technological capabilities of mass surveillance
using computers and the ability to have a dossier for everybody were in place, while mass deployment
of PC, credit cards and cell phones provides constant stream of information to those dossiers, not that
different from "gum shoes" reports. On November, 2001 the phone records of most Americans begin flowing
to the N.S.A. After 9/11, President Bush
the N.S.A. to collect phone and Internet content and metadata without a warrant. Within weeks, under
the so-called President’s Surveillance Program (P.S.P.), the major telephone companies voluntarily hand
over the data. The N.S.A. creates a twenty-four-hour “Metadata Analysis Center” (MAC) to search the
phone records. In October 26, 2001: The Patriot Act is passed. Section 215 allows the government to
seize “any tangible things (including books, records, papers, documents, and other items) for an investigation
to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities.”
At this point the process started with adoption of Truman doctrine came to a logical end: national
surveillance state became a reality. Formally Truman Doctrine was created "to support free peoples
who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures." but in
reality their function was more questionable and after 9/11 (some people date this event as early as
1963 -- JFK assassination) those activities created what is called "The State Within a State"
similar to the USSR KGB role (see
The State Within a State by Yevgenia Albats and Catherine A. Fitzpatrick). Here is one review of
passionate albeit muddled, August 24, 1999
I have problems with the author's obvious hatred of the Russian Revolution and Stalin and the
way she claims there is an unbroken chain of horror going all the way back to 1917. Obviously
things are better today -- hence her book! She says 66.7 million people died under "Chekist" rule
since the Russian Revolution -- and then cites the Guiness Book of Records as her source!? No
one could ever prove such a figure, I think its one of things that's repeated 'til it becomes
I also find the author's lack of knowledge about our own CIA kind of disheartening. This fine
organization has spread as much death and terror in the Third World (Indonesia, Guatemala,Chile,
Argentina, Brazil etc. etc. ) as the KGB ever did anywhere, yet she seems to make them out to
be benevolent compared to the KGB (which if you read this book are responsible for everything
wrong with the world today).
After reading this book I still don't understand why she thinks the KGB or its incarnations
are as bad today as they were at the height of the Terror in 1937. Its not really explained in
the book. I still am not convinced that the KGB was the NKVD, and definitely convinced that either
was the SS. Research I have done casually has never come up with hard, convincing figures for
a Nazi style genocide in the USSR, and this anecdotal, unconvincing book didn't change my historical
See Michael J. Hogan, A Cross of Iron: Harry S. Truman and the Origins of the National
Security State, 1945-1954. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998; which "explains the transformative
process that ended in the ultimate demise of the New Deal state with its emphasis on social spending
and ushered in the militarist National Security State." From Amazon review:
Hogan, a specialist in American diplomatic and national security studies, has written a complex
but interesting work on the emergence of the national security state. To create this state, it
was necessary to merge the armed forces, the Defense Department, and scientists into a single unit
to enhance the military's capabilities. To a large extent, this unification was accomplished
in the 1950s. The driving forces were James Forrestal, Dean Acheson, and powerful members of Congress
such as Carl Vinson (D-GA), who chaired the Committee on Naval Affairs, along with presidents Truman
Hogan presents a compelling case but overemphasizes the importance of Truman and Eisenhower while
downplaying the role of Vinson and others in the security state's creation. In fact, both Truman
and Eisenhower often seemed opposed to it but succumbed to pressure from Congress and key figures
like Acheson. This extremely complex study, which deals with a subject few other books handle, is
designed for scholars and informed lay readers interested in the creation of the "military-industrial
complex." by Richard P. Hedlund, Ashland Community Coll., KY
Former CIA officer Victor Marchetti in his book "Propaganda
and Disinformation: How the CIA Manufactures History" noted:
"As I pointed out in the preface to The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence in 1974, democratic
governments fighting totalitarian enemies run the risk of imitating their methods and thereby destroying
democracy. By suppressing historical fact, and by manufacturing historical fiction, the CIA,
with its obsessive secrecy and its vast resources, has posed a particular threat to the right
of Americans to be informed for the present and future by an objective knowledge of the past.
As long as the CIA continues to manipulate history, historians of its activities must be Revisionist
if we are to know the truth about the agency's activities, past and present."
Attempts to curtain the surveillance proved to by fruitless.
Church Committee was probably the most
important "after JFK assassination" attempt to somewhat tame three latter agencies and especially CIA,
but it ended in nothing.
Later NSA overtook CIA in many areas of intelligence gathering activities. Which create internal
frictions between two agencies. State Department also "infringed" in CIA role in foreign countries and,
for example, in organization of neoliberal color
revolutions in oil rich or strategically important countries it is difficult to tell when clandestine
actions of State Department ends and clandestine actions of CIA stars and vice versa.
In is interesting to note that even Senators feel threatened by this
total surveillance system. In December 14, 2005 Senators
Barack Obama, Chuck Hagel, John Kerry, Richard Durbin, and several colleagues
sign a letter
warning that Section 215 “would allow the government to obtain library, medical and gun records
and other sensitive personal information” that “would allow government fishing expeditions targeting
innocent Americans.” They demand that the records requested should “have some connection to a suspected
terrorist or spy,” a requirement that would
protect innocent Americans from unnecessary surveillance and ensure that government scrutiny is based
on individualized suspicion, a fundamental principle of our legal system.
In March, 2006,
the Patriot Act is reauthorized without the changes sought by Obama and others.
In his October 19, 2012 review of the book Saman Mohammadi (The
The case could be made that the creation of the CIA and the National Security State in 1947 was necessary.
But after sixty years of human rights abuses, systematic attacks on the constitution, false flag
assassinations of political reformers, and other
horrible crimes against humanity, should not the CIA be reformed?
Let's put the question of morality aside. What are the "national security" reasons that legitimize
the existence of the CIA? Once you learn that Al-Qaeda is a CIA creation and
proxy insurgent army and that 9/11 was a massive false flag operation, you come
to the natural conclusion that the CIA does not perform a national security role.
The CIA plays a much dirtier role: engineering the American mind. It is not denied that the shadow
CIA has major influence in the mainstream media, especially amongst top newspapers such as The Washington
Post and The New York Times. Michael S. Rozeff
speculates that the New York Times is entirely run by the CIA.
We can't know for certain if that is true because of the lack of historical documentation in the
public domain, but there is a mountain of observable evidence that proves the CIA has many of its
spooks working for the New York Times. Go
for just one example.
Until the American people demand that the U.S. government commit to radical transparency and the
principles enshrined in the U.S. constitution, the shadow CIA and the mainstream media can twist
history and manage public perceptions of reality as much as they like.
The shadow CIA's greatest power comes from its
command of the American public mind as well as its ability to create a fictional version
of history. The false flag September 11 events was the shadow CIA's biggest media operation to date.
It was their Mona Lisa. They painted the canvas of reality with the brush of myth, and worked day
and night to shape the collective memory of the American people while the horror of the tragic attacks
was still fresh in the nation's mind.
Although the shadow CIA doesn't have a total command of the American mind and of history, as proven
by the rise of the global 9/11 truth and justice movement, it possesses enough media power to mold
world public opinion and dictate government policy for the United States with ease. There is no question
that its power is totalitarian in nature and its aims are evil. It does not serve the interests of
the American people; that much is clear.
How can there be freedom when CIA officials in television studios, newspaper offices, and publishing
companies drive the public conversation and form the national narrative on every issue of significance.
The global alternative media is the only global civil society actor that is putting limits on the
CIA's power to make up history and suppress the truth about historical events like 9/11 and the occult
sacrifice of JFK.
In the past, the shadow CIA was presented with roadblocks in the Congress. But 9/11 fixed that
problem. The laws and the politics changed. In
"The Big Chill," author Dan Froomkin says the absence of Congressional leadership in the
post-9/11 political universe has strengthened executive power. Here is an excerpt his article:
After past periods of executive excess, the Fourth Estate was certainly more robust and arguably
more persistent, but it also found natural allies in the other branches of government—particularly
Congress. By contrast, over the summer of 2012, the publication of a minimal amount of new information
regarding drones, cyberwarfare and targeted killings incited bipartisan agreement on Capitol Hill—not
to conduct hearings into what had been revealed, but to demand criminal investigations into the
Since the Congress is not willing to stand up for the rights of the American people, the truth, human
rights, and the U.S. Constitution, then the American people and global civil society must stand up.
Congress has no real power. According to a recent
Rasmussen survey, Congress only has an eight percent approval rating. There are underground,
neo-Nazi groups in Europe that are more popular than the Congress.
That's how Congress has been ever since the terrorist attacks 11 years ago. "We never got our
Church Committee," said Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists's
Project on Government
Secrecy, referring to a special investigative Senate committee that held hearings on widespread
intelligence abuses after the Watergate scandal. "What we've got instead is the intelligence oversight
committee drafting legislation to penalize leaks."
The mainstream media is no better. It is content with its role as a propaganda arm of the shadow
CIA, and that is a tragedy. American newspapers have the power to improve their nation and change
the world for the better, but instead they choose to cover up independent investigations of shady
events like 9/11 that shed light on how the U.S. government really operates.
Alternative media outlets like Infowars.com, Veterans Today, Lew Rockwell.com, Washington's Blog,
The Corbett Report, and countless others are doing the best they can to educate the American people
and wake up humanity.
The last thing the shadow CIA wants to see is an informed and awakened America. It is waging a
war on human consciousness because it is scared of an enlightened world. A world that
is awake and aware of its crimes against humanity is its greatest nightmare.
If the shadow CIA has its way, it will continue inventing stories and passing it off as history
with total immunity. But the global alternative media is telling the shadow CIA: Enough is enough,
stop lying to the American people and the world.
The CIA's reckless disregard of U.S. traditions and laws made former President Harry Truman rethink
his decision to create the CIA in the first place. On December 22, 1963, Truman wrote in The Washington
On August 17, 1975 Senator Frank Church stated on NBC's
Meet the Press without
mentioning the name of the NSA about this agency (Wikipedia):
For some time I have been disturbed by the way the CIA has been diverted from its original
assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government.
This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas. I never
had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger
In the need to develop a capacity to know what potential enemies are doing, the United States
government has perfected a technological capability that enables us to monitor the messages that
go through the air. Now, that is necessary and important to the United States as we look abroad at
enemies or potential enemies. We must know, at the same time, that capability at any time could be
turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left such is the capability
to monitor everything—telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn’t matter. There would be no place
If this government ever became a tyrant, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological
capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total
tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back because the most careful effort to combine together
in resistance to the government, no matter how privately it was done, is within the reach of the
government to know. Such is the capability of this technology.
I don’t want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the capacity that is there
to make tyranny total in America, and we must see to it that this agency and all agencies that possess
this technology operate within the law and under proper supervision so that we never cross over that
abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return.
In his book "Brave
New World Order" (Orbis Books, 1992, paper), Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer argues that the Bush I war in
Iraq (as well as Bush II invasion and occupation of the country) was an action of the military industrial
complex usurping the "peace dividend". Iraq was attractive target as it has oil and far enough away
to prove a good vehicle for eating up contract cash. He views the rise of the National Security Defense
State as a consequence of "the threat of peace" for military industrial complex and identifies seven
characteristics of a such a state:
Now we can add one additional feature
- The military is the highest authority. In a National Security State the military
not only guarantees the security of the state against all internal and external enemies, it has enough
power to determine the overall direction of the society. In a National Security State the military
exerts important influence over political, economic, as well as military affairs.
- Political democracy and democratic elections are viewed with suspicion, contempt, or in
terms of political expediency. National Security States often maintain an appearance of democracy.
However, ultimate power rests with the military or within a broader National Security Establishment.
- The military and related sectors wield substantial political and economic power. They do
so in the context of an ideology which stresses that 'freedom" and "development" are possible only
when capital is concentrated in the hands of elites.
- Obsession with enemies. There are enemies of the state everywhere. Defending against external
and/or internal enemies becomes a leading preoccupation of the state, a distorting factor in the
economy, and a major source of national identity and purpose.
- The working assumption is that the enemies of the state are cunning and ruthless. Therefore,
any means used to destroy or control these enemies is justified.
- It restricts public debate and limits popular participation through secrecy or intimidation.
Authentic democracy depends on participation of the people. National Security States limit such participation
in a number of ways: They sow fear and thereby narrow the range of public debate; they restrict and
distort information; and they define policies in secret and implement those policies through covert
channels and clandestine activities. The state justifies such actions through rhetorical pleas of
"higher purpose" and vague appeals to "national security."
- The church is expected to mobilize its financial, ideological, and theological resources
in service to the National Security State.
- Total surveillance
Compare that definition of the National Security State with the definition of
Inverted Totalitarism. Most countries
now have features of both.
The debate about National Security State reemerged in June 2008 due to revelations make about existence
of the Prism program and similar program
by British security services. For example, Jacob Augstein used the term "Obama's Soft Totalitarianism"
in his article
Europe Must Stand Up to American Cyber-Snooping published by SPIEGEL.
Here is an interesting comment of user MelFarrellSr in
The Guardian discussion of the article
NSA analysts 'willfully violated' surveillance systems, agency admits (August 24, 2013):
Here's the thing about the NSA, the GCHQ, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, et al...
We all have to stop commenting as if the NSA and the GCHQ are in this thing on their own; the
reality is that no one was supposed to know one iota about any of these programs; the NSA and the
GCHQ began and put in place the structure that would allow all internet service providers, and indeed
all corporations using the net, the ability to track and profile each and every user on the planet,
whether they be using the net, texting, cell, and landline.
We all now know that Google, Yahoo, and the rest, likely including major retailers, and perhaps
not so major retailers, are all getting paid by the United States government, hundreds of millions
of dollars of taxpayer money, our money, to profile 24/7 each and every one of us..., they know how
we think, our desires, our sexual preferences, our religious persuasion, what we spend, etc.; make
no mistake about it, they know it all, and what they don’t currently have, they will very soon…
These agencies and indeed all those who are paid by them, will be engaged over the next few weeks
in a unified program of "perception management" meaning that they will together come up with an all-encompassing
plan that will include the release of all manner of statements attesting to the enforcement of several
different disciplinary actions against whomever for "illegal" breaches of policy...
They may even bring criminal actions against a few poor unfortunate souls who had no idea they
would be sacrificed as one part of the "perception management" game.
Has anyone wondered why, to date, no one in power has really come out and suggested that the program
must be curtailed to limit its application to terrorism and terrorist types?
Here’s why; I was fortunate recently to have given an education on how networks such as Prism,
really work, aside from the rudimentary details given in many publications. They cannot, and will
not, stop monitoring even one individuals activity, because to do so will eventually cause loss of
the ability to effectively monitor as many as 2.5 Million individuals.
Remember the “Two to Three Hop” scenario, which the idiot in one of the hearings inadvertently
spoke of; therein lies the answer. If the average person called 40 unique people, three-hop analysis
would allow the government to mine the records of 2.5 million Americans Do the math; Internet usage
in the United States as of June 30, 2012 reached a total of over 245,000,000 million…
The following link shows how connected the world is… http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats2.htm
We should never forget how the Internet began, and who developed it, the United States Armed Forces;
initially it was known as Arpanet, see excerpt and link below…
"The Internet may fairly be regarded as a never-ending worldwide conversation." - Supreme Court
Judge statement on considering first amendment rights for Internet users.
"On a cold war kind of day, in swinging 1969, work began on the ARPAnet, grandfather to the
Internet. Designed as a computer version of the nuclear bomb shelter, ARPAnet protected the flow
of information between military installations by creating a network of geographically separated
computers that could exchange information via a newly developed protocol (rule for how computers
interact) called NCP (Network Control Protocol).”
There is no government anywhere on the planet that will give up any part of the program…, not
without one hell of a fight...
Incidentally, they do hope and believe that everyone will come to the same conclusion; they will
keep all of us at bay for however long it takes; they have the money, they have the time, and they
economically control all of us...
Pretty good bet they win...
The book American Exceptionalism
and Human Rights (edited by Ignatieff) raised an important and probably the most controversial question
in world politics: whether the United States stands within the order of international law or outside
Following are based on the article by Laurence W. Britt published in
Free Inquiry magazine
To a secular humanist, the principles of international law seems logical, right, and crucial.
Yet, there is one archetypal political philosophy that is anathema to almost all of these principles.
It is fascism. And fascism’s principles are wafting in the air today, surreptitiously masquerading
as something else, challenging everything we stand for. The cliché that people and nations learn
from history is not only overused, but also overestimated; often we fail to learn from history, or
draw the wrong conclusions. Sadly, historical amnesia is the norm.
We are two-and-a-half generations removed from the horrors of Nazi Germany, although constant
reminders jog the consciousness. German and Italian fascism form the historical models that define
this twisted political worldview. Although they no longer exist, this worldview and the characteristics
of these models have been imitated by protofascist regimes at various times in the twentieth century.
Both the original German and Italian models and the later protofascist regimes show remarkably similar
characteristics. Although many scholars question any direct connection among these regimes, few can
dispute their visual similarities.
Beyond the visual, even a cursory study of these fascist and protofascist regimes reveals the
absolutely striking convergence of their modus operandi. This, of course, is not a revelation
to the informed political observer, but it is sometimes useful in the interests of perspective to
restate obvious facts and in so doing shed needed light on current circumstances.
The following regimes can be studies in this respect: Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Franco’s Spain,
Salazar’s Portugal, Papadopoulos’s Greece, Pinochet’s Chile, and Suharto’s Indonesia. They constitute
a mixed bag of national identities, cultures, developmental levels, and history. But they all followed
the fascist or protofascist model in obtaining, expanding, and maintaining power. Further, all these
regimes have been overthrown, so a more or less complete picture of their basic characteristics and
abuses is possible. Analysis of these seven regimes reveals fourteen common threads that link them
in recognizable patterns of national behavior and abuse of power. These basic characteristics are
more prevalent and intense in some regimes than in others, but they all share at least some level
One can wonder how many of those are applicable to Bush/McCain. What do you think ?
Propaganda of nationalism and Exceptionalism ("shining city on the hill", beckon
of democracy, etc). Prominent displays of flags and ubiquitous lapel pins. The fervor to show
patriotic nationalism, both on the part of the regime itself and of citizens caught up in its
frenzy. Pride in the military, and demands for unity are way of expressing this nationalism. It
was usually coupled with a level of suspicion of things foreign that often bordered on xenophobia
(French fries - Freedom fries).
Disdain for the importance of human rights. Despite "freedom rhetorics" the party
views human rights as of little value and a hindrance to realizing the objectives of the ruling
elite. Through clever use of propaganda, the population was brought to accept these human rights
abuses by marginalizing, even demonizing, those being targeted. When abuse was egregious and truth
about gulags is out, the tactic was to use secrecy, denial, and disinformation.
Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. The use of scapegoating
as a means to divert the people’s attention from other problems, to shift blame for failures,
and to channel frustration in controlled directions. The methods of choice—relentless propaganda
and disinformation—were usually effective. Often the parties would incite “spontaneous” acts against
the target scapegoats, such as Muslims, communists/socialists/liberals, ethnic and racial minorities,
traditional national enemies, members of other religions, secularists, homosexuals, and “terrorists.”
Opponents of these party were inevitably labeled as terrorists stooges and dealt with accordingly.
The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. Ruling elites identified closely
with the military. A disproportionate share of national budget is allocated to the military, even
when domestic needs were acute. The military was seen as an ultimate expression of nationalism,
and was used whenever possible to assert national goals, intimidate other nations, and increase
the power and prestige of the ruling elite.
Sexism. Beyond the simple fact that the political elite and the national culture
were male-dominated, the party covertly views women as second-class citizens. Often are both anti-abortion
and homophobic with the cover of religious values. For propaganda reasons those attitudes were
masterfully blended into strong support of the fundamentalist religious sects, thus lending the
party some legitimacy to cover for its abuses.
A controlled mass media. The mass media could be relied upon never to stray from
the party line. Control can be indirect and subtle with formal adoption of slogan about "free
media". Methods included the control of licensing, access to resources, economic pressure, appeals
to patriotism, and implied threats. The leaders and owners of the mass media are part of
the power elite. The result is rampant brainwashing, which usually success in keeping
the general public unaware of the party's excesses.
Obsession with national security. A national security apparatus is bend to come
under direct control of the ruling elite. It is used to bypass laws as a direct instrument of
oppression, operating in secret and beyond any constraints. Its actions were justified under the
rubric of protecting “national security,” and questioning its activities was portrayed as unpatriotic
or even treasonous.
Abuse of religion. The party attaches itself to the dominant religion of the
country and chose to portray themselves as militant defenders of religious values. The fact that
the ruling elite’s behavior was incompatible with those values is swept under the rug. Propaganda
kept up the illusion that the ruling elites were defenders of the faith and opponents are “godless.”
A perception was manufactured that opposing the party is tantamount to an attack on religion.
Power of corporations protected. Although the personal life of ordinary citizens
was under strict control, the ability of large corporations to operate in relative freedom was
not compromised. The ruling elite saw the corporate structure as a way to not only ensure military
production (in developed states), but also as an additional means of social control. Members of
the economic elite were often pampered by the political elite to ensure a continued mutuality
of interests, especially in the repression of “have-not” citizens.
Power of organized labor suppressed or eliminated. Since organized labor was
seen as the one power center that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and
its corporate allies, it was inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor formed an underclass,
viewed with suspicion or outright contempt. Being poor was considered akin to a vice.
Disdain and suppression of intellectuals. Intellectuals and the inherent freedom
of ideas and expression associated with them were anathema to these party. Intellectual and academic
freedom were considered subversive to national security and the patriotic ideal. Universities
professors come under close scrutiny; politically unreliable faculty harassed or eliminated. Unorthodox
ideas or scientific theories, especially economic, are strongly attacked, silenced, or crushed.
Obsession with crime and punishment. Draconian systems of criminal justice with
huge prison populations. The police is often glorified and had almost unchecked power, leading
to rampant abuse. Criminal charges sometimes are used against political opponents. Fear, and hatred,
of criminals or “traitors” was often promoted among the population as an excuse for more police
Rampant cronyism and corruption. Those in business circles and close to the power
elite often used their position to enrich themselves. This corruption worked both ways; the power
elite would receive financial gifts and property from the economic elite, who in turn would gain
the benefit of government favoritism. With the national security apparatus under control and the
media muzzled, this corruption was largely unconstrained and not well understood by the general
Fraudulent elections. Elections in the form of two candidates representing the same
power elite are usually bogus. When actual elections with candidates were held, they would usually
be perverted by the power elite to get the desired result. Common methods included maintaining
control of the election machinery, intimidating and disenfranchising opposition voters, suppressing
responsibilities for legal votes, and, as a last resort, turning to a judiciary beholden to the
Does any of this ring alarm bells? Of course not. After all, this is America, officially a democracy
with the rule of law, a constitution, a free press, honest elections, and a well-informed public
constantly being put on guard against evils. Historical comparisons like these are just exercises
in verbal gymnastics. Maybe, maybe not.
The most recent debate about the legitimacy of national security state as exists in the USA was sparked
by Edward Snowden revelations. The following are 27 quotes from Edward Snowden about National
Security State modus operandi might send a chill up your spine...
- #1 "The majority of people
in developed countries spend at least some time interacting with the Internet, and Governments are
abusing that necessity in secret to extend their powers beyond what is necessary and appropriate."
- #2 "...I believe that at
this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable
fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents."
- #3 "The government has
granted itself power it is not entitled to. There is no public oversight. The result is
people like myself have the latitude to go further than they are allowed to."
- #4 "...I can't in good
conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people
around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."
- #5 "The NSA has built
an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything."
- #6 "With this capability,
the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I
wanted to see your e-mails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your
e-mails, passwords, phone records, credit cards."
- #7 "Any analyst at any
time can target anyone. Any selector, anywhere... I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities
to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President..."
- #8 "To do that, the NSA
specifically targets the communications of everyone. It ingests them by default. It collects them
in its system and it filters them and it analyzes them and it measures them and it stores them for
periods of time simply because that's the easiest, most efficient and most valuable way to achieve
these ends. So while they may be intending to target someone associated with a foreign government,
or someone that they suspect of terrorism, they are collecting YOUR communications to do so."
- #9 "I believe that when
[senator Ron] Wyden and [senator Mark] Udall asked about the scale of this, they [the NSA] said it
did not have the tools to provide an answer. We do have the tools and I have maps showing where people
have been scrutinized most. We collect more digital communications from America than we do from
- #10 "...they are intent
on making every conversation and every form of behavior in the world known to them."
- #11 "Even if you're not
doing anything wrong, you're being watched and recorded. ...it's getting to the point where you don't
have to have done anything wrong, you simply have to eventually fall under suspicion from somebody,
even by a wrong call, and then they can use this system to go back in time and scrutinize every decision
you've ever made, every friend you've ever discussed something with, and attack you on that basis,
to sort of derive suspicion from an innocent life."
- #12 "Allowing the
U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is
contrary to the public interest."
- #13 "Everyone everywhere
now understands how bad things have gotten — and they’re talking about it. They have the power to
decide for themselves whether they are willing to sacrifice their privacy to the surveillance state."
- #14 "I do not want to
live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to
support or live under."
- #15 "I don't want to live
in a world where there's no privacy, and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."
- #16 "I have no intention
of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong."
- #17 "I had been looking
for leaders, but I realized that leadership is about being the first to act."
- #18 "There are more important
things than money. If I were motivated by money, I could have sold these documents to any number
of countries and gotten very rich."
- #19 "The great fear that
I have regarding the outcome for America of these disclosures is that nothing will change. [People]
won't be willing to take the risks necessary to stand up and fight to change things... And in the
months ahead, the years ahead, it's only going to get worse. [The NSA will] say that... because of
the crisis, the dangers that we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat, we need more
authority, we need more power, and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose
it. And it will be turnkey tyranny."
- #20 "I will be satisfied
if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible executive powers that rule the world
that I love are revealed even for an instant."
- #21 "You can't come up
against the world's most powerful intelligence agencies and not accept the risk."
- #22 "I know the media
likes to personalize political debates, and I know the government will demonize me."
- #23 "We have got a CIA
station just up the road – the consulate here in Hong Kong – and I am sure they are going to be busy
for the next week. And that is a concern I will live with for the rest of my life, however long that
happens to be."
- #24 "I understand that
I will be made to suffer for my actions, and that the return of this information to the public marks
- #25 "There’s no saving
- #26 "The only thing I
fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won't be able to help any more. That's what keeps
me up at night."
- #27 "I do not expect to
see home again."
- 20190114 : Something about MIC gargantuan appetites: the cost of running Texas Railroad Commsion (RRC) for year are less that one half of the cost of (mostly useless) F35 not including fuel ( Jan 14, 2019 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20190114 : Its official: was of terrorism was replaced by war on populism ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : More Americans fleeing high-tax states ( Jan 13, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190113 : Mitt Romney, Commander of the Fake Internationalists by Doug Bandow ( Jan 10, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190113 : Those Porky Pentagon Earmarks Never Really Went Away ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190113 : Goldman Sachs Says Markets Indicate a 50% Chance of a Recession ( Jan 13, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190113 : UAE energy minister says average oil price in 2018 was $70 a barrel ( Jan 13, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190113 : Canada's Crude Oil Production Cuts Are Unsustainable by Haley Zaremba ( Jan 13, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190113 : Ask your Senators if they've heard/read Browder's 2015 deposition in the Prevezon case ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : RFK knew how it works. RFK junior explained the reason for RFK's focus on organized-crime until CIA whacked him. That's why his book was made to sink without a ripple. ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : CIA is boosting the volume of its anti-Russian vilification because more and more CIA assets are getting flushed out. Stephan Halper is an obvious spook. Page is the corniest traitor since Lee Harvey Oswald ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Potencial of having a nuclear cataclysm out of civil war in Ukraine is firtneing perspecitve ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Who are the people populating Ukrainian Armed Forces? ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Hypocrisy Without Bounds US Army Major Slams The Tragedy Of [Neo]Liberal Foreign Policy ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190113 : Parkinson disease and Russians ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The only reason the evil bastards who control our society can get away with their treachery is because most of the American people are out to lunch on the most important issues of our time. ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : They don't want popular support. They want agents in complete control ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The USA repeats the history of the later Roman empire, with the army and intelligence agencies firmly in control ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Whether kabuki theater or real gamesmanship but the threshold of decency has been crossed by Trump and uncrossing it is going to be very tricky ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The American public naively assumes that their Imperial Project is so god-like in its powers and prowess that no other great power should be able to meddle in our domestic affairs and elections ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190112 : Gundlach Warns U.S. Economy Is Floating on 'an Ocean of Debt' ( Jan 12, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190112 : CLASSIFIED The most powerful investor you never heard of by globalintelhub ( Jan 12, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190112 : In the news: NBC and MSNBC have been officially merged with the CIA ( Jan 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190112 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jan 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190112 : These US companies employ the most H-1B visa holders ( Jan 12, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190111 : That is another surefire sign of degeneracy: when a regime can only produce incompetent, often old, leaders who are completely out of touch with reality and who blame their own failures on everyone but themselves ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190111 : There is a cancer in the entire west, and it is leading to great inequality. ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190111* How Shocking Was Shock Therapy ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190111 : http://www.unz.com/tsaker/placing-the-usa-on-a-collapse-continuum-with-dmitry-orlov/ ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190109 : Trump Foreign Policy for 2019 by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190109 : What is absolutely remarkable to me in a very bad way is that this piece of trash received 681 reviews on Amazon, only 21 with one star and the balance above that for an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 ( Jan 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190109 : Mattis One More General For The Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone ( Jan 09, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190108* The smaller the financial sector is the more real wealth there is for the rest of society to enjoy. The bigger the financial sector becomes the more money it siphons off from the productive sectors ( Jan 08, 2019 , neweconomicperspectives.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190108* Rewriting Economic Thought - Michael Hudson ( Oct 05, 2015 , michael-hudson.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190108* The Financial Sector Is the Greatest Parasite in Human History by Ben Strubel ( March 13, 2014 ) [Recommended]
- 20190108* No, wealth isn t created at the top. It is merely devoured there by Rutger Bregman ( Mar 30, 2017 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190107 : The Fed IS the Ugly Truth ( The Automatic Earth )
- 20190107 : Our Man in Riyadh by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jan 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190107 : Junk Economics and the Parasites of Global Finance by MICHAEL HUDSON ( Mar 23, 2016 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190107 : How the BBC Manufactured 'Hate' by Jack Krak ( Jan 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190104 : Anonymous Data Collection Is More Risky Than Users Think ( Jan 04, 2019 , www.itprotoday.com )
- 20190104 : Cramer sees an Apple bottom of $120 per share, 16% below Thursday's open ( Jan 04, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190104 : Shale still vulnerable if OPEC gets nasty ( Jan 04, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190104 : This Is Not the Time to Be Initiating New Positions in Equities ( Jan 04, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190104 : There is no political left in US. There are only 2 right wing parties and it's only a matter of degree ( Jan 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190104 : The unified command responsible for the United States' nuclear strike capabilities drew attention on Monday when it tweeted a message and video that threatened the possibility of dropping a bomb ( Jan 04, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190104 : Trump Fought For His Withdrawal For a Year by Willy B ( Jan 04, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190104* Veteran NBC-MSNBC Journalist Blasts Network in Resignation ( Jan 04, 2019 , theintercept.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190103 : Is Warren Buffett Sending a Signal About the Bond Market ( Jan 03, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190103 : Oil drops on concerns of economic downturn, but OPEC cuts support by Henning Gloystein ( Jan 03, 2019 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20190103 : Twenty-one days after NSAM 263 and the State Department memo, President Diem is overthrown, and twenty-one days later, President Kennedy is overthrown. ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190103 : The Rise of the Trader ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190103 : Neoliberal Totalitarianism And The Social Contract ( Jan 18, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20190103 : There is no hope for the humanity. The greed of the working class knows no boundaries ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190103 : Is EU sustainable in its current form ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190103 : Why France's Yellow Vest protests have been ignored by "The Resistance" in the U.S. by Max Parry ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : American People Admit Having Facebook Data Stolen Kind Of Worth It To Watch That Little Fucker Squirm ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.theonion.com )
- 20190102 : IOW time is running out for the neo-cons, and they're only going to get Iran destroyed and hold onto power in the US through an outright Bolshevik style coup against the public (some kind of fabricated National Emergency) ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : T>he NY Times exposes how aligned the globalist leftist elite is with the NEOCON globalist elite. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : Israel is hardly a normal country. It is an Apartheid Colony ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : Israel is not interested in fighting this fight alone. It has dragged others into it, including the US. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : The proximate reason why Iran is a problem in this region is because Israel cannot resolve the Palestinian issue. Iran is basically a gigantic wag the dog. Without this external ginned up threat, Israel is simply stuck in a Palestinian mire ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : In these times, the real political debate is centered around the issues of migration and national identity. It's what Brexit was all about. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102* The Only Meddling "Russian Bots" Were Actually Democrat-Led "Experts" by Mac Slavo ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190101 : Israel is Bad for America by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 01, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20181231 : If some in the Dutch government were part of the possible MH17 conspiracy, for me it is possible, would explain unexplained facts, but if they were, w'll never know. ( Dec 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181231 : Poor General Kelly, one of the generals who let 911 happen, is probably going to be promoted to Bechtel. ( Dec 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181231 : Britain fell for a neoliberal con trick even the IMF says so by Aditya Chakrabortty ( Oct 17, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181229 : Two More Spiegel Employees Out After Fake News Scandal Expands - ( Dec 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181229 : U.S. retirees try to keep cool as stocks tumble by Tim McLaughlin ( Dec 29, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181227 : My impression is, ISIS is a mossad-Jewish lobby creation to win the PR war against Muslims and to keep the US attacking and containing Israel's geopolitical adversaries and eternally occupying Arab lands, and well, to Make Israel Safe Again ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Employees at Jewish Claims Center had people pretend to be victims of Nazi persecution so they could collect money German funds over 6000 phony claims ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : The Markets Are Signaling Something Awful Ahead Market Recon ( Dec 27, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181227 : Chart analyst sees a weeks-long relief rally in stocks that could offer selling opportunity ( Dec 27, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181227 : Could someone explain to me how exactly was the Soviet Union a serious threat to the US, particularly in 1947? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : There is a lot of silly hostile talk against Russia and China, but have you noticed how the US military always makes sure that there are no direct confrontations with countries that can turn the US into radioactive dust? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : In which prosperous U.S. Zionist "career" field has John Yoo landed? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : I'm sure the Trumpster is telling us peasants what we want to hear, just as he did while campaigning, and who knows if the US military will really get out of Syria on his order ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump disengagement from Syria may be (and probably is) nothing more that a tactical retreat/change in plans for which the Mattis resignation is merely a fig leaf; that is, it's just more of the same disingenuous dialectics that we've been bombarded with since the beginning of the "Trump" administration ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Syrian government forces 'enter' Kurdish-controlled Manbij region ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Netanyahu: Israel will escalate its fight against Iranian-aligned forces in Syria after the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Syria Withdrawal Enrages the Chickenhawks by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : There is a difference between chickenhawks and neocon chickenhawks ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Lindsay Graham ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Is it possible to wrench control of MSM out of hand on large corporations and intelligence agencies? ( Dec 27, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181227 : The destruction and destabilisation of the ME, an Israeli plan, as far as I know. ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181225 : 'The worst is yet to come' Experts say a global bear market is just getting started by Yen Nee Lee ( Dec 25, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181225 : The USA has become especially corrupt internally since about the time the Soviet Union fell, with every aspect of US culture the courts and law, health care, etc becoming a criminal racket ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181225 : The Mystery of American Imperial Power by Guillaume Durocher ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181224 : Time to Get Out of Syria by Eric Margolis ( Dec 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181224 : Endless War Has Been Normalized And Everyone Is Crazy... by Caitlin Johnstone ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181224 : Wells Fargo bonuses were bad business on steroids ( Dec 24, 2018 , www.yahoo.com )
- 20181223 : I suggest Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard for SECDEF ( Dec 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181223 : Post 2001 the USA foreign policy was driven by MIC, neoliberals trying to open foreign markets and attemopts to grab natiral resources (especially oil), and Isreal acting as MIC lobbyist ( Dec 23, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181222 : Family of Secrets The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.amazon.com )
- 20181222 : US Embassy Shopping List ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222 : The Vocabulary of Economic Deception by Michael Hudson and Bonnie Faulkner ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181222* We can be actually confident not just that the journalists in the MSM are on the payroll but that the invoices and accounts for their bribes are carefully preserved. ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181222* British Security Service Infiltration, the Integrity Initiative and the Institute for Statecraft by Craig Murray ( Dec 13, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk ) [Recommended]
- 20181222 : Check out the RTL coverage: the "reporter" is standing on a street that is filled shoulder to shoulder as far as the lens can see with yellow vests, and states "there are about 50, maybe a hundred people here..." ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222* If Truth Cannot Prevail Over Material Agendas We Are Doomed by Paul Craig Roberts ( www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181222 : Crude refusal China shuns U.S. oil despite trade war truce ( Dec 22, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181221 : China national charged with stealing trade secrets by David Shepardson and Makini Brice ( Dec 21, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181221 : The natural progression of Russiagate: (1) OMG, they hacked voting machines! (2) OMG, they hacked DNC servers! (3) OMG, someone talked to a Russian! ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20181220 : One of the two CrowdStrike executives that had helped push the story to the press was a former department director at the FBI serving under Robert Mueller ( Dec 20, 2018 , disobedientmedia.com )
- 20181220 : Peak Deep Fake - Nvidia's Scary AI Generates Humans That Look 100% Real ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181220 : The Year of Putin-Nazi Paranoia by C.J. Hopkins ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181220 : Everything that falls short of fawning praise of Jews is anti-Semitic. ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181219 : The highest priority should be SEIZING the ASSETS of EVERY individual who LIED us into WAR. ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181219 : Judge excoriates Trump ex-adviser Flynn, delays Russia probe sentencing by Jan Wolfe and Ginger Gibson ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.yahoo.com )
- 20181219 : Trump is neocons hostage and does not control the USA foreign policy. In this circumstances China needs to get tough on casino modul Adelson to get her message heard by Bolton and other neocons ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181218 : Looks like AP joined Integrity Intiative ( Dec 18, 2018 , news.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : Warren Buffett suggests you read this 19th century poem when the market is tanking ( Dec 18, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : Stock Sell-Off Defies Everything the Bulls Hoped Would Stop It ( Dec 18, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : DoubleLine's Gundlach says U.S. equities are in long-term bear market ( Dec 17, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : 14,889,930,106,680 Reasons to Fear Recession ( Dec 18, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : FBI's Flynn Notes Show He Was Aware of Nature of First Interview ( Dec 18, 2018 , news.yahoo.com )
- 20181218 : Wall Street, Banks, and Angry Citizens by Nomi Prins ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181218 : What Lies Behind the Malaise of the West by Pat Buchanan ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181217 : Hitler was defeated by soviet armies. They had thousands of Russian made T34, patriotic soldiers (more than 10 millions died, against around 0.1 million from US), and smart generals ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181217 : Visualizing The West's Domination Of The Global Arms Market ( Dec 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181217 : How you can tell that MSM is the front man for the CIA ( Dec 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181216 : Trump Models His War on Bank Regulators on Bill Clinton and W's Disastrous Wars by Bill Black ( Dec 14, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181216 : Top Democrat Schiff Adds Call for Probe of Trump, Deutsche Bank Links ( Dec 16, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181216 : Writers Silenced by Surveillance Self-Censorship in the Age of Big Data by Nik Williams ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181216 : A World of Multiple Detonators of Global Wars by James Petras ( Dec 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181215 : Pwnie Awards ( Dec 15, 2018 , pwnies.com )
- 20181215 : Robert Kagan s Jungle Book of Forever War ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181214 : You apply for a job. You hear nothing. Here's what to do next ( Dec 14, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181214 : Less Than Grand Strategy: Zbigniew Brzezinski s Cold War The Nation ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20181214 : What percentage of CIA budget goes to the support of free press ( Dec 01, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* Vetting NYT materials by CIA reflects full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger – between our the government and the neoliberal MSM ( Dec 01, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : New York Times fraudulent election plot dossier escalates anti-Russia hysteria ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181214 : New York Times aka The Langley Newsletter ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* The dirty propaganda games NYT play ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : Operation Mockingbird has never stopped ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : The American Mega-Media has long been in the bag of Corporatism. Long gone are the days of reporters challenging the Military. During the Vietnam War the Military Briefings were Derisively called the Five O Clock Follies. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : The whole austerity crisis thing appears to have been engineered so that a few blinkered and unpatriotic, vulture mafia privateers can make a killing, selling off vital state assets, such as infrastructure and ports, to the Chinese. This is a very suspicious and widespread trend. ( Jun 09, 2013 , theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Here's the funny thing about those who cheer the broken neoliberal model. They promise we will get to those "sunny uplands" with exactly the same fervor as old Marxists. ( Jun 08, 2013 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Noam Chomsky pointed this out aeons ago though-that the American model is to use tax money to benefit private interests through technological infrastructure ( Jun 08, 2013 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Neoliberal ideology acted as a smokescreen that enabled the financially powerful to rewrite the rules and place themselves beyond the law ( Jun 10, 2013 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom by Deborah Orr ( Jun 08, 2013 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : The era of neoliberalism has seen a massive increase in government, not a shrinkage. The biggest change is the role of governments - to protect markets rather than to protect the rights and dignities of its citizens ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181212 : Freedom and privacy have been eroded by the malicious actions of psychopaths. The tech itself is like a fence. The destruction of liberty is like English kleptocrats forcing peasants off the commons and fencing the land into sheep pens. Don't blame fence technology; don't blame the sheep; blame the kleptocrats. ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181212 : What the Infotech-Telecom Revolution Has Actually Done Ian Welsh ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181210 : What the Infotech-Telecom Revolution Has Actually Done Ian Welsh ( Dec 10, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181210 : Facebook, Whatsup and Brazilian elections ( Dec 10, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181210 : How Big Brother Grips Americans' Minds to Support Invasions by Eric Zuesse ( Dec 10, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20181210 : A WORLD FEDERATION Chapter 4 Individual Responsibility The Nurenberg Principles by John Scales Avery ( Dec 09, 2018 , Countercurrents )
- 20181209 : NYT and CIA have had relationship with, and was caught having planted CIA workers as NYT writers ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181209 : The Mafia, CIA and Bush Senior - Pete Brewton, Author, Journalist (1992) Part 1 of 2 ( Dec 09, 2018 , nomadiceveryman.blogspot.com )
- 20181209 : Wannabe Zionists (Bolton) has been trying hard to show his loyalty to the Jewish State ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181209 : Big Brother is Watching You Watch ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Large corporation like Facebooka and Google are profoundly undemocratic and have ties with intelligence agencies on multiple level including the level of founders ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Authoritarianism has always existed. But it hasn't always been clearly visible. Technology makes authoritarianism more powerful. Centralization and urbanization have served the purposes of the elite well ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Concentration of wealth drive inverted totalitarism and authoritarian tendencies in the society ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Never forget that fascism is the natural defence mechanism of capital. After it is accrued, it must be defended ( Dec 09, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181208 : Yahoo: White House, Trudeau seek to distance themselves from Huawei move ( Dec 08, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181208 : White House, Trudeau seek to distance themselves from Huawei move ( Dec 08, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181208 : Now that the banks are calling in their insurance, the EU has to deliver either by screwing down Italy the same as they did Greece or getting the French and German public (or better the whole EU) to bail out the banks. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208* Internet as a perfect tool of inverted totalitarism: it stimulates atomizatin of individuals, creates authomatic 24x7 surveillance over population, suppresses solidarity by exceggerating non-essential differences and allow more insidious brainwashing of the population ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181208 : Our benighted nation has become a "Global" entity, which entails our young men and women being used as cannon fodder for Israel's designs ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Putin wants to normalize relations with the west but, inexplicably, he provokes and alienates the West just prior to every scheduled meeting with Trump. These events only makes sense if the provocations are coming from agents in the West who wish to derail any rapprochement between the US and Russia ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Interview of Lamar Waldren, Historian, on the REAL H. W. Bush by Thom Hartmann ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181208 : Presidents, prime ministers, congresspersons and parliamentarians worldwide regularly negate the democratic will of their nation's voters by refusing to support legitimate election results. Strangely, their treasonous actions continue without serious reprisal or punishment by the voter. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Anyone who knows anything about history is that the rich were always better off than the poor, in fact the very definition of rich and poor. In this respect it never mattered if a society was capitalistic, communistic, or a theocracy, ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Israel is one undeniably large factor behind spending surges since 2005. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : One fatal flaw of WASPs on both sides of the pond is that the upper crust ones don't seem to have much empathy for the less fortunate of their own kind ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181207 : Globalism is about moving capital to the benefit of the haves. Migrants/immigrants are a form of capital. ( Dec 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181206 : Social Security benefits will go up in 2019. Find out now how big your check will be ( Dec 06, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181206 : Market Moves Suggest a Recession Is Unavoidable ( Dec 06, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181206 : The construction of a make-believe reality guarantees the US military/security complex's annual budget of $1,000 billion dollars of taxpayers' money even as Congress debates cutting Social Security in order to divert more largess to the pockets of the corrupt military/security complex ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181206 : All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the floundering into lust, is a sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : A MUST SEE Gladio or Undermining Democracy to Fight the Soviets Defend Democracy Press ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181205 : Facebook Struck Secret Deals To Sell Preferential User Data; Used VPN App To Spy On Competitors ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181205 : What Foreign Threats by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : INF Treaty End Is Near After Pompeo Gives Russia An Ultimatum ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181205 : Manufacturing Official Narrative by C.J. Hopkins ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181204 : The Ignored Legacy Of George H.W. Bush War Crimes, Racism, Obstruction Of Justice ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : The Trump as neocons marionette by Tom Luongo ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : Neoliberalism and Fascism The Stealth Connection ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20181204 : There is direct censorship and indirect censorship ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181203 : Neoliberalism is just a sanitised-sounding expression, to cover-up the fact that what we are really seeing here is re-branded, far-right corporatist ideology ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181203* Neoliberalism is a modern curse. Everything about it is bad and until we're free of it, it will only ever keep trying to turn us into indentured labourers. It's acolytes are required to blind themselves to logic and reason to such a degree they resemble Scientologists or Jehovah's Witnesses more than people with any sort of coherent political ideology, because that's what neoliberalism actually is... a cult of the rich, for the rich, by the rich... and it's followers in the general population are nothing but moron familiars hoping one day to be made a fully fledged bastard. ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181203 : The banks put their own short-term interests above their long-term interests of financial stability ( Jun 08, 2013 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181203 : The classic form of neoliberal corruption: The rotating door betweens banks and intelligence agencies brass ( Dec 03, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181203 : One skilled researcher directs readers to the Warren Commission, where buried deep inside one volume is a finding that Oswald's rife was inoperable, certainly unable to function as a precise assassination weapon. Plus Oswald was a lousy shot to begin with. ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181203 : From Killing Kennedy To Kremlin Collusion - Deep State Forced Out Of The Shadows ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181203 : Does any country on Earth has a democracy? ( Dec 03, 2018 , guardian.co.uk )
- 20181202* Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski Wins 2018 Sam Adams Award by Ray McGovern ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181202 : JFK MURDER SOLVED - Reward ( Dec 02, 2018 , jfkmurdersolved.com )
- 20181202 : George H.W. Bush, who died today at 94, most likely oversaw the CIA assets assigned to the JFK kill team ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.legitgov.org )
- 20181201 : Assange Never Met Manafort by Craig Murray ( Nov 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : A typical normal person reaction on reading a fresh issue of NYT or Guardian is screaming "ALL LIES, ALL LIES, ALL LIES" ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : H>ostility to immigration has always been a reaction to economic decline ( Dec 01, 2018 , mainlymacro.blogspot.com )
- 20181201 : The New York Times As Corrupt Judge And Jury ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181201 : The Times isn't a newspaper at all but a clandestine operation run by intelligence units. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : The critical articles are nothing more than smokescreens. We are led to believe how hard-hitting the newspapers are and how they hold the politicians and other power-brokers to fire. All hogwash. It is better we recognize that the citizens are merely props they need to claim legitimacy. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : Google is very evil, with its advertising price controls, automated stealing of data, preferences for its own services in search results over more popular competitors, and in many other ways. But I don't think that the Google Suggestions are deliberately skewed in the way you're suggesting. ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Google is micro-gaslighting again by Steve Sailer ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201* Whataboutism charge is a change of a thought crime, a dirty US propaganda trick. In reality truth can be understood only in the historica context ( Aug 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181201 : An interesting book: The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence by Victor Marchetti ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : Announcement - The Unz Review ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Whitewashing McCain's Support for the War on Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181201* Congress' Screwed-Up Foreign Policy Priorities by Daniel Larison ( Apr 30, 2005 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181201 : Whitewashing McCain's Support for the War on Yemen ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181130* US Warlords now and at the tome Miill's Poer Elite was published ( May-June 1 1999, , prospect.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181128 : Russia Is Disadvantaged by Her Belief that the West Is Governed by Law by Paul Craig Roberts ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181128 : Beware the Trumpenleft! by C.J. Hopkins ( Nov 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181127* US Foreign Policy Has No Policy by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181127 : US Required to Give Israel $10,500,000 Each Day ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : Phanar Phantom by Israel Shamir ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : For those who have doubts that Facebook is controlled by intelligence agencies ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : Orwell's story is an allegory of modern Western politics and social commentary, where so many essential but inconvenient facts are "silently dropped" from analysis. ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : The deceased was the nephew of the arms dealer, Adnan. ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : Fighting primitive antisemitism ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Senior Saudi Prince Says CIA's Khashoggi Findings Cannot Be Trusted ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181125 : Remarks Prepared for Delivery at the Trade Mart in Dallas President John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963 ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.jfklibrary.org )
- 20181125 : John F. Kennedy and the Monolithic and Ruthless Conspiracy by Laura Knight-Jadczyk ( Nov 22, 2006 , www.sott.net )
- 20181125 : Trump and His Loyalists are "Animal Farm's" Pigs ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181125 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181125 : October 24, 2018 at 06:29 ( Nov 25, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181125 : How U.S. Politics Have Become Paramilitarized by Jeremy Scahill ( Nov 25, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20181125 : Trump vs Berlusconi ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Phanar Phantom by Israel Shamir ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : UK MPs seize documents expected to expose Facebook's covert data harvesting -- RT UK News ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181125 : Felix Keverich ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181124* Anonymous Exposes UK-Led Psyop To Battle Russian Propaganda ( Nov 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181124* British Government Runs Secret Anti-Russian Smear Campaigns ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181124 : Tomgram Danny Sjursen, Global War to Infinity and Beyond by Danny Sjursen ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20181124 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181124* When you are paid a lot of money to come up with plots psyops, you tend to come up with plots for psyops . The word entrapment comes to mind. Probably self-serving also. ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181123 : Anti Tulsi Gabbards lies are being aggressively promoted by neocons in both parties ( Nov 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181122 : Trump, JFK, and the Deep State Part Q by Jack Ravenwood ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies ( FDD ), which has become the leading neoconservative bastion seeking a war with Iran ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : The State Dept. humanitarians, inspired by Clinton, and the totally zionized National Endowment for Democracy (and other banderite Chalupas) are undoubtedly elated with the "democracy on the march" in Ukraine ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : American foreign aid is prohibited from being given to any country that has not signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (the Symington Amendment) or refuses to abide by International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) guidelines regarding its nuclear devices. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : A USA politician on tv 'we do not love them, w're afraid of them'. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : There Are Hundreds of Groups in the US Furthering the Interests of the Israeli State - They Should be Registered As Foreign Agents by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : Sixteen years ago Wesley Clark said that the PNAC plan was for the US to take out 7 countries in 5 years, with Iran being the coup de gras. Hasn't happened yet. ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : Keeping Bin Salman In Place Will Hurt Trump s Middle East Policies ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181121 : An alternative view on Turkey and Khashoggi by Marios Evriviades ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181120 : The Torah, biblical and Quran stories were written in agrarian societies where capitalistic enterprise hardly existed. Loans were for not dying of hunger in the period between when the food of the last harvest had been used completely, and the new harvest was still in the future. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : It is an interesting side-note that both Christianity and Islam both prohibit the use of usury ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Jewish conman Bill Browder, who made the US Congress to dance to his tune, is named as a suspect in four murders: "'Highly likely that Magnitsky was poisoned by toxic chemicals on Bill Browder's orders" ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Finance Magnates analysis reports that one of the swindles alone has brought in over a billion dollars and employs 5,000 people. And a new scam, described below, may help what is predicted to be "the next major driver of the Israeli economy." ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Ukraine whistleblower exposes alleged DNC collusion ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : When do we take a stand, (when do we fight)? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel support const Us taxpayers more than just the 3 billion per year, it more like 5 billion if you count the 760,000 for missile defense and a dozen other programs for aid to Israel. Cost was 1.6 trillion as of 2002, probably 2 trillion by now. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Supposedly the 1965 Immigration Act was engineered by Jews to destroy white society. What it did accomplish was importing a bunch of Asians and Hispanics who do not care a whit about Israel or Jews and some Muslims who detest them. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Doesn't anyone else get fatigued by the constant demand for attention by the one Ethnostate supposedly created by God ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel Wins 2018 Election by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : The problem is that if you look into eyes of Medusa you drop dead ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : I love you Melania!! (Grin) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Medusa's "hair" signifies the bad ideas coming out from women head. Did you notice how many women in US are engaging in politics? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : No comments ;-) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : As history has proved, time and time again, when "literal fascists" take over your democracy, outlaw opposing political parties, and start shipping people off to concentration camps and revoking journalists' White House access, the only effective way to defeat them is to form a whole buttload of congressional committees and investigate the living Hitler out of them by C.J. Hopkins ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Thanking Vets for Their Service -- Why by The Saker ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : The US instigated coup was in line with Brzezinski's "Grand Chessboard" delusions of the US having to control Eurasia especially Ukraine in order to reduce Russia to the role of a regional power. ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : The way that WTC 7 is so strenuously avoided and brushed aside by the Establishment, and even by many commenters here, stinks ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Did Britain initiate both world wars? ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181118 : A>ll, empires are ipso facto violent, since they must keep a variety of other states and peoples under permanent control and this can only be achieved by way of violence ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : Ann Rand vs Aldous Huxley ( Nov 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : Difficult times are coming for the US military industrial complex as for foreign arms sales ( Nov 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181117 : America's Permanent-War Complex by Gareth Porter ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181116 : US Is Optimistic It Will Prosecute Assange ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.wsj.com )
- 20181115 : Russians as a new collective Emmanuel Goldshein in the USA neoliberal propaganda ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181115 : Why Orwell is Superior to Huxley by Colin Liddell ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181115 : Study US Has Spent $5.9 Trillion on Wars Since 2001 ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : Congressional Report Warns US Might Lose a War Against China or Russia ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : What Genghis Khan Can Teach Us About American Politics ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181115 : In the Fascist conception of history, man is man only by virtue of the spiritual process to which he contributes as a member of the family, the social group, the nation, and in function of history to which all nations bring their contribution ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181114 : Jewish Politics in America A Post Political View by Gilad Atzmon ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181114* Is Orwell overrated and Huxley undertated? ( Nov 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : Facebook, Google, and Microsoft Use Design To Trick You Into Handing Over Your Data, Report Warns ( Nov 12, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20181112* The Democratic Party long ago earned the designation graveyard of social protest movements, and for good reason ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : DEA And ICE Hiding Secret Cameras In Streetlights ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112 : Trump was elected by advocating a populist-nationalist agenda, he betrayed his voters almost instantly and governed as Bush III ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : War has become USA's 2nd nature above beyond the very essence of the military use, which should be to protect the nation's sovereignty ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112* The Best Way To Honor War Veterans Is To Stop Creating Them by Caitlin Johnstone ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Obama s CIA Secretly Intercepted Congressional Communications About Whistleblowers ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Protecting Americans from foreign influence, smells with COINTELPRO. Structural witch-hunt effect like during the McCarthy era is designed to supress decent to neoliberal oligarcy by Andre Damon and Joseph Kishore ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : Although Trump had reached the presidency by advocating a radical populist-nationalist agenda, he has hardly governed in those terms ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : France The Incredible Shrinking President by Guillaume Durocher ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : Macron wants to be like Putin, but the leash gets in the way ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : We Are Heading For Another Tragedy Like World War I by Eric Margolis ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181110 : CIA's 'Surveillance State' is Operating Against US ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110* US Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan Killed 500,000 by Jason Ditz ( Nov 10, 2018 , news.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : It is quite possible that Pentagon hack was a false flag operation too ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110 : Hacking operations by anyone, can and will be used by US propagandists to provoke Russia or whoever stands in the way of the US war machine ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110 : A division of the Central Intelligence Agency stockpiled hacking techniques culled from other hackers, giving the agency the ability to leave behind the "fingerprints" of the outside hackers when it broke into electronic devices ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181109* Khashoggi Was No Critic of Saudi Regime ( Nov 09, 2018 , neznaika-nalune.livejournal.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181108 : Ed Snowden Infamous Israeli Spyware 'Pegasus' Helped Kill Khashoggi ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181108 : And who do you suppose are the forces which are funding US politicians and thus getting to call their shots in foreign policy? ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181106 : Edward Snowden Says a Report Critical To an NSA Lawsuit Is Authentic ( Nov 06, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20181106 : The sad reality is that the delusion Americans suffer from (result of their universal cradle-to-grave brainwashing that I mentioned earlier) is too deeply rooted as a core component of their identities. ( Nov 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181105 : Bolsonaro a monster engineered by our media by Jonathan Cook ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105 : A superb new book on the duty of resistance ( Nov 05, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20181105 : "They Will Not Forgive Us" by James Carroll ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105 : James Carroll Entering the Second Nuclear Age by Tom Engelhardt ( Nov 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105* Bertram Gross (1912-1997) in "Friendly Fascism: The New Face of American Power" warned us that fascism always has two looks. One is paternal, benevolent, entertaining and kind. The other is embodied in the executioner's sadistic leer ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.truthdig.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181105 : Stay In That Good Fight Retired Green Beret Urges Americans To Stand Up To The Globalists ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181104 : Erasing Economics and Economic Policy from Politics The Race and Xenophobia Sideshow naked capitalism ( Nov 04, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181103 : The Two Faces of Fascisization Inequality and the Fight Against Anti-Semitism - Q A with Paul Jay (3-5) ( Nov 03, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181102 : By Way Of Deception - False Flag Terror Acts Press Europe To Sanction Iran ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181102 : Even Hans Christian Andersen couldn't invent Fairy Tales like that. ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181102 : CIA Vault7 Leaker To Be Charged For Leaking More Classified Data While in Prison ( Nov 02, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20181101 : If the Khashoggi Affair was planned as a warning to Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman, then the US knew exactly what was going to happen in the consulate. It was coupled with an immediate and orchestrated MSM reaction that was curiously detailed, and delivered at high volume. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : When "bomb-like devices" were "intercepted" throughout last week the first rection was who planed them? Their targets were a roll call of CIAL connected neolineral "resistance" heroes like Soros, Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : I suspect Cesar Sayoc is a straight up patsy. What strikes me is that the US empire and its faithful servants are resorting to old-fashioned and imported (out of the Goebbels manual, or if you like the Comintern manual) techniques to try and maintain their hold on public opinion. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181031 : The United States has never fought a war of self-defense, not once, unless you count the Civil War, which was an all-American effort with no foreign enemy. ( Oct 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181030 : Why American Leaders Persist in Waging Losing Wars by William J. Astore ( Oct 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181028 : A low-altitude persistent-loitering traffic-monitoring drone. ( Oct 28, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181028 : It's interesting that Jamal Khashoggi, who wrote that Jews will have to die by force, is a media darling. ( Oct 28, 2018 , heavy.com )
- 20181028 : Skripal and Khashoggi West Manufactures Absurd Fantasy to Pin on Russia, Lets Saudi Get Away With Chopping up WaPo Journalist by Finian Cunningham ( Oct 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181028 : Twitter Bans Conservative Neocon Critic Paul Craig Roberts in Dramatic Escalation of Censorship ( Oct 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181028 : WikiLeaks' Legacy of Exposing US-UK Complicity by Mark Curtis ( Oct 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20181028 : Khashoggi, Erdogan and the Truth by Craig Murray ( Oct 28, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20181027 : Jeff Deist, president of the Mises Institute: in a libertarian society, there is no commons or public space. There are property lines, not borders. When it comes to real property and physical movement across such real property, there are owners, guests, licensees, business invitees and trespassers not legal and illegal immigrants ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Trump Came This Close to Getting Afghanistan Right by Daniel L. Davis ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181027 : Big Business Strikes Back The Class Struggle from Above by James Petras ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Rapid drop of the recruitment rates may accelerate hyper-automation and privatization of the US army ( Oct 27, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20181027 : Calling Brazil's Presidential Frontrunner 'Neofascist' is Accurate ( Oct 27, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181027 : wayfarer ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Everytime I think of the Khashogi hit... ( Oct 27, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20181027 : The Horrified Hypocrites ( Oct 26, 2018 , graysinfo.blogspot.com )
- 20181027 : Facebook Censorship of Alternative Media 'Just the Beginning,' Warns Top Neocon Insider ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181027 : Scary Halloween Bombs to Scare Voters: Is this CIA democrats way to campaign for election? ( Oct 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181026 : UOC-MP (Filaret included) sided with Ukrainian state in the Civil war ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : Neo-fascism in America by Jim Macgregor ( Oct 21, 2018 , thirdworldtraveler.com )
- 20181026 : Vault 7 "Dark Matter" contains documentation for several CIA projects that infect Apple Mac Computer firmware (meaning the infection persists even if the operating system is re-installed) developed by the CIA's Embedded Development Branch (EDB) ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181026 : Germany bans arms sales to SA ( Oct 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181026 : Khashoggi, Erdogan and the Truth by Craig Murray ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : The Saudi s have been using precision guided munitions in a most imprecise manner to murder thousands of men, women and children in Yemen too a very muted western outcry ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20181025 : Alastair Crooke on the JK murder ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181025 : The Future Of Privacy In The New World Order ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181025 : Surveillance Capitalism Crosses The Line Privacy Expert Abandons Google-Backed Smart-City Project by Joseph Jankowsk ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181025 : Only one of two can be smart ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181024 : It does seem that the murder allowed the war and killing in Yemen to move to the foreground ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181024 : Neoliberal MSM flenzy over the this murder (and silence about systematic murders of Yemen children by KSA) reflects the split of the USA elite and desire of the "old guard" to cut Trump; that why called for "regime change is KSA are so laud ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181024 : Khashoggi - purely MBS stupidity or a trap ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : MbS explains all to Khashoggi Jr. We came, we sawed, he died ( Oct 23, 2018 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : Khashoggi Drama - A Deal Is No Longer Possible - Erdogan Demands That MbS Goes ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023* Leaving aside what President Obama knew about Russiagate allegations against Donald Trump and when he knew it, the question arises as to whether these operations were ordered by President Putin and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) or were rogue operations unknown in advance by the leaders and perhaps even directed against them ( Oct 17, 2018 , www.thenation.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181023 : Khashoggi murder can be used to discredit the Trump presidency, expose the amorality of his foreign policy and sever his ties to patriotic elements of his Middle American constituency ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181023 : 1988 - Donald Trump on buying a yacht that he did not want ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20181023 : More details emerge on Khashoggi's alleged fianc e ( Oct 23, 2018 , english.alarabiya.net )
- 20181023 : Insights Into The Khashoggi Ordeal; Who And Why by Ghassan Kadi ( Oct 23, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181023 : Even anonymous cellphone connections can be geo-located with a maximum error of a few meters ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : The overplayed drama of Mr. Khashoggi assassination is going to be used by the American Oil Cartel to control the Saudis Oil output ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022* Cherchez la femme ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181022 : Facebook's New Troll-Crushing War Room Confirms Surveillance By Corporation Is The New America ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181022 : In reality it is this 'vague bigger global entity' that embodies the essence of fascism - i.e. corporatist-dictatorship ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181022 : The Empire splits the Orthodox world possible consequences by The Saker ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022 : Is China Waiting Us Out The American Conservative ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181021 : From Soft Tyranny To Totalitarian Rule America s Unrelenting Data Collection ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181021 : Let's play Global Thermonuclear War ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181021 : The Khashoggi Murder -- Worse Than a Crime, a Mistake by Eric Margolis ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181021 : FBI Admits It Used Multiple Spies To Infiltrate Trump Campaign ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181020 : Russia has a lot of fundamentals going for it, but it is also possible that the mistakes of the past and the pathological hatreds Russia has engendered among the Western and other imperial crazies will strike again. It is big and tempting. ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : According to Global Wealth Report by the personal wealth of the population Ukraine is in the 123rd place (out of 140 countries ranked). ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : 'US Congress has no Russian policy other than sanctions' Stephen Cohen -- RT Op-ed ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181020* Cloak and Dagger by Israel Shamir ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181020 : Neocon propaganda on Russia remind me of a Russian joke ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : Looks like we are living in Matrix environment ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181019 : UK press riddled with spooks, conduits for intelligence agencies keen to score one for the Empire by John Wight ( Oct 18, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181019 : Thank you, Saudi Arabia for exposing the utter hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of British and American gangsta press and equally gangsta establishment ( Oct 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181019 : Profanity-Laced Shouting Match Erupts Between Kelly, Bolton Outside Oval Office ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181019 : The demise of Davos in the Desert - TTG ( Oct 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181019 : Murder in the Embassy d'Orient Express possibly derails the plans to attack Iran ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181016 : Dan King and E.A. Greene ( Oct 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181016 : How Fascism Works by Jason Stanley ( Oct 16, 2018 , www.amazon.com )
- 20181013 : Any sce nario is possible coming from the Saudis or the Anglo media. The Skripal has been a successful one ( Oct 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : 'Land of censorship home of the fake' Alternative voices on Facebook and Twitter's crackdown ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181012 : Why the U.S. Military is Woefully Unprepared for a Major Conventional Conflict ( Oct 12, 2018 , southfront.org )
- 20181012 : For years disinformation specialists have peddled a giant lie about the crash of Pan Am 103 at Lockerbie ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : Like the values and rules that led the NSA to eavesdrop on Chancellor Merkel's phone calls for years, and to use American Embassies as listening posts. Mutti Merkel was very understanding, considering they were only doing it to keep us all safe. ( Oct 12, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181010* A Decalogue of American Empire-Building A Dialogue by James Petras ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181010 : The Lies of our (Financial) Times by James Petras ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : During the attack on Serbia, US flew more than 90% of NATO missions and it managed to destroy three missile batteries and one radar station (using HARM) ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The level of skills in Syria air defence in th past was low ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : S-300s and other military hardware for Syria, by The Saker - The Unz Review ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How the malicious smear game works ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Who Doesn't Love Identity Politics by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Make him deny it ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The idea of 'stealth' aircraft is in fact mostly a gimmick designed to enrich the military contractors ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Alt-right platform ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008 : American Caesar Tucker Carlson's Conservative Revolution by Jake Bowyer ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008 : Dividing the working classes up into sub-groups according to race, ethnicity, and so on, and then pitting these sub-groups against each other, is extremely important to the ruling classes, who are, let's remember, a tiny minority of intelligent but physically vulnerable parasites controlling the lives of the vast majority of human beings on the planet Earth, primarily by keeping them ignorant and confused by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008* British intelligence now officially a by-word for organized crime by John Wight ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181008 : The idea of 'stealth' aircraft is in fact mostly a gimmick designed to enrich the military contractors ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181007 : There Was No Debate When We Needed One by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181007 : Everything Is A Hoax by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : William Binney – The Government is Profiling You (The NSA is Spying on You) ( Jun 07, 2013 , youtu.be )
- 20181005 : 500 Years of History Shows that Mass Spying Is Always Aimed at Crushing Dissent *It's Never to Protect Us From Bad Guys* ( Jan 10, 2014 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20181005 : White working class who voted for Trump have been duped so many times. First, when Trump promised us "America First!" Voters, apparently content to trust mere words, have ignored Trump's apparent definition of "America First!" as "America has the right to antagonize Iran and Russia, and launch pointless attacks upon Syria ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : I thought the Judge was too angry, whining, and evasive, when he could have been much more precise and pointed in his responses. ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : Christine Blah-Blah Ford Her Hippocampus by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : Bret Kavanaugh is a Liar, a Perjurer and Belongs in Jail Instead of on the Supreme Court by David William Pear ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : What if this whole thing was just carefully managed theater designed to entertain the rubes? The Deep State allowed this spectacle, probably to embarrass Trump ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : As manufactured political theatrics and deliberate distractions keep Americans easily mesmerized, more than 115 people in the United States die each day, after overdosing on opioids. ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : In the Heart of a Dying Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : False accusations of rape are not uncommon. A few gain national attention. Most do not. ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : Kavanaugh Gang-Rapes Collie in Satanic Ritual by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : He didn't tell me beer had alcohol in it and I didn't know boys were interested in sex, I thought it was just us girls by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : WikiLeaks Calls QAnon A Likely 'Pied Piper' Operation ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Christine Balsey Ford and her father are all CIA, check it out, he father Ralph G. Balsey Jr. and her brother are all CIA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : War time propaganda serves for the USA elite as a tool to contain/constrain discontent of allies and citizenry as they attempt to damage or destroy the Russian and Chinese economies. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181002 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Johann Ricke ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Something about judge Kavanaugh personality and political views. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The way I see it, a woman over 50 years old goes on the stand, tries to put on the helpless cute little girl act complete with a six-year old's lisp, and pretends to have traumatic memories of something she claims happened over 35 years ago. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The hysterical harpies were certainly pleased with themselves when they got the result they wanted. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Like professional wrestlers, Republicans pretend to fight-but a Flake or someone like him, always appears in the nick of time, to save the day for the left. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump has tried to turn his presidency into a personality cult rather than MAGA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump is light fare compared to where the Neoliberal Democrats will go and has been, regarding women, sex, and all things crass ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181001 : US Navy Aircraft Carrier Deployments Fall as Financial Concerns Loom - Sputnik International ( Oct 01, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180929 : Why don't you try undergoing the torture he's been going through for the past 2 weeks? . His children youngest 10 had to be escorted out of the first hearing by security because the liberals were attacking them. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Most Christians are not aware that in the latter part of the 16th century, early Lutheran Reformers close colleagues and followers of Martin Luther set in motion an eight year contact and correspondence with the (then) Ecumenical Patriarch, Jeremias II of Constantinople. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Always remember the equally lurid "recovered memories" of UFO abduction survivors ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" exemplifies very well how the hysteria of girls can be so dangerous that innocent men can be made to suffer terrible if not fatal consequences. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : False memory syndrome and witch hunts based on it ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : True, this "living wage" issue has become now America's chronic illness. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Johann Ricke ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Hopefully the FBI will investigate this collusion between Soros and the Democrats and Ms. Katz to influence the results of the judicial nomination process. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Graham was chosen to publicly throw a fit ecaquse he's inside-the-Beltway safe. He can huff and puff and talk tough on this hearing, precisely because the Establishment knows he'll never really go against them on issues like immigration or foreign policy. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Anti-White-Male Kavanaugh Hatefest May Close Midterm Enthusiasm Gap -- And Get GOP Senators On The Trump Train! by John Derbyshir ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Civil War II Coming by Kevin Barrett ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : I am concerned about dysfunction and incivility in American culture and politics ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The entire process is cynical. 45 Dems were going to vote against him regardless, This is all about peeling off a handful of votes. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Ford already has a couple of GoFundMe accounts that have already racked up $ 700,000. Of course, the 6-7 figure book deal will follow. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : And no I don't believe that preposterous [to think that] Blasey [is CIA] operative. She and her whole family work for the CIA. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : How the USA will look in 50 years from now? ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Why witch hunts occurred in New England not in the South of mid-Atlantic colonies ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Kavanagh apparently never saw a Stasi-style privacy invasion he didn't like ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Maybe somebody will explain to me why Senator Flake needed Kavanaugh's scalp. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180928 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Sep 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : Russia and the Taming of the Israelis by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927* Hiding in Plain Sight Why We Cannot See the System Destroying Us ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180927 : The Bellingcat claim that Ruslan Boshirov = Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180927 : On anti-Semitism ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : It should be noted that Herbert Marcuse was employed by the the U.S.'s OWI (Office of War Information) and then Bill Donovan's OSS (precursor to the CIA) during WWII. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : Misunderstanding Trump s Foreign Policy by Daniel Larison ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180926 : The Huge Stakes of Thursday's Confrontations by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : USA/Israel/NATO would love for Russia to lash out against Israel for a provocation such as this Ilyushin 20 downing; but as the author suggests Russia knows it could not withstand the combined forces of NATO/Israel/USA in the Syrian theatre. Russia would not stand a chance. ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Path to World War III by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : It is past time for Donald Trump to fulfill his campaign promise to pull the plug on American engagement in Syria and terminate the seemingly endless cycle of wars in the Middle East: MAGA quickly mutated into MIGA ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Black leadership role has now been essentially reduced to making the odd noise after the shooting of an unarmed Black by a White cop ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Instantaneous mutation of MAGA into MIGA after Trump election ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Modern IDENTITY LEFTISM WILL EAT ITSELF by Black Pigeon Speaks ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One can like or dislike Judge Kavanagh, one can agree or disagree with his views, one may wish him in or out of the Supreme Court, but stopping him for allegedly trying to lay a girl while in high school is completely insane ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Darwin's Vigilantes, Reichard Sternberg, and Conventional Pseudoscience by Fred Reed ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : What is often forgotten is that whenever the term "intellectual" is used it must be the measure of correctness (supported by empirical evidence, both prior and after) not just the measure of the knowledge (historic, economic, military, scientific etc.) base one operates in order to sound "intellectual" and "sophisticated". This principle is long ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One minute warning was a part of Israeli plan ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Let's put it this way, once Russians and Americans begin to kill each-other, Israel goes immediately down. In fact, it will cease to exist as a state. But who wants to pay such a price? Bibi knows that. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Putin, Israel and the downed Il-20 by The Saker ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : The Syrian ceasefire proves how far Putin has come out on top by Patrick Cockburn ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : A New Martin Luther by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : More on Something Rotten About the DOJ Indictment of the GRU ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Skripals is a demonstration of established British elite method of of slandering the non-obedient Russians ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Toilet Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I'd love to be the commissar in charge of ending affirmative action and punishing those who created and enforce it ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : We in the West, who would again be the cannon fodder for such insanity, once more owe a debt of gratitude to Putin's statesmanship and levelheadedness ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Despite noise in Russian blogosphere about "weak reaction" Russia need to thread very carefully this minefield: NATO is much stronger in this region ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I don't know what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 on 17 July 2014 except the suspicion the Malaysia was also a target(may be due to the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal) and choice of Dutch was instrumental in the cover-up. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : Google admits it lets hundreds of third party apps read your emails by Valentin Wolf / ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180922 : Has Russia given up on the West? In a word -- Yes, Yes and Yes. ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : A confidential report by Belgian investigators confirms that British intelligence services hacked state-owned Belgian telecom giant Belgacom on behalf of Washington ( Sep 22, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180921* One party state: Trump's 'Opposition' Supports All His Evil Agendas While Attacking Fake Nonsence by Caitlin Johnstone ( Sep 21, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180921 : Obama played both sides against the middle telling folks to vote for him and 'hope and change' bullshit and to shake his fist at Wall Street -- all the while enabling them to make more money than they thought existed. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : That agency is and always has been in the business of subverting or toppling other governments. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : MAGA is dead, people; say hello to MIGA. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : Fact free propaganda ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : Michael Hart's THE RISE AND FALL OF THE UNITED STATES by James Kirkpatrick ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : As to the Palestinians, if they indeed face hunger deaths, I'm sure it will backfire, on the USA, and on Israel ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180920 : Every time one of these incidents happens, a flood of "chicken-hawks" come out of the woodwork demanding that Russia should "release the S700s" and "shoot everything down," etc. ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : I think a basic question here is whether the Israelis were deliberately trying to down the II-20. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Occupying foreign nations and killing foreign people in order to pay for college and to pay the mortgage and set up an retirement plan is weakness, not strength. "Thank you for your service", indeed. Too many Americans still worship at the altar of the Pentagon. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : As for Nutty Nikki Haley, Israeli PM Netenyahu wanted Haley in that spot ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : The Lehman 10th Anniversary spin as a Teachable Moment by Michael Hudson ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : In 2008, Obama was touted as a political outsider who will hose away all of the rot and bloody criminality of the Bush years. He turned out to be a deft move by our ruling class. Though fools still refuse to see it, Obama is a perfect servant of our military banking complex. Now, Trump is being trumpeted as another political outsider. ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Neoliberal EU faces the same crisis as the USA -- rejection of globalization by the majority of population ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Anne Frank Test by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Russia supported north in the USA Civil war ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Israeli pilots used the Russian plane as cover and set it up to be targeted by the Syrian air defense forces. ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : US goal was to take Ukraine into the future that it deserves. Now with grivna devaluation of over 300% we see what they meant ( May 31, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20180916 : Are We Becoming What We Once Hated by Eric Margolis ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : British society is under the imminent threat of Putin-Nazi Novichok perfume assassin hit squads ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : The Enigma of Orwellian Donald Trump -- How Does He Get Away with It So Easily by Prof Rodrigue Tremblay ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180916* Perils of Ineptitude by Andrew Levin ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180916 : To be banned by Amazon is not equivalent to being banned by any other private business. Most publishers will admit that Amazon has replaced Bowker Books in Print as the industry's authoritative guide to what books in English have been printed in the past and what is in print now ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : This story about Hoffman's getting censored and removed from Amazon's Kindle books is a fine example of why libertarianism is idealistic nonsense. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : A typical White helmet rescues always had a small diesel fire and usually some white smoke, a bunch of rescuers who ran into the building while the commenter gave a speech, and then rescuers ran the rescued infants past the camera while the narrator gave a 'moral' speech. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180916 : It was the "higher power" in the form of the Revolutionary Republican Napoleon Bonaparte who finally abolished the Inquisition with the French invasion of Spain, which suggests by parallel that when the US state collapses it will take its neocons with it. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : On the censorship of Michael Hoffman's books by Amazon by The Saker ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : Exaggerated claims about Jews power (Jewocracy) do more harm then good and give a perfect weapon for Zionists to censor critique of Israel ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : In view of neoliberal MSM witch hunt, the book Journalists for Hire by Udo Ufkotte is now even more important that at the time of its publication ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180915* BBC is skanky state propaganda ( Aug 30, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk ) [Recommended]
- 20180915 : More Facebook Censorship by snoopydawg ( Aug 14, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180915 : The censorship escalated lately but it is of course following a long trend -- Facebook was shutting down pro-Palestine pages, and of course there was the PropOrNot fiasco and the tweaking of Google s algorithms to suppress alternative websites ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180915 : JFK Assassination Link Found To Recent Financial Swindle by Michael Collins Piper ( Jul 07, 2008 , www.americanfreepress.net )
- 20180915 : "Drain the Swamp" and "MAGA" were skillfully crafted psyops, most likely from the inner sanctum of the most pernicious lobbying outfit on Capitol Hill, AIPAC. ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : The Khmer Rouge victory in Cambodia was precipitated by the U.S. bombings ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : Bob Woodward's book completely discredit the "Russiagate" story ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914* European media writing pro-US stories under CIA pressure - German journo ( Oct 18, 2014 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180914* English Translation of Udo Ulfkotte s Bought Journalists Suppressed ( Sep 14, 2018 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180914 : Russian translation of the book ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.litmir.me )
- 20180914* The book Journalists for Hire How the CIA Buys the News Dr. Udo Ulfkotte was "privished" ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180914 : Woodward is a career CIA agent as documented in many articles, such as this ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Obama's Imperial Presidency by Carl Boggs ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180914 : Paths of Glory ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : This Memorial Day, remember the 116,516 Americans President Wilson killed in that senseless war. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The current endless "War on Terra" can be seen as an increasingly desperate attempt of a fading American Empire to hold on to and maintain its power and hegemony, again with the material, human, and moral cost of this war actually accelerating its demise. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The US are not interested in winning and leaving they want to continue disrupting the peaceful integration of East, West, and South Asia. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Infinite War: The Gravy Train Rolls by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jun 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The CIA Owns the US and European Media ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.theblogmire.com )
- 20180913 : After Trump: The Donald in the Rearview Mirror by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : "Staged Filming of False Flag 'Chemical Attacks' Has Begun in Idlib ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Panic And Dismay Leaked Video Reveals Distraught Google Execs Grappling With Hillary Clinton's Loss ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180912 : Henry A. Wallace on amrican fascism ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180912 : Since we've rarely been in such situations as Trump created in Syria, we don't really know what the margin of error is, nor what could lead to the use of nuclear weapons. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Did Sanders' people challenge 'the Russians did it' propaganda line, demand the DNC servers be examined by forensic specialists and investigate Crowdstrike? No. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Colin Wright ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Op-ed is particularly telling describing how the White House staff has succeeded in "[calling out] countries like Russia for meddling and [having them] punished accordingly" in spite of the president's desire for d tente was definitely written by neocon faction of NYT (and.or WH) ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Neocons typically are chickenhawks and draft dodgers ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Twenty American military veterans commit suicide on average every day, according to a recent report from the US Department of Veteran Affairs ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : There is a tendency to think Trump is unique. He is not Several other Presidents resorted to open militarism before as a wya to avoid domestic problems ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : Unravelling ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : Explosive Skripal allegations may blow up in Syria by George Galloway ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : How Trump can get rid of the author of NYT op-ed ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Haley: if there are chemical weapons that are used, we know exactly who's going to use them. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Those who planned and caused to happen 9/11 clearly were not American patriots. The attack was physically and psychically and politically against the people of the United States, including the American military. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : The founders of the state of Israel took the land which it now claims from its real owners by unlimited violence, simply killing everyone who resisted ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180911 : Greg Bacon ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180911 : Why I Don't Speak of the Fake News of "9-11" Anymore by Edward Curtin ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Francesco Cossiga, formerly President of Italy, flat-out said that the major governments in Europe all privately recognise that 9-11 was run by the USA Israel ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : What was the role of Izrailies in 911? ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : American Pravda 9-11 Conspiracy Theories by Ron Unz ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Here's The Criticism Jeff Bezos and Amazon Actually Deserve ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180910 : The CIA Owns the US and European Media by Paul Craig ROBERTS ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180909 : Revisiting Privatization s Claims ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180909 : The Yinon Plan, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority stipulates reconfiguration of its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The "controversial" Al Jazeera Documentary on THE LOBBY in the USA: What it is about, and why it cannot and may never be shown to the world. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Neocons attempt to replay Iraq "success" in Iran ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Sharon's famous statement 'we control America' is not the only one ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Israel's Fifth Column: Exercising control from inside the government by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : In Britain Israel uses the same tactics as in in the USA ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Financial interests dominate politics at least since 1902 ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : It should be noted that the NYT oped cruise missile happened to be exactly timed with the big splash of the Bob Woodward 'book' that trumpets the same meme ie the Trump administration is dysfunctional and in a state of mutiny ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : No trick is too low for those who consider Trump an intolerable intruder on THEIR power territory ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Regime Change -- American Style by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The McCain Death Extravaganza ( Sep 09, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180909 : It seems that the Wiesenthals and the Klarsfelds simply melted away and evaporated as soon as the Jewish State began sending the Israel-made weaponry to the neo-Nazi in Ukraine. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Talking of neoliberal globalists 5th column, lest forget the solid one in the UK and Skripal's affair is thier work ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Intelligence community as Jesuits of MIC ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180908 : Trump was warned repeatedly about the neocons et al, but has chosen to staff up with the same swamp creatures he ostensibly meant to expurgate. ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180907 : Neoliberal Totalitarianism And The Social Contract Countercurrents ( Sep 07, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20180906 : The US Military is Winning. No, Really, It Is! by Nick Turse ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : The White House, the Senate, and much of the American media are in our hands, the lives of others do not count as much as our own ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : The USA intelligence agencies push for elimination of Microsoft software in Russia and China ( Sep 04, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180904 : I think that the US strategy is very sound and its aims are obvious. Since they can't win any "hot" war of any significance, they decided to lure Russia into Cold war 2. And we all know who "won" Cold war 1. ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Israel's Fifth Column by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Why the whole banking system is a scam ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Tenth Anniversary of Financial Collapse, Preparing for the Next Crash by Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : New Book Gives Credence to US Ambassador's Claim That Israel Tried to Assassinate Him in 1980 ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : The US Department of Homeland Security fabricated "intelligence reports" of Russian election hacking ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180903 : How identity politics poison politivcal dioscourse and divide people by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903* www.informationclearinghouse.info/50168.htm In Memoriam by Paul Edwards ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20180903 : Inspired by the Atlantic Council and Ben Nimmo, Facebook deletes Craig Murray's posts since July 2017 - apparently cause he's a 'Russian bot' ( Sep 03, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180903 : Poison for the Goyim- More Hysteria and Hyperbole about Labour Anti-Semitism by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : The countries that are truly dependent on Russia are in ex-communist Eastern Europe. They still rely on a network of pipelines built by USSR, and would go into energy crisis if Russia suddenly ended supply. ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Foreign currency private debt is worse in Russia than in the rest of East-Central Europe other than Hungary ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Is the next US aggression on Syria already scheduled- by The Saker ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Is Trumpism a step toward neofascism ? ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : The primary link between neoliberalism and fascism is their insistence that the weak go to the wall. Communism denies this so did all societies before the British empire of the C19th. ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Arendt equivalence of communism and Nazism was intellectually dishonest ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Fascism (and Nazism) is a logical result of evolution of Liberalism. We need to discard the most persuading Cold War myth: the myth of totalitarianism ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Slide to national security state due to crisis of neoliberalism was unavoidable ( Sep 02, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20180902 : In the Shadow of the CIA: Liberalism's Big Embarrassing Moment by PAUL BUHLE ( Aug 26, 2016 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180902 : How the CIA plotted against us ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.newstatesman.com )
- 20180902 : The CIA and the Cultural Cold War Revisited by James Petras ( Nov 01, 1999 )
- 20180901 : WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO INDICT AIPAC? ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Trump wants his FBI and DOJ to "do the right thing" or he "may have to get involved." He better act soon or be scalped by Mueller. ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Johnnie Walker Read ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We are in for another two years of alternating Russia and Nazi hysteria in neoliberal MSM by C.J. Hopkins ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We live in times in which the media elites and academia are fully insane. That means that the 'normal' levels of insanity and venality for career politicians will be ramped up ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180831 : The globalists would find use for a Trump presidency, more so in fact than a Clinton presidency ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180831 : The real McCain eulogy: from blackagendareport.com ( Aug 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180831 : Which Fascist Said This ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180831 : Sources Go Quiet in Moscow ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180831 : Erasing the Truth and Fabricating Fake Narratives ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180830 : Why the U.S. Never Learns from Foreign Policy Failures ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180830 : >Once the spy agencies become the controlling element a government degenerates into a regime or imperium depending upon its level of power. ( Aug 30, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180830 : Skripals, BBC and Ukranians by craig ( Aug 27, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180829 : How the Department of Homeland Security Created a Deceptive Tale of Russia Hacking US Voter Sites ( Aug 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180829 : The Other Side Of John McCain by Max Blumenthal ( Aug 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180829 : Social Media Giants Enter NATO Service ( Aug 29, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180828 : Just move on. The Guardian is not a relevant news outlet. ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Goodbye to All That by Judith Coburn ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Mueller is part of the plot against Trump as is Rosenstein. Both are guilty of sedition as active participants in a coup to overthrow the POTUS ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828* A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes ( Mar 23, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180828 : CRITICIZE ISRAEL AND GO TO JAIL? IS THAT HOW LOW ZIONISTS HAVE SUNK? ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : The Crucifixion of Jeremy Corbyn by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : On a difference between ruthless ambition with psychopathy. They have similar features, but are not the same ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Superficial differences between Dems and Republicans begs the question -- who is (and has been since the 1940s) setting US policy? If we, the voters, cannot alter or change our national policies, then democratic oversight of the Republic is nothing but a sham ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Sic Semper Tyrannis - John McCain is Dead by Willy B ( Aug 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180827 : Jimmy Dore rightly states they are CIA funded campaigns of Dems candidates ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Rich, middle class and poor relationship ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : WSWS.org offers a valuable alternative perspective on current events ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Corbyn is being destroyed -- like blowing up a bridge to stop an advancing army by Jonathan Cook ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Disclaimer ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Chemically induced fanaticism. We have no idea which of our 'opinion leaders' have undergone such antidepressant induced change ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The Deep state is not, repeat not , the American people ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Ukraine and NATO ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Hillary was Sec of State at the time the US election-meddling-and-color-revolution brigade tried to rig the Russian elections against Putin. ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The key features of an authoritarian government ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Russian Threat ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Empire Spymongering and Elite Conspiracy Practioners by James Petras ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : A contribution to the occasional commentary on the capture of social networks by the MIC ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180827 : There are huge holes in Browder story, made clear in his deposition in the Prevezon case ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The CIA is the armed wing of Washington's permanently governing technocratic party, in the same way the KGB was the armed wing of the Soviet Communist Party. For both the contol of MSM is the part of the agenda ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Jonathan Winer, Steele dossier and the Magnitsky Act ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Trump and Corbyn by Israel Shamir ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180825 : >The BBC Is a CIA Asset ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.paulcraigroberts.org )
- 20180824 : Trump's election appears to have caused the security state to move into overdrive and in its haste drop almost all pretense re the attempts to control access to dissenting narratives ( Aug 24, 2018 , disqus.com )
- 20180824 : From reading The Devil s Chessboard it is quite clear that Allen Dulles still ran things after he was fired by JFK, and was most likely the coordinator of the assassination ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180824 : Do Democrats Want an Impeachment Fight by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180824 : Some info about the American senator who famously could not remember how many houses he and his wife owned. ( Aug 24, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180824 : Brennan was caught spying on the Senate Intelligence Commitee, subsequently lied about it and allegedly directed personnel under his command to lie about to the Senate and the IG ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180824 : The exhibit A as for the CIA capture of both congress and MSM ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180823 : "Don't get fat": but be careful to understand what's too fat, what too thin. If correlation is worth anything never certain then if you want a long life be "overweight". Don't, please don't, flirt with being "underweight". ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180823 : What the Brennan Affair Really Reveals by Stephen Cohen ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180823 : The War Piece to End All War Pieces Or How to Fight a War of Ultimate Repetitiousness by Tom Engelhardt ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : Thorfinnsson s Take on Tesla by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : In Spies Battle, Trump Holds the High Ground by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822* The CIA Owns the US and European Media by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180822 : Trump Caves To Enemy Of The People -- Time To Show Loyalty To Those Loyal To Him, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822* Facebook Kills "Inauthentic" Foreign News Accounts - US Propaganda Stays Alive ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180821 : Will the Real John Brennan Please Stand Up by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : What's going on in the US is unprecedented. The entire political or so-called liberal establishment is fighting with every means at their disposal against a democratically elected President. ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : Economics ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : Neoliberals have monopolized the information distribution system internet and television and used it to silence critics, prevent competing platforms from arising, bully society into accepting their standards of conduct and thought, blacklist conservatives in Hollywood, promote physical violence against dissenters ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : The Russian government-sponsored news outlets, RT and Sputnik News, registered as foreign agents in the US at the orders of the Department of Justicw but CIA controlled outlets in Russia still were not converted to the same status ( Aug 19, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180818* Corporate Media the Enemy of the People by Paul Street ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180818 : In A Corporatist System Of Government, Corporate Censorship Is State Censorship -- Consortiumnews ( Aug 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180818 : Pence brought in swamp creatures like Rosenstein, John Bolton, Nikki Haley. ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : I've noticed the "Power Elite" have decided to rewrite American history in regards to the American Civil War ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : The CIA manufactures fake news (often out of whole cloth) to suit a preconceived agenda (such as the evisceration of human rights or the pursuit of full spectrum dominance) ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180818 : Is Russia an Adversary by Gary Leupp ( Aug 13, 2018 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20180817 : Lavrov Brilliantly Dissects Western Lies And Manipulations On The False Flag And Skripals ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180817 : Review Revolutionary Optimism, Western Nihilism by Andre Vltchek, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180817 : It is quite interesting how many uninformed posters and/or trolls would love to find a way to show the Russiagate nonsense is somehow plausible in spite of the evidence ( Aug 17, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : What is definitely conclusive is the Gucci 2 entity forged the inclusion of Russian fingerprints in the leaked version of the documents by pasting it into a Russian language Word template. ( Aug 17, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : The Big Lie works, and since Obama gutted Smith-Mundt, the CIA/ State Department can legally keep Americans tracking on their propaganda narratives ( Aug 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : New York Times exploits Parkland tragedy to escalate anti-Russian campaign - World Socialist Web Site ( Feb 21, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180817 : What if Russiagate is the New WMDs ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180815 : "Under the mantle of the "war on terrorism," successive US governments, Democratic and Republican alike, have not only conducted wars whose victims number in the millions, but also carried out an unrelenting attack on democratic rights, from domestic spying to censoring the Internet. ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Imperial brainwashing works very well: Many US citizens were willing to kill 2 million Iranian civilians to save 20,000 U.S. soldiers ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : A concise summary of the nuclear attack on Japan ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : War Without End by C.J. Chivers ( Aug 15, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180815 : Facebook Taps Militarist Think Tank Atlantic Council to Police its content ( Aug 15, 2018 , gravatar.com )
- 20180814 : Bloody Sunday 1972 The British Beginning of Gladio ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180814 : Book: RAND DECEPTION: The TRUTH ABOUT BILL BROWDER, the MAGNITSKY ACT, and ANTI-RUSSIAN SANCTIONS ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Is not it ironic that the neocon and MI6 corrected Browder is a grandson of two KGB agents? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Maybe The US congress truly believe they can decapitate Russia with very little risk or damage to NATO countries, but from publicly available data it doesn't look like that. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Trump has repeatedly stressed that Russia and the US are the two biggest nuclear powers in the world, with their combined nuclear arsenal accounting for 90 percent of world's total, and thus the US must live in peace with Russia. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : If a nuclear war starts, it is only logical for the initial combatants to target ALL powers at once, as this may be their last chance to reduce their neighbors' ability to loot and conquer after the war. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Russia of today is in a comparatively much weaker position overall than the USSR due to powerful fifth column ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Why Confronting Israel is Important by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials 'Dissent' Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Creating problems in Ukriane is one of the few ways Russia could impose tangible costs on USA ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Our Despicable, Indefensible Policy in Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180814 : It was Neocons who pushed the USA to invade Iraa, but, as Greenspan said, the goals of USA were about oil not so much about Israeli interests in the region ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Israel not Russia is the one foreign country that can interfere with impunity with the political processes in the United States yet it is immune from criticism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : America's Lengthening Enemies List by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Does mere accusation now stand for "truth" in this inmates-running-the-asylum charade USA is putting on? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Litvinenko affair now looks like a dressed rehearsal of Skripals ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : From the point of view of UN law the sate of Israel is an outlaw. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : An objective criticism of the Zionist enterprise now a days and its apologists resort immediately to unrestrained howls and accusations of antisemitism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Try track me after that, google. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : I am sure the tracking your movements all the time it s just a harmless oversight on the part of Google. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Paranoia as a natural condition of people living in the national security state: Faraday Cages for sale! Get yours today -- or they'll get you tomorrow! ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Iran s Supreme Leader No War Nor Negotiations Ever With This White House ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Washington won t be winning any wars against Russia and/or China. It should stick with what it s good at, that is bombing third world countries, on behalf of its Zionist masters. On second thoughts, it shouldn t be doing that either. ( Aug 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180814* US Intelligence Community is Tearing the Country Apart from the Inside by Dmitry Orlov ( Jul 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180813 : Google Is Constantly Tracking, Even If You Turn Off Device Location History ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180813 : New US Sanctions vs. Russia by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180813 : If the world was a theater, Americans see themselves as the only performers -- the role of the rest of the world is to applaud their performance. ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180811 : Robert Kaplan Writes In Defense Of Slavery ( Mar 21, 2014 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180811 : The Week In Tech Infowars and China's Great Firewall ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180811 : The USA never ratified Versailles, on the contrary, there came neutrality laws. ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : "Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, scorn all others" ~ Emperor Septimius Severus to his sons ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : America's Militarized Economy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : There is also the documented presence of American forces and officers in the operations room of the Saudi coalition ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : Hitler Trump The Great Man Theory Debunked by Gerold ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180809 : No fighter of the establishment would make such stupid mistakes as Trump has ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Imagine what is coming in the United States where the simmering hatreds are invited and exploited by not three distinct groups, but hundreds by Sic Semper ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The Constitution looked fairly good on paper, but it was not a popular document; people were suspicious of it, and suspicious of the enabling legislation that was being erected upon it ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : In past wars, civilian oil tankers did not sail through the straits ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The Elys e and Gladio B by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180808 : Zone23 is sort of a cross between 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and Brave New World, but with better, much funnier, dialogue. It also introduces the corporate-state-hybrid as a menacing enemy. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The CIA, FBI, and US army killed Dr. King with the help of their organized crime assets. JFK might be killed the same way ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : At some point the Western Powers decided the that old Communist Apparachik Milosevic would be the Bad Guy and the Croatian freedom-loving "our bastards" the good guys to be internationally recognized and thus enflamed the passion of secession. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : National Socialist propaganda was contradictory; it's content was determined by the class for which it was intended. Only in its manipulation of the mystical feelings of the masses was it clear and consistent. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.goodreads.com )
- 20180808 : Wilhelm Reich Quotes ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.goodreads.com )
- 20180808 : Bill Clinton's Rules of Engagement on the already identified Enemies of the People ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808* Ten Bombshell Revelations From Seymour Hersh's New Autobiography ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180808 : The Soviet entry into the war played a much greater role than the atomic bombs in inducing Japan to surrender because it dashed any hope that Japan could terminate the war through Moscow's mediation ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Trump as the disposable President for the Neocons? ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : American Pravda Jews and Nazis by Ron Unz ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Jerusalem could be a safer location for the US Embassy than Tel Aviv if there is a war against Iran. For religious reasons ;-) ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : OIL and only OIL should guide the policy making considerations of the American Empire in the Middle East ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Britain Tightens NATO s Noose Around Russia ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Ministries of Nineteen Eighty-Four ( Aug 07, 2018 , en.wikipedia.org )
- 20180807 : Ministry of Plenty ( Aug 07, 2018 , en.wikipedia.org )
- 20180807 : Hit piece on Tulsi Gabbard in the Intercept, attacking her anti-war politics. ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180807 : More Lies About the White Helmets by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : The Legacy of Infinite War ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Trump Politics Power, Powerlessness and the Perfect Target by David Rosen ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Truth Decay: Living in the Age of the Big Lie ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180807 : During the presidential political campaign, Trump made clear that he was against regime change and that is why many people voted for him. Now he is trying to launch a potentially disastrous war on Iran. ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Live Mark Zuckerberg testifies before Congress ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.cnn.com )
- 20180806 : Krieger Stop Complaining And Just Delete Facebook by Mike Krieger ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180806 : Sanctions and Trump s Disdain for Diplomacy by Daniel Larison ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180806 : Both Zionism and Nazism are essentially exaggerations of Nineteenth century European racial nationalism, both posit a more or less imaginary history to justify their territorial claims ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Question ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy, it's ours as well. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Trump as the "disposable President" for the Neocons? ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : What If Everything We've Been Told About Recent History Is a Lie ( Aug 05, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180805 : Marxism is a colossal ideology ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Multiculturalism is a recipe for national suicide. Culture, including religious belief, is the unifying factor that allows strangers to work with one another, by ensuring that they share the same assumptions about morality and about correct behavior in general. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : "Anti-semitism" is merely the enforcement wing of Zionism ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : American Pravda the Nature of Anti-Semitism by Ron Unz ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Nationalists winning Eastern Europe after the dissolution of the USSR is a verifiable tendency ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Ideas of stability, homeostasis, and the like, cannot win. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Mulegino1 ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Bernie Sanders did everything he was told he should do. He supported the Democratic establishment candidate, and now he believes the Russiagate story. ( Aug 05, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : Earlier this year, Representative James Moran, a Democrat, said that "if it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this." ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Human beings, in their thinking, feeling and acting are not free but as causally bound as the stars in their motions ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Are you a Russiagate traitor by gjohnsit ( Aug 04, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war! a vote in epic bipartisan collegiality ( Aug 05, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : A real collusion happened with 911. The BBC knew that tower 7 would fall before it did ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : Edward Snowden 5 years in Russia and still relevant as ever ( Aug 04, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180804 : The "next" financial crisis and public banking as the response by Michael Hudson ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : The US establishment behind the Helsinki Summit, by Manlio Dinucci ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180804 : The warmonger s response to negotiation, by Manlio Dinucci ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180803 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity The Bizarre Facebook Path to Corporate Fascism ( Aug 03, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180803 : Latin America: Reforms Which Deform ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Would War With Iran Doom Trump by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : The elites "have no credibility left by David North and Chris Hedges ( Oct 06, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Appeasement as Global Policy by James Petras ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : A Threat to Global Democracy How Facebook Surveillance Capitalism Empower Authoritarianism ( Aug 01, 2018 , www.democracynow.org )
- 20180803 : Anglo America Russophobes as Fake Miracle workers; the Post Christ Resurrections ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Theatrical micro-militarism ( Aug 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180802 : Note on the level of efficiency of imperial brainwashing ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180802 : As I heard a USA female politician say about the USA Zionist lobby 'we do not like them, w're afraid of them'. ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : No Peter Brimelow, I Am Not Reviewing Jonah [Expletive Deleted] Goldberg's New Book by Hubert Collins ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : A foolproof method for proving which journalists are controlled by the C.I.A ( Aug 02, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire by Chalmers Johnson ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : As I heard a USA female politician say about the USA Zionist lobby 'we do not like them, w're afraid of them'. ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire, by Chalmers Johnson - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire, by Tom Engelhardt - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : A foolproof method for proving which journalists are controlled by the C.I.A ( Jul 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180731 : Top German Editor CIA Bribing Journalists ( Oct 03, 2014 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180730 : Bezos purchased the long-trusted US newspaper for the power it would ensure him in Washington ( Jul 30, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180730 : It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for an American to understand the truth by Paul Haeder ( Jul 27, 2018 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20180729 : Russophobic madness of the US neoliberal elite after Trump-Putin summit in Helsinki ( Jul 21, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180729 : Russians exposed a CIA spook who's implicated not only in Secret Agent Browder's war propaganda ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : Trump is being beaten down by the propaganda arm of the deep state (the MSM) but his tenacity is paying off. Already poles are indicating that the majority of people are not taken in by the charade ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : The Helsinki summit, CIA-run media and U.S.-Russian Relations ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180728* American Society Would Collapse If It Were not For These 8 Myths by Lee Camp ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180728 : What Does Google Know About You An (Auto)Complete Guide by John Mason ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180728 : Google, Facebook, MSN, and Twitter are all highly suspect ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180728 : Alphabet's Eric Schmidt Steps Down From Executive Chairman Role ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180728 : Surveillance Valley by Yasha Levine Hachette Book Group PublicAffairs ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.publicaffairsbooks.com )
- 20180728 : Keeping Russia as an Enemy ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180728 : Paul Craig Roberts Exposes The All-Pervasive Military-Security Complex ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180727 : America's Allies Against Russia Iran, by Eric Zuesse - The Unz Review ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180725 : Making Shit Up - The US Intelligence Community As 'Collapse Driver' ( Jul 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180725 : Trump and Corporatism ( Jul 23, 2018 , mainlymacro.blogspot.com )
- 20180724 : Browder is one of those nine Russian oligarchs who stole hundreds of billions from Russia, helped by the drunken buffoon Yeltsin and a battery of Wall Street financial sharpies who also filled their pockets. ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Is Bill Browder the Most Dangerous Man in the World by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Helsinki Secrets by Israel Shamir ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : What puzzles me a bit isn't "them" or their servants (media etc.). It's people in general. They appear to be buying that manufactured reality with ease. In this era of instant communications it's.......sobering. ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : How think tanks sell war... ( Aug 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180723* Doublethink and Newspeak Do We Have a Choice by Greg Guma ( Aug 21, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723* The Prophecy of Orwell's 1984. Totalitarian Control and the Entertainment Culture that Takes Over by Edward Curtin ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723 : American Pravda The Bolshevik Revolution and Its Aftermath, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : The USA is the perfect environment for the virus of groupthink to spread. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723* Chickens with Their Heads Cut Off, Coming Home to Roost. The "Treason Narrative" by Helen Buyniski ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723 : "Summitgate" screaming comes not only from the US mainstream, but also from that European elite ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Cagey Beast ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Muslim population of Russia ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Those people who still think Trey Gowdy is some sort of great conservative warrior are about as annoying as those who still do not realize that Steve Bannon is nothing but a bloviating, Deep State douchebag. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : MK-DELTABURKE ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : 'Perpetual War' Explained In 140 Seconds ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180723 : Usage Examples of Our Intelligence Community, with Implications ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180723 : Brennan, Hayden, Panetta, Morell, might well be children of parents who supported Joseph McCarthy ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Trump Trips, But He's Right On Russia. Our Ruling Class Is Crazy. Remember The Romanovs! by John Derbyshire ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : The Schizophrenic Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180722 : Crooked Timber -- Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made ( Jul 22, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20180721 : The Intelligence Community , in particular CIA, is a central executive force in the circus, in collaboration with MI6 and the obedient assets in the NATO sphere, but they have grown so incompetent due to incessant politicizing and sycophantism that they are perhaps little more a paper tiger by now? ( Jul 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180720 : Doubting The Intelligence Of The Intelligence Community by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720* Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace With Russia by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180720 : The bill explicitly states that "the right to exercises national determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : The Russian US Election Meddling Big Lie Won't Die by Stephen Lendman ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180719 : The Magnitsky Hoax by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Iraqi protesters blame 'bad government, bad roads, bad people' by Patrick Cockburn ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Strzokgate is a documentary proof that key elements of the U.S. intelligence community were trying to short-circuit the US democratic process ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Rather than yell at the top of one's lungs "Fake News" when they read a mainstream or alternative media story, and immediately discount everything, people ought look CRITICALLY at the facts, consider any bias, read other sources on the issue, and then draw their own conclusions ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Lies About Putin and Syria by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : MIC is afread to lose money because of Trump policies by Lara Seligman ( Jul 19, 2018 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180718 : Why I Hate Google, Twitter, and Facebook ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180718 : Israel Shamir ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : National (In)Security by Rajan Menon ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180717 : Doesn't the Universe work in such a way that *good* is constitutionally unable to successfully confront *evil* ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : IMHO believing in the Crowdstrike analysis is like believing in Santa Claus ( Jul 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180717 : All the post WWII wars were done in the same way: demonizing leaders, defending democracy , false flag ops. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180716 : What is the journalism equivalent for 'regulatory capture' ( Jul 16, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180716 : It was known that Dov Zakheim had secretly arranged for $2.3 trillion dollars to be mis-appropriated through Pentagon channels when he had been the Pentagon Comptroller ( Jul 16, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180716 : The Racial Realignment of American Politics by Patrick McDermott ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : A New World Order: Brought to You by the Global-Industrial Deep State by John W. Whitehead ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180715 : Anglos don't value direct warfare, so they don't care if another military has better tech. Anglos realized a long time ago it is much less costly to just play divide and conquer to defeat a more powerful adversary by getting other countries to do the fighting. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Forensic evidence has already proven that the data on the DNC server was downloaded on a USB thump drive. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : McMaken The Military Is A Jobs Program... For Immigrants Many Others ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180713 : Brennan insinuations are related to attempts to preserve the American empire ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180713 : Trump, Putin, Marine Le Pen, the AfD, and a variety of other globalist-hating Hitler-alikes form "the Alliance of Authoritarian and Reactionary States" (the "AARS ) conspired to disband the European Union and NATO by C.J. Hopkins ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180712 : Challenging Chait s Paradigm by Hunter DeRensis ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : National security means making sure the investments of the oligarchy are secured by the nation. Gen. Smedley Butler had it right 80 years ago. ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : War is not the opposite of peace, 'security' is the opposite of peace ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Angry Bear " Bombing for Votes Public opinion shifts during the Iraq war and implications for future conflicts by Jeff Soplop ( Jul 09, 2018 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20180711 : Senator McConnell always conjures the image and mannerisms of Colonel Sanders (ala Kentucky Fried Chicken) ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : 'Pay Up You NATO Deadbeats or Else!' by Eric Margolis ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : American Pravda Post-War France and Post-War Germany, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : MH17 and Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal which was established to oversee and investigate complaints from victims of wars and armed conflict in relation to crimes against peace, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other like offences as recognized under International Law. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Some feelings toward Wall Street ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : July 4th and What It Really Means for Us by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : My own observation is that most of the projected U.S./Russian and U.S./Chinese confrontations would involve very extended lines of communication in the case of U.S. forces. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Another bait and switch ? ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : WPOP fielded by the Unv of Maryland might be preferable to the polls like Pew ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Israel supported Al Qaeda in Syria: Former Mossad Chief ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Heated Debate: Kevork Almassian vs. FSA opposition representatives ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : anarchyst ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : I do not recall seeing any U.S. followup to the (Vincennes) atrocity ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Charles Krauthammer: Finally they are hitting targets power plants, fuel depots, bridges, airports, television transmitters that may indeed kill the enemy and civilians nearby ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The CIA's return to the "bad old days," when it engaged in a global program of assassinating political leaders ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Seymour Hersh on 'fantasy' of White House's bin Laden assassination tale ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180709 : "Joshua Ryne Goldberg, a 20-year old living at his parents' house in US state of Florida, is accused of posing online as "Australi Witness," an IS supporter who publicly called for a series of attacks against individuals and events in western countries. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Pancake theory weakness: It is impossible that floors above break floors below and continue breaking them up to the ground level. If the floors below disintegrate, then the floors above also disintegrate. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The myth of Jewish "superintellegnce" as a part of Zionism set of myths ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Gilad Atzmon: The Cognitive Elite of Jewish History ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Jerusalem as a capital of Israel ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : On the subject of Jews celebrating the death of others, I have seen photos of them gaily cooking 'Rachel Corrie pancakes' to celebrate the death of the American student they brutally crushed to death with a tractor in occupied Palestine. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Radical Jews of the Hasidic type are also acting thuggish on American streets, like in Brooklyn where they committed assault, battery and kidnapping on a bicyclist. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Feeding the Monster, by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : Trump Ain't No Hitler by Publius Tacitus ( Jul 06, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180708 : How The United Kingdom Became A Police State ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180708 : A 29-year-old clerical employee in the Escondido City Manager's Office was forced out of his job this week after city officials learned he operates an anti-Semitic website and is active in a movement that blames Jews for the 9/11 terror attacks ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : The Doctrine of 'Superior People', by James Petras ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : When the country is in US crosshears the elite of this country should better washet out: color revolutions has thier own dynamic and after they are lauchend it is more difficult to stop them that to at the very begnning. Also in such cases, as EuroMaydan has shown, an importnat role is played by turncoats with the goverment ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : ChuckOrloski ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Correcting the historical record is not being a "fanboy" of anyone. The teaching and interpretation of history has far reaching consequences for the people, and its precisely the distortion and falsification of said history which leads to its mass manipulation ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War. ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : All social orders and hierarchies are imagined, they are all fragile, and the larger the society, the more fragile it is. The crucial historical role of religion has been to give superhuman legitimacy to these fragile structures ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The Complete Unexpurgated AIPAC Tape from 1993 ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Will Izreal survive, and id so for how long? ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Since the model for apartheid is South Africa's segregating large parts of its population by pushing people of common race or ethnicity into Bantustans and restricting their rights in the rest off South Africa it is easy to see why Israel's treatment of Palestinians is compared to Apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Apparently IDF escalation procedures include sniping clearly visible female nurses: ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The recent Zionist behaviour toward Palestinians is nothing new ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : I the category of Middle Eastern countries, Israel does fairly well. In the category of Western countries Israel comes up pretty far short ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Israel is and always has been a racist ethnocracy, i.e., a political structure in which the state apparatus is appropriated by a dominant ethnic group to further its interests, power and resources. In short, apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : This is probably a sign that relations with Arab population in Izreal can't be mended ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Ralph Peters is a nice example of the nuttiest neocons around ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : If Ukraine drifts into chaos, its neighbors, being aware of its history of extreme violence and atrocity are preparing themselves for the spillover ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The argument for creationism as far as I've heard it posited, is that our earth was 'seeded' with the DNA molecule, (as presumably other planets throughout the universe were as well), and that this was done by some intelligent (or otherwise deliberate) agent. (G0d?) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I am pretty sure without WWII there would be no 1991. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Putin conversion from atheist to a believer ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : An interesting variation of anti-Putin propaganda in blogs ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian army usually outperform Russian economy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia's history is a bit more complex than some Manichean struggle between evil Jews and noble Russian Orthodox Christians. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Svidomite (Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian view) has gotten greater academic play in US russian studies ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian "neoliberals" both grant-supported and ones that are not is a separate animal altogether ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I believe that sexual attraction to the same gender, as well as a desire to change one's gender, are symptoms of mental disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russophobs and neocons are not crazy: they are cynical people without scruples working for money ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The crisis of neoliberal society and American Empire is systemic and neocons are only are only one, however important, part of that. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : American military record of imperial adventures in second half of XX-early XXI century, once one discounts this turkey shoot of incompetent Iraq military in the Gulf Wars, is rather dismal. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : David R. Henderson on the Effects of War ( Jul 06, 2018 , scotthorton.org )
- 20180706 : The top levels of the USM pyramid know well the limits of the neoliberal box they've gotten themselves into. They've built the wrong force structure for the world as it is and will be. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : But I do not think the neocons are ideologues unless lawless disregard for humanity in search of profit, is an ideology. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Something about Richard Pipes ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : New PNAC formed. Called the Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are terms "neocon" and "Jew" synonyms ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It used to be that the only things one could be certain of were "death taxes." Now of course we must add to that list the very dependable presence of CIA / State Dept lies parroted by MSM all over the West. ( Jul 06, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180706 : Cannot see much difference between neocons and Deep State ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Geopolitical geo-economic challenges that the US West faces compels even good old-fashioned Anglo-Imperialists to say nasty things about Russia. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It not that Congress is a solid supported of Israel it is that Israel is a solid supporter of the US foreign policy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Sure, there are tens of millions of brain dead, so-called Christian Zionists, but their leaders are bought off with Jewish shekels. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are there certain things that can't be questioned in a given society, without the risk of destruction of this society? ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180705 : Henry Wallace Warns Future Americans About the Rise of Fascism by Reich-Wing Watch ( Jul 27, 2015 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180703 : With some exceptions Putin practices "national neoliberalism" in Russia ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703* Musings II The "Intelligence Community," "Russian Interference," and Due Diligence ( Jun 29, 2018 , jackmatlock.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : One day the world will realize how close we've come to WW III in the period between 2015/2020. An extended version of the Cuban missile crisis, if you will, but this time with only one statesman participating in this conundrum, the president of the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. V.V. Putin. ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Lots of people pretended to be persecuted just to get freebees in the US and elsewhere ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : No Fifth Column in the Kremlin Think again by The Saker ( Jun 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Just over a year ago, supposed Wikileaks source Seth Rich was assassinated ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Trump's "Infrastructure" Plan: Pump Up the Pentagon by William Hartung ( Jul 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture was formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture is specifically that which formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : Technology giants hold censorship meeting with US intelligence agencies by Will Morrow ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180628 : How America's Wars Fund Inequality at Home by Stephanie Savell ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20180628 : If Putin's behavior in the near abroad makes him a "thug," what can we say about Bush, Obama and Trump? ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : More trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : At War With Ourselves The Domestic Consequences of Foreign Policies ( Jun 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : The neocons believe in only two things. First, that the United States is the sole world superpower, given license by something like a Divine Entity to exercise global leadership by force if necessary ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : Did Senator Warner and Comey 'Collude' on Russia-gate by Ray McGovern ( Jun 27, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : Putin said that Russia has been blocked from participating in the ongoing international investigation into the 2014 downing of flight MH17, which Russia has been recently blamed for ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Holmes, Uncle Clunk, and and Epic Con Job, by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jilles dykstra ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Putin is rather philo-semitic ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Crawfurdmuir ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Immigration Western Wars and Imperial Exploitation Uproot Millions by James Petras ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Globalists are plum tired of American middle class population, and their main purpose in the world is over ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : An induced torpor of complacency will make it seem impossible for neoliberal globalists to accesp the new reality until the last moment, then it's too late ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jack daniels ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : The mechanics of identity wedge in politics ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Disclaimer ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Have some sympathy, but my opinion is that most such groups were used at the time by the national police and by the CIA to oppose people with more serious ideas, and the support for such groups at the time by CIA etc. in the U.S.A and in Europe is making serious cultural and sometimes violent (I see photos of Antlfa morons, etc., direct descendants) blowback. ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Russia's Nuclear Doctrine Is Being Distorted Once Again ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180626 : Clinton was parachuted from Arkansas as a suitable puppet. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : American Pravda The JFK Assassination, Part II Who Did It by Ron Unz ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting players on the ground in Dallas that day included GHW Bush ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The cultivation of a positive American image abroad was a primary concern of the Deep State, and given what immeasurable harm the exposure of a CIA coup would have done to America's standing as 'leader of the free world' I cannot imagine the plot was CIA-hatched or led. CIA connivance and behind-the-scenes assistance raises very interesting possibilities, though. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why Trump delayed release of the Kennedy files yet again ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : LJB and a crew of Texas Oil magnates and John Birch Society types in place and ready to help. They even posted a 'Wanted for Treason' poster the day Kennedy arrived ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Autopsy controversy ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting similarities berween JFK assasination and 9/11 ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was CIA and LBJ worked in tandem in the JFK assassination? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The opposition media is created to nominally represent alternative views but in reality to silence of the issues you want silenced. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why lymo, which as acrime scene artifact was repaired so quickly ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : See Col. L. Fletcher Prouty on why CIA hated JFK ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was Osvald a CIA agent? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Here's a good History Channel special on how LBJ may have been involved with the JFK assassination. I personally think it makes a pretty good case. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Buzz Mohawk ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Italy bans freemasons from cabinet minister positions ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Extensive Interviews with USS Liberty Survivors' Audio tapes obtained by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield prove what every USS Liberty survivor, former Secretary of State Dean Rusk, and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer have said all along: that Israel deliberately attacked an American ship. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Despite these very difficult conditions, a member of the crew heroically managed to jerry-rig a replacement antenna during the attempt, and by trying numerous different frequencies, was able to evade the jamming ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : "Conspiracy theories" are usually quite simple to solve: verify that there was a conspiracy verify that there was a cover-up verify that mass media is in the cover-up ( Jun 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The government of the USA has marked Putin for destruction. But I think the rest of the world is rooting for him, and the Russian people, to survive the American onslaught. ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Article 17 of the Russian Constitution says rights and freedoms of person and citizen are recognized and guaranteed pursuant to the generally recognized principles and norms of international law ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Treason To What I'm With The Russians, They Hate Us Less Than The Media Does!, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : dfordoom ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Was the Marketplace of Ideas Politically Hijacked - ( Jun 24, 2018 , promarket.org )
- 20180624 : annamaria ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Saker publishes some interesting news re the MH17 tragedy: ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Israel and the status of Jews in the USA ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Israeli historian Ilan Pappe has substantiated through archival records Israel's ethnic cleansing of 1948 in the formation of the Israeli state, methodically researched and planned since before the Holocaust ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180623 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Laura Bush and Michael Hayden, No Fixing Stupid by Publius Tacitus ( Jun 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180621* The neoliberal agenda is agreed and enacted by BOTH parties: ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180621 : Cocaine Cowboys ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180621 : Mad Dog Mattis, the destroyer of Raqqa, frets about losing moral authority by Finian Cunningham ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180620 : Awaiting the Putin-Nazi Apocalypse by C.J. Hopkins ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180620 : Never underestimate what a man will do to keep a good-paying job. ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : Will the Real Donald Trump Please Stand Up by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : DOJ Indicts Vault 7 Leak Suspect; WikiLeaks Release Was Largest Breach In CIA History Zero Hedge ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180619 : U.S. Humiliates South Korea, Threatens North Korea, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : The next year the strategic position of Ukraine might get worse ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : 'Deep Throat' was fiction, the CIA had all the info, the CIA fake 'leaker' is another big distraction game getting repeated ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : In criminal investigations the first question always is 'who benefits'. The weird thing in political suspicious deaths is that this question is seldom asked ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618* American Pravda The JFK Assassination, Part I - What Happened, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180617 : As for Putin, it could be, that he is, for now, on a footing of equal to the insiders of above, he must somehow understand (Putin gives a public impression to be cognitively superior to all other political tarts of the moment) that real problems are global ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617* the dominant political forces in EU are anti-Russia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180617 : Can the EU become a partner for Russia by The Saker ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : After WWII it took most Europeans less than a generation to revert to the traditional anti-Russian attitudes ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : On Polish Russophobia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : In the German parliament Merkel and her supporters battle to continue their anti German policy against the CSU even in the CDU (Merkel's party) there are courageous people who that remind Merkel by whom she is paid, and to who she has obligations. ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Putin and orthodox religion ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Current Russian regime got bad roots. It cares not for people. Current increase of retirement age is another testament to this ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Remember general plan Ost ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : The West, not Putin, organized and supported a coup bringing to the power a super-corrupt illegitimate "government" that relies on armed neo-Nazi groups for the control of the county ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : Lies and contradictions pile up on Ukraine's faked murder of Babchenko ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180615 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Note on Us strategy ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613* How False Flag Operations Are Carried Out Today by Philip M. GIRALDI ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180613 : Leaving the past behind ... by TTG ( Jun 13, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180613 : If Only We'd Listened To Ike... - Inside The Deep State ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180613 : Egor Kholmogorov Stalin Is Not Great, by Anatoly Karlin - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Germany Was Defeated on the Eastern Front, Not Normandy, by Eric Margolis - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Is Putin really ready to ditch Iran by The Saker ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Understanding power of Israeli lobby in the USA by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Israeli Attack On The USS Liberty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Trump doctrine: 'the more you screw them the better they like it'! ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : In The Western World Truth Is An Endangered Species by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180611 : John F. Kennedy and the Question of World Peace ( Jun 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180610 : It might well be that among the skilles to gain entrance in the Ivy colleges one is the acceptance of neoliberal ideology. Stray too far from the Clinton/Bush/Obama's neoliberalism and identity politics and your application goes into the garbage can and with it your chance of joining our governing elite ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180610* Trump and National Neoliberalism by Sasha Breger Bush ( Dec 24, 2016 , www.commondreams.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180610 : Some display a weird obsession with colonialism. In reality everyone's self-serving; the form changes but at the end of the day, that's nature. And evidently the West, whatever foibles it has, should at least make an effort to survive ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609* Still Waiting for Evidence of a Russian Hack by Ray McGovern ( Jun 09, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180609* Spooks Spooking Themselves by Daniel Lazare ( May 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180609 : My father's MI5 file shows that not all facts are equal, by Patrick Cockburn - The Unz Review ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609 : What Goes Around: "Trampling on the Helpless Abroad" Comes Home ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180609 : Dems Put Finishing Touches on One-Party 'Surveillance Superstate' by Mike Whitney ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606* Neoliberal language allows powerful groups to package their personal preferences as national interests systematically cutting spending on their enemies and giving money to their friends ( Jun 06, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180606* Why Foreign Policy Realism Isn't Enough by William S. Smith ( Jun 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180606 : Despite the fact that Trump folded, for the foreseeable future the Neocons will continue to focus their energy on trying to impeach Trump by the Saker ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606 : >John Bolton is now part of the Cambridge Analytica scandal ( Jun 06, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180606 : Inverted totalitarism described by a Guardia commenter ( Jun 06, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180605 : The USA fear about Russia and the EU member states seems to be twofold: (1) more trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible; (2) more trade with Russia, and the railway connections with China, threaten to turn the USA into an economic backwater ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Russophob claims: Russia has long been a colonial power. It simply expanded into its near abroad and has remained an empire in spite of the dissolution of the Tsarist/Soviet empire ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Mourning in America The Day RFK Was Shot in Los Angeles The American Conservative ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180605 : The Political Assassin Who Brought Down RFK ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180604 : Ryan Dawson And Michael Collins Piper Israel And JFK ( Jan 24, 2014 , fromthetrenchesworldreport.com )
- 20180604 : Was LBJ Shacked up with a pretty Zionist when Israel attacked the USS Liberty? ( Sep 19, 2014 , truthscooper.wordpress.com )
- 20180604 : Links between LBJ and Mathilde Krim by Philip Weiss ( Jan 18, 2018 , mondoweiss.net )
- 20180603 : Brabantian ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Did Israel Kill the Kennedys by Laurent Guyénot ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Real Assassin Arrested In Staged Kiev Hit Linked To Ukrainian Intelligence As Official Story Unravels Zero Hedge ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180603 : Ukraine - The Babchenko Hoax Was Part Of A Corporate Raid ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180603 : Poland Under the Jewish Messiah, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180602 : FBI Spying On Trump Started In London, Earlier Than Thought, New Texts Implicate Obama White House ( Jun 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180602 : Obama used NSA FBI to spy on Trump veteran CIA officer ( Mar 20, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180602 : Tesla has a number of severe problems ( Jun 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180601 : Google Abandons Pentagon's AI-Drone 'Project Maven' After Employee Revolt Zero Hedge ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180601 : Illusion: The international campaign to unseat Bashar Assad is really an Izreaili campaign. In reality, secular nationalist Arab regimes were eliminated by the USA as regimes hostile to neoliberalism and neoliberal globalization ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180528 : Whenever I read anything purporting to identify international bad guys and good guys, I always like to ask: Who has this purported bad guy invaded recently? How many bombs has this bad guy dropped on other people s countries? ( May 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180528 : Why You Should Read These Military Classics by Andrew J. Bacevich ( May 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180528 : >A Major Win for Trump's War Cabinet ( May 28, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180527 : The FBI uses confidential informants So did the Cheka ( May 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180526 : Sex and the Brain by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Reabilitation of Summers speech about sex differences in abilities by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Creative Chaos by David Lorimer ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : The Simulation of Democracy, by C.J. Hopkins - The Unz Review ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : Democracy as a hologram generated by neoliberal state machine by C.J. Hopkins ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : Complex hostory of Israel as a nation and the role of external support in sustaining it ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : Facebook partners with hawkish Atlantic Council, a NATO lobby group, to "protect Demo ( May 23, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20180523 : The Messiah Is Here, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522 : It wasn't spying; it was an insurance policy. Just ask Strozk and whomever else was meeting over that topic. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522* Cat fight within the US elite getting more intense ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522* Can the majority of the USA be made to see that neocons will ruin the USA, and that their power must be liquidated ? ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522 : There is an old saying that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged, and a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested. I guess a civil libertarian is a national security hawk that's been spied on. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180521 : Stop Kicking Sand in Kim's Face by Eric Margolis ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Making sense of Russian political ambiguities by The Saker ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Far from "the intelligence community" believing any such thing, it was eventually admitted that a handful of picked individuals from three agencies (of the 16) had cautiously expressed that "belief" with the proviso that they acknowledged that they knew of no supporting evidence. ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180518 : Foreign Policy Insiders try to Scuttle Trump-Kim Nukes Deal by Mike Whitney ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180518 : A Trump Doctrine for Singapore and Beyond by Pat Buchanan ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Time changes: Professor Shephen Cohen became more popular among readers of unz.com ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Anthrax scare as a way to enrich private contractors ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Bureaucrats Versus Artists by W. Patrick Lang ( May 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Suspect Identified in C.I.A. Leak Was Charged, but Not for the Breach - The New York Times ( May 15, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180515 : This is not 4% of GDP id misleading a more poroet figure is 30 percentof federal tax revenue or each third dollar collected ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : The Ruinously Expensive American Military by Philip Giraldi ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180514 : Netanyahu "Let's You and Him Fight", by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : One Man s War: Bringing Iraq to the United States by Mark Wilkerson ( Jun 09, 2016 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20180513 : Possibility of a new war in Middle East the shoot the oil prices to $200 frighten Germany ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Confusion over Netanyahu visit to Moscow and Putin passivity over recurrent Israeli strikes of Syria territory ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Fighting unending wars across thousands of miles of the planet for almost 17 years without end, while making the president into a global assassin, is the necessary course of action under neoliberalism as the goal is to preserve and expande global, led by the USA neoliberal empire using power of bayonets ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : The Skripals will most likely never be allowed to talk by The Saker ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Neoliberal management and Zombies by Robert Bonomo ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Generally voters should pass exam to be eligible to vote, like in many other occupations ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180511 : Protecting Israel Is Their Full-Time Job by Philip Giraldi ( May 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180504* Media Use Disinformation To Accuse Russia Of Spreading Such ( May 04, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180504 : FBI monitored phone calls of Trump s personal lawyer by Barry Grey ( May 04, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180504 : Sic Semper Tyrannis The Skripals survived, but their cat and rodents ... not so much. ( May 03, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180501 : Israel is the main beneficiary of Syria war and the US hostility to Iran including Trump attempt to withdraw from JCPOA ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Smut Night at the Press Dinner by Pat Buchanan ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : The Korean Summit, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Dumb Moves Have Consequences, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : The CIA Democrats Part one by Patrick Martin ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180430 : UK universities being integrated into military-security apparatus ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180430 : Trump talks tough against Iran, but his political options are limited by Patrick Cockburn ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180429 : Is the CIA Running a Defamation Campaign Against Putin by The Saker ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : The entire Liberal narratives around Vladimir Putin and Alexander Dugin are actually political reconstructions of the "Yellow Peril" stereotype ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : How False Flag Operations Are Carried Out Today ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : Theresa May's husband's Investment Firm made a financial killing from the bombing of Syria ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : Pompeo's Contempt for Diplomacy and the Nuclear Deal by Daniel Larison ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180429 : Yemen War Great For US Jobs Watch CNN's Wolf Blitzer Proclaim Civilian Deaths Are Worth It Zero Hedge ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180429 : Macron's Tough Message to Washington by Eric Margolis ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427* A Most Sordid Profession by Fred Reed ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180427 : Pax-americana is slowly dying ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : Syria Oil Play ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : Roger Stone said that he has known John Bolton since the Reagan years. Stone claims Bolton is not a neocon warmonger but a guy who is a staunch believer in the old doctrine of peace through strength. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : CIA operatives Bradlee and his mentee Bob Woodward staged a coup. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Israel basically dictates Washington's official policies in the Mideast, it is Israel every bit as much as either occupied Washington or subservient Saudi Arabia that is probably most responsible for the anti-Assad chaos and carnage inside Syria. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Apparently Trump is backtracking on the US Troop pullout from Syria, or he was lying in the first place when he made that announcement: ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Even The Simpsons' writers weren't absurdist enough to come up with a President Haley. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Drones, Baby, Drones! The Rise of Americas High-Tech Assassins ( Apr 03, 2015 , Alternet )
- 20180426 : The Skripal case and Douma false flag in Syria are clumsy, amateur attempts to push the US empire into war ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If I don't like the government and its policies (purchased by moneyed interests and non-Americans) am I an "America hater"? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : I'm as irritated as anybody by Brit-chauvinism, but their eminent contribution to the technical and philosophical foundations of modern society from Newton and Bacon through Locke, Smith, and Burke to Maxwell, Whitehead, and Turing is undeniable. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The Zionists are very much like the CIA: they work secretly, scheming and planning their ugly machinations in the shadows for selfish gain. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Why did the Russians allow Israel so much freedom in Syria..from the start of their Syrian project? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The British dishonorable military officers run White Helmet rank-and-file: Any Qs about le Mesurier' and Tilley' devotion to militant Islamists and fanatical Israelis when good money is paid for the devotion? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The US claim of 100% effectiveness of their weapons system and 0% of the Syrian/Russian systems, this is plainly nonsense. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Are the Russians Correct by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump can't keep the neocons off his back they are driving the bus. He's strapped into the driver's seat but isn't allowed to touch anything. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump shouda put that McMahon wrestling lady in the propaganda department, shes pretty good at convincing 50 year old adults that wrestling is real. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : A big part of the "welfare" is corporate. Boeing, Lockheed, etc. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Is the Trump Administration/DoS trying to gaslight us? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If Mattis didn't know about it, then he should have done and likewise with Trump ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424* The Democratic Party has embraced the agenda of the military-intelligence apparatus and sought to become its main political voice ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180424 : This country has absolutely zero credibility or standing in the world anymore. All they've got is a military they can use to menace and bully the rest of the planet into submission. Which is a specialty of the Clintons ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : Constant and persistent nudging generally results in an angry backlash. Somewhere around when a person realizes "This is not where I wanted to be." That's now very true for neoclassic economy courses. Many students understand the game and hate it ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180422* The American ruling class loves Identity Politics, because Identity Politics divides the people into hostile groups and prevents any resistance to the ruling elite ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180422 : Yeah. Sociopath. Gives me the shivers. Bill is the same, but conceals it better. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180422 : The Pearl Harbor hearings were meant to protect Marshall and Stark, and use Kimmel and Short as scapegoats. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421* On the Criminal Referral of Comey, Clinton et al by Ray McGovern ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180421 : First Joust by Israel Shamir ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421 : Ruling Selling weapons like there is no tomorrow ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180420 : Haley has been an embarrassment for the US at the UN. It was thought that Haley could not be worse than Samantha Power, but she proved otherwise ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The biggest damage from the strikes on Syria was to the credibility of the US, French and Airstrip One governments. In the days of dubya at least some effort was put into the false flags ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419* The Neocons Are Selling Koolaid Again! by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180419 : Trump foreign policy differ little from bush and Obama ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Jews vs non-Jews in Trump administration ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : I was one of Jeff Sessions' biggest supporters, complained loudly when Trump wanted to fire him. Now I wish I hadn't. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Few Saudis and 9-11: Wolfowitz al Saud, Zelikow al Saud, Feith al Saud, Wurmsers al Saud, Libby al Saud, Zakheim al Saud, Chertoff al Saud. Just a very few. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Sachs worked closely w/ Soros to plunder USSR/ FSU ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : They never planned to let "Harvey" survive to see an actual trial, because of the lack of evidence against him, and therefore the evidence of a high-level conspiracy would then be so obvious. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Effectiveness of anti cruse missiles weapons: 47 of the 71 intercepts they claim were done by modern Pantsir and Buk systems that Syria purchased around 2010. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump's Missile Fiasco: Did the Pentagon collaborate with Moscow on which targets to hit? by Mike Whitney ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Merkel is a CIA asset. She has skeletons in her closet from her time in East Germany, and her meteoric rise to power was clearly engineered by a third party she herself lacked both the experience and the power base within the party for doing it herself ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Theresa May ties with military-industrial complex ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You forgot the man of exemplary truthfulness: Colin Powell with his vial at the UN. That became a meme. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump is a typical business tycoon: a clueless moron. Pence is just a weasel ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : New Trump reality show: A fake response to a fake gas attack with fake WMDs ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You can't make it up: Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell told the C Span Washington Journal audience this morning that there was "no danger from a chemical plume" after missiles struck Syrian chemical plants "because the attack was designed to burn up" the fumes. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The Corrupt U.S. Congress Cheers as the War Industry Steals Billions from the People's Coffers ! ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Mad madam prostitute Nick Halley has to be soothed by Kudlow telling her she was not a demented rat. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Looks like Pompeo is compete idiot despite hs Harvard degree ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180418 : Ever heard of the British Army s 77th Brigade? ( Apr 18, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180418 : Obama vs Trump: That is how the political mechanism of faux populism works. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : I would think the Pentagon would like to test the Russian defense systems, and the Russians can't be completely sorry they got the opportunity to see how those new systems worked under operational conditions. The winners are the arms manufacturers. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : US Says Russia Hacked Syrian Attack Evidence As Russia Finds Rebel Chemical Weapon Lab ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180417 : False flags are real US has a long history of lying to start wars -- RT Op-ed ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180416 : Israeli lobby and the US foreign policy ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : But what neither the British Government nor the OPCW have, to the present, acknowledged is that blood samples from the Skripal's contained two nerve agents, A-234, aka Novichok, plus 3-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate, aka BZ or Buzz. ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Why Do They Tell US Transparent Lies by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Alas, this is far from over! by The Saker ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416* British Propaganda and Disinformation An Imperial and Colonial Tradition by Wayne MADSEN ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180415* The Trump Regime Is Insane by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180412 : I am beginning to think that impeaching Trump is a good idea. He is ready to unleash another war on fase premises destroying the stability of the world. He truly is a bull in a china shop ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411* Female neocon warmongers from Fox look like plastered brick walls – heartless and brainless. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180411 : Israel has no qualms about being a dishonest and lying inciter of a mass murder while pretending sanctimoniously on some "superior morality" and "eternal victimhood." ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Right now Jews and Arabs have joined forces to suppress the Persians. What happens AFTER the Persians are diminished? Do Israel and Saudi Arabia turn on each other? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : There's a subconscious racism in the way [neo]liberal westerners treat Russia. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Twelve of the 15 council members backed the measure, including France, Britain, African countries, Kazakhstan and Kuwait. Bolivia voted against the draft resolution, while China abstained ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : California Democrat Zoe Lofgren and Michigan Republican Justin Amash are circulating a bipartisan letter to President Trump, insisting that he seek Congressional authorization before striking the government of Syria. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : With all these 'gas victims' churned out by the white helmets how is it that no such 'martyr' graves have ever turned up ? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Red Crescent Says No Evidence of Chemical Attack in Syria's Douma ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Powell Iraq WDM presentation and recent Syria chemical attack: some analogies ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Syrian chemical weapon attacks happen whenever the rebels are about to be defeated. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Skriptal caper looks like kindergarten stuff compared to that 1965 genocide. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : This unscrupulous false flag op, crying foul and smearing the innocent for the crime they committed relentlessly is a special signature of the British/Anglo culture and trait. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The toxin involved in classic shellfish poisoning is a naturally occurring neurotoxin, Saxitoxin, which agent remains toxic even after boiling or steaming, exactly the food preparation techniques likely to be employed in preparing shellfish for consumption. This is, indeed, what makes it so pernicious. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Liars Lying About Nearly Everything by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Russians are Flabbergasted, by Israel Shamir ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Is Theresa May as more evil than Hillary Clinton? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Another step closer to the totalitarian state ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : It's surreal to watch such staggering levels of dishonest incompetence among our globalist "elites". ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Something about British elite ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : History of the Jewish People ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Unfortuntely, even among friends and aquaintances, the story about evil Assad killing Children is often readily believed ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180410 : The "Russian" Poisoning of the Skirpals In Context ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Trump to Decide Soon Whether to Retaliate for Barbaric Act in Syria ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180409* Ghouta is Arabic for Reichstag Fire by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409* When Military Leaders Have Reckless Disregard for the Truth by Bruce Fein ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409 : There is no doubt that Trump is an elite "false flag". Someone who was intended to be simply PORTRAYED as being anti-establishment, but in reality, one who carried out and amplified everything the establishment wanted. But neoliberal elite overplayed its hand by encouraging hateful anti-Trump rhetoric so much that now everything that Trump will do will garner massive opposition. ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : In my opinion, the forces that push for war know they are lying and don't care if a small percentage are on to them. They have the microphone and we do not. ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180409 : Hi, I am from the government. I am here to lie to you ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180408 : Do brighter minds incline to honesty by James Thompson ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : I would add to your list of possible MH17 culprits several global corporations; the one's I have in mind, cannot be completely identified to a single nation in the world ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The Netherlands objected most to sanctions, our export to Russia. The 300 deaths changed that literally overnight. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : A person who lost someone in that crash would like to know the truth, rather than "official" US BS. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The conversation (mentioned in this article) between the Estonian Foreign Affairs Minister Urmas Paet and EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : Chris Hedges U.S. Citizens Are Living In An Inverted Totalitarian Country ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180408 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180404 : A Special Relationship Born in Hell, by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180403 : Americans Trust 'Our' Intelligence Agencies. Should We ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180403 : The West Should Avoid Starting a New Cold War with Russia by Doug Bandow ( Apr 03, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180403 : The US Arms Machine: Why Wars R Us ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180403 : Two interconnected thoughts on US propaganda and the US Military Industrial Complex ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : The Guardian ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180402 : I think the Kiev side had been directing airliners across the war zone along the path of planned bombing runs to allow Ukraine military jets to fly the same course *below* the airliner and use the airliner's much bigger radar signature (huge compared to a military jet) as protection i.e. if a missile was fired and missed it might lock on to the airliner instead. ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The Kiev regime had no need to put anti-aircraft batteries in the area at all, but they did! ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Malaysia has been cut out of the investigation, why? For refusing to prejudge the outcome? ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Yet another theory of SU-25 role in shooing ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : BUK missle smooketrail is demonstratively absent ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Should I Buy A 'Smart' Phone ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : Is It Time to Delete Facebook? by Lambert Strether ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180402 : Iether Russia and China stick together or might be devoured by the West one by one, with Russia first onthe list ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The West wants to neutralize China. Russia is the threat to those plans because it could act as a bridge to Europe to China ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : How the East can save the West by The Saker ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Steal This Book The Publishing Misadventures of a CIA Whistleblower ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180402 : Who Shot Down Flight MH17 in Ukraine by Ron Unz ( Aug 14, 2014 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Facebook In Turmoil Employees In Uproar Over Executive's Leaked Memo Zero Hedge ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180401 : Goodbye Facebook, and Screw You Too by Christopher Ketcham ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180401 : Trouble for big tech as consumers sour on Amazon, Facebook and co ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180401 : Problems with Russia-China relations ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Russia China are working closely to counter the West for existential threat ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : The ideal scenario of Skripal resurrection ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Check out this wonderful chart presented to the public by "Her Majesty's government" entitled "A long pattern of Russian malign activity" ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : About the only proven use of Facebook ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180331 : Finally, Kennedy had enough, and in a personal letter dated May 18, 1963, the president warned that unless American inspectors were allowed into Dimona (meaning the end of any military activities), Israel would find itself totally isolated. Rather than answering, Ben-Gurion abruptly resigned ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180331* RFK and Nixon immediately understood the assassination was a CIA-led wet-works operation since they chaired the assassination committees themselves in the past ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180331 : RFK and Nixon immediately understood the assassination was a CIA-led wet-works operation since they chaired the assassination committees themselves in the past ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Using Gmail as a spam mail storage and for all useless registration that require email address ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Not all social sites are created equal ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : We need to take ownership of our information and data back again and regulate the internet as a utility ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : We should not glamorize the past iether ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : You might wish to consider the new Brave browser for a part of your internet access ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Deception can help, in right dose at right time ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : 18 tips for surviving the surveillance age by Alex Hern and Arwa Mahdawi ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Fakebook On Its Way To Zero ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : He is not your dad ;-) ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Facebook Condom - Mozilla Launches Firefox Extension To Avoid Zuck s Spying Eyes ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Trump should call for a real 9/11 investigation, that would drain the swamp. But he is too afraid to do this ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The analysis of the UVA Amsterdam professor Laslo Maracs is that Trump, and his rich friends, understand that the USA is no longer capable of maintaining an empire, and that war for enlarging the empire is even more suicide than trying to maintain the empire. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The entire history of mankind speaks the same tale. once and empire collapses it never recovers its former status and power ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The Anti-Liberty Boomerang of US Militarism ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180329 : It's Not a Conspiracy Anymore; Public Belief in 'Deep State' Soars by Mike Whitney ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : The survey appears to confirm that democracy in the United States is largely a sham. Our elected representatives are not the agents of political change, but cogs in a vast bureaucratic machine that operates mainly in the interests of the behemoth corporations and banks ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328* Deep State and False Flag Attacks ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180328 : You are quite right, Power Elite is more accurate description, but now that the term Deep State has reached common parlance, is it useful to try to rebrand them? ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : Power elite is, in most modern countries, comprised of big money (different sources in different lands), dominant media controllers of intellectual discourse through academia, military infrastructure plus professional politicians, various intelligence agencies etc. ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : redmudhooch ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : How Iraq War destabilized the world and why the neocons aren't finished yet by Rania Khalek ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180328 : Want To Freak Yourself Out Here Is All The Personal Data That Facebook-Google Collect ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180328 : Should You Delete Your Facebook Page ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180327 : An important British diplomat saw British control of the greater part of the world as the natural order of things ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : You will gain a better understanding of Vladimir Putin if you study his career as a sportsman, 3rd degree blackbelt Judoka than by sifting through his career as an ex-spy. ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : It's Wishful Thinking to Blame Trump's Win on Cambridge Analytics by Patrick Cockburn ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180327 : how do you reform the Secret Police? ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Time to find out if CIA interfered in the 2016 election ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : A Ukrainian joke ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : A Facebook Employee Asked a Reporter To Turn Off His Phone So Facebook Couldn't Track Its Location ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : German Court Rules Facebook Use of Personal Data Illegal ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Lost Around 2.8 Million US Users Under 25 Last Year ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook is Pushing Its Data-tracking Onavo VPN Within Its Main Mobile App ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Within a week after Brennan's 'routine' visit in April 2014 to the Ukraine the Ukrainian army launched a civil war. That was within 2 weeks of the CIA instigated coup an the end of February 2014 ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Facebook Suspends Donald Trump's Data Operations Team For Misusing People's Personal Information ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Did Cambridge Analytica Harvest 50 Million Facebook Profiles? ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Are Google and Facebook Surveilling Their Own Employees? ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Gets Hit With Four Lawsuits Over Cambridge Analytica Scandal ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : FBI Paid Geek Squad Repair Staff As Informants ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Leaked Files Show How the NSA Tracks Other Countries' Hackers ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook's VPN Service Onavo Protect Collects Personal Data -- Even When It's Switched Off ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : 'They'll Squash You Like a Bug': How Silicon Valley Keeps a Lid on Leakers ( Mar 27, 2018 , slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook and Its Executives Are Getting Destroyed After Botching the Handling of a Massive Data Breach ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Scraped Call, Text Message Data For Years From Android Phones ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327* Let's Investigate John Brennan, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180327 : Then They Came for the Globalists by C.J. Hopkins ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Integrity Has Vanished From The West by Paul Craig Roberts, ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180327 : Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet, by Pat Buchanan - The Unz Review ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180326 : NEO Mueller and Trump, Why Russia didn't do it Veterans Today ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180326 : The Mind-Benders How to Harvest Facebook Data, Brainwash Voters, and Swing Elections by Roberto J. González ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180326 : Neocons Are Back With a Big War Budget and Big War Plans by Ron Paul ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180325* A truly historical month for the future of our planet by The Saker ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180325 : Tonight Is The Beginning Seven Things To Watch For In Stormy Daniels' Interview ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Surveillance is the DNA of the Platform Economy ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180325 : CA was able to provide the campaign with predictive analytics based on more than 5,000 data points on every voter in the United States ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com )
- 20180325* Cambridge Analytica Scandal Rockets to Watergate Proportions and Beyond by Adam Garrie ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180325 : Cambridge Analytica was involved in basically all recent elections ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Cambridge Analytica was always anti Russia. Involved in operations in most of the ex soviet countries to create a hatred of ethnic Russians and I think will work with non nationalist types who are very anti Russia. ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180325 : Dumb F--ks Julian Assange Reminds Us What Mark Zuckerberg Thinks Of Facebook Users ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Facebook Scandal Blows Away 'Russiagate' by Finian CUNNINGHAM ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180325 : Germans media and voting for Mama Merkel ( Mar 25, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180325 : Former CIA Director John Brennan Hired as Analyst for NBC News ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.infowars.com )
- 20180325 : When Trump was elected, I thought that it was a one-day victory for the white working class. ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180324 : Is trump fully cooked ? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : In a way Ukraine stepped on the same rake twice: once in 1991 and the second time in 2014. That's unforgivable ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2018/4512_poisoning_brit_desperate.html ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.larouchepub.com )
- 20180323 : Putin and neoliberaism in Russia: What they told us about socialism was a pack of lies, but what they told us about capitalism turned out to be perfectly true ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Russia has several significant problems with growth of Muslim population and the fact that this is last term for Putin, which might signify the end of the period of political stability ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Was Trump was a deep state man from day one, just like Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : How many knows that Obama went to the WH with a regime change feather already in his cap ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : A simple question: Where is Julia Skripal, a citizen of Russian Federation, who was taken by the UK secret services and whisked away to some undisclosed location? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Interesting detail about illegal British war propaganda in breach of ICCPR Article 20. Of particular note is the report of Pompeo's role in the blame game for the failed Skripal provocation. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : The alleged Salisbury attack succeeded as propaganda but rush to judgement, childish government and diplomatic ranting makes it similar to Iraq WDM hoax ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : So on the 15th anniversary of the Iraq debacle, a neocon who cheered it on is rewarded with a national security post where he can cue up the attack on Iran that was always the ultimate prize for Israel's US stooges? ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180322* If it's correct, the Brits made a very nasty error that shows the true nature of their establishment. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180322 : Know Your History Google Has Been a Military-Intel Contractor from the Very Beginning ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180322 : Facebook is basically responsible for feeding the analytics system that enabled Cambridge Analytica and the Trump campaign to be so targeted and effective with a minimal budget ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : Westerners held the carrots of a Western lifestyle, which the Russians could not match ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Neocons still rule the US, Trump or no Trump: Senate Votes to Kill Bill Challenging Legality of Yemen War ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : The only suggestions that the Russians were responsible for the incident come from exactly the same kinds of people who told us about Iraq's WMD and the supposed Libyan humanitarian emergency ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Four days to declare a Cold War by Thierry Meyssan ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322* Military at CNN ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180322 : Bad news: Trump just picked John Bolton to be the new National Security Advisor. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : I was on the admissions committee of our umbrella graduate program long enough to know that IQ, GRE, or SAT scores mean exactly nothing. At best, they reflect the effort people put into preparation to these tests, but have no predictive value whatsoever. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : The Israelis I believe needed JFK dead so they made sure he became deceased. He was in the way and with so many others hating him and his brother after he challenged the CIA, his days were numbered. Then it was Bobbies turn. ( Mar 22, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180322 : Washington Breaks Out the "Just Following Orders" Nazi Defense for CIA Director-Designate Gina Haspel ( Mar 22, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20180322 : As far as I can tell, blatant lies of Western propaganda achieved among the people with brains the same result as the Soviet propaganda: even if they state something truthful for a change, people would doubt that. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Ironically it was the US and its advisers that first handed all of the Russian wealth over to the oligarchs, and then, later, supported Yeltsin when he illegally dissolved the Rada and arrested their leaders (generally known as the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis) (they had also supported him earlier, back when he was only President of the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic and Gorbachev was head honcho, when Yeltsin sent tanks to bomb the Rada/Parliament, during the so-called "August coup"). ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : The NUMEC Affair: Did Highly Enriched Uranium from the U.S. Aid Israel's Nuclear Weapons Program? ( Mar 21, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180321* Former CIA Chief Brennan Running Scared by Ray McGovern ( Mar 19, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180321 : An insane anti-Putin propaganda campaign in the West helped Russian people to learn their lesson: another Yeltsin or Gorbachev in Russia are now highly unlikely. In fact, the West will regret the day Putin is gone. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Considering the DNC machine rigged the Democratic primaries and derailed Bernie Sanders' run, and considering the entire Establishment came out in force to defeat Trump (e.g. Donna Brazile admitting she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign..... leaked audios, false accusations,....which are still ongoing.....), whatever shenanigans Putin campaign was involved in seem like the proverbial nothingburger ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Wolf Richter Then Why Is Anyone STILL on Facebook by Wolf Richter ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180321* Washington's Invasion of Iraq at Fifteen ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180321 : Russiagate Comes to England by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Let us posit some 3rd party, whose name some dare not mention? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is absolutely nothing totally duplicitous, nothing evil, that British secret service (meaning both MI5 and MI6) will not do, and in fact has not done. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is certainly a reasonable list of suspects, most more credible than the Russian state. Perhaps one can also separate out the crime in to two parts, those who committed it, and those who have sought to exploit it. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : The USA neocons might want to present (apparently by way of a series of reckless provocations) ultimatum to Russia and China: "either cede your sovereignty to the empire and start taking orders, or it's war" or something like that. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Why ever would May backtrack? The MSM are in full support, creating all the facts that justify her shrill denunciation of Vlad the Poisoner? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : "Novichok" is not the name of the CW, but the code of the KGB operation carried out to identify the mole (the information leakage channel), as well as the supply of disinformation by Israel Shamir ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : NSA Has Been Tracking Bitcoin Users Since 2013, New Snowden Documents Reveal ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180321* Whataboutism Is A Nonsensical Propaganda Term Used To Defend The Failed Status Quo by Mike Krieger ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180321* How They Sold the Iraq War by Jeffrey St. Clair ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180320 : The plausibility of the doping charges disappeared when, at a time when Russian athletes were under extreme scrutiny in the Winter Olympics, they were accused of doping in the curling and bobsleigh events \ ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : You're suggesting that the plebeian mass of ignorant white trash calling themselves the British nation should actually rule themselves by way of a democratically elected parliament, their national loyalty centered on a constitutional monarch who is head of the English national Christian church. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : We read that Vladimir Putin's passport was found three days later at the Scripaal's poisoning scene. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : This looks more and more like false flag operation by British intelligence againces: Queen May has no clothes on, but all the 'adults' in the mainstream press pretend to see a beautiful robe. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Russiagate Comes to England, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : IIRC, the Anthrax show was seen [from my viewpoint = external], as akin to sending out a sheep-dog to shepherd the outliers = oppress any 'casual dissidents' to get everybody onto the same page = GWoT, 1st step to invade Afghanistan in order to rearrange some sand. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Head of Cambridge Analytica filmed discussing use of bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians ( Mar 20, 2018 , telegraph.co.uk )
- 20180320 : T>he massive mining the Obama campaign did via Facebook in 2012 -- an action it appears Cambridge copied for Trump's campaign ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180320 : Putin was inviting the Russian people to picture traitors dying friendless and alone Men Without a Country in apartments strewn with empty vodka bottles but he never said that traitors should be killed. This was BBC fake. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Votel, Mattis and Dunford must be on the same page. ( Mar 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180319 : The vast majority of people have already had drummed into them the fact (sic) that novichok could only be produced in Russia, so this will of course be interpreted as conclusive proof that "Putin did it". The real push for dramatic measures (e.g., World Cup) will begin at that point. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The release of toxic agent via the car ventilation system, suggested by some Western MSM, looks unlikely ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The whole story is probably a sham, a fake terror attack, a story concocted to befuddle the plebs and justify some new imperial aggression. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Who says that there is no proof that Putin did it? ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Edward Snowden: Facebook Is A Surveillance Company Rebranded As Social Media ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180319 : Salisbury Hysteria Exposes the Chauvinism and Hypocrisy of British Elites ( Mar 19, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180318* Powerful intelligence agencies are incompatible with any forms of democracy including the democracy for top one precent. The only possible form of government in this situation is inverted totalitarism ( Jun 28, 2013 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180318 : America s Phony War by William J. Astore ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : The War Prayer by Mark Twain ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : Caveat Emptor MSNBC and CNN Use CIA Apologists for False Commentary ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180317 : Most people react to an emotional message and only much smaller number to a rational message. In other words, if you want to promote anything, appeal to the emotional or even animal part of the human nature. This is exactly what the Western propaganda is doing ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : The real culprit might be one of the parties who are real beneficiaries of this propaganda surge, including criminal elements connected to the Russian exile "mafia" types, Ukraine, or some of the shadowy US and UK security state players ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : WWII between Russia and the West would be over in 1-2 days (if that), and is basically a suicide. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : How the gas was administred in a place which was under surveillance and why passersby were not affected ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Was any poisonous gas present in the Skripal bench area. Looks highly unlikely ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : This is yet another insult against Russian technical knowhow. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Considering UK behavior towards Russia as a slap on face , Russia not only should but must demand immediate release of all information available to UK on this case and samples. It should be done in aggressive manner and backed by international law to which UK is a signer. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Asshole: Narcissist, sociopath, liar, thief, murderer, often sadistic, "special." ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life: In November 2017 British TV 6th session episode 5 of 'Strike Back" Novichok was used ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : A possible role of psychopath in human society ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : How do you know Skripal was murdered? Even the British haven't claimed that. In fact we don't even know that Skripal was injured. There have been no photos, no medical statements, we are just expected to believe all the fake news ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316* NATO to display common front in Skripal case ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180316 : The UK still refuses to provide the required-by-law materials to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapon. The whole "communication" with Russians re Skripal case has exposed a stunning incompetence ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Shadow of operation Gladio hangs over Skripal case ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : It is unlear if Novichok eve ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316* The French philosopher Alain Soral is quite right when he says that modern "journalists are either unemployed or prostitutes" ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180316 : Does Western civilization now reject real, objective truth emulating the USSR ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : The method attributed to poisoning of Skripal is the best indication of the false flag operation. Looks more and more like a recycled WMD hoax to justify attack on Syria ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : George Orwell sure can write this quote ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Up until now, I was in favor of Putin trying to keep cool demeanor and be reasonable. Time works in favor of Russia, so simply trying to wait the Western collapse out is not unreasonable strategy. But with the West starting to resort to something as extreme as poisoning its own lapdogs and blaming Russia for it without presenting a single shred of evidence, it might be a good time to reconsider and join the escalation train in earnest. ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Truth vs half-truth vs lie ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : Rephazing Hermann G ring famous quote ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : Western demonization of Putin ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : The timing is once again highly suspicious with the fifa world cup around the corner ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : This is just another entry in a long list of false flag events carefully crafted to turn Russia, and Putin in particular, into an international pariah ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : All those elaborate deception schemes and false flags that we now know of are just another set of deceptive methods of Socializing The Costs, while Privatizing The Profits. ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : Julian Assange The CIA director is waging war on truth-tellers like WikiLeaks ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180314 : Iraq is a country, in which, even the most pro-American Iraqis (outside of the Kurdish dominated region), will, at this very moment deciding that they have been screwed! ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Hysterical hyperventilation of British authorities about Skripal incident suggests that it was pre-plnanned provocation, a false flag operation for fueling Russiphonia and Neo-McCarthyism ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : In effect, under Yeltsin our Harvard mafia turned Russia into African economy, never mind that Russian's aren't African's. This desire to rape and pillage the earth in order to take rents is a sophisticated, yet criminally insane method ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Latter Day America ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180314 : Military Contractors have 400 lobbyists, revolving doors with military officers and civilian officials, jobs in congressional districts; plus, corporations and their employees contribute to election campaigns. Most importantly, they are part of the connected elite. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Japan was ready to surrender before the US dropped two A bombs ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Neocons are like clogged arteries you know they will be a problem but failing to comprehend the danger, that heart attack can occur most unexpectedly, killing the host ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : I think it's possible that the most idiotic conspiracy theorists are flocking to alternative websites that are dissenting from The Narrative. The Unz Review (probably also RT and other sites) is an obvious candidate for such spontaneous activity. But yes, there's a possibility that some conscious effort is made to make these websites look bad. ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313* The CIA takeover of the Democratic Party by Patrick Martin ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180313 : My worst fears have been realized and it seems the U.S. and Israel are trying to provoke Russia into a reaction that will justify wider war for the purpose of "securing the realm" ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : Christopher Steele As Seen By The New Yorker, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : The CIA Democrats: Part one by Patrick Martin ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180311* I often think that, a the machinery of surveillance and repression becomes so well oiled and refined, the ruling oligarchs will soon stop even paying lip service to 'American workers', or the "American middle class" and go full authoritarian ( Mar 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180311 : Bringing a sense of reality to a deeply delusional Empire by The Saker ( Mar 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180311 : Inverted Totalitarianism by Sheldon Wolin ( Mar 11, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180310* Habakkuk on 'longtime' sources ( Mar 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180310 : The frankly farcical nature of the 'Joint Investigative Mechanism' report into Khan Sheikhoun ( Mar 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180309 : Yahoo scanned emails for US intelligence ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180309 : US Spying the UN Security Council Defend Democracy Press by Norman Solomon ( Mar 09, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180309 : Google And Geek Squad Arms Of The Deep State by Daniel McAdams ( Mar 08, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180308* Cue bono question in Scripal case? ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180308* A key piece of evidence pointing to 'Guccifer 2.0' being a fake personality created by the conspirators in their attempt to disguise the fact that the materials from the DNC published by 'WikiLeaks' were obtained by a leak rather than a hack had to do with the involvement of the former GCHQ person Matt Tait. ( Mar 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180308 : I dunno I think the whole air of ineptitude around The Company is just a cover. Why else would GHW Bush have been in Dallas at the time and then rocket just a few years later to its top job? Yeah, I know, it could have been KBR pulling all the strings, but I would still assert The Company was used as the vehicle to pre-position all the other necessary elements ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180308 : The Military-Industrial Complex Is on Corporate Welfare by William D. Hartung ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180308 : Putin speech as a gift to US militarists ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : The basic principle of any evolutionary stable open society based on checks and balances is that no self-inflating institutions and power centers are permissible ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180307 : America is incapable of viewing itself through the eyes of others, and has the kind of blind arrogance that I would best compare to late 19th and early 20th Century German militarism the deeply embedded German worldview (long before Hitler) of superiority, destiny, and the corresponding natural right to Empire. ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : The New Surveillance State and the Old Perjury Trap by Peter Van Buren ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180307 : Russiagate also serves as a massive distraction from many vile things being done such as a war against Yemen, illegal US occupation of Syria; ongoing war in Ukraine ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180306 : In Her Majesty's Secret Service: How an Agent of British Intelligence Tried (and Failed) to Prevent the Election of Donald Trump ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180306 : The reason that Ziocon parasites have found such a fertile ground in the US is almost like an isolated island, whose people consider war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be pulled by their noses through their MSM to any war that Ziocons fancy. ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180306* The U.S. Returns to 'Great Power Competition,' With a Dangerous New Edge ( Mar 06, 2018 , fpif.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180305 : The reason that militarists have found such a fertile ground in the US is that it is like an isolated island. As the result the US population considers war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be brainwashed by MSM ( Mar 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180304* Generals who now are running the USA foreign policy represents a great danger. These men seem incapable of rising above the Russophobia that grew in the atmosphere of the Cold War. They yearn for world hegemony for the US and to see Russia and to a lesser extent China and Iran as obstacles to that dominion for the "city on a hill ( Mar 04, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180303 : Glenn Greenwald to Tucker Carlson Journalists Eagerly Being Manipulated By Intelligence Community On Russia ( Mar 03, 2018 , www.realclearpolitics.com )
- 20180303* Top NYT Editor 'We NYT supports and follows the "national security" line (whatever that means) ( Mar 03, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180303 : Glenn Greenwald on the Trump memo, the CIA and Russia - BBC Newsnight ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : When I upgraded the Tor in my Android, it requested access to my phone hardware no. and all communication records ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180302 : You can haz better security, you can haz worse security. But you cannot haz [absolute] 'security'. There is no [absolute] security ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180302 : SS7 exploitation and the threat it poses to mobile users' privacy by Ilia Abramov ( Jan 19, 2016 , www.itproportal.com )
- 20180302 : Smartphones are ubiquitous and open everyone who carry them to 24/7 surveillance. ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180302 : Tor Project Almost 100% Funded By The US Government FOIA Zero Hedge ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180302 : Putin's 'Invincible' Missile Is Aimed at U.S. Vulnerabilities ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180302 : Reaction to Russia weapons vs reaction to North koria weapon in US press ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : The US has shown nothing but developmental incompetence for some years now. No amount of forced science on special projects can compensate for the systemic failures of a naval fleet that can't steer straight, a trillion-dollar 5th-gen plane that actually doesn't work to 5th-gen standards, and the clear display of a Military Complex saturated with corruption. The gang that can't shoot straight is incapable of peer warfare. ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : Bye-bye carrier fleets in peer conflict. At 12 billion each. Still effective against third world ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180301 : TOR is not a panacia ( Mar 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180228* Perjury traps to manufacture indictments to pressure people to testify against others is a new tool of justice in a surveillance state ( Feb 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180226 : State Department Troll Farm Receives Huge Cash Infusion ( Feb 26, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180226* Why one war when we can heve two! by Eric Margolis ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20180224 : Web of stories designed to reinforce each other aka perception management. In both Google news and search engine the establishment viewpoint will come first, second and third ( Feb 24, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180224 : Russian Espionage, or Clickbait (1-2) ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180224 : Chuck Schumer War Hawk or Progressive ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180224 : Dismantle the Department of Homeland Security by Matt Ford ( Feb 21, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180224 : State Insecurity Why Are Top NSA Personnel Leaving in Droves by Kate Harveston ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20180223 : Deep State and the FBI Federal Blackmail Investigation ( Feb 23, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180223* NSA Genius Debunks Russiagate Once For All ( Feb 23, 2018 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180222* Bill Binney explodes the rile of 17 agances security assessment memo in launching the Russia witch-hunt ( Mar 4, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180222 : Ray McGovern's First Day as CIA Director ( Feb 22, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180220 : Hillary Clinton If I m President, We Will Attack Iran We Would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them. Global Research - Cent ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220 : ISIS Beheadings of Journalists CIA Admitted to Staging Fake Jihadist Videos in 2010 Global Research - Centre for Research on ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220 : War Propaganda "Fake News" and the Pentagon's Office of Strategic Influence (OSI) Global Research - Centre for Research on G ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220* Russophobia is a futile bid to conceal US, European demise by Finian Cunningham ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180219 : Kim Dotcom Let Me Assure You, The DNC Hack Wasn t Even A Hack Zero Hedge ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180219 : What the Arrest of the Russian Intel top Cyber-Crime Expert Has to Do With American elections ( Feb 19, 2018 , thebell.io )
- 20180219 : The FSB breaks up Russia's most notorious hacker group ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.rbth.com )
- 20180219 : Shaltai-Boltai's leader arrested by the FSB Crime ( Feb 19, 2018 , rusletter.com )
- 20180219 : Russian Lawyer Says FSB Officers, Kaspersky Manager Charged With Treason ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180219 : Fearless Adversarial Journalism Doesn't Work When You Are Funded By A Billionaire ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180219 : The Free Market Threat to Democracy by John Weeks ( Feb 17, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180218 : The FSB breaks up Russia's most notorious hacker group - Russia Beyond ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rbth.com )
- 20180218 : What the Arrest of the Russian Intel top Cyber-Crime Expert Has to Do With American elections -- The Bell ( Feb 18, 2018 , thebell.io )
- 20180218 : Moscow Court Sentences 'Shaltai-Boltai' Hackers To Prison ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180218 : Notorious Russian Hacker With Links To FSB Scandal Sentenced To Prison ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180218 : Making Sense of Russia's Cyber Treason Scandal ( Feb 18, 2018 , worldview.stratfor.com )
- 20180218 : The FBI just indicted a Russian official for hacking. But why did Russia charge him with treason? ( Mar 17, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180218 : Yahoo hack and Russia's cyber hacking ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.businessinsider.com )
- 20180218 : Opinion Fearless Adversarial Journalism Doesn't Work When You Are Funded By A Billionaire Zero Hedge Zero Hedge ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180218 : Both agencies were complicit in the most infamous assassinations and false flag episodes since the Kennedy/MLK Vietnam days. Don't forget Air America CIA drug running and Iran/Contra / October Surprise affairs. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180218 : And, what about all the foreign nationals who post here in this forum on this blog? I daresay most offer opinions not complementary of the US government and its political menagerie. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180217 : A Brief History of the Kremlin Trolls by Scott Humor ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : Empire actually don t know what Russia don t know or do know. It has to be noted that the Kremlin is very silent on this subject. May be becuase speaking of paranoiacs with mania of world domination is not such a good idea ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : The only member of Shaltay-Boltay left on the loose reveals details on their work ( Feb 17, 2018 , en.crimerussia.com )
- 20180217 : A Brief History of the Kremlin Trolls The Vineyard of the Saker ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : CIA Argues The Public Can t See Classified Information It Has Already Leaked To Favored Reporters ( Feb 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180217 : Trump has at least one thing right our post-9-11 wars have been a mistake by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.bostonglobe.com )
- 20180217 : In Trump's 2019 Budget, Lockheed Looms Almost as Large as State Dept by Jason Ditz ( Feb 16, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20180216 : A Brief History of the "Kremlin Trolls" by Scott Humor ( Oct 15, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20180216 : Moscow charges ex-FSB Kaspersky staff with treason 'in interests of US' lawyer ( Feb 01, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20180216 : Russians Spooked by Nukes-Against-Cyber-Attack Policy Consortiumnews ( Feb 16, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180216 : Mueller Indicts 13 Russians For Interfering In US Election ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : Where are these indictments ? Obama, Hillary Clinton, Victoria Nuland, Geoffrey Pyatt and John McCain. ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : What is the definition of a fake social media account ? What is the crime for operatine a fake social medial account? Is this the standard by which we will all be judged? ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : The source code shows that Marble has test examples not just in English but also in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi. This would permit a forensic attribution double game, for example by pretending that the spoken language of the malware creator was not American English, but Chinese, but then showing attempts to conceal the use of Chinese, drawing forensic investigators even more strongly to the wrong conclusion, --- but there are other possibilities, such as hiding fake error messages. ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180216 : Stephanie Savell The Hidden Costs of America's Wars by Tom Engelhardt ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180215 : How The Deep State Stopped Better Relations With Russia by Robert W. Merry ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180214 : The Lies That Enable Perpetual War ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : Trump's Massive Giveaway to the Pentagon by Daniel Larison ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : President Trump has pursued an agenda mirroring the police state operations of the FBI – only on a global scale by James Petras ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180214 : BuzzFeed Suing DNC For Proof They Were Hacked Zero Hedge ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180214* The FBI and the President – Mutual Manipulation by James Petras ( Feb 09, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212* The Age of Lunacy: The Doomsday Machine ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212 : Drug Wars, Missing Money, and a Phantom $500 Million by Nick Turse ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180212* Ike's Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex Is Alive and Very Well by William J. Astore ( Feb 12, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212 : A CIA Cyber False Flag by Federico Pieraccini. ( Feb 08, 2018 , wearechange.org )
- 20180211 : Fletcher Prouty's suspicions re Kennedy's assassination were later confirmed by Chauncey Holt before he died (there are several versions online). His recorded testimony proves the CIA/MAFIA connection(without knowing who gave the order). ( Feb 11, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180211 : Trump s Illegal War in Syria Is Getting More Dangerous by Daniel Larison ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180210* The generals are not Borgists. They are something worse ... ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180210 : CIA Paid $100,000 To Shadowy Russian For Dirt on Trump, Including Sex Video ( Feb 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180210 : Canons of color revolution in action: hundreds of thousands have pledged to take to the streets if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is removed, reflecting misplaced priorities and some fundamental misunderstandings ( Feb 09, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180210 : US military is the second largest US employer after Wallmart ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180209 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Syria Notes - 5 February 2018 ( Feb 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180206 : The War That Never Ends (for the U.S. Military High Command), by Danny Sjursen - The Unz Review ( Feb 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180202 : Lying, Spying and Hiding by Andrew Napolitano ( Feb 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180201 : FISA Frivolity FBI Warns Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Secret Agencies ( Feb 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180130 : One of the mysteries of the Snowden affair was why none (almost none) of the 40,000 employees of the disgusting 4th Amendment-trampling NSA blew the whistle on what they likely would have known was massive illegal spying. ( Jan 30, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180130* The Unseen Wars of America the Empire The American Conservative ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180130 : Rewriting the History of the Vietnam War, to the Detriment of Everyone Save the Military-Industrial Complex naked capitalism ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180130 : John Bolton Remains Leading Candidate to Replace H. R. McMaster ( Jan 28, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180130 : 3 Little-Known Problems With the National Defense Strategy by Michael O'Hanlon ( Jan 30, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180129 : Remarks by James Mattis on the National Defense Strategy by James Mattis ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180129 : America's National Defense Is Really Offense by Philip M. Giraldi ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180128 : Meet the CIA Guns, Drugs and Money by Jeffrey St. Clair ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180128 : The not-so-secret life of Mathilde Krim ( Jan 28, 2018 , mondoweiss.net )
- 20180128 : US MIC extract so many money out of the American taxpayers to maintain the US global empire that any former serviceman who was deployed in Europe for a couple years can see that many parts of US are overrated, crime ridden dumps even when compared to places in Eastern Europe ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180128 : Israel as a MIC lobbyist injecting some money they got via military help into the USA politics directly, or indirectly. ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180126 : Ukraine, Syria, Russiagate, the Media, and the Risk of Nuclear War, by Robert Roth - The Unz Review ( Jan 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180125 : William Binney About Released Secret FISA Memo: People Need To Go To Jail ( Jan 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180124* The FBI Hand Behind Russia-gate by Ray McGovern ( Jan 24, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180124 : I remember the day like it was yesterday ( Jan 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180124 : Congress is treating Americans like children over FISA memo Judge Napolitano - YouTube ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180122 : US Intelligence Could Well Have Wiretapped Trump by Ron Paul ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180122 : Trump Jr. on FISA memo Media, Democrats working together to deceive Americans ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.washingtonexaminer.com )
- 20180122* Pentagon Unveils Strategy for Military Confrontation With Russia and China by Bill Van Auken ( Jan 22, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180122* If Trump is an authoritarian, why don t Democrats treat him like one? by Corey Robin ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180119 : Our Potemkin Village - Antiwar.com Original ( Jan 19, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180118 : Mathilde Krim = backdoor connection LBJ and Ben-Gurion by by Steven Gaal , ( Jun 09, 2010 , educationforum.ipbhost.com )
- 20180117* Neoconning the Trump White House by Kelley Beaucar Vlahos ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180117 : Leftist musician Moby claims CIA asked him to post about Trump and Russia...and did so ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180116* The Russia Explainer ( Apr 04, 2017 , russiaexplainer.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180116 : Watch A Sitting Congresswoman Shred The MSM Narrative In Under A Minute ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180116 : How One Employee Pushed The Wrong Button And Unleashed Doomsday Panic Across Hawaii Zero Hedge ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180115* CIA had an agent at a newspaper in every world capital at least since 1977 ( Jan 14, 2018 ) [Recommended]
- 20180114 : Militarism and empire building means devastation at home ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180114 : By default I block Google and its octopus of websites as third party sites on websites I visit. ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180114 : The US could have had a visionary reformer in JFK but unfortunately he was prematurely decommissioned by the deep state but Trump is light years behind JFK in intellect and articulation. ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180113 : RIP Marc Raskin, Who Connected the Dots Between Inequality and War ( Jan 13, 2018 , fpif.org )
- 20180102* The Still-Missing Evidence of Russia-gate by Dennis J. Bernstein ( Jan 02, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : False flag attacks using sharpshooters as a standard instrument of color revolutions ( Jan 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180102* Neocon warmongers should be treated as rapists by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102* Jill Stein in the Cross-hairs by Mike Whitney ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : BOOK REVIEW: America s War for the Greater Middle East by Andrew J. Bacevich by David Rohde ( Apr 15, 2016 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20171231* How America Spreads Global Chaos by Nicolas J.S. Davies ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171230 : Not a single officer resigned in protest despite the fact that the US is deeply in bed with ISIS and those who are responsible, at least according to the official conspiracy theory, for 9/11 ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171229 : Hunt s Deathbed Confession Reveals JFK Killers ( Dec 29, 2017 , rense.com )
- 20171229 : E. Howard Hunt, Agent Who Organized Botched Watergate Break-In, Dies at 88 - The New York Times ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20171229 : Watergate Burglar Howard Hunt Was William Buckley's Deep Throat ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20171229 : Are E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis JFK Assassins ( Dec 29, 2017 , posc.mu.edu )
- 20171229 : Confession of Howard Hunt ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.maryferrell.org )
- 20171228 : I think many British journalists work for the British secret service, and they were recruited at university and slotted into journalist employment ( Sep 15, 2012 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171228* How CrowdStrike placed malware in DNC hacked servers by Alex Christoforou ( Dec 28, 2017 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171228* From Snowden To Russia-gate - The CIA And The Media ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171228 : When GG acquired apparently exclusive stewardship of the Snowden trove, one of my first thoughts was, "If there's anything in Snowden's documents that contradict or cast doubt upon the official 9/11 narrative, Glenn will be careful to put it on the bottom of the pile and keep it there." I still believe this ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171228 : Was Snowden a double agent or not ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171227 : The remarkable thing is to see the complete disappearance of the anti-war left. ( Dec 27, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171224 : Evidence of Google blacklisting of left and progressive sites continues to mount - World Socialist Web Site ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.wsws.org )
- 20171224 : Next Phase in Forcing Biometric Tracking on Consumers by Don Quijones ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171224 : De Facto Travel Restrictions Now Exist For Americans by Paul Craig Roberts ( Dec 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171222* When Sanity Fails - The Mindset of the Ideological Drone by The Saker ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171222 : Facebook Handing Over More Info To US Government This Is What Facebook Was Designed To Do Zero Hedge ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171220 : It seems like the intelligence agencies are spending more time monitoring politicians and public than Al Queda. ( Mar 23, 2017 , )
- 20171219* Do not Underestimate the Power of Microfoundations ( Apr 04, 2015 , Economist's View ) [Recommended]
- 20171218 : Gaius Publius: Explosive WikiLeaks Release Exposes Massive, Aggressive CIA Cyber Spying, Hacking Capability ( Mar 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171218 : Prepare! Pursue!! Prevail!!! by Brian Cloughley ( Dec 15, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171214 : Tech Giants Trying to Use WTO to Colonize Emerging Economies ( Dec 14, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171213 : 'You are being programmed,' former Facebook executive warns by Rozina Sini ( Dec 13, 2017 , www.bbc.com )
- 20171211* How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth by Robert Parry ( Jul 13, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* blamePutin continues to be the media s dominant hashtag. Vladimir Putin finally confesses his entire responsibility for everything bad that has ever happened since the beginning of time ( Dec 10, 2017 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* When Washington Cheered the Jihadists Consortiumnews ( Dec 10, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* Russia-gate s Reach into Journalism by Dennis J Bernstein ( Dec 10, 2017 , www.facebook.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171208 : AMERICA-HYSTERICA ( Dec 08, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171207 : Operation Mockingbird never ended ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171205 : It seems to me that the Intelligence Services have colonized the media ( Feb 09, 2015 , theguardian.com )
- 20171205 : Schizophrenic nonsense about Russia in Western MSM ( Jan 31, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171205 : One-Pager on Latest Developments in Russia (RF Sitrep 20150129) ( Jan 31, 2015 , Russia Insider )
- 20171203 : Is Washington the Most Corrupt Government in History by Paul Craig Roberts ( Dec 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171203 : Google clearly can not be trusted ( unz.com )
- 20171203 : Google Facebook Are 1984 - Tax Them 'Til They Bleed by Raul Ilargi Meije ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171201* NSA hacks system administrators, new leak reveals ( Mar 21, 2014 , news.slashdot.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171201* Neocon Chaos Promotion in the Mideast ( Apr 15, 2015 , antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171201* JFK The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty, Oliver Stone, Jesse Ventura ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Heritage Foundation + the War Industry What a Pair by Paul Gottfried ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130 : How Facebook and Google threaten public health and democracy by Roger McNamee ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171130 : How Facebook and Google threaten public health – and democracy by Roger McNamee ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171130 : Declassifying the Syrian Jihad CIA vs. the Pentagon ( Nov 30, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171129 : Google clearly can not be trusted ( Google clearly can not be trusted, Nov 29, 2017 )
- 20171123 : US-Israeli military supply relations - Symbiosis or parasitism ( Nov 23, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : MoA - Google Does Evil ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171122 : DECAMERON And Now, Calling to Start US War in Syria All Over Again ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171118 : State Department's New Victoria Nuland...is Just Like the Old Victoria Nuland ( Nov 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171118 : How Americas Deep State Operates To Control The Message by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 18, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171116 : Massive Overkill by William Hartung ( Nov 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171116 : William Hartung How to Wield Influence and Sell Weaponry in Washington by Tom Engelhardt ( Nov 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171111 : Why You Should NEVER Buy an Amazon Echo or Even Get Near One ( Nov 11, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171111 : Why You Should NEVER Buy an Amazon Echo or Even Get Near One ( Nov 11, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : Yves Smith ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : What part of your personal life can be deduced from your Web logs ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : What part of your personal life can be deduced from your Web logs ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : Yves Smith ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171108* Learning to Love McCarthyism by Robert Parry ( Nov 08, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171108 : Although most Americans today reject the official (lone gunman) account of the Kennedy assassination, they also have doubts about alternative versions involving CIA as the main culprit. This means the CIA program was successful, for its aim was not to sell the Warren Commission, but to sow uncertainty. Today, people are not only uncertain, they have given up ever learning the truth ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171108 : More 'Fake News,' Alas, From the New York Times The American Conservative by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171104* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Leads US President Trump to War with Iran by Prof. James Petras ( Oct 26, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20171104 : Duty, Honor, Atrocity ( Nov 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171103 : Neocons Push Dubious Paper To Allege Iran - Al-Qaeda Connection ( Nov 03, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171102 : JFK conspiracy ( Nov 02, 2017 , www.reddit.com )
- 20171102 : JFK Megathread conspiracy ( Nov 02, 2017 , www.reddit.com )
- 20171101 : JFK The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : The Secret Team The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World by L. Fletcher Prouty ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Don't feed the beast. Duckduckgo is a good alternative to Google. And Facebook and Twitter's revenues are advertisement based ( Nov 01, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171101 : They Killed Our President 63 Reasons to Believe There Was a Conspiracy to Assassinate JFK by Jesse Ventura, Dick Russell, David ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Jesse Ventura JFK Assassination Was A Coup D' tat ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171101 : Buckaroo Banzai ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171031* Above All - The Junta Expands Its Claim To Power ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171031 : JFK was taken out by a combined US Naval Intel and CIA plot. The beneficiary was the MIC ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : At some point, he was really furious and yelled:" Hey Dean, tell the bastard : if he won't behave we'll do him what we did to the Kennedy boys!" ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : "Read the CIA's Simple Sabotage Field Manual: A Timeless, Kafkaesque Guide to Subverting Any Organization with "Purposeful Stupidity" (1944) ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171030 : The JFK Files and the Real Conspiracy Against the Truth by David Stockman ( Oct 27, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171030 : The Deep State's JFK Triumph Over Trump by Ray McGovern ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171030 : Could Papadopoulos case be an entrapment ? This "Russian professor" looks exactly like the heroes of Nigerian spam letters ( Oct 30, 2017 , www.theregister.co.uk )
- 20171029* Whose Bright Idea Was RussiaGate by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 03, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029* Deciphering Trumps Foreign Policy by Oscar Silva-Valladares ( Oct 28, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029 : John Feffer The Real Disuniting of America by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171029 : In Facebook We Antitrust by Patricia J. Williams ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.thenation.com )
- 20171029 : The car was evidence. The evidence was obviously tampered with and removed from Texas before the state was done investigating a murder. ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20171029 : Customer reviews Last Word My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171028 : John Kerry I Have 'Serious Doubts That Lee Harvey Oswald Acted Alone' the Day JFK Died ( Oct 28, 2017 , parade.com )
- 20171028 : Then, suddenly, the document cuts off ( Oct 28, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171027 : JFK was taken out by the Deep State . ( Oct 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171027 : National Archives Releases Another 2,891 JFK Assassination Records ( Oct 27, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171027 : I am of the strong belief that any administration which comes into power in the current environment of nearly unrestrained executive authority, a lawless and sprawling intelligence agency complex, and a debt-driven, rent-seeking rewarding fraud economy should be assumed to represent a serious threat to the remnants of civil liberties and democratic elections ( Jan 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171025* Tomorrow Belongs to the Corporatocracy by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 20, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171025 : The McCain globalist-American Exceptionalism narrative is the steady injection of lies and half-truths so that the public accepts the unending demands for increased defense spending, accepting that the world outside is a dangerous place that must be kept in line by force majeur of US policeman. ( Oct 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171025 : Tell Me How This Ends ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171024 : The US lurches toward military dictatorship by Andre Damon ( Oct 23, 2017 , www.wsws.org )
- 20171024 : Our Quest For 'Absolute Security' Guarantees Forever War by Danny Sjursen ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171024 : The country's civilian leadership neither knows where the US military operates, nor dares to inquire. Wars are not declared. Those who lead them are not accountable to Congress or the people. The military is deployed at the discretion of the president and his generals ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171024 : Neo-Jacobins Demand Zero Tolerance, Or Else by Zachary Yost ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171024 : The Weinstein story was suppressed by Hollywood, using its legal and financial muscle to keep a lid on it until now. But there are also power centres in the US government that can dictate to Hollywood: the Pentagon and the CIA ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171023 : Why Trump Is Releasing the JFK Files by Adrienne LaFrance ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20171022 : John Brennan's Police State USA ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171022 : Silicon Valley is not your friend by Dan Crawford ( Oct 20, 2017 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20171022 : What Facebook Did to American Democracy by Alexis C. Madrigal ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20171022 : Who Can Blame McCain for Loathing Trump ( Oct 22, 2017 , washingtonmonthly.com )
- 20171022 : Trump and His 'Beautiful' Weapons by William Blum ( Oct 21, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171021 : Washington Funds Foreign Think Tanks That Blacklist Opponents of Neocon Foreign Policy by Ron Paul ( Oct 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171019 : Profile In Treason - The Unz Review ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171019 : The U.S. Military - Pampered, Safe And Very Scared ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171019 : Privacy is dead Get over it by Paul Croke ( Mar 24, 2015 , baltimorepostexaminer.com )
- 20171019 : McCain As Metaphor ( Oct 19, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171018 : Spy Schools How the CIA, FBI and Foreign Intelligence Secretly Exploit America's Universities by Nick Roll ( www.chronicle.com )
- 20171017* The Victory of Perception Management by Robert Parry ( Dec 28, 2014 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171017 : How The Washington Post Deceives Us About The War In Syria ( Oct 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171016 : Who rules this Facebook ( Oct 16, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20171015 : The Carter Doctrine at 30 by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 15, 2017 , www.worldaffairsjournal.org )
- 20171014 : Install a Complete Mail Server with Postfix and Webmail in Debian 9 ( Oct 14, 2017 , www.tecmint.com )
- 20171014 : The Deep State's Bogus 'Iranian Threat' by David Stockman ( Oct 14, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171011 : Antifa in Theory and in Practice ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171011 : Spy Spin Fuels Anti-Kaspersky Campaign ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171011 : Elite Hackers Stealing NSA Secrets Is 'Child's Play' ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20171011 : The Myths of Interventionists by Daniel Larison ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171010 : The Israeli algorithm criminalizing Palestinians for online dissent ( Oct 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171009* Dennis Kucinich We Must Challenge the Two-Party Duopoly Committed to War by Adam Dick ( Oct 09, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171009* Autopilot Wars by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009 : Masquerading Hackers Are Forcing a Rethink of How Attacks Are Traced ( Oct 09, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20171008 : Todays Republicans Democrats are just two sides of the same coin. We ought to just call them what they really all are -- Neocons. ( Oct 08, 2017 , steemit.com )
- 20171007 : Neoliberals seizes power with no intention of relinquishing it. Ever. ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171007 : Us can win against Russi or china but not both of them. And niether Russia or china would allow the other to be destroyed byt he USA. That means end of the US world ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171007 : Wars are costly and uncertain events even in case of overwhelming technical superiority that the USA still enjoys (against most non-nuclear countries) ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171007 : US Intelligence Unit Accused Of Illegally Spying On Americans' Financial Records ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.buzzfeed.com )
- 20171005 : "Die" The Unlimited Radicalism Of Antifa by James Kirkpatrick ( Oct 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171004 : The Trump-Goldman Sachs Tax Cut for the Rich by Jack Rasmus ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171004 : The American Religion of War by William J. Astore ( Oct 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171003* The Vietnam Nightmare -- Again by Eric Margolis ( Sep 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171003 : US military vehicles paraded 300 yards from the Russian border by Michael Birnbaum ( Feb 24, 2015 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171002 : High Tech Pork The Pentagon's New Wonder Weapons for World Dominion ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171002 : Presidential Candidates Push American Supremacy, Not National Defenss and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt ( Jul 09, 2016 , therealnews.com )
- 20170930* Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart. Is Skepticism Permissible Yet by Glenn Greenwald ( Sep 28, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170929 : Bernie Sanders To Democrats This Is What a Radical Foreign Policy Looks Like ( Sep 29, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170927* Come You Masters of War by Matthew Harwood ( Sep 26, 2017 , www.fff.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170927 : Philip Giraldi's Remedy for Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170925* I am presently reading the book JFK and the Unspeakable by James W.Douglass and it is exactly why Kennedy was assassinated by the very same group that desperately wants to see Trump gone and the rapprochement with Russia squashed ( Jun 26, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20170925 : Neoliberalism and democracy are incompatible. And they were incompatible from the very beginning, because neoliberalism is a flavor of corporatism, the Trotskyism for the rich ( Sep 25, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170924 : Trump allies see vindication in reports on Manafort wiretapping ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170924 : The New Monopolists While innovations in information technology have transformed how people live, work, and connect, the IT industry's growth pattern has contributed to a widening gap between rich and poor. ( Sep 24, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170924 : Donald Trump is now embarked on a Pyongyang-style military-first policy in which resources, money, and power are heading for the Pentagon and the U.S. nuclear arsenal, while much of the rest of the government is downsized ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923* Welcome to 1984 Big Brother Google Now Watching Your Every Political Move ( Sep 23, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170923 : The Nuclear War That Almost Was and the Man Who Prevented It ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170923 : MoA - NATO's Fakenews Russia Scare Increases Defense Waste ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170922 : The Sci-Fi Roots of the Far Right!From 'Lucifer's Hammer' to Newt's Moon Base to Donald's Wall by David Auerbach ( Sep 22, 2017 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20170921 : Why Isn't There a Debate about America's Grand Strategy ( Sep 21, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170920* The Politics of Military Ascendancy by James Petras ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170920 : America Is Getting Outclassed by Russian Electronic Warfare The National Interest ( Sep 20, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170920 : MIC bonanza from Trump: We will be spending almost $700 billion on our military and defense ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919* The Glaring Omissions in Trumps U.N. Speech by Daniel Larison ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170919 : Since the initial strike in April, the Trump administration has deliberately attacked regime or allied forces an additional five times ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919 : Senate Backs Bill to Pump $700 Billion into Military by Jason Ditz ( Sep 18, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170919 : Time for a Conservative Anti-Monopoly Movement by Daniel Kishi ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170918* Google was seed funded by the US National Security Agency (NSA) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The company now enjoys lavish partnerships with military contractors like SAIC, Northrop Grumman and Blackbird. ( consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170918 : Why Petraeus, Obama And Brennan Should Face 5,000 Years In Prison ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170917* The So-called Russian Hack of the DNC Does Not Make Sense by Publius Tacitus ( Sep 05, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917* Fear of deviation from political correctness is a powerful thing and such zeitgeist pervades America to an extent that people fear independent thought for concern that they will be deterred from upward employment mobility ( Sep 17, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917* Empire Idiots by Linh Dinh ( Sep 09, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917 : Mohamed Atta was allegedly training at the airport in the same town where National Enquirer had its headquarter so it would be easy to write juicy pieces about his life there ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170917 : Empire Idiots ( Sep 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170913 : Chelsea Manning: The Dystopia We Signed Up for ( Sep 13, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170902 : Social Media is A Tool of the CIA: "Facebook, Google and Other Social Media Used to Spy on People" ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20170902 : A Politically Incorrect Question About Our Fender-Bender Navy ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170901 : New Think Tank Emails Show How Google Wields its Power in Washington ( Sep 01, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170901 : McCain's Transmutation from Cautious Realist to Super-Hawk - The Unz Review ( Sep 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170830* The President of Belgian Magistrates - Neoliberalism is a form of Fascism by Manuela Cadelli ( Aug 30, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20170830 : Why Google Made The NSA by Nafeez Ahmed ( Aug 39, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170828 : As Prosecutors Submit Evidence, WannaCry Hero's Legal Fund Returns All Donations ( Aug 28, 2017 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20170826 : Why Google made the NSA Part 2 ( Aug 26, 2017 , medium.com )
- 20170826 : Exploring the Shadows of America's Security State Or How I Learned Not to Love Big Brother ( Aug 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170826 : How the CIA made Google by Nafeez Ahmed ( Aug 26, 2017 , medium.com )
- 20170826 : Even dating apps like Tinder used in industrial espionage like a honey trap to match an operative with a target. ( Aug 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170826 : American military operations are clearly increasing the risk to merchant traffic in the vicinity ( Aug 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170825 : A large more universally imprisoning threat looms that far surpasses war with bombs. Is it the use of technology and media ownership to reverse 1st amendment infringement against target people, to remove their writings and sayings and to deny others not only to access the expressions and documentations of the target person, but also to deny all others from even knowing such information and such person is even available? ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170825 : In the case of Information monopolies, removing available information and omitting it from search engine searches and public indexes, often start as a means to offer access in exchange for money, but soon evolves into using technology to control the entire information environment. ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : Vault 7 release includes revelation of CIA capability to allow it to misdirect the attribution of cyber attacks leaving behind the fingerprints of the very groups that the attack techniques were stolen from ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The biggest danger to democracy I see is not trade corruption between leaders of nation states, but on-going removal of available information from view of the common ordinary people (denial of access is one thing, but denial of awareness that certain information might exist is quite another ). ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The US army is the military branch of the US corporate neocolonialism ( Aug 24, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170824 : The use of intrusive technical collection and surveillance on diplomats, which sometimes causes harm in its own right ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The Military and the Monetary, use the media as intermediaries, they are determined to keep the citizens secondary, they make so many decisions that are arbitrary ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170821 : Debt based consum ption and speculation led to the roaring 20s and the debt deflation of the Great Depression. That created preconditions to fascism ( Aug 21, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170820 : The United States was never immune to fascism. Not then, not now by David Motadel ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170820 : Trump Loses Anti-War Aide In Bannon The Daily Caller ( Aug 20, 2017 , dailycaller.com )
- 20170820 : I believe you are onto something when you suggest that the US is becoming a state ruled by corporations. ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170820 : Documents reveal Italian dictator got start in politics in 1917 with help of 100 weekly wage from MI5 ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170820 : Fascism denies, in democracy, the absurd conventional untruth of political equality dressed out in the garb of collective irresponsibility, and the myth of "happiness" and indefinite progress... ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170819 : Vassal Aristocracies Increasingly Resist Control by US Aristocracy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170818 : Pentagon took over White house: The firing of Bannon leaves the Generals without an opposing view. They will no longer be contradicted ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170816 : Neocons Leverage Trump-Hate for More Wars Defend Democracy Press by Robert Parry ( 5 August 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170814 : MoA - Hyping North Korea To Relaunch Reagan's Star Wars ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170814 : Pentagon Looses Track of $6.5 Trillion Embezzled Unaccounted Funds at Expense of US Tax Payers ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20170812 : Googles new search protocol is restricting access to 13 leading socialist, progressive and anti-war web sites ( Aug 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170810 : Implementation of ideas of 1984 is in full swing ( Aug 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170809 : Fake News A US Media Specialty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170807 : The US propaganda machines has accused Russia of arming the Taliban ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170802 : Sanctions, smoke and mirrors from a kindergarten on LSD by Saker ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170801 : The New York Times Pushes Propaganda War Against Russia ( Aug 01, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170801 : Groupthink at the CIA by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170731 : How Romney Loyalists Hijacked Trumps Foreign Policy ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170730* Fascism Is Possible Not in Spite of [neo]Liberal Capitalism, but Because of It by Earchiel Johnson ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.truth-out.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170730 : Mainstream News Manipulation of US Public ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170730 : Fascism and the Denial of Truth: What Henry Wallace Can Teach Us About Trump ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170730 : Snowden dreams about better America ( Feb 15, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170729* Ray McGovern The Deep State Assault on Elected Government Must Be Stopped ( Apr 2, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170728 : US Military-Industrial complex seems rather stable, and it can be maintained with some modest number of conflicts around the world. This industry is mature, and the methods of creating and managing the conflicts, and vilification of adversaries were honed over decades, and the other industries are almost unaffected. ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728 : Did Allen Dulles CIA Murder JFK? The documents seem to say so. Will Trump release the JFK files against the wishes of the CIA? ( Jul 28, 2017 , whowhatwhy.org )
- 20170726 : Americas Militarized Police ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : What You Actually Spend on the National Security State by William D. Hartung ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170725* The Coup against Trump and His Military – Wall Street Defense by James Petras ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170725 : Dont underestimate how personally piqued McCain is over President Obama, taking McCains turn, when it comes time for a vote. McCain is a nasty man ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : McCain very clearly demonstrated who he is and who he actually works for when he chose Tundra Trash as his running mate. ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : July 25, 2017 at 2:31 pm ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : That automatically brought to my mind an image of the songbird of the Hanoi Hilton, John McCain, lurching up from his Senate seat, dagger in hand. ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170725 : John McCain: Homo Americanus ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170723 : MoA - Murder, Spies And Weapons - Three Fascinating 'Deep State' Stories ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170723 : Dismantling McCains Disastrous Legacy Should Now Be Trumps Top Priority ( Jul 23, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170721 : July 21, 2017 at 7:08 am ( Jul 21, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170721 : Is the CIA Reformable by Melvin A. Goodman ( Jul 21, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170720 : Empire of Destruction: Precision Warfare? Don't Make Me Laugh by Tom Engelhard ( Jul 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170719 : On Crapified News And Foreign Policy ( Jul 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170717 : This Is The Most Dangerous Time Ever Ex-CIA Boss Says US To Blame For Scourge Without Parallel ISIS ( Nov 23, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20170717 : CIA sought to hack Apple iPhones from earliest days ( Mar 10, 2015 , The Intercept/Reuters )
- 20170716 : William Astore on War as Art and Advertising – Antiwar.com Blog ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170716 : WikiLeaks - Vault 7 Projects ( wikileaks.org )
- 20170716 : https://fdik.org/wikileaks/year0/vault7/cms/page_2621796.html ( Jul 16, 2017 , fdik.org )
- 20170715 : How your phone and fitness band could end up giving evidence against you by Ben Lovejoy ( Feb 24, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20170714 : Americas War for Global Domination by Michel Chossudovsky ( Dec 15, 2003 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170714 : In the wake of the September attacks on the World Trade Center, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld created to the Office of Strategic Influence (OSI), or "Office of Disinformation" as it was labeled by its critics ( Dec 15, 2003 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170712 : The Syrian Test of the Trump-Putin Accord by Ray McGovern ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Putin Tries to Avoid a Wider War With the US by Mike Whitney ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Absolutization of human rights is a part of american exceptionalism ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170706 : These hacking claims, or any other claims for that matter is spread by deep state in relations with western media that in turn spread this disinformation to western readers equal money and support for the military-industrial thugs. ( Jul 06, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170705 : War As Foreign Policy by Lois Danks ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170704 : I Sure Hope That I am Wrong, But by saker ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170704 : Mourn on the Fourth of July, 2017 ( Jul 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170704 : Foisting Blame for Cyber-Hacking on Russia by Gareth Porter ( Jul 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170703 : What Would Putin Tell Trump by Israel Shamir ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : Corporations fall for the lure of power no less than a political class, and are many times better at it! The idea that "the free market" will check their activities, promoted by Libertarians, is surely as naïve as anything any Marxist ever said. ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : War for Blair Mountain ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : boots-on-the-ground report ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.stirjournal.com )
- 20170702 : It would seem that the CIA control of the USA media is complete ( Jul 02, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170701 : Deception Inside Deception The Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170630 : The Late Show team shot four or five pieces in Russia -- an explanationwhy the ageing clown Colbert went to Russia ( Jun 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170624 : Ukraine had ceased to exist as an independent country in 2014, with arrival of Nuland (ziocon) and Brennan (the CIA) ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624* The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Jun 10, 2017 , unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624* The Criminal Laws of Counterinsurgency by Todd E. Pierce ( Jun 24, 2017 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170621 : The CIAs principal house organ, the New York Times, published a lead editorial Sunday on the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election that is an incendiary and lying exercise in disinformation aimed at whipping up support for war with Russia. ( Jun 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170614 : Strange Oversight by Comey tells us a lot by Ray McGovern ( Jun 13, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170604 : Europe May Finally Rethink NATO Costs by Ray McGovern ( May 27, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170529 : Loesch Americans Are Tired of Being Manipulated Lied to by Mainstream Media ( May 29, 2017 , insider.foxnews.com )
- 20170524 : JFK Murder Plot Deathbed Confession Aired On National Radio ( Apr 30, 2007 , www.prisonplanet.com )
- 20170522 : The Russian Obsession Goes Back Decades by Jacob G. Hornberger ( May 20, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170521* What Obsessing About Trump Causes Us To Miss by Andrew Bacevich ( May 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170516 : The Real Meaning of Sensitive Intelligence by Philip Giraldi ( May 16, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170516 : Trump facing shark tank feeding frenzy from military industrial media ( May 16, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170421 : The Reason Behind The Sales-Surge For Nuclear-Proof Bunkers Zero Hedge ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170417 : US Attack on Syria Cements Kremlins Embrace of Assad ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170412 : With Bannon and Kushner not getting along, well, it's a slam dunk that Bannon's out. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170404 : Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel by Eli Lake ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20170402 : DNI Clapper Statement on Conversation with President-elect Trump ( Jan 11, 2017 , www.dni.gov )
- 20170323 : The FBI did wiretap Trump Tower to monitor Russian activity, but it had nothing to do with the 2016 Presidential election, it has been reported ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170314 : All Roads Lead Back to Brennan (wiretapping of Trump) ( Mar 14, 2017 , freerepublic.com )
- 20170314 : The House intelligence committee says it could resort to subpoenaing the Justice Department if it fails to answer its request for any evidence that President Donald Trump was wiretapped during the election. ( www.apnews.com )
- 20170314 : John Brennan, Obama and the Central Intelligence Agency ( Jan 06, 2017 , www.pipelinenews.org )
- 20170310 : CIA Leak Shows Sliding Down the Slippery Slope Toward Totalitarianism, Where Private Lives Do Not Exist ( Mar 10, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170306 : The shadow of JFK assassination: is the US Intelligence community trying to depose Trump ? ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170225 : The Conflictual Relationship Between Donald Trump And The US Deep State - Part 1 Zero Hedge ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170221 : Stockman Warns Trump Flynns Gone But They are Still Gunning For You, Donald by David Stockman ( Feb 21, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170204 : A color revolution is under way in the United States ( Feb 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170122 : CIA to be a single organization. It is more like a loose association, conglomerate of several feuding groups each with its own agenda and political goals, which drive the US foreign policy ( Jan 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170121 : The most dangerous moment in the US-Russia relations ( Jan 21, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170121 : http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/nyt-says-davos-elite-are-concerned-because-public-doesn-t-buy-their-lies-anymore ( Jan 21, 2017 , cepr.net )
- 20170121 : For the first time in the lives of just about all of you we are all less likely to see the most powerful nation on earth overthrow another government in the Middle East. ( Jan 21, 2017 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20170121 : NYT Says Davos Elite Are Concerned Because Public Doesn't Buy Their Lies Anymore ( Jan 20, 2017 , cepr.net )
- 20170101* The myth of pro-Israeli groups defining the US foreign policy ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170101 : National Security State Bulletin, 2016 ( softpanorama.org, Jan 01, 2017 )
- 20161230 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161121 : Chuck Baldwin -- Trump Supporters Must Not Go To Sleep ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.newswithviews.com )
- 20161120 : Most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161119 : Trump and the Neoconservatives by Jon Basil Utley ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161118 : I gather our President lectured our President Elect on the necessity to stand up to Russia. ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161115 : Over half of Ukraines population lives below poverty level ( Nov 15, 2016 , eadaily.com )
- 20161030 : Anatol Lieven reviews 'The New American Militarism' by Andrew Bacevich ( Oct 20, 2005 , LRB )
- 20161012* NSA whistleblower says DNC hack was not done by Russia, but by US intelligence ( Oct 12, 2016 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20161009 : Ukraine Is Going to Be a Big Problem for the Next U.S. President by Mark Pfeifle ( foreignpolicy.com )
- 20160914 : Noam Chomsky WikiLeaks Cables Reveal Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political Leadership, Noam Chomsky interviewed by Amy Goodman ( www.chomsky.info )
- 20160904 : Our Warped Debates About War by Daniel Larison ( Sep 04, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160213 : US intelligence chief: we might use the internet of things to spy on you ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160109* Allen Dulles and modern neocons ( www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20150530 : Rand Paul declares surveillance war and hints at filibuster for NSA reform ( May 29, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20150527 : Ukraine is now problem for both Russian and West, but West managed to score several points against Russia and do it relatively cheaply ( May 26, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150523 : Ukraines Bloody Civil War No End in Sight ( Mar 31, 2015 , The National Interest )
- 20150510 : Obama s Petulant WWII Snub of Russia by Ray McGovern ( May 09, 2015 , antiwar.com )
- 20150501 : There was heroism and cruelty on both sides: the truth behind one of Ukraine s deadliest days by Howard Amos in Odessa ( Apr 30, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20150404 : The majority of Maidan supporters are experiencing severe impoverishment instead of welfare bonanza from EU they expected ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150403 : Were not cattle Kiev protesters throw manure at US embassy ( Apr 03, 2015 , offguardian )
- 20150301 : US Pushes For Escalation, Arms Kiev By Laundering Weapons Through Abu Dhabi ( Mar 01, 2015 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20080818 : McCain's Mob Connections by Michael Collins Piper ( Aug 18, 2008 , www.americanfreepress.net )
- 20041116 : Spy vs. Spy - The spooks play the press by Jack Shafer ( Nov 16, 2004 , slate.com )
GuyM x Ignored says:
In support of RRC, I looked up their agency expenses, and found they are less than $50
million. That's to pay for keeping up with almost a half million oil and gas wells, thousands
of operators, and multiple other duties, including taking care of a significant amount of
State income. There is a grand total of about 725 employees. Hats off!
Longtimber x Ignored says:
Could have 1/2 of a F35 not including Fuel.
Like that scene in Orwell's 1984 where the Party switches official enemies right in
the middle of the Hate Week rally, the War on Terror was officially canceled and replaced by
the War on Populism. Or all right, it wasn't quite that abrupt. But seriously, go back and scan
the news. Note how the "Islamic terrorist threat" we had been conditioned to live in fear of on
a daily basis since 2001 seemed to just vanish into thin air. Suddenly, the "existential
threat" we were facing was "neo-nationalism," "illiberalism," or the pejorative designator du
Last year, these were the ten highest income tax states, according to
TurboTax (*These rates do not include local taxes.):
"... Mitt Romney, Commander of the Fake Internationalists Newly-inaugurated Senator has been promoted to standard-bearer for the bipartisan War Party, filling in for John McCain. ..."
"... Washington Post ..."
"... Doug Bandow is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute. A former special assistant to President Ronald Reagan, he is author of ..."
Mitt Romney, Commander of the Fake
Internationalists Newly-inaugurated Senator has been promoted to standard-bearer for the
bipartisan War Party, filling in for John McCain.
John_M , ,
January 9, 2019 at 11:06 pm
No surprise: Senator Mitt Romney does not like President Donald Trump, as he recently
explained in The Washington Post . But what, one wonders, was the former GOP
presidential candidate thinking two years ago when he supped with the man he now claims to
deplore while seeking an appointment as secretary of state?
Much of Romney's complaint is over manners. Yes, the president is a boor. Most people,
including many of Trump's supporters, recognize that. Trump won not because of his etiquette
but because of what he stood for -- and against.
Romney also defended The Blob, Washington's bipartisan foreign policy establishment. In his
article attacking the president, he offered the usual vacuous bromides that characterize the
interventionist consensus, which poses as internationalism but with plenty of bombing raids,
illegal occupations, and nation-building. Most importantly, this perspective presumes permanent
American domination, irrespective of cost.
Romney wrote: "America has long been looked to for leadership. Our economic and military
strength was part of that, of course, but our enduring commitment to principled conduct in
foreign relations, and to the rights of all people to freedom and equal justice, was even more
esteemed." Indeed, "The world needs American leadership, and it is in America's interest to
provide it. A world led by authoritarian regimes is a world -- and an America -- with less
prosperity, less freedom, less peace."
In fact, Romney appears more committed to dependence on allies than American leadership. For
him, these are two sides of the same coin. The only alternative he sees to Washington in
control is the bad guys leading.
Related is Romney's apparent belief that foreign policy is fixed, irrespective of
circumstance: the very same U.S.-dominated alliances created in 1950 are needed today. Although
America's friends have raced ahead economically, politically, even militarily, Washington must
forever treat them as helpless derelicts. For instance, Russia, a weakened declining power,
faces the U.S. and Europe -- which together have more than 20 times its GDP. Yet Romney sees
Moscow as the greatest threat facing America. It is 1945 all over again.
Romney's most important omission is Iraq. After the war there turned bad, he remained silent
about his support for it. The Iraq disaster is an important reason why Trump won and other
Republicans, including Romney, lost. In 2008, Americans rejected John McCain, the very symbol
of promiscuous war-making. Four years later, Romney criticized President Barack Obama for
leaving Iraq too soon, by which the Republican nominee probably meant leaving at any time. In
saying he would keep more troops in Iraq, he ignored the fact that the Iraqis had refused to
negotiate a status of forces agreement with the Bush administration.
Romney also failed to mention Afghanistan, both as a presidential candidate in 2012 and
senator in 2019. After all, what good can be said for entering the 18th year of nation-building
in a region of little strategic interest? As for Syria, last November, Romney predictably
denounced as "recklessness in the extreme" exiting a multi-sided civil war in a country never
important to America.Whose Side is
Mitt Romney On? Robert
Kagan's Jungle Book of Forever War
Now Romney is being touted as the new standard-bearer for the bipartisan War Party, filling
in for John McCain. Bloomberg columnist Hal Brands theorized that Romney was attempting to
"position himself as heir to John McCain as the congressional conscience of U.S. diplomacy"
(defined as advocating policies designed to prolifically kill and destroy).
Towards this effort, Romney is articulating "a renewed Republican internationalism based on
opposition to aggressive authoritarian regimes." Brands celebrates Romney's Russophobia, saying
he "deserves credit for being anti-Russia before being anti-Russia was cool." No hint that the
U.S. might have contributed to Moscow's hostility through the aggressive "internationalism" of
Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama -- violating commitments not to
expand NATO, dismantling Moscow's Slavic friend Serbia, and encouraging violent regime change
against an elected government that neighbored Russia. After all, equivalent Russian
intervention in Mexico would have triggered an extremely hostile reaction in Washington.
Neoconservative Max Boot lauded Romney for throwing "down the gauntlet to President Trump."
Indeed, argued Boot, "it now falls upon Romney to champion the cause of principled conservatism
in Washington." Boot hoped the freshman senator would lead a general opposition and seemed
especially pleased at Romney's support for the interventionist status quo.
Yet the passion-less Romney is a poor substitute for the perennially angry McCain. It is
difficult to imagine Romney leading Lindsey Graham and Joseph Lieberman on another apocalyptic
ride, demanding that death and destruction be visited upon an enemy du jour. Indeed, Romney
admitted as much, complained The New York Times , which noted that he said he
"would only speak out against Mr. Trump on issues of 'great significance,' which means not
Worse, Romney is a typical denizen of Washington and lacks any connection to the disastrous
consequences of his policies. Give McCain credit: he and his sons served in the military. Not
Romney. He received four deferments during the Vietnam War, explaining that he "had other
plans." This sounds eerily like Dick Cheney, who said his five deferments reflected "other
Moreover, none of Romney's five sons served. That is, of course, their prerogative. But
their decision further insulated Romney from any consequences of his policies. His response to
questions about their lack of service: "One of the ways my sons are showing support for our
nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president." Did Romney
believe working for him was as dangerous as fighting Iraqi insurgents in Fallujah? Or that his
personal interest in winning the election was as important as the nation winning a war?
My friend William Smith at the Center for the Study of Statesmanship at Catholic University
argued that Romney's article "is another clear sign that the bipartisan political establishment
is largely oblivious to the terrible tragedy of wartime casualties disproportionately inflicted
on certain communities." Candidate Trump did particularly well in states that so suffered.
Complained Smith: "What is astonishing is that, after all this tragedy, Romney offers only
cliched neoconservative bromides to the many heartbroken communities across the nation."
However, The Blob, which dominates foreign policy under both parties, poses an even larger
problem. These policymakers consider permanent war to be America's natural condition. They seek
to suppress dissident views to ensure united support for permanent war. Anyone who hesitates to
back every proposed new intervention is demonized and marginalized.
The favorite technique, recently employed by Frederick Kagan in The Hill, is to call
opponents, irrespective of their actual positions, "isolationists." Thus did Kagan urge left
and right "internationalists" -- meaning military interventionists -- to work together to
defend "the principle that the United States must remain actively engaged in the world," by
which he meant warring without end on multiple countries.
Exclaimed Kagan: "The isolationists who have condemned the United States involvement in the
Middle East and the rest of the world for decades are about to get their wish. We will witness
what the world looks like when left to its own devices."
Egads. Imagine what might have happened had the U.S. not intervened in the Lebanese Civil
War, armed Turkey to kill tens of thousands of Kurds and destroy thousands of Kurdish villages,
invaded Iraq and triggered sectarian conflict, fostered civil war in Libya and the chaos that
followed, supported decades of violent occupation over millions of Palestinians by Israel,
backed murderous Saudi Arabia in Bahrain and Yemen, supported a coup against Iran's
democratically elected government and a brutal invasion backed by chemical weapons against
Iran's Islamist regime, actively underwritten tyranny across the Middle East, and tried to sort
out the Syrian Civil War. Something bad might have happened.
In Syria, Kagan views as "isolationist" the withdrawal of an illegal military deployment
that risks violent confrontation with Syria, Turkey, Iran, and Russia over minor stakes. In
contrast, "internationalism" means war everywhere all the time, especially in a country like
Trump, complained Kagan, is leaving "Afghanistan for no clear reason whatsoever." No reason
other than Washington long ago having achieved its objective of degrading and displacing
al-Qaeda and punishing the Taliban for hosting al-Qaeda. And eventually having recognized,
after more than 17 years passed, trillions of dollars were spent, and thousands of lives were
lost, that using force to create a liberal democracy in Central Asia is a fool's errand. Why
It has oft been recognized that Donald Trump is a flawed vehicle to achieve almost any
foreign policy end. However, he still possesses far more common sense than Mitt Romney. It is
time to rescue "internationalism" from those who love humanity so much that they would destroy
the world in order to save it.
Doug Bandow is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute. A former special assistant to
President Ronald Reagan, he is author of Foreign Follies: America's New Global Empire
. MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
Attack of the Pork
Does It Really Matter If North Korea Denuclearizes? Hide 20 comments 20
Responses to Mitt Romney, Commander of the Fake Internationalists
January 9, 2019 at 11:01 pm
"No reason other than Washington long ago having achieved its objective of degrading and
displacing al-Qaeda and punishing the Taliban for hosting al-Qaeda."
One should avoid the back pedal here. the Taliban did not host Al Quaeda in the manner
your reference suggests.
I truly voted against Romney when he ran for president because of his omnidirectional
belligerence. I also didn't like his vulture capitalism style (and I did technical due
diligence for venture capital activities as a side line).
Own Goal , ,
January 10, 2019 at 2:22 am
I don't see that he has gotten any wiser.
Romney just guaranteed that he won't get the nomination. Amazing, really, stupid and
steve mckinney , ,
January 10, 2019 at 2:48 am
He could at the least have shown a little "growth" in the direction of populist disgust with
the wasteful, reckless, failed wars, not to mention concerns about the growth of government and
corporate mass surveillance of the public, and the continuing unholy collaboration between Wall
Street, Silicon Valley, and Washington in ripping off taxpayers and importing cheap labor to
take American jobs.
Not Mitt. He seems to think he's running for president of our utterly discredited,
Let's all thank the knuckle-headed Utahns for delivering another unimaginative empty suit to
the Nation's State House. Sure, Trump is often a boor, and unmistakably human, but give me a
man-child with conviction and Devil-may-care determination over a dapper dolt whose ideas are
contrived platitudes and whose passion is a Macbeth-like obsession with stature and power any
day of the week and twice on Sunday. Well written Mr. Bandow! Keep fighting the good fight.
polistra , ,
January 10, 2019 at 4:10 am
I get the sense that the "isolationist" line doesn't work any more. It was a commonly used
rhetorical weapon 10 years ago, and it effectively silenced opposition. Now it's not used much,
and it seems to be ignored or derided when it is used. Most Americans understand now that
maintaining and expanding an empire is destroying us.
Aunt Lila , ,
January 10, 2019 at 7:44 am
You really don't get Romney, do you. Who are you to decided what anyone sees or feels. Do you
think you could use the word seems like a professional journalist. I don't construeDan Green , ,
January 10, 2019 at 8:12 am
Romney that way. You SEEM to put words in his mouth and thought in his head. Please be
My take is Mitt see's himself as a Gerald Ford calming effect, for this 4 year disruption, the
Swamp battles with. The Deep state needs an impeachment win and soon. With that said it will be
ever difficult for the Beltway to change Americans perception , they don't trust the
Kolya Krassotkin , ,
January 10, 2019 at 10:23 am
For someone so smart Romney should realize that Americans will reject him (again), when he
takes up the mantle of McCain (again) as quickly as they did the last time. But that he fails
to realize that substance trumps form, which is why 67 million Americans voted for the
President, demonstrates what a shallow narcisst and sociopath he is. I mean, it's okay to rob
your neighbor so long as you say "please" and "thank you," isn't it?
J. , ,
January 10, 2019 at 11:31 am
The writer states: "Now Romney is being touted as the new standard-bearer for the bipartisan
War Party, filling in for John McCain."
prodigalson , ,
January 10, 2019 at 1:21 pm
I believe The "War Party" are:
"The Maniacs of Militarism"
The maniacs of militarism are creating wars
Countries are bombed by warmongering whores
Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen and other countries too
Are hell holes of the earth, "The work," of this insane crew
Enabled by politicians in positions of power
These well dressed war criminals hide and cower
The generals salute their political masters
Then the brainwashed obey these bemedaled disasters
Cities are destroyed and reduced to rubble
Where are the perpetrators that created all this trouble?
They are residing in luxury and given fancy titles
War crimes trials are needed, and are so vital
But this is not happening: the system is corrupted
And these evil beings, by some are worshiped
Blood-soaked villains that never do the fighting
They are the "experts" that do the inciting
They are the producers of death and destruction
Others are profiteers of all the bloody actions
Missiles, bombs and horrendous weapons
There is no end to the endless aggression
Millions are dead, and millions are homeless
Millions are refugees, and all this is atrocious
Once they had jobs, families, and homes as well
Then their countries were bombed by the agents from hell
Setting the world on fire is what these war arsonists do
The money for their depredations comes from me and you
They have made us all accessories to their criminal acts
Our Taxes are the blood money and that is a fact
Will the people ever say: "We have had enough"?
And put all these villains in secure handcuffs
Then lock them up in maximum security prisons
Then, we can say "goodbye" to the maniacs of militarism
[more info at link below]
"More War "
More war is needed to keep armies trained and employed
More wars are needed so that countries can be destroyed
More killing, bombing, destruction and death
More of this is needed until the victims have nothing left
[read more at link below]
Romney is such an empty suit i'm not sure if he isn't weakening his position just by virtue
that, he Romney, supports it.
One Guy , ,
January 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Does this guy inspire anyone to any emotion other than revulsion? Along with Hillary, they
both strike me both as elites who want to become president, not from any actual passions or
desires, but because they've run out of other things to add to their C.V.
The only thing I can say with certainty that Mitt Romney believes in, is Mitt Romney. So I'm
intensely skeptical that ANYONE in America, aside from the most firebrand resistance types, are
going to take anything coming out of this corporate drone's mouth with any seriousness. And
even for the resistance types the support would equally follow a labrador retriever, just so
long as it opposed Trump, so Mitt doesn't even have that thin thread of loyatly going for
I guess that leaves him with the neocons as BFFs. They're welcome to each other.
Why are we ragging on Romney? Is it because he had the audacity to criticize Trump? Shouldn't
we wait until he actually does something bad before ragging on him? Has he lied 6,000 times in
the last few years, for example? Did he refuse to rake the forests?
Mike Clements , ,
January 10, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Such trashing of Romney becomes a real challenge for me.
Tim , ,
January 10, 2019 at 3:34 pm
I can't decide if it's the fevered imaginings or the straw man arguments that disappoint me
I think Romney is simply miffed that the boorish Trump became president and he did not and
sadly, he may be running for president again. I think someone used the word revulsion about
Romney. I approve. It's ironic the boorish Trump isn't nearly as revolting as the urbane Mitt.
Jeeves , ,
January 10, 2019 at 4:09 pm
@Mike Clementsfabian , ,
January 10, 2019 at 4:34 pm
For me it's the straw man arguments that are most egregious. As an Arizonan, I knew John
McCain, and Romney is no McCain (whose like we will never see again, if we're lucky).
Just to single out one objection to Mr. Bandow's argument: Romney didn't refer to the SOFA,
which supposedly required Obama to abandon Iraq, for the very good reason that Leon Panetta,
who should know, has said that Obama, with plenty of time to do it, made no effort whatsoever
to re-negotiate the SOFA 2011 deadline. Panetta regrets this and so do I.
Romney is the epitome of the decay of the USA. Further, he shows the complete inability of the
Republican party to choose the correct casting. After Bush and Iraq they propose McPain. After
the Great Financial Crisis they propose Mittens. It's akin to cast Dany de Vito to play
Casanova. When Trump is gone, this party is finished.
Kolya Krassotkin , ,
January 10, 2019 at 5:06 pm
I approve. It's ironic the boorish Trump isn't nearly as revolting as the urbane Mitt.
Bacon , ,
January 10, 2019 at 10:11 pm
That Americans are revolted more by Romney than by Trump, in fact, speaks well for them. All
morally mature folk should be repelled more by a polite, urbane, well-scrubbed pirate, who made
his fortune destroying people's lives and wealth than by a loud-talking, crude womanizer, who
creates wealth and, in fact, shows his concern for the people below him more than the polite,
charming, well-bred pirate.
As I understand it, Romney's saying we need more Middle East wars, more Wall Street bailouts,
and more immigrants.
rta , ,
January 11, 2019 at 10:09 am
I think we already knew that Romney wants those things. It's why we don't want Romney.
Also, it's its unnecessary to counter Kagan's arguments. He's not taken seriously any more.
Too many bad and wrong judgments about important things.
@Jeeves, Obama would have stayed in Iraq if the Iraqi's had allowed us to continue to kill with
impunity. Thankfully, they said no. And why on earth would you regret us not negotiating a new
kswc , ,
January 11, 2019 at 11:24 am
Mitt Romney is the Republican's answer to the Democrat's John Kerry.
WorkingClass , ,
January 11, 2019 at 5:06 pm
If Utah has a problem with Trump they could have elected a Democrat.
Romney is obsolete. Never Trump Republicans are sinking in a tar pit. Romney cannot be
nominated much less elected even if Trump does not run. He can help with the impeachment of
Trump if it comes to that. But again, a Democrat would be more useful.
"... What's 5 billion dollars for a largely useless wall compared to this. The mind boggles. ..."
"... "People say the Pentagon does not have a strategy. They are wrong. The Pentagon does have a strategy; it is 'Don't interrupt the money flow, add to it.'" -Col. John R. Boyd (USAF Ret.) John Boyd (Fighter Pilot, Tactician, Strategist, Conceptual Designer, Reformer) died in 1997. ..."
Minnesota Mary , ,
January 11, 2019 at 5:13 pm
about:blankThose Porky Pentagon Earmarks Never Really Went
Away In fact, the new scheme is even more venal, underhanded, and wasteful. By
Winslow T. Wheeler
January 11, 2019
Hogue In past years, Congress has become notorious for adding dubious items we call "pork" to
spending bills. That way, senators and House members can advertise themselves to their
constituents as bringing home the bacon, while picking up a few campaign contributions from
thankful contractors along the way.
This practice was particularly notorious in defense bills, especially, and only became worse
during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. After they were exposed spending billions of taxpayer
dollars for earmarked projects like museums, artificial lungs, and VIP air transports for
senior generals, bureaucrats, and lawmakers, Congress supposedly reformed the practice of
earmarking -- first in 2007 by the Democrats in the majority, and again in 2011 by the
Republicans in the majority, who claimed to have banned them altogether.
In truth, both parties in Congress have simply swapped the pork system for a scheme that is
even more venal and underhanded. They've circumvented their own rules and are putting even more
pork in defense bills than before. They hypocritically proclaim that their bills are
earmark-free, while simultaneously boasting about the pork to constituents. They deceptively
pay for the hidden earmarks by raiding essential accounts for soldiers' pay and military
readiness, and they readily accept hundreds of thousands of dollars in political contributions
from the very contractors who received huge chunks of the billions of dollars that Congress
The new pork system is deceptive and complex. It took all of my 31 years of experience on
Capitol Hill to fully unravel it, with the help of some excellent research from two outstanding
watchdog groups, Taxpayers for Common Sense and the Taxpayers Protection
To explain, let's start with one of the more brazen acts of hypocrisy.
On October 22, Niels Lesniewski
reported in Roll Call that 10 senators from both parties announced
in a letter to the House and Senate leadership that they wanted to strengthen the existing
ban on earmarks and make it impossible for anyone to "bring back earmarks" as President Donald
Trump and others have
suggested . Their
new bill , they said, would impose even more serious procedural blocks on any earmark in
any bill. But the bill, the senators' press release, and their letter are a sham. Another
Roll Call reporter pointed out that gimmicks
and various porky items in a new
Department of Defense appropriations bill gave the lie to the idea that contemporary bills were
free of earmarks. And Taxpayers for Common Sense and the Taxpayers Protection Alliance noted at
the same time that the new DoD appropriations bill, just signed into law, was already stuffed
with hundreds of earmarks costing billions of dollars.
The explanation of Congress's new, more deceptive and expensive pork system starts with
that "America is being respected again" on September 28, while signing an appropriations
bill into law that provided $675 billion to the Pentagon. The bill was passed in the House
of Representatives with the vote of four of every five House members and in the Senate with
almost nine of every 10 senators.
Speech after speech credited the bill with solving the problem of planes that cannot fly,
ships with repairs delayed for years, and pay increases for soldiers who deserve more for their
One More General for the 'Self Licking Ice Cream Cone' Why
the Regulators Went Soft on Monopolies
Notably, Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois, the top-ranking Democrat on the Defense
Appropriations Subcommittee of the Senate Appropriations Committee, praised the bill he helped
to write, saying , "The
priority of this defense bill is supporting our troops . This bill shows what Democrats and
Republicans can accomplish when we work across the aisle to solve problems." The chairman of
the subcommittee, Republican Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama, who had an even larger hand in
shaping the bill,
said , "I am proud to present this legislation to my colleagues and urge their strong
The issues they didn't talk about
Despite numerous speeches in the congressional record praising the defense spending bill,
important details attracted not one word of discussion. The bill was riddled with earmarks, and
the very pay and military readiness accounts that member after member praised were being raided
to pay for it. This is hardly new. In my three decades on Capitol Hill, this behavior was
typical -- and even self-styled "pork busters" including, I regret to say, the recently passed
Senator John McCain, were known to participate. Despite the rule changes in 2007 and 2011,
nothing ultimately changed for the better. Today, the money flow for earmarks has greatly
increased, and the process that was once evident with a little inspection has been almost
What earmarks? The legislation has none; it says so. The joint explanatory statement (JES)
for the defense spending bill, which purports to clarify the statutory text, contains the
following on page two : "The
conference agreement does not contain any congressional earmarks as defined by clause 9 of rule
XXI of the Rules of the House of Representatives."
That rule defines an earmark as
spending specifically requested by a member of Congress for "an entity, or targeted to a
specific State, locality or congressional district ." But simply fuzz up the authorship,
recipient, or location of an added spending item, and it transforms from an earmark to a
"congressional special interest item." There are hundreds of those, most of them buried in
sparsely worded tables in the JES.
But these congressional special interest items are important: the conference committee that
wrote the JES went to some length to cite them to the Pentagon for special treatment; they made
the congressional special interest items subject to special rules to prevent DoD from reducing
the amount to be spent. That conference committee, appointed to resolve differences between the
House and Senate versions of the bill, consisted of senior members of the same House and Senate
defense appropriations subcommittees who wrote the original bills, such as Senators Durbin and
Taxpayers for Common Sense (TCS)
reported that 68 procurement programs in this defense bill received $7.5 billion in new,
unrequested spending, a large portion
going to the Lockheed Corporation. These are blatant earmarks, as explained by TCS, which also
pointed out that the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee added $5.6 billion to the
procurement account for these items, while its Senate counterpart added a more generous $6.2
billion. The bill was "compromised" by the conference committee at a level above both: $7.5
The Taxpayers Protection Alliance (TPA) tabulated
all the add-ons in the bill -- not just the 68 in Procurement -- above the Pentagon's
request. Again, the Senate Defense Subcommittee proved more generous than the House, and again
the final conference was higher than either subcommittee's recommendation. TPA found 679
earmarks costing $19.3 billion.
Pigs in a poke
Are these earmarks all pork, that is, poorly justified spending slipped into bills to enable
a member to boast that he or she can "bring home the bacon" for jobs back home or to appease
The authors of this bill don't want you to know. In the past, earmarks would specify things
like "Intrepid Naval Museum," "Fort Richardson Running Trail," or "Fort Huachuca Readiness
Center" as the recipient, and for a short period, committee reports identified them and their
House or Senate sponsors.
Now, none of that is done. Instead, sparsely worded tables contain vague entries like
"Program Increase." Many add a hint such as designating the increase for "modernization" or
"silicon fiber research." But there is nothing to indicate the state or district, the
contractor, or any other specifics. Hence, they do not technically qualify as "earmarks."
However, after the bill is law, congressional staff contact the Pentagon to make sure it knows
where the money is to go -- and what will happen if it doesn't.
The rules meant to reform earmarking have made the practice worse. It is now more opaque,
and it gobbles up more money than ever. The $19.3 billion TPA found in 2019 absolutely dwarfs
amounts that I and others, such as the Congressional Research Service and the
Against Government Waste , found in these bills before the so-called reforms took hold.
Perhaps the biggest joke is the recent debate on whether it would be a good idea to "bring
back earmarks." They never went away. The hypocrisy of the members who opine on this is only
exceeded by the cluelessness of the press and the president, who raised it as something to
ponder. Then there's the mendacity of those 10 senators who designed their phony legislation to
pretend earmarks are gone and must not be allowed to come back. The last section of their bill
reads as follows : "(e) APPLICATION. -- This section shall not apply to any authorization
of appropriations to a Federal entity if such authorization is not specifically targeted to a
State, locality, or congressional district."
Yes, you are reading that right: the bill exempts any earmark that fuzzes up the targeted
location, and under the existing system that would be all of them. The 10 authors of this fraud
are the following: Senators Claire McCaskill, Jeff Flake, Pat Toomey, Mike Lee, Ben Sasse, Rob
Portman, Joni Ernst, James Lankford, Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz.
Too big to be hidden
Despite the carefully applied opacity, some of the biggest giveaways and their authors are
clear. The House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee chairwoman, Texas Republican Kay Granger,
identified as behind $726 million added for six additional F-35Cs to be built by Lockheed
in her Fort Worth congressional district.
But is this an example of pork? Granger and official Pentagon witnesses would surely testify
that more F-35Cs are urgently needed. Others, including myself and colleagues at the Project on
Government Oversight, will tell you that the F-35 is an ineffective
boondoggle and is
not ready for initial operational testing, let alone expanded production. However, despite
many critical Government Accountability Office evaluations and embarrassing official and
leaked reports from
the Pentagon, the majority of Congress rejects such advice and welcomes more F-35 spending.
Pork is in the eye of the beholder.
However, such easily identified earmarks are few and far between.
$676 billion for the defense bill; the final Conference Report reduced that by $1.1 billion to
$674.9 billion. How was the additional $19.3 billion found by TPA for 679 earmarks stuffed into
a bill that cut spending?
touting the "largest pay raise for troops in nearly a decade" and claiming the bill
"improves military readiness," Defense Subcommittee Chairman Shelby, Ranking Member Durbin, and
other authors actually cut the budget for both.
the Pentagon's request for military pay, the Military Personnel account, by $2.1 billion.
That's right: while praising themselves for supporting higher pay, they actually cut the budget
for it. The request was $148.2 billion; the bill provided $146.1 billion.
Praising their handiwork on supporting military readiness, they
cut the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) request from the Pentagon by $5.8 billion.
O&M is a huge diverse account, but it is also the heart and core of spending for training,
maintenance, spare parts, military depots, and everything else that means "readiness." The
Pentagon requested $199.5 billion; it got $193.7 billion.
The way they cut both the Military Personnel and O&M accounts was notably duplicitous. A
veteran journalist, John M. Donnelly, reported
in Roll Call that most cuts were obtusely justified with explanations such as
"Revised Estimate," "Historical Unobligated Balances," and "Not Properly Accounted."
My own research shows $809 million of cuts in those "Revised Estimates." They are completely
unexplained in any text and neither committee report from the House or Senate appropriations
committees mentions any such reduction. They appear to have been an invention of the conference
When I worked for a Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittee member (Republican Senator
Pete Domenici of New Mexico), I observed staffers being instructed to phony up reductions with
just such a ruse. In one case, to make room for all senators' earmarks, the subcommittee
chairman, Republican Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska, directed the staff to use the earmark
dollar total to determine the cuts to be announced. I suspect this crude offset technique
underlies the "revised estimates" that appeared out of nowhere.
In both R&D and Procurement, they cut $1.5 billion using "Historical Unobligated
Balances" or "Historical Unobligations" as a reason. An unobligated balance is money that DoD
has planned but not yet spent: the program may be behind schedule, or it may be on schedule,
but the timetable for sending out the money has not occurred yet. Here, some unidentified actor
took the money away without a word of explanation as to what parts of the program were being
lost or why.
The "Not Properly Accounted" justification meant $706 million in unexplained cuts.
Another term in the bill is "Rate Adjustments"; they cut $124 million. How is this different
from "Revised Estimate" or "Historical Unobligated Balances?" The House Defense Subcommittee
contains not a word of explanation. The Senate
Defense Subcommittee report contains assertions of "Improving funds management: Rate
adjustments," but that is all the explanation you get.
Further indecipherable cuts included "Unjustified Growth," another $1.1 billion; "Excess
Growth," $468 million; "Underexecution," $134 million; and "Insufficient Justification," $35
Yet another ruse was to transfer $2 billion out of the O&M budget to Title IX of the
bill that funds the "Global War on Terrorism." But there, only $1.4 billion of the transferred
$2 billion is actually retained. The transfer is a shell game.
There are other ruses in other parts of the bill; the details are mind-bending, but you get
They were cutting military pay and readiness accounts so they could add to the DoD Research
and Development (R&D) and the Procurement accounts. That's where the vast majority of the
earmarks -- rather, congressional special interest items -- are.
In R&D they added
$3.9 billion to the Pentagon's request. The account went from $91 billion to $94.9 billion. In
Procurement, they added
$4.8 billion to the Pentagon's request of $130.6 billion. Some of the earmarks in these
accounts were huge. The controversial F-35 got over $2 billion in several earmarks, the
notorious Littoral Combat Ship got $950 million, unrequested C-130s got $640 million, and so
Other unspoken consequences
While money over the years was being redirected to earmarks, something very different was
happening at the other end of the world -- among our operating military forces.
On January 8, 2014, 29-year-old Liuetenant Wes Van Dorn died when his MH-53E Sea Dragon
helicopter, beset with maintenance problems the Navy had deferred, caught fire due to frayed
wires and a leaking fuel line. He had been battling for three years to get adequate spare parts
and much-needed refurbishment work to bring these old and unreliable helicopters up to
minimally safe flying condition. His was only one of
several lethal accidents involving the MH-53E resulting from inadequate maintenance, as
reported by Mike Hixenbaugh and others in the The Virginian-Pilot and in a
new documentary by investigative reporter Zachary Stauffer.
Such accidents resulted from raiding O&M money, such as in 2010 when, for example,
Democratic Defense Subcommittee Chairman John Murtha of Pennsylvania cut O&M by a
net $2.3 billion to stuff money into earmarks.
Advertising the earmarks they said didn't exist
Though their legislation proclaims earmarks banned, the authors of the defense bill changed
their tune when they self-advertised to constituents.
In a press release from his personal office, Senator Dick Durbin
declared , "From Rock Island Arsenal to Scott Airforce Base and Naval Station Great Lakes,
Illinois [t]his bill safeguards Illinois defense jobs by continuing investments in our state's
defense installations and initiatives." Durbin took credit for funding nine programs in
Illinois, costing $2.8 billion, most of it for Boeing -- headquartered in Chicago and the
producer of the Navy's F/A-18 Super Hornet and MQ-25 Stingray refueling drone.
Subcommittee Chairman Shelby
claimed he helped acquire $8.3 billion for 25 projects in Alabama.
claimed she helped win over $12.3 billion for Fort Worth -- including $9.4 billion for
Lockheed's F-35, $1.8 billion for Lockheed's C-130J, and $1.1 billion for the Bell Boeing
Note that they each claimed credit not just for their add-ons but for the entire program
expense, including both the Pentagon-requested money and money spent outside their states or
districts. For example, the C-130 is assembled in Marietta, Georgia, not Durbin's Illinois, and
the F-18's engines are contracted by General Electric in Ohio. In fact, the entire F-18 is
fabricated in Missouri; Durbin is advertising himself not to workers but to the Boeing
The ranking member on the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, Pete J. Visclosky of
Indiana, did not participate in these overblown claims. His website shows no press release
listing defense budget goodies for his Indiana district.
The under the table incentives
On the other hand, Visclosky was no shrinking violet when it came to accepting campaign
contributions from the corporations benefiting from the legislation's earmarks.
OpenSecrets.org, a project of the Center for Responsive Politics that documents federal
campaign contributions, shows that for his 2018 reelection campaign, Visclosky
accepted $347,933 from defense-related donors,
$59,800 of it from Lockheed . The $347,933 constituted 27 percent of Visclosky's
total campaign contributions , reported as of November 2018. For these and other efforts,
Visclosky is getting a promotion: with the Democrats taking over the House next year, he is
slated to be defense subcommittee chairman.
accepted $397,560 from defense aerospace and electronics donors, constituting 17 percent of
her larger total of
$2,371,044 in reported contributions. Granger's contributions from Lockheed were more than
The Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittee ranking member, Senator Durbin, does not run
for reelection until 2020. The OpenSecrets.org data on his last election in 2014 show that
accepted $236,549 from defense aerospace donors, making him the Senate's top beneficiary of
such donations at the time. Adding other defense contribution categories, he
took in $455,799 .
Senator Shelby's total reported defense-related contributions for his reelection in 2016,
before he became defense subcommittee chairman, were $334,800. Commensurate with his elevation
to chairman in 2018, he
received $1,048,000 , nearly tripling his defense-related total, and he is four years away
from his next campaign in 2022.
Granger, Durbin, and the others will resent any implication that their actions are
influenced by the generosity of Lockheed or other defense contractors, lobbyists, and PACs.
Indeed, campaign finance laws, as written by Congress, make it
hard to conclude that contributions illegally influence congressional decision-making, and
Supreme Court ruling makes it even more difficult.
The bottom line
All this adds up to a Pentagon budget process in Congress that is:Dishonest : The
bill and its authors proclaim it is free of earmarks, but it has 679 of them costing $19.3
billion according to research from an independent group. Deceptive : The bill's authors,
with huge support from the rest of Congress, proclaim their dedication to better pay for the
troops and military readiness, and yet cut those very accounts by almost $8 billion. The
reductions are arbitrary and vague, and are used to offset those 679 earmarks. The senators and
representatives circumvent their own rules on earmarks by fuzzing up sponsors, recipients, and
locations, making the entire process opaque. Hypocritical : Imagine the gall of nine
Republicans and one Democrat with their bill to profess earmarks gone and making sure they
don't "come back." There is nothing new about members of Congress posing as pork reformers and
actually being pork enablers; however, these 10 assume an unprecedented level of cluelessness
among the press; in some but not all corners, they were right to do so. Mercenary :
$19.3 billion in earmarks makes rich material for senators and representatives to advertise
themselves, with considerable exaggeration, as successful porkers for their states and
districts. They also accept hundreds of thousands of dollars from the contractors, lobbyists,
and PACs that benefit from the millions, if not billions, of dollars that the Pentagon never
All this is not illegal, but according to common English, it is venal.
Winslow T. Wheeler worked in the U.S. Senate for Republican and Democratic senators and
in the Government Accountability Office on national security issues for 31 years. After he left
the Senate in 2002, he ran the Straus Military Reform Project at the Center for Defense
Information, which moved to the Project on Government Oversight in 2012. He retired in
January 11, 2019 at 4:43 pm
What's 5 billion dollars for a largely useless wall compared to this. The mind
This is a rather long article but well worth reading. I am sick of the Washington 2-Step dance.
Ed Lindgren , ,
January 11, 2019 at 7:48 pm
"People say the Pentagon does not have a strategy. They are wrong. The Pentagon does have a
strategy; it is 'Don't interrupt the money flow, add to it.'" -Col. John R. Boyd (USAF Ret.)
John Boyd (Fighter Pilot, Tactician, Strategist, Conceptual Designer, Reformer) died in
Taras 77 , ,
January 11, 2019 at 11:16 pm
This is a solid article by a very respected critic of the obscene defense spending and weapons
programs. I believe Mr Wheeler early on was on this F-35 debacle, labeling it the flying swiss
army knife. (aplogies to the manufacturer of the knife and its fans.) Notable of recent are a
series of feel good reports that the F-35 is combat ready, etc. Hopefully, the pilots of the
F-35's will never have to face the real test.
EliteCommInc. , ,
January 12, 2019 at 1:26 am
Thank you, Mr Wheeler, for the continuation of exposing this fraud.
Deeply appreciated this article.
Brendan Sexton , ,
January 13, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Now that we are well into this new era of draining the swamp, we are all over our heads in muck
and democracy AND prosperity are in danger of drowning. Venal is awfully polite.
"... However, despite the signs, Goldman Sachs assumes the indicators are wrong and that "recession risk remains fairly low, in the neighborhood of 15% over the next year." The bank has predicted that the S&P 500 will finish 2019 at 3,000, up from the current value just below 2,600. ..."
Confidence in continued economic growth has been waning. A huge majority of chief financial officers
around the world say a recession will happen by the end of 2020. Most voters think one will hit by the end
of this year.
Now the Goldman
Sachs economic research team says that the
market shows a roughly 50% chance of a recession over the next year, according to
Goldman Sachs looked at two different measures: the yield curve slope and credit spreads.
The former refers to a graph of government bond interest rates versus the years attaining
maturity requires. In a growing economy, interest rates are higher the longer the investment
because investors have confidence in the future. A frequent sign of a recession is the
inversion of the slope, when investors are uncertain about the future, so are less willing to
bet on it.
Credit spreads compare the interest paid by government bonds, which are considered the
safest. Corporate bonds, which are riskier, of the same maturity have to offer higher interest
rates. As a recession approaches, credit spreads tend to expand, as investors are more worried
about companies defaulting on their debt.
However, despite the signs, Goldman Sachs assumes the indicators are wrong and that
"recession risk remains fairly low, in the neighborhood of 15% over the next year." The bank
has predicted that the S&P 500 will finish 2019 at 3,000, up from the current value just
ABU DHABI (Reuters) - United Arab Emirates Energy Minister Suhail al-Mazrouei said on
Saturday the average oil price in 2018 was $70 a barrel.
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and other leading global oil producers
led by Russia agreed in December to cut their combined oil output by 1.2 million barrels per
day to balance the oil market starting from January.
"Today we look at an average year of around $70 for Brent," Mazrouei told an industry news
conference in Abu Dhabi, adding that this level would help encourage global oil investments. An
energy ministry spokesman said the minister was referring to the average oil price in 2018.
I especially like the phase "This directive was particularly surprising in the context of
Canada's free market economy" That's really deep understanding of the situation ;-) . It is so
difficult to understand that Canada as a large oil producer, needs higher oil prices and it does
not make sense from the point of market economy to pollute the environment and at the same time
lose money in the process ?
"... Alberta's oil production has been cut 8.7 percent according to the mandate set by the province's government under Rachel Notley with the objective of cutting out around 325,000 barrels per day from the Canadian market. ..."
"... So far, the government-imposed productive caps have been extremely successful. In October Canadian oil prices were so depressed that the Canadian benchmark oil Western Canadian Select (WCS) was trading at a whopping $50 per barrel less than United States benchmark oil West Texas Intermediate (WTI). now, in the wake of production cuts, the price gap between WCS and WTI has diminished by a dramatic margin to a difference of just under $13 per barrel. ..."
"... The current production caps in Canada are only intended to last through the middle of this year, at which point Canadian oil companies will be permitted to decrease their cutbacks to just 95,000 barrels per day fewer than the numbers from November 2018's production rates. ..."
In an attempt to combat a ballooning oil glut and dramatically plummeting prices, the
premier of Alberta Rachel Notley introduced an unprecedented measure at the beginning of
December when she is mandating that oil companies in her province cut production. This
directive was particularly surprising in the context of Canada's free market economy, where oil
production is rarely so directly regulated.
Canada's recent oil glut woes are not due to a lack of demand, but rather a severe lack of
pipeline infrastructure. There is plenty of demand, and more than enough supply, but no way to
get the oil flowing where it needs to go. Canada's pipelines are running at maximum capacity,
storage facilities are filled to bursting, and the pipeline bottleneck has only continued to
Now, in an effort to alleviate the struggling industry, Alberta's oil production has been
cut 8.7 percent according to the mandate set by the province's government under Rachel Notley
with the objective of cutting out around 325,000 barrels per day from the Canadian
Even before the government stepped in, some private oil companies had already self-imposed
production caps in order to combat the ever-expanding glut and bottomed-out oil prices. Cenovus
Energy, Canadian Natural Resource, Devon Energy, Athabasca Oil, and others announced
curtailments that totaled around 140,000 barrels a day and Cenovus Energy, one of Canada's
major producers, even went so far as to plead with the government to impose production caps
late last year.
So far, the government-imposed productive caps have been extremely successful. In
October Canadian oil prices were so depressed that the Canadian benchmark oil Western Canadian
was trading at a whopping $50 per barrel less than United States benchmark oil West Texas
Intermediate (WTI). now, in the wake of production cuts, the price gap between WCS and WTI has
diminished by a dramatic margin to a difference of just under $13 per barrel.
Natural Gas Crash Isn't Over
While on the surface this would seem to be a roundly glowing review of the production caps
in Alberta, production cuts are not a long-term solution for Canada's oil glut woes. The
current production caps in Canada are only intended to last through the middle of this year, at
which point Canadian oil companies will be permitted to decrease their cutbacks to just 95,000
barrels per day fewer than the numbers from November 2018's production rates. The cuts are
a just a treatment, not a cure, for oversupply in Alberta. The problem needs to be addressed at
its source--the pipelines.
Unfortunately, the pipeline shortage in Alberta has no quick and easy fix. While there are
multiple major pipeline projects underway, the two largest, the Keystone XL pipeline and the
Trans Mountain pipeline, are stalled indefinitely thanks to legal woes and seemingly endless
litigation. The Enbridge Line 3 pipeline, intended to replace one of the region's already
existing pipelines, is currently under construction and
projected to be up and running by the end of the year, but will not go a long way toward
fixing the bottleneck.
Even if the Albertan government re-evaluates the present mid-2019 expiration date for the
current stricter production cuts, extending the production caps could have enduring negative
consequences in the region's oil industry. Keeping a long-term cap on production in Alberta
would potentially discourage investment in future production as well as in the infrastructure
the local industry so sorely needs. According to some
reporting , the cuts will not be able to control the gap between Canadian and U.S. oil for
much longer anyway, just another downside to drawing out what should be a short-term solution.
The government will need to weigh the possible outcomes very carefully as the expiration date
approaches, when the and the pipeline shortage is still a long way from being solved and the
price of oil remains dangerously variable.
By Haley Zaremba for Oilprice.com
RobinG , says:
24, 2018 at 4:59 am GMT
off mainstreet #BROWDERGATE
RobinG , says:
24, 2018 at 5:02 pm GMT
A perfectly good article, I'm sure, but why diffuse ourselves [and engender feelings of
fear and hopelessness as you express] when a strategic pressure point has presented?
Johnstone makes no mention of Bill Browder. Nor do the [100, so far] commenters.
BILL BROWDER is a key figure in the anti-Trump, anti-Russia hysteria. The notorious Trump
Tower meeting was about the Magnitsky Act, a fabrication by Browder to hide his financial
crimes. Browder "testified" in the Senate expressly to demonize Putin. Browder's contacts in
the IC, the Jewish Lobby, and the fawning media have enabled his propaganda assault this
week. He's appeared -- unchallenged, virtually unquestioned -- on countless talk shows. But
he's been running scared at the mention of interrogation by Russians. There are huge holes in
his story, made clear in his deposition in the Prevezon case. The truth will bring him down!
And perhaps his Deep State supporters, along with him.
Ask your Senators if they've heard/read Browder's 2015 deposition in the Prevezon
case. (See comment 161 under The Untouchable Mr. Browder? by Israel Shamir for
Research links to primary sources on #Browdergate --
How about Idiot AND Troll.
Yurivku , says:
24, 2018 at 5:26 pm GMT
BTW, have you seen "THE MAGNITSKY ACT – BEHIND THE SCENES" that Phil Giraldi
posted today? Debunking anti-Russian criminal sociopaths like Bill Browder will go a long way
to improving relations. Not to mention easing pressure on the unfortunate Trump.
Full research primary links available here, including Browder's 2015 deposition in the
U.S. vs. Prevezon Holdings case. Every Senator who voted to support Browder should see this.
[Any who already have, double shame!]
UWell, we here in Russia know all this (about Browder) for quite a time. What new did you
find? It's just one story in long list of those written and spoken for western idiots like
, MH17, chemicals in Syria and WMD in Iraq, Russian meddling in f-n US elections and so on.
Eat it all dummies.
23, 2018 at 12:40 pm GMT
Beast Yup. Furthermore, CIA is organized crime and organized crime is CIA. CIA recruits
and runs agents in favored criminal syndicates in every illicit trade: drugs, child sexual
trafficking, arms, fraud, bustouts, extortion, money laundering. Their purpose is not to
interdict the trade but to control it.
CIA manages transnational organized crime to top up their budget for unauthorized
clandestine operations, like killing JFK.
CIA protects its criminal proteges with their chartered impunity. They call off law
enforcement with the magic words national security or 'sources and methods.' If the plan gets
exposed, CIA's criminal cutouts insulate the agency from exposure.
RFK knew how it works. RFK junior explained the reason for RFK's focus on organized-crime
until CIA whacked him. That's why his book was made to sink without a ripple.
Evenfurthermore, CIA is the government and the government is CIA. Decades ago Fletcher
Prouty showed that CIA's deepest-cover illegal moles are embedded in our own government.
Every agency with repressive capacity is infiltrated with focal points, who report to CIA
handlers without the other agency's knowledge.
Of course Israel is trying to infiltrate it -- they understand the levers of power.
Assange has got some mighty stinkers in his insurance file. All we can do is hope they're
enough to destabilize the CIA Reich that has ruled America since 1949.
"... CIA is boosting the volume of its anti-Russian vilification because more and more CIA assets are getting flushed out. Stephan Halper is an obvious spook. Page is the corniest traitor since Lee Harvey Oswald ..."
"... Strzok has clearly got a dotted-line report to his real boss in CIA ..."
"... Publius Tacitus is incorrect, though, in making a distinction between the Obama administration and the intelligence community. Obama is a third-generation CIA spook he's a CIA spokesmodel, not a head of state (see Andrew Krieg's Presidential Puppetry.) ..."
"... To add to the list of things that the Russians had on Hillary . IIRC, she was Sec of State at the time the US election-meddling-and-color-revolution brigade tried to rig the Russian elections against Putin. ..."
"... Putin does not seem to be the sort to let emotion be more important than policy, but I've always wondered that to the small extent the Russians did take a pop at Hillary's campaign, if it didn't bring a bit of a smile to Putin's face to know he was just giving back the hits he'd already taken from her. ..."
Halper , says:
23, 2018 at 6:52 pm GMT
CIA is boosting the volume of its anti-Russian vilification because more and more CIA
assets are getting flushed out. Stephan Halper is an obvious spook. Page is the corniest
traitor since Lee Harvey Oswald .
Daniel Rich ,
23, 2018 at 10:35 pm GMT
Strzok has clearly got a dotted-line report to his real boss in CIA :
Publius Tacitus is incorrect, though, in making a distinction between the Obama
administration and the intelligence community. Obama is a third-generation CIA spook he's a
CIA spokesmodel, not a head of state (see Andrew Krieg's Presidential Puppetry.)
It's impossible to asses [correctly] who's influenced by what, but it seems that telling lies
doesn't work that well any longer. You can find some numbers in the following article:
Dies in Debt? US News Outlets Slashing Staff Left and Right -- Link to Sputnik.
Bill the Cat ,
24, 2018 at 12:06 am GMT
Excerpt : "A Pew Research analysis on Monday found that more than a third of the
US' largest newspapers and more than a fifth of its largest digital outlets experienced
layoffs between January 2017 and April 2018."
To add to the list of things that the Russians had on Hillary . IIRC, she was Sec of
State at the time the US election-meddling-and-color-revolution brigade tried to rig the
Russian elections against Putin.
skrik , says:
24, 2018 at 1:59 pm GMT
Putin does not seem to be the sort to let emotion be more important than policy, but
I've always wondered that to the small extent the Russians did take a pop at Hillary's
campaign, if it didn't bring a bit of a smile to Putin's face to know he was just giving back
the hits he'd already taken from her.
Hillary of course was incompetent in having America interfere in Russian elections. That
campaign never had a chance as Putin is a lot more popular in Russia than Hillary is in
America. So, she took a pot shot at a rival world leader knowing (or at least some smart
people did) that it would have no effect and that Putin would win that election anyways. And
of course Hillary the Arrrogant could never imagine that another player in the game would get
to take a turn, and that others might interfere in her election, and she knew she'd run and
she knew she'd rig the Dem party to get the nod, in the same way the NED and the Soros NGO's
tried to interfere in Russia.
Mulegino1 , says:
24, 2018 at 9:55 pm GMT
'ruling class', 'elites'
I share your sentiments [in a slightly different vernacular]; of course they, the usurping
'rulers' are neither a class nor in any way 'elite,' but who/what ever they are [jews,
oligarchs, 'simply' psychopaths or 'true' spawn of Satan], they do seem to be 'in control.'
Proof of that is the coordinated criminal actions of 'the West.'
Find "CIA is the government and the government is CIA" above; it's the obvious place to
expect a ccc = covert criminal cabal to establish itself. Add to that the truly weird concept
of having spies a) out of all control and b) with apparently unlimited power. We 'shall know
them by their deeds' which is almost unrelievedly a 'bad look.' Odd is that the 1st mention
of any conspiracy that I heard of was that of 'jewish banksters ruling the world.' We since
know that such was pilloried by the CIA, but it seems to me to be a case of the tar-baby: The
more they [CIA, jews] howl/deny, the guiltier they prove themselves to be. rgds
I would say that what is affecting the western establishment elites at this juncture is not
mere dementia but the madness which arises from acts of pure, hellish evil. These people are
the Gadarine swine of the contemporary era; a good portion of them appear to be Satanic
perverts and pedophiles, if we are to judge from recent revelations. I am not being
hyperbolic when I write that Antichrist's reign has been postponed. They had imagined it
would be installed by November of 2016 and this is driving them to despair. They hate Trump
because his election blocked their lord and master's ascent and they hate Putin because he
represents the great restraining power.
Cagey Beast ,
24, 2018 at 10:16 pm GMT
He's of course is a bone in DC's throat, but his level of intelligence and real power seem
to be extremely low.
Jeff Stryker ,
25, 2018 at 4:12 am GMT
Yes, he's a golden chandelier stuck in the belly of the Beast. I think he's quite smart,
in his own way, but can only do so much on his own. He also has some bad ideas and makes
enemies when it isn't necessary but he's still the only hope for change at the centre of the
Be that as it may, Romper Stomper took place 30 years after the Vietnam War began. The
reverberations of the war were felt in Australia long afterwards.
Jeff Stryker ,
25, 2018 at 4:27 am GMT
That's an armchair rugby referee for you, encouraging a Civil War in a country he's probably
never set foot. What do you believe would change its policy towards Oz.
Jeff Stryker ,
25, 2018 at 4:31 am GMT
If you remember when Reagan broke the air-traffic control union strikes and 30,000 of them
immigrated to Oz in 1981, what would happen would be that many qualified Americans would come
to Australia and take Australian jobs.
That's how such unrest would affect you.
At any rate, the US would still have the same grip on popular culture (If not financial
markets) and Vegemite would not suddenly replace McDonald's everywhere.
Also, though the Asians seem to slowly taking over your economy anyhow, if the US military
was busy suppressing a civil war and Asian countries might get aggressive towards you
The Asians might get more aggressive if the US military suddenly found itself preoccupied
with a Civil War.
peterAUS , says:
25, 2018 at 5:12 am GMT
Asia is taking over your country economically anyhow but they might get a bit anti-social
if suddenly the US were to lose all capacity to maintain its presence in your hemisphere.
skrik , says:
25, 2018 at 6:15 am GMT
RobinG , says:
25, 2018 at 6:18 am GMT
I know, for your types. Feels comfortable
Aw, don't go all wussy -- you're acting like a wounded suitor. I suppose it was my
rejection of your
I'd need to trust you and then we'd have a long chat somewhere in open public place
Similr to which you you offered Backstay
Have a quiet chat somewhere in a park, for example. Just two of us. Two
Try this google ; that the sort
of place you had in mind? It's also reputedly a secret entrance to an ASIO bunker but I
suppose you know that; I call attempted entrapment.
. ? ccc = 'great financial consortiums' ?
yurivku , says:
25, 2018 at 6:52 am GMT
"As a matter of fact, the composition of the governments is predetermined, and their
actions are controlled by great financial consortiums."
J. V. Stalin, Questions & Answers to American Trade Unionists: Stalin's Interview
With the First American Trade Union Delegation to Soviet Russia
Pravda September 15, 1927 ___________(h/t, J.S.)
standall , says:
25, 2018 at 7:39 am GMT
think he's quite smart, in his own way, but can only do so much on his own
But I think he's stupid, ignorant, spineless (as well as most of POTUSes), the only
difference is -- he's not completely belongs to DC. Probably it's better than if Clinton was
on his place, but who knows, Trump can make any stupid thing
off mainstreet I agree.
skrik , says:
25, 2018 at 9:31 am GMT
Anon  Disclaimer , says:
25, 2018 at 2:30 pm GMT
ccc = 'great financial consortiums' ?
G'day, q.possibly and glad you responded. Yeah sure, Stalin is 'close;' it's why some
suggest oligarchs, but it demonstrably falls a bit short. My ccc = covert criminal cabal,
each word of the highest significance; let's examine each one:
[COED:] covert = not openly acknowledged or displayed -- this is 100% true, since
they operate from 'behind a curtain' of deliberate secrecy. Not declaring who they are is a
lie of omission, then see after cabal below. Before moving on, let's consult Cicero:
mendaci neque quum vera dicit, creditor
= A liar is not to be believed, even when speaking the truth. That's never a 'good look,'
and leads to the next:
criminal -- self-evident, then:
[COED:] cabal = a secret political clique or faction. Øarchaic a secret
C16 (denoting the Kabbalah): from French cabale, from medieval Latin cabala (see
Finally [COED:] Kabbalah (also Kabbala, Cabbala, Cabala, or Qabalah = the ancient
Jewish tradition of mystical interpretation of the Bible .
I allow myself to propose an exactly apposite example of the latter: 'Xxx promised it to
us!' -- Where Xxx comes directly from some "mystical interpretation of the Bible." 'Nuff
More? IF it were only "great financial consortiums" THEN one would need to explain the
criminality, since I'm pretty sure oligarchs *could* work legally. Then, the 'normal'
consortiums' business is to 'make money' [and cheating and/or theft may be sort of 'normal'],
but the ccc goes *far* past that into [mass-]murdering for spoil, quite/most often for oil
and/or *soil* . The latter is within Nuremberg class = supreme international criminality.
That may complete the loop and explain why covert in the 1st place.
I wrote above that I would 'revisit' lies; here's a partial quote:
But it remained for the yyy, with their unqualified capacity for falsehood,
Feel free to 'guess' at the yyy, then I assert QED rgds
Great article. Good to read someone not suffering from dementia!
Jeff Stryker ,
25, 2018 at 3:00 pm GMT
EugeneGur , says:
25, 2018 at 3:18 pm GMT
Poupon Marx ,
25, 2018 at 5:05 pm GMT
Or who are the guys, in Ukrainian Armed Forces, presently engaged against Donbass?
Besides those in "volunteer battalions", which tend to be nationalistic with distinct Nazi
overtones, people in the regular Armed Forces are there for the money. There are very few
paying jobs in today's Ukraine, so men enlist and hope for the best.
the ratio hate/don't care shall shift, hard and fast. Not in Russian favor, I
That could've been the case in 2014. Today I very much doubt it. Even the Right Sector
people are fed up with the current power in Kiev, and even the dumbest nationalists are
beginning to realize what a deep hole the country is in. Normal people all over the
South-East are hoping and praying for the Russians to come. The problem is the Russians
The moniker "journalist" should immediately by banished by replacement of "reporter", as in
report the facts and observations, not interpretations or personal opinions.
Eagle Eye , says:
25, 2018 at 5:18 pm GMT
, says: July
25, 2018 at 6:51 pm GMT
I am not a Scientologist, but I consider [L. Ron Hubbard] to be one of the most
brilliant minds of the twentieth century
Interesting point. Serious question -- in your view, what else (other than psychotropic
medication) was Hubbard "brilliant" about?
Eye " In your view what else was Hubbard brilliant about?"
peterAUS , says:
25, 2018 at 6:53 pm GMT
Well for example his bizarre sounding concepts regarding the sources of mankind, and the
history of this insane planet, which are repeatedly ridiculed and labeled as absurd by the
PTB, who of course have their own turf to defend, and their own concepts which they do not
want to be brought into question.
Well can't say I disagree with the comment.Cratylus , says:
26, 2018 at 5:49 am GMT
Or, better, can't provide any concrete evidence to the contrary, especially re the second
The thing is, nationalism is a peculiar feeling.
So, while this
Normal people all over the South-East are hoping and praying for the Russians to
could be true, the rest of Ukraine could get into quite the opposite.
But, as you say
The problem is the Russians aren't coming.
so it's all academic.
Now, speaking of
people are fed up with the current power .
one could feel, probably, the same in Donbass.
Things aren't great there either.
In any case the conflict is there, frozen for the moment (not for the people along the
front line) and can erupt, again, when the US Deep State wants it.
Kenny If one wants a clear example of the Russophobic or Putinophobic hysteria infecting
the West, one need go no further than this demented fellow. And to that he adds a conspiracy
theory about the gangsters ruling over it all.
Uncle Bee , says:
26, 2018 at 12:06 pm GMT
Imagine if the WMDs get you attacked rule applied to Israel?
Jeff Davis , says:
26, 2018 at 3:17 pm GMT
You got it 100% Right my friend. That's the best reality-connected assessment of the Donald's
performance that I've read. I'm going to swipe it for reuse elsewhere. Thank you, and may the
force be with you.
26, 2018 at 5:58 pm GMT
Davis Glad you liked it. Yeah, go ahead use it any which way. BTW, my fear is that the
Donald may not be able to succeed because of the massive line-up of forces against him. The
whole lunatic asylum is out of their cages, snarling and clawing and planning all sorts of
stuff to bring him down. Let us wish him success.
Apolonius , says:
26, 2018 at 9:54 pm GMT
Jeff Davis , says:
27, 2018 at 6:24 pm GMT
Malcontent , says:
29, 2018 at 8:59 pm GMT
So standing up for American citizens is considered a "mentally insane" thing?
You are utterly and completely out of your mind, virtually from another planet, another
reality. A textbook example of insanity. The fact that you don't recognize it, simply
confirms the fact.
The Deep state is not, repeat not , the American people.
Regarding the Intel community: There are the guys in the trenches. these are honorable
guys. Then there is the leadership. The current leadership is on notice to behave itself, on
account of the new "Sheriff" in town. The corrupt politicized leadership from the
Clinton/Bush/Obama regimes however, now out of power, are attempting to overthrow the
legitimately elected president of the United States. In so doing, they are pursuing
Clapper, Brennan, and Hayden are already full-on war criminals: Iraq & torture. Now,
in their attempt to destroy the Trump presidency, they are adding betrayal of democracy and
betrayal of the Constitution of the United States to their criminal resume. These are evil
men who think it is their job to run the United States from behind a malleable (gutless?)
figurehead who does what they tell him to do.
As I said in my original post, it is fascinating to observe people like you, utterly
dominated -- brain-raped really -- by a neocon/neoliberal narrative that has reduced them to
robotic -- even willing -- slaves of the 1%. Good for you. Enjoy. The others, who prefer
self-mastery to self-enslavement, will benefit from your choice of enslavement.
That is what all of this boils down to; Trump treating Americans like s*hit in front of
the whole world, while praising Russia and Russians.
The IC war criminals/traitors should not be equated with or allowed to hide anonymous
behind the majority population of decent Americans. Which is what simpletons like you enable
and then fall for.
I fully understood all the concerns for what the Left is doing to people and to the
Trump praises Israel and says that, "Securing Israel's safety is our most important
task" not a peep comes from the Trump-supporters?!
Some Trump supporters do object. Others however grasp the political reality of Jewish
political influence in the US. Politically incompetent simpletons like yourself think Trump
should commit political suicide by taking on the Jews.
The Jews/Israel will be dealt with -- or not -- later, when Trump has secured his
presidency. And then, the rebalancing of the US-Israeli relationship will not be grounded in
hostility to the Jews, but will be more along the lines of America First.
Never ever did I expect, that it would be the Trump-supporters surfacing as the fifth
column, giving the "finishing touch" to the destruction of American citizens.
The above is pure paranoid, "the sky is falling", TDS whackadoodle.
The Liberals seem to have woken up,
The country is in the throes of a cultural war between the bubble-wrapped snowflakes and
"real" people. Thankfully, the "real" people will win, precisely because they have the
advantage of being reality-connected. The snowflakes will benefit as well -- you will benefit
-- by the resulting opportunity to reconnect with reality.
Good luck, best wishes, Trump is rapidly changing the world for the better.
And let me add: The Soviet Union is a quarter century gone, and with it Soviet Communism.
Putin is the preeminent statesman of our times. Go to YouTube and listen to what he says. He
and Trump, aligned, are a force for good in the world. Peace with Russia is coming, and with
it a new era of peace and prosperity in the world.
Which leaves me to echo your closing comment:
Are you ever going to be able to comprehend this?
(Answer: Probably not for another six years, if ever.)
Are you joking? Russia is the second largest nuclear arsenal in the world.
Malcontent , says:
29, 2018 at 9:01 pm GMT
Davis Bravo! Exactly my thoughts!
peterAUS , says:
29, 2018 at 9:27 pm GMT
Jeff Stryker ,
30, 2018 at 8:09 am GMT
Thankfully, the "real" people will win, precisely because they have the advantage of
The last time when "real" people won against the US "Deep State" was let me see .well
shame on me, can't think of it.
Let's see after the fall of the Wall:
Yugoslavia, then Serbia proper .no
Afghanistan .no .
Ah Iraq .no ..
Lybia no .
Syria well not so sure.
Ah, yes, those weren't Americans. Yeah.
I got concerned for a bit; all good now.
No need to think about M.A.D. anymore. (Re)focus on fishing. Snapper, preferably.
Australia's problem is going to be an Asian economic overclass you Australians always obsess
about country's located halfway around the world first the UK now the US.
Jeff Stryker ,
30, 2018 at 8:15 am GMT
you're worried about blacks in the US in the ghetto's wealth inequality while Chinese
business elite reduce you to paupers IN Australia and eventually you go the way of the black
But you cannot see that because you're focused on US cultural colonization or things you
have seen in Hollywood films.
Sorry, countries not country's.
James Bacque ,
says: Website July
31, 2018 at 7:16 pm GMT
Point is that in the sixties you were still obsessed with the British Empire though you
are a bit of a lost colony now you are obsessed with the United States, another waning
Pretty soon the Chinese will have you sleeping in your cars and you will still be focused
on the state of blacks in the US ghetto and inequality in America.
But see, the US won't be the problem in Australia. China will.
You compare yourself to the United States because it is a similar former British colony
and white settler nation but it is Asia that will stomp you.
She is most likely onto something important. My solution is that most people are
double-minded because it suits us to lazily allow our leaders to control us while we
(somewhat) hypocritically condemn them for faults and errors which profit us.
peterAUS , says:
31, 2018 at 8:18 pm GMT
St Paul, Shakespeare and Montaigne all complained of their own double-mindedness.
I hope that a column of mine on this topic will appear soon in The U.R.
James Bacque Penetanguishene ON
skrik , says:
1, 2018 at 3:18 pm GMT
most people are double-minded because it suits us to lazily allow our leaders to control
us while we (somewhat) hypocritically condemn them for faults and errors which profit us
I guess you are onto something here.
It could go a bit deeper, though, as:
. most people are double-minded because it suits us to allow our betters to lead us
while we (somewhat) hypocritically condemn them for their and our faults and errors which
Johnj , says:
2, 2018 at 11:48 pm GMT
But you cannot see that because you're focused on US cultural colonization or things you
have seen in Hollywood films You compare yourself to the United States because it is a
similar former British colony and white settler nation
If I may intercede, no, and that twice.
1. peterAUS, if my interpretation is correct, sees the world through 'military blinkers,'
is assumed not to notice China et al. except as one 'enemy' among many, and probably thinks
that ~100 F35s, xxx new warships, yyy new submarines and zzz new 'armoured cars,' costing the
Aus-taxpayer nose-bleeding squillions will 'save his/their bacon.' As such, peterAUS cannot
be addressed as any valid representative of 'the great Aus-unwashed.'
2. That great Aus-unwashed, hoovering up the trash err, sorry for the US-speak; hoovering
up the horrendous rubbish 'presented' to them via their '1984-style telescreens' err,
one-finger flat-screen distraction devices [when not actual television sets], is largely
unconscious of any 'real world.'
Since the CIA-sponsored coup of 1975, the country has been 'going to the dogs' at an
increasing rate. The sheople glory under their 'Lucky Country' delusion, not even knowing its
full import: Lucky not to be even partly aware. Yeah sure, the corrupt&venal MSM+PFBCs [=
publicly financed broadcasters] try to revive 'the yellow peril' scare, but that's just
standard 'Bernays haze' scare mongering, to keep the proles from thinking: Der, they [as
peterAUS] didn't think. rgds
PS The great Aus-unwashed, as any 'Western' citizen, has zero choice; so-called 'Western
democracy' allows for as good as zero 'citizen input.' The 'choice' of Trump should be put
down to an aberration -- some 'clever-clogs' manipulators -- *not* Russians -- pulled off a
coup. But as they used to say: "Better red than dead;" better Trump than HRC.
Do we have a democracy? Or even representative government? So what happened to our jobs
off-shored. Who approved that? Who approved 100 million legal immigrants in the last 50
Johnj , says:
3, 2018 at 12:10 am GMT
Why does anyone accept our stilted self-image, especially Diana?
Törni Good God, this Lauri reads the NYT and has the gall to post it as proof of her
opinions. So that means she is nuts and brainwashed.
Ace , says: September
15, 2018 at 5:55 pm GMT
Ace , says: September
15, 2018 at 7:59 pm GMT
On the point about the "world's greatest prison population" note that some one-third of
the federal prison population consists of illegal alien criminals and the large U.S. black
criminal underclass commits crimes at a higher rate than everyone else, so there are more
blacks in our prisons. Oh, the horror.
If other nations enjoyed large illegal immigrant populations and a large black criminal
underclass we would see similar inflated prison populations.
Spare us the silliness on this score as well as the "regular massacres of school children"
garbage. No doubt you'll enlighten us with your anti-gun views on American gun nuts at a
later time. I wait with bated breath.
Still, you almost got a lock on insightful commentary these days.
Törni Liberals fight for the existence of Americans?
james bacque ,
says: Website October
24, 2018 at 6:51 pm GMT
Amazing. Do you intend to live on our planet or are you just visiting?
This is a very good blog, column, whatever, because it illuminates with the light of
reason the mass madness of the Washington crowd, and probably much of the American
population. See the New Yorker article in the current issue about the utility of caregivers
lying to and/or deceiving demented patients to keep them content. That is what is happening
now in the USA and your failure to understand my explanation for it, in my essay on
double-mindedness, which I sent you last summer, I mind very much. You could lead the way out
of the mess if you would re-read that essay and try to understand it.
I am a very ordinary guy and I understand it. Please try again. The world needs this.
EugeneGur , says:
23, 2018 at 9:30 pm GMT
Vojkan , says:
24, 2018 at 8:25 am GMT
who has spent time in Ukraine knows how deep hatred of Russia goes
I don't know where is Ukraine you spent your time and in what company, but this is
complete BS. The South-Eastern Ukraine hates the Western Ukrainian "banderovtsi" as much as
the Russians do if not more -- after all, the followers of Bandera operated mostly on the
Ukrainian soil. There are deranged individuals in every country, of course, and Ukraine has
been subjected lately to intense hate propaganda as well as repressions, but there is no
hatred of Russia. This is contradicted by both sociology and everyday behavior of Ukrainian,
which move to Russia in droves, spend time in Russia, support Russian sport teams, etc.
we are supposed to dismiss the actual wishes of Ukrainians, Estonians, Poles, Georgians
and other peoples who hate Russia (and love the US)
Nobody is asking about what the real Ukrainians, Estonians, Georgians or even Poles
actually think, least of all the US. There are almost as many Georgians living in Russia as
there are in Georgia, and they show no desire to move back. In 2008 during the conflict,
their biggest fear was that they'd be deported.
The Ukraine's Maidan was a violent coup, where a few thousand militants armed and trained
abroad overthrew a government elected by the entire country. Protests that immediately
started all over the country were suppressed with force -- the one in Donbass still is.
How could anyone with an access to Internet remain unaware of these facts is beyond
Akuleyev Why should anyone freaking care and put his ass in the line of fire because you
bunch of primitives hate Russia? Between having a nuclear cataclysm because you pathetic
dwarfs of nations are frustrated to have a neighbour you can't bully and Russia obliterating
you, I say let Russia obliterate you, thus we won't have to suffer the ear-hurting
dissonnance of your incessant whining any more. Though I doubt Russia would stomp on you.
When you see shit, you don't stomp on it, you don't want you don't want your shoes to stink,
you just walk around it.
peterAUS , says:
23, 2018 at 10:25 pm GMT
That's an interesting point. Even if true, doesn't matter. One could wonder ..who are the
people populating Ukrainian Armed Forces?
Or who are the guys, in Ukrainian Armed Forces, presently engaged against Donbass? All of
them. Including those is logistics/maintenance depots far away from the (current) line of
The will to fight against "Russia" ranges from a deep hate to simply not wishing to go
against the (current) Ukrainian government. The former are in those "shock" battalions. The
later are manning the logistics train. And everything in between.
Now .if/when a real shooting starts, as soon as Russia, as expected (and desired) by the
most of readers here, starts delivering ordnance into operational depth of Donbass enemy, the
ratio hate/don't care shall shift, hard and fast. Not in Russian favor, I suspect.
Authored by Maj. Danny Sjrusen via AntiWar.com,
The president says he will bring the troops home from Syria and Afghanistan. Now, because of
their pathological hatred of Trump, mainstream Democrats are hysterical in their
If anyone else were president, the "liberals" would be celebrating. After all, pulling
American soldiers out of a couple of failing, endless wars seems like a "win" for progressives.
Heck, if Obama did it there might be a ticker-tape parade down Broadway. And there should be.
The intervention in Syria is increasingly aimless, dangerous and lacks an end state.
Afghanistan is an unwinnable war – America's longest – and about to end in outright
defeat . Getting out now and salvaging so much national blood and treasure ought to be a
progressive dream. There's only one problem: Donald Trump. Specifically, that it was Trump who
gave the order
to begin the troop withdrawals.
Lost in the haze of their pathological hatred of President Trump, the majority of mainstream
liberal pundits and politicians can't, for the life of them, see the good sense in extracting
the troops from a couple Mideast quagmires. That or they can see the positives, but, in their
obsessive compulsion to smear the president, choose politics over country. It's probably a bit
of both. That's how tribally partisan American political discourse has become. And, how
reflexively hawkish and interventionist today's mainstream Democrats now are. Whither the
left-wing antiwar movement? Well, except for a few diehards out there, the movement seems to
have been buried long ago with
George McGovern .
Make no mistake, the Democrats have been tacking to the right on foreign policy and
burgeoning their tough-guy-interventionist credentials for decades now. Terrified of being
painted as soft or dovish on martial matters, just about all the "serious" baby-boomer Dems
proudly co-opted the militarist line and gladly accepted campaign cash from the corporate arms
dealers. Think about it, any Democrat with serious future presidential aspirations back in 2002
voted for the Iraq War – Hillary, Joe Biden, even former peace activist John Kerry! And,
in spite of the party base now moving to the left, all these big name hawks – along with
current Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer – are still Democratic stalwarts. Heck, some
list Biden as the party's 2020 presidential frontrunner.
More disturbing than the inconsistency of these political hacks is the vacuousness of the
supposedly liberal media. After Trump's announcement of troop withdrawals, just about every
MSNBC host slammed the president and suddenly sounded more hawkish than the clowns over at Fox
News. Take Rachel Maddow. Whatever you think of her politics, she is – undoubtedly
– a brilliant woman. Furthermore, unlike most pundits, she knows a little something about
foreign policy. Her 2012 book, Drift: The
Unmooring of American Military Power was a serious and well-researched critique of
executive power and the ongoing failure of the wars on terror. Drift was well reviewed by
regular readers and scholars alike.
Enter Donald Trump. Ever since the man won the 2016 election, Maddow's nightly show has been
dominated the hopeless dream of Russia-collusion and a desire for Trump's subsequent
impeachment. Admittedly, Maddow's anti-Trump rhetoric isn't completely unfounded – this
author, after all, has spent the better part of two years criticizing most of his policies
– but her zealousness has clouded her judgment, or worse. Indeed, that Maddow, and her
fellow "liberals" at MSNBC have now
criticized the troop withdrawals and even paraded a slew of
disgraced neoconservatives – like Bill Kristol – on their shows seems final proof
of their descent into opportunistic hawkishness.
One of the most disturbing aspects of this new "liberal" hawkishness is the pundits' regular
canonization of Jim Mattis and the other supposed "adults"
in the room . For mainstream, Trump-loathing, liberals the only saving grace for this
administration was its inclusion of a few trusted, "grown-up" generals in the cabinet. Yet it
is a dangerous day, indeed, when the supposedly progressive journalists deify only the military
men in the room. Besides, Mattis was no friend to the liberals. Their beloved President Obama
previously canned "mad-dog" for his excessive bellicosity towards Iran. Furthermore, Mattis
– so praised for both his judgment and ethics – chose an interesting issue for
which to finally fall-on-his-sword and resign. U.S. support for the Saudi-led starvation of
85,000 kids in Yemen: Mattis could deal with that. But a modest disengagement from even one
endless war in the Middle East: well, the former SECDEF just couldn't countenance that. Thus,
he seems a strange figure for a "progressive" network to deify.
Personally, I'd like to debate a few of the new "Cold Warriors" over at MSNBC or CNN and ask
a simple series of questions: what on the ground changed in Syria or Afghanistan that has
suddenly convinced you the US must stay put? And, what positivist steps should the military
take in those locales, in order to achieve what purpose exactly? Oh, by the way, I'd ask my
debate opponents to attempt their answers without uttering the word Trump. The safe money says
they couldn't do it – not by a long shot. Because, you see, these pundits live and die by
their hatred of all things Trump and the more times they utter his name the higher go the
ratings and the faster the cash piles up. It's a business model not any sort of display of
There's a tragic irony here. By the looks of things, so long as Mr. Trump is president, it
seems that any real movement for less interventionism in the Greater Middle East may come from
a part of the political right – libertarians like Rand Paul along with the president's
die hard base, which is willing to follow him on any policy pronouncement. Paradoxically, these
folks may find some common cause with the far left likes of Bernie Sanders and the
Ocasio-Cortez crowd, but it seems unlikely that the mainstream left is prepared to lead a new
antiwar charge. What with Schumer/Pelosi still in charge, you can forget about it. Given the
once powerful left-led Vietnam-era protest movement, today's Dems seem deficient indeed on
foreign policy substance. Odds are they'll cede this territory, once again, to the GOP.
By taking a stronger interventionist, even militarist, stand than Trump on Syria and
Afghanistan, the Democrats are wading into dangerous waters. Maybe, as some say, this president
shoots from the hip and has no core policy process or beliefs. Perhaps. Then again, Trump did
crush fifteen Republican mainstays in 2015 and shock Hillary – and the world – in
2016. Indeed, he may know just what he's doing. While the Beltway,
congressional-military-industrial complex continues to support ever more fighting and dying
around the world, for the most part the American people do not . Trump, in fact, ran on a
generally anti -interventionist platform, calling the Iraq War "dumb" and not to be repeated.
The president's sometimes earthy – if coarse – commonsense resonated with a lot of
voters, and Hillary's hawkish establishment record (including her vote for that very same Iraq
War) didn't win her many new supporters.
Liberals have long believed, at least since McGovern's 1972 trouncing by Richard Nixon, that
they could out-hawk the Republican hawks and win over some conservatives. It rarely worked. In
fact, Dems have been playing right into bellicose Republican hands for decades. And, if they
run a baby-boomer-era hawk in 2020 – say Joe Biden – they'll be headed for another
shocking defeat. The combination of a (mostly, so far) strong economy and practical policy of
returning US troops from unpopular wars, could, once again, out weigh this president's other
Foreign policy won't, by itself, tip a national election. But make no mistake, if the clowns
at MSNBC and "liberal" hacks on Capitol Hill keep touting their newfound militarism, they're
likely to emerge from 2020 with not only smeared consciences, but four more years in the
* * *
Danny Sjursen is a US Army officer and regular contributor to Antiwar.com He served combat tours with reconnaissance units in Iraq
and Afghanistan and later taught history at his alma mater, West Point. He is the author of a
memoir and critical analysis of the Iraq War, Ghostriders of
Baghdad: Soldiers, Civilians, and the Myth of the Surge . Follow him on Twitter at
[ Note: The views expressed in this article are those of the author, expressed in an
unofficial capacity, and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of
the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. government.]
turkey george palmer , 43 minutes ago
RussianSniper , 46 minutes ago
A the politicians carry their recordsike a ball and chain. Trump had no legislative
baggage so in comparison he looked ok. There may be a chance that some plan to allow e
wrything to sink to near chaos is happening, with that risk of a slip up being total
collapse. It would appear total collapse is likely absent some very well thought out plan by
a lot of people who appear to be morons
Zero-Hegemon , 53 minutes ago
The neowackjobs of the bush clinton bush bozo crime sprees must answer for their war
Put these monsters before a world court in Syria, Libya, Iraq, or Yemen.
Burn them alive on pay per view.
dogismycopilot , 53 minutes ago
In the US the neocons switch between parties like changing underwear. Now that the
republicans are soiled they'll wear democrats instead, lobby for more war until they're good
and soiled, and switch when republican populism is back on the rise (like during the Bush
years, and then Obama).
halcyon , 1 hour ago
Lost me at calling Maddow a brilliant woman
AI Agent , 1 hour ago
Danny boy got sucked into the liberel-conservative-democrat fallacy. It is all one big
party called the war party. The opposition is always theatrics.
quesnay , 53 minutes ago
Lost me when you said Rachel MadCow was a brilliant woman.
Brilliant people have ethics. If she's brilliant, she wouldn't be lying. If she's stupid,
then she's not smart enough to know she's lying.
Got The Wrong No , 31 minutes ago
I don't watch her so can't comment on that, but brilliance and ethics have nothing to do
with each other.
Debt Slave , 1 hour ago
Madcow is diabolical. A brilliant unethical he/she.
lincolnsteffens , 1 hour ago
We all know it. If libtards didn't hate America, they wouldn't be trying so hard to change
Remember the happy white culture middle class America of 1955? Libtards hate it with a
passion that can only be an obsession. The first thing libtards started whining about in the
1950's was the the poor 'oppressed' negroes weren't allowed to burp and fart at the same
lunch counter as the evil white man. We foolishly caved in to that first step of liberal
stupidity and look where we are today. Mall shootings in Chicongo and New Jersey.
Everytime the (((media))) shows you these violent examples, just remember how we got
Compromising with liberals is nothing more than a highway to hell, paved with compromise
and liberal 'good intentions'.
Now we have Donald Trump who is willing to tell the liberal idiots to shove their fake
altruism and egalitarianism up their collective asses. This chance of a lifetime for our
children may never come again.
i know who I am voting for in 2020 ...
Escrava Isaura , 1 hour ago
I voted for McGovern. I think that was the first time I voted. Now I can't stand either
political Parties. I saw the games the Republicans pulled with the Massachusetts Caucus and
Convention when I was an alternate delegate for Ron Paul. There is no trick dirty enough for
either Party to pull. They are without a moral compass.
AI Agent , 1 hour ago
Bring 'some' troops home is just a political maneuver not a policy change. How can you
Trump is an imperialist. That's why he fired Bannon.
And that's why Trump moved drones attacks operations from the military to the CIA.
There's no evidence that Trump is ending US intervention anywhere.
Now check this out when the President is Democrat.
of Republicans disprove withdrawing troops: Americans widely support President Obama's
recent decision to withdraw nearly all U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of the year, with 75%
approving. That includes the vast majority of Democrats and independents. Republicans,
however, are slightly more likely to disapprove than approve.
quesnay , 57 minutes ago
How does firing Bannon mean Trump is an imperialist? That doesn't follow, it's a
desertboy , 24 minutes ago
I would argue that the Republicans are slightly more principled, although not necessarily
in a good way. As your poll shows, when Obama was in power, 96% of Democrats were in favor of
removing Troops. 96%!! And now only around 28% of Democrats support withdrawal -
. This is almost a complete reversal.
The Republican position went from 50% supporting withdrawal with Obama to 70% under Trump.
A change for sure, but not nearly as dramatic as the Democrats which have completely changed
their positions i.e. their position has nothing to do with principles what-so-ever.
smacker , 11 minutes ago
So, I can interpret the deeper meaning of statements made by others, through your
displayed intellectual acumen?
Really quite remarkable -- how utterly foreign is just a little introspection for
@Escrava Isaura: " Trump is an imperialist. That's why he fired Bannon. "
Not so sure of the connection there.
But America is an imperial nation (both major parties have supported this for years) and
the problem now is that its imperialism is on an irreversible trajectory which will bring it
to an end. As one might expect, they are trying to keep it alive but that will only delay the
inevitable. What we don't know is whether it will end with a whimper or a big bang.
, says: July
23, 2018 at 5:46 am GMT
Hillary lost the election when she could not walk. she lost a shoe, she was shown in the van,
and shoe was thrown after her. And that was arranged by Russians.
"... This screaming comes not only from the US mainstream, but also from that European elite which has been housebroken for seventy years as obedient poodles, dachshunds or corgis in the American menagerie, via intense vetting by US trans-Atlantic "cooperation" associations. ..."
"... They are CIA assets who do what they're told. ..."
"... There is an unrecognized plague in our society called antidepressants. More than ten per cent of the people in the industrialized world take drugs which interfere with self doubt. They don't ask themselves whether an idea in their minds is true, fair or kind. They only ask if they believe it. And since the chemical they ingest prevents them from assessing the idea from all sides they always believe that if they think something it must be true. ..."
"... Other symptoms of antidepressant use include high levels of free floating anxiety (because useful anxiety is suppressed) and restlessness. ..."
"... I am still asking myself what motivated a veteran politician like Hillary Clinton to violate a cardinal rule of politics by attacking not her opponent but his supporters with the "basket of deplorable" comment in the closing days of the 2016 campaign except chemically induced madness. ..."
"... If history has recorded that the Roman Empire collapsed due to lead poisoning from the water pipes a future time may also conclude the US Empire was destroyed due to antidepressants. ..."
"... The psychology of the mass of Americans with it's self-righteousness and self-centerdness is really amazing. Just in the last seventeen years the US has invaded or otherwise attacked numerous countries and has caused millions of people to die, become miserable refugees, become orphans and all other manner of evil. ..."
"... Not least of all has been it's creation and patronage of ISIS, one of the most heinous groups in history. Yet Americans have this massive blind spot to the war criminality of all this that their country has committed against the peace of the world. Instead they're being stampeded into some irrational Russia-phobia. It's the US that's been on the march everywhere, labeling those countries that resist it's aggression as being aggressors for being willing to defend themselves. It's all upside-down. ..."
"... "I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics." ..."
"... I'd really like to know who wrote that line for the Prez. (Since I think it unlikely that he wrote that, or any of his "prepared remarks".) Stephen Miller? Whoever. But it was a genius comment. ..."
"... "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad" obviously the Gods want to destroy the so called western man ..."
lavoisier , says:
23, 2018 at 11:47 am GMT
Giuseppe , says:
23, 2018 at 1:01 pm GMT
Anyone with an average intelligence can, in two hours trawling of Internet, get how
false all that is. And, yet, here we are.
The same people who can spend hours on social media, shopping and entertainment online
can't, for SOME reason, figure all that out.
Easy to blame "them" and media/academia/whatever. Maybe it's time to start passing a bit
of blame to people in general. Not holding my breath.
I fully agree with this sentiment. The only reason the evil bastards who control our
society can get away with their treachery is because most of the American people are out to
lunch on the most important issues of our time. If the sheeple were to take responsibility to
inform themselves of what is happening today they would be able to see the lies they are
being constantly exposed to as just that -- lies. And then, they could put down the beer and
turn off the damn sports channel and get angry at what has happened to their country.
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for ignorant people to remain
Gordon Pratt ,
23, 2018 at 2:49 pm GMT
This screaming comes not only from the US mainstream, but also from that European
elite which has been housebroken for seventy years as obedient poodles, dachshunds or
corgis in the American menagerie, via intense vetting by US trans-Atlantic "cooperation"
They are CIA assets who do what they're told.
There is an unrecognized plague in our society called antidepressants. More than ten per
cent of the people in the industrialized world take drugs which interfere with self doubt.
They don't ask themselves whether an idea in their minds is true, fair or kind. They only ask
if they believe it. And since the chemical they ingest prevents them from assessing the idea
from all sides they always believe that if they think something it must be true.
AnonFromTN , says:
23, 2018 at 3:09 pm GMT
This is the perfect environment for the virus of groupthink to spread.
And since our leaders, both on the left and the right, may be ahead of the curve on drug
usage the neocons and the politically correct may use antidepressants at greater levels than
10 per cent.
Other symptoms of antidepressant use include high levels of free floating anxiety
(because useful anxiety is suppressed) and restlessness.
I am still asking myself what motivated a veteran politician like Hillary Clinton to
violate a cardinal rule of politics by attacking not her opponent but his supporters with the
"basket of deplorable" comment in the closing days of the 2016 campaign except chemically
If history has recorded that the Roman Empire collapsed due to lead poisoning from the
water pipes a future time may also conclude the US Empire was destroyed due to
Pratt I think you are mistaken trying to rationalize the behavior of the political class
and their puppet masters. I believe the real driver are not antidepressants, but an obscene
greed, which is so blinding that it made MIC profiteers forget that to enjoy the fruits of
their thievery they have to be alive.
anonymous  Disclaimer , says:
23, 2018 at 3:49 pm GMT
The psychology of the mass of Americans with it's self-righteousness and self-centerdness
is really amazing. Just in the last seventeen years the US has invaded or otherwise attacked
numerous countries and has caused millions of people to die, become miserable refugees,
become orphans and all other manner of evil.
Jeff Davis , says:
23, 2018 at 5:01 pm GMT
Not least of all has been it's creation and patronage of ISIS, one of the most heinous
groups in history. Yet Americans have this massive blind spot to the war criminality of all
this that their country has committed against the peace of the world. Instead they're being
stampeded into some irrational Russia-phobia. It's the US that's been on the march
everywhere, labeling those countries that resist it's aggression as being aggressors for
being willing to defend themselves. It's all upside-down.
Respect , says:
23, 2018 at 5:10 pm GMT
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in
pursuit of politics."
I'd really like to know who wrote that line for the Prez. (Since I think it unlikely
that he wrote that, or any of his "prepared remarks".) Stephen Miller? Whoever. But it was a
QUOS VULT IUPITER PERDERE DEMENTAT PRIUS
Jeff Davis , says:
23, 2018 at 5:28 pm GMT
"Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad" obviously the Gods want to destroy
the so called western man
Jeff Davis , says:
23, 2018 at 5:34 pm GMT
Feel free to attack me.
TDS is a convenient shorthand for this form of disconnect from reality. That said it is
absolutely fascinating to see and puzzle over this geopolitical tectonic event. The old
narrative is crumbling, with the result that people like Lauri are fighting desperately to
preserve their "sanity", dependent as it is on their tribal submission to the old order and
its old narrative (its timeworn lies).
"Science advances one funeral at a time."
By which he means that people persist in believing in those "truths" (their belief system)
they have held for a lifetime. Only when they die out will a new, revised belief system
replaced the old. The same in geopolitics as in science.
"Malefactors of great wealth."
Pseudonym , says: July
23, 2018 at 5:58 pm GMT
American dementia is not new. It is current but after the false flags of almost all of our
(US) wars going back as far as the Barbary Pirates, Americans have thrived on being the good
guys in an evil world. We are SO GOOD, and the world thinks we are perfect and want to be
part of US so much, that any other thought is treasonous.
The fact that getting along with Russia is necessary to NOT create armageddon, is
irrelevant to the typical citizen because no matter how wrong, we are blessed and perfect in
the eyes of the gawd we pretend to believe in.
So, same old same old
"... Their fundamental problem is, Aspen Institute is CIA. Their first and only instinct is to use people like toilet paper. They don't want popular support. They want agents in complete control. ..."
22, 2018 at 8:25 pm GMT
Beast Aspen Institute does make attempts at outreach, but they invariably cock it up by
eliciting, recruiting, or suborning every single person they bring in. The shitheads even
tried to do it to me. You would think they'd have a dossier saying I hate those cobags.
Cagey Beast ,
22, 2018 at 10:58 pm GMT
Their fundamental problem is, Aspen Institute is CIA. Their first and only instinct is
to use people like toilet paper. They don't want popular support. They want agents in
skrik , says:
23, 2018 at 8:59 am GMT
Aspen Institute is CIA.
Yes, the Aspen Institute is the CIA and the CIA is the Aspen Institute. Or, to be more
precise, the CIA is the armed wing of Washington's permanently governing technocratic party,
in the same way the KGB was the armed wing of the Soviet Communist Party.
Poor Julian Assange is likely going to be in their hands not too long from now. The
citizen of one Five Eyes country will be arrested by another and then sent off to the
imperial metropole, to be kicked around like a political football. The rest of us
Anglosphericals are expected to cheer or remain silent. Either is acceptable.
Pancho Perico ,
23, 2018 at 10:27 pm GMT
there is nothing at all mindless or demented about them
Me: Oh yes there is; by *them* I don't mean "Zuckerberg, others" but the actual
rulers of 'the West,' then see this:
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of
Aspen Institute is CIA
and [perhaps most critically] this:
may depend on support for Trump from Israel and the Pentagon!
Now, I term the actual rulers of 'the West' the ccc = covert criminal cabal. Of course
they are in hiding -- acting from 'behind the curtain,' as some have it -- it has to be that
*dishonest* way -- for them. Among their most notable 'fruits' are the JFK murder, USS
Liberty outrage, inside-job 9/11 psyop and the utterly wicked destruction of Libya/Gaddafi,
just 4 of many. The extended list is looong, and note that the 1st 3 in my list demonstrate
the ccc 'murdering their own' -- except that to the ccc, anybody not actually in the ccc
itself is not 'their own' but only exploitable/disposable objects. Of course the ccc causes
lies to be promulgated, hence the Lügenpresse . Neoliberalism/austerity must also
come from the ccc, causing misery wherever it's forced upon us, we the people. One of the
spivs in suits who 'sold' neoliberalism to the Aus people called it 'economic rationalism'
and jeered: 'What would you rather -- irrational economics?' Another ccc modus
operandi item is coercion as demonstrated by the downstream effects of Downer's "Get a
briefing!" -- which shows us that the CIA et al. is a 'command conduit' if not a command
originator. What I'm trying to illustrate here is that the ccc does not merely operate like a
mafia, it *is* a mafia, and one of the author's "may depend on" items suggests a name for
this mafia, namely: Khazar. That's our miserable world, deliberately made that way by that
mafia; if that's not 'mindless and demented' what is? rgds
The Aspen Institute is CIA, but the CIA is an organization created and controlled by the
globalist conspirators at the Council on Foreign Relations, mostly the Rockefellers and other
Intelligence agencies are a new Praetorian Guard
, says: July
23, 2018 at 7:30 am GMT
In my opinion, no dementia. Too many careers and institutions are built on continuing
hostility towards Russia. First ECB President Duisenberg's ph d thesis had as title 'The
economic consequences of peace', something like that, his conclusion was that
demilitarization was possible economically, when controlled sensibly.
Did anyone read 'The Iron Mountain Report', I never quite knew what to make of it, but it
also is about if demilitarization is possible. Barbara Hinckley Sheldon Goldman, American
Politics and Government, Glenview Ill.,1990 describes how the USA weapons industry skillfully
prevents that spending on useless weapons diminishes. The history of the later Roman empire,
the army in control.
23, 2018 at 5:04 am GMT
In my view, at the moment the deed is done. The president signed onto the report acknowledged
the he accepts the report has even gone as far to say, he blames Pres. Putin
Another backtrack, just muddies the waters, and mat be acceptable because no one wants to
accept the real consequences of a president who has repudiated the one state president he
most desired to make a deal with -- the jig is up.
Whether kabuki theater or real gamesmanship --
A threshold has been crossed and uncrossing it is going to be tricky and in my further
humiliation for the wh. The analysis here mattered before the president agreed with the
report. But when he did, this analysis, becomes moot. Having a chit chat about de-escalating
nuclear tensions is quaint in light of the president acknowledging that russia has in fact
undermined the US democratic process. This is a serious charge and no amount of changing the
subject, crying foul, or pretending it was all a big misunderstanding is going to change
I think it would have been prudent for the president to hold fire in Helsinki and read the
report and then responded . He did make any of those choices. It matters not how exposed the
establishment in wanton eagerness to have their way, wh has embraced the matter. it is on
record and . . . oh well. I see merit in maintaining his original position of disbelief --
however, the president did a complete about face -- and there is no question of that or the
"... This link, I believe, points into a very interesting direction. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-23/imperial-naivete-american-public I don't think that "naivete" is a correct word there. ..."
"... the American public naively assumes that their Imperial Project is so god-like in its powers and prowess that no other great power should be able to meddle in our domestic affairs and elections. ..."
peterAUS , says:
23, 2018 at 10:35 pm GMT
Back to topic. This link, I believe, points into a very interesting direction. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-23/imperial-naivete-american-public
I don't think that "naivete" is a correct word there. Some, perhaps, interesting
.a public lulled into a warm and fuzzy sense of moral superiority based on the notion
that we only go to war to save the good and punish the evil, and if we meddle in other
nations' domestic affairs and elections, we're only doing so for their own good.
If we weren't a kindly, generous Empire, we'd let them go down the drain without trying
to set them straight.
Key expression " moral superiority "
There is more:
. the American public naively assumes that their Imperial Project is so god-like in
its powers and prowess that no other great power should be able to meddle in our domestic
affairs and elections.
I don't think it's "naive" though. It's something else like, again:
there are no limits on our execution of power because we're morally superior
That is the key. That is what, deep in their hearts, Americans believe. We .are .better
than .anybody .else. So, blaming "them", media, whatever no no that's a copout. Weak one. The
crux is simple, eternal, hard wired: "I am better than you". "I can be homeless punk here,
but, I am better than YOU." Feels good. That's all.
(Bloomberg) -- Jeffrey Gundlach said yet again that the U.S. economy is gorging on debt.
Echoing many of the themes from his annual "Just Markets" webcast on Tuesday, Gundlach took
part in a round-table of 10 of Wall Street's smartest investors for Barron's. He highlighted
the dangers especially posed by the U.S. corporate bond market.
Prolific sales of junk bonds and significant growth in investment grade corporate debt,
coupled with the Federal Reserve weaning the market off quantitative easing, have resulted in
what the DoubleLine Capital LP boss called "an ocean of debt."
The investment manager countered President Donald Trump's claim that he's presiding over the
strongest economy ever. The growth is debt-based, he said.
Gundlach's forecast for real GDP expansion this year is just 0.5 percent. Citing numbers
spinning out of the USDebtClock.org website, he pointed out that the U.S.'s unfunded
liabilities are $122 trillion -- or six times GDP.
"I'm not looking for a terrible economy, but an artificially strong one, due to stimulus
spending," Gundlach told the panel. "We have floated incremental debt when we should be doing
the opposite if the economy is so strong."
Gundlach is coming off another year in which his Total Return Bond Fund outperformed its
fixed-income peers. It returned 1.8 percent in 2018, the best performance among the 10 largest
actively managed U.S. bond funds, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Gundlach expects further declines in the U.S. stock market, which recently have steadied
after reeling for most of December since the Great Depression. Equities will be weak early in
the year and strengthen later in 2019, effectively a reversal of what happened last year, he
"So now we are in a bear market, which isn't defined by me as stocks being down 20 percent.
A bear market is determined by the way stocks are acting," he said.
Rupal Bhansali, chief investment officer of International & Global Equities at Ariel
Investments, picked up on Gundlach's debt theme in the Barron's cover story. Citing General
Electric's woes, she urged investors to focus more on balance-sheet risk rather than whether a
company could beat or miss earnings. Companies with net cash are worth looking at, she
To contact the reporters on this story: James Ludden in New York at
email@example.com;Hailey Waller in New York at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editors responsible for this story: Matthew G. Miller at
email@example.com, Ros Krasny
For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com