Syria civil war: attempt of the USA to create Sunny Theocracy instead of secular Assad government
“Control over the production and distribution of oil is the decisive factor in
defining who rules whom in the Middle East.”
The Quotable Hitchens
from Alcohol to Zionism: The Very Best of Christopher Hitchens
“Anthing that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without
The Quotable Hitchens:
From Alcohol to Zionism--The Very Best of Christopher Hitchens
The key idea heind unleashing civil war in cyria using Weapons from Libya and jihadist voluteers from several Arab countries is
to reverse the geopolitical gift to Iran which Bush Iraq war created.
Installation of fundamentalist government in Syria also is in the best interests of Israel as this is by definitely a weak
sectarian government that terrorizes its own population. That's why they openly supported head choppers during Syrian civil
war. Politics make strange bedfellows: Izreal and Saudi Arabia.
Political Islam emerges are a reaction to colonialism but now it serve as a puppet of neoliberals to weaksen and destroy secular
governments in Arab countries and to weaken territorial integrity of Russia. So Russia in an indirect way is interested in
preservation of secur goverment in Syria as cration of another large traning camp for jihadism is not in their best interest.
The problem is that the US elite lost people who participated in WWII who understood the consequnces of WWIII. now the US is
represented by chichenhasks such as Trump, Bolton and the whole gallery of female chichenharks (which were floring in Obana
administraion) such as Haley.
This generation of the US elite is idoctrinbated is the "sole super[ower" status and has difficulties to adapting to new
realities when economically china will be larger then the USA in 2020 and militiary Russia is on par in some major catagories,
returing the situation of mutual assured destruction (MAD) that the USA tried to destrowy (and for some suceeded in 1991-2000 due to
collapse of the USSR and Yeltsin marionette government ) since Reagan.
Chemical attacks false flag as a standard method of pursuing civil war by West-connected islamists
Poisoning false flag are the favorite tackits of British intelligence services and it was important to Syria by MI6
supported organizations such as White Helmets. They
proved to be perfectly suibale for Islamists barbarians (aka "head choppers") who do not care much about human cost and
can kill children and woman in cold blood to achive their goals.
One of the most interesting features of Syria civil war is the extent of the chemical attacks false flags by islamists to
damage on Assad forces. They usually resort to it when they are against the wall and need some time to recouperate of scape or
surrender on more favoarabel conditions.
In this sense political Islam is a national liberation movement that "took the wrong turn on the road" and which was
co-opted by the neoliberals to serve as their geopolitical ram. Instead of fighting Western neoliberal neo-imperialism they
are helping them.
There were at least three provable false flag operation of this type
- Ghouta 2013 This was Aug 21.2013 false flag disguised as a sarin rocket attack carried out by Assad or his
supporters. It was a false-flag stunt carried out by the insurgents using carbon monoxide or cyanide to murder children
and use their corpses as bait to lure the Americans into attacking Assadsee
"Murder in the Sun Morgue" by Dr. Denis O'Brien (neuropharmacology expert):
"The primary conclusion of this study, based on a pharmacological analysis of the
video and photographic evidence, is that the Ghouta Massacre near Damascus on Aug 21.2013 was
not a sarin rocket attack carried out by Assad or his supporters. It was a false-flag stunt
carried out by the insurgents using carbon monoxide or cyanide to murder children and use
their corpses as bait to lure the Americans into attacking Assad."
288 pp. analysis. Also, some had slit throats:
- Syria surrendered its stockpiles of chemical weapons in 2014 to a joint mission led by the US and the Organization for the
Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which oversaw the destruction of the weaponry. Damascus has consistently denied using
chemical weapons over the past years of conflict in the country.
- Khan Sheikhoun gas attack. On Tuesday April 4th 2017, videos and images emerged from sources belonging to Al Nustra within Syria showing what is claimed
to be a chemical weapon attack that targeted Al Sheikhun south of Idlib. This
was the second major sarin attack in Syria (it it was sarin, which is still unclear; some witnesses reported a strong
smell) . The previous one was a false flag operation in which over thousand people including women and children died.
previous (false flag) sarin attack was staged Syria in 2013 with the explicit goal to provoke Western military response like in Lybia.
This was so called "Ghouta chemical attack"; sarin was used in an attack in the Ghouta region of the Rif Dimashq Governorate of Syria
during the Syrian civil war. Varying sources gave a death toll of 322 to 1,729. It were a part of rebels strategy
to weaken and isolate internationally Assad government, which coincides with the desires of the USA and its allies such as Turkey
- Douma gas attack: Yet another false flag poisoning? This false flag was
supposedly conducted by Jaish al-Islam, but there are serious doubt that the attack took place at all. It was probably a
completly staged event. Here again the main source of inforation was connected scandalous Oscar-winning organization "White Helmets". Several other similar organizations participated
too: the Pro-insurgent "Guta media Center" and the US-based Syrian-American Medical Society (SAMS). They issued a joint statement with
the "Opposition-linked Civil Defense" (The White Helmets). There are lots of
details on the attacks and damage at Douma, but only a tiny mention that Jaish al-Islam
launched rockets into densely populated Damascus. Why are there no reports of death and
damage in those areas? And where did SAMS come from? White Helmets role immediately links this attack to Skripal case.
- 20190419 : The situation in Syria is concerning. The CIA is implementing an intense strategy of sabotage against any form of energy supply. The aim is to prevent reconstruction and therefore make life impossible for its people. ( Apr 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190418 : Ask yourself "Is this creature sane or rational?" ( Apr 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190416 : Is The US Losing Influence In The World's Biggest Oil Region ( Apr 16, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190413 : Trump Puts America Last by Daniel Larison ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190412 : Douma investigation> discredits OPCW as a source of impartial investigation and undermine it as an international institution fit to be entrusted with maintaining the prohibition of chemical weapons by timhayward ( Apr 12, 2019 , timhayward.wordpress.com )
- 20190412 : Skripal, the Russkies and Bellingcat ( Sep 27, 2018 , investigatingimperialism.wordpress.com )
- 20190412 : John Bolton Took Money From Clinton Foundation Donor, Banks Tied To Cartels, Terrorists, Iran by William Craddick ( Apr 10, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190411 : Rand Paul to Pompeo You do not have 'permission' for war with Iran by NAHAL TOOSI ( Apr 10, 2019 , www.politico.com )
- 20190409* The ruthless neo-colonialists of 21st century ( Apr 09, 2019 , failedevolution.blogspot.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190407 : The Increasingly Dangerous Iran Obsession by Daniel Larison ( Apr 05, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190404 : avu o lu just compared Turkey to Ukraine, saying Ukraine let itself be told it had to decide between West and Russia, and look what happened; Turkey cannot be forced into same choice ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : Russiagate as a smoke screen for the struggle between two powerful groups of the US elite ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : So now it is somehow acceptable to block a merchant ship from an international waterway? WTF. This is an act of war. ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190331 : New Middle East Alliance Shakes World Powers ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190329 : Trump Supports Israel Sovereignty Over Golan, Aiding Netanyahu by Nick Wadhams and David Wainer ( Mar 21, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190329 : Early troubling sign of Trump: most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190327 : Saudi Arabia has rejected US President Donald Trump's recognition of Syria's Golan Heights as Israeli territory ( Mar 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190327 : An Iranian April Surprise by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190327 : Iran resistance ( Mar 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190323 : Perpetuating the Syrian Delusion by Larry Johnson ( Mar 21, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190321 : Trump s Terrible Golan Heights Recognition Decision by Daniel Larison ( Mar 21, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190320 : Shades of Trump betrayal: Trump says he agrees 100% with keeping US troops in Syria ( Mar 07, 2019 , www.nbcnews.com )
- 20190320* In a remarkable report by British Channel 4, former CIA officials and a Reuters correspondent spoke candidly about the systematic dissemination of propaganda and misinformation in reporting on geopolitical conflicts ( Mar 07, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190318* The Why are the media playing lapdog and not watchdog – again – on war in Iraq? ( Oct 10, 2014 , The Guardian ) [Recommended]
- 20190315* Will Democrats Go Full Hawk by Jack Hunter ( Mar 14, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190314 : CIA Is Conspiring With ISIS, Turning Syrian Refugee Camps Into ISIS Hotbeds ( Mar 14, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190313 : Syria Ready for War to Regain Oil-Rich Golan Heights ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.blacklistednews.com )
- 20190311 : How do US courts value lives. It seems to depend on "who did it". ( Mar 11, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190307 : John Bolton Is Exploiting Donald Trump's Weakness - Bloomberg ( Mar 07, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190304 : Business as usual . ( Mar 01, 2019 , syria360.wordpress.com )
- 20190304 : Believe or not to believe -- this is the question ( Mar 04, 2019 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20190302 : The "Exceptional Nation" has now become the "Detestable Nation"! ( Mar 02, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190227 : US-led Coalition Evacuated ISIS Gold From Euphrates Valley Report ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : Syria Chemical Weapons Used... But Used by Whom? ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : 400 US troops in Syria? OK ( turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190227 : Trump policy is Syria ia classis divide and conquer tactic, plus money for weapons ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : Of course, everyone can interpret international humanitarian law in his own way. As Belgrade was being bombed, the targets were a train moving on a bridge, or a television centre, and this was also regarded as normal. But we don't intend to follow these sorts of international humanitarian law interpretations ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : Compromise With Terrorists In Idlib Is Impossible, They Must Be Eliminated: Russian Deputy Foreign Minister ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : Kurds always pick the worst option possible because on the surface it looks most attractive ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190227 : Syria Sitrep - French Officer Criticizes U.S. Way Of War - Assad Offers Kurds Some Autonomy ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190226 : The USA 'lost' in Syria in a sense that the opposing coalition incl. Iran and Russia couldn't be faced off successfully. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190226 : Bolton's financial disclosures show that between September 2015 and April 2018, he received $165,000 from the Counter-Extremism Project (CEP), a group with overlapping staffers, board members, and finances with UANI. According to the Bolton's disclosures, the payments were "consulting fees." ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Syria is awash with illegality UK hid SAS involvement in Syria to avoid being allied to US ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190222 : 'Cheney wants you out,' Bustani recalled Bolton saying, referring to the then-vice president of the United States. 'We can't accept your management style.' ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190219 : Foreign Policy is More Than Just War and Peace ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190219* Tulsi Gabbard kills New World Order bloodbath in thirty seconds ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.veteranstoday.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190219* Warmongers in their ivory towers - YouTube ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190217* The goal of any war is the redistribution of taxpayer money into the bank accounts of MIC shareholders and executives ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190211 : Please help us American people. They are destroying the cradle of civilization. Stop your government ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190206 : Bolton unplugged RT ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190205 : John Bolton Insists Iran Likely Harboring Dangerous Terrorist Osama Bin Laden ( Feb 05, 2019 , politics.theonion.com )
- 20190205 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Is this the Trump Doctrine - TTG ( Feb 05, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190204 : More US weapons entering Syria as well as extra troops. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190203 : SDF has refused an offer by IS to surrender in exchange for safe passage to Idlib and Turkey ( Feb 03, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190203 : Horrifying, Personal John Bolton Story ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190131 : Sic Semper Tyrannis ( Jan 31, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190130 : The thugs for Wall Street have taken DC. Trump might as well go home ( Jan 30, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : Abrams is obviously a Bush plant from left over CIA Bushes ( Jan 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : WTF Is Trump Thinking - A Plum Post For A Prominent Opponent ( Jan 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : Trump s Syrian withdrawal order sparks political firestorm in Washington by Bill Van Auken ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190123 : https://ejmagnier.com/2018/12/14/new-rules-of-engagement-between-syria-and-israel-as-russia-changes-its-position/]. ( Jan 23, 2019 , ejmagnier.com )
- 20190123 : Does this means escalation ? the Syrian government threatened to strike Ben Grunion Airport if Israel violates its territory again. ( Jan 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190119 : Did Israel won or lost by unleashing civil war in Syria with its Washington boss and protector ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190115 : Buchanan Is Bolton Steering Trump Into War With Iran ( Jan 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190114 : The Push to Get Rid of Bolton by Daniel Larison ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190114 : 'A Reckless Advocate of Military Force' Demands for John Bolton's Dismissal After Reports He Asked Pentagon for Options to Str ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190113 : What is wrong with Trump ( Jan 13, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190110 : How the Hawks Prevailed on Syria by Daniel Larison ( Jan 09, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190110 : Chickens coming home to roost for Trump ( Jan 10, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190109 : Mattis One More General For The Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone ( Jan 09, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190106 : Turkey Fails In Idleb, Is Unwilling To Take The Northeast ( Jan 06, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190104 : Trump Fought For His Withdrawal For a Year by Willy B ( Jan 04, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190103 : In Syria, Kurdish Fighters Face Trump Pullout, Own Mistakes ( Jan 03, 2019 , theintercept.com )
- 20190103 : How the War Party Lost the Middle East by Pat Buchanan ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190103 : By standard of Nuremberg trials Obama is a war criminal. ( Jan 03, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190103 : Most Americans are simply struck dumb by the horror of recognizing that American foreign policy was conducted by and for self-interested sociopaths long before Trump came along ( Jan 03, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190103 : After Syria, Trump Should Clean Out His National Security Bureaucracy by Doug Bandow ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190103 : Graham and Our Confused Syria Policy by DANIEL LARISON ( December 31, 2018 )
- 20190102 : situation ion Syria remains complex even if we assume that the US forces leave ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190102 : Britain must surely be in the running for the Wooden Spoon award doe 2018 ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190102 : The US did not have and coherent policy except to destroy Syria for the US' own benefit. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181230 : Trump comes clean from world's policeman to thug running a global protection racket by Finian Cunningham ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181229 : Two More Spiegel Employees Out After Fake News Scandal Expands - ( Dec 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181229 : After Syria, Trump Should Clean Out His National Security Bureaucracy by DOUG BANDOW ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181229 : Why Mattis' Exit Is A Defining Moment In US Foreign Policy ( Dec 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181228 : Send Mad Dog James Mattis to the Corporate Kennel ( Dec 28, 2018 , www.mintpressnews.com )
- 20181227 : Who Was Secretly Behind America's Invading and Occupying Syria ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20181227 : Why Mattis' Exit Is A Defining Moment In US Foreign Policy by M. K. BHADRAKUMAR ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181227 : Trump Pulls Troops Out of Syria in Desperate Attempt to Save His Presidency, Causing Geopolitical Earthquake ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20181227 : Russia, according to TASS (note the snowflakes in their logo), is not clear on US intentions in Syria and is relying on media reports ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181227 : Trump's move was driven by US domestic politics and aimed at the 2020 elections. But in doing so, Trump inevitably called out once and for all the bluffs of Obama adminsitration infuriating neocons ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181227 : Israeli attack has of a lot in common with the IL-20 atrocity - namely that the Israelis may have been deliberately hiding behind two civilian passenger jets to launch their attack ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181227 : Unwarranted Hysteria Over Syria and Afghanistan by Publius Tacitus ( Dec 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181227 : I'm sure the Trumpster is telling us peasants what we want to hear, just as he did while campaigning, and who knows if the US military will really get out of Syria on his order ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump disengagement from Syria may be (and probably is) nothing more that a tactical retreat/change in plans for which the Mattis resignation is merely a fig leaf; that is, it's just more of the same disingenuous dialectics that we've been bombarded with since the beginning of the "Trump" administration ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Syrian government forces 'enter' Kurdish-controlled Manbij region ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Netanyahu: Israel will escalate its fight against Iranian-aligned forces in Syria after the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : The destruction and destabilisation of the ME, an Israeli plan, as far as I know. ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181225 : If the Turks attack the Kurds it will be their own fault. If they don't learn the lesson of Afrin and accept the Syrian Government offer, they will be eliminated by the Turkish Army and proxy troops. ( Dec 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181225 : A Short History of How the US Went to War in Syria by Peter Van Buren ( Dec 25, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20181225 : Saudi Arabia Agrees to Finance Rebuilding of Syria - Trump ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181225 : Mattis Marks End of the Global War on Terror ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181224 : Time to Get Out of Syria by Eric Margolis ( Dec 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181224 : Mattis Resigns ( Dec 24, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181223 : Ignore the howls of protest – Trump's Syria withdrawal is a simple reflection of foreign policy realities The Independent ( Dec 23, 2018 , independent.co.uk )
- 20181223 : Good riddance to James Mattis, Trump's last general ( Dec 23, 2018 , www.salon.com )
- 20181222 : Possible end of Syria war racket upset neocons and currupt Clinton interventionists alike -- which suggest that there are two War Parties in Washington now ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222 : Did Trump have thrown Erdogan in a trap ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222 : Fallout Of Trump's Syria Withdrawal - Why Erdogan Does Not Want To Invade ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222 : Why Trump Decided To Remove U.S. Troops From Syria ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181222 : Trump's Decision to Leave Syria Was No 'Surprise' by Mark Perry ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181222 : Trump made the right decision to quit Syrian conflict by M.K. Bhadrakumar ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.atimes.com )
- 20181222 : Media's Russia Obsession Obscures How Trump's Syria Withdrawal Benefits Turkey Most ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181221 : The White House announces some sort of US troop withdrawal from Syria ( Dec 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181221* Trump End the Syria War Now by Eric Margolis ( Jul 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181221 : Looks like an o ld, sick neocon Hillarty still tries to influence events, continuing her warmongring ( Dec 21, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181210 : The American Melting Pot Can Turn Into A Volatile Mixture At The Top by Wayne Madsen ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181129 : Neocons 'Taking Over The White House' WSJ's Kissel Joins Trump Administration ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181126 : The degree of bombast coming out of the Israeli establishment is now deafening ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : October 23, 2018 at 07:28 ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181125 : Craig Murray - Historian, Former Ambassador, Human Rights Activist ( Nov 25, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181120 : Netanyahu government is about to fall ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Syria - Back In The Arab Fold ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181117 : Army Wins Al-Safa Battle - More Troops Move Towards Idelb ( Nov 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181115 : Bolton's Met His Match Melania! - Antiwar.com Original ( Nov 15, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20181114 : Bolton Vows to 'Squeeze' Iran, Escalating Sanctions - News From by Jason Ditz ( Nov 13, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181112 : Bolton's Favorite Deranged Cult ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181111* Trump's Iran Policy Cannot Succeed Without Allies The National Interest by James Clapper & Thomas Pickering ( Nov 09, 2018 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : ISIS is as authentic and real as The White Helmets ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110* The Reasons for Netanyahu's Panic by Alastair Crooke ( www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : US, Turkey risk direct military clash as they escalate war in Syria Defend Democracy Press by Barış Demir ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181109 : Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi possible connection to Israel ( Nov 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181107 : Trump is now ripe of impeachment for his crimes in Syria, but nobody will push for it ( Nov 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181107 : A must watch Jimmy Dore show ( Nov 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181105 : Both in Skriplas affair and in Syria the UK is slowly sinking to its appropriate level of incompetence and self-delusion ( Nov 05, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181026 : Russian general says US plane directed drones towards airbase in Syria News ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.dw.com )
- 20181022 : Canada to nominate Al Qaeda for Nobel Peace Prize... ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181022 : NINE British, Chechen and Turkish experts and TWO members of the White Helmets were killed in the blast at a workshop used for making chemicals in the small town of Tarmanin in Northern Idlib ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181021 : Bolton is a certified retard if he thinks he will bankrupt Russia with an arms race ( Oct 21, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181020 : Trump is de facto neocon ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : Father Dani l in Syria 'Fake News is Imposed With Great Enthusiasm in the West, While Channels of Truth Are Closed' by Bahar Azizi ( Oct 11, 2018 , www.sott.net )
- 20181012 : Putin, the responsible adult, is doing the World a huge favor with his Syrian S300 therapy ( Oct 12, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181012 : CIA democrat Obama was 100% involved in unleashing Syria war ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : The Pantsir is a Lord-have mercy self-defense weapon once the Israelis have already decided to come over for another spot of target practice. The S-300 is to tell them in advance to stay the fuck away ( Oct 12, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181012 : Terrorists Want America to Reverse Engineer Russian Machineguns by Michael Peck ( Oct 12, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181012 : Russia's answer to this theory? "Let the Israelis test our system and we shall see the results" ( Oct 09, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181012 : Hysterical accusations were being levelled at the Syrian government, in an attempt to engineer immediate air strikes, on the basis of irrelevant evidence, at a time when the people doing this really ought to have known that relevant evidence tests on 'environmental' samples would shortly become available. ( Oct 12, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181009 : The level of skills in Syria air defence in th past was low ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : S-300s and other military hardware for Syria, by The Saker - The Unz Review ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Rogue Nations, US, UK, France and Germany in Talks to Attack Warn-Torn, Heroic Syria Without Cause ( Oct 02, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180929 : The Airwaves Are Still Heaving With Spin Two Days After US Airstrikes Against by Sharmine Narwani ( Sep 26, 2014 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180929 : Rogue Nations, US, UK, France and Germany in Talks to Attack Warn-Torn, Heroic Syria Without Cause ( Sep 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180927 : Russia and the Taming of the Israelis by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : When Fake Countries Go to War by Doug Bandow ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180926 : Hired to Drain the Swamp, Fired in Less Than a Year ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180925 : Why did the Il-20 was not protected by our fighters? by Victor Alksnis ( Sep 18, 2018 , vz.ru )
- 20180925 : Bolton Hates the Nuclear Deal Because It Proves Diplomacy Works ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180925 : Why do i smell a false flag coming soon on CNN! ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180925 : USA/Israel/NATO would love for Russia to lash out against Israel for a provocation such as this Ilyushin 20 downing; but as the author suggests Russia knows it could not withstand the combined forces of NATO/Israel/USA in the Syrian theatre. Russia would not stand a chance. ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Russia had rejected the request by Israel for the bombing raid near Latakia. Seems Netanyahou decided to ignore Russia and go ahead with the mission ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180925 : The Path to World War III by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Consequences - TTG ( Sep 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180925 : Russia Beefs Up Syria's Air Defenses - Tells Hotheads To Cool Down ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180924 : Not only Russian and (allegedly) Israeli and French aircraft and missiles were in the air. Civilian radar also tracked British Royal Air Force aircraft, which, unusually, had switched on their transponders and gone into holding patterns." If true, this strongly suggests a set-up and with NATO involvement ( Sep 20, 2018 , disqus.com )
- 20180923 : "White Helmets" is used in preference to the alternative, all too well associated in the popular imagination with the acme of American culture: the Western. ( Sep 23, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180923 : One minute warning was a part of Israeli plan ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Let's put it this way, once Russians and Americans begin to kill each-other, Israel goes immediately down. In fact, it will cease to exist as a state. But who wants to pay such a price? Bibi knows that. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : 'Criminal negligence' or disregard to Russia-Israel ties MoD details chronology of Il-20 downing -- RT World News ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180923 : Israel to Continue Military Op in Syria Despite Il-20 Downing Lieberman - Sputnik International ( Sep 23, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180923 : Attempt to blame Putin ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I will be watching the Russian Mayday parades with photos of killed relatives in a totally different light from now on – those people in the photos are the victims of the Russian elite ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : PUTIN DOESN'T BLINK AS ISRAEL TAKES DOWN RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT IN HUGE ATTACK ON SYRIA TO DERAIL PEACE IN IDLIB by Jonathan Azaziah ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.fort-russ.com )
- 20180923 : RUSSIA'S IL-20 DOWNING RESPONSE - THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN NEXT - Fort Russ ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.fort-russ.com )
- 20180923 : Urgent Britain, US, France plan to strike Russian base in Syria ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.fort-russ.com )
- 20180923 : Russia Capable of Closing Syrian Airspace for Israel - Senior Russian MP ( Sep 23, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180923 : Report on Findings of Russian IL-20 Shot Down in Syria ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.plenglish.com )
- 20180923 : Putin, Israel and the downed Il-20 by The Saker ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Russians reiterated the official position that " The blame for the downed Russian plane and for the death of the crew lies entirely on the Israeli side ". ENTIRELY. ( Sep 23, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180923 : The Syrian ceasefire proves how far Putin has come out on top by Patrick Cockburn ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : Downing of Russian Jet Israel Fears Putin Will Clip Its Wings in Syria ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180922 : An Analysis of the Downing of Russia's Il20 with 15 Onboard - Veterans Today News - Military Foreign Affairs Policy ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180922 : Russia has begun stepping up operations off the coast of Syria following the downing of a military aircraft ( Sep 22, 2018 , badrepublic.wordpress.com )
- 20180922 : We came within a whisker of WW3, and are probably lucky we can still type ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180922 : Putin Keeps Cool And Averts WWIII As Israeli-French Gamble In Syria Backfires Spectacularly ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180921 : One must ask why Putin is acting this way. ( Sep 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180921 : Israeli F-16s Scrambled to Cover Behind the Russian Il-20 Because They Had Been Painted by Syrian Air Defense Radars ( Sep 21, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180921 : Setting up the Russian Il-20 to Be Shot Down Is a Win-Win for Israel by Marko Marjanović ( Sep 18, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180921 : Alksnis question: "and the death of Il-20 and its crew? The defense Ministry tells us stories that Israeli fighters were hiding behind the Il-20, attacking Latakia, and so the Syrians shot down our plane. Why wasn't the Il-20 covered by our fighters? ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.kp.md )
- 20180921 : Great Interview on the Il-20 Shootdown With a Russian Air Defense Colonel by Viktor Baranets ( Sep 21, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180921 : "The-French-frigate-shot-it-down" is yet another blatant diversion/dilution/dispersion narrative from the Masters of Narrative and their minions elsewhere and here, who know better than the Russian MoD ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180920 : AFP published a denial by France that it launched any missiles ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180920 : If the military deconfliction agreement is similar to or the same as that with the US, then Israel should have given advance notice through that deconfliction channel. Going by statements by the Russian military and Putin, Israel has abused this agreement as did the US in their attack on Dier Ezzor. ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180920 : Decoding Putin's Response To Attack In Syria by Tom Luongo ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180920 : Every time one of these incidents happens, a flood of "chicken-hawks" come out of the woodwork demanding that Russia should "release the S700s" and "shoot everything down," etc. ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180920 : A hoped-for goal of this FUKUS stunt.may have been Russia's retaliation in order to launch Libya style operation against Syria ( Sep 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180919 : Guardian journos are proclaiming themselves the bastion of free speech, when in reality they are the enemies of it. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Does Israel really care? It seems that Bibi Netanyahu and Avigdor Lieberman believe they can act with impunity since no one has held them to account to date. ( Sep 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180919 : Russia Not Received Data From Israel on Situation With IL - 20 in Syria - Peskov ( Sep 19, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180919 : Putins measured diplomacy and apparent charitable responses to deliberate provocations have two downsides' Russian public opinion of /Putin as "weak" and the emboldening of American neocons. ( Sep 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180919 : Another obvious question is why only the 'one minute' warning time was given by IAF. ( Sep 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180919 : Whet crew of Il-20 was doing when Israeli jets approach it and fly above and form a bookshelf formation? ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Destroying Syria is primary for US Hegemony and Israeli dominance ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Russia does not have a fifth column in Israel, it is probably the other way round. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : E>e are now faced with the imminent threat of either an Anglo/Zionist victory in Syria or WW3 ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Open Thread Russian Plane Brought Down in Syria ( Sep 19, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180919 : You probably can call shooting down IL-20 a NATO attack ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : "Israeli military delegation led by air force commander to travel to Moscow to share information on Il-20 plane crash. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : on September 19, 2018 at 3:31 pm EST/EDT ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Russia options are limited ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : It is a promise or threat being honored. For months we have we have been hearing high ranking American officials openly advocating that their goal in Syria was to make as many as possible Russian military return home in body bags ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : NATO ships are still off the Syrian coast. Why ? For what purpose ? Just keeping them at sea must cost millions of dollars. Are they waiting for something ? ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180918 : Israel did not warn the command of the Russian troops in Syria about the planned operation ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180918 : The radical Israeli zionists are convinced, it seems, that a peaceful, secular, stable Syria will seek to invade and destroy Israel. That's delusional ( Sep 18, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180918 : Putin and Erdogan Plan Syria-Idlib DMZ ( Sep 18, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180918 : The Israeli pilots used the Russian plane as cover and set it up to be targeted by the Syrian air defense forces. ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180917 : Attacking an international airport in close proximity to an event hosting thousands of civilians from around the world has a degree of hideousness about it that recalls the terrorism waged by Begin and his gang prior to Israel being carved out of Palestine. ( Sep 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180917 : The Dirty Dozen: 12 lies they tell you to anaesthetise you for the upcoming bombing of Syria by Peter Ford ( Sep 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180917 : The Bluffer's Guide to Bombing Syria By Peter Ford ( Sep 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180917 : Lawrence Wilkerson on the Neocons Plan: War in Syria, Then Iran by Adam Dick ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180917 : The Syria Deception: Al Qaeda Goes To Hollywood ( Sep 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180916 : While some countries may be trying to get off the sinking ship called "Assad must go", Israel is doing what Israel does best, flout international law and launch another attack on Syria ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180916 : A typical White helmet rescues always had a small diesel fire and usually some white smoke, a bunch of rescuers who ran into the building while the commenter gave a speech, and then rescuers ran the rescued infants past the camera while the narrator gave a 'moral' speech. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180916 : The Dutch have come forward with a report by Wilibrord Davids on the legality of participating in the Iraq War. The ruling was a devastating blow to the Dutch as it was illegal under International Law ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180915 : FUKUS Turkey are now al-qa ida s allies. (editorial) ( turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180915 : The Dike Breaks - Netherland Ends Support For White Helmets Terrorist Propaganda ( Sep 15, 2018 , >www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180915 : Kerry Trashes Trump Amidst Iran Row 8-Year Old Boy With The Insecurity Of A Teenage Girl ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180915 : since September 9, the White Helmets have been staging rehearsals of an alleged chemical attack in Khan Shaykhun, Russian officials say in the same statement, claiming that the rehearsals feature up to 30 civilians, including a dozen children aged 8-12. ( Sep 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180915 : "The United States does not seek to fight the Russians" a Pentagon spokesman said. "However, the United States will not hesitate to use necessary and proportionate force to defend US, coalition or partner forces ( Sep 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180915 : No US Interests Are Served by Trump s Endless, Illegal War in Syria by Daniel Larison ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180913 : Heather Nauert (Spokesperson for the United States Department of State): The United States and the international community continue to support the heroic work of White Helmets ( Sep 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180912 : "Staged Filming of False Flag 'Chemical Attacks' Has Begun in Idlib ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Amazing that the Veterans' letter was sent on the 9/11 in protest to the US government support for Al Qaeda. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Colin Wright ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : US Again Cries 'Chemical Warfare' in Syria by Scott Ritter ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180912 : US Says Assad Has Approved Gas Attack In Syria's Idlib ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.mintpressnews.com )
- 20180911* Is Donald Trump Going to Do the Syria Backflip by Publius Tacitus ( Sep 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180911 : Greg Bacon ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Merkel want to illegally bomb Syria like her puppetmaster Trump ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180910 : The only way that FUKUS can prevent R+6 from taking Idlib is to convince Turkey to enter Idlib for humanitarian reasons. ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180910 : US Says Assad Has Approved Gas Attack In Idlib, Setting Stage For Major Military Conflict ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180910 : Should Assad subsequently fall - and that is the actual aim of intervention - then Syria will become another anarchic wasteland ruled over by fundamentalist warlords. ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180909 : The Yinon Plan, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority stipulates reconfiguration of its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : If the SAA and allies wait more than a week they may lose their initiative as surely something spectacular is being devised, they need to keep moving fast right through the chemical stunt and what ever the reaction is. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180909 : A country where an immigrant Sikh girl can become a neocon ambassador ( Sep 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180908 : Ayatollah Khamenei: Iran, Russia can cooperate to contain US-Trump ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180908 : Turkey, Russia seek Idlib consensus in Tehran ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.atimes.com )
- 20180907 : Israel Armed, Funded 12 Different Syrian Rebel Groups ( Sep 07, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20180907 : Syria war - US has seen evidence chemical weapons being prepared ( Sep 07, 2018 , bbc.co.uk )
- 20180907 : Mattis lies. Jihadists will> try to divert responsibility for their own crimes onto Syrians who just want peace in all of Syria with no more cowardly attacks on Syrians going about their own business ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180906 : How Obama and Netanyahu Overplayed Their Hand in The Arab Spring ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com )
- 20180903 : Provocations Have A History Of Escalating Into War by Paul Craig Roberts ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : US Strategy in Syria: 'Create Quagmires Until We Get What We Want ( Sep 02, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180831 : That's the siren song: "Mr. President we can guarantee victory in the Midterms and your re-election, if you just let us do some conventional damage in Syria." ( Aug 31, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180831 : Trump is relying on shoddy "analysis" offered up by propagandists and ideologues. They don't, or at least they don't care, as long as they get what they want. They want Iran destroyed, just as the neocons wanted their war on Iraq, and spent the better part of fifteen years concocting excuses until Bush came into office. ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180831 : Iran Hawks Always Get Iran Wrong by DANIEL LARISON ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180831 : The Trump Administration's Cruel Collective Punishment of the Iranian People by DANIEL LARISON ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180831 : John Bolton is, I believe, the scariest character in Trump's administration ( Aug 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180829 : Bolton calls on Al-Qaeda to stage more chemical attacks in Syria by Diana Johnstone ( Aug 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180826 : Trump and Corbyn by Israel Shamir ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180825 : Seize the transnational corporations to rebuild Syria-, by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180825 : The White Helmets are saddling up for another ride ( Aug 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180825 : The Trump administration and Iran by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180819 : Economics ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180817 : Lavrov Gives Tillerson a Brilliant History Lesson on US Interventionism ( Aug 17, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180814 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials 'Dissent' Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808* Ten Bombshell Revelations From Seymour Hersh's New Autobiography ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180808 : Has US misread the Iranian street ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.csmonitor.com )
- 20180808 : Trump Warns Allies Risk Severe Consequences If They Violate Iran Sanctions ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180807 : More Lies About the White Helmets by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : A "Tour d'horizon" of the ME - Lang's opinion ( Aug 07, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180807 : On Iran, the Neocons Are No Ronald Reagan by Barbara Slavin ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180807 : Iran sactions will be another instance of Trump learning that intimidating countries is a different game than making hotel project deals ( Aug 07, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180807 : Would War With Iran Doom Trump by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180806 : Trump Warns Allies Risk Severe Consequences If They Violate Iran Sanctions Zero Hedge ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180805 : Has US misread the Iranian street ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.csmonitor.com )
- 20180803 : Syria war US-led strikes on Raqqa may be war crimes, Amnesty International says ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.cnn.com )
- 20180803 : Would War With Iran Doom Trump by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : Russia can mediate a grand bargain on Syria ( Jul 25, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180727 : Natylie's Place Analysis Book Reviews on U.S. Foreign Policy and Russia ( Jul 27, 2018 , natyliesbaldwin.com )
- 20180723 : A link to an article on how Western NGOs and terrorist groups hire Syrian refugees as actors in their videos through social media sites ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180723 : Christianity was formed after Jesus was executed to protect the money lenders as a protest against debt slavery ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180722 : Israel helping move 800 White Helmets out of Syria via Jordan report -- RT World News ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180722 : MSM has made patently false claims about Douma false flag: the coverage can be viewed as classic fake news case ( Jul 22, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180719 : A Tale of Two Poisonings by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Lies About Putin and Syria by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : Syria and geopolitics of oil ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180716 : Big Oil s has a long history of compromising national security for profit ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180714 : Is Washington Playing Iran's Useful Idiot in Syria The American Conservative ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180709 : Syria in Perspective Fabricating Incidents to Incriminate The Syrian Government. Peter Ford Global Research - Centre for Res ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180709 : Israel supported Al Qaeda in Syria: Former Mossad Chief ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : 'Propaganda organization' White Helmets 'engage in anti-Assad activities' author Sy Hersh ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180709 : Heated Debate: Kevork Almassian vs. FSA opposition representatives ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Only a small fraction of reporters are reliable truthtellers and not misinformers/ disinformers/ propagandists/ self-censorer-for-job-security. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180709 : Sic Semper Tyrannis No nerve or other chemical agent at Douma - OPCW ( Jul 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180709 : White helmets and Douma false flag are typical intelligence guided propaganda operation ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180709 : Alt-media websites that you probably can mostly trust ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180708 : Syria - OPCW Issues First Report Of Chemical Weapon Attack in Douma ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180706 : Ralph Peters is a nice example of the nuttiest neocons around ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : 'Propaganda organization': White Helmets 'engage in anti-Assad activities' author Sy Hersh ( Jul 03, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180628 : What is John Bolton s role in Trump s ME drama? ( Jun 28, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180627 : The SAA is rapidly clearing out the foreign terrorists in the south of the country ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180625 : Are al-Qaeda Affiliates Fighting Alongside US Rebels in Syria's South? ( Jun 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180621 : The pieces of the Syria puzzle are beginning to fall into place ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180621 : The NYT's front page propaganda piece on the Ghouta chemical attack ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180621 : The Diseased, Lying, Condition of America's 'News'Media by Eric ZUESSE ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180621 : Mad Dog Mattis, the destroyer of Raqqa, frets about losing moral authority by Finian Cunningham ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180618 : Aircraft of the American coalition bombarded one of our military positions in the area of Al-Hari southeast of Albu Kamal ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180618 : ASSAD US and Israeli intervention prevents reconciliation in Syria (Interview) by Frank Sellers ( Jun 18, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180617 : Al-Qaeda claims it is 'fighting alongside' US-backed coalition forces in Yemen by Bethan McKernan ( May 02, 2018 , independent.co.uk )
- 20180616 : White Helmets A tool for 'regime change' in Syria that's too important to stop funding ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180613* How False Flag Operations Are Carried Out Today by Philip M. GIRALDI ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180612 : Is Putin really ready to ditch Iran by The Saker ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Betting the Farm in SW Syria ( Jun 12, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180612 : Hala Jaber's interview with the Syrian President ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180606 : Despite the fact that Trump folded, for the foreseeable future the Neocons will continue to focus their energy on trying to impeach Trump by the Saker ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606 : >John Bolton is now part of the Cambridge Analytica scandal ( Jun 06, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180605 : With MBS supposedly dead, how will Saudi will change their oil policy? How much longer will the Saudi and international press be able to remain silent on this? ( Jun 05, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180601 : Illusion: The international campaign to unseat Bashar Assad is really an Izreaili campaign. In reality, secular nationalist Arab regimes were eliminated by the USA as regimes hostile to neoliberalism and neoliberal globalization ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180531* Journalists and academics expose UK's criminal actions in the Middle East by Julie Hyland ( May 31, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180529 : The Saudi Lobby s Scheme to Destroy the Iran Deal by By William D. Hartung and Ben Freeman ( May 23, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180528 : Shatter Syria into small statelets is the neocons goal; It was also one of the original goals of Iraq invasion too ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180527 : Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is Run by MI6 ( May 27, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180521 : Trump's New Campaign Against Iran Will Not Achieve Its Aims ( May 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180520 : Missiles' Exchange Rate by Evgeniy Satanovskiy ( May 20, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180520 : Syria Sit-Rep - Liberating The M5 Lifeline ( May 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180520 : Exclusive: Dangerous Phase of Terrorism, Trump's Israeli Connections Proved (Updated) ( May 20, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180520 : Palestine urges Arab allies to recall envoys in Washington ( May 17, 2018 , www.dailysabah.com )
- 20180520 : US sanctions entities linked to Lebanon's Hezbollah ( May 17, 2018 , www.dailysabah.com )
- 20180514 : After US administration announced that America would no longer be funding the white helmets propaganda outfit in the UK parliament an opposition member of parliament was practically foaming at the mouth with rage and demanded of prime minister Mrs May that the UK would be continuing to fund the white helmets ( May 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180514 : Israel will now drive the US to war with Iran. ( May 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180513 : Russia goals in Syria vs Iran and Hezbollah goals ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Why Is Israel Behaving Like Hitler's Germany by Publius Tacitus ( May 12, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180512 : A curious thing happened the other day when someone in the US administration announced that America would no longer be funding the white helmets propaganda outfit. Over here in the UK parliament an opposition member of parliament was practically foaming at the mouth with rage and demanded of prime minister Mrs May that the UK would be continuing to fund the white helmets. ( May 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180512 : Closing Hormuz would likely be the Iranian response to a sustained bombing campaign. A single strike on a nuclear facility could elicit a missile strike on the attacking party (US, Isreal or both.) Or it could involve multiple attacks on vulnerable US troops in Iraq and Syria. Iran has several rungs in its escalation ladder. It doesn't have to jump to the top one all at once. ( May 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180512 : Yet another Israely false flag operation is needed to suck the US into attacking Iran. Supposed 'Iranian' counter-attack sets oil tankers ablaze (For maximum PR effect do not sink them) in the Hormuz straights closing the gulf to shipments of Gulf sourced oil. Oil prices temporarily spike to over $200 a barrel ( May 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180512 : Bolton diplomacy: "We know where your kids live. You have two sons in New York." ( May 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180510 : Trump Ends The Nuclear Deal With Iran - What s Next ( May 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180509* Trotskyist Delusions, by Diana Johnstone ( May 05, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180504 : >MoD accidentally reveals British drones firing thermobaric missiles in Syria ( May 04, 2018 , dronewars.net )
- 20180501 : It is disgusting how anti-war pre-president Trump becomes Hillary copycat after election: another Obama-style bait and switch maneuver to deceive US electorate ( May 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180501 : Why Is Israel Desperate To Escalate Syrian Conflict by Nauman Sadiq ( May 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180501 : Israel is the main beneficiary of Syria war and the US hostility to Iran including Trump attempt to withdraw from JCPOA ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Anti-Iran hysteria is just another round of manufactured consent ( May 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180501 : Netanyahoo's Iran Files are Well Known, Old and Purloined from Vienna ( May 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180501 : I'm astonished that anyone would think that Putin doesn't understand the US or what is going on in the Syria theater. ( May 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180501 : Each American President needs to start at least one new war to feed military industrial complex and placated neocons -- their lobbists ( May 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180501 : Dumb Moves Have Consequences, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : What was used on attack on ammunition depots? ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : An absolutely stunning breaking interview of the Syrian independent member of parliament Fares Shehabi by the BBC hardtalk program ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : MoA - Netanyahoo To Again Cry Wolf - But Something Bigger Is Up (Updated) ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : Trump talks tough against Iran, but his political options are limited by Patrick Cockburn ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180429 : The Guardian has become tabloid. ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : Macron and Syria ( Apr 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180429 : Oil, Izreal, Syria, and Kirkuk to Haifa pipeline ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : Western Media Complicit in War Crimes ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180429 : The conflict in Syria has never been a "civil war", and the anti-government forces are almost entirely Israel-Saudi-U.S. Axis-supported terrorist mercenaries, not "rebels". ( Apr 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180429 : A fact hidden under the cone of silence imposed by the western MSM is that the present president (Assad) and the parliament of Syria were elected under democratic conditions observed by international election observers under the new constitution in 2014 ( Apr 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180429 : Useful idiots for White helmets or dirty accomplices? ( Apr 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180429 : The Stupidity of Trying to 'Rewrite' the Nuclear Deal The American Conservative by Daniel Larison ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180429 : Macron's Tough Message to Washington by Eric Margolis ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180428 : Our Useless Clients and Trump's Misguided Plan for Syria by Daniel Larison ( www.antiwar.com )
- 20180428 : The Syria Narrative Comes Apart With Sen. Richard Black by Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180427 : Syria Oil Play ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : @Ian56 full ten minute Skype interview with BBC news night is truly epic. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Syrian Forces Discover UK, German-Made Chemical Weapons Depot In Douma ( Apr 27, 2018 , muraselon.com )
- 20180427 : White Helmets "gas cilinders" fake now exposed ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Western intelligence and White helmets -- a team working toward common goal ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : The cylinder was likely hauled by the "authors of the staged video" from outside, the official stated, as "multiple chips and dragging marks at the stairwell" indicated. An apartment below was being used by its owner to breed chickens, and all the livestock miraculously "made through the so-called chemical attack alive ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Syria/Russia have assembled a large body of evidence regarding the White Helmets, the staged filming and other falsifications which show convincingly that no chemical attack occurred; Westerm MSM journalists covering Douma should be prosecuted as war criminals in Hague ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Douma false flag created possibilities for Syria to acquire the S300 and deny US and Israeli air supremacy. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Russia "will not allow" another US attack on Syria premised on a false flag event... ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : It seems to me that the reason none of the MSM are doing any investigating/reporting of the Salisbury affair, apart from official handouts, is that the government have slapped a D-Notice over the whole incident and it is not possible to report that a notice has been issued. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Back during Obama s attempts to portray Iran as having a nuclear weapons program, one poll taken of US citizens found seventy-one percent believed Iran not only had a nuclear weapons program, but that Iran actually had nuclear weapons. ( Apr 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180427 : Roger Stone said that he has known John Bolton since the Reagan years. Stone claims Bolton is not a neocon warmonger but a guy who is a staunch believer in the old doctrine of peace through strength. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Israel basically dictates Washington's official policies in the Mideast, it is Israel every bit as much as either occupied Washington or subservient Saudi Arabia that is probably most responsible for the anti-Assad chaos and carnage inside Syria. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Apparently Trump is backtracking on the US Troop pullout from Syria, or he was lying in the first place when he made that announcement: ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : By over a year in office, Agent Orange proved that (A) He lack experience of dealing with the key issues arising in his new job, and (B) he does not understand the quote from the other Donald who isn't a duck about "known unknowns" ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180426 : The Skripal case and Douma false flag in Syria are clumsy, amateur attempts to push the US empire into war ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Real Journalist Shreds CNN On Air Over S-y-r-i-a Coverage ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180425 : Why did the Russians allow Israel so much freedom in Syria..from the start of their Syrian project? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The British dishonorable military officers run White Helmet rank-and-file: Any Qs about le Mesurier' and Tilley' devotion to militant Islamists and fanatical Israelis when good money is paid for the devotion? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : HARPER UNMASKING THE WHITE HELMETS ( Apr 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180425 : The US claim of 100% effectiveness of their weapons system and 0% of the Syrian/Russian systems, this is plainly nonsense. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Are the Russians Correct by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If Mattis didn't know about it, then he should have done and likewise with Trump ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : The anti-Russia agenda continues along with the anti-truth-in-Syria agenda ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180423 : Tucker Carlson reporting on Syria ( Apr 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180423 : Syrian Narratives the Worthy, the Scurvy, and the Topsy-Turvy by Wendy Davis ( Apr 23, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180423 : Former Saudi Ambassador to the United States and Director General of Saudi Arabia's intelligence agency Prince Turki al Faisal debated Ambassador Hossein Mousavian, a former spokesman for Iran's nuclear negotiators ( Apr 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180423 : Very, very, very touching video of a child's testimony on the atrocities of ISIS in Deir Ezzor. ( Apr 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180422 : A very large amount of ammunition and equipment captured by SAA in East Qalamoun ( Apr 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180422 : Here is a video of someone who was in Aleppo documenting events at the fall of Allepo, and is also discussing the White Helmets issue on the Jimmy Dore Show ( Apr 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180422 : Beware Of White Helmets Bearing News by Ann Wright ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180422 : The Final Nail in the Russian Collusion Conspiracy Theory Coffin Comes at a Price by by Nathan McDonald ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180422* The Crisis Is Only In Its Beginning Stages by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180421* Amazingly BBC newsnight just started preparing viewers for the possibility that there was no sarin attack, and the missile strikes might just have been for show ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180421* It s a tough old world and we are certainly capable of a Salisbury set-up and god knows what else in Syria. ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180421 : This guy skipped past the censors. He explains how there has been lots of Western intervention against Syria. ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : A remarkable part of Syrian constitution that the USA wants to be modified or abandoned ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : The White Helmets claim to support all Syrian people although when Jaish al-Islam surrendered to the SAG and were exiled to northern Aleppo (or where ever), all the White Helmets fled with Jaish al-Islam. ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : White Helmets in Douma play the same role as Ahmed Chalabi and the Iraqi National Congress played in Iraq WDM fiasco ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : In an interview with The Guardian newspaper, Blix said, "I have my detractors in Washington. There are bastards who spread things around, of course, who planted nasty things in the media." ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : Douma, US imperialism, and While Helmets ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : The UN report on previous attacks confirmed that Assad's allegation that a video had been staged have solid ground. It concludes that the patients on the video "appear relatively unaffected by the typical symptoms. ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : White Helmets tend to be hard line Islamists and send out propaganda videos ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : When the dust has settled in Syria and people get round to writing their memoirs the White Helmets will be revealed to be nothing more to the British government than a sophisticated black propaganda op ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : The couple Merkel/Sauer knows exactly how to evaluate that so-called evidence in Douma false flag ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : And another twist to the Duma saga ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : If Edmond Mulet is involve in Douma gas investigation, Syria Arab Republic and Russia Federation are guilty. ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Speaking of propaganda outlets ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Napalm is worse than chemical weapons. So are white phosphorous and Dense Inert Metal Explosives (DIME) used by "Israel" against Palestinians ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Bare-faced lies in the Guardian ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Syria - Who Is Stalling The OPCW Investigation In Douma ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : When the FO is headed by Boris 'Serial liar' Johnson it becomes very hard to know who to believe. But when neoliberal MSM cut somebody on air, you know is it better to beleave this guy ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : Operation Timber Sycamore and Douma false falg ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : The scientific service of the german Bundestag calls the bombing contrary to international law ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : S-300 as Carrot and Stick ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Trump and Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : The outcome is that the US can no longer count on air superiority anywhere in the world where Russian air defences operate ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : Russia has transferred forty Pantsir-S1 air defense systems to Syria' Air Defence ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : There's no good option in Syria by Jonathan Freedland ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : CIA, MI6 and rebels: Rebels can be genuine protesters but they will brutally used by CIA and MI6 for nefarious purposes ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : The vast majority of supposed 'NGO's' are fronts for jihadists 'rebels' who want an Islamist state ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : Whose sarin by Seymour M. Hersh ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180421 : Timber Sycamore ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180421 : Neoliberal media and goverment talking points ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : OK - its the We Cannot Do Nothing, Therefore We Must Do Something, Therefore We Must Bomb Them argument. ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : How about some basic honesty about the role the US and it's allies have played in fostering and continue if this civil war ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : Pay for what? Be President of a country marked out for regime change by the West and successfully managing to fight off the West's proxy armies of terrorists over seven years in defence of that country? ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : These children are not the casualties of a gas attack ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : First Joust by Israel Shamir ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421 : Ruling Class Operatives Say the Darndest Things On Devils Known and Not ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180421 : Macron as greedy neocon. His support of Douma false flag attack is related to selling weapons to Saudi monarchy ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : But where is the incontrovertible proof that the regime is in fact responsible for the attack rather than 'rebel groups' now on the point of final defeat, who'd wish to draw in the major NATO powers ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : The most simple explanation for the disaster in Syria is that a sovereign state protected its national interest from an international contingent of mercenaries. ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : Should Assad subsequently fall - and that is the actual aim of intervention - then Syria will become another anarchic wasteland ruled over by fundamentalist warlords. ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : The Great Game Comes to Syria by Conn Hallinan ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180420 : The Syrian situation was made far worse by the USA / France and the UK arming extremist Islamic groups during the ' Arab Spring ' in an attempt to depose the legitimate ruler of a sovereign nation. ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : Russia has transferred forty Pantsir-S1 air defense systems to Syria' Air Defence ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : It is hard to be pro interventionist after the epical f*up in Iraq and Libya and previous chemical weapons false flag staged by jihadists ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : Skripal and Douma incidents were preceded by extremely intense diplomatic activity between Saudi Arabia, Washington, Paris and London this year, with multiple top level visits between capitals, is presumably supposed to be coincidence. ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : How come other countries are not getting involved in a Iraq 2.0 just the same warmongers who want to test their new toys... USA, France and us ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : How neoliberal MSM twist facts ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : As the British government release shedloads of crocodile tears over their paid for White Helmet video footage, and moan like spiteful children how they want to bomb more people, let look at some other inconvenient facts ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420* Stench of hypocrisy British 'war on terror' strategic ties with radical Islam by John Wight ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180419 : The biggest damage from the strikes on Syria was to the credibility of the US, French and Airstrip One governments. In the days of dubya at least some effort was put into the false flags ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419* The Neocons Are Selling Koolaid Again! by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180419 : Effectiveness of anti cruse missiles weapons: 47 of the 71 intercepts they claim were done by modern Pantsir and Buk systems that Syria purchased around 2010. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump's Missile Fiasco: Did the Pentagon collaborate with Moscow on which targets to hit? by Mike Whitney ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180418 : Ever heard of the British Army s 77th Brigade? ( Apr 18, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180418 : Douma Chemical Attack False Flag Operation EXPOSED! ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180418 : The video is definitely genuine. I watched it all, and it looked very credible ( Apr 18, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180418 : The magnitude and complexity of the task Russia took on when it agreed to intervene in Syria. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : An excellent summary of the whole Syrian war right up to the present ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : IRGC-controlled Syrian militia declares jihad against US forces in Syria ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : I don't find anything convincing about this FUBAR administration intention to go to full scale war in Syria. Certainly it is not a government fit to go to another war (not having won a war in fifty years, not for lack of trying). ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : CBS correspondents as members of White Helmets ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : The videos showing persons (White Helmets?) rushing into the site of the alleged chemical attack and pouring water on the "victims" speak for themselves. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Syrian boy Hasan Diab, who was presented in a staged White Helmets video as a victim of a chemical attack in Douma, revealed the details of its filming. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Macron Napoleonic complex ( Apr 18, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180418 : No coherent or rational narrative behind US action in Syria, but rather a series of self-contradicting escalations and de-escalations, depending upon who holds the strongest hand at any given moment ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Damage inflicted and the number of rocket that hit university campus ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Theresa May and her family personally have made possibly millions, by the illegal and unsanctioned attack on Syria the other day ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Rand Paul Tells Wolf Blitzer He Thinks Syria Gassing Was False Flag ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180418 : The US Deep State doesn't want to "conquer" any country. Then they'd have to pay the bill for the destruction they caused... think an actual Marshall Plan, not the Iraq and Afghan Debacles. It is not trying to "win". It is trying to destroy those countries' ability to function outside the iron-fist influence of the IMF/BIS ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Catch 22 in Douma false flag ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : There was a credible interview of an ISIS commander sometime last year, he stated that they had direct guidance and on-the ground advisors from many countries ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Douma Chemical Attack False Flag Operation Exposed ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Russian show with Yakov Kedmi really surprised and disturbed me ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Neoliberal propagandists and warmongers at Guardian return to their Iraq war glory ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Propaganda war around Douma false flag: It's gone well beyond craven. As Murray wrote, it's now Goebbels Land ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : The sinister role of French intelligence ion Douma event and attempts to hide their involvement ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : That fancy tunnel with the chemical factory looks like "Made In USA". Very impressive ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Rand Paul throws Wolf Blitzer a big curve ball on CNN, says he is suspecting this is another false flag... ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Trump just can stop lying ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : More on the Skripal/Douma false flag connection ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : US Reporter in Douma Nobody Heard or Saw Anything Like a 'Chemical Attack' ( Apr 18, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180418 : MSM do not want to embarrass Trump ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Blatant exploitation of the delay of arrival of OPCW inspectors to Douma for propaganda purposes ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Chinese position of Douma false flag ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Voting in UN on Russian resolution ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Possible sup ply of Russian S300 to Syria ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : The USA bombings do not hinder the progress of the Syrian army ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : The Barzeh Institute in Damascus was part of a larger complex, Damascus no. 1 Tech institute ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : War is peace for these guys for key members of Trump administrqation ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : I would think the Pentagon would like to test the Russian defense systems, and the Russians can't be completely sorry they got the opportunity to see how those new systems worked under operational conditions. The winners are the arms manufacturers. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : There is nothing like American policies in the Trump era. Even the president is not necessarily the last word ( Apr 18, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180418 : Transcripts of Lavrov interview by the BBC ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : G7 Leaders Statement on Syria. Welcome to the 'rules based international order'... ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Neoliberal stooge Macron and "Operation Stormy Daniels" in Syria ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : US Says Russia Hacked Syrian Attack Evidence As Russia Finds Rebel Chemical Weapon Lab ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180418 : A small problem with Saudi Prince promise to send troops in Syria: approximately 70% of Saudi troops would defect to ISIS in no time! ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : British government humor: what take us in Salisbury million of pound and several months Russians can do in Douma in one day ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180417 : Trump mulls Syria strike as Russia accuses Britain of staging alleged chemical attack ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.chicagotribune.com )
- 20180417 : Trump's Attack on Syria Shows the US Still Considers Itself a Global Policeman by Katrina vanden Heuvel ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180417 : Winners and losers in Trump's Syria attack ( Apr 17, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180417 : Trump opens a Pandora's box in Middle East ( Apr 17, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180417 : Trump and TV ( Apr 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180417 : Trump Strikes Syria (And the Possible Consequences) by Dave Majumdar ( Apr 17, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180417 : The Guardian view on bombing Syria: a decision for parliament. Editorial ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180417 : Chemical weapons investigators enter Syria's Douma district report - Global Times ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.globaltimes.cn )
- 20180417 : Robert Fisk Reports Head of Douma Clinic Denies Chemical Weapons Attack by Craig Murray ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180417* Probable sequence of event in Douma false flag operation ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180417 : John Bolton In Search of Carthage by By Michael Shindler ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180417 : The long hand of Bolton ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180417 : Busted! Roger Waters(Pink Floyd) Hits "White Helmets"as Terrorists ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180417 : 'No release of chemicals is best proof there were none' employee of bombed Syrian research site ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180416 : Russia's Red Lines in Relations with America by Stephen Lendma ( Apr 16, 2018 , stephenlendman.org )
- 20180416 : America's Fling With the Kurds Could Cause Turkey and NATO to Split by Mark Perry ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180416 : Macron takes fire for Syria attack ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180416 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : The Bolton-Pompeo Package ( Apr 16, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180416 : Paul Craig Roberts Has One Awkward Question For Washington Warmongers ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : Russia Reveals Who Staged Syria Gas Attack, As US Claims Moscow May Have Tampered With Site ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : Russia Has Indisputable Evidence Douma CW Incident Fake by Stephen Lendman ( Apr 16, 2018 , stephenlendman.org )
- 20180416 : Why Do They Tell US Transparent Lies by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Syria bombing of chemical facilities is yea another haox ( Apr 16, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180416 : Fucking amateur hour. The site supposedly hit by 70 missiles still standing ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : There is no magic way to make this stuff go away. Incineration doesn't solve the problems of the metal containers. All of this stuff would be making its way into their environment, causing illness and death in the coming years. It takes decades to properly neutralize this stuff. Lighting it up with Tomahawks definitely isn't the best way, and without a doubt some of it would be immediately released into the surrounding area. However small or not so small that amount is: ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : Alas, this is far from over! by The Saker ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Do Brits try top prevent OPCW team getign to the site? ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : Syria: chemical weapons inspectors barred from Douma site ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180416 : Trump Hits Russia With New Sanctions Over Syria Gas Attack ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : PressTV-US in direct ties with Syria terrorists Rouhani ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180416 : I can only imagine what Putin et al are thinking. They know they and Assad were not behind that attack, and they know we know, or should know. What this means is that they will have to come to view our government the same way America used to view the Communists. As dangerous, fanatical lunatics. ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : Will Russia retaliate? Kremlin accuses the US of 'hooliganism' and breaking international law at highly charged UN meeting after warning White House 'there will be consequences' over Syrian airstrikes ( Apr 14, 2018 , dailymail.co.uk )
- 20180416 : To Secure Democratic Vote Pompeo Masks Regime Change Agenda ( Apr 16, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180415 : There is a very large discrepancy between the Russian Ministry of Defense report of strike and the description in the Pentagon briefing on the strike ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180415 : Who is speaking the truth Moscow or DC. One or the other, or both ( Apr 15, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180415 : Thereasa may as warmogering neocon in best Madeleine Albright style ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.bbc.com )
- 20180415 : UK government rather emphasises the need to protect the population of Syria ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.gov.uk )
- 20180415 : US and imperialist allies launch strikes against Syria ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180415 : Syria: What Just Happened? ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180415 : Now artificially concentrated in ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180415 : Russia accuses the United Kingdom of having a part to play in the Ghouta affair ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180415 : The fact finding mission of the OPCW has arrived and will start its work ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180415 : Russia Has 'Irrefutable' Proof Syrian Gas Attack Staged by 'Foreign State' by Patrick Fleming ( Apr 15, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180415 : ISIS, financied by Saudi Arabia, used chemical,chlorine weapons multiple times in #Syria Iraq according a report from last year ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180415 : was designed to reverse ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180414 : Into the Abyss by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180414 : Syria strikes All the latest updates USA News ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.aljazeera.com )
- 20180414 : It could well be the Douma provocation was not completely spontaneous use of victims of Russian air strike against militants, that caused fire in the upper levels of the building and death from inhaling smoke in the shelter under it (according to witness accounts), but one stage of multistage attack on Syrian government ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180414 : "Remember the Maine!" ( Apr 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180414 : Airstrikes Against Syria Would Set Off a Powder Keg by Daniel Larison ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180414 : Syria - Manipulated Videos Fail To Launch World War III ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180414 : Trump's strikes on Syria risk retaliation, escalation in a war he wants to avoid ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180414 : The Deep State Closes In On The Donald ( Apr 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180413 : Live updates Syria under military attack on Trump's orders ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180413 : US and allies launch strikes on Syria chemical weapons sites ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.bbc.com )
- 20180412 : Syria - Threat Of Large War Recedes But May Come Back ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180412 : Haley, Trump and the art of going bombastic over false flag attack ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180412 : Bolton And Mattis Feud Over Syria Strike As Assad Evacuates Weapons ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180412 : Trump chooses impulse over strategy as crises mount ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180412 : The US destroyed posrt war international law ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180412 : This looks like war to me. The only question is how big and can it be confined to the ME and Mediterranean ( Apr 12, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180412 : Listening to Russian experts (short report about the mood on Russian prime time TV) ( Apr 12, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180412 : I am beginning to think that impeaching Trump is a good idea. He is ready to unleash another war on fase premises destroying the stability of the world. He truly is a bull in a china shop ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : An interesting perspective on why the crisis has escalated to this point is made by Adam Garrie ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Israel has no qualms about being a dishonest and lying inciter of a mass murder while pretending sanctimoniously on some "superior morality" and "eternal victimhood." ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Right now Jews and Arabs have joined forces to suppress the Persians. What happens AFTER the Persians are diminished? Do Israel and Saudi Arabia turn on each other? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411* It is long passed the time when any thinking person took Trump tweets seriously ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180411 : Syria - A U.S. Attack Would Be Futile - But Serve A Purpose by M. K. Bhadrakumar ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Syria is essentially the USA and Israel attempt to reverse Iran gains after toppling of Saddam by creating a Sunni states hostile to Iraq and Iran instead of Assad government ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Syria govt has said Douma has only one hospital, and it received no patients with symptoms of exposure to chemicals. But WHO says about 500 people reached "medical centers" with symptoms of exposure to chemicals ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Trump Asks Russia To Roll Over - It Won't ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Trump's Rush to Judgment on Syria Chemical Attack by Scott Ritter ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180411 : I think that the read target of attack in Syria is the Nord Stream II pipeline. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : Why the Latest Syria Gas Attack Allegations Are Almost Certainly Bunk ( Apr 11, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180411 : Twelve of the 15 council members backed the measure, including France, Britain, African countries, Kazakhstan and Kuwait. Bolivia voted against the draft resolution, while China abstained ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : California Democrat Zoe Lofgren and Michigan Republican Justin Amash are circulating a bipartisan letter to President Trump, insisting that he seek Congressional authorization before striking the government of Syria. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : With all these 'gas victims' churned out by the white helmets how is it that no such 'martyr' graves have ever turned up ? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Red Crescent Says No Evidence of Chemical Attack in Syria's Douma ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Powell Iraq WDM presentation and recent Syria chemical attack: some analogies ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Syrian chemical weapon attacks happen whenever the rebels are about to be defeated. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Unfortuntely, even among friends and aquaintances, the story about evil Assad killing Children is often readily believed ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180410 : Amazing Paul Joseph Watson video exposes false flag Syrian chemical weapons hoax ( Apr 10, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180410 : Douma Chemical Attack Another Link in the Chain of Staged Provocations by White helmets and thier handlers ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180410 : Matt Lee is good, but he won't dare to state that the State Dept is behind the staging of these fake attacks, obviously fake to anyone with an ounce (milligram?) of sense. ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : US Ambassador to Nato Kay Hutchison said she hoped allies like Britain would join with Washington in a "concerted and joint effort" against President Bashar al-Assad. ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : The Russians began jamming some smaller U.S. drones several weeks ago, the officials said ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : It seems Gilbert Doctorow has become much less optimistic about the chances to avoid a US-Russian nuclear war. ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : OPCW issued a statement saying it had accepted an invitation from the Syrian government and is preparing a team to travel to Syria ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180410 : How to stage a false chemical attack? ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : US wants UN vote on Tuesday on Syria gas attack inquiry ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180410 : There was no chemical weapons attack," Nebenzia told the council. "Through the relevant channels we already conveyed to the US that airstrikes under mendacious pretext against Syria where, at the request of the legitimate government of a country, Russian troops have been deployed could lead to grave repercussions." ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180410 : Russia controls Douma, guarantees impartial investigation; that makes US attack MORE likely ( Apr 10, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180410 : The Ghouta Massacre near Damascus on Aug 21, 2013 was not a sarin rocket attack carried out by Assad or his supporters. It was a false-flag stunt carried out by the insurgents using carbon monoxide or cyanide to murder children and use their corpses as bait to lure the Americans into attacking Assad. ( Apr 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180410 : Israeli officials have called on the US to attack the Syrian Army, following what they called a "shocking attack" in Douma ( Apr 10, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180410 : False Flag Chemical Attack In Douma Staged So Neocons Can Justify Invasion Of Syria ( Apr 10, 2018 , themillenniumreport.com )
- 20180410 : Trump says the US will be pulling out of Syria and a week later White helmets spread diinforation about Assad poisoning civil population in Douma and Trump believe this propaganda calls Assad an animal and blames Putin. ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : The West has a strategy to support an insurgency using the leftovers and Kurds ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : ISIS is Finished So We Should Leave Syria Now by Gil Barndollar ( Apr 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180409 : US Says No Evidence Assad Behind Chemical Attack; But Will Retaliate Regardless Of UN Decision Zero Hedge ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : CIA stages gas attack pretext for Syria escalation by Patrick Martin ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180409 : Ghouta is Arabic for Reichstag Fire by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180409 : An appeal to James Mattis ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180409 : Trump to Decide Soon Whether to Retaliate for Barbaric Act in Syria ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180409 : US Will Respond To Syria Gas Attack Regardless Of Security Council's Decision ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Trump's Saber-Rattling on Syria by Daniel Larison ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180409* Ghouta is Arabic for Reichstag Fire by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409 : The big game is the eradication of Western sponsored terrorists and ending of the Syrian civil war ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : The US is in Syria illegally and that manes that guerilla attacks of the USA troops in occupied areas might intensify ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Massive Propaganda Push Re. Syria Gas Attack by Glagaire ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.investmentwatchblog.com )
- 20180409 : Tensions Rise in Syria as Israel Is Accused of Bombing Air Base ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180409 : It remains unclear if US neocons staged Dauma provocation to prevent the US troops withdraval annonced by Trump ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Israel Launched Deadly Airstrike Against Syrian Airbase ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Syria conflict: Russia says no evidence of Douma chemical attack ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.bbc.com )
- 20180409 : Russian Forces In Syria Are On Combat Alert As US Considers List Of Targets To Attack Government Forces - Reports ( Apr 09, 2018 , southfront.org )
- 20180409 : The VT site is really slow, but it works. The article looks explosive if true. ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180409 : Israel shows clear interests in attacking Syria ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180409 : Proof Intel Drop, Trump, Bolton behind Syria chemical attacks, confirmed ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180409 : Yes, and Trump is throwing shit and having a fit. ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180409 : The US media reports these attacks, based on information it gets from -- where? They give the names of organizations but don't reference any documents. Actually they are getting the information from a small US State Department office in Istanbul. ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180409 : Jaish al-Islam has agreed to leave Douma within the next 48 hours ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180409 : What will be the next false flag? ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180409 : Evacuation of Syria's Douma back on track ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180408 : Syria - Timelines Of Gas Attacks Follow A Similar Scheme ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180408 : Russia warns of 'most serious consequences' if US strikes Syria over alleged chemical attack on its citizens - ABC News ( Apr 08, 2018 , abcnews.go.com )
- 20180408 : Tensions mount amid Syria 'chemical attack' ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180408 : Syria gas attack claims illogical, conspiratorial ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.presstv.com )
- 20180408 : Syria war: Trump condemns Syria for 'chemical attack' on Douma ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.bbc.com )
- 20180408 : Syria poison gas attack kills at least 40, activists and medics say ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20180408 : Syria chemical attack 'It was like my lungs were shutting down' Syria News ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.aljazeera.com )
- 20180408 : The UK and France are in deep economic trouble and need an external enemy such as Russia using an incident such as the Skripal affair to deflect the people from focusing on removing their government leaders ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180407 : Syria Showdown Trump Versus the Generals ( Apr 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180407 : Ron Paul on Trump 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.' ( Apr 05, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180407 : Why Is Trump Targeting China and Russia ( Apr 07, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180405 : Reflections on foreign affairs by M K Bhadrakumar ( Apr 05, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180403 : A new resistance group specifically formed to attack Imperial forces within Syria ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : The UK's persecution of Russia arises from two unreported incidents in Syria during operations in Eastern Ghouta ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : Trump has shown that he'll bend quickly to neocon pressure, with increased interest in foreign war ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180401 : Russia China are working closely to counter the West for existential threat ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180330 : Donald Trump s Appointment Of John Bolton Means Regime Change Is Coming To Iran Sheep Media ( Mar 29, 2018 , asheepnomore.net )
- 20180330 : Bolton Is the Opposite of an 'Honest Broker' The American Conservative ( Mar 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180329 : The US and Turkey are entrenched now. The US clearly has no intention of ever leaving. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180329 : US political "top" certainly is not ready since they don't have competent enough people to recognize a disaster before it buries them. US military people certainly know the score but, as history teaches, in the times when US military has bad news--it is next to impossible to communicate it to the political top. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180329 : The question remains: Is Washington prepared to accept its defeat and acknowledge that it has lost control of the world and pull out of Syria? ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180328 : redmudhooch ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : The Consequences of Blowing Up the Nuclear Deal ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180327 : John Bolton Tapped for NSA What Does It Mean for US-Russia Relations ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180327 : Here's John Bolton Promising Regime Change in Iran by the End of 2018 ( Mar 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180327 : Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet, by Pat Buchanan - The Unz Review ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180326 : US expulsion of Russian diplomats is declaration of war by George Galloway ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180326 : Trump Expels 60 Russian Diplomats as World Slides Towards War ( Mar 26, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180325 : Erdogan is making progress toward ... What ( Mar 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : Kunds are just a Trujan horse for keepin half of Syria petroleum reserves under the USA control. T ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180325 : Watching videos of the "rebels" boarding the busses in East Ghouta, I saw a LOT of White helmets guys wandering around. As usual, they fled with the moderate headchoppers ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180325 : Hawks Always Fail Upwards by Daniel Larison ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180325 : The USA will keep dispensing tows to the Saudis for those moderate head choppers in Daraa and etc ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : John Bolton is in all likelihood a Zionist asset due to the Israelis having some very powerful kompromat on him ( Mar 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : Don't forget that Bolton was the one who immediately blamed the Hariri assassination on Syria ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180325 : Basically McMaster started clearing out the Israel Zios in the department ...including several who violate security rules on top secret info ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : Neocons Panting for President 'Mad Dog' Mattis by Daniel McAdams ( Apr 22, 2016 , www.ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180324 : Perhaps a large but not too large conventional attack by US/Israel on 'industry and facilities directly related to Iran nuclear weapons development'? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180324 : I have to laugh at the people trying to portray Bonkers Bolton as somehow less insane than he is. ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180324 : Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security John Bolton, who pressured intelligence officers to endorse his views of other rogue states, especially Syria and Cuba. ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180324 : Bolton plans to fire dozens of White House officials ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180324 : Does Bolton appointment means the return to Monroe doctrine? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180324 : John Bolton: The Angriest Neocon by Adam Zagorin ( Nov 16, 2007 , content.time.com )
- 20180323 : MoA - John Bolton - The Man With A Hammer Is Looking For Nails ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : Hawks Resurgent in Washington by Philip Girald ( Mar 22, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180323* Inglorious end of career of neocon McMaster ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180323 : Russian general gives US general some intel. US general gets the word up to Trump. Trump gets Pompeo to investigate and as a result sacks Tillerson. I also have Sydney harbour bridge for sale for the amazingly cheap price of a carton of beer and a packet of durries ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : "Trump Admin Approves $1BN Arms Deal With Saudi Arabia, Including 6,700 Anti-Tank Missiles" I wonder where those will end up?? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : John Bolton's Incompetence May Be More Dangerous Than His Ideology by Heather Hurlburt ( Mar 23, 2018 , nymag.com )
- 20180323 : The worst thing about the appointment of anti-Iran hawk John Bolton is that the Clinton wing of the Democratic Party 100% supports war with Iran. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : 'Trump lining up war cabinet' Bolton's elevation to NSC adviser fuels alarm ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180323 : Say what you will about Bolton he is a shrewd political animal. Here it looks as though he is trying to appear sane and reasonable....perhaps even likeable. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : So on the 15th anniversary of the Iraq debacle, a neocon who cheered it on is rewarded with a national security post where he can cue up the attack on Iran that was always the ultimate prize for Israel's US stooges? ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180323 : Let's get over the McMaster ouster. The fact is that he was completely unqualified to be the National Security advisor. McMaster was uneducated in history and international politics. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180322 : 40 tons of chemical weapons left by militants found in Syria Russian MoD ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180322 : On reasons for the made in a hurry Novichok story and the last surprisingly sane admissions by those in charge of CENTCOM ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : Does State Department have its own intel / black operations team in Syria? Thought it was a consumer not producer. ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : The Untold Story of John Bolton's Campaign for War With Iran by Gareth Porter ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180322 : McMaster to Resign as National Security Adviser, and Will Be Replaced by John Bolton - The New York Times ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180322 : Bad news: Trump just picked John Bolton to be the new National Security Advisor. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Trump's National Security Chief Calls Russian Interference 'Incontrovertible' ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180321 : Israel Quietly Begins Practicing for Possible War With Russia ( Mar 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180321 : Russia and Damascus understood from the contacts between Afrin and al-Hasaka that the YPG leaders would have preferred to abandon Afrin to Turkey rather than hand it over to Damascus... ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180321 : Votel's message is, "The military is not on board for an adventure in the Middle East whose sole purpose is to make the President a "Wartime" President." ( Mar 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180320 : US, British, French forces directly involved in Syria war Russia FM ( Mar 17, 2018 , defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180320 : "It is well known that Israel funds, arms and provides medical support for the fighters of Al Qaeda's Syrian branch, al-Nusra. According to the Daily Mail out of the goodness of its heart, Israel has rescued and saved some 2,000 Islamic fighters in South Lebanon. ( Mar 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180320 : The fact that the MSM is so silent makes me think the MSM wants Votel's statements to die in silence under the MSM Cone of Silence ( Mar 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180320 : For an extra funny, at one time, the United States was happy to supply fuel cycle capable breeder reactors to Iran, before the 1979 Revolution intervened. ( Mar 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180320 : I expect to see is that, as during the George II Administration, the US would loudly accuse Iran of breaking faith with agreements and demand unlimited access for 'inspectors'. ( Mar 20, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180320 : DID ISRAEL POISON SKRIPAL? ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180319 : Votel, Mattis and Dunford must be on the same page. ( Mar 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180319 : T he biggest hurdle for advances in Ghouta remains the prospect of brutal urban warfare ( Mar 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180318 : Russia says U.S. plans to strike Damascus, pledges military response ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180318 : Mattis' Weak Case for Supporting the War on Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180317 : Russia Claims US Deploys Warships For Imminent Attack On Syria, Trains Militants For False Flag Attack Zero Hedge ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180316 : Since it seems that Russia promise to defend its men and women in Damascus has effectively staved off a US attack and the western alliance decided to frame Russia for something ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180316 : How the Iraq War Destabilized the Entire Middle East ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180316 : H.R. McMaster Gives The Kremlin a Double Bird Salute ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20180315 : Hysterical panegyric on Observer.com reminds the Hate Week speech delivered by an Inner Party member in the movie version of George Orwell's 1984 ! ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180315 : It seems Russia has managed to get revenge for actions that targeted its assets in Syria (I read an article that suggests the E. Ghouta push is hitting also US SF advisors) but they do not brag about it on twitter. ( Mar 15, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180315 : The U.S. foreign policy elite still wants the Middle East for its oil and its strategic location ( Mar 15, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180315 : Mattis is as dangerous warmonger as McMaster ( Mar 15, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Will the US then want to start some minutemen to Moscow to get back some Sarmats to Washington? I doubt it. I think the US will just bark a lot then and suck it up. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : I note that the Russian threat came not from the Pres or the Prime Minister, or the FM. It came from the CDS. I think the orders for Russian air defense staff in Syria have been cut; shoot on launch. The Russians seem sure the attack will be on Damascus, in response to an imagined gas attack in East Ghouta. So probably air launched cruise missiles. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : I cannot see how the US de-escalates if a US carrier group is sunk. Winds of 1914 indeed. Perhaps after a few metropolitan areas are nuked in each country (and probably someone glasses the chosen people's country, Israel) saner minds in the US will pull back. Or not. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Rumor has it that Trump is looking for an excuse to launch an attack on Syria which will be "bigger" than the last one, and apparently Ghouta and alleged "chlorine attacks" will be the excuse. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : For WP editors, a victory for legal army of Syria in their own country' is defying the INTERNATIONAL order ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Trump Votes For Rexit - Torture Queen Will Head CIA - (Updated) ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180313 : My worst fears have been realized and it seems the U.S. and Israel are trying to provoke Russia into a reaction that will justify wider war for the purpose of "securing the realm" ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : No doubt much more still hidden in the terrorist enclaves given that the US/UK/France seem willing to attack Russian forces to ensure east Ghouta remains out of the Syrian governments hands ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180313 : I think that Pompeo's nomination and his eventual confirmation brings the world closer to a US-Russia war ( Mar 13, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180313 : Sic Semper Tyrannis HARPER WHAT IS DRIVING THE NEW PUSH FOR AUMF ( Mar 13, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180310 : The frankly farcical nature of the 'Joint Investigative Mechanism' report into Khan Sheikhoun ( Mar 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180309 : A conflict in North Korea, John, would be probably the worst kind of fighting in most people's lifetimes ( Mar 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180309 : The US Ponders a Strike Against Syrian Government Forces What's Behind This by Peter Korzun ( Mar 09, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180308 : The root cause of all the western media nonsense happening right now, at least with regard to Syria is ti bully the USa into another expensive foreign war. That's what drives the western MAM coverage ( Mar 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180307 : Vanessa Beeley Presents Expos on White Helmets at Swiss Press Club in Geneva ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : Calls into question the role of the 'White Helmets.' ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180306 : Actually there is almost a consensus in Turkey that the govt. should openly talk to Assad to prevent SR from breaking into pieces ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180306 : I see Syria's main problem as divide and conquer attacks by foreign forces and Syria's vulnerability to these attacks. ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180304 : The Kurds have been coddled and supported by the US and Israel for many years as a long-term Israel 2.0 project. They would of course be used, marginalized, and ultimately cast out once the Zionists had their new and improved homeland, but the Kurdish dream of Kurdistan blinds them. ( Mar 04, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180304 : What Kind of Victory for Russia in Syria? ( Mar 04, 2018 , armyupress.army.mil )
- 20180302 : McMaster may be on his way out ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180227 : Syria vs Ukraine ( Feb 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180226 : Syria's probable future ( Feb 26, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180225 : US Aggression in Syria an Imperialist Blueprint ( Feb 25, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180225 : Ron Paul Warns We Can't Continue To Run The World ( Feb 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180225 : Donald Trump is reckless on Syria. It's his worst foreign policy folly by James Bovard ( Feb 25, 2018 , www.usatoday.com )
- 20180224 : Syria's shifting sands: RT's Peter Lavelle interviews Alastair Crooke ( Feb 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180224 : Chuck Schumer War Hawk or Progressive ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180224 : Re-mapping the Middle East ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180224 : Is there anyone on internet who doesn't know that USA basically is the global main founder of terrorism and militant islamofascist groups? ( Feb 24, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180223 : The Knives Are Out for Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster ( May 09, 2017 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180222 : McMaster, Kelly On Their Way Out Zero Hedge ( Feb 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180220* Russophobia is a futile bid to conceal US, European demise by Finian Cunningham ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180219 : US must immediately leave area it controls in southern Syria -- Lavrov ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180219 : Russian-Turkish axis in Syria faces meltdown by M. K. Bhadrakumar ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.atimes.com )
- 20180218 : Warehouses With Israeli-Produced Weapons Discovered in Deir ez-Zor ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180218 : Instead of Turning East, Turkey is Going It Alone by Nick Danforth ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180218 : Escalation in Syria how far can the Russians be pushed The Vineyard of the Saker ( Feb 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180215 : Syria Could Be Washington's Next Big Foreign Policy Failure ( Feb 15, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180215 : The partition of Syria according to the US is a fait accompli, presumably the Kurds/SDF will be invited to govern almost one third of the oil rich and fertile parts of Syria, without them being asked. Syria, Iraq, Iran,Turkey or Russia will not like this arrangement ( Feb 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180215 : Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya's Sarin to Syrian Rebels ( Feb 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180215 : Syria's War Has Never Been More International by Uri Friedman ( Feb 15, 2018 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20180215 : Pull U.S. Troops Out of the Middle East and Put 'America First' The National Interest Blog ( Feb 15, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180215 : Mattis is probably mentally ill. He'll gleefully kill millions more. I really can not see what Tillerson and Mattis have to offer Turkey other than threats. ( Feb 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180215 : Russia In the Crosshairs by Paul Craig Roberts ( Feb 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180214 : The rumor of hundreds of Russians killed would be exactly the kind of story they would want to spread before the presidential elections in Russia. Fodder for regime change operations. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180214 : US report Syria groups incapable of overthrowing Assad Middle East Monitor ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.middleeastmonitor.com )
- 20180214 : I hope the Russians are aware of the utter ruthlessness of certain western countries, the US in particular. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180214 : The US partitioning Syria to form a new state. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180214 : This region can no longer make space for Israeli settlers! This is what people are saying here. The resentment could lead to some collateral damage to the Americans. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180214 : As to Syria, the position of the US Special Forces is very delicate, their supply lines are long and easily broken, their 'allies' are generally unreliable, they are in Syria on sufferance, they may boast otherwise but the reality is that everyone around them hates them and what they represent. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180214 : Syria's War Has Never Been More International ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20180214 : America's Creeping Regime Change in Syria by John Glaser ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : Donald Trump and the Generals by James Fallows ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20180214 : President Trump has pursued an agenda mirroring the police state operations of the FBI – only on a global scale by James Petras ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180214 : Mattis is probably mentally ill. He'll gleefully kill millions more. ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180213 : Jihadists supporter Bibi Netanyahu hit Syrian forces by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Feb 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180213 : After Routing ISIS From Iraq More War by Daniel DePetris ( Feb 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180213 : Is the U.S. Being Sucked Deeper Into Mideast Trap by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Feb 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180211 : Trump s Illegal War in Syria Is Getting More Dangerous by Daniel Larison ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180211 : "Syrian Defense Ministry announces end of operations in Idlib, Aleppo ( Feb 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180210* The generals are not Borgists. They are something worse ... ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180210 : US Stock Markets Enter Correction Territory as Dow Falls More Than 1000 Points naked capitalism ( Feb 10, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180210 : Turkey accused of recruiting ex-Isis fighters to attack Kurds in Syria by Patrick Cockburn ( Feb 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180210 : US Kills Over 100 Syrian Fighters In Self Defense by Jason C. Ditz ( Feb 09, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180210 : I Helped Sell the False Choice of War Once. It s Happening Again by LAWRENCE WILKERSON ( Feb 05, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180209 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Syria Notes - 5 February 2018 ( Feb 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180208 : Russia Officially Accuses The US Of Planning To Partition Syria ( Feb 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180208 : I do not believe that they would give out MANPADS. I hate to say it but I believe that the CIA is jaded enough to think, 'hey, it won't bite us in the ass'. ( Feb 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180208 : MoA - Syria - Is The Turkish Attack On Afrin Intended To Split The U.S.-Kurdish Alliance ( Feb 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180207 : CIA False Flag Likely in Drone Attack on Russia's Syrian Bases by Finian CUNNINGHAM ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180205 : Mattis admits US has no evidence of Syria using sarin gas ( Feb 05, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180203 : Sanders on Trump s State of the Union: Not a word on Nuclear War threat, anti-Russian and anti-Iranian crusades! ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180203 : Trump isn't the only one in the US Government we should fear by Patrick Cockburn ( Feb 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180202 : Syria - Erdogan's Bashibazouk Want To Ravage Afrin ( Feb 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180131 : A crooked game is very attractive to the sharpies who imagine they're smart enough to take it over. ( Jan 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180131 : Syria - Neo-Conservatives Demand Action - Hope For A Larger War ( Jan 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180131 : Haim Saban a pro-Zionist founder of the US Brookings Saban Center described the Kushner team to a bunch of Orthodox Jews who have no idea about anything ( Jan 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180131 : Chief lunatic McMaster will levitate with enthusiasm for more war. ( Jan 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180130 : Rex Tillerson: Russia bears responsibility for Syria chemical attacks: US secretary of state says Russia 'shielding' Syrian ally, amid reports of fresh gas attack ( Jan 30, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180130* The Unseen Wars of America the Empire The American Conservative ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180129* It is OK for an empire to be hated and feared, it doesn t work so good when Glory slowly fades and he empire instead becomes hated and despised ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180129 : US secrets, lies and confusion in the North of Syria by Thierry Meyssan ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180129 : Who is who in Syria war ( Jan 29, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180129 : Washington Widens the War in Syria by Provoking Turkey by Mike Whitney ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180128 : ISIS survives because the US will not unite with Russia to destroy it ( Jan 28, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180128 : Uncle Sam Dumps the Kurds (Yet Again) by The Saker ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180127 : Who Lost Turkey - The U.S.-Kurdish Project In Syria Endangers NATO ( Jan 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180127 : Remember that both Pence and Tillerson were outspoken Never Trumpers. ( Jan 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180122* Trump s Illegal War in Syria by Daniel Larison ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180121 : Poroshenko government failed to imagine the situation in Russia in which Putin was no longer around and the hawks, with plenty of stored up grievances, were in power. The Russians have their neocons too and if they came out on top we'd be worse off than now. Failing to resolve the Donbass crisis now might create much worse situation in the future ( Jan 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180121 : Turkey invades and meets resistance. The jihadis go and help Turkey. That leaves Syria a free run in South Idlib. That's the result I expect. ( Jan 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180121* America Sleepwalks Towards a Clash With the Turks in Syria by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Jan 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180121 : Turkey might has been sent on purpose after talks and agreements between the parties whose common main problem is the illegal US presence, because as Colonel Lang put it "If the Turks close Incirlik to the US, we're out of business in the ME" ( Jan 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180121 : Is America s Alliance with Turkey Worth It by Ted Galen Carpenter ( Jan 21, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180121 : Sic Semper Tyrannis "Commence Operation Olive Branch," said the spider to the fly - TTG ( Jan 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180120 : Syria - Tillerson Announces Occupation Goals - Erdogan Makes Empty Threats ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180120 : As of today, Gen. Mathis exposing the new Us Defense Strategy warned that: The US will counter any threat to America s democracy experiment in the world, if necessary with military force ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180117 : It seems clear to me that the Kurds will fight on the government side if they enter the fight in Idlib ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180117 : The Syrian Civil War, every day - YouTube ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180117 : The Russian "Zap" can be seen as a direct threat to the ORIGINATORS of the drones. Also explains why Putin has not directly mentioned who they were. ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180117 : Drones keep entering no-fly zones over Washington, raising security concerns ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180116 : US supported enclave in the eastern Syria desert would be land-locked by opposing governments and untenable ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180116 : Drones keep entering no-fly zones over Washington, raising security concerns ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180116 : The Russian "Zap" can be seen as a direct threat to the ORIGINATORS of the drones. Also explains why Putin has not directly mentioned who they were. ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180115 : US military not only admits to training Syrian militants, but says they do not care if they choose to fight with terrorist organizations by Paul Antonopoulos ( Jan 15, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180115 : A reminder that the US-armed "Free Syrian Army" was mainly a PR front for Al Qaeda, ISIS and other jihadist terrorism in Syria ( Jan 15, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180115 : Syrian War Report January 12, 2018 Militants' Counter-Attack In Southern Idlib Ends In Disaster The Vineyard of the Saker ( Jan 15, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180115 : The US' Kurd Project Iranian intelligence has declassified data on 14 American bases in Syria The Vineyard of the Saker ( Jan 15, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180115 : By saying they "knew" who it was and then effectively "zapping" the "militants concerned", this is a very clear warning ( Jan 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180115 : Russia says it eliminated rebels behind swarm drone attack in Syria by Jeff Daniels ( Jan 12, 2018 , www.cnbc.com )
- 20180115 : Russia 'eliminated' rebels behind airbase attack in Syria ( Jan 12, 2018 , www.middleeasteye.net )
- 20180114 : Russians asking for help after swarming drone attacks ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.atimes.com )
- 20180114 : Trump Stumped As Bannon-Backed Roy Moore Wins Alabama Republican Primary By Landslide ( Sep 27, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180113 : Who Attacked a Russian Military Base with a Swarm Strike ( Jan 13, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180112 : Air raids and missile attacks show Israel flexing its muscles in Syria by Patrick Cockburn ( Jan 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180112 : We Know Who They Are Putin Claims State Provocateur Behind Terrorist Drones In Syria ( Jan 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180112 : Syria - Army Gains In Idleb - Insurgents To Challenge Foreign Occupiers ( Jan 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180110 : Yahoo News - Latest News Headlines ( Jan 10, 2018 , www.yahoo.com )
- 20180107 : Seymour Hirsh has been forced to get his stories published in Europe because the US and UK media have conspired to ban his exposes of their fake news ( Jun 27, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20180106 : Looks like Bannon self-immolated himself by his cooperation with Wolff ( Feb 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180106 : Mapping a World From Hell by Tom Engelhardt ( Jan 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180106 : Trump Cuts The Gordian Knot Of Foreign Entanglements ( Jan 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180106 : Iran - Europe Rejects U.S. Drive To War ( Jan 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180105 : How President Trump Normalized Neoconservatism by Ilana Mercer ( Jan 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180103 : When Putin Talks on Syria, It Is Worth Listening ( Jan 03, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180102 : False flag attacks using sharpshooters as a standard instrument of color revolutions ( Jan 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180102* Neocon warmongers should be treated as rapists by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : BOOK REVIEW: America s War for the Greater Middle East by Andrew J. Bacevich by David Rohde ( Apr 15, 2016 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180102* American exceptionalism extracts a price from common citizens ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171230 : In Syria Russia has been very restraint to avoid direct conflict with US even under attacked. ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171230 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity All Is Not Quiet on the Syrian Front US to Launch Another War ( Dec 30, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171230 : Russian Foreign Minister: US Military Must Leave All Of Syria ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171228* On your surmise that Putin prefers Trump to Hillary and would thus have incentive to influence the election, I beg to differ. Putin is one smart statesman; he knows very well it makes no difference which candidates gets elected in US elections. ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171226 : National Security Searches for a Strategy by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171223 : Seems that those cuddly White Helmets really ARE good guys in the parallel universe Guardian readers are thought to inhabit. ( Dec 23, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171223 : Slovenia is among the Coalition of the 128 NOT willing to be punked by USA. Melania better keep a low profile around Trump and Nikki ( Dec 23, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171222 : US elites and media are constantly freaking out about some Iranian "empire" supposedly being created and threatening US allies in the mideas ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171221* The RussiaGate Witch-Hunt Stockman Names Names In The Deep State's Insurance Policy by David Stockman ( Dec 18, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171220 : It seems like the intelligence agencies are spending more time monitoring politicians and public than Al Queda. ( Mar 23, 2017 , )
- 20171219 : I won t be optimistic about AmeriKKKa until Russia and/or China announce a Zero Tolerance policy toward US military adventurism in countries on the borders of Russia/China. But this will never happen ( Dec 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171216 : Mohammed bin Salman's ill-advised ventures have weakened Saudi Arabia, by Patrick Cockburn - The Unz Review ( Dec 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171215* Rise and Decline of the Welfare State, by James Petras ( Dec 13, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171215 : FBI Edits To Clinton Exoneration Go Far Beyond What Was Previously Known; Comey, McCabe, Strzok Implicated Zero Hedge ( Dec 15, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171214* Was Peter Strzok the principal FBI liaison to CIA Director John Brennan? ( consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171214* The Foundering Russia-gate 'Scandal' Consortiumnews ( Dec 14, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171214* The 1970's was in many ways the watershed decade for the neoliberal transformation of the American economy and society ( Dec 14, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171213* All the signs in the Russia probe point to Jared Kushner. Who next? ( Dec 13, 2017 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171212* We are all just hapless passengers on the Neocon Titanic, unable to influence what is playing out on the bridge ( Dec 12, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* When Washington Cheered the Jihadists Consortiumnews ( Dec 10, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171209* Hyping the Russian Threat to Undermine Free Speech by Max Blumenthal ( Nov 13, 2017 , www.truthdig.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171209 : Donald Trump says recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will bring peace – it will do quite the opposite by Robert Fisk ( Dec 09, 2017 , independent.co.uk )
- 20171209 : Tillerson: Status of Jerusalem not final ( Dec 09, 2017 , www.ynetnews.com )
- 20171209 : World condemns Trump Jerusalem announcement ( Dec 09, 2017 , www.middle-east-online.com )
- 20171209 : Iraqi militia threatens US forces over Jerusalem provocation ( Dec 09, 2017 , www.middle-east-online.com )
- 20171209 : Mideast Peacemaking is No Longer Made-in-America ( Dec 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171208 : Sic Semper Tyrannis More on Kushner and company. ( Dec 05, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171208 : Trump Is Bashing The 'Salvator Saudi' - Why ( Dec 08, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171207 : Is Rapprochement with Russia Still Possible by Daniel Larison ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171203* Stephen Kotkin How Vladimir Putin Rules ( Mar 28, 2015 , Foreign Affairs ) [Recommended]
- 20171203 : Progress Report on the US-Russian war by The Saker ( Dec 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171201* Neocon Chaos Promotion in the Mideast ( Apr 15, 2015 , antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Heritage Foundation + the War Industry What a Pair by Paul Gottfried ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Money Imperialism by Michael Hudson ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130 : Declassifying the Syrian Jihad CIA vs. the Pentagon ( Nov 30, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171129* The Russian Question by Niall Ferguson ( foreignpolicy.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171129 : " Trumps Saudi Scheme Unravels" - Alastair Crooke ( Nov 29, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171128* The Duplicitous Superpower by Ted Galen Carpenter ( Nov 28, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171128 : Trump Wants Peace With Erdogan - The Military Wants To Sabotage It ( Nov 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171128 : Israeli Defense Minister Contradicts Netanyahu There Is No Iranian Military Force On Syrian Land ( Nov 28, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171122 : Drums Along the Euphrates ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : DECAMERON And Now, Calling to Start US War in Syria All Over Again ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : I think global alignments are changing fast, with MENA as the focal point. Every player has a different deck of cards than just 3 years ago. The over-riding trajectory of course is the ongoing fall of Pax Americana, and its replacement by a Pax Multiplicita. ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171122 : Boy, Is This Stupid or What, by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171122 : Syria, Experts, and George Monbiot by Jonathan Cook ( Nov 22, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171122 : Just imagine what songs Bandar Bush is singing in the Ritz these days ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171117 : Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Leads US President Trump to War with Iran, by James Petras ( Nov 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171116 : Reining in the Rogue Royal of Arabia by Pat Buchanan ( Nov 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171116 : MoA - Syria Summary The Idlib Battle Comes Into Sight ( Nov 16, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171113 : Setting the Record Straight The Beirut Barracks Bombing The American Conservative ( Nov 13, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171113 : Arab League To Hold Urgent Meeting On Iran As Saudis Reportedly Mobilize Fighter Jets ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171112 : The Islamic Emirate of Iraq (future Daesh) was created during the term of George W. Bush, under the control of General Petraeus who commanded the troops in Iraq, to deflect the wrath of the Iraqis against the troops of occupation and turn it into a civil war; a device that Leon Panetta took on and supported ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171110 : Moon of Alabama ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171108 : Russias Line in the Sand on Syria by Dmitri Trenin ( Feb 05, 2012 , Foreign Affairs )
- 20171107 : Moon of Alabama: Saudi Arabia This 'Night Of The Long Knives' Is A Panic-Fueled Move ( Nov 07, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171107 : Consortium News: Israeli-Saudi Tandem Adjusts to Syria Loss ( Nov 07, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171105 : US sent troops to Lebanon in 1958 ( Nov 05, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171104* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Leads US President Trump to War with Iran by Prof. James Petras ( Oct 26, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20171031 : Neocons Hijack Trump's Syria Policy - Ron Paul Asks Haven't We Done Enough Damage ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171030 : Reuters try to sow "anti-war" sentiment in Russia by emphasizing the number of casualties ( Oct 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171030 : Ex-Qatari premier: US coordinated foreign support for terrorists in Syria ( Oct 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171030 : Shouldn't these people be prosecuted? ( Oct 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171029* Whose Bright Idea Was RussiaGate by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 03, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029* In Shocking, Viral Interview, Qatar Confesses Secrets Behind Syrian War ( Oct 29, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029 : John Feffer The Real Disuniting of America by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171029 : UN On Khan Sheikhoun - Victims Hospitalized BEFORE Claimed Incident Happened ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171025* Tomorrow Belongs to the Corporatocracy by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 20, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171025 : The Definitive Demise of the Debunked Dodgy Dossier on The Donald ( Jan 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171025 : Ex-MI6 officer Christopher Steele in hiding after Trump dossier ( Jan 12, 2017 , www.bbc.com )
- 20171025 : Former MI6 agent behind Trump dossier returns to work by Luke Harding and Nick Hopkins ( Mar 07, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171025 : Raqqa Destroyed to Liberate It by Eric Margolis ( Oct 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171024 : Sic Semper Tyrannis US policy in Islamdom is a chaos. Part 1 ( Oct 21, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171022 : Trump and His 'Beautiful' Weapons by William Blum ( Oct 21, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171017 : For War Hawks, Iran Deal Dump Is Music to the Ears ( Oct 13, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171017 : Trump Decertifies Iran Deal, Vows New Sanctions by Jason Ditz ( Oct 13, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20171016 : Trump Looks Set to Start Blowing Up the Iran Deal by Eli Clifton ( Oct 16, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20171016 : President Trump Beats War Drums For Iran by Ron Paul ( Oct 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171016 : Trump acts like the proverbial bull in a china shop. Which might be the symptom of floundering, weakened, posturing US Empire -- decending into empty threats (Iran, NK) which are often rightly dismissed by others. Which make this historical period very dangerous indeed. ( Oct 16, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171015 : Trump Shoots the US in the Foot Over Iran by Eric Margolis ( Oct 15, 2017 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20171014 : Republican senator blasts Donald Trump for 'castrating' Rex Tillerson ( Oct 14, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171014 : The Deep State's Bogus 'Iranian Threat' by David Stockman ( Oct 14, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171014 : The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Oct 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171013 : Iran - Trump Has No Strategy, Only Aims And No Way To Achieve Them ( Oct 13, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171011 : The Operational Code of President Trump ( Oct 11, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20171011 : Donald Trump is exposing the contradictions of the elite by David Callahan ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171009* After Nine Months, Only Stale Crumbs in Russia Inquiry by Scott Ritter ( Oct 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009* Autopilot Wars by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009 : Corker Strikes Back by Daniel Larison ( Oct 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171009 : Sen. Corker Reckless Trump Threatens World War III by Jason Ditz ( www.amazon.com )
- 20171006 : White House Pressuring CIA to Find Iran in Noncompliance of Nuclear Deal by Julian Borger ( Jan 27, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171004 : Wheels and Deals Trouble Brewing in the House of Saud by Pepe Escobar ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171003* The Vietnam Nightmare -- Again by Eric Margolis ( Sep 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171003 : The Trump Presidency ( Oct 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171003 : The USA can not tolerate independt political force in the oil rich Gulf and that the source current animosity toward Iran ( Oct 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171003 : Are You Ready to Die by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171002 : The Russian Defence Minister has released photos of US Forces stationed on Daesh territory ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20171002 : The Kurdish independence referendum was a political miscalculation ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171001 : Goodbye, American neoliberalism. A new era is here by Cornel West ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170930 : Is the US in cahoots with IS - TTG ( Sep 27, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170928 : Russias Stand-Off Capability The 800 Pound Gorilla in Syria ( Sep 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170927* Come You Masters of War by Matthew Harwood ( Sep 26, 2017 , www.fff.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170926* US-Saudi Alliance Fragments the Middle East (2-2) by RANIA KHALEK ( Sep 26, 2017 , therealnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170924* Mark Ames When Mother Jones Was Investigated for Spreading Kremlin Disinformation by Mark Ames ( Jun 03, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170924 : Russian special forces repel a US-planned attack in Syria, denounce the USA and issue a stark warning - The Unz Review ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923* The Exit Strategy of Empire by Wendy McElro ( Sep 23, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170923 : Uncle Sam vs. Russia in Eastern Syria the Nightmare Scenario ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923 : Spinning by NYT can and will form the base of a conspiracy. NYT is lying . But this lies can help build the necessary platform for future wars ( www.unz.com )
- 20170922 : The Neocon Case Against The Iran Nuclear Deal – Ron Paul Says It's One Big Lie! – Antiwar.com Blog ( Sep 22, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170922 : America Can Never Be Trusted! by Stephen LENDMAN ( Sep 22, 2017 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20170921 : Trump Slams US and Saudi Foreign Policy in Fiery UN Speech ( Sep 21, 2017 , theantimedia.org )
- 20170921 : Demand to cancel Iran deal is an Israeli spin by Ron Ben-Yishai ( Sep 21, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170920* The Politics of Military Ascendancy by James Petras ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170920 : The hubris, ignorance and stupidity in face of the failure of "regime change" operation in Syria ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170920 : Sovereign Nations Is Main Theme Of Trump's UN Speech ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170919* Trump behaviour at UN and Nixon's "madman gambit" against Soviets ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.msn.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170919 : Massive White Helmets Photo Cache Proves Hollywood Gave Oscar to Terrorist Group ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919 : Since the initial strike in April, the Trump administration has deliberately attacked regime or allied forces an additional five times ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919 : Netanyahu Says Trump Promised to 'Fix' Iran Deal News From Antiwar.com ( Sep 19, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170919 : If you supported Trump because you thought he might be some sort of isolationist dove, you have only yourself to blame ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170918* How The Military Defeated Trumps Insurgency ( Sep 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170918* Looks like Trump initially has a four point platform that was anti-neoliberal in its essence: non-interventionism, no to neoliberal globalization, no to outsourcing of jobs, and no to multiculturism. All were betrayed very soon ( Jun 02, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170918 : Trump won but he is completely alone. The Neocons have a total, repeat total, control of the Congress, the media, banking and finance, and the courts. From Clinton to Clinton they have deeply infiltrated the Pentagon, Foggy Bottom, and the three letter agencies by The Saker ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170918 : Why Petraeus, Obama And Brennan Should Face 5,000 Years In Prison ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170917 : Israel wants strategic depth in spades. Israel feels, legitimately or not, insecure. I've heard politicians in Israel give an outline of Israel's "needs". Yes, they want the West Bank but leaving the Palestinians autonomy in their cities. They are going to keep the Golan and yes want enough of Lebanon to control the headwaters of the Litani and it's water. You are correct that Israel does not need the Litani water but they want it to weaken Lebanon and especially Hizballah. Last but not least they want the Sinai back. ( Sep 17, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170917 : Mattis still seems stuck with his Iran obsession. Shame I thought he had the intellectual curiosity to adapt. ( Jul 11, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170917 : Neocons such as Mr. Morell, the Kagans' clan, AIPAC, aare still quite powerful policy makers. The violation of a ceasefire by the US in Syria, which produced dozens of deaths among military personnel (perhaps including a Russian or two) and some 200 wounded was intentional; moreover, the violation was followed immediately by an attack by ISIS ( Sep 17, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170913* A despot in disguise: one mans mission to rip up democracy by George Monbiot ( Sep 13, 2017 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170903 : These Lethal U.S. Anti Tank Missiles Are Showing up in ISIS Arsenals by Jared Keller ( Sep 02, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170903 : These Lethal U.S. Anti Tank Missiles Are Showing up in ISIS Arsenals The National Interest Blog ( get= )
- 20170902 : Sic Semper Tyrannis US will allow Iranian forces in Syria to operate within 8 km of Israel by Andrew Illingworth ( Sep 02, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170902 : The truth about US support for the FSA terrorists in Syria ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170901 : FSA planning gas use in Deraa, Syria ( Sep 01, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170829 : 9 reasons Trumps dream of Russian reconciliation is now impossible ( Aug 29, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170828 : The Knives Are Out for Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster by Kate Brannen ( May 09, 2017 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20170828 : The ouster of Mattis: Some follow-up details and a White House response by homas E. Ricks ( ttis still seems stuck with his Iran obsession. Shame I thought he had the intellectual curiosity to adapt. < )
- 20170828 : Trump Seeks 'Cooked' Intelligence to Renege on the Nuclear Deal by Daniel Larison ( Aug 28, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170828 : Let's Call "Trump's Generals" What They Are A Military Junta ( Aug 27, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170828 : The ouster of Mattis: Some follow-up details and a White House response ( get= )
- 20170827 : What A Mess! - Pentagon At War With CIA In Syria Zero Hedge ( Sep 06, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170827 : Pentagon vs State Dept. Feud Goes Political by Rachel Marsden ( Sep 16, 2016 , therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com )
- 20170826 : Russian air defense at their Tartus naval facility in Syria shot down an American RQ-21 "Blackjack" spy drone on May 27th, ( Aug 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170826 : US troops in Syria must all be social workers in uniform. Or maybe 'SF" stands for 'Super Friendly' and not 'Special Forces'. It's okay when Uncle Sam kills people, because he has love in his heart. ( Aug 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170825 : Influential GOP Donor Sheldon Adelson Supports Campaign to Oust McMaster report ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170824 : Kelly, Mattic and McMaster complete the militarization of the executive branch ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : MoA - Notes On The Junta, An Unnecessary Land-Corridor And A Regular Russian Maneuver ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170823 : The Mini-Skirt Deception How McMaster Got His Afghan 'Surge' - Antiwar.com Original ( Aug 23, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170822 : Pat Buchanan ( Aug 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170820 : Mr. Bannon openly complained to White House colleagues that he resented how Ms. Trump would try to undo some of the major policy initiatives that he and Mr. Trump agreed were important to the presidents economic nationalist agenda ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170820 : McMaster solidifies power at NSC -- and supports Iran deal, sees Israel as occupier by Philip Weiss ( Aug 05, 2017 , mondoweiss.net )
- 20170820 : Mr. Bannon's disdain for General McMaster also accelerated his demise ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170820 : Breitbart Goes After Ivanka And McMaster ( Aug 20, 2017 , dailycaller.com )
- 20170820 : Breitbart goes after McMaster ( Aug 20, 2017 , thehill.com )
- 20170820 : The Bannon - McMaster war can be very easily explained ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170820 : Stick a fork in Trump. He's done. ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170818 : Steve Bannon goes as the military takes over the Trump administration by Alexander Mercouris ( Aug 18, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170818 : Pentagon took over White house: The firing of Bannon leaves the Generals without an opposing view. They will no longer be contradicted ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170818 : Banish Bannon Trump weighs his options as top aides feud Defend Democracy Press ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170818 : Alt-Right and Ultra-Zionist Alliance against National Security Advisor McMaster ( Aug 18, 2017 , therealnews.com )
- 20170818 : I'm somewhat surprised that Peter Escpbar did not mention the Western supplied chemical weapon components recently captured by the SAA and prominently displayed by Russia's Ministries of Defense and Foreign Affair s-- news kept out by Charlottesville ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170817 : Grown-ups Versus Ideologues The Media Narrative of the White House May Be All Wrong ( Aug 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170816 : Dont be Fooled, the CIA was Only Half the Problem in Syria Defend Democracy Press by Steven MacMillan ( August 2, 2017 www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170814 : Slouching Toward Mar-a-Lago ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170810 : I sense a developing narrative that erases any and all responsibility of Western political leaders for the Syrian disaster ( Aug 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170810 : I think the USA neocons first hoped to forestall any intervention by keeping Russia busy elsewhere (Ukraine, economic troubles, etc.). And threats that if Russia did intervene, it would "pay heavy price" an true Russian passenger jet was blow in the air, while there had been no such terror attack against USA. ( Aug 10, 2017 , jackrabbit.blog )
- 20170809* Force Multipliers and 21st Century Imperial Warfare Practice and Propaganda by Maximilian C. Forte ( Nov 08, 2015 , zeroanthropology.net ) [Recommended]
- 20170809 : Trump has done precisely nothing to dampen the Anti-russian mass hysteria that has been manufactured in the US about alleged -- indeed imaginary -- "Russian intervention" in recent Presidential elections ( Aug 09, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net )
- 20170809 : I think the USA neocons first hoped to forestall any intervention by keeping Russia busy elsewhere (Ukraine, economic troubles, etc.). And threats that if Russia did intervene, it would "pay heavy price" an true Russian passenger jet was blow in the air, while there had been no such terror attack against USA. ( Aug 09, 2017 , jackrabbit.blog )
- 20170809 : The current CIA-led regime change operation in Venezuela seems to be following the same script as used in Ukraine and Syria with armed oppostion attacks on state forces, ignored by the western media who focus solely on presenting what appears to be unprovoked attacks against hapless protestors. If the CIA has their way, the next stage should be mysterious snipers shooting both sides. ( Aug 09, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170809 : Trump adviser fired over memo warning of globalist-Islamist 'deep state' ( Aug 08, 2017 , www.wnd.com )
- 20170807 : Can Iran be the next target for the US occupation ( Aug 06, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170801 : Gareth Porter on Barack Obama's policy of arming jihadists in Syria ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.libertarianinstitute.org )
- 20170731 : How Romney Loyalists Hijacked Trumps Foreign Policy ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170729 : Trump Faces Down the CIA and Co-Opts the Pentagon on Syria (for the time being) by Glen Ford ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170728 : Iran is still in the crosshairs ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170728 : Tucker and Tulsi on Syria vs CIAria ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170728 : Trump End the Syria War Now ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170728 : US Special Envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volcker says that Russia is to blame for the hot war which is currently raging in the east of that country, not Ukrainian nationalists who seized power in Kiev due to Us supported coup ( Jul 23, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170728 : The Serbs were murdering Toms like flies back in 1999 using the Vietnam-War era vintage SA-7s. Or a good old Shilka and the radar turned on. ( Jul 28, 2017 , mihsislander.org )
- 20170728 : While Hezbollah yesterday was literary burying its fallen fighters and simultaneously moving fast towards victory over Al-Nusra terrorists in Arsal/Lebanon, Trump in DC, during a press conference with visiting Lebanese PM, Hariri, said: "Hezbollah is a menace to the Lebanese state, the Lebanese people and the entire region. The group continues to increase its military arsenal which threatens to start yet another conflict with Israel. With the support of Iran, the organization is also fueling humanitarian catastrophe in Syria." ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728 : The Syrian army were standing up to Isis long before the Americans ever fired a missile ( Jul 28, 2017 , independent.co.uk )
- 20170727 : Iran claims to have launched an orbital rocket. ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170727 : Propaganda Techniques of Empire by James Petras ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : Some internet gossip says Russia considers 722 as a declaration of war. ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170726 : Iran's production of a modern missile for their existing S-200 systems gives them more options for how they arrange and layer their air defenses and far more iron to throw at anyone attacking ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170726 : The Bulgarian revelations about the existence of a vast arms traffic to syriamilitanst set up by General David Petraeu ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170725 : Often overlooked the story of the anti-soviet Afghan war is the fact that the insurgency was pan-Islamic: there were eight Shi'i groups, trained and funded by Iran ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170725 : Thomas acknowledged that American forces are fighting in a sovereign Syria, where they will likely have no ability to stay if that presence is questioned in terms of international law. Although Im sure that the State Department/Pentagon lawyers are looking for a reason to stay. ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170725 : Whether or not the arming and financing of ISIS groups was "accidental" or "deliberate" remains something of an open question; most likely the actual US policy from 2011-2012 onwards was to give support to anyone trying to overthrow Assad's government regardless of affiliation. ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170725 : Pat Buchanan ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170725 : Political Islam as the way to slow down the industrialization of Arab nations ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170723 : MoA - Murder, Spies And Weapons - Three Fascinating 'Deep State' Stories ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170722 : Multiple and illegal US Troop Locations in Syria ( Jul 21, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170720 : Trump orders the CIA to halt all financial, military aid for rebels in Syria ( Jul 20, 2017 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20170720 : Training Jihadists for Syria Operations: Whistleblowers Speak ( Jul 20, 2017 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20170719 : Vassals sometimes behave like stooges: EU puts sanctions on Syrian scientists, military officials over non-existent gas attack and prohibit selling inflatable boats to Libya, which they destroyed ( Jul 19, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170719 : On Crapified News And Foreign Policy ( Jul 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170714 : Is Killing Leaders Useful Or Not - U.S. Centcom Can't Decide ( Jul 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170714 : The US dilemma over Syria is that, if they stop financing the proxy forces, then Syria will establish economic cooperation with Iran. There's no doubt at all that it was the expansion of Syria-Iran economic cooperation that motivated the Syrian regime change games of Hillary Clinton and the Obama Administration (Israel and Saudi Arabia, too) ( Jul 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170713 : The Trump administration is run by Zionists, for Zionists, say an analyst. ( Jul 13, 2017 , www.presstv.ir )
- 20170712 : The Syrian Test of the Trump-Putin Accord by Ray McGovern ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170711 : The Consequences of Donald Trump Jr.s Stupidity ( Jul 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170711 : Mattis still seems stuck with his Iran obsession. Shame I thought he had the intellectual curiosity to adapt. ( Jul 11, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170711 : Ambassador Nikki Haley vs. President Trump by Daniel McAdams ( Jul 11, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170711 : While Trump Talks, The Pentagon Balks by Finian Cunningham ( Jul 11, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170711 : There's No Strategy Behind Trump's Wars -- Only Brute Force ( Jul 11, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170711 : I think that the prospects for US-Russia cooperation in Syria are not very good and the reason for that is that the U.S. and Russia are diametrically opposed on the issue of Iran and Iranian influence in the region ( Jul 11, 2017 , http://therealnews.com/t2/story:19511:Trump-&-Putin-Talk,-But-US-Russia-Confrontation-Lingers"therealnews.com )
- 20170710 : The Second Cold War by Steffen A. Woll ( Dec 10, 2015 , www.unz.com )
- 20170710 : Egyptian Daily Releases Documents of Saudi Crown Prince's Support for ISIL, Al-Qaeda Egyptian Daily Releases Documents of Saudi Crown Prince's Support for ISIL, Al-Qaeda ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170709 : New Syria Ceasefire Deal May Be US Attempt to Save Rebels From Defeat by Sputnik News ( Jul 07, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170708 : Trump says he had a tremendous meeting with Putin ( talkingpointsmemo.com )
- 20170708 : The First Putin-Trump Meeting Yields Something Very Close to Nothing ( Jul 08, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Trump says he had a tremendous meeting with Putin ( get= )
- 20170707 : US, Russia Agree on Ceasefire in Southwestern Syria by Jason Ditz ( Jul 07, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170707 : U.S. MILITARY OFFICIALS THERE WAS NO CHEMICAL WEAPONS ATTACK IN SYRIA TRUMP BOMBED SYRIA DESPITE ADVICE FROM MILITARY ( Jul 07, 2017 , www.ascertainthetruth.com )
- 20170707 : Preceding Putin Meeting, Trump Slams Russia ( Jul 06, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170707 : Was Tillerson to the right of Trump in Germany meeting ( Jul 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170707 : Tillerson Russia Must Ensure Syria Does Not 'Illegitimately' Retake Its Territory ( Jul 07, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170706 : The Fraud of The White Helmets ( Jul 06, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170706 : Quatar did not fold: the conflect between countries_supporting juhadists continues unabated ( Jul 06, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170704 : I Sure Hope That I am Wrong, But by saker ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : Mohammed ben Salmane takes power at Riyadh ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20170703 : Erdogans Silent Backers Who Egged Turkish Leader to Attack Su24 ( Nov 30, 2015 , sputniknews.com )
- 20170703 : The demise of the Caliph and the origin of the Islamic State ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20170703 : Internal Communications Show Syrian War Is a Lie, Russia Could Crush US Military ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.ascertainthetruth.com )
- 20170703 : Adjustements in the Middle East by Thierry Meyssan ( Jun 20, 2017 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20170702 : It would seem that the CIA control of the USA media is complete ( Jul 02, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170701 : Deception Inside Deception The Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170701 : The dogs of war are still barking ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170701 : Ukraine A New Plan by Hall Gardner ( Jul 01, 2017 , americanaffairsjournal.org )
- 20170701 : Ex-Weapons Inspector: Trumps Sarin Claims Built on Lie ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170630 : More clumsy comedy from the Exceptional Nation; America announces that it believes Syria has backed away from its diabolical plan to murder more women and children in another Assad-signature chemical attack ( Jun 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170630 : Make No Mistake, We Are Already at War in Syria by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170630 : After Hersh Investigation, Media Connive in Propaganda War on Syria ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170630 : What we see at present in Syria is war between USA and collaborators, as Israel, Germany, France and the Netherlands, against Russia, Assad and Iran, ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170628 : Bashar al-Assad visits Russian air base in Syria after US warning ( Jun 28, 2017 , telegraph.co.uk )
- 20170628 : Trump Has Been Continuing Obamas Syria-Policy by Eric Zuesse ( Jun 27, 2017 , off-guardian.org )
- 20170627 : Buffoonery and incompetence of the Trump administration ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170627 : What this strange USa annoncemnt about forthcoming chemical attack from Sirian foverment on ISI (althout in the past reverse was true) might mean ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170627 : US may preempt an Assad chemical strike in Syria ( Jun 27, 2017 , app.debka.com )
- 20170627 : In case you did not have time to look for the widely available information on how the US has been supplying certain forces in Syria with various weaponry, including anti aircraft weapons ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170627 : MoA - White House Says It Will Fake Chemical Weapon Attack In Syria ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170626 : Trump, Qatar and the Danger of Total Confusion by Gary Leupp ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170626* The Soft Coup Under Way In Washington by David Stockman ( Jun 22, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20170626 : Saudi Hijinks, US Policy Stinks ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170626 : The Middle East back in the 1950s under the Baathists was not infected with islamic fundamentalism. It took multi-year and multi-billion Us efforts to propel politicla islam to the level of ISIS ( Jun 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170625 : The 6-year-long US intervention in Syria failed to achieve its goals, while causing death of thousand of civilians ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170625 : Syria Trumps Red Line by Seymour M. Hersh ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.welt.de )
- 20170625 : Macron Breaks With Previous French Policy, Says Sees No Legitimate Successor to Syria's Assad ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.haaretz.com )
- 20170625 : Locked Into Al-Tanf U.S. Military Concedes It Lost The Race To Occupy South-East Syria ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170625 : The Latest Escalation in Syria – What Is Really Going On - The Unz Review ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170625 : If Russia Wants the Syria Mess, Let Them Have It by Ted Galen Carpente ( Jun 25, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170625 : US Army Preparing to Occupy Large Part of Syria ( Jun 24, 2017 , en.farsnews.com )
- 20170625 : Everyone is focused on the war in Syria and the turmoil in Yemen and not on the going Israeli land grabs. ( www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170625 : How America Armed Terrorists in Syria ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170625 : Iran's Missile Launch and U.S. Downing a Syrian Jet - Explained ( economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170625 : Trump vision might crystallized as a fight against the Muslim Brotherhood and support for Izrael. While Obama supported it and tolerated its agents in the government, such as Huma Abedin ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170625 : The story about about the legendary Qatari pipeline is probably British fake ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170624* The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Jun 10, 2017 , unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624* The Saudi-Qatar spat - the reconciliation offer to be refused>. Qater will move closer to Turkey ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170624 : US invaded Syria conducting military operations in sovereign land and airspace of Syria without the permission of the Syrian government. Unlike Russia, from which Syria officially requested military assistance. ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170623 : Highly Graphic Video's – White Helmets Film Themselves Participating in Beheading's of Syrian Soldiers ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170623 : King Faisal, supporter of Palestine, became too demanding in 1974. He was killed in 1975 ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170621 : Accept it. Syria will never get Golan back. Its not right. Its not fair. But sometimes the bad guys win and there is nothing anybody can do about it. ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170621 : We Are Inches From A New World War, And Clintonists Are To Blame ( Jun 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170621 : All Signs from Trump Point to a Coming Conflict with Iran by John Feffer ( Jun 21, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170621 : Resist This the United States is at War With Syria ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170621 : US Attack Fails To Disrupt Push To Deir Ezzor ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170621 : A quick reminder, a reality check... the utter stupidity, the illegality of US Syria policy ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170621 : There is no shortage of tiresome Neocons but Lt. Col, Ralph Peterson wrote a particularly vile piece for the NY Post ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170621 : More Details Appear About US Attack Against Syrian Su-22 ( Jun 20, 2017 , southfront.org )
- 20170621 : The Problem with Kurdish Independence by Daniel Larison ( Jun 20, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170621 : Somewhat interesting reports the Syrian plane had only been airborne about 15 minutes when it was shot down, reportedly without having delivered its bomb load ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170620 : James Mattiss Role in Fallujah Haditha Massacre ( Jun 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170620 : General James Mattiss Role in Fallujah Haditha Massacre ( news.antiwar.com )
- 20170620 : Investigation Did Trumps Defense Secretary Nominee James Mattis Commit War Crimes in Iraq Democracy Now! ( thesaker.is )
- 20170620 : After the ISIS War, a US-Russia Collision - Antiwar.com Original ( Jun 20, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170620 : My guess is that the Americans are trying very hard to push the SDF/Kurds into conflict with the SAA, by any means necessary ( Jun 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170620 : Rex Tillerson Admits US Working Towards Regime Change In Iran by Adrienne Mahsa Varkiani ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.mintpressnews.com )
- 20170619 : Syria and Our Illegal Acts of War The American Conservative ( Jun 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170619 : Russia Threatens to Attack U.S. Planes in Syria Following Assad Jet Fighter Shootdown - Breitbart ( Jun 19, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170619 : MoA - Syria Summary - U.S. Attack Fails To Disrupt Push To Deir Ezzor ( Jun 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170618 : Turning to Occupied Syria. ( Jun 18, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170618 : New video footage exposes US military helping ISIS fighters escape Syrian city of Raqqa ( Jun 18, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170617* The Collapsing Social Contract by Gaius Publius ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170617 : We will probably never find out what truly was discussed between Trump, the Saudis and the Israelis, but there is little doubt that the recent Saudi move against Qatar is the direct results of these negotiations by The Saker ( Jun 11, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : What would US foreign policy look like under President Pence by Hady Amr and Steve Feldstein ( May 25, 2017 , thehill.com )
- 20170617 : Qatar-Saudi Catfight Unveils Western Terrorist Propaganda Outlets ( Jun 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170617 : As Secretary of State Tillerson rightly said: The U.S. has no legal authority to attack Syrian, Iranian or Russian forces. None at all. It is invading Syria with no legitimate reason. Syria, in contrast, has the legal authority to throw the U.S. troops out ( www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : Pentagon Trained Syrias Al Qaeda Rebels in the Use of Chemical Weapons ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : Russia, Syria and allies severed the Jordan-Daesh supply route to Deir Ezzor by restoring government control over al-Bawdah north-east of al-Tanf and bordering Iraq ( Jun 09, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170617 : Iran Claims Proof Of Direct US Support For ISIS Days After Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Floats The Idea Zero Hedge ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170617 : Langleys Jihadists: From the Mujaheddin to ISIL ( Jun 09, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170615 : Mattis Attacks on Syrian Forces Were Self-Defense by Jason Ditz ( Jun 13, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170615 : Pentagon Agrees To Sell $12 Billion In F-15s To Qatar Zero Hedge ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170614 : Are We Nearing Civil War by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : After US intevertions the entire Middle East situation is now a gigantic mess ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170613 : As early as 2011, the U.S. was arming Syrian dissidents from the arsenals in Libya, flying in weapons to Turkey to hand over to the rebels. ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170612 : Trump Just Dropped Chemical Weapons in a Major City, 100,000 Civilians Trapped ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170612 : Trump's Blunders Fuel Mideast Conflicts ( Jun 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170612 : The Qatar Crisis and Trumps Dangerous Embrace of the Saudis by Daniel Larison ( Jun 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170612 : When the US regime wants to overthrow the goverment of the next country, they are not going to be able to get the UN to go along with their plans ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170611 : What Trump Can Do for Defense The American Conservative ( Jun 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170611 : The establishment refuses to see the limits of American power, and it also refuses to compel our military to focus on war against non-state opponents ( Jun 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170610 : Krugman is a political hack for Clinton wing of Democratic Party and as such can not see was is wrong with Dems and what needs to be done after Hillary Fiasco ( Jun 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170610 : In Europe, right-wing parties are preaching herrenvolk social democracy, a welfare state but only for selected groups. In America, however, Trump_vs_deep_state is faux populism that appeals to white identity but actually serves plutocrats ( Jun 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170609 : Can Qatar Negotiate a Diplomatic Resolution with Its Neighbors ( Jun 09, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170609 : Saudi Arabias Coalition Could Accidentally Unleash Iran ( Jun 09, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170608 : News of the Day - Elections in Britain, Comey Testimony, Gulf Troubles ( Jun 08, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170606 : US-led coalition destroys Syrian government forces within de-confliction zone - Pentagon ( Jun 06, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170604 : Syrian Madness: Neocons The Anti-Realists by Robert Parry ( Jan 17, 2015 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170604 : MUHAYSINI BOOTED OUT OF JARJANAAZ BY ENRAGED CITIZENS; SYRIAN ARMY GRINDS ISIS INTO DUST IN ALEPPO; ADRIFT IN THE NEAR EAST ( Jun 04, 2017 , syrianperspective.com )
- 20170604 : NATO votes to start by getting waist deep into the mess in Syria and Iraq to appease the US ( Jun 04, 2017 , al-monitor.com )
- 20170531 : Americas Iran Hysteria by Danny Sjursen ( May 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170531 : Blowing things and people up is seen as a demonstration of clarity and resolve (unless someone is doing it to us, in which case its correctly recognized as cowardly and evil) by John Quiggin ( May 28, 2017 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20170530 : It is estimated that over 120 ISIS rats were killed in the air raids. Over 500 are reported wounded or missing. Of the 39 pickups traveling in the convoy, 32 were confirmed destroyed. ( May 30, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170529 : Jared Kushner Reportedly Discussed Setting Up Secret Communication Channel With Moscow by Mary Papenfuss ( May 29, 2017 , www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20170529 : Stephen Cohen Will Syrian State Collapse Fall into More Chaos If Assad Is Toppled Democracy Now! by Stephen Cohen ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.democracynow.org )
- 20170528 : Trump Dancing with Wolves on the Titanic - The Unz Review ( May 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170527 : Neoliberals tears about Hillary loss might create dragons teeth effect ( May 27, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170525 : EconoSpeak Some Saudi-US History ( May 25, 2017 , econospeak.blogspot.com )
- 20170524 : Can Trump Salvage His Presidency in Syria s War by Shamus Cooke ( May 24, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170524 : The cost cannot be measured only in lost opportunities, lives and money. There will be a long hangover of shame ( May 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170524 : Trump in Riyadh an Arab NATO Against Syria and Iran by Jan Oberg ( www.prisonplanet.com )
- 20170523* Are they really out to get Trump by Philip Girald ( May 16, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170523 : Trump Backs Sunni Radical Islam over Moderate Shi'ism ( May 23, 2017 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20170523 : Partitioning Syria is now on US agenda ( May 23, 2017 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20170523 : Why Trumps First Trip Is Focusing on Faith ( May 23, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170523 : The War on Yemen and the Great Saudi 'Modernizer' ( May 23, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170523 : Talking Tactics, Lacking Strategy - The Generals On Syria And Iraq ( May 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170522 : Donald of Arabia A Disgusting Spectacle by Justin Raimondo ( May 22, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170522 : The Saudi Visit and Trumps Unprincipled Foreign Policy by Daniel Larison ( May 22, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170522 : Trump is responsible for what the US continues to try to do in Syria and Iraq ( May 22, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170522 : Making this event even more scandalous than the war crime which it all ready objectively is, is the fact that the attack occurred inside one of the de-escalation zones ( May 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170522 : Trump In Saudi Arabia - 'Peace In Our Time?' ( May 22, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170522 : U.S. Attacks Syrian Government Forces - It Now Has To Make Its Choice ( May 22, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170521* What Obsessing About Trump Causes Us To Miss by Andrew Bacevich ( May 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170521* WhateverGate -- The Crazed Quest To Find Some Reason (Any Reason!) To Dump Trump by John Derbyshire ( May 21, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170521* Speech of Lavrov at the Military Academy of the General Staff ( Apr 02, 2017 , thesaker.is ) [Recommended]
- 20170521 : This week US bombed militia in Syria linked to Iran, Trump got a medal for providing air support for al Qaeda from their contributors. ( May 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170520 : Still Chasing the Wrong Rainbows by Andrew Bacevich ( May 20, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170519 : The US hit a combination of Syrian and Iraqi Shia forces, not the SAA alone. The fact is that Syria and Iraq are attempting to reestablish road contacts with another in southern Syria territory ( May 19, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170516 : The Real Meaning of Sensitive Intelligence by Philip Giraldi ( May 16, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170516 : Trump facing shark tank feeding frenzy from military industrial media ( May 16, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170516 : The Real Meaning of Sensitive Intelligence by Philip Giraldi ( May 16, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170514 : US intervenes in Russian politics but Moscow shrugs it off Asia Times by M.K. Bhadrakumar ( Mar 28, 2017 , www.atimes.com )
- 20170514 : Turkish-American relations at crossroads by M.K. Bhadrakumar ( May 14, 2017 , www.atimes.com )
- 20170510 : Will Trumps Firing of FBI Director James Comey Be His Saturday Night Massacre? (Updated) ( May 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170510 : United to Protect Democracy filed a lawsuit against the Trump Administration demanding he cough up all e-mails, memoranda, advisory opinions and/or anything which could be viewed as legal argumentation justifying the April 7, 2017 attack on the Syrian Airbase at Al-Shu'ayraat southeast of Homs City." ( May 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170510 : it looked like Trump was about to start wars everywhere but can this be a distraction for the establishment politicians and media? ( May 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170508 : Before calling this an act of deliberate betrayal think about bad cop/good cop ploy. DNC democrats gave us deregulation, killed GlassSteagall, refused to prosecute banksters, gave us a hokey republican health insurance plan, tried to give us TPP, continued more ME wars, screw with Russia ( May 08, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170505 : Jared a billionaire arch-Zionist trust-fund baby ( May 05, 2017 , ... )
- 20170505 : Wag The Dog - How Al Qaeda Played Donald Trump And The American Media ( May 05, 2017 , www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20170505 : Trump and Russia Shortest Reset Ever ( Apr 20, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170504* Jared Kushner fired me over Israel ten years ago by Philip Weiss ( www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170503 : Trumping the Party and the Pollsters ( Aug 12, 2015 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170501 : Members of Congress Demand Trump Provide Legal Justification for Syria Attack ( May 01, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170501 : Here is Why We Should not Laugh at Donald Trumps 100-Day Faceplant by Jon Schwarz ( Apr 29, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170430 : US 'No doubt' That Villain-Of-The-Day Has Banned Weapons ( Apr 30, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170428 : I seem to recall Ivanka telling Leslie Stahl she would be just a daughter and stay in NY. Now shes ordering up missile strikes. ( Apr 28, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170428 : The Final Stage of the Machiavellian Elites Takeover of America by Paul Fitzgerald & Elizabeth Gould ( www.truthdig.com )
- 20170428 : The US is at last facing the neocon captivity ( May 19, 2015 , mondoweiss.net t )
- 20170428 : Former President Obama Has a New Job Control the Official Narrative of American Exceptionalism - Truthdig ( Apr 28, 2017 , www.truthdig.com )
- 20170427 : Wall Street Journal Reports on Appearance of Private Equity Self-Dealing at Blackstone and Other Firms Nearly Four Years After We Broke the Story ( Apr 27, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170426 : Trumps Aggressions in Syria Will Have Long-Term Consequences ( Apr 26, 2017 , www.activistpost.com )
- 20170426 : Did Assad Order the Syrian Gas Attack ( Apr 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170426 : Ron Paul on New Syria Sanctions and Still Unproven Gas Attack Claim ( Apr 25, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170424 : The Honeymoon of the Generals ( Apr 24, 2017 , antiwar.com )
- 20170424 : Debunking Trumps Casus Belli ( Apr 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170424 : Trump and the Thucydides Trap The American Conservative ( Apr 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170421 : Trump has lost control over the Pentagon ( thesaker.is )
- 20170421 : We May Be on the Verge of a Return to the Bush Administrations Worst Abuses ( Apr 21, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170421 : These Lawmakers Are Trying to Curb Trumps Authority to Launch a Nuclear War ( Apr 21, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170421 : How to Lose the Next War in the Middle East ( Apr 21, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170421 : West does not want to investigate incident in Idlib, Russian diplomat says ( Apr 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170421 : First Transgender President Trump Becomes Hillary by Fred Reed ( Apr 20, 2017 , unz.com )
- 20170420 : Trumps New Foreign Policy Is the Worst of Both Worlds ( Apr 20, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170420 : Only Chlorine, Not Sarin, Involved In The Khan Sheikhun Incident ( Apr 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170420 : Oliver Stone Rages Against The Deep States Wonderful Job Of Throwing America Into Chaos ( Apr 20, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170419 : Bannons Worldview Dissecting the Message of The Fourth Turning ( Apr 19, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170419 : Wikileaks Hillary Clinton Told Al Qaeda Is On Our Side ( Apr 19, 2017 , www.eutimes.net )
- 20170419 : Russia should be persistent and keep pressuring UNSC for investigation. This must not be swept under the rug. ( Apr 19, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170418 : Tulsi Gabbard seems to be one of the few principled politicians in this case and for that she is marginalized for saying what few others have the moral courage to say. Many on the left are hoping she will run in 2020 for President. ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170418 : Trump Foreign Policy Becomes Bush 2.0 and Obama 1.5 ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20170418* Atomization of workforce as a part of atomization of society under neoliberalism ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170418 : How the U.S. Government Spins the Story by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170418 : NSC has been filled with McMaster loyalists aka Neocon preemptive strikers ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170418 : NSC has been filled w/McMaster loyalists aka Neocon/preemptive-strikers versus the Flynn/Bannon camp aka pragmatic-realists ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170418 : Russian Defence Minsitry No one has asked for antidotes or medicines around location of alleged Idlib chemical attack ( Apr 18, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170418 : Attack Against Syria and the Region Speaking Up ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170418 : Putin Syria Chemical Attack Was 'False Flag,' More 'Provocations' Coming ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170418 : Apparently, we only care when "beautiful, beautiful babies" are killed. ( Apr 18, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170417 : US Attack on Syria Cements Kremlins Embrace of Assad ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170417 : The pot calling the kettle black ( Apr 16, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170417 : Trump is escalating foreign conflicts ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170417 : The Syria Strikes A Conspiracy Theory ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170417 : The cruise missile attack was planned several days before it actually happened. Most likely, the attack was decided on before the Ross left Rota on April 3 ( Apr 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170417 : Meanwhile, overwhelming majority of US political elite is generally an office plankton with law or political science (or journalism--which is not a profession or a skill) ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170417 : Did Al Qaeda Fool The White House Again ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170417 : News became propaganda when alternative viewpoints are not fairly represented or worse, supressed ( Apr 17, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170416 : Joe Scarborough Giddy Over Souring Russian-US Relations, Says Russia is Helpless to Protect Syria ( Apr 16, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170416 : Trumps Beautiful Syria Airstrike and What It Means Opinion teleSUR English ( Apr 16, 2017 , www.telesurtv.net )
- 20170416 : Bolivia UN Envoy on Syria Attack History Teaches Us that US Lies to Justify Wars ( Apr 07, 2017 , telesurtv.net )
- 20170415 : The Nerve Agent Attack in Khan Shaykhun, Syria (+Addendum) - The Unz Review ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170415 : Syria Where the Rubber Meets the Road - The Unz Review ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170415 : 3-31-17 Arnaldo Claudio on National Security Advisor Gen. H.R. McMasters human rights violations of Iraqis in 2005 ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.libertarianinstitute.org )
- 20170415 : Man made political and economic institutions underlie economic success or lack of it ( Apr 15, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170415 : Report issued on April 11 consciously use false claims for justifying a war of aggression act against Syria supporting ISIS: ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170415 : Top Ten Reasons To Doubt Official Story On Assad Poison-Gas Attack ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20170415 : Why Is Trump Fighting ISIS in Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170415 : Russia Says Evidence Growing Syria Chemical Attack Was Staged ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20170413 : Neocons Have Trump on His Knees ( Apr 10, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170413 : Syria Accuses US Of Hitting ISIS Chemical Weapons Depot Killing Hundreds; Russia Sends Drones Zero Hedge ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170413 : The Escalating War on Syria and Need for International Law Opinion teleSUR English ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.telesurtv.net )
- 20170413 : Former GM Vice Chair Trashes Tesla Musk Is A Great Salesman But Theyre Doomed. Its Going To Fail ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170413 : Simply no incentive for the SAF to launch a chemical weapons attack. ( Apr 13, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170413 : Is it hard to wonder why Syrians might hold a grudge against the US? ( Apr 13, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170413 : Former CIA Analyst Ray McGovern debunks the alleged Syria 'Chemical Attack' ( Apr 09, 2017 , gosint.wordpress.com )
- 20170413 : Former DIA Colonel: "US strikes on Syria based on a lie" ( Apr 07, 2017 , gosint.wordpress.com )
- 20170413 : The problem with handing an ultimatum, is what will the US do when Russia rejects and ignores the ultimatum? More harsh words? More name calling? More sanctions. I think Russia is prepared for any eventuality. ( Apr 13, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170412 : Outraged Ivanka influenced Donald Trumps decision to strike Syria, Eric Trump says ( Apr 12, 2017 , watoday.com.au )
- 20170412 : Did Assad Really Use Sarin ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170412 : With Bannon and Kushner not getting along, well, it's a slam dunk that Bannon's out. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170412 : White House Intelligence Assessment Is No-Such-Thing - Shows Support for Al-Qaeda ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170412 : Those interested in how the MSM fell in love with terrorists in Syria should go back and check out Charlie Skeltons illuminating piece from The Guardian 2012 ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170412 : Mattis US-Russia Tensions Wont Spiral Out of Control by Jason Ditz ( Apr 12, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170412 : If Assad is removed, Iran is the next and then Russia ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : Look at what the Bolivian representative at the UNSC dared to do: ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : US Threatens Further Attacks on Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170412 : White House claims on Syria chemical attack 'obviously false' – MIT professor ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170412 : Did Assad Really Use Sarin ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170412 : Putin Will Not Meet Tillerson In Russia, As Confusion Grows Over US Policy Toward Syria ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170412 : Arnaldo Claudio on National Security Advisor Gen. H.R. McMasters human rights violations of Iraqis in 2005 ( Mar 31, 2017 , www.libertarianinstitute.org )
- 20170412 : The Verifiable Information Vacuum From Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170412 : US Officials Cant Explain Reason for Syria Chemical Attack ( Apr 12, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170412 : Tillerson Meets Putin; Visit Polite But Major Differences Remain ( Apr 12, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170412 : Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson: The Syrian chemical attack story is a hoax ( Apr 10, 2017 , gosint.wordpress.com )
- 20170412 : US-Russia relations at a low, says Tillerson after meeting with Putin ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170412 : A multi-level analysis of the US cruise missile attack on Syria and its consequences The Vineyard of the Saker ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170411 : Is There A New U.S. Syria Policy? Is There One At All? ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170411 : Vladimir Putin claimed ISIS planned false-flag chemical weapon attacks to justify further US missile strikes. ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170411 : Chuck Todd Interviewes Nikki Haley On NBCs Meet The Press ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170411 : The road to war and the death of millions is paved with dead baby propaganda ( Apr 11, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170411 : After Trumps Syria Attack, What Comes Next ( Apr 10, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170411 : Idlib chemical attack was false flag to set Assad up, more may come – Putin - RT News ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170411 : Chuck Todd Interviewes Bernie Sanders On NBCs Meet The Press ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170411 : John McCain interview On CBSs Face the Nation with John Dickerson (4-9-2017) ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170411 : Robert Steele - Inside Source Says Brennan, McCain McMaster Responsible for Syrian False Flag ( Apr 10, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170411 : Mattis Syria Will Not Spiral Out Of Control ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170411 : If US succeeds in regime change future bands of terrorists attacking the infidel will be trained in Aleppo ( Apr 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170411 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Why Does Assad Have To Go -- With Lew Rockwell ( Apr 11, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170411 : US Bolsters Protection of Ground Troops in Syria as Tensions Rise Growing Concerns Last Week's Strikes Could Fuel Retaliation ( Apr 11, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170411 : Donald Trump surrendered to neocons and sacrificed his Syrian policy in hope to squash Russian-ties witch hunt against him and his close allies ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170411 : Russian MoD US Missile Attack on Syrian Airbase was Prepared Long Time Ago ( Apr 11, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170411 : Something about typical narrow-minded, provincial neocon chichenhawks ( Apr 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170411 : The US should have supported a through UN investigation and international law in regard to the gas attacks in Syria. ( Apr 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170410 : If US succeeds in regime change future bands of terrorists attacking the infidel will be trained in Aleppo ( Apr 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170410 : That was roundly 30 tons of weight. ( Apr 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170410 : The Sarin Gas Attack In Syria Ignited an Information Battle ( Apr 10, 2017 , www.defenseone.com )
- 20170409 : Who is responsible for the chemical attack in Syria ( Sep 08, 2013 , www.salon.com )
- 20170409 : Biden No doubt Syria unleashed chemical attack, must pay price ( Aug 28, 2013 , www.cnn.com )
- 20170409 : Tucker Carlson Takes on Sen Graham After Syrian Strikes ( www.youtube.com )
- 20170409 : You would hope that our independent media might ask some important questions, rather than simply swallow the narrative our governments feed them ( Apr 09, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170409 : The re bels will now have an incentive to fake another chemical attack and bring the US fully into the war with Syria and Russia. Syria will then be left to the warring factions to fight it out just like Libya and Iraq. ( Apr 09, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170409 : Something Smells Rotten in Syria (and in Washington, too) ( Apr 08, 2017 , revisedhistory.wordpress.com )
- 20170409 : Michael Savage Turns on Trump, Says Syrian Gas Attack Was False Flag Operation ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170409 : Trump is a traitor ( www.youtube.com )
- 20170409 : False Flag: How the US Armed Syrian Rebels to Set Up an Excuse to Attack Assad ( Apr 08, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170409 : Miilitary brass notes only 40% of Tomahawk missiles fired hit targeted Syrian base ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170409 : The Syrian military denies using chemical weapons ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.jacobinmag.com )
- 20170409 : If Trump says Assad is responsible Assad is responsible. Trump doesnt need evidence. Not even a dodgy dossier. ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170409 : The USA and its allies such as Turkey and KSA invested six billions or so building insurgency supplying them with weapons (including some from Lybia) ( Apr 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170409 : No evidence of air attack using low or no explosive type cluster munitions which are needed for this type of ordinance ( Apr 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170409 : False flag or not ? ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170409 : This is Colin Powell's justification for Iraq war all over again ( Apr 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170409 : Even the liberals were all over this -- Bill Maher disgusted by the cable news response to Syria ( www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170409 : Former CIA Officer The Intelligence Confirms The Russian Account On Syria ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170409 : Russian FM US Secretary of State discuss US strike on Syria in phone call ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170409 : Trump now supports removal of Assad and another American led genocide ( Apr 09, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170409 : Trump, Syria, and Chemical Weapons What We Know, What We Dont, and the Dangers Ahead naked capitalism ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170409 : Russia condemns US missile strike on Syria, suspends key air agreement by David Filipov ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170409 : Is Assad to blame for the chemical weapons attack in Syria? ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.dw.com )
- 20170408 : Was Trumps Syria Strike Illegal? ( Apr 08, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170408 : Theyre terrified that peace was going to break out – Ron Paul on US Syria strike ( Apr 08, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170408 : US just flew tomahawk land attack missile (TLAM) in order to support al Qaeda, acting essentially as Al Qaeda air force. ( Apr 08, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170407 : US Launches Airstrikes Against Syria (Updated) ( Apr 07, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170407 : This Fishy Smell of Sarin, or Was It Chlorine? ( Apr 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170407 : Syria The Toxic Meltdown ( Apr 07, 2017 , sputniknews.com )
- 20170407 : Ron Paul Zero Chance Assad Behind Chemical Weapons Attack In Syria; Likely A False Flag Zero Hedge ( Apr 06, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170407 : Trump took Hillary Clintons advice to bomb Assad Air Bases ( Apr 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170407 : Tillerson Warns Russia Coalition Steps Are Underway To Remove Assad ( Apr 07, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170407 : Trump Orders Strikes Against Syrian Regime Airbase in Response to Chemical Attack ( Apr 07, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170407 : Missile strike demonstrates American leadership. Always bipartisan support for that ( Apr 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170407 : MoA - WMDs In The UNSC - History Repeats Itself, First As Tragedy, Second As Farce ( Apr 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170406 : Where are canisters and where are bomblets. ( Apr 06, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170404 : The pursuit of Trump may have caught the Obama White House ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170404 : Drones, special operations, CIA arms supplies, military advisers, aerial bombings - the whole nine yards. ( Apr 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170404 : No Evidence That Khan Sheikhoun Gas Attack Resulted From Aerial Bombardment ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.therussophile.org )
- 20170403 : Clinton-Morell Make Russia Pay a Price ( Apr 03, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170402 : How Obama White House Weaponized Media Against Trump ( Apr 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170401 : What Devin Nunes Knows ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170401 : Sean Spicer Repeats Trump s Unproven Wiretapping Allegation ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170401 : US neocons have a hard time coming to terms with a multi-lateral world. Still detente offered to Russia is likely to be conditioned on pulling Russia out of Chinas orbit and accepting Us terms in Syria ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170309 : Wiretarring scandal is a sign of empire in decay ( Mar 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170306 : Victim of Obama Administration Surveillance Order, James Rosen, Discusses His Experiences, says Trump Wiretape Plausible ( Mar 06, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170305 : Senator Sasse Issues Statement On Trumps Very Serious Wiretapping Allegations ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170305 : Obama Advisor Rhodes Is Wrong: The President Can Order A Wiretap, And Why Trump May Have The Last Laugh ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170304 : Obama Slams False Trump Accusation, Says Never Ordered Wiretapping ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170226 : Israel attack on Syrian forces might be a provocative effort and if its jets have been attacked by Syrian or Russian forces, which would allow Israel to use this as a causus belli to attempt to seize more land from Syria and Lebanon in the name of national security ( Feb 26, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170226 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity: US Ambassador to UN Nikki Haley We Must Sanction Assad Over Chemical Weapons by Daniel McAdams ( Feb 24, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170220 : Trump Chooses General McMaster as National Security Adviser ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170219 : The swamp fights back ( Feb 19, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170129 : How Obama Framed Trump with Faux Mortgage Insurance Rate Decrease ( Jan 29, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170127 : The Syrian People Desperately Want Peace ( Jan 27, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170127 : Just Back From Syria, Rep. Gabbard Brings Message There Are No Moderate Rebels ( Jan 27, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170124 : The Definitive Demise of the Debunked Dodgy Dossier on The Donald ( Jan 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170121 : James Mattis confirmed as secretary of defense ( Jan 20, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170121 : Donald Trump Introduced To The Audience At Swearing In Ceremony - YouTube ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170103 : Propaganda and Disinformation on Syria ( Jan 03, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170101 : Two views on Syrian war ( Jan 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170101 : NHS surgeon David Nott recounts harrowing story from a Syrian field hospital ( dailymail.co.uk )
- 20161231 : The last hissy fit of neocon Obama is probably connected with the loss of Alepo and being sidelined in Syria ( Dec 31, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20161230 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161221 : M of A - How The Military Excluded The White House From International Syria Negotiations ( Dec 21, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161220 : Its official the US is funding Middle-East jihadists! ( Dec 20, 2016 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20161218 : Syrian Rebels Attack, Burn Aleppo Evacuation Buses Zero Hedge ( Dec 18, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161215 : French forgot how mercilessly they bombed cilians in Lybi and who created ISIS ( Dec 15, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20161211 : Syrian Arab Army pulled out of Palmyra ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161210 : Primer on the Alawites in Syria - Foreign Policy Research Institute ( www.fpri.org )
- 20161206 : Complex political intrigue around Syria ( Dec 06, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161123 : War with Russia US politicians close to approving no-fly zone in Syria ( Nov 23, 2016 , theduran.com )
- 20161120 : The Field of Fight How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies by Michael T. Flynn, Michael Ledeen ( Nov 20, 2016 , www.amazon.com )
- 20161120 : Rand Paul says he will oppose John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State ( Nov 20, 2016 , rare.us )
- 20161120 : Most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161120 : Aleppo is watch by drones, satellites, radars and electronic sensors of every type by both US and Russia. Yet, the DOS (Department of Shit?) exclusively relies on the Observer dude in London and other miscreants for their claims of sinister Russian air strikes ( Nov 20, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20161119 : Former Turkish general: Trump could broker peace in Syria and end the civil war ( www.stripes.com )
- 20161119 : Syrian child disappointed she won't get to be drone-striked by the first female president by Duffel Blog ( Nov 13, 2016 , duffelblog.com )
- 20161116 : The main targets of Russian strikes are warehouses with ammunition, terrorist gatherings and terrorist terrorist training centers, as well as plants for the production of various kinds of weapons of mass destruction ( Nov 15, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20161113 : Fears that Trump will be tamed by the deep state and neocons ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161112 : The Podesta emails - After Hillary, John Podesta had been seriously warned about the Syrian chaos ( Nov 12, 2016 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20161111 : M of A - Nusra On The Run - Trump Induces First Major Policy Change On Syria ( Nov 11, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161108 : Last Stand for ISIS by Eric Margolis ( www.unz.com )
- 20161107 : In June 2014, Mosul was handed over to the jihadists without a fight. The special forces of the United States left to the terrorists heavy military equipment, armor, ammunition, some very badly guarded bases for supply, and half a billion dollars in cash in several banks ( Nov 07, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161031 : IMO the whole flight crew of the U.S. aircraft along with their three back-end commanders need to be permanently removed from flying status. ( Oct 31, 2016 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20161030 : If only NATO would bomb Syria there would be more secularism as in the Islamist state of new Libya? ( Oct 30, 2016 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20161030 : The De Facto US/Al Qaeda Alliance by Robert Parry ( Oct 29, 2016 , https://consortiumnews.com )
- 20161029 : 54 graduates of the program training Syrian opposition fighters: it is the first set of trained recruits in a $500,000,000 training program started in May 2015 . ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161028 : Team Clinton Headspace Emails Published by WikiLeaks Are About Her Mood ( Oct 28, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161023 : analysis of nationalism, religion, and ethnicity by Zerocalcare ( Oct 23, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161022 : Israel doesn't have to worry about a stand up fight with the Syrian Army. No, they have to worry about small unit and irregular warfare, inside Israel. That's the kind of spillover a hotted up Syrian "Civil War" would produce ( Oct 22, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161022 : The No Fly Zone was the strategy used to destroy Gaddafi. It's HRC's telegraph for invasion. ( Oct 22, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161022 : Russia has very obvious strategic interests in Syria. Among other things, it is trying to prevent the takeover of another country on its doorstep by Islamic jihadists, to halt the further ( Oct 22, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161022 : Our American b.s. pretense of righteous conduct is seriously interfering with the political ability to arrive at a deliberately chosen policy likely to achieve strategically chosen objectives, to cooperate efficiently within the policy-making hierarchy, to cooperate with allies and rivals (like Russia, which probably does not see the U.S. as particularly trustworthy or even entirely rational in negotiation), and to generate public support and general legitimacy ( Oct 22, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161021 : Syria War 2016 - GoPro POV Footage Of Turkish Backed Turkmen Fighters In Heavy Clashes With The Syrian Army In Latakia ( Oct 21, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161021 : A Desperate Obama Administration Resorts To Lying And Maybe More by Moon of Alabama ( Oct 08, 2016 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20161020 : Quotes from the Wikileaks stash of Hillary Clinton speeches and emails from her campaign chair John Podesta. ( Oct 12, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161017 : All the same media outlets and elites that were screaming for the invasion of Iraq are now howling for evil Syrian blood and the removal of another monster before he destroys all the peace and stability we bring to the region ( Oct 17, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161015 : The US plays chicken with the Russians in Syria with the proposal of no fly zones using anti-russian hysteria as tool to attack votes to Hillary ( Oct 15, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161009 : And why is it that all the r2p humanitarians are calling for a no-fly zone? To protect Syrians. Obviously the most humane way to do that is to 'kill a lot of Syrians' ( Oct 09, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161008 : this interview with Nasrallah from Hezbollah from links this morning, but it's a real eye-opener ( Oct 08, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161007 : The media are misleading the public on Syria by Stephen Kinzer ( Feb 18, 2016 , The Boston Globe )
- 20161005 : You know the rats are in real trouble when the MSM starts talking about humanitarian intervention. ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161004 : Should the busts of Hillary, Bush, Blair, and Cheney form a museum of savage stupidity and war crimes ? ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161002 : 'Leaked Kerry comments prove US involvement in Syrian crisis from onset' ( www.rt.com )
- 20160929 : It is unclear who is ( Sep 29, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160928 : The root cause of Syria war is Baathists aligned with non Sunnis running a sector of land lusted after by the Saudis and GCC ( Sep 04, 2016 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20160926 : Berlin Election Outcome Signals Merkels Tenuous Grip on Chancellorship ( Sep 24, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160926 : It has been particularly infuriating to see the Chanel-suited Berkeley types be the ones to embrace imperial fascist war-making with such glee. ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160926 : heres an article that contradicts the notion that US policy in Syria was about the Qatari pipeline as that claim–put forth in a Politico article by Robert Kennedy Jr–was little more than a ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160926 : Oh no, our proxies are surrounded and being ground into dust. Human rights! Human rights! Please stop bombing! ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160922 : Deir ez-Zor bombings: What is US actual goal in Syria ( Sep 22, 2016 , atimes.com )
- 20160915 : On Views Of The War On Syria by Debs is Dead> ( Sep 15, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160912 : Syria decision the latest blow to Obamas Middle East legacy ( Oct 30, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20160909 : Americas True Role in Syria ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160909 : Hillary Clintons Likely Defense Secretary Wants More US Troops Fighting ISIS and Assad ( Jun 22, 2016 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20160829 : Middle East divides the Empire ( Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160828 : The Childish Villain-ification Of Donald Trump ( Aug 26, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160827 : Obama is back to his old game: Assad should go ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160824 : Comments on US Military Website Explode in Ridicule After Top Commander Warns Russia, Syria ( russia-insider.com )
- 20160824 : The US raises the stakes in Syria, sets up no-fly zones in Syria and threatens to shoot down any Russian/Syrian jets enter these no-fly zones ( Aug 24, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160818 : The casuality figures suggests that a civil war between factions fighting on approxzimatly level playing field with civilians caught in the middle, sometimes deliberately killed and sometimes dying because of indiscriminate fire ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160815 : The True Story Of How War Broke Out In Syria ( Zero Hedge )
- 20160815 : Putin-Erdogan Meeting a Dud No Common Ground on Syria ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160815 : The next NeoCon Presidency will produce another neocon disaster ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160814 : Mike Morells Kill-Russians Advice ( Aug 13, 2016 , Antiwar.com )
- 20160813 : In foreign events coverage the US neoliberal media always behaves like it is an arm of CIA Such a disgusting bottom feeders. without any moral principles or courage to resist the government pressure ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160813 : Downing Street-controlled BBC disapproves the thawing of relations between Russia and Turkey ( w_page_12.htmhttps: )
- 20160809 : he USA and the coup in Turkey new disturbing questions - Defend Democracy Press ( Jun 08, 2016 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160809 : They knew nothing about the coup in Turkey! - Defend Democracy Press ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160809 : Russophobia by Giulietto Chiesa ( Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160809 : Slate, Mother Jones, and Buzzfeed News all ran more stories about Trump's dust-up with an infant than they did on what was effectively the start of bombing of Libya ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160809 : Fantastic progress of democracy New York Times barely notice the new war in Libya! by Adam H. Johnson ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160808 : Has al Nusra proven to be a capable fighting force on its own? Or has it proven capable at using the weapons gifted it by its regime-change uncle and with the support of the USAF and ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160808 : A broader trend in the Western media to offer sensationalistic and misleading coverage that exacerbates poor relations with Russia. ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160808 : China openly offers Russia an alliance against NATO ( www.fort-russ.com )
- 20160807 : Neocon from Foreign Policy magazine are still dreaming about dismembering and colonizing Russi ( Aug 07, 2016 )
- 20160806 : Vladimir Putin Issued a Chilling Warning to the United States ( Aug 04, 2016 , theantimedia.org )
- 20160806 : Empire's Chain Reaction ( The American Conservative )
- 20160805 : Free cookies……the Clinton-Nuland-Obama legacy – Jackpine Radicals ( jackpineradicals.com )
- 20160805 : Neocons and Liberal Interventionists -- Like Hillary -- Are Converging on Foreign Policy ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160805 : Meet Neocon "Doughnut Dolly" Victoria Nuland by Wayne MADSEN ( 18.12.2013 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20160805 : Nuland is a Democrat? Boy they let anybody in ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160805 : Obama's Failed Foreign Policy Change The American Conservative by Philip Giraldi ( www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160804 : An Eloquent Silence The West does not respond to Turkish accusations - ( Feb 08, 2016 , Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160804 : Commentary The real reason Washington calls Putin a thug by Peter Van Buren ( Aug 02, 2016 , Reuters )
- 20160802 : NSA Architect: Agency Has ALL of Clinton's Deleted Emails ( www.breitbart.com )
- 20160801 : Strengthening Russo-Turkish Alliance Stokes US-Russian Cold War naked capitalism ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160728 : Russian media is being accused of fakes and lies when the reality is that theyre almost always quoting Western media in verbatim on all these things ( July 25, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160728 : http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2016/07/exclusive-interview-putin-dnc-emails-russia-love.html ( www.washingtonsblog.com )
- 20160728 : NSA Whistleblower Not So Fast On Claims Russia Behind DNC Email Hack naked capitalism ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160728 : I am missing a white sock from the laundry I did over the weekend. I know Putin did it ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160727 : Clinton is everything thats repugnant in Western politics. ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160727 : http://www.moonofalabama.org/2016/07/syria-and-the-dnc-hack-how-believes-turn-into-dangerous-policies.html#more ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160725 : Turkey coup ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160725 : Clinton Asserts Putin Influence On Trump - After Taking Russian Bribes ( M of A )
- 20160725 : The New American Century was announced at the UN in November, 1991 by George Herbert Walker Bush ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160724 : Obama Denies Advance Knowledge of Turkish Coup ( Jul 22, 2016 , Antiwar.com )
- 20160723 : Did Russia save Erdogan ( Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160719 : The Hawks Are Still in Charge ( The American Conservative )
- 20160711 : Russia and America Destined for Conflict ( nationalinterest.org )
- 20160710 : Anti-militarism by John Quiggin ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160704 : Brexit Is a Mutiny Against the Cosmopolitan Elite ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160704 : Brexit, Seen from the Top of Europe ( The New Yorker )
- 20160704 : Nationalism and the Brexit Vote ( The New York Times )
- 20160704 : Brexit Vote Shows Rising Far-Right Nationalism, Singapore Says ( Bloomberg )
- 20160704 : What Do the Brexit Movement and Donald Trump Have in Common ( www.newyorker.com )
- 20160704 : After Brexit, Nationalism and Trump Rising ( www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160703 : Obama Will Need His Oratory Powers to Sell Globalization by MARK LANDLER ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20160702 : Guardian sinks into Gutter on Corbyn Again! Dissident Voice ( dissidentvoice.org )
- 20160701 : John Lukacs, the Hungarian-American historian, has spent a lifetime arguing that nationalism-not socialism, or even liberalism-is the core ideology of modernity, and that the lesson of history is that nationalism will assert itself, like an unquenchable microbe, anytime it has the least opportunity ( www.newyorker.com )
- 20160628 : There is an interesting campaign going on in Washington right now pushing for a no-fly zone over Syria ( Jun 22, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160628 : Weapons from the former Libya military stockpiles were shipped from the port of Benghazi, Libya to the Port of Banias and the Port of Borj Islam, Syria ( truepundit.com )
- 20160628 : http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article44944.htm ( www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20160628 : The Brexit Rejection of Neoliberal Tyranny ( consortiumnews.com )
- 20160627 : Transcript: Clinton testifies before House Committee on Benghazi/ ( www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20160619 : Syria - Russian Surprise Attack Blows Up Kerrys Delaying Tactic ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160618 : 51 US Diplomats Urge Strikes Against Assad in Syria ( The New York Times )
- 20160618 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials Dissent Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160617 : Know-Nothing Diplomats Prepare For Hillarys War On Syria ( Moon of Alabama )
- 20160612 : Putin signs NGO bill exempting charities from Russia's 'foreign agents law' ( Jun 3, 2016 , RT )
- 20160610 : In 2009 it was immediately obvious Obama was a complete and total fraud and he has governed center right because he has a neocon much like Bush 11 and Clinton were ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160610 : This despicable, corrupt Clinton-style neocon Obama ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160602 : US stabs Saudi ally in the back – again – with terror scapegoating by Finian Cunningham ( RT Op-Edge )
- 20160530 : Red Hot Jingoism, With a Side of Apple Pie ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160526 : Out of the Cold War? by Caroline Dorminey ( May 23, 2016 , theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160523 : Kerry Threatens War-Without-End on Syria ( sputniknews.com )
- 20160520 : Venezuelan President Maduro USA fatally obsessed with Russia ( www.pravdareport.com )
- 20160520 : Iraq has peaked ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160518 : Isis attacking Iraqi gas plants. How long before they go after the export oil facilities? ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160505 : Nuland Tells Cyprus To Cut Russian Ties – Pressures Anastasiades To Accept Nato Plan For Turkish Troops In Cyprus ( May 4, 2016 , nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160424 : Foreign intervention in Libya and the last days of Gaddafi by Patrick Cockburn ( www.unz.com )
- 20160423 : Treanor Structures of Nationalism ( socresonline.org.uk )
- 20160423 : My support for Obama evaporated as it became apparent that, rather than fighting for civil rights, he was doubling down on Bush/Cheneys totalitarian approach to all issues of security ( www.quora.com )
- 20160410 : KAS oil policy clearly demonstrates the grave danger inherent in absolute monarchy - a lot depends on the man at the top ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160318 : NYT Conceals U.S. Control Over Anti-Russian Pro-Democracy Nonprofit ( March 12, 2016 , M of A )
- 20160314 : Putin's $50 Billion Oil Cache Gives Russia Luxury to Ignore ECB ( finance.yahoo.com )
- 20160313 : Theres no such thing as imperialism-lite, Obama. Libya has shown that once again ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160313 : http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/12/five-foreign-policy-questions-us-election-candidates ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160313 : There's no such thing as imperialism-lite, Obama. Libya has shown that once again ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160312 : President Obama's Interview With Jeffrey Goldberg on Syria and Foreign Policy ( The Atlantic )
- 20160310 : Turks cannot support financially and politically the whole Iraqs Kurdistan entity where the oil is coming from ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160310 : EIA Inventory Report and Oil Market Analysis 3 9 2016 ( Zero Hedge )
- 20160310 : Do you remember five men being arrested by NYPD on 9-11 for filming and celebrating the attacks ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160309 : Russias exposure to low oil prices has been mitigated by the depreciation of the ruble relative to the dollar, given ruble-denominated production costs, and by Russias taxation regime for the oil sector ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160309 : Article Obama. Putin and the U.S. Election ( Mar 07, 2016 , OpEdNews )
- 20160307 : The Danger Of Media Blackout Zero Hedge ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160307 : Will Russia End Up Controlling 73% of Global Oil Supply ( OilPrice.com )
- 20160306 : Saudis Awarded Frances Highest National Honor For Fight Against Terrorism Zero Hedge ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160304 : BREAKING News As Propaganda ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160303 : M of A - Russia Is Weaponizing ... Everything ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160303 : Former US Marine President Obama should be tried for treason ( RT - SophieCo )
- 20160303 : The meeting of oil-producing countries will be held on March 20th in Russia ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160303 : Russia can not replace the European customers but US neocons are trying to kick Russia out of Europe ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160303 : Iraqs oil exports in February fall below planned levels ( March 2, 2016 bakken.com )
- 20160302 : Why the Arabs Don't Want Us in Syria by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. ( Feb 23, 2016 , POLITICO Magazine )
- 20160229 : LiveJournal ( www.livejournal.com )
- 20160228 : Russia predicts a shortage of oil in four years ( 24.02.2016 , Die Welt/InoSMI )
- 20160228 : The USA want to limit Russian supplies of energy to Europe by all means possible ( fuelfix.com )
- 20160220 : Saudi minister says Syrian rebels should get surface-to-air missiles ( Reuters )
- 20160220 : US shale gas bluff: combined net natural gas exports from the US and Australia to Europe would be approximately zero.Such a replacement for Russian gas ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160217 : Bigger Than Watergate - Hillary Clinton And The Syrian Bloodbath ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160217 : The US is the dominant force in international banking. It is this position from which sanctions are derived. ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160217 : Putin Foresaw US Drive for World Domination in 2007 Speech ( sputniknews.com )
- 20160214 : The tragedy of our times of information warfare is that well-educated and sincere citizens are blind-sighted ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160213 : Armenia-Iran Deal May Threaten Russia's Natural Gas Market ( 11 February 2016 , OilPrice.com )
- 20160213 : The Obama Administration Recklessly Escalates Confrontation With Russia ( The Nation )
- 20160213 : Democratic debate: the five biggest moments ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160212 : Theres A Special Place at The Hague for Madeleine Albright ( russia-insider.com )
- 20160210 : Theres a special place in hell for women who have the blood of children on their hands. ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160209 : The most dangerious man in the Middle East ( Atlantico )
- 20160209 : University Study Shows that the Maidan Massacre was Planned by the Putschists ( January 17, 2016 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20160208 : Chesapeake has hired Kirkland and Ellis as its bankruptcy attorney which a typical step before formal Chapter 11 filing ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160205 : Oil as a strategic weapon of the US empire ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160203 : Global gas market braced for price war ( FT.com )
- 20160203 : Lies of the Neocons From Leo Strauss to Scooter Libby ( OpEdNews )
- 20160203 : The Gloating of the Neocons ( October 31, 2014 , counterpunch.org )
- 20160203 : Neoconservatives as neoliberals with a gun ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160203 : Russian oil output hits high in January amid OPEC deal speculation ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160202 : The primary US elite objective is to prevent the reemergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160202 : Russia open to meeting with major oil-producing countries ( www.dailyherald.com )
- 20160201 : Russia Cries Dyadya (Uncle), Is Saudi Arabia Listening ( OilPrice.com )
- 20160131 : Pepe Escobar: You have now landed in Geneva, Syria ( Jan 29, 2016 , www.rt.com )
- 20160129 : The so-called experts know the real situation yet they continue to cloud the issue with ideologically based biased spin by Leonard Brecken ( January 29, 2016 , OilPrice.com )
- 20160129 : Russia probably reached a plateau of oil production in 2015 ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160129 : Crude Combat Riyadh Reduced Oil Prices to Hurt Russia and Iran ( sputniknews.com )
- 20160127 : The Implications of Foreign Minister Lavrovs Snub of Victoria Nuland ( naked capitalism )
- 20160126 : Russian economy contracts 3.7% on falling oil prices ( RT Business )
- 20160125 : George Soros The hidden hand behind color revolutions -- Puppet Masters ( Sott.net )
- 20160125 : Congress is Writing the President a Blank Check for War by Ron Pau ( January 24, 2016 , The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity )
- 20160123 : U.S. Relies Heavily on Saudi Money to Support Syrian Rebels ( Jan 23, 2016 , The New York Times )
- 20160123 : Russian bombs take toll in Syria as Islamic State under pressure Reuters ( Jan 20, 2016 , reuters.com )
- 20160120 : Russian ruble hits a new low as oil prices weaken ( January 19, 2016 , bakken.com )
- 20160118 : While U.S.-Iran Relations Warm, Russia Is The Real Winner ( OilPrice.com )
- 20160118 : US will eventually bomb Iran as it bombed others - foreign policy expert by William Blum ( Apr 17 , 2015 , RT - SophieCo )
- 20160115 : This strategy engineered to hurt Russia can only last another six months or so. Mass shutting down of stripper wells leads to the permanent loss of production and cannot be be allowed ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160114 : Syria Obamas Delusion Over Russian Retreat Continues ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160114 : M of A - Syria Obamas Delusion Over Russian Retreat Continues ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160113 : Interview of President Putin to German newspaper Bild. Part 1 ( January 11, 2016 , en.kremlin.ru )
- 20160113 : Russia Stock Swings Widen as Oil Rout Dims Investor Outlook ( Bloomberg Business )
- 20160113 : Tomgram Michael Klare, The Look of a Badly Oiled Planet ( Jan 13, 2016 , TomDispatch )
- 20160112 : Syria Russian Campaign Enables Government Progress - Terrorists Lines Fall Apart ( M of A )
- 20160112 : International Rig Counts Still Falling - Peak Oil BarrelPeak Oil Barrel ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160112 : M of A - The Saudi War On Everything Iran May Bounce Back As New Houthi Missile ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160110 : Engineered Migration as a Coercive Instrument: The 1994 Cuban Balseros Crisis ( Engineered Migration as a Coercive Instrument: The 1994 Cuban Balseros Crisis , Jan 10, 2016 )
- 20160109 : Sheikh Nimr: Martyr of World War III ( journal-neo.org )
- 20160109 : Lets not forget that the Syrian refugee migration is a manufactured crisis ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160109 : There are indications that some in Saudi Arabia are on a mission to drag the entire region to conflict ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160109 : Russian Federation has now openly declared the US and NATO strategic threats to Russia ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160109 : What countries Us attack ( moonofalabama.org )
- 20160108 : Contrary To Media Claims U.S. Always Sides With Its Saudi Clients ( Jan 05, 2016 , M of A )
- 20160107 : Obama as yet another neocon president ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160103 : According to a Reuters poll, Russian oil production in 2016 is expected to rise to a new post-Soviet yearly average high of 10.78 million bpd despite price falls ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160102 : Turkey faces big losses as Russia sanctions bite ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160102 : Turkey faces big losses as Russia sanctions bite ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Absolutely Mr. Celik. Absolutely! ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Absolutely Mr. Celik. Absolutely! ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Absolutely Mr. Celik. Absolutely! ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Absolutely Mr. Celik. Absolutely! ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Absolutely Mr. Celik. Absolutely! ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151231 : Vladimir Putin Fights the War Party on All Fronts ( readersupportednews.org )
- 20151230 : Syrian troops backed by Russian jets enters rebel-held southern town army ( news.yahoo.com )
- 20151230 : Putin rules out reconciliation with Turkey ( news.yahoo.com )
- 20151230 : Moscow demands arrest of rebel for 'murder' of Russian warplane pilot ( news.yahoo.com )
- 20151229 : What Really Caused the Implosion of the Occupy Movement -- An Insider's View ( Dec 28, 2015 , naked capitalism )
- 20151229 : The military strategy to defeat the Islamic State can be summed up as "isolate and eradicate" ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20151228 : 2015 – The year Russia exposed Western barbarism ( Dec 28, 2015 , RT Op-Edge )
- 20151228 : Wars Past and Wars to Come ( monthlyreview.org )
- 20151224 : European Leaders Cry Foul Against Germany's Support for Gas Pipeline ( Dec 21, 2015 , OilPrice.com )
- 20151224 : Obamas foreign policy goals get a boost from plunging oil prices ( The Washington Post )
- 20151224 : Is The Russian-Turkish Standoff An Opportunity For The West ( Dec 14, 2015 , OilPrice.com )
- 20151223 : Turkey won't respond to Putin's insulting comments ( nation.com.pk )
- 20151222 : Seymour M. Hersh · Military to Military · LRB 7 January 2016 ( lrb.co.uk )
- 20151221 : Ignorance is Strength ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151221 : Journalists are really mouthpieces for political factions within their own government power structure but the best journalists choose faction that actually embraces reality ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151220 : Michael Hudson The IMF Changes its Rules to Isolate China and Russia ( December 18, 2015 , naked capitalism )
- 20151219 : Russia opens black box of jet downed by Turkey ( news.yahoo.com )
- 20151219 : Turkey Blasts Breakthrough UN Resolution On Syria It Lacks Perspective. Assad Must Go! ( Dec 19, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151219 : The Exception ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151217 : The Putin-Did-It Conspiracy Theory ( February 15, 2015 , readersupportednews.org )
- 20151217 : A Blind Eye Toward Turkey's Crimes ( December 16, 2015 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20151216 : Cornering Russia, Risking World War III ( Consortiumnews )
- 20151214 : The long-cherished neocon dream of "regime change" in Syria is blocking a possible route out of the crisis ( consortiumnews.com )
- 20151212 : Guyenot Who are the Neocons ( Peak Prosperity )
- 20151211 : How Far Can The Syria Conflict Spiral Out Of Control ( naked capitalism )
- 20151209 : Declassified CIA Manual Shows How US Uses Bureaucracy to Destabilize Governments ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20151207 : Did Erdogan Commit Political Suicide Shahir ShahidSaless ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20151206 : With allies like Turkey, who needs enemies ( www.dailykos.com )
- 20151206 : US elite strategy toward Russia is replica of UK strategy a century before ( russia-insider.com )
- 20151206 : More Planes Than Targets Why the Air War on ISIS Will Fail ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20151204 : The Neoconservative Movement is Trotskyism ( January 22, 2013 , Veterans Today )
- 20151204 : Turkish Stream is now officially cancelled. All the eggs are now in the same basket: Nord Stream II. ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151203 : It's a pretty tough situation for Putin ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151203 : Who are those moderate rebels in Syria ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151203 : Germany Rebukes Its Own Intelligence Agency for Criticizing Saudi Policy ( The New York Times )
- 20151203 : Murder And Mayhem In The Middle East ( Dec 1, 2015 , Safehaven.com )
- 20151203 : ISIS Oil Plot Thickens Turkish MP Has Evidence Erdogans Son-In-Law Involved In Illegal Crude Trade ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151203 : On That Video Where Some Egyptians Allegedly Say Obama Is Insane And On Drugs And Should Be Removed From Office ( EconoSpeak )
- 20151203 : The history of the Arab conquest of Byzantium is purposefully ignored ( economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20151203 : ISIS oil hub with 3000 parked oil trucks escaped detection by the USA and its eagle-eyed coalition ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151203 : Why did Turkey shoot down the Russian Soukhoï 24 ( www.voltairenet.org )
- 20151203 : Putin says Turkey 'will regret' shooting down of Russian bomber ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151203 : Tomgram Andrew Bacevich, An Invitation to Collective Suicide ( Dec 03, 2015 , TomDispatch )
- 20151202 : BOMBSHELL Ambush of Russian Bomber Was Guided by US Reconnaissance ( russia-insider.com )
- 20151202 : Russia Presents Detailed Evidence Of ISIS-Turkey Oil Trade ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151201 : US Intervention Before And After ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151130 : The Spanish General could give the order to shoot down Russian su- ( Nov 30, 2015 )
- 20151130 : Paul Craig Roberts Rages At The Arrogance, Hubris, Stupidity Of The US Government ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151130 : Erdogan Says Will Resign If Oil Purchases From ISIS Proven After Putin Says Has More Proof ( Nov 30, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151130 : Russia Bans Soros Foundation As A Threat To National Security And Constitutional Order Zero Hedge ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20151129 : Turkish militants kill russian pilot while he is decending ( yudenich.ru )
- 20151129 : Turkey hands over body of Russian pilot to Russia ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151129 : How ISIS is financed ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20151129 : Top U.S. Air Defense Commander Turkey's Shootdown of Russian Jet "Had to Be PRE-PLANNED" ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151128 : Russias Intervention in Syria and What Washington Should Do ( Nov 28, 2015 , Foreign Affairs )
- 20151128 : An Invisible US Hand Leading to War Turkey's Downing of a Russian Jet was an Act of Madness ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20151128 : Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151128 : Remaking the Middle East: How the US Grew Tired and Less Relevant ( November 14, 2015 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20151128 : Turkey's Erdogan Expresses Regret Over Russian Plane Downing ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20151128 : ISIS Oil Trade Full Frontal Raqqas Rockefellers, Bilal Erdogan, KRG Crude, And The Israel Connection ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151128 : John Helmer The Classic Rules for Combatting Turkish Aggression ( naked capitalism )
- 20151128 : Who is buying ISILs oil ( Al Jazeera English )
- 20151128 : Jonathan Marshall ( Nov 27, 2015 , The Scott Horton Show )
- 20151128 : Shooting down the Russian jet a symptom of Turkey's central malaise - GÜVEN SAK ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151128 : Syria intervention plan fueled by oil interests, not chemical weapon concern ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20151128 : Experts Turkey might be tried for financing ISIL, arms trafficking ( www.todayszaman.com )
- 20151128 : The Iraqi Pissing Match - John Kiriakou on RAI (4-10) ( therealnews.com )
- 20151127 : Russia continues to block Turkish goods amid lingering jet crisis ( www.todayszaman.com )
- 20151127 : James Winnefeld, the deputy chief of General Staff of the US military, was in Ankara when the incident occurred ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151127 : Syrian Turkmen commander who killed Russian pilot turns out to be Turkish ultranationalist ( RT News )
- 20151127 : Turkish F-16 attacked Russian Su-24 without warning, both were above Syria – commander ( Nov 27 , 2015 , RT News )
- 20151127 : Putin Hard to imagine Turkish gov't unaware of oil supplies from ISIL ( www.todayszaman.com )
- 20151127 : Russian economic retaliation rains down on Turkey as tension lingers ( www.todayszaman.com )
- 20151127 : Kremlin Cutting Economic Links With the Turks ( Nov 27, 2015 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20151127 : Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20151127 : Turkeys attack on Russian jet is foreign policy nightmare Austrian ex-chancellor ( RT - SophieCo )
- 20151127 : If these other foreign goupes searching for pilot include Americans and that might be the reason that after the plane was shot down, Russia was slapped with additional sanctions ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151127 : Reckless Turkey ( RT CrossTalk )
- 20151127 : Turkish President Erdo an warns Russia not to play with fire ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151127 : Turkish minister says trade retaliation by Russia will hurt its farmers ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151127 : Suspiciously well-equipped group of militants was looking for a catapult of the Navigator the fallen in Syria bomber su-24, ( www.gazeta.ru )
- 20151127 : Guest Post Why Is The US Hanging Turkey Out To Dry ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151127 : Who's-who--Syria's-terror-list ( Al-Ahram Weekly )
- 20151127 : Downing of Russian Jet Over Turkey was Inevitable ( Al Jazeera America )
- 20151127 : Turkey has spent years allowing jihadist groups to flourish - so beware its real reasons for shooting down a Russian plane ( independent.co.uk )
- 20151127 : President Erdogan hits out at 'shameful' accusations Turks profit from Isis ( independent.co.uk )
- 20151127 : We need an asymmetrical responce ( izvestia.ru )
- 20151126 : Turkey and Russia on collision course in Syria ( Al Arabiya News )
- 20151126 : France's Hollande Calls for Anti-isil Coalition ( Al Jazeera America )
- 20151126 : Putin: Turkey 'knew downed fighter jet was Russian' ( www.bbc.com )
- 20151126 : Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President ( Nov 26, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151126 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Who Is Protecting ISIS And Why ( ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20151126 : Syrian Rebels Make Intensive Use of US Missiles ( Nov 26, 2015 , Antiwar.com )
- 20151126 : Turkey won't apologize for downing Russian jet Erdo an ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Russian jet incident planned, Turkish opposition member says ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Poking the 'Russian Bear' comes at a cost ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Airplane crisis raising questions about future of close economic, trade ties between Russia and Turkey ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Russian nationalists attack Turkish Embassy in Moscow ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Russia and Turkey refuse to back down News , Middle East ( THE DAILY STAR )
- 20151125 : Downing of Russian plane reveals potential for more conflict ( Nov 25, 2015 , The Washington Post )
- 20151125 : The motive How Russias enemies benefit from the downing of Su-24 ( Fort Russ )
- 20151125 : Sultan Erdogans War on Russia ( sputniknews.com )
- 20151125 : Russia accuses Turkey of hypocrisy after Erdogan admits airspace violation does not justify attack ( independent.co.uk )
- 20151125 : Washington using Turkey as a tool to destabilize Russia ( RT Op-Edge )
- 20151125 : Turkish jets gave us no warning before shooting ( www.rt.com )
- 20151125 : NATO Is Harboring ISIS, And Heres The Evidence ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20151125 : Turkeys Shootdown of Russian Jet What You Need to Know ( naked capitalism )
- 20151125 : Russian foreign minster calls plane downing 'planned provocation' ( www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20151125 : An Invisible US Hand Leading to War Turkey's Downing of a Russian Jet was an Act of Madness ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20151125 : 17 Seconds That Changed The World - Leaked Letter Exposes Turkeys Hair-Trigger Reality ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151125 : Russia to deploy S-400 air defense system in Hmeimim airbase ( sana.sy )
- 20151125 : Alarm bells toll for Turkish tourism sector over Russia crisis ( www.hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151125 : Why it was done? The simple answer is to put pressure on Russia to force it to withdraw from Syria ( www.kp.ru )
- 20151125 : Turkey's Stab in the Back ( Nov 25, 2015 Antiwar.com )
- 20151125 : Why Did Turkey Attack a Russian Plane ( The American Conservative )
- 20151124 : The Russians had it coming to them ( Nov 24, 2015 , Telegraph )
- 20151124 : Sultan Erdogan has been served notice ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151124 : Russian jet downed over Syria, Putin This is a stab in the back by terrorism backers… Lavrov cancels Turkey visit Syrian Ara ( sana.sy )
- 20151124 : Turkey Shoots Down Russian Warplane Near Syrian Border ( The New York Times )
- 20151124 : We shot the pilots while they were landing with parachutes ( hurriyetdailynews.com )
- 20151124 : The Two Versions Of The Latakia Plane Incident ( M of A )
- 20151124 : Putin's response ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20151124 : PM Turkey has right to take all kinds of measures ( www.turkishpress.com )
- 20151123 : The Pentagon expands an inquiry into Central Command over allegations that officials overstated the progress of airstrikes against the Islamic State ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20151123 : Putin's crushing strategy for Syria ( bostonglobe.com )
- 20151123 : The Crisis of World Order ( Nov. 20, 2015 , WSJ )
- 20151121 : US Congresswoman Introduces Bill To Stop Illegal War On Assad; Says CIA Ops Must Stop ( Nov 21, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151120 : Hillarys Heavy Obligations to Wall Street Money and The Banks Favorite Candidates ( jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com )
- 20151116 : Bankrupt British Empire Keeps Pushing To Overthrow Putin ( January 1, 2012 , http://schillerinstitute.org/russia/2012/0122_overthrow_putin.html )
- 20151114 : Bakken Big Decline in September ( Nov 14, 2015 , Peak Oil BarrelPeak Oil Barrel )
- 20151114 : Iraqi warmonger Ahmad Chalabi dies ( Nov 03, 2015 , Al Arabiya News )
- 20151031 : Another Black Swan? Turkey Holds Snap Elections Amid NATO-Backed Civil War ( zerohedge.com )
- 20151031 : Congresswoman Calls US Effort To Oust Assad Illegal, Accuses CIA Of Backing Terroists ( Oct 31, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151030 : Russia Takes Over The Mid-East Moscow Gets Green Light For Strikes In Iraq, Sets Up Alliance With Jordan ( Oct 24, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151004 : Wake-up call on Syrian army weakness prompted Russian intervention ( Oct 01, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20151004 : Saudis Mull Launch Of Regional War As Russia Pounds Targets In Syria For Fourth Day ( Oct 04, 2015 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20151004 : Gulf states plan military response as Putin raises the stakes in Syria ( Oct 04, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20130621 : Putin stands up to G8 warmongers on Syria, reaffirming support for Assad govt. by Finian Cunningham ( Putin stands up to G8 warmongers on Syria, reaffirming support for Assad govt., Jun 21, 2013 )
Bart Hansen , Apr 19, 2019 3:57:48 PM |
The situation in Syria is concerning. Meyssan has a piece on the geopolitics of oil. An
"The attitude of the White House towards Syria is different, insofar as this country is
currently unable to exploit its reserves, and Russia is allowing time to pass. The aim is to
prevent reconstruction and therefore make life impossible for its people. The CIA is
implementing an intense strategy of sabotage against any form of energy supply. The majority
of the population, for example, has no more gas for heating their homes, nor for cooking
War by other means...
Hoarsewhisperer , Apr 18, 2019 4:05:55 AM |
John Bolton was interviewed on PBS Newshour on March 17. Look it up and watch it and ask
yourself "Is this creature sane or rational?"
Trump also hoped the Sisi meeting would re-invigorate his idea of an "Arab NATO", the
proposed Middle East Security Alliance (MESA), raised at the beginning of his Presidency. MESA
would, U.S. planners believed, align the Gulf Arab states -- particularly Saudi Arabia -- with
Jordan and Egypt to strategically balance and oppose Iran. Cairo cannot realistically support
such a position in black and white terms (neither can Qatar or Jordan, at this stage).
Cairo is actually open to improved relations with Iran, particularly because the Egyptian
Government feels less than secure that the current Saudi regime is stable and reliable.
Trump, during the White House meeting, strenuously attempted to support Saudi Arabia and
MbS, but received strong pushback from al-Sisi on that account.
The measure of Egypt's rejection of the U.S. pressure was indicated when al-Sisi,
immediately upon returning to Cairo on April 10, 2019, formally withdrew Egypt from MESA. Egypt
had very deliberately not sent a delegation to the MESA summit in Riyadh on April 8, 2019.
The ongoing belief in the U.S. that Egypt's defenses are existentially dependent on
Washington is something which Cairo cannot comprehend. Washington policy thinking is that Cairo
would obey U.S. diktat because it needed spare parts for U.S.-supplied equipment, or because it
so needed the relatively small contribution offered by the Camp David Accord aid payments.
supermaxedout , 22 minutes ago
WhiteOakQueen , 1 hour ago
The author says very little about Egypts relations with Syria. I remember when the US
agent Morsi tried to push Egypt to fight against Assad. Genral Al Sisi stopped this because
it would have torn also Egypt apart, especially the Army which has very friendly ties with
the Syrian army.
General Al Sisi and President Assad have something very basic in common. Both want to
preserve the culture of their countries which are multi religious, representing the
developments in these areas over thousands of years. AL Sisi was acting swiftly to protect
the Copts which is a christian religion, maybe the true birthplace of christianity. The copts
have deep roots in the old Egyptian religion. In a speech Al Sisi said that the copts are an
essential part of Egypt and that they are the link to Egypts great past.
J S Bach , 1 hour ago
You sure as hell can't say trump isn't trying! He just vetoed the Senate bill to end all
aid to continue the war on Yemen! What did Yemen ever do to us? Not a damn thing! His true
colors are shining more every day. His followers will say it's a trick! It's 4d chess! It's
RoyalDraco , 54 minutes ago
The area around Venezuela is actually now the richest "oil region" in the world.
You know... I often ponder how must simpler and peaceful the world could and SHOULD be
were the ziombie United States not such a belligerent force. Our Founding Fathers would be
outrageously appalled at their descendants to whom they bequeathed responsibility for
maintaining and championing their original philosophy.
J S Bach , 51 minutes ago
The question now is who in the Washington bureaucracy will take the blame for pushing
Trump to insist on actions by al-Sisi which any fundamental analysis of the situation points
to being infeasible and against Egypt's view of its own strategic interests.
i think the question now is whether Trump is such an idiot Zionist that he takes his
orders from Sheldon Adelson Bolt-on, and Pompous. MIGA.
Winston Churchill , 46 minutes ago
Trump is his own MAGA... Massive Arrogant Goy *******.
High Vigilante , 1 hour ago
Already answered,and the ***-whipping when he takes on Iran will be well deserved,no way
win short of using nukes. Iran is far too important to Russia and China for that to be
allowed. Logistics and demographics are not on the US's side, even the Pentagram wants
nothing to do with an actual war with Iran.
skippy dinner , 1 hour ago
Bonobo and Killary fucked up US foreign policy.
RagaMuffin , 1 hour ago
First Law of Politics: Don't piss people off.
Deep Snorkeler , 1 hour ago
"Is The US Losing Influence In The World's Biggest Oil Region?"
Only if you consider the last 40 years of screwing up as success.
No One Can Trust Trump
erratic and dysfunctional, absurd and incongruous,
fantastic and ludicrous - he rules from an immoral crevasse:
he sustains massive corporate profits and upper caste power.
Money quote (from comments): This GOP/Israel connection stinks to high heaven. Anyone who studied or remembers our problem with
Communist spies back in the '50s has got to be hearing alarm bells ringing in their ears. Worries about Soviet spying and Russian meddling
pale in comparison to what's now going on in plain sight with Israel.
"... As usual, Trump made the announcement of recognizing Israel's claim to the Golan Heights without any consultation with any of the relevant administration officials: ..."
"... After more than two years of watching Trump's impulsive and reckless "governing" style, it doesn't come as a surprise to anyone that he makes these decisions without advance warning. There is no evidence that Trump ever thinks anything through, and so he probably sees no reason to tell anyone in advance what he is going to do. ..."
"... Trump almost never bothers consulting with the people who will be responsible for carrying out his policies ..."
"... There is absolutely no upside for the United States in endorsing illegal Israeli claims to the Golan Heights. It is a cynical political stunt intended to boost Netanyahu and Likud's fortunes in the upcoming election, and it is also a cynical stunt aimed at shoring up Trump's support from Republican "pro-Israel" voters and donors. ..."
"... Once again, Trump has put narrow political ambitions and the interests of a foreign government ahead of the interests of the United States. That seems to be the inevitable result of electing a narcissist who conducts foreign policy based on which leaders flatter and praise him. ..."
"... Bolton is usually the culprit responsible any destructive and foolish policy decision over the last year, and his baleful influence continues to grow. We can also see the harmful effects of the administration's Iran obsession at work. In the end, the Syria "withdrawal" hasn't happened and apparently isn't going to, but Trump nonetheless gives Israel whatever it wants in exchange for nothing so that they will be "reassured" of our unthinking support. ..."
"... I wonder what Mr. Kagan has to say now about "authoritarian" regimes?! ..."
"... Trump is making one hell of a mess for the next president to clean up. ..."
"... The decision to leave the INF treaty was taken in a similar way and with a total disregard for the consequences. The leaders of the European NATO countries have shown utter spinelessness in going along with it. ..."
"... I am shocked and horrified by what I've seen under Trump. I am deeply disappointed that so few Republicans (or Democrats, for that matter) have stood up to him on foreign policy, and I will never vote Republican again. This GOP/Israel connection stinks to high heaven. Anyone who studied or remembers our problem with Communist spies back in the '50s has got to be hearing alarm bells ringing in their ears. Worries about Soviet spying and Russian meddling pale in comparison to what's now going on in plain sight with Israel. ..."
"... To be fair, it ain't just Team R that has the sloppy crush on Israel. Team D is just as bad, even if they don't gush quite so publicly. In fact, episodes such as this one are useful in a way, as they make it hard to pretend that this is just a one-off, a misguided decision that we have to go along with to appease a powerful friend. ..."
"... Nevertheless, Israel should be very concerned about Northern Syria. If war breaks out and the US is forced to go to war with its own NATO ally as a result, Israel should prepare to kiss its alliance with the US goodbye. ..."
"... Many (rightfully or not) will blame Israel due to its connections to neoconservatism and Saudi jingoism, and consequently we may end up seeing BOTH parties becoming unfriendly to Israel over the subsequent generation. ..."
"... All of this could be prevented if President Trump would just tell Saudi Arabia to STOP the nonsense. But no. He's too focused on MIC profits. He's not America First. And quite frankly, I'm starting to think Benjamin Netanyahu is not Israel-first either, because if he were he'd be warning Trump about the mess he's going to end up getting America, Israel, and much of Europe and the Middle East into. ..."
As usual, Trump
made the announcement
of recognizing Israel's claim to the Golan Heights without any consultation with any of the relevant administration officials:
President Donald Trump's tweet on Thursday recognizing the Golan Heights as Israeli territory surprised members of his own
Middle East peace team, the State Department, and Israeli officials.
U.S. diplomats and White House aides had believed the Golan Heights issue would be front and center at next week's meetings
between Trump and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House. But they were unprepared for any presidential
announcement this week.
No formal U.S. process or executive committees were initiated to review the policy before Trump's decision, and the diplomats
responsible for implementing the policy were left in the dark.
Even the Israelis, who have advocated for this move for years, were stunned at the timing of Trump's message.
After more than two years of watching Trump's impulsive and reckless "governing" style, it doesn't come as a surprise to anyone
that he makes these decisions without advance warning. There is no evidence that Trump ever thinks anything through, and so he probably
sees no reason to tell anyone in advance what he is going to do.
Trump almost never bothers consulting with the people who will be responsible for carrying out his policies and dealing
with the international fallout, and that is probably why so many of his policy decisions end up being exceptionally poor ones. The
substance of most of Trump's foreign policy decisions was never likely to be good, but the lack of an organized policy process on
major decisions makes those decisions even more haphazard and chaotic than they would otherwise be.
There is absolutely no upside for the United States in endorsing illegal Israeli claims to the Golan Heights. It is a cynical
political stunt intended to boost Netanyahu and Likud's fortunes in the upcoming election, and it is also a cynical stunt aimed at
shoring up Trump's support from Republican "pro-Israel" voters and donors.
Whatever short-term benefit Israel gains from it, the U.S. gains nothing and stands to lose quite a bit in terms of our international
There has been no consideration of the costs and problems this will create for the U.S. in its relations with other regional states
and beyond because Trump couldn't care less about the long-term effects that his decisions have on the country.
Once again, Trump has put narrow political ambitions and the interests of a foreign government ahead of the interests of the
United States. That seems to be the inevitable result of electing a narcissist who conducts foreign policy based on which leaders
flatter and praise him.
Trump's bad decision can be traced back to Bolton's visit to Israel earlier this year:
Administration officials said that National Security Advisor John Bolton was instrumental to the decision, after visiting Israel
in January to assure officials there that the United States would not abandon them in Syria despite Trump's sudden withdrawal
of troops from the battlefield.
Nervous Israeli officials saw an opportunity. "It was an ask," one Israeli source said, "because of the timing -- it suddenly
became a relevant issue about Iran."
Bolton is usually the culprit responsible any destructive and foolish policy decision over the last year, and his baleful
influence continues to grow. We can also see the harmful effects of the administration's Iran obsession at work. In the end, the
Syria "withdrawal" hasn't happened and apparently isn't going to, but Trump nonetheless gives Israel whatever it wants in exchange
for nothing so that they will be "reassured" of our unthinking support.
March 21, 2019
at 10:28 pm
Well, of course Trump puts America last. There is one and only one person he is interested in -- himself. As you say this is his
narcissistic personality at work.
Kouros , ,
March 21, 2019
at 11:39 pm
My never ending question is always, "Why does any Republican with a conscience remain silent? Are they really all this shallow
and self absorbed? Is there nothing Trump does that will finally force them to put country before party and their own ambition?"
It's a really sad state of events that has put this country on the road to ruin.
I wonder what Mr. Kagan has to say now about "authoritarian" regimes?!
Trump 2016 , ,
March 22, 2019
at 1:45 am
Trump is making one hell of a mess for the next president to clean up. Straightening out all this stupidity will take
years. Here's hoping that Trump gets to watch his foreign policy decisions tossed out and reversed from federal prison.
Grumpy Old Man , ,
March 22, 2019
at 3:29 am
He ought to recognize Russia's seizure of Crimea. Why not? Кто кого?
Tony , ,
March 22, 2019
at 8:50 am
The decision to leave the INF treaty was taken in a similar way and with a total disregard for the consequences. The leaders
of the European NATO countries have shown utter spinelessness in going along with it.
Some Perspective , ,
March 22, 2019
at 9:08 am
The administration says that a Russian missile violates the treaty but it will not tell us what the range of the missile is.
Nor will it allow its weapons inspectors to go and look at it.
The reason is clear: Fear that the weapons inspectors' findings would contradict the administration's claims.
I voted Republican ever since I started voting. I voted for Bush I, Dole, Dubya, and McCain. I couldn't vote for either Obama
or Romney, but I voted for Trump because of Hillary Clinton.
Sid Finster , ,
March 22, 2019
at 10:22 am
I am shocked and horrified by what I've seen under Trump. I am deeply disappointed that so few Republicans (or Democrats,
for that matter) have stood up to him on foreign policy, and I will never vote Republican again. This GOP/Israel connection stinks
to high heaven. Anyone who studied or remembers our problem with Communist spies back in the '50s has got to be hearing alarm
bells ringing in their ears. Worries about Soviet spying and Russian meddling pale in comparison to what's now going on in plain
sight with Israel.
We're losing our country. We're losing America.
To be fair, it ain't just Team R that has the sloppy crush on Israel. Team D is just as bad, even if they don't gush quite
so publicly. In fact, episodes such as this one are useful in a way, as they make it hard to pretend that this is just a one-off,
a misguided decision that we have to go along with to appease a powerful friend.
G-Pol , ,
March 22, 2019
at 11:15 am
Europoliticians tell that last one a lot. "We really don't want to but the Americans twisted our arms ZOMG Special Relationship
so sorry ZOMG!" Only with a lot more Eurobureaucratese.
I agree with the article's premise, but not because of this move regarding Israel.
Personally, I believe this move will have little impact on the outcome of the crisis in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia and the
other Arab monarchies are too focused on containing Iran and Turkey to give a crap about what Israel does. The only Arab states
that I can see objecting to this move are Syria (obviously) and the others who were already allied with Iran and/or Turkey to
Right now, the REAL center of attention in the region should be Northern Syria. THAT's where the next major war likely will
begin. In that area, Saudi Arabia and to a lesser extent Turkey and the United Arab Emirates are the ones doing the major escalations,
while Israel has virtually no role at all aside from sideline cheer-leading. And of course, Trump is doing nothing to stop what
could become the next July Crisis. What's "America First" about that?
Nevertheless, Israel should be very concerned about Northern Syria. If war breaks out and the US is forced to go to war
with its own NATO ally as a result, Israel should prepare to kiss its alliance with the US goodbye.
There is no way our international reputation will come out of this war unscathed, and odds are we'll be in a far worse position
diplomatically than we were at any point in our history, even during the Iraq war. When that happens, the American people will
be out to assign blame. Many (rightfully or not) will blame Israel due to its connections to neoconservatism and Saudi jingoism,
and consequently we may end up seeing BOTH parties becoming unfriendly to Israel over the subsequent generation.
All of this could be prevented if President Trump would just tell Saudi Arabia to STOP the nonsense. But no. He's too focused
on MIC profits. He's not America First. And quite frankly, I'm starting to think Benjamin Netanyahu is not Israel-first either,
because if he were he'd be warning Trump about the mess he's going to end up getting America, Israel, and much of Europe and the
Middle East into.
"... The apparent removal of the Team Leader, the exclusion of evidence that the hospital dousing scene was staged, the delay in producing this anonymous report and the refusal to allow a briefing by the FFM team raise concerns that criminal activities – the staging of a chemical attack using the bodies of civilians – have been covered up. In most jurisdictions, the duty to disclose such a cover-up would override the confidentiality agreements that OPCW employees are required to sign. ..."
"... This report discredits OPCW as a source of impartial investigation and undermines it as an international institution that is fit to be entrusted with maintaining the prohibition of chemical weapons, let alone with the remit to "identify the perpetrators of the use of chemical weapons" assigned by a resolution of the Conference of States Parties in June 2018. ..."
Detailed examination of the final report from the OPCW's Fact-Finding Mission on the alleged
chemical attack in Douma on 7 April 2018.
The resultant Briefing Note – by Paul McKeigue,
David Miller, and Piers Robinson – exposes deep flaws in the anonymously authored report.
These discredit OPCW as a source of impartial investigation and undermine it as an international
institution fit to be entrusted with maintaining the prohibition of chemical weapons. Paul
McKeigue, David Miller, Piers RobinsonMembers of Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media
This briefing note reviews the
Report of the OPCW Fact-Finding Mission on the alleged chemical attack in Douma on 7 April
2018, released on 1 March 2019. We focus on the methods and the conduct of the
- The FFM report attributes all relevant observations to a chemical attack, without
considering any competing explanation . The report's handling of evidence raises several
- The report states that new interviews were undertaken with witnesses in October 2018,
six months after the initial interviews had been completed. No explanation is given for
how the witnesses were identified or why these new interviews were undertaken. The report
merges all witness testimony into a single account, without any analysis of gaps and
- The FFM sought assessments in October 2018 from unidentified experts on the
"trajectories" of the gas cylinders assuming they had been dropped from the sky, without
considering alternative routes of delivery such as stairs. No explanation is given for
why, if these assessments were necessary, they were not obtained in April 2018 when the
experts could have inspected the sites.
- The report excludes media files without timestamp metadata, but includes files with
timestamps that are incorrect. A serious analysis of this material would have combined
all available evidence to infer the timing and sequence of images with or without
- The FFM declined to proceed with exhumations which might have allowed victims to be
- Key observations that favour a managed massacre over a chemical attack are ignored, or
evaluated without considering any alternative explanation to a chemical attack:
- The report is written to make it appear as if the witnesses who reported that the
hospital dousing scene had been staged were never formally interviewed by the FFM,
downgrading their testimony to "other open-source video material".
- The report ignores the visual evidence that the fire in the room below the cylinder
at Location 2 had been lit before the cylinder had discharged its contents.
- The report attributes the visual evidence that the victims at Location 2 had made no
attempt to escape to "an agent capable of quickly killing or immobilising", without
considering the possibility that the victims had been killed elsewhere.
- The report records, without explanation, that the Team Leader was "redeployed for
information-gathering activities from all other available sources" three days after arriving
in Damascus. This decision could have been taken only by the Director-General.
- OPCW's conduct of the investigation of this alleged chemical attack violates rules laid
down in the Chemical Weapons Convention , which do not empower the Director-General to
interfere with the investigation once the inspectors have been dispatched, and stipulate that
the final report must be produced within 30 days of the inspection team's return to
- From the contrast between the shortcomings of this anonymous report, and the
professionalism of a report on another investigation by the Fact-Finding Mission that was
signed by the Team Leader Kalman Kallo and released in July 2018, it is reasonable to infer
that Kallo did not write this Final Report. A proposal that all members of the FFM team
should give a briefing on the Final Report was voted down by the OPCW Executive Council on 14
- The apparent removal of the Team Leader, the exclusion of evidence that the hospital
dousing scene was staged, the delay in producing this anonymous report and the refusal to
allow a briefing by the FFM team raise concerns that criminal activities – the staging
of a chemical attack using the bodies of civilians – have been covered up. In most
jurisdictions, the duty to disclose such a cover-up would override the confidentiality
agreements that OPCW employees are required to sign.
- This report discredits OPCW as a source of impartial investigation and undermines it as
an international institution that is fit to be entrusted with maintaining the prohibition of
chemical weapons, let alone with the remit to "identify the perpetrators of the use of
chemical weapons" assigned by a resolution of the Conference of States Parties in June
Read the full report
The fact that Glenn Greenwald proved to be a despicable pressitute cast a long shadow of
Snowden and Assange.
"... Not mentioned by any of the major news media is the fact that Bellingcat is funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (sic), renowned for its interference in foreign elections, funding terrorists and overthrowing governments the US doesn't approve of. ..."
27, 2018 September 27, 2018 27 September 2018 -- Investigating Imperialism
I smell a rat!
A quick comment about the two Russian alleged assassins, exposed, we are told by the
'investigative' Website, Bellingcat. Not mentioned by any of the major news media is the fact
that Bellingcat is funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (sic), renowned for its
interference in foreign elections, funding terrorists and overthrowing governments the US
doesn't approve of.
Media Lens picked up on this awhile back in reference to another Western financed
outfit, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), funded by the UK Foreign Office. I've
also expanded this by quoting from Media Lens' other article that deals with Western-funded
disinfo, ' Douma: Part 1
– Deception In Plain Sight':
Liberal corporate journalists and politicians have been impressed by the fact that SOHR
and White Helmets claims have been supported by ostensibly forensic analysis supplied by the
Bellingcat website, which publishes 'citizen journalist' investigations. As we noted
in a recent alert, Bellingcat is funded by the National
Endowment for Democracy (NED), which is funded by the US government and is 'a notorious
vehicle for US soft power'. – '
The Syrian Observatory – Funded By The Foreign Office ', Media Lens, June 4
It's worth quoting more of the Media Lens article as it exposes the nature of Western
so-called lefties and their attachment to Western (funded) propaganda outfits:
In the New Statesman, Paul Mason
offered a typically nonsensical argument, linking to the anti-Assad website,
'Despite the availability of public sources showing it is likely that a regime Mi-8
helicopter dropped a gas container onto a specific building, there are well-meaning people
prepared to share the opinion that this was a "false flag", staged by jihadis, to pull the
West into the war. The fact that so many people are prepared to clutch at false flag theories
is, for Western democracies, a sign of how effective Vladimir Putin's global strategy has
Thus, echoing Freedland's reference to 'denialists and conspiracists', sceptics can only
be idiot victims of Putin's propaganda. US media analyst Adam Johnson of FAIR accurately
described Mason's piece as a 'mess', adding :
'I love this thing where nominal leftists run the propaganda ball for bombing a country 99
yards then stop at the one yard and insist they don't support scoring goals, that they in
fact oppose war.'
Surprisingly, the Bellingcat website, which publishes the findings of 'citizen journalist'
investigations, appears to be taken seriously by some very high-profile progressives.
In the Independent, Green Party leader Caroline Lucas also
mentioned the Syrian army 'Mi-8' helicopters. Why? Because she had read the same
Bellingcat blog as Mason, to which she linked:
'From the evidence we've seen so far it appears that the latest chemical attack was likely
by Mi-8 helicopters, probably from the forces of Syria's murderous President Assad.'
On Democracy Now!, journalist Glenn Greenwald said of
'I think that it's -- the evidence is quite overwhelming that the perpetrators of this
chemical weapons attack, as well as previous ones, is the Assad government '
This was an astonishing comment. After receiving fierce challenges (not from us),
Greenwald partially retracted, tweeting :
'It's live TV. Something [sic – sometimes] you say things less than ideally. I think
the most likely perpetrator of this attack is Syrian Govt.'
We wrote to Greenwald asking what had persuaded him of Assad's 'likely' responsibility for
Douma. (Twitter, April 10, direct message)
The first piece of evidence he sent us (April 12) was the Bellingcat blog mentioning
Syrian government helicopters cited by Mason and Lucas. Greenwald also sent us a
report from Reuters, as well as a
piece from 2017, obviously prior to the alleged Douma event.
This was thin evidence indeed for the claim made. In our discussion with him, Greenwald
then completely retracted his claim (Twitter, April 12, direct message) that there was
evidence of Syrian government involvement in the alleged attack. [My emph. WB] – '
1 – Deception In Plain Sight'
"... On June 12, 2018 The Washington Post ran an overlooked story where they disclosed that National Security Advisor John Bolton had accepted money from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation, Deutsche Bank and HSBC to return for his participation in speeches and panel discussions ..."
"... John Bolton accepted $115,000 from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation to speak at multiple events hosted by the Foundation including one in September 2017 where Bolton assured his audience that President Donald Trump would not radically change US foreign policy despite his explicit campaign promises to do so. ..."
"... More broadly, John Bolton's work for the Victor Pinchuk Foundation, HSBC and Deutsche Bank shows that while he preaches hardline foreign policy approaches towards nations such as Iran and North Korea he has no issue tying himself to those who openly flaunt American sanctions and diplomatic attempts to pressure these states. For an individual who is the President's National Security Advisor to have taken money from banks who provide financial services to terror groups who have murdered thousands of Americans is totally unacceptable. ..."
On June 12, 2018 The Washington Post ran an overlooked story where they
disclosed that National Security Advisor John Bolton had accepted money from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation, Deutsche Bank and HSBC
to return for his participation in speeches and panel discussions. These three entities have been linked to various kinds of corruption
including sanctions evasion for Iran, money laundering on behalf of drug cartels, provision of banking services to backers of Islamic
terror organizations and controversial donations to the Clinton Foundation.
The financial ties between Bolton and these institutions highlight serious ethical concerns about his suitability for the position
of National Security Advisor.
I. Victor Pinchuk Foundation
John Bolton accepted $115,000 from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation to speak at multiple events hosted by the Foundation including
one in September 2017 where Bolton assured his audience that President Donald Trump would not radically change US foreign policy
despite his explicit campaign promises to do so.
The Victor Pinchuk Foundation was blasted in 2016 over their donation of $10 to $25 million to the
Clinton Foundation between 1994 and 2005. The donations lead to accusations
of influence peddling after it emerged that Victor Pinchuk had been invited
to Hillary Clinton's home during the final year of her tenure as Secretary of State.
Even more damning was Victor Pinchuk's participation in activities that constituted evasions of sanctions levied against Iran
by the American government. A 2015 exposé by Newsweek highlighted the fact
that Pinchuk owned Interpipe Group, a Cyprus-incorporated manufacturer of seamless pipes used in oil and gas sectors. A now-removed
statement on Interpipe's website showed that they
were doing business in Iran despite US sanctions aimed to prevent this kind of activity.
Why John Bolton, a notorious war hawk who has called for a hardline approach to Iran, would take money from an entity who was
evading sanctions against the country is not clear. It does however, raise serious questions about whether or not Bolton should
be employed by Donald Trump, who made attacks on the Clinton Foundation's questionable donations a cornerstone of his 2016 campaign.
II. HSBC Group
British bank HSBC paid Bolton $46,500 in June and August 2017 to speak at two gatherings of hedge fund managers and investors.
HSBC is notorious for its extensive ties to criminal and terror organizations for whom it has provided illegal financial services.
Clients that HSBC have laundered money for include Colombian drug traffickers
and Mexican cartels who have terrorized the country and recently
raised murder rates to the highest levels in Mexico's history . They have
also offered banking services to Chinese individuals
who sourced chemicals and other materials used by cartels to produce methamphetamine and heroin that is then sold in the United
States. China's Triads have helped open financial markets in Asia to cartels
seeking to launder their profits derived from the drug trade.
In 2012, HSBC was blasted by the US Senate for for allowing money from
Russian and Latin American criminal networks as well as Middle Eastern terror groups to enter the US. The banking group ultimately
agreed to pay a $1.9 billion fine for this misconduct as well as their involvement
in processing sanctions-prohibited transactions on behalf of Iran, Libya, Sudan and Burma.
Some of the terror groups assisted by HSBC include the notorious Al Qaeda. During the 2012 scrutiny of HSBC, outlets such as
Le Monde , Business Insider
and the New York Times revealed that HSBC had maintained ties to Saudi
Arabia's Al Rajhi Bank. Al Rajhi Bank was one of Osama Bin Ladin's "Golden Chain" of Al Qaeda's most important financiers. Even
though HSBC's own internal compliance offices asked for the bank to terminate their relationship with Al Rajhi Bank, it continued
More recently in 2018, reports have claimed that HSBC was used for illicit
transactions between Iran and Chinese technology conglomerate Huawei. The US is currently seeking to extradite Huawei CFO Meng
Wanzhou after bringing charges against Huawei related to sanctions evasion
and theft of intellectual property. The company has been described as a "backdoor" for elements of the Chinese government by certain
Bolton's decision to accept money from HSBC given their well-known reputation is deeply hypocritical. HSBC's connection to
terror organizations such as Al Qaeda in particular is damning for Bolton due to the fact that he formerly served as the chairman
of the Gatestone Institute , a New York-based advocacy group that purports
to oppose terrorism. These financial ties are absolutely improper for an individual acting as National Security Advisor.
III. Deutsche Bank
John Bolton accepted $72,000 from German Deutsche Bank to speak at an event in May 2017.
Deutsche Bank has for decades engaged in questionable behavior. During World War II, they
provided financial services to the Nazi Gestapo and financed construction
of the infamous Auschwitz as well as an adjacent plant for chemical company IG Farben.
Like HSBC, Deutsche Bank has provided illicit services to international criminal organizations. In 2014
court filings showed that Deutsche Bank, Citi and Bank of America had all
acted as channels for drug money sent to Colombian security currency brokerages suspected of acting on behalf of traffickers.
In 2017, Deutsche Bank agreed to pay a $630 million fine after working with
a Danish bank in Estonia to launder over $10 billion through London and
Moscow on behalf of Russian entities. The UK's financial regulatory watchdog
has said that Deutsche Bank is failing to prevent its accounts from being used to launder money, circumvent sanctions and
finance terrorism. In November 2018, Deutsche Bank's headquarters was raided
by German authorities as part of an investigation sparked by 2016 revelations in the "Panama Papers" leak from Panama's Mossack
Two weeks after the 9/11 terror attacks, the Bush administration signed
an executive order linking a company owned by German national Mamoun Darkazanli to Al Qaeda. In 1995,
Darkazanli co-signed the opening of a Deutsche Bank account for Mamdouh
Mahmud Salim. Salim was identified by the CIA as the chief of bin Laden's computer operations and weapons procurement. He was
ultimately arrested in Munich, extradited to the United States and
with participation in the 1998 US embassy bombings.
In 2017, the Office of the New York State Comptroller opened an investigation into accounts that Deutsche Bank was operating
on behalf of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The PFLP is defined by both the United States and the European
Union as a terrorist organization. It is ironic that Bolton, who is a past recipient of the "Guardian of Zion Award" would accept
money from an entity who provided services to Palestinian groups that Israel considers to be terror related.
IV. Clinton-esque Financial Ties Unbecoming To Trump Administration
Bolton's engagement in paid speeches, in some cases with well-known donors to the Clinton Foundation, paints the Trump administration
in a very bad light. Donald Trump criticized Hillary Clinton during his
2016 Presidential campaign for speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs that were
labeled by her detractors as "pay to play" behavior. John Bolton's acceptance of money from similar entities, especially the Victor
Pinchuk Foundation, are exactly the same kind of activity and are an embarrassment for a President who claims to be against corruption.
More broadly, John Bolton's work for the Victor Pinchuk Foundation, HSBC and Deutsche Bank shows that while he preaches
hardline foreign policy approaches towards nations such as Iran and North Korea he has no issue tying himself to those who openly
flaunt American sanctions and diplomatic attempts to pressure these states. For an individual who is the President's National
Security Advisor to have taken money from banks who provide financial services to terror groups who have murdered thousands of
Americans is totally unacceptable.
It is embarrassing enough that Donald Trump hired Bolton in the first place. The next best remedy is to let him go as soon
"... "You do not have the permission of Congress to go to war with Iran," Paul responded, while chiding Pompeo for trying to deflect the question. "Only Congress can declare war." ..."
Sen. Rand Paul on Wednesday warned the Trump administration not to go to war with Iran, at
least not without getting permission from Congress.
The libertarian-leaning Kentucky Republican spoke directly to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
during a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
He asked Pompeo if the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force, which allowed for U.S.
troops to fight entities responsible for the 9/11 attacks and associated forces, included
Pompeo declined to directly answer the question, saying he'd defer to lawyers, but stated
that there is "no doubt there's a connection" between the Iranian government and al-Qaeda, the
terrorist group behind the 2001 attacks.
"You do not have the permission of Congress to go to war with Iran," Paul responded, while
chiding Pompeo for trying to deflect the question. "Only Congress can declare war."
Pompeo was testifying before the Republican-controlled committee, a session that came the
same week President Donald Trump designated Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a
terrorist organization, prompting concerns about future clashes between the U.S. and
"... The destruction of Syria and Libya created massive refugee flows which have proved that the European Union was totally unprepared to deal with such a major issue. On top of that, the latest years, we have witnessed a rapid rise of various terrorist attacks in Western soil, also as a result of the devastating wars in Syria and Libya. ..."
"... Whenever they wanted to blame someone for some serious terrorist attacks, they had a scapegoat ready for them, even if they had evidence that Libya was not behind these attacks. When Gaddafi falsely admitted that he had weapons of mass destruction in order to gain some relief from the Western sanctions, they presented him as a responsible leader who, was ready to cooperate. Of course, his last role was to play again the 'bad guy' who had to be removed. ..."
"... Despite the rise of Donald Trump in power, the neoliberal forces will push further for the expansion of the neoliberal doctrine in the rival field of the Sino-Russian alliance. ..."
"... We see, however, that the Western alliances are entering a period of severe crisis. The US has failed to control the situation in Middle East and Libya. The ruthless neo-colonialists will not hesitate to confront Russia and China directly, if they see that they continue to lose control in the global geopolitical arena. The accumulation of military presence of NATO next to the Russian borders, as well as, the accumulation of military presence of the US in Asia-Pacific, show that this is an undeniable fact. ..."
The start of current decade revealed the most ruthless face of a global neo-colonialism. From Syria and Libya to Europe and Latin
America, the old colonial powers of the West tried to rebound against an oncoming rival bloc led by Russia and China, which starts
to threaten their global domination.
Inside a multi-polar, complex terrain of geopolitical games, the big players start to abandon the old-fashioned, inefficient direct
wars. They use today other, various methods like
wars , economic wars, financial and constitutional coups, provocative operations, 'color revolutions', etc. In this highly
complex and unstable situation, when even traditional allies turn against each other as the global balances change rapidly, the forces
unleashed are absolutely destructive. Inevitably, the results are more than evident.
Proxy Wars - Syria/Libya
After the US invasion in Iraq, the gates of hell had opened in the Middle East. Obama continued the Bush legacy of US endless
interventions, but he had to change tactics because a direct war would be inefficient, costly and extremely unpopular to the American
people and the rest of the world.
The result, however, appeared to be equally (if not more) devastating with the failed US invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan. The US
had lost total control of the armed groups directly linked with the ISIS terrorists, failed to topple Assad, and, moreover, instead
of eliminating the Russian and Iranian influence in the region, actually managed to increase it. As a result, the US and its allies
failed to secure their geopolitical interests around the various pipeline games.
In addition, the US sees Turkey, one of its most important ally, changing direction dangerously, away from the Western bloc. Probably
the strongest indication for this, is that Turkey, Iran and Russia decided very recently to proceed in an agreement on Syria without
the presence of the US.
Yet, the list of US failures does not end here. The destruction of Syria and Libya created massive refugee flows which have
proved that the European Union was totally unprepared to deal with such a major issue. On top of that, the latest years, we have
witnessed a rapid rise of various terrorist attacks in Western soil, also as a result of the devastating wars in Syria and Libya.
WikiLeaks has shown that the old colonial powers have started a new round of ruthless competition on Libya's resources.
The usual story propagated by the Western media, about another tyrant who had to be removed, has now completely collapsed. They don't
care neither to topple an 'authoritarian' regime, nor to spread Democracy. All they care about is to secure each country's resources
for their big companies.
The Gaddafi case is quite interesting because it shows that
hypocrites were using him according to their interests .
Whenever they wanted to blame someone for some serious terrorist attacks, they had a scapegoat ready for them, even if they
had evidence that Libya was not behind these attacks. When Gaddafi falsely admitted that he had weapons of mass destruction in order
to gain some relief from the Western sanctions, they presented him as a responsible leader who, was ready to cooperate. Of course,
his last role was to play again the 'bad guy' who had to be removed.
Economic Wars, Financial Coups – Greece/Eurozone
It would be unthinkable for the neo-colonialists to conduct proxy wars inside European soil, especially against countries which
belong to Western institutions like NATO, EU, eurozone, etc. The wave of the US-made major economic crisis hit Greece and Europe
at the start of the decade, almost simultaneously with the eruption of the Arab Spring revolutionary wave and the subsequent disaster
in Middle East and Libya.
Greece was the easy victim for the global neoliberal dictatorship to impose catastrophic measures in favor of the plutocracy.
The Greek experiment enters its seventh year and the plan is to be used as a model for the whole eurozone. Greece has become also
the model for the looting of public property, as happened in the past with the East Germany and the
after the fall of the Berlin Wall.
While Greece was the major victim of an economic war, Germany used its economic power and control of the European Central Bank
to impose unprecedented austerity, sado-monetarism and neoliberal destruction through silent financial coups in
Cyprus . The Greek political establishment collapsed with the rise of SYRIZA in power, and the ECB was forced to proceed
in an open financial coup against
Greece when the current PM, Alexis Tsipras, decided to conduct a referendum on the catastrophic measures imposed by the ECB, IMF
and the European Commission, through which the Greek people clearly rejected these measures, despite the propaganda of terror inside
and outside Greece. Due to the direct threat from Mario Draghi and the ECB, who actually threatened to cut liquidity sinking Greece
into a financial chaos, Tsipras finally forced to retreat, signing another catastrophic memorandum.
Through similar financial and political pressure, the Brussels bureaufascists and the German sado-monetarists along with the IMF
economic hitmen, imposed neoliberal disaster to other eurozone countries like Portugal, Spain etc. It is remarkable that even the
second eurozone economy, France,
impose anti-labor measures midst terrorist attacks, succumbing to a - pre-designed by the elites - neo-Feudalism, under
the 'Socialist' François Hollande, despite the intense protests in many French cities.
Germany would never let the United States to lead the neo-colonization in Europe, as it tries (again) to become a major power
with its own sphere of influence, expanding throughout eurozone and beyond. As the situation in Europe becomes more and more critical
with the ongoing economic and refugee crisis and the rise of the Far-Right and the nationalists, the economic war mostly between
the US and the German big capital, creates an even more complicated situation.
The decline of the US-German relations has been exposed initially with the
scandal , yet, progressively, the big picture came on surface, revealing a
economic war between banking and corporate giants. In times of huge multilevel crises, the big capital always intensifies
its efforts to eliminate competitors too. As a consequence, the US has seen another key ally, Germany, trying to gain a certain degree
of independence in order to form its own agenda, separate from the US interests.
Note that, both Germany and Turkey are medium powers that, historically, always trying to expand and create their own spheres
of influence, seeking independence from the traditional big powers.
Economic Wars, Constitutional Coups, Provocative Operations – Argentina/Brazil/Venezuela
A wave of neoliberal onslaught shakes currently Latin America. While in Argentina, Mauricio Macri allegedly took the power normally,
coup against Dilma Rousseff in Brazil, as well as, the
of the Right opposition in Venezuela against Nicolás Maduro with the help of the US finger, are far more obvious.
The special weight of these three countries in Latin America is extremely important for the US imperialism to regain ground in the
global geopolitical arena. Especially the last ten to fifteen years, each of them developed increasingly autonomous policies away
from the US close custody, under Leftist governments, and this was something that alarmed the US imperialism components.
Brazil appears to be the most important among the three, not only due to its size, but also as a member of the BRICS, the team
of fast growing economies who threaten the US and generally the Western global dominance. The constitutional coup against Rousseff
was rather a sloppy action and reveals the anxiety of the US establishment to regain control through puppet regimes. This is a well-known
situation from the past through which the establishment attempts to secure absolute dominance in the US backyard.
The importance of Venezuela due to its oil reserves is also significant. When Maduro tried to approach Russia in order to strengthen
the economic cooperation between the two countries, he must had set the alarm for the neocons in the US. Venezuela could find an
alternative in Russia and BRICS, in order to breathe from the multiple economic war that was set off by the US. It is characteristic
that the economic war against Russia by the US and the Saudis, by keeping the oil prices in historically low levels, had significant
impact on the Venezuelan economy too. It is also known that the US organizations are funding the opposition since Chávez era, in
order to proceed in provocative operations that could overthrow the Leftist governments.
The case of Venezuela is really interesting. The US imperialists were fiercely trying to overthrow the Leftist governments since
Chávez administration. They found now a weaker president, Nicolás Maduro - who certainly does not have the strength and personality
of Hugo Chávez - to achieve their goal.
The Western media mouthpieces are doing their job, which is propaganda as usual. The recipe is known. You present the half truth,
with a big overdose of exaggeration.
parrots are demonizing Socialism , but they won't ever tell you about the money that the US is spending, feeding the
Right-Wing groups and opposition to proceed in provocative operations, in order to create instability. They won't tell you about
the financial war conducted through the oil prices, manipulated by the Saudis, the close US ally.
Regarding Argentina, former president, Cristina Kirchner, had also made some important moves towards the stronger cooperation
with Russia, which was something unacceptable for Washington's hawks. Not only for geopolitical reasons, but also because Argentina
could escape from the vulture funds that sucking its blood since its default. This would give the country an alternative to the neoliberal
monopoly of destruction. The US big banks and corporations would never accept such a perspective because the debt-enslaved Argentina
is a golden opportunity for a new round of huge profits. It's
now in eurozone's debt colony, Greece.
'Color Revolutions' - Ukraine
The events in Ukraine have shown that, the big capital has no hesitation to ally even with the neo-nazis, in order to impose the
new world order. This is not something new of course. The connection of Hitler with the German economic oligarchs, but also with
other major Western companies, before and during the WWII, is well known.
The most terrifying of all however, is not that the West has silenced in front of the decrees of the new Ukrainian leadership,
through which is targeting the minorities, but the fact that the West allied with the neo-nazis, while according to some information
has also funded their actions as well as other extreme nationalist groups during the riots in Kiev.
Plenty of indications show that US organizations have 'put their finger' on Ukraine. A
video , for
example, concerning the situation in Ukraine has been directed by Ben Moses (creator of the movie "Good Morning, Vietnam"), who is
connected with American government executives and organizations like National Endowment for Democracy, funded by the US Congress.
This video shows a beautiful young female Ukrainian who characterizes the government of the country as "dictatorship" and praise
some protesters with the neo-nazi symbols of the fascist Ukranian party Svoboda on them.
The same organizations are behind 'color revolutions' elsewhere, as well as, provocative operations against Leftist governments
in Venezuela and other countries.
Ukraine is the perfect place to provoke Putin and tight the noose around Russia. Of course the huge hypocrisy of the West can
also be identified in the case of Crimea. While in other cases, the Western officials were 'screaming' for the right of self-determination
(like Kosovo, for example), after they destroyed Yugoslavia in a bloodbath, they can't recognize the will of the majority of Crimeans
to join Russia.
The war will become wilder
The Western neo-colonial powers are trying to counterattack against the geopolitical upgrade of Russia and the Chinese economic
Despite the rise of Donald Trump in power, the neoliberal forces will push further for the expansion of the neoliberal doctrine in
the rival field of the Sino-Russian alliance. Besides, Trump has already shown his hostile feelings against China, despite his friendly
approach to Russia and Putin.
We see, however, that the Western alliances are entering a period of severe crisis. The US has failed to control the
situation in Middle East and Libya. The ruthless neo-colonialists will not hesitate to confront Russia and China directly, if
they see that they continue to lose control in the global geopolitical arena. The accumulation of military presence of NATO next
to the Russian borders, as well as, the accumulation of military presence of the US in Asia-Pacific, show that this is an
"... Trump is turning all of Israel’s “asks” into American foreign policy now, doing things that presidents of both parties rejected or refused to do, in some cases because they put the security of the United States at risk. ..."
"... Another pre-election gift for Netanyahu? The timing is about right, and the former general who’s running against him seems to have traction with the voters. ..."
"... It will be interesting to see if any countries actually do respond by declaring the US armed forces a terrorist organization. Based on support of the Saudi-UAE war crimes in Yemen, it would be a truthful declaration, assuming that by terrorism you mean its original definition: acts of mass violence committed against innocent civilians with the intent of intimidating them or a government. ..."
"... The Israelis and the Saudis want a war between the US and Iran. It appears that Trump must obey them. Yes, what happened to “America First?” ..."
"... That the Trump administration has been looking for an excuse to attack Iran is obvious to anyone not a Kool Aid guzzling cultist. ..."
"... No comprehension that diplomatic agreements can lead to reduced hostility, which in turn can reduce the likelihood of war. ..."
"... It’s no wonder that Trump is able to bamboozle these idiots so easily and endlessly. They’re all a pack of saps who want to be played for fools. It’d be delightful entertainment, except that they’re dragging the decent into the gutter with them. ..."
Trump administration is reportedly
going ahead with its terrible
designating the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) a terrorist group:
The Trump administration is preparing to designate Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard
Corps as a foreign terrorist organization, U.S. officials said, a step that would vastly
escalate the American pressure campaign against Tehran but which has divided U.S.
The decision, which could be announced as early as Monday, would mark the first time that
an element of a foreign state has been officially designated as a terrorist entity.
Designating the IRGC as a terrorist group is a bad idea that has been kicking around for
more than a decade, and previous administrations correctly chose not to do this because it is a
very dangerous move that will achieve very little. Pentagon officials have been against it
because they are understandably worried that this could expose U.S. forces to retribution. It
is possible that it could encourage some governments to designate our soldiers as terrorists as
well. Labeling part of another state's military terrorists is what you do if you are looking to
provoke an attack or launch an attack on that state.
At the very least, the designation will ratchet up tensions and put U.S. forces in Syria,
Iraq, and Afghanistan at greater risk. At worst, it will serve as the pretext for military
action against Iran and its proxies. The Trump administration's Iran policy is about to
escalate significantly without any debate here at home, and the hard-liners pushing for this
decision are doing everything they can to spark conflict with Iran and the armed groups that it
supports. The administration's Iran obsession is becoming even more dangerous, and the malign
influence of Bolton and Pompeo on our foreign policy keeps making things worse.
Update: An Iranian official has
said that Iran will likewise designate the U.S. military if the U.S. labels the IRGC as
April 5, 2019 at 6:26 pm
Washington is far too modest.
Surely the designation is more richly deserved by those who destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq,
Libya and Syria and are currently putting the finishing touches to the obliteration of
Yemen.foreign affairs , says:
April 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Who Knows , says:
April 5, 2019 at 7:53 pm
Trump is turning all of Israel’s “asks” into American foreign policy now,
doing things that presidents of both parties rejected or refused to do, in some cases because
they put the security of the United States at risk.
Yet all Trump seems to do in foreign policy is whatever Israel wants. What happened to
It’s like the regular Americans in our government have disappeared, replaced by
people who are working for another country. Where did they go?
Another pre-election gift for Netanyahu? The timing is about right, and the former general
who’s running against him seems to have traction with the voters.
Gene Smolko , says:
April 5, 2019 at 8:11 pm
Regime change is the goal. It’s why you never hear them offer an alternative to the Iran deal. They hate it
because they really want the regime gone.Clyde Schechter , says:
April 5, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Clearly another step down the road towards war with Iran.
Kouros , says:
April 5, 2019 at 9:43 pm
It will be interesting to see if any countries actually do respond by declaring the US
armed forces a terrorist organization. Based on support of the Saudi-UAE war crimes in Yemen,
it would be a truthful declaration, assuming that by terrorism you mean its original
definition: acts of mass violence committed against innocent civilians with the intent of
intimidating them or a government.
War presidents get reelected… A nice war with Iran, in which the situation presented to the US public and the world will
look like Iran attacked US, probably those troops stationed illegally in Syria.Uncle Billy , says:
April 6, 2019 at 11:00 am
Will NATO be dragged into it? Probably UK will join, and maybe even France, but there will
be a lot of lawyers squabbling at UN due to the illegal presence of US in Syria.
The Israelis and the Saudis want a war between the US and Iran. It appears that Trump must
obey them. Yes, what happened to “America First?”
Do Your Job, Trump , says:
April 6, 2019 at 11:30 am
Trump needs to stop worrying about Iran. He needs to stop doing favors for Israel. He needs
instead to focus on the main job we hired him to do, which is to fix the border and deport
rayray , says:
April 6, 2019 at 11:43 am
@Do Your Job, Trumpliberal , says:
April 6, 2019 at 3:06 pm
I completely disagree with Trump’s ideas on “fixing the border” and
“deporting the illegals” which seem ineffective, wasteful, toxically ignorant
(which is par for the course for Trump), and lacking humanity.
But I do agree that that is what Trump’s voters really wanted from him. Trump was
elected on American fear, American ignorance, and American animus. But that same fear and
animus which animates the “base” also works through white evangelical voters who
have been sold Israel as some sort of eschatalogical lodestone. So Trump is entirely
consistent with his major goal which is not “America First” (which he has no real
understanding of or affection for) but is keeping himself in office.
Anyone who talks about what Trump stood for during the election needs to remember him
speaking against the JCPOA during the campaign. If you don’t like it, you weren’t
paying attention then.
Groverton , says:
April 6, 2019 at 4:57 pm
he's outta here , says:
April 6, 2019 at 6:24 pm
“Anyone who talks about what Trump stood for during the election needs
to remember him speaking against the JCPOA during the campaign. If you don’t like it,
you weren’t paying attention then.”
I heard him talk against the JCPOA. That was fine with me. Go ahead. Tear up the Iran
deal. We want no part of it. We shouldn’t be involved over there at all.
I never heard him say he would start a war with Iran, or that he would designate the
Iranian military a terrorist organization. I didn’t hear that because he never said it.
If he’s saying it now, that’s new, and it’s not what I voted for. If he had
run on a “I’ll start a war with Iran” platform he would have lost.
Sid Finster , says:
April 6, 2019 at 7:50 pm
” So Trump is entirely consistent with his major goal which is not “America
First” (which he has no real understanding of or affection for) but is keeping himself
No. If the idea were to keep himself in office he would have built the wall, stopped
immigration, ended the “foreign worker visa” programs, and deported the
Instead he’s doing stuff for Israel like the stupid Iran military = terrorism bs.
And he continues to do stuff for Wall Street like this:
He obviously wants to lose in 2020, but in the meantime he’s doing as many favors as
possible for rich Israel and Wall Street donors. After all, those donors will still be
helping out him, his kids, and his cronies long after his presidency has become a bad
That the Trump administration has been looking for an excuse to attack Iran is obvious to
anyone not a Kool Aid guzzling cultist.
rayray , says:
April 6, 2019 at 11:18 pm
@Grovertonbore hole , says:
April 7, 2019 at 8:53 am
I know I’m pointing out the obvious but the whole point of the JPCOA was to create a
situation where we would NOT go to war with Iran. It was a canny and far sighted diplomatic
move designed to keep us OUT of being involved in Iran.
So, to follow the logic here – why would Trump tear up the JPCOA?
Trump is focused on the wrong problem.
Here is the problem, Donnie: https://www.apnews.com/aabc13ab07604b39b09710f08bc42a4fgnt , says:
April 7, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Now drop the Iran **** and get to work.
“I heard him talk against the JCPOA. That was fine with me. Go ahead. Tear up the Iran
deal. We want no part of it. We shouldn’t be involved over there at all.”
liberal , says:
April 7, 2019 at 2:10 pm
Tearing up the JCPOA meant not fulfilling our obligation to end the sanctions we had
imposed on Iran, with the consequence that we are continuing to carry out economic warfare on
Iran. If you wanted us not to be involved in the Mideast, you should have supported the
JCPOA, because it was a huge step to normalizing our dealings with Iran.
You did not understand the consequences of his promises because you chose not to
understand the consequences of his promises. It is galling to listen to Trump voters who are
surprised that he is behaving as president exactly in the way he said he would behave as
liberal , says:
April 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm
I heard him talk against the JCPOA. That was fine with me. Go ahead. Tear up the Iran
deal. We want no part of it. We shouldn’t be involved over there at all.
This very blog routinely has photos of him behind a podium with the web address
endtheirandeal.com emblazoned on front. If you go to that site (the site has
moved, but you can find the new location using
archive.org , it’s clear
that the people behind that address were against the JCPOA because they’re in favor of
taking an aggressive stance against Iran. Whether that entails war with Iran is unclear, but
that’s usually the case with hawkish pronouncements of any kind.
bore hole wrote,
sglover , says:
April 7, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Here is the problem, Donnie:
If you really think there’s too much immigration, there’s a simple and cheap
way to solve it: throw people who employ illegal immigrants in jail for a minimum of a year
(after having convicted them of a crime which is made a felony), and charge them $100K for
each illegal immigrant they employ. Problem solved.
I heard him talk against the JCPOA. That was fine with me. Go ahead. Tear up the Iran
deal. We want no part of it. We shouldn’t be involved over there at all.
I never heard him say he would start a war with Iran, or that he would designate the
Iranian military a terrorist organization. I didn’t hear that because he never said it.
If he’s saying it now, that’s new, and it’s not what I voted for. If he had
run on a “I’ll start a war with Iran” platform he would have lost.
Thanks for the lab-grade specimen of Trump cult “thinking” at its best. No
comprehension that diplomatic agreements can lead to reduced hostility, which in turn can
reduce the likelihood of war.
Nope, far more satisfying to imagine that if the Maximum Leader only shouts louder
, good things will inevitably follow.
It’s no wonder that Trump is able to bamboozle these idiots so easily and endlessly.
They’re all a pack of saps who want to be played for fools. It’d be
delightful entertainment, except that they’re dragging the decent into the gutter with
Turkey vs Ukraine.
"... Well, since 2002, people made a lot about the neo-cons being heavily influenced by Leo Strauss. I think this is only part of it. These people seem to me to be just as heavily influenced by George Berekeley: things don't really exist, there's no causation, therefore there's no consequences to one's own actions. ..."
"... "Corruption cannot lead to prosperity." Nor can it field a competent military with functional weapon systems. ..."
"... The comments at the end about how Turkey can maintain good relations with NATO and at the same time develop cooperation with Russia is clearly nonsense. NATO whole reason for existence now is as an anti-Russia military alliance. Pence is absolutely right about that ... you cannot be a member of NATO and develop close cooperation with Russia. ..."
karlof1 , Apr 4, 2019 2:06:15 PM |
Tweeting direct from NATO
meeting provides inside details not found in press articles, particularly the NATO
talking-point ending. IMO, the tweeter Mehta was right to highlight this exchange:
"Bennan: Do you know what the US policy in syria is?
"Çavuşoğlu: No, and this is the problem.
"He points to different statements from WH, Pentagon, CENTCOM, State. 'There is no clear
strategy. This is the problem.'"
"Wow. Çavuşoğlu just compared Turkey to Ukraine, saying Ukraine let
itself be told it had to decide between West and Russia, and look what happened; Turkey
cannot be forced into same choice."
Please take the few minutes to read.
vk , Apr 4,
2019 2:07:04 PM |
Clueless Joe , Apr 4, 2019 3:10:41 PM |
Pence threat is also stupid as there is no mechanism to expulse any member from NATO. NATO
members can only leave voluntarily.
Since when this stopped the USA?
The reason Turkey won't exit NATO are many. Among them:
1) Turkey's economy is in meltdown. It only didn't collapse yesterday because, luckily,
Turkey has only "burnt" one third of its Dollar reserves. For comparison, the usurper
government which toppled Dilma Rousseff burnt almost 50% of Brazil's then gigantic US$ 795
billion -- only to try to keep interest at a staggering 9.5% rate. Lucky for the Turkish
people, Erdogan survived the 2016 coup, but he was already trounced in the three main cities
and those reserves won't last forever. Time is in favor of the Americans in this case;
2) Contrary to, e.g. China and Russia, Turkey has a strong pro-USA political-popular base.
It really doesn't need to topple Erdogan through a violent coup (Obama made an unforced error
in 2016) in order to install a puppet government in Turkey;
3) The USA has the IMF. The IMF is the only institution which can do regime change and
nobody will question. Erdogan is, for now, refusing its "aid", but he's just one man. That
means that, even if Turkey remains with an Islamist (Ottomanist) or end up electing a neutral
government, the Americans will still be capable of exerting formidable pressure;
4)Turkey is, perhaps, the geostrategically most important individual country for NATO. If
the Americans still dream of defeating and balkanizing Russia through a hot war, then the
path will go through Turkey and the Bosphorus. It is not on rogue POTUS or Veep who will
"But current American elites have no concept of own actions having consequences."
karlof1 , Apr 4, 2019 3:50:45 PM |
Well, since 2002, people made a lot about the neo-cons being heavily influenced by Leo
Strauss. I think this is only part of it. These people seem to me to be just as heavily
influenced by George Berekeley: things don't really exist, there's no causation, therefore
there's no consequences to one's own actions.
Harry Law , Apr 4, 2019 4:22:04 PM |
unwittingly utters truism but has no idea that it applies to him and the Outlaw US
Empire billions of times over: "Corruption cannot lead to prosperity." Nor can it field a
competent military with functional weapon systems.
Another OT note, this one about the technical development of generation 6 military
Hypersonic and hydrogen fueled and most likely piloted by droids or remotely given speed
The US are threatening friend and foe alike, whereas those sanctions against their foe's are
real, sanctions against NATO members can be counterproductive, for instance Germany being
told to stop Nord Stream 2 and increase its contributions to NATO, 2% of Germany's GDP [4
trillion dollars] is an enormous amount of money to protect against a non existent enemy.
Christian J Chuba , Apr 4, 2019 6:37:15 PM |
time will come when the US will be ignored, then, unless the US acts on those threats, its
own credibility will be called into question, then the only way is down.
BUT What about the Saudi Model???
SteveK9 , Apr 4, 2019 8:20:30 PM |
Whenever anyone suggests that we should stop supplying bombs and military equipment to the
Saudis who are murdering Yemenis, moralists like Mike Pence, Pompeo, and the rest of the
religious right thunder, 'THEY WILL BUY ARMS FROM THE ROOOSHINS!'
So it is quite funny that they are willing to play hardball with the Turks.
The comments at the end about how Turkey can maintain good relations with NATO and at
the same time develop cooperation with Russia is clearly nonsense. NATO whole reason for
existence now is as an anti-Russia military alliance. Pence is absolutely right about
that ... you cannot be a member of NATO and develop close cooperation with Russia.
least in the eyes of NATO (i.e. the US) Russia is the enemy.
Zachary Smith , Apr 1, 2019 5:14:39 PM |
@ bevin #90
But that doesn't bother Trump, Bolton, Pompeo and their mob. They think quarter by quarter.
Immediate gratification is the name of their game. They know that "in the long run we are
all dead". And they don't care what happens then.
Your viewpoint is the same as that of Jonathon Cook. He says "Russiagate" was a faction
fight between two groups of the Power Elites.
One wanted to keep 'putting the lipstick on the pig' which is predatory Capitalism, and
the other wants to let it all hang out and rape the planet NOW.
Just as there was a clueless "liberal" cheering group for Mueller, the Looters have a
fan club among the "right". Both sets of the applauding groups are just puppets. And of
course neither has recognized their true role in the unfolding dramas.
Christian J Chuba , Mar 31, 2019 3:08:20 PM |
"U.S. Regime blocks international waterway" [actual story, Reuters title story] ...
"Iranian fuel oil cargo sits off Malaysia as U.S. urges sanctions compliance"
I cannot stand the tone of this article, apparently the U.S. was able to coerce Singapore and
Malaysia into not buying Iranian oil. The story is peppered with the usual loaded terms such
as, 'evading U.S sanctions' as if they are lawful. If Iran blocked access to the Persian Guld
would we hear stories about Qatar and the Saudis 'evading Iranian sanctions'?
What got my attention post this common story was this statement ...
talks were to make sure Malaysian and Singaporean authorities "are alert and make important
decisions about whether or not to even allow the vessels to come through their waterways."
So now it is somehow acceptable to block a merchant ship from an international waterway?
WTF. This is an act of war.
"... On March 18, 2019, the military commanders of Iran, Syria, and Iraq convened in Damascus in order to discuss long-term strategic and operational cooperation. The delegations were led by Mohammad Bagheri (Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces), Ali Abdullah Ayyoub (the Syrian Defense Minister), and Othman al-Ghanmi (Chief of Staff of the Iraqi Military). Officially, the summit addressed coordination in counter-terrorism operations, joint securing and opening of borders, and restoring Damascus' control over the en-tire Syrian territory. ..."
"... In mid-March 2019, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Muhterem Ince and his Iranian counterpart, Hussein Zulfiqari, reached "an agreement on launching a simultaneous operation against terror groups that threat-en the security of both countries" during a meeting in Ankara. If successful, this would be the first of many operations. The first joint operation was conducted on March 18-23, 2019, mainly in northern Iraq. In addition to widespread bombing and shelling, around 600 Turkish and Iranian special forces carried out joint raiding operations against Kurdish "terrorist camps". In the last days of the operation, aerial bombings were directed at all Kurdish nemeses in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, and Iran. On March 24, 2019, Ankara and Tehran announced that they "are determined to continue carrying out such joint counter-terrorism operations". ..."
"... The first priority was to build Qatar's new oil and gas pipelines to the Mediterranean via Iran-Iraq-Syria and also connect to the pipelines in Turkey. These pipelines would substitute for the originally planned "Sunni pipelines" which were to transverse Qatar-Saudi Arabia-Iraq-Syria and which had originally led to the Qatari support for the Syrian jihad. The new pipelines would move to the shores of the Mediterranean -- mainly the Syrian port of Latakia -- gas and oil from both Qatar and Iran. The pipelines would be followed by electricity lines and a fully integrated transportation infrastructure on a regional basis. ..."
"... Taken together, the transportation cooperation agreement between the three bloc members (Qatar, Iran, and Turkey), and the transportation agreement between Iran, Iraq, and Syria, provide for a road and rail-way system linking all these states. This makes Iran the lynchpin of the regional transportation networks, and, thus, a crucial purveyor of access for the PRC. Indeed, PRC senior officials consider Iran to be "a key pivot to China's BRI in the region". ..."
The key to the success of the bloc is the emerging correlation of influence of the great
powers in the aftermath of the wars in Syria and Iraq . Russia and the People's Republic of
China are ready to compromise with the regional powers in order to secure their vital and
global interests, while the US, Saudi Arabia and, to a lesser extent, Israel, are the nemeses
of the bloc.
The roots of "the Middle Eastern Entente" are in Doha. Qatar in Summer 2017 initiated a
myriad of bilat-eral and trilateral discussions with Iran and Turkey after Saudi Arabia and the
GCC allies imposed the siege on Qatar in June of that year. However, it was not until the
second half of 2018, with the initial impact of the siege largely ameliorated, that the
long-term post-war posture of the greater Middle East became a major priority.
It was then that Doha, Tehran, and Ankara started talking about forming a coherent strategic
According to Iman Zayat, the Managing Editor of The Arab Weekly, in late November 2018, the
three coun-tries struck a deal in Tehran to create a "joint working group to facilitate the
transit of goods between the three countries". This was the beginning of a profound realignment
of the three regional powers. "Qatar has irrevocably joined with Ankara and Tehran against its
former Arab allies. It has conclusively positioned itself in a regional alliance that pursues
geopolitical dominance by driving instability," Zayat noted.
It did not take long for the three powers to realize that for such a bloc to succeed it must
focus on security issues and not just economic issues.
Hectic negotiations followed. In mid-December 2018, the three foreign ministers -- Muhammad
bin Ab-dulrahman al-Thani, Mohammad Javad Zarif, and Mevlut Çavusoglu -- signed the
protocols and agree-ments for the new bloc on the sidelines of the 18th Doha Forum. In the
Forum, Qatar formally called for "a new alliance that would replace the four-decade-old Gulf
Cooperation Council". Since then, specific and concrete negotiations on the consolidation of
the bloc have been taking place. The final modalities for joint actions and common priorities,
particularly the integration of the Arab states, were formulated in ear-ly March 2019.
Iran was the dominant force in this phase.
The last decisive push for the Arab integration took place during Bashar al-Assad's visit to
Tehran on Feb-ruary 25, 2019. There, he submitted to the demands of the Iranian mullahs and to
tight supervision by Teh-ran. Significantly, during his stay in Tehran, Assad was constantly
escorted by Qassem Soleimani, Mahmoud Alavi, and Ali Akbar Velayati, who attended all his
meetings with Iranian leaders. In Tehran, Assad commit-ted to supporting the new bloc and to
support the greater Middle East the bloc members were trying to create.
The geo-strategic and geo-economic objectives of the bloc are huge, and, as things stand in
late March 2019, largely attainable.
The first objective of "the Middle Eastern Entente" was to quickly consolidate strong
influence, if not he-gemony, over Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan before the Fertile Crescent
of Minorities could re-emerge as a viable geo-strategic and political entity. The primary
rôle of the revived Fertile Crescent of Minorities was to constitute a buffer containing
the upsurge of the Sunni Arab milieu and blocking the access of both Iran and Turkey to the
heartlands of al-Jazira.
The greatest fear of the bloc members, however, was the possible ascent of the Kurds as a
regional power once they internalized the US betrayal and were ready to strike deals with
Moscow and Damascus. The overall susceptibility of the four Arab countries to the new regional
posture was evident from their blatant disregard of the US sanctions on Iran. Hence, this
region would soon become the key to a new grand-strategic and grand-economic posture for the
entire greater Middle East.
Tehran emerged as the dominant power in the security posture.
The surge has been conducted under the command of Maj.-Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Commander of
the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC: Pasdaran). Supreme Leader
Ayatollah Ali Khamene'i on March 11, 2019, awarded Soleimani a unique and high State honor: the
Order of Zolfaghar. [Significantly, this order, established in 1856 as The Decoration of the
Commander of the Faithful by Em-peror Naser al-Din Shah, was awarded until 1925 where it was
renamed as The Order of Zolfaghar by Em-peror Reza Shah I. It had not been awarded since the
downfall of the Shah in 1979 until the award -- pre-sumably in the highest of the three classes
of the Order -- to Maj.-Gen. Soleimani.]
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told the Mehr News Agency that Soleimani received the
award on account of his leading "the fight against terrorism and extremism in the region".
Zarif stressed that So-leimani's achievements "have prepared the grounds for creating a strong
and stable region free from violence and radicalization".
On March 18, 2019, the military commanders of Iran, Syria, and Iraq convened in Damascus in
order to discuss long-term strategic and operational cooperation. The delegations were led by
Mohammad Bagheri (Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces), Ali Abdullah Ayyoub (the Syrian
Defense Minister), and Othman al-Ghanmi (Chief of Staff of the Iraqi Military). Officially, the
summit addressed coordination in counter-terrorism operations, joint securing and opening of
borders, and restoring Damascus' control over the en-tire Syrian territory.
In reality, the tripartite summit discussed the emerging regional posture now that the wars
in Syria and Iraq are nearing their end. Bashar al-Assad addressed the summit and stressed
long-term security and policy issues.
Bagheri explained that the objective of "the tripartite summit between Iran, Syria and Iraq
with the participation of their senior commanders [was] to coordinate efforts on the fight
against terrorist groups in the region. ... Over the last few years, excellent coordination has
been achieved between Iran, Syria, Russia and Iraq, and there has been solidarity with the
Resistance Axis that led to significant victories in counter-ing terrorism, and today, on the
basis of these victories, the consolidation of sovereignty and progress to-wards the liberation
of the rest of Syria is taking place."
Concurrently, the initial indications of things to come were already unfolding.
In mid-March 2019, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Muhterem Ince and his Iranian counterpart,
Hussein Zulfiqari, reached "an agreement on launching a simultaneous operation against terror
groups that threat-en the security of both countries" during a meeting in Ankara. If
successful, this would be the first of many operations. The first joint operation was conducted
on March 18-23, 2019, mainly in northern Iraq. In addition to widespread bombing and shelling,
around 600 Turkish and Iranian special forces carried out joint raiding operations against
Kurdish "terrorist camps". In the last days of the operation, aerial bombings were directed at
all Kurdish nemeses in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, and Iran. On March 24, 2019, Ankara and Tehran announced that they "are determined
to continue carrying out such joint counter-terrorism operations".
Meanwhile, Qatar has emerged as the dominant power regarding all issues pertaining to the
The first priority was to build Qatar's new oil and gas pipelines to the Mediterranean via
Iran-Iraq-Syria and also connect to the pipelines in Turkey. These pipelines would substitute
for the originally planned "Sunni pipelines" which were to transverse Qatar-Saudi
Arabia-Iraq-Syria and which had originally led to the Qatari support for the Syrian jihad. The
new pipelines would move to the shores of the Mediterranean -- mainly the Syrian port of
Latakia -- gas and oil from both Qatar and Iran. The pipelines would be followed by
electricity lines and a fully integrated transportation infrastructure on a regional
The long-term strategic infrastructure envisioned by "the Middle Eastern Entente" reflected
the grand-strategic aspirations of Iran and Turkey.
The key arteries would be from Iran to the shores of the Mediterranean, and from western
Turkey to the Red Sea and the Hijaz. Ultimately, these roads would be supplanted by railways.
Iran and Iraq have already started constructing the railway line from the Shalamcheh border
crossing to Basra in Iraq. This is the first segment of a line which would reach Latakia.
Tehran is negotiating with Damascus Iranian management of the civilian port in Latakia (the
Russians control the military facilities) in the next few months as a major outlet for Iran's
Taken together, the new railroads would provide access for the New Silk Road to the eastern
Mediterra-nean and the Red Sea; would connect the Russia-Iran north-south route with the
Mediterranean; and would constitute an extension of the Europe-Turkey rail-line much like the
old Baghdad and Persian Gulf railway. The existing Iranian railroad system connects the
north-south rail-line to the Pakistani border and, thus, ultimately to western China.
Both Beijing and Moscow are most interested in the speedy completion of these rail-lines as
part of the extended Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Taken together, the transportation cooperation agreement between the three bloc members
(Qatar, Iran, and Turkey), and the transportation agreement between Iran, Iraq, and Syria,
provide for a road and rail-way system linking all these states. This makes Iran the lynchpin
of the regional transportation networks, and, thus, a crucial purveyor of access for the PRC.
Indeed, PRC senior officials consider Iran to be "a key pivot to China's BRI in the
On March 19, 2019, PRC Minister of Commerce Zhong Shan stressed the rôle of Iran as "the strategic partner" in the greater Middle East for "the further development of economic
and trade ties" with the entire region. "Iran is China's strategic partner in the Middle-East
and China is the biggest trade partner and im-porter of oil from Iran," Zhong said. Ultimately,
this would secure for Iran a central place in the overall PRC strategic and economic
The second objective of "the Middle Eastern Entente" was to use the Arab bloc, particularly
its Sunni elements, in conjunction with escalation in Yemen and growing hostility of
(non-Sunni, but Ibadi) Oman, in order to smother and subdue Saudi Arabia. With Saudi Arabia
already near implosion as a result of the erratic reign of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
bin 'Abd al-'Aziz al-Saud, the leaders in Doha, Tehran, and Ankara appear convinced that it
would only take little pressure in order to bring about the break-up and self-dismemberment of
The key to the bloc's anticipated success was in its capitalizing on heritage-based trends
already growing throughout Saudi Arabia. The aggregate impact of the Turkish-Jordanian and
Islamist-jihadist subversion in the Hejaz, the growing impact of the anti-al-Saud tribal and
jihadist movements organizing in the Nejdi highlands, and the Iran-facilitated radicalization
and militancy of the Shi'ite communities in the Saudi Arabian east would accelerate the
self-dismemberment of Saudi Arabia along traditional lines. Even if the House of al-Saud did
not lose power soon, the myriad of internal problems would prevent Saudi Arabia from playing a
regional rôle against the new bloc and its allies.
A large number of intelligence officials and experts throughout the Middle East concur with
... ... ...
Meanwhile, the Qataris and their allies have made it clear that they do not fear a US
reaction to the emergence of "the Middle Eastern Entente".
Qatari senior officials attribute this to repeated threats from Doha that should the US
interfere with the new bloc and its ascent to prominence, Doha would order the immediate
closure of the huge US base in Al-Udeid, Qatar, and would also stop interceding with Tehran to
prevent Iran-sponsored Shi'ite jihadists from attacking the US Navy base in Bahrain. As well,
the growing dependence of the US Intelligence Community on Turkish Intelligence (Milli
?stihbarat Te?kilat?: MIT) for clandestine operations in Central Asia and in sup-port of the
secessionist Muslim communities of both Russia and China accounts for the US muted reaction to
the Turkish abandonment of NATO.
The same logic would negate US resistance to the ascent of the bloc. Similarly, the US
eagerness for a Trump-Rouhani summit (tailored after the Trump-Kim summit), where Qatar and Oman were the chief mediators, would also restrain a harsh reaction to Iran's growing regional
The Trump Administration is cognizant of the US limitations in the greater Middle East.
At the same time, the US remains adamant on preventing the PRC and Russia from consolidating their influence in the greater
Middle East and bringing the New Silk Road into the region. Senior US officials, mainly National Security Adviser John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike
Pompeo, have warned repeatedly that there could be no compromise with the PRC, nor tolerance of
the ascent of the PRC anywhere. "This is a very big issue, how to deal with China in this
century -- probably the biggest international issue we face," Bolton said on March 21,
... ... ...
"... Netanyahu is scheduled to visit the White House next week ahead of his April 9 re-election vote. While he's officially coming for the AIPAC conference, an annual pro-Israel policy gathering, his visit will serve up excellent campaign material back home. He's certain to be photographed meeting Trump while his speech, delivered in his American-accented baritone, will get plenty of airtime in Israel. ..."
"... "What Trump is doing is totally gratuitous," said Martin Indyk, a former U.S. ambassador to Israel under President Bill Clinton. "He is intervening in an Israeli election for the sake of his friend Bibi Netanyahu, and in the process undermining Israel's chances of achieving peace with its neighbor Syria." ..."
"... Asked about the report, which dropped the previous use of the word "occupied" in reference to the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza, Pompeo said the change in language was intentional. "It wasn't a mistake; it wasn't an error. It was done knowingly. We believe it's the most factual description that was appropriate for the report," he said. ..."
"... "I can say that all of you can imagine what would have happened if Israel were not in the Golan," Netanyahu said. "I think it's time the international community recognizes Israel's stay in the Golan, the fact that the Golan will always remain part of the state of Israel." ..."
"... Pompeo told reporters at a briefing in Kuwait on Wednesday that there had been no change in U.S. policy toward the Golan Heights. In a media roundtable on Thursday, he declined to say whether the U.S. was weighing whether to recognize Israel's annexation of the Golan. ..."
Trump Supports Israel Sovereignty Over Golan, Aiding Netanyahu
- Netanyahu to visit Trump next week ahead of tough re-election
- Move would be at odds with longstanding international policy
President Donald Trump said it's time for the
U.S. to "fully recognize" Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights, a political gift to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just
weeks before a tough re-election vote.
The remark -- which would break with decades of U.S. policy -- could prove decisive in swaying Israeli voters just as Netanyahu
faces corruption allegations that have marred his campaign. It is also likely to draw a rebuke from the international community,
which never recognized Israel's sovereignty over the territory it captured in 1967.
"The message that President Trump has given the world is that America stands by Israel," Netanyahu said Thursday after Trump's
Trump's message came a day after Netanyahu, in a press briefing with Secretary of State Michael Pompeo in Jerusalem, called for
the U.S. and the rest of the world to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights. Israel extended its law to the area in
The future of the plateau, a scenic area containing important water sources, had long been considered a subject for negotiation
in any potential peace agreement with Syria. Now, with Syria wracked by a civil war that includes support from Iran, Israel wants
its control over the area to be recognized worldwide.
"I've been thinking about doing that for a long time," Trump said in an interview to be broadcast Friday on Fox Business Network's
"Mornings With Maria." "It's been a very hard decision for every president, no president has done it. This is very much like Jerusalem,
moving the embassy to Jerusalem -- I did that."
While the news was welcomed by most Israelis, some saw it as a cynical ploy to interfere in their election and help Netanyahu
at a time when he's facing increasing scrutiny in a sprawling corruption probe. Merav Michaeli, a member of the opposition Labor
party, said there's little national debate that the Golan should stay in Israeli hands.
It "only helps public opinion for Netanyahu," she added. "That's why it came now. And so it doesn't really benefit Israel now,
it benefits Netanyahu."
Netanyahu is scheduled to visit the White House next week ahead of his April 9 re-election vote. While he's officially coming
for the AIPAC conference, an annual pro-Israel policy gathering, his visit will serve up excellent campaign material back home. He's
certain to be photographed meeting Trump while his speech, delivered in his American-accented baritone, will get plenty of airtime
"What Trump is doing is totally gratuitous," said Martin Indyk, a former U.S. ambassador to Israel under President Bill Clinton.
"He is intervening in an Israeli election for the sake of his friend Bibi Netanyahu, and in the process undermining Israel's chances
of achieving peace with its neighbor Syria."
Trump's move may also give the president a political boost as he courts Jewish voters in the U.S.
The U.S. had signaled strongly in recent weeks it was ready to accept Israeli sovereignty. In an annual report on human rights
released last week, the State Department referred to the Golan Heights, the West Bank and Gaza as "Israeli-controlled," not "Israeli-occupied."
Asked about the report, which dropped the previous use of the word "occupied" in reference to the Golan Heights, West Bank, and
Gaza, Pompeo said the change in language was intentional. "It wasn't a mistake; it wasn't an error. It was done knowingly. We believe it's the most factual description that was appropriate
for the report," he said.
American support for Israel has strengthened under Trump, who moved the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in 2018 and backed
out of the nuclear agreement his predecessor Barack Obama negotiated with Iran, a cherished goal of Netanyahu.
Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian official, said Trump's move would destabilize the region.
"I can say that all of you can imagine what would have happened if Israel were not in the Golan," Netanyahu said. "I think it's
time the international community recognizes Israel's stay in the Golan, the fact that the Golan will always remain part of the state
The U.S. recognition underscores the changing reality on the ground, as the chances of Israel returning the northern territory
to Syria diminished.
Pompeo told reporters at a briefing in Kuwait on Wednesday that there had been no change in U.S. policy toward the Golan Heights.
In a media roundtable on Thursday, he declined to say whether the U.S. was weighing whether to recognize Israel's annexation of the
"The administration's considering lots of things always, and I try to make sure we get to answers before we talk
One of the rare early realistic assessments of Trump foreign policy. most were wrong. Circe was right in major points. The
appointment of CIA director was the litmus test and Trump failed it by appointing neocon Pompeo.
Trump foreign policy is a typical neocon foreign policy. People just tried to overlook it in vain hopes that Trump will change the US
"... 95% or more of the individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. It's going to lead to war and not a regular war where 300,000 people die. This is a catastrophic error in judgment I don't give a sh...t who makes such an error, Trump or the representative from Kalamazoo! This is so bad that it disqualifies whatever else appears positive at this time. ..."
"... And one more deeply disturbing thing; Pompeo, chosen to head the CIA has threatened Ed Snowden with the death penalty, if Snowden is caught, and now as CIA Director he can send operatives to chase him down wherever he is and render him somewhere, torture him to find out who he shared intelligence with and kill him on the spot and pretend it was a foreign agent who did the job. He already stated before he was assigned this powerful post that Snowden should be brought back from Russia and get the death penalty for treason. ..."
"... Pompeo also sided with the Obama Administration on using U. S. military force in Syria against Assad and wrote this in the Washington Post: "Russia continues to side with rogue states and terrorist organizations, following Vladimir Putin's pattern of gratuitous and unpunished affronts to U.S. interests,". ..."
"... Aside: I find those who talk about "factions" in foreign policy making to be un-credible. Among these were those that spoke of 'Obama's legacy'. A bullshit concept for a puppet. The neocons control FP. And they could only be unseated if a neocon -unfriendly President was elected. ..."
"... Trump is turning animosity away from Russia and toward Iran. But I doubt that it will result in a shooting war with Iran. The 'deep-state' (arms industry and security agencies) just wants a foreign enemy as a means of ensuring that US govt continues to fund security agencies and buy arms. ..."
"... And really, Obama's "peace deal" with Iran was bogus anyway. It was really just a placeholder until Assad could be toppled. Only a small amount of funds were released to Iran, and US-Iranian relations have been just as bad as they were before the "peace deal". So all the hand-wringing about Trump vs. Iran is silly. ..."
"... What is important is that with Iran as the nominal enemy du jour plus Trump's campaign pledge to have the "strongest" military (note: every candidate was for a strong military), the neocons have no case to make that Trump is weak on defense. ..."
"... he is close to Jews/Zionists/Israel or even Jewish himself. Funny that Trump wasn't attacked like that before the election, huh? ..."
Circe | Nov 19, 2016 8:37:46 PM |
95% or more of the individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated
obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. It's going to lead to war and not a regular war where 300,000 people die. This is
a catastrophic error in judgment I don't give a sh...t who makes such an error, Trump or the representative from Kalamazoo! This
is so bad that it disqualifies whatever else appears positive at this time.
And one more deeply disturbing thing; Pompeo, chosen to head the CIA has threatened Ed Snowden with the death penalty, if Snowden
is caught, and now as CIA Director he can send operatives to chase him down wherever he is and render him somewhere, torture him
to find out who he shared intelligence with and kill him on the spot and pretend it was a foreign agent who did the job. He already
stated before he was assigned this powerful post that Snowden should be brought back from Russia and get the death penalty for
Pompeo also sided with the Obama Administration on using U. S. military force in Syria against Assad and wrote this in the
Washington Post: "Russia continues to side with rogue states and terrorist organizations, following Vladimir Putin's pattern
of gratuitous and unpunished affronts to U.S. interests,".
That's not all, Pompeo wants to enhance the surveillance state, and he too wants to tear up the Iran deal.
Many of you here are extremely naïve regarding Trump.
b's speculation has the ring of truth. I've often wondered if Trump was encouraged to run by a deep-state faction that found
the neocons to be abhorrent and dangerous.
Aside: I find those who talk about "factions" in foreign policy making to be un-credible. Among these were those that spoke
of 'Obama's legacy'. A bullshit concept for a puppet. The neocons control FP. And they could only be unseated if a neocon-unfriendly
President was elected.
Jackrabbit | Nov 19, 2016 10:20:57 PM |
Trump is turning animosity away from Russia and toward Iran. But I doubt that it will result in a shooting war with Iran. The
'deep-state' (arms industry and security agencies) just wants a foreign enemy as a means of ensuring that US govt continues to
fund security agencies and buy arms.
And really, Obama's "peace deal" with Iran was bogus anyway. It was really just a placeholder
until Assad could be toppled. Only a small amount of funds were released to Iran, and US-Iranian relations have been just as bad
as they were before the "peace deal". So all the hand-wringing about Trump vs. Iran is silly.
What is important is that with Iran as the nominal enemy du jour plus Trump's campaign pledge to have the "strongest" military
(note: every candidate was for a strong military), the neocons have no case to make that Trump is weak on defense.
And so it is interesting that those that want to undermine Trump have resorted to the claim that he is close to Jews/Zionists/Israel
or even Jewish himself. Funny that Trump wasn't attacked like that before the election, huh?
The profound changes and profound butt-hurt lead to the following poignant questions:
>> Have we just witnessed a counter-coup?
>> Isn't it sad that, in 2016(!), the only check on elites are other elite factions?
An enormous cultural failure that has produced a brittle social fabric.
>> If control of NSA snooping power is so crucial, why would ANY ruling block ever allow the another to gain power?
Indeed, the answer to this question informs one's view on whether the anti-Trump protests are just Democratic Party ass-covering/distraction
or a real attempt at a 'color revolution'.
arby , Mar 26, 2019 9:55:59 AM |
AFP news agency
Verified account @AFP
2h2 hours ago
#UPDATE Saudi Arabia has rejected US President Donald Trump's recognition of Syria's Golan
Heights as Israeli territory, condemning it as a violation of international law http://u.afp.com/JqPV #GolanHeights
karlof1 , Mar 26, 2019 1:02:24 PM |
Reagan the last anti-Zionist POTUS? :
"US President Ronald Reagan on Israel's decision to annex the 🇸🇾 Syrian
Golan Heights 🇸🇾 in 1981:
"'We do deplore this unilateral action by Israel, which has increased the difficulty of
seeking peace in the Middle East under the terms of the U.N. Resolutions 242 and 338.'"
His attitude made UNSCR 497 possible. Trump's move shows he's anti-Reagan, which is a
point his opponents could use if they weren't pro-Zionist like Trump.
The situation that is developing around both this year's Israeli election and next year's
ballot in the United States smacks of something like a developing conspiracy to renew the
mandates of both Benjamin Netanyahu and Donald Trump somewhat reminiscent of the October Surprise that
helped bring Ronald Reagan to the White House. Back then, the Reagan campaign team led by
William Casey secretly negotiated with Iranian representatives to prolong the U.S. Embassy
hostage crisis past the 1980 election, enabling Reagan to use the continuing stand-off as a
wedge issue to attack the "weakness" of Carter foreign policy. If Carter had been able to bring
the hostages home, he might have won reelection. In exchange for a Reagan offer of considerable
military hardware, the Iranians agreed to release the U.S. hostages after the new president
took office, which they did. And Reagan provided the hardware in an exchange that eventually
morphed into Iran-Contra.
What is less known is that the initial secret meetings between Casey and the Iranians were
set up by a group of CIA Chiefs of Station who had served in the Middle East but were at that
time in Europe. The first meetings were in Paris. The Chiefs, all active-duty, serving CIA
officers, were working for the Carter administration but were conspiring to defeat him and
contributed materially to that outcome. Several of them were rewarded when Casey was
subsequently named Director of Central Intelligence.
Curiously, both then and now Iran was and is at the center of what might or might not
develop and there are clear signs that the United States is escalating its crisis with Tehran
artificially to produce a conflict that would benefit no one in the short term but Bibi
Netanyahu, Israel's Prime Minister, who is struggling to get re-elected. A critical question
becomes "Since Trump has pledged disengagement in the Middle East, is it he who is pulling the
strings or is it National Security Advisor John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo,
somewhat reminiscent of the cabal of CIA Chiefs conspiring behind the back of the elected
president in 1980?" But the more important question is, perhaps, whether Bolton and Pompeo
actually want Trump reelected or might they be engaged in something even more devious? Is a
Mitt or a Marco lurking, either of whom would be seen very favorably by Israel and the neocons
versus an extremely narcissistic and ultimately unreliable Trump?
That Washington has been slowly tightening the screws on Iran is undeniable, starting with
the withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) nuclear agreement last year,
which has led to a level of economic warfare initiated by Washington that is unprecedented
between two countries that are not actually at war. Ironically and inevitably, though the
suffering of the Iranian people is real, the elites who run the country are largely immune to
the hardships being experienced.
As there has been no sign that the Iranian people will overthrow their government, which is
the White House's stated objective, more pressure is being contemplated. New sanctions were
initiated last Friday and a move that mighty actually bring about an armed confrontation is
being considered by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is clearly
favoring declaring the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) to be a foreign terrorist
Qassim Suleimani ,
commander of the IRGC's elite Quds Force component, has already been designated a terrorist by
the U.S., but no armed forces entity from any country has ever before been awarded that
distinction and it would likely produce a serious response from Iran, possibly including an
attack on some U.S. military installation in the Middle East or against a U.S. Navy warship
patrolling the Straits of Hormuz. That would in turn justify a response and the crisis could
the New York Times, the Pompeo " plans also would designate some Iraqi Shiite militias as
foreign terrorist organizations. As a result, the Iranian-trained militias -- and Iraqi
officials who support them -- would be subject to new economic sanctions and travel
restrictions." This scenario would also compound problems with Baghdad, which is already
reluctant to accept the stationing of U.S. troops in the country without placing severe
restrictions on when, how and where they might be able to operate, and it would also be seen by
the rulers in Tehran as a major threat to Iran's national security.
So, there would be complications and also considerable downside if Washington were to take
the lead on designating Iranian or Iranian connected militias terrorists, but bear in mind the
considerable upside, which is that war is, generally speaking, good for incumbency unless it
quickly and undeniably goes disastrously wrong. A quick strike to punish Iran before the
Israeli election would help Netanyahu, just as a successful and not too prolonged "cakewalk"
engagement with the Mullahs would elevate Trump next year. The president and his close advisors
have surely noted that the only time he was regarded as "presidential" by the media and inside
the Beltway talking heads was when he ordered the launch of cruise missiles to punish Syria for
an alleged chemical attack back in April 2017. The fact that the attack was based on false
intelligence was irrelevant and it did not produce any damage to key voter constituencies,
apart from that segment of the population that voted for Trump because he was perceived to be
the anti-war choice for president.
The Israelis are, of course, deep into the planning for a conflict, and have recently
been promoting their repeatedly discredited casus belli claim that Iran has a secret
nuclear program. It would be reasonable to suggest that war with Iran is coming and it is only
a matter of timing concerning when and exactly how it starts. There may not be enough time left
to do Netanyahu a favor that he would surely reciprocate in American elections next year, but
you can also bet that the Israeli Mossad intelligence service is hard at work coming up with
"false flag" contingency plans to jump start a war sooner rather than later. There have long
been concerns that intelligence agencies might go rogue but we are now living in an age where
the existence of a "deep state" in many countries suggests that they have already been rogue
for some time, most particularly in the United States.
Suggesting the possibility of some covert intrigues behind the scenes in the Administration
does not necessarily mean that there is an actual conspiracy apart from that which is being run
by the White House and Congress against the American people. But because we live in a world
where we can no longer expect the government to behave honorably, it is wise to expect just
about anything. Politicians care only about retaining power by being re-elected in both Israel
and in the United States and, since the two governments are currently joined at the hip and
likely perceiving war as part of an electoral strategy, why not expect the worst?
Philip M. Giraldi, Ph.D., is Executive Director of the Council for the National Interest,
a 501(c)3 tax deductible educational foundation that seeks a more interests-based U.S. foreign
policy in the Middle East. Website is councilforthenationalinterest.org, address is P.O. Box
2157, Purcellville VA 20134 and its email is email@example.com .
karlof1 , Mar 26, 2019 12:30:42 PM |
twitter post by Canthama , note that two of the states developing "nightmares" are active
partners with a major component of the Resistance--Iran. This news item , was linked in
Alastair Crooke's latest essay about Syria at Strategic Culture and tells us that UAE is
Iran's 3rd largest outward trade partner:
"Late in December, Trade Promotion Organization announced that Iraq, China, and the UAE
were respectively the top three destinations of Iran's outward flow of trade in the first 8
months of the current Iranian year (started on March 21), adding that the country's exports
to Azerbaijan had registered a 50% rise in the same period as well."
So, the political-economic relations are far more twisted and complex than appear at
first. Trump's idiotic law breaking recognition of Golan as Zionist has helped to coalesce
the entire Arab world with Saudi making what almost seems an unprecedented step in the MbS
era of telling the Outlaw US Empire it's wrong and opposes its decision. That the UAE and
Iran have reached a détente of sorts will likely influence MbS and Saudi's position,
likely helped along with goading from China and Russia regarding BRI integration, which is in
Saudi's great interest to become entwined as the Outlaw US Empire cannot offer anything of a
And so we reach what ought to be Zionistan's massive problem: Being shutout of the biggest
development/economic boom project in human history because of its Anti-Semitism and genocidal
treatment of Palestinians. Seeing how money's more important to Zionists than morals, not
allowing them to participate in BRI might just be the kick required to change their
"... But facts matter little when it comes to dishing out propaganda to a largely clueless American public. Conveniently excluded from our mythical account of the defeat of ISIS is the critical role played by Russia and Iran in bolstering Syria's military capabilities and carrying out a decisive ground campaign that is the real cause of the death of ISIS. ..."
"... I agree with damned near every word you said, Larry. Our policies and actions in Syria have been horrid from the beginning. The only bright spot was the assistance we provided to the Kurds against the IS jihadis. ..."
"... What good we did there, although still illegal under international law, is being wiped out by our insistence on staying there and obstruction of Kurdish reconciliation with Damascus. ..."
I wish we could say that the lies and self-deception that are
the core of U.S. policy and actions in Syria are an isolated incident. Sadly, no. On almost
every issue--from the Russian threat to the 12 doom countdown on climate change--Americans are
being fed a steady stream of bullshit and there is virtually no pushback or derision.
I bring this up in light of the media's current coverage of the "defeat" of ISIS in Syria.
According to the media and punditry meme, this is the result of vigorous and persistent action
by U.S. ground forces in Syria and that 2000 brave men (and very few women) have flushed ISIS
into the bowels of history. No one dare mention the fact that the United States is violating
international law by carrying out military operations on Syrian territory. Nope. Don't fit the
The Washington Post piece is representative of the
nonsense being reported :
Nearly a third of territory reclaimed from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria since 2014
has been won in the past six months, due to new policies adopted by the Trump administration, a
senior State Department official said Friday.
Brett McGurk, the State Department's senior envoy to the anti-Islamic State coalition, said
that steps President Trump has taken, including delegating decision-making authority down from
the White House to commanders in the field, have "dramatically accelerated" gains against the
Trump has worked this miracle with a measly 2000 Special Ops and Special Forces troops. Or
so we are told. Now for the facts:
The United States ground forces have not carried out nor spearheaded a single major ground
campaign or attack in Iraq. If you recall the assault on Fallujah during the early days of
the war in Iraq, the US Marines employed 15,000 marines in that effort. Two thousand troops
can defend a fixed position but are virtually useless as a military force going up against an
The 2000 U.S. military personnel have been involved for the most part in
training and intel collection. When U.S. assets were employed it involved almost exclusively
air attacks from drones, fixed wing and helicopters.
Oh yeah--EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE AIR
OPERATIONS WERE COORDINATED WITH THE RUSSIAN MILITARY COMMAND FROM THE CAOC (COMBINED AIR
OPERATIONS CENTER) IN AL-UDEID AIR FORCE BASE IN QATAR.
But facts matter little when it comes to dishing out propaganda to a largely clueless
American public. Conveniently excluded from our mythical account of the defeat of ISIS is the
critical role played by Russia and Iran in bolstering Syria's military capabilities and
carrying out a decisive ground campaign that is the real cause of the death of ISIS.
Despite our supposedly decisive victory, we are still being told that we must keep ground
forces in Syria. Donald Trump's initial instinct in 2015--i.e., we should not be in Syria--has
been trumped by die hard neocons like John Bolton with the help self-serving twits in Congress
and the media. That list includes the disgraced and deceased Senator John McCain. When McCain
was still emitting flatulence and helping speed the doom of the planet from climate change, he
was a leading cheerleader for invading a country, Syria, which had not attacked us.
Why care about international law when we, as a nation, seem so content to embrace the
illegal and the immoral. A true head scratcher.
a day ago
No one dare mention the fact that the United States is violating international law by
carrying out military operations on Syrian territory. Nope.
a day ago
International Law vs the so-called "liberal international rules-based order". Liberal,
Graham Allison: Basically, if you look at the piece I wrote for Foreign Affairs last
year -- about which there was great controversy -- it argues that the concept of the liberal
international rules-based order is mostly mythology.
Contrary to the conventional claims about this "liberal international rules-based
order," as I explain in that article:
(1) The primary cause of the "long peace" of the past seven decades has not been some
liberal international order, but rather, for the first four decades of that period, the
stalemate between two deadly adversaries in the Cold War;
(2) the primary driver of U.S. involvement in the world over these decades was not to
build some liberal international order but to defeat what it saw as an existential threat to
itself posed by an expansionist, revolutionary, Communist Soviet Union;
(3) and although Trump is undermining key elements of the current order, he is far from
the biggest threat to global stability. The main changes that have happened in the
arrangements and procedures of the past seven decades are: the decline in U.S. share of
global power as China has risen meteorically; the return of Russia as a player that is still
a nuclear superpower, or certainly second to none with respect to destructive power, with a
military that's willing and ready to fight for the Kremlin's objectives; and the discrediting
of the American foreign policy establishment in the 21st century, from the 2003 invasion of
Iraq to attempts to create a democracy in Afghanistan.
All those, in my view, are much greater factors in the changing world order than Donald
Trump -- though most people want to avoid these painful truths and just blame Trump.
The Myth of the Liberal Order. From Historical Accident to Conventional Wisdom
By Graham Allison
These misconceptions about the liberal order's causes and consequences lead its
advocates to call for the United States to strengthen the order by clinging to pillars from
the past and rolling back authoritarianism around the globe. Yet rather than seek to return
to an imagined past in which the United States molded the world in its image, Washington
should limit its efforts to ensuring sufficient order abroad to allow it to concentrate on
reconstructing a viable liberal democracy at home.
"Donald Trump's initial instinct in 2015...." Perhaps he should bring back Steve Bannon for
a day ago
Bannon is busy helping to re-nationalize Europe:
16 hours ago
You mean all those politicians leading Europe have no leadership ability, or do you mean all
those Europeans are rubes who just don't get the truth about what a great job Merkel and
Macron and what's his name in Brussels have really been doing all these years.
a day ago
I agree with damned near every word you said, Larry. Our policies and actions in Syria have
been horrid from the beginning. The only bright spot was the assistance we provided to the
Kurds against the IS jihadis.
What good we did there, although still illegal under
international law, is being wiped out by our insistence on staying there and obstruction of
Kurdish reconciliation with Damascus.
"... Perhaps most dangerous of all is the signal that it sends to Israeli hard-liners that want to annex some or all of the West Bank. ..."
"... Trump's statement is just the latest in a string of bad decisions that are absurdly biased in favor of Israel. No U.S. interests are advanced by doing this, and it discredits any criticisms that the U.S. wants to make of any other government's illegal occupation and annexation of territory. The double standard that the U.S. applies when it comes to violations of international law by itself and its clients could not be more obvious, and it will make it much more difficult to challenge similarly egregious violations in the future. ..."
21, 2019, 1:11 PM
There were hints
in recent days that U.S. recognition of Israel's claim to the Golan Heights was coming, and now the president has done it. Israel's
control of this territory dates back to the 1967 war, when Israel grabbed this part of Syria and refused to return it. Israel has
no legitimate claim to this territory, and in recognizing Israeli sovereignty over land that it seized during a war the U.S. is sending
a potentially very dangerous message to governments all around the world.
Perhaps most dangerous of all is the signal that it sends
to Israeli hard-liners that want to annex some or all of the West Bank. It tells them that illegal occupation will eventually be
rewarded with full U.S. recognition, and it also tells them that the U.S. isn't going to pay any attention to international law when
it comes to making decisions regarding Israeli control over occupied territories.
Trump's statement is just the latest in a string of bad decisions that are absurdly biased in favor of Israel. No U.S. interests
are advanced by doing this, and it discredits any criticisms that the U.S. wants to make of any other government's illegal occupation
and annexation of territory. The double standard that the U.S. applies when it comes to violations of international law by itself
and its clients could not be more obvious, and it will make it much more difficult to challenge similarly egregious violations in
"... In a copy of the letter obtained by NBC News, Trump highlighted a paragraph in the letter about the U.S. goals in Syria, which said, "Like you, we seek to ensure that all of the gains made in Syria are not lost, that ISIS never returns, that Iran is not emboldened, and that we consolidate our gains and ensure the best outcome in Geneva for American interests." ..."
Two months after saying all U.S. troops are leaving Syria, the president wrote members of Congress that he agrees with keeping
a U.S. presence in Syria. A bipartisan group of Senators and Representatives wrote to Trump on Feb. 22,
his decision to keep a small residual force in Syria.
"We support a small American stabilizing force in Syria," the group wrote, adding that a force "which includes a small contingent
of American troops and ground forces from our European allies, is essential to ensure stability and prevent
the return of ISIS ."
In a copy of the letter obtained by NBC News, Trump highlighted a paragraph in the letter about the U.S. goals in Syria, which
said, "Like you, we seek to ensure that all of the gains made in Syria are not lost, that ISIS never returns, that Iran is not emboldened,
and that we consolidate our gains and ensure the best outcome in Geneva for American interests."
"I agree 100%. ALL is being done," President Trump responded, writing directly on the letter and signing it.
Click here to read
"... A study of the Syria war coverage by nine leading European newspapers clearly illustrates these issues: 78% of all articles are based in whole or in part on agency reports, yet 0% on investigative research. Moreover, 82% of all opinion pieces and interviews are in favor of the US and NATO intervention, while propaganda is attributed exclusively to the opposite side... ..."
ex-SA , Mar 5, 2019 3:55:53 PM | 13
Desolation Row , Mar 5, 2019 6:41:25 PM |
Thank you! This may well be the most important link I've encountered in my years of lurking here @ MoA and elsewhere.
There is a video linked in the article which may be more important than the article itself. Easily overlooked, so here:
It appears in the article here:
"In a remarkable report by British Channel 4, former CIA officials and a Reuters correspondent spoke candidly about the
systematic dissemination of propaganda and misinformation in reporting on geopolitical conflicts:"
Many thanks, and much respect to you Sir for bringing this important piece to my attention.
May I humbly offer in return, https://archive.org/details/publicenemyno1
(don't neglect the 2nd reel)
I apologize for another somewhat off topic posting, but I have not seen it posted here earlier, and I think that this should be
seen by as many eyes as possible.
The Propaganda Multiplier:How Global News Agencies
and Western Media Report on Geopolitics
By Swiss Propaganda Research
It is one of the most important aspects of our media system -- and yet hardly known to the public: most of the international
news coverage in Western media is provided by only three global news agencies based in New York, London and Paris.
The key role played by these agencies means that Western media often report on the same topics, even using the same wording.
In addition, governments, military and intelligence services use these global news agencies as multipliers to spread their messages
around the world.
A study of the Syria war coverage by nine leading European newspapers clearly illustrates these issues: 78% of all articles
are based in whole or in part on agency reports, yet 0% on investigative research. Moreover, 82% of all opinion pieces and interviews
are in favor of the US and NATO intervention, while propaganda is attributed exclusively to the opposite side...
"... General Electric, the world's largest military contractor, still controls the message over at the so-called "liberal" MSNBC. MSNBC's other owner is Comcast, the right wing media conglomerate that controls the radio waves in every major American Market. Over at CNN, Mossad Asset Wolf Blitzer, who rose from being an obscure little correspondent for an Israeli Newspaper to being CNN's Chief "Pentagon Correspondent" and then was elevated to supreme anchorman nearly as quickly, ensures that the pro-Israeli Message is always in the forefront, even as the Israeli's commit one murderous act after another upon helpless Palestinian Women and Children. ..."
"... Every single "terrorism expert", General or former Government Official that is brought out to discuss the next great war is connected to a military contractor that stands to benefit from that war. Not surprisingly, the military option is the only option discussed and we are assured that, if only we do this or bomb that, then it will all be over and we can bring our kids home to a big victory parade. I'm 63 and it has never happened in my lifetime--with the exception of the phony parade that Bush Senior put on after his murderous little "First Gulf War". ..."
"... The Generals in the Pentagon always want war. It is how they make rank. All of those young kids that just graduated from our various academies know that war experience is the only thing that will get them the advancement that they seek in the career that they have chosen. They are champing at the bit for more war. ..."
"... the same PR campaign that started with Bush and Cheney continues-the exact same campaign. Obviously, they have to come back at the apple with variations, but any notion that the "media will get it someday" is willfully ignorant of the obvious fact that there is an agenda, and that agenda just won't stop until it's achieved-or revolution supplants the influence of these dark forces. ..."
"... The US media are indeed working overtime to get this war happening ..."
"... In media universe there is no alternative to endless war and an endless stream of hyped reasons for new killing. ..."
"... The media machine is a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States of Corporations. ..."
"... Oh, the greatest propaganda arm the US government has right now, bar none, is the American media. It's disgraceful. we no longer have journalists speaking truth to power in my country, we have people practicing stenography, straight from the State Department to your favorite media outlet. ..."
"... But all that research from MIT, from the UN, and others, has been buried by the American media, and every single story on Syria and Assad that is written still refers to "Assad gassing his own people". It's true, it's despicable, and it's just one example of how our media lies and distorts and misrepresents the news every day. ..."
10 October 2014 6:14pm
The American Public has gotten exactly what it deserved. They have been dumbed-down in our poor-by-intention school systems. The
moronic nonsense that passes for news in this country gets more sensational with each passing day. Over on Fox, they are making
the claim that ISIS fighters are bringing Ebola over the Mexican Border, which prompted a reply by the Mexican Embassy that won't
be reported on Fox.
10 October 2014 6:26pm
We continue to hear and it was even reported in this very fine article by Ms. Benjamin that the American
People now support this new war. Really? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen that support anywhere but on the news and I just don't
believe it any more.
There is also the little problem of infiltration into key media slots by paid CIA Assets (Scarborough and brainless Mika are
two of these double dippers). Others are intermarried. Right-wing Neocon War Criminal Dan Senor is married to "respected" newsperson
Campbell Brown who is now involved in privatizing our school system. Victoria Nuland, the slimey State Department Official who
was overheard appointing the members of the future Ukrainian Government prior to the Maidan Coup is married to another Neo-Con--Larry
Kagan. Even sweet little Andrea Mitchell is actually Mrs. Alan Greenspan.
General Electric, the world's largest military contractor, still controls the message over at the so-called "liberal" MSNBC.
MSNBC's other owner is Comcast, the right wing media conglomerate that controls the radio waves in every major American Market.
Over at CNN, Mossad Asset Wolf Blitzer, who rose from being an obscure little correspondent for an Israeli Newspaper to being
CNN's Chief "Pentagon Correspondent" and then was elevated to supreme anchorman nearly as quickly, ensures that the pro-Israeli
Message is always in the forefront, even as the Israeli's commit one murderous act after another upon helpless Palestinian Women
Every single "terrorism expert", General or former Government Official that is brought out to discuss the next great war is
connected to a military contractor that stands to benefit from that war. Not surprisingly, the military option is the only option
discussed and we are assured that, if only we do this or bomb that, then it will all be over and we can bring our kids home to
a big victory parade. I'm 63 and it has never happened in my lifetime--with the exception of the phony parade that Bush Senior
put on after his murderous little "First Gulf War".
Yesterday there was a coordinated action by all of the networks, which was clearly designed to support the idea that the generals
want Obama to act and he just won't. The not-so-subtle message was that the generals were right and that the President's "inaction"
was somehow out of line-since, after all, the generals have recommended more war. It was as if these people don't remember that
the President, sleazy War Criminal that he is, is still the Commander in Chief.
The Generals in the Pentagon always want war. It is how they make rank. All of those young kids that just graduated from our
various academies know that war experience is the only thing that will get them the advancement that they seek in the career that
they have chosen. They are champing at the bit for more war.
Finally, this Sunday every NFL Game will begin with some Patriotic "Honor America" Display, which will include a missing man
flyover, flags and fireworks, plenty of uniforms, wounded Vets and soon-to-be-wounded Vets. A giant American Flag will, once again,
cover the fields and hundreds of stupid young kids will rush down to their "Military Career Center" right after the game. These
are the ones that I pity most.
Let's be frank: powerful interests want war and subsequent puppet regimes in the half dozen nations that the neo-cons have been
eyeing (Iraq, Iran, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan). These interests surely include industries like banking, arms and oil-all of
whom make a killing on any war, and would stand to do well with friendly governments who could finance more arms purchases and
will never nationalize the oil.
So, the same PR campaign that started with Bush and Cheney continues-the exact same campaign. Obviously, they have to come
back at the apple with variations, but any notion that the "media will get it someday" is willfully ignorant of the obvious fact
that there is an agenda, and that agenda just won't stop until it's achieved-or revolution supplants the influence of these dark
IanB52, 10 October 2014 6:57pm
The US media are indeed working overtime to get this war happening. When I'm down at the gym they always have CNN on (I can
only imagine what FOX is like) which is a pretty much dyed in the wool yellow jingoist station at this point. With all the segments
they dedicate to ISIS, a new war, the "imminent" terrorist threat, they seem to favor talking heads who support a full ground
war and I have never, not once, heard anyone even speak about the mere possibility of peace. Not ever.
In media universe there
is no alternative to endless war and an endless stream of hyped reasons for new killing.
I'd imagine that these media companies have a lot stock in and a cozy relationship with the defense contractors.
Damiano Iocovozzi, 10 October 2014 7:04pm
10 October 2014 10:20pm
The media machine is a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States of Corporations. The media doesn't report on anything but
relies on repeating manufactured crises, creating manufactured consent & discussing manufactured solutions. Follow the oil, the
pipelines & the money. Both R's & D's are left & right cheeks of the same buttock. Thanks to Citizens United & even Hobby Lobby,
a compliant Supreme Court, also owned by United States of Corporations, it's a done deal.
Oh, the greatest propaganda arm the US government has right now, bar none, is the American media. It's disgraceful. we no longer
have journalists speaking truth to power in my country, we have people practicing stenography, straight from the State Department
to your favorite media outlet.
Let me give you one clear example. A year ago Barack Obama came very close to bombing Syria to
kingdom come, the justification used was "Assad gassed his own people", referring to a sarin gas attack near Damascus. Well, it
turns out that Assad did not initiate that attack, discovered by research from many sources including the prestigious MIT, it
was a false flag attack planned by Turkey and carried out by some of Obama's own "moderate rebels".
But all that research from
MIT, from the UN, and others, has been buried by the American media, and every single story on Syria and Assad that is written
still refers to "Assad gassing his own people". It's true, it's despicable, and it's just one example of how our media lies and
distorts and misrepresents the news every day.
"... Warren could have easily gone either way, succumbing to the emotive demands of the Never Trump mob. She instead opted to stick to the traditional progressive position on undeclared war, even if it meant siding with the president. ..."
"... Bravo Congressman Khanna. And to those progs who share his sympathies with those of us who have consistently opposed US military adventurism. Howard Dean's comments that American troops should take a bullet in support of "women's rights" in Afghanistan (!) only underscores why he serves as comic relief and really should consider wearing tassels and bells. ..."
"... Trump – and Bernie – put their fingers on the electoral zeitgeist in 2016: the oligarchy is out of control, its servants in Washington have turned their backs on the middle class, and we need to stop getting into stupid, needless wars. ..."
"... "Principles", LOL? What principles? When have Democrats ever not campaigned on a "bring them home, no torture, etc" peace platform and then governed on a deep state neocon foreign policy, with entitlements to drone anyone on earth in Obama's case? At least horrible neocon Republicans are honest enough to say what they believe when they run. ..."
"... Hillary was full hawk. It was Trump who said he was less hawkish. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to that either. But Democrats can't go hawkish in response. They already were the hawks. ..."
When President Donald Trump announced in December that he wanted an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, there was
more silence and opposition from the Left than approval. The 2016 election's highest-profile progressive, Senator Bernie Sanders,
said virtually nothing at the time. The 2018 midterm election's Left celeb, former congressman Beto O'Rourke, kept mum too. The 2004
liberal hero, Howard Dean, came out against troop withdrawals,
saying they would damage women's rights
The liberal news outlet on which Warren made her statement, MSNBC, which had already been sounding more like Fox News circa 2003,
warned that withdrawal from Syria could hurt national security. The left-leaning news channel has even made common cause with Bill
Kristol and other neoconservatives in its shared opposition to all things Trump.
Maddow herself has not only vocally opposed the president's decision, but has become arguably more popular than ever with liberal
viewers by peddling
wild-eyed anti-Trump conspiracy theories worthy of Alex Jones. Reacting to one of her cockamamie theories, progressive journalist
Glenn Greenwald tweeted , "She is Glenn Beck
standing at the chalkboard. Liberals celebrate her (relatively) high ratings as proof that she's right, but Beck himself proved that
nothing produces higher cable ratings than feeding deranged partisans unhinged conspiracy theories that flatter their beliefs."
The Trump derangement that has so enveloped the Left on everything, including foreign policy, is precisely what makes Democratic
presidential candidate Warren's Syria withdrawal position so noteworthy. One can safely assume that Sanders, O'Rourke, Dean, MSNBC,
Maddow, and many of their fellow progressive travelers' silence on or resistance to troop withdrawal is simply them gauging what
their liberal audiences currently want or will accept.
Warren could have easily gone either way, succumbing to the emotive demands of the Never Trump mob. She instead opted to stick
to the traditional progressive position on undeclared war, even if it meant siding with the president.
... ... ...
Jack Hunter is the former political editor of Rare.us and co-authored the 2011 book The Tea Party Goes to Washington with
Senator Rand Paul.
2019 at 10:36 pm
Only a crushing defeat and massive casualties on the battlefield will cause ANY change in foreign policy by either party.
PAX , says:
2019 at 10:45 pm
The antiwar movement is not a "liberal" movement. Hundreds of mainly your people addressed the San Francisco board of supervisors
asking them to condemn an Israeli full-fledged attack on Gaza. When they were finished, without objection from one single supervisor,
the issued was tabled and let sink permanently in the Bay, never to be heard of again. Had the situation been reversed and Israel
under attack there most probably would have been a resolution in nanoseconds. Maybe even half the board volunteering to join the
IDF? People believed Trump would act more objectively. That is why he got a lot of peace votes. What AIPAC wants there is a high
probability our liberal politicians will oblige quickly and willingly. Who really represents America remains a mystery?
Donald , says:
2019 at 11:40 pm
"That abiding hatred will continue to play an outsized and often illogical role in determining what most Democrats believe about
polistra , says:
2019 at 2:18 am
True, but the prowar tendency with mainstream liberals ( think Clintonites) is older than that. The antiwar movement among
mainstream liberals died the instant Obama entered the White House. And even before that Clinton and Kerry and others supported
the Iraq War. I think this goes all the way back to Gulf War I, and possibly further. Democrats were still mostly antiwar to some
degree after Vietnam and they also opposed Reagan's proxy wars in Central America and Angola. Some opposed the Gulf War, but it
seemed a big success at the time and so it became centrist and smart to kick the Vietnam War syndrome and be prowar. Bill Clinton
has his little war in Serbia, which was seen as a success and so being prowar became the centrist Dem position. Obama was careful
to say he wasn't antiwar, just against dumb wars. Gore opposed going into Iraq, but on technocratic grounds.
And in popular culture, in the West Wing the liberal fantasy President was bombing an imaginary Mideast terrorist country.
Showed he was a tough guy, but measured, unlike some of the even more warlike fictitious Republicans in that show. I remember
Toby Ziegler, one of the main characters, ranting to his pro diplomacy wife that we needed to go in and civilize those crazy Muslims.
So it isn't just an illogical overreaction to Trump, though that is part of it.
Won't happen. Gabbard is solid and sincere but she's not Hillary so she won't be the candidate. Hillary is the candidate forever.
If Hillary is too drunk to stand up, or too obviously dead, Kamala will serve as Hillary's regent.
ked_x , says:
2019 at 2:48 am
The problem isn't THAT Trump is pulling the troops out of Syria. The problem is HOW Trump is pulling the troops out of Syria.
The Left isn't fighting about 'keeping troops indefinitely in Syria' vs pulling troops out of Syria'. Its a fight over 'pulling
troops out in a way that makes it so that we don't have to go back in like Obama and Iraq' vs 'backing the reckless pull out Trump
is going to do'.
Kasoy , says:
2019 at 3:42 am
Will Democrats go full hawk?
Connecticut Farmer , says:
2019 at 8:47 am
For Democrats, everything depends on what the polls say, which issues seem important to get elected. They will say anything,
no matter how irrational & outrageously insane if the polls say Democrat voters like them. If American involvement in Syria, Iraq,
Afghanistan are less important according to the polls, Democratic 2020 hopefuls will not bother to focus on it.
For True Christian conservatives, everything depends on how issues line up to God's laws. Polls do not change what is morally
right, & what is morally evil.
"I am glad Donald Trump is withdrawing troops from Syria. Congress never authorized the intervention."
M. Orban , says:
2019 at 9:35 am
Bravo Congressman Khanna. And to those progs who share his sympathies with those of us who have consistently opposed US
military adventurism. Howard Dean's comments that American troops should take a bullet in support of "women's rights" in Afghanistan
(!) only underscores why he serves as comic relief and really should consider wearing tassels and bells.
Having grown up under communism, I learned that it is dangerous but inevitable that propagandists eventually come to believe their
Argon , says:
2019 at 11:23 am
Kasoy: "For True Christian conservatives, everything depends on how issues line up to God's laws. Polls do not change what is
morally right, & what is morally evil."
Dave , says:
2019 at 12:53 pm
I think that needs the trademark symbol, i.e True Christians™
What do True Scotsmen do?
Recent suggests that more Christian Identity Politics will not keep us out of unwise wars.
Dave , says:
2019 at 1:19 pm
The Second Coming of Jack Hunter. Given his well-documented views on race, it's no surprise he's all in on Trump. That surely
outweighs Trump's massive spending and corruption that most true libertarians oppose.
EarlyBird , says:
2019 at 3:04 pm
Trump – and Bernie – put their fingers on the electoral zeitgeist in 2016: the oligarchy is out of control, its servants in
Washington have turned their backs on the middle class, and we need to stop getting into stupid, needless wars.
Erin , says:
2019 at 3:11 pm
Of course, the left would come out against puppies and sunshine if Trump came out for those things.
But if they are smart, they'd recognize that on war, or his lack of interest in starting new wars, even the broken Trump clock
has been right twice a day.
The flip side of this phenomenon is that so many Republican voters supported Trump's withdrawal from Syria. Had it been Obama
withdrawing the troops, I suspect 80-90% of Republicans would have opposed the withdrawal.
Andrew , says:
2019 at 5:14 pm
This does show that Republicans are listening to Trump more than Lindsey Graham or Marco Rubio on foreign policy. But once
Trump leaves office, I fear the party will swing back towards the neocons.
"Principles", LOL? What principles? When have Democrats ever not campaigned on a "bring them home, no torture, etc" peace
platform and then governed on a deep state neocon foreign policy, with entitlements to drone anyone on earth in Obama's case?
At least horrible neocon Republicans are honest enough to say what they believe when they run.
Mark Thomason , says:
2019 at 11:23 am
Dopey Trump campaigned on something different and has now surrounded himself with GOP hawks, probably because he's lazy and
doesn't know any better.
Bernie, much like Ron Paul was, 180 degrees away, is the only one who might do different if he got into office, and the rate
the left is going he may very well be the nominee.
Hillary was full hawk. It was Trump who said he was less hawkish. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to that either. But Democrats can't
go hawkish in response. They already were the hawks.
The least bad comment on Democrats is that everyone in DC is a hawk, not just them.
The CIA is conspiring with ISIS commanders in northeastern Syria supplying them with fake documents
and then transferring them to Iraq, according to reports in Turkish pro-government media.
2,000 ISIS members were questioned in the areas of Kesra, Buseira, al-Omar and Suwayr in Deir Ezzor
province and at least 140 of them then received fake documents. Some of the questioned terrorists
were then moved to the camps of al-Hol, Hasakah and Rukban, which are controlled by US-backed
forces. The CIA also reportedly created a special facility near Abu Khashab with the same purpose.
Israeli, French and British special services are reportedly involved.
An interesting observation is that the media of the country, which in the previous years of
war, used to conspire with ISIS allowing its foreign recruits to enter Syria and buying smuggled
oil from the terrorists, has now become one of the most active exposers of the alleged US ties with
Another issue often raised in Turkish media is the poor humanitarian situation in the refugee
camps controlled by US-backed forces. These reports come in the course of other revelations.
According to the International Rescue Committee, about 100 people, mostly children, died in combat
zones or in the al-Hol camp controlled by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces just recently.
In its turn, the Russian Defense Ministry released a series of satellite images revealing the
horrifying conditions in the al-Rukban camp. The imagery released on March 12 shows at least 670
graves, many of them fresh, close to the camp's living area. The tents and light constructions used
to settle refugees are also located in a close proximity to large waste deposits.
A joint statement by the Russian and Syrian Joint Coordination Committees for Repatriation of
Syrian Refugees said that refugees in al-Rukban are suffering from a lack of water, food,
medication and warm clothing, which is especially important during winter. According to the
statement, members of the US-backed armed group Maghawir al-Thawra disrupt water deliveries to the
camp, using this as a bargaining chip for blackmailing and profiteering purposes.
Tensions are once again growing between Syria and Israel. Earlier in March, Syrian Deputy
Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad submitted an official letter to the head of the United Nations Truce
Supervision Organization (UNTSO) Kristin Lund that Damascus "will not hesitate to confront Israel"
if it continues refusing to withdraw from the Golan Heights.
Israeli media and officials responded with a new round of allegations that Hezbollah is
entrenching in southern Syria therefore justifying a further militarization of the Golan Heights.
Zachary Smith , Mar 10, 2019 9:11:43 PM |
How do US courts value lives. It seems to depend on "who did it". In the case of Syria,
the sum is a very large one.
U.S. Court Finds Syria
Responsible for Killing American Journalist Marie Colvin
A federal judge in Washington, D.C. has ordered the Syrian government to pay $302
million in damages for the murder of journalist Marie Colvin in a 2012 artillery
strike. The decision, issued on Wednesday, marks the first time in the seven-year conflict
that a court has declared Syrian forces loyal to the government of President Bashar
al-Assad responsible for deliberately attacking civilians.
Then there is the case of Iran's destruction of the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001.
US judge: Iran must pay $6bn to victims of 9/11 attacks
Iran is ordered to pay "$12,500,000 per spouse, $8,500,000 per parent, $8,500,000 per
child, and $4,250,000 per sibling" to the families and estates of the deceased, court
A 4.96 annual interest rate will also be applied to the amount, starting from September
11, 2001 to the date of the judgement.
I'm mentioning this because of a story I saw on a blog operated by the son of America's
Most Famous Jewish Orthodox Author. The fellow was gloating about the apartheid Jewish state
"...cutting terror salaries from Palestinian Authority taxes..."
The guy's smug satisfaction gave me an idea. What If the US of A chose a number somewhere
between the "life value" of Marie Colvin and the values assigned to the 9/11 victims, and
subtracted the money from the 'allowance" given to the apartheid Jewish state. Every time
they murder a Palestinian, they lose XX million dollars. Naturally the same thing would apply
to times Palestinians murder one of their occupiers.
Or is it "anti-semitic" to even compare God's Most Favorite Thieves and Murderers with the
subhuman creatures they're trampling underfoot?
weak a president has Donald Trump become? For an illustration, see a terrific Washington
Post article on the
foreign-policy decision-making process since John Bolton became Trump's national security
adviser. Or, rather, the absence of anything resembling a process.
As Heather Hurlburt
pointed out when Bolton took the job, he's ill-suited for it. Bolton is a policy advocate,
not the honest broker that the position calls for. That's a particular problem for Trump.
Because the president is inexperienced in national-security matters, he doesn't know whether
Bolton is speaking for the experts on a policy question or just advocating for his own
preferences. Because Trump knows little about the executive branch, Bolton can use his
bureaucratic skills to advance his own agenda -- including impeding Trump's plan to withdraw
U.S. troops from Syria.
This isn't to say that Bolton's policies are necessarily wrong; that's for others to judge.
But it creates a real problem for the presidency when top advisers are looking out for their
own interests and not the president's.
On this point, Ronald Reagan's administration is instructive. By all accounts, Reagan was
more informed about policy than Trump is. He was also a pragmatic politician, capable of
compromising or even backing down entirely when it was in his interests. Reagan's weakness,
however, was that he could be curiously passive at times, and (like many presidents) too easily
swayed by anecdotes. That meant he needed high-level staffers who could serve as honest
brokers. His first-term chief of staff, James Baker, allowed him to make good decisions.
Baker's replacement, Donald Regan, failed to do so. Partly as a result, Reagan's presidency had
almost completely collapsed by the time Regan was fired amid the Iran-Contra scandal.
Syria's Permanent Representative at the UN, Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari, said that Western states,
particularly the United States, are working to prolong the crisis in Syria by investing in
terrorism, stressing that a military resolution in Idleb is inevitable if the political efforts
to implement the Sochi agreement fail.
In an interview given to Al-Mayadeen TV channel on Friday, al-Jaafari said that US President
Donald Trump has said more than once that his country's forces which occupy parts of Syrian
territory will withdraw from them, but this hasn't happened yet because his administration
wants to continue investing in terrorism in Syria and Iraq in order to carry out its agenda in
the region in collusion with Turkey and militias in the Syrian al-Jazeera area.
He said that the so-called international coalition which Washington created without Security
Council approval continues to support Daesh (ISIS), as it has transported leaders and members
of the terrorist organization more than once, with the latest chapter in the US cooperation
with Daesh involved a deal with the terrorists by which Washington received tens of tons of
gold in exchange for allowing Daesh leaders and members to leave areas in Deir Ezzor, with US
army helicopters transporting the gold under cover of night.
Al-Jaafari said that terrorism is used as a tool by its sponsors and financers, and from
time to time they recycle it to utilize it in one area or another, as proven by the incident
when Algerian authorities arrested hundreds of terrorists on its borders with Nigeria, and
after interrogating the terrorists it was revealed that they had come from Aleppo's
countryside, wondering who transported these terrorists from Syria to the Algerian-Nigerian
Syria's Representative said that since the beginning of the crisis, the Turkish regime has
been facilitating the transit of terrorists through its territories and into Syria, sponsoring
all sorts of international terrorists from all over the world.
He added that the Turkish regime has yet to implement its commitments as per the Sochi
agreement regarding the removal of terrorist organizations from the de-escalation zone in
Idleb, stressing that a military resolution in Idleb is inevitable if the political efforts to
implement the Sochi agreement fail.
Regarding the situation in al-Rukban camp, al-Jaafari said that two humanitarian corridors
have been opened at the outskirts of al-Tanf area on February 16th by Syria and Russia to
evacuate the displaced people being detained in the camp.
He said that Western states are not comfortable with any objective effort carried out by UN
envoys to Syria, and they always pester them at the Security Council when they make statements
by making preconditions and objections to pressure them to act outside their mission.
Al-Jaafari said that the current UN envoy Geir Pedersen understands his role correctly,
which is why Syria is ready to cooperate with him to help carry out his task of facilitating
intra-Syrian dialogue led and owned by Syria in order to move forward along the political
He concluded by asserting that Syria always has and always will view the Palestinian cause
as the central cause, adding that all that is happening in the region seeks to liquidate this
cause, and that the Warsaw conference came to achieve this end, in addition to normalizing
relations between the Israeli enemy and certain Arab regimes.
March 1, 2019 at 11:34 pm
OPCW released it's report on Douma 2018: https://www.opcw.org/sites/default/files/documents/2019/03/s-1731-2019%28e%29.pdf
March 1, 2019 at 11:49 pm
Tl;dr: two cylinders were likely dropped from up high and probably released chlorine which
poisoned an unknown number of people.
Remarkably little damage suffered by such cylinders dropped from on high.
Likewise th Byk missile, which was also remarkably found near intact where the aeroplane
it allegedly downed eventually crashed and broke up.
March 2, 2019 at 9:40 am
"dropped from up high" – gosh, the technical terminology scientists use makes their
reports difficult to follow. Naturally only Assad possessed the capability to drop something
from up high, so it must have been him.
March 2, 2019 at 11:19 am
I also note the report says some guy who was not from the hospital ran in shouting
"Chemical! Chemical!", whereupon others started grabbing people and washing them, and that
the alleged victims did not present as victims of a chemical attack.
But I daresay the press will conclude this is irrefutable proof that a chemical attack
occurred in Douma and that Assad – backed by the Russians – was responsible.
"dropped from up high" is in the 1 to 2 meter range, I would say.
"... The Puppet show display by Pence & Pompeo to rap Europeans over the knuckles for everything from not exiting the Iran Nuclear deal to not stopping the Nordstream pupeline & trying to contain Hiawei is blowing up in the Trump Administration's faces as these so called Allies or Vassals of the American Empire are refusing to tow the line? ..."
"... A failure for US oligarchy foreign policy is a win for the US and the rest of the world. ..."
KiwiAntz , February 20, 2019 at 6:31 am
The "Exceptional Nation" has now become the "Detestable Nation"!
The Puppet show display
by Pence & Pompeo to rap Europeans over the knuckles for everything from not exiting the
Iran Nuclear deal to not stopping the Nordstream pupeline & trying to contain Hiawei is
blowing up in the Trump Administration's faces as these so called Allies or Vassals of the
American Empire are refusing to tow the line?
Trump has alienated & disgusted it's
Allies, so much that they can now see how deranged, unworkable & destructive is the
Americans Foreign Policy & its bankrupt disfunctional , delusional Policies?
ridiculous, irrational & pathological hatred for Iran has shown that the US is the main
Terrorist Nation on Earth not Iran who has never invaded anyone unlike the hypocritical US
Meanwhile in Sochi, the real Diplomacy for peace is taking place with Russia, Iran,
Turkey & Syria having won the War against the US Empire & its cowardly, crony white
helmeted, ragtag bunch of proxy Army misfits made up of Israel, ISIS, SDF & the Kurds now
scurrying out of the Country like rats leaving a sinking ship!
And what was really laughable
about VP Pences speech in Warsaw was the defeating silence to the pauses in that speech
expecting people to clap on demand which never happened?
How embarrassing & really showed
the lack of respect & utter contempt that everyone has for America these days!
Sam F, February 20, 2019 at 12:32 pm
A failure for US oligarchy foreign policy is a win for the US and the rest of the world.
Let's hope we see the end of NATO as an excuse for US bully tyrants to "defend" us with greedy aggression.
Perhaps that will lead to strengthening the UN and isolating it from the economic power of US tyrants.
The UN would be far stronger if it taxed its members instead of begging for support, on pain of embargo by all members, and
monitored for corrupt influence.
SouthFront , Feb 18, 2019 10:31:38 PM |
US-led Coalition Evacuated ISIS Gold From Euphrates Valley – Report
Charles Shoebridge , Feb 18, 2019 3:34:25 PM |
Syria Chemical Weapons Used... But Used by Whom?
Given the gravity of this claim and its consequences, as well as a recent history of
unevidenced assertions based on inaccurate intelligence being used to justify involvement in
foreign wars, how does the evidence in the latest assertion stack up?
"... This is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Trump will have to meet with Assad (following in the footsteps of the hated Tulsi Gabbard) to declare an end to the policy of regime change in Syria. Another Peace Prize for sure, following his ending of the Korean War. Which leaves us with the question, "Who is the most dangerous man in the United States today?" ..."
"... Rubio is batsh*t nuts. God knows what goes through his head. God forbid he should become President. ..."
- The 200 soldiers left in the north as part of an international contingent will be there to act as a tripwire to keep the Turks
with their armored army and strong air force from simply butchering the SDF Kurds whom the Turks regard as the enemies of their
- The 200 at al-Tanf will remain in place for the purpose of blocking the shortest Damascus-Baghdad-Iran land route. This reflects
the continuing policy of the US government of seeking regime change in Syria. This policy's effect is clear in the utterances
of the Borg (foreign policy establishment) concerning the defeat of the IS caliphate and the other rebel; riff-raff around the
country. How? Simple! If you listen to the Borg, you will easily be led to believe that the forces of the Syrian
government have done very little to liberate their country. In fact the opposite is true.
- "A lot of people like that idea." I am sure that they do. Lindsay Graham has said and done a lot of good things since
his office wife died but in the matter of Middle East policy he remains as goofy and conditioned by the Israelis as he and John
John ever were. Do the Borgists think that they will slowly ratchet up the number of soldiers engaged in the "Syria
Problem?" Yes, the Borgists and the generals are sure they can pull that off.
- One little problem for the Borgists and generals is the hard surface road that runs through Palmyra to Deir al-Zor to Abu
Kamil to Baghdad and thence to Iran. Will the Iraqi government and militias allow the US to block that road as well?
James Thomas ,
2 days ago
I am dismayed by the fact that the Borg always wins. I think Trump really wanted to pull out of Syria, which the Syrian people
would very much appreciate and which would allow them to start to rebuild their country - but it gets delayed long enough for
this "we are going to leave 400 troops behind to be augmented by a couple of thousand European troops".
Chris Chuba ,
17 hours ago
The Syrian's are not going
to get their country back. That is too bad - I really like the Syrians.
The 400 troops matter as a means to hurt the SAR. It can prevent / delay reconciliation between the Kurds and the Syrian govt
by giving the Kurds some reassurance that the U.S. supports their autonomy.
Eugene Owens ,
2 days ago
I hate that we are playing the spoiler and sitting
their oil fields. They can use that revenue to rebuild their country but since we don't live there we can play games like that.
If we attempt to block the Baghdad/AbuKamal/DeZ/Palmyra Road the Iraqi government will undoubtedly tell us to leave their country
- where that "very powerful base" is that Trump mentions. Then we lose some of the immediate air support for those 400
troops in Syria.
John Waddell ,
a day ago
We are however in a position to observe that road. And maybe pass on info to Netanyahu of likely IRGC convoys.
I suspect that keeping the SAA out of Syria east of the Euphrates is at least as important to the US as stopping the Turks kill
Eugene Owens ->
John Waddell ,
a day ago
Colonel, do you have a view on how many 'irregulars' there would be in there supporting those stay behind US troops? Also,
how do you think the US will react if/when Idlib finally gets hit?
John W -
John Waddell ,
a day ago
SDF has in the past been estimated to be 60,000. But some of the Arab elements, such as Liwa Thuwwar al-Raqqa a former FSA
unit, had already left the SDF last year. And many more Arab tribal units in the SDF are being actively proselytized by Assad's
government to return to the fold, And undoubtedly Erdogan's MIT is trying the same with Syrian Turcomans in the Seljuk Brigade.
And many of those 60,000 numbers are non-deployable village protection forces - teenagers, old men, and women manning checkpoints.
The Kurdish YPG is the biggest element with perhaps 25,000 fighters.
The Christian Syriac Military Council has perhaps 3000 plus.
The al-Sanadid Forces of the Arab Shammar tribe claims to have 4,500. Many smaller Arab tribal militias, but I have no clue of
their numbers or whether they wish to stay in the SDF once the so-called caliphate gets reduced down to sleeper cells.
BTW Idlib has been getting hit hard with artillery and airstrikes for several weeks. Just in the past 24 hours both the Syrian
military and the Russian Air Force have hit Saraqeb, Jisr al-Shugour, Maarat al-Numan, Jarjanaz, al-Tah, Tamaniyah, Khan Sheikoun,
and other smaller locations in Idlib.
Remember the original support offered to the YPG/SDF was limited to 50 Green Berets. 200 is more than enough to advise and support
those forces now that IS is more or less licked.
2 days ago
I don't think there are "irreguIars" other than the YPG/SDF forces.
What do you think counts as 400 soldiers? Would this include SF, contractors/mercenaries or just Army/Marines? There seems to
have become something of a grey area about soldiers who are on the Army payroll and contractors who were but are now funded by
a more indirect route but may be performing the same function.
Bill Herschel ,
2 days ago
This is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Trump will have to meet with Assad (following in the footsteps of the hated
Tulsi Gabbard) to declare an end to the policy of regime change in Syria. Another Peace Prize for sure, following his ending of
the Korean War. Which leaves us with the question, "Who is the most dangerous man in the United States today?"
Rubio is batsh*t nuts. God knows what goes through his head. God forbid he should become President. He gets my
vote. Bolton, etc. As nuts for sure, but they aren't President nor will they be.
barovsky , Feb 20, 2019
10:02:04 AM |
Circe , Feb 20, 2019 10:27:36 AM |
I see someone f'd up the thread with their link making it impossible for the rest to read or
comment so I'll write this and move on. The U.S. ruled by Zionist Trump already has what it
wants: despite Russia and Syria calling the shots, not so much, since the U.S. has chaos it
can control indefinitely several ways and with money. The U.S. tried to pull the same dirty
business in Iraq but it didn't work out so well. Leaving a country it attacks in a weakened,
chaotic state is a Zionist tactic. Zionists have been using this strategy against the
Palestinians for decades pitting Hamas against Fatah and vice versa. The Kurds are blinded by
U.S. money and weapons that leave them in a holding catch-22 pattern. Unless they take a leap
of faith accepting the best possible option they will never be free of US pawn-limbo.
Why didn't you bring up the fact that Trump bragged he stopped Russia, Syria and Iran from
killing 3 million people in Idleb therefore deserves the Nobel prize? Trump's bullshet aptly
represents how dirty and scheming the U.S. behave in battle, every day more and more like
their chickenshit Zionist brethren they love so much and are morphing into.
They leave muck and destruction wherever they intervene for humanitarian
Trump didn't save Idleb from anything; it's just a chaos they want to control, a muck they
want Assad and Russia to perpetually get stuck in. The U.S. claims Iran is a supporter of
terrorism? There are no greater supporters of terrorism than shithole Israel and the dumb
hee-haw donkey it rides, the U.S. Two thoroughly depraved patrons of terrorism using Kurds
and Syrians with pipe dreams that never materialize cause these patrons of misfortune only
care for AmerikkanZionist domination.
They don't give shet about brown bearded, turbaned tools and their kin. Reality check!
Yes, that's how they really view their loyal pawns! The prouder they are to fight with the
U.S. the easier they are to use and abuse indefinitely. The only way for these people to be
free is to screw the Zio strategy by smoking the peace pipe with the real enemy of the U.S.,
no not the terrorists, but Russia, Iran and Syria in this case.
If everyone made friends with the enemy of the AZEmpire they would be free from decades of
battle-misery and servitude and be able to live normal lives. Not perfect lives; as there
will always be squabbles, but normal lives.
karlof1 , Feb 19, 2019 4:08:14 PM |
Munich SC Q&A In response to (assumed) Washington Post reporter, Lavrov
provides the following comparison in policy:
"Addressing a news conference in Sochi President Putin said clearly that we could not put
up with "this hotbed of terrorism" forever. How to solve this problem is a question we should
put to the military. I am confident that they will do it differently from how the terrorists
were being destroyed in Raqqa, where bodies of peaceful civilians and mines are still lying
in the open, with no one to attend to them. But it is the military that should draw up a plan
in keeping with international humanitarian law requirements.
"Of course, everyone can interpret international humanitarian law in his own way. As
Belgrade was being bombed, the targets were a train moving on a bridge, or a television
centre, and this was also regarded as normal. But we don't intend to follow these sorts of
international humanitarian law interpretations."
Ouch! Perhaps the WaPost scribe felt a pang in his conscious. The next exchange clearly
shows Lavrov's feelings after years of total bullshit:
"Question: Elaborating on what The Washington Post correspondent has said, I would like to
ask the following. Since Russia is a guarantor of security in Syria, can you guarantee that
the Assad regime will stop threatening the region and will end its atrocities against its own
"Sergey Lavrov: No matter what I say in reply, you will write what you want. So, go on,
write what you want."
It continues, and Lavrov decides to parry then provide a fatal thrust:
"Question: The Russian government attempted to interfere in the affairs of Greece and
North Macedonia, pandering to the nationalist forces in these countries. How does this relate
to your statements on supporting the European Union?
"Sergey Lavrov: I will take up this question, although I could answer it in the same way
as I did with the previous question.
"Russia has been accused of interfering in the matter of changing Macedonia's name, but
these accusations have not been supported with any clear or reliable facts. Yesterday, I
talked with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and several other colleagues. Mr
Stoltenberg, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and some of the American colleagues, I believe
it was the US Defence Secretary – in all, five or six of the leading Western
politicians – visited Skopje and publicly urged the people to vote for changing the
republic's name in the referendum. They did this publicly and openly. Had we done one
hundredth of what they did, new sanctions would have been imposed on Russia. But these "first
class passengers" get away with anything.
"When Kosovo seceded [from Serbia] and unilaterally declared independence, which the
majority of Western countries recognised, we warned them about the possible consequences of
this. Now Pristina does what it wants....
"By the way, yesterday Prime Minister of Albania Edi Rama said openly in an interview with
a Greek newspaper that Kosovo is part of Albania. Well, you wanted it, you got it."
The text omitted via ellipsis is also rather important to read, some of which I included
while discussing this topic on the Open Thread. IMO, the ability of BigLie Media to have an
impact has dwindled to the point of being nil. But as Lavrov observes, EU leadership is
incapable of summoning the courage to demand a divorce and thus maintains a Clintonian Public
and Private Face that only serves to confirm the nth degree of hypocrisy being employed. On
Syria, the best possible things EU nations can do is end ALL their illegal sanctions,
withdrawal their military assets, and support the repatriation and reconstruction
SouthFront , Feb 18, 2019 5:02:33 PM |
Compromise With Terrorists In Idlib Is Impossible, They Must Be Eliminated: Russian
Deputy Foreign Minister
Russia's principled stance is that a compromise with terrorists in Syria's Idlib is
impossible and that they must be eliminated, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Vershinin said on
"Idlib is a serious problem, this is probably a major concentration of terrorists in
the region and maybe beyond its borders," he said on the sidelines of the discussion on the
Syrian settlement at the Munich Security Conference, according to TASS. "Our principled
stance is no to any compromise with terrorists, they must be eliminated."
Vershinin recalled that 90% of Idlib's territory is controlled by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham
(formerly Jabhat al-Nusra) terrorist group, which is excluded from the de-escalation
"It's impossible to say that we can make peace with Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists and
similar organizations," he said adding that Ankara, Teheran and Moscow will think about the
ways in order not to harm or put in danger the civilians.
Regarding the situation in northeastern Syria, the diplomat said that the dialogue between
the Kurds and the Damascus government will be the best solution.
"Various options were named of what can be done after or in case the US leaves Syria or
if there are no foreign forces in northeast Syria, which were also mentioned here. We believe
that probably the best option here would be solving these problems through dialogue between
the Kurds and Damascus," he said. "Certainly, we know about those problems which exist in
relations between Damascus and the Kurds. We would support this dialogue, this is the path
that should be chosen."
Kiza , Feb 18, 2019 4:17:53 PM |
I think that the Kurds are gegetting too much of everything, including attention. I know I
will read racist, but there is a very good reason why the Kurds never achieved autonomy
let alone a nation state throughout centuries . They are congenitally stupid and always
pick the worst option possible because on the surface it looks most attractive. In 2012, when
US (that is Israel) started mulling using YPG as the third tier anti-Syrian force, after ISIS
and Al Qaida, I wrote that Kurds are going to get shafted again in such an un-natural
alliance. It is an endless cycle in which the Israelis keep using the Kurds to destabilise
their Arab neighbors and let them down, rinse and repeat.
So here we are again, the Kurds were given control over Syrian oil by US and hopes of
statehood with even riches on top, to then be let down by the same "allies" for the one
thousandth time. Now they will drag on negotiations with the real owner of oil, trying to get
their state (with oil) within a state, and let two mutual enemies, Syria and Turkey, gang up
on them to solve the Kurdish problem that both states have (Iraq as well). Do not accuse only
the Kurdish leadership just to make it read non-racist, this is one whole "nation" that I
really do not fell sorry for. You need more proof how stupid they really are? They are asking
US to stay, still not having a faintest clue that the Israeli war on Syria has been lost and
what their own role in it has always been?
Syriana Analysis , Feb 18, 2019 4:19:17 PM |
Highlights of President Assad speech (17 February 2019)
SouthFront , Feb 18, 2019 4:52:18 PM |
Assad To U.S. Proxies: Nobody Will Protect You
SouthFront , Feb 18, 2019 4:57:43 PM |
Syria's President Bashar al-Assad warned on February 17 that the U.S. would not protect
those depending on it, in a clear hint to the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) which control
"We say to those groups who are betting on the Americans, the Americans will not
protect you The Americans will put you in their pockets so you can be tools in the barter,
and they have started with (it)," the Syrian President said while he was welcoming the heads
of local councils, according to Reuters.
Assad called on these US proxies to hand over their weapons to the army and join the
reconciliation process while stressing that this is the only way to "retreat from
"Nobody will protect you except your state If you do not prepare yourselves to defend
your country, you will be nothing but slaves to (Turkey)," he added.
U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw all U.S. troops from Syria revived
Turkey's plans to invade the northeastern part of the country. This forced the SDF to resume
its talks with Damascus. However, the Kurdish-dominated group made very high demands, such as
maintaining its independent military force.
Assad's warning may indicate that a deal between his government and the SDF has been still
not reached. Despite this, he appears to be confident that the U.S. will eventually carry on
with the withdrawal decision.
SDF Official: We Are Ready To Consider Deployment Of Egyptian Troops East Of Euphrates
Reuters , Feb 18, 2019 5:12:35 PM |
The Syrian Democratic Council (SDC) is ready to consider the deployment of Egyptian troops
in its areas east of the Euphrates River in order to prevent any attack by Turkey, Riad
Darar, a co-chairman of the Kurdish-dominated council told the Syrian Observatory for Human
Rights (SOHR) on February 17.
"We can coordinate with the Egyptian side to allow a deployment in eastern Euphrates,
they can have a presence there in many ways, we can agree on this," Darar said.
The SDC governs northeastern Syria with direct support from the US-led coalition. Turkey
began preparations to invade the entire region following President Donald Trump's decision to
withdraw all US troops from Syria.
Darar said that he understands that Turkey will not welcome any communication between them
and Egypt. However, he stressed that it is within their rights to communicate with any side
that could "protect their future," especially Egypt, who has historical ties with Syria.
"We always wanted to open an office [in Egypt] to maintain relations with the Ministry
of Foreign Affairs of Egypt We are ready to visit Egypt in anytime that would be suitable for
our Egyptian brothers," the Kurdish official added.
Egypt and several other Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia and the UAE, have been
working to counter Turkey's growing influence in Syria. However, it remains unclear if Cairo
is willing to deploy troops in the northeastern part of the country.
U.S. cannot back Syrian forces who align with Assad - U.S. commander
Jen , Feb 18, 2019 5:54:04 PM |
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The United States will have to sever its military assistance to the
Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) battling Islamic State if the fighters partner
with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad or Russia, a senior U.S. general said on Sunday.
Kiza @ 11: The main reason the Kurds have never achieved unity despite one of their number
having been the famous Salahuddin (Saladin) a thousand years ago is that they were never
really one ethnic group in the first place but rather several groups speaking related
Northwestern Iranian languages and dialects. The close linguistic relationship is the basis
for the various communities being lumped together as "Kurds".
Pnyx , Feb 18, 2019 7:02:58 PM |
Apart from their languages and dialects, there is not much else that really unites them.
Living in a similar environment and having a similar lifestyle and even culture because they
are neighbours doesn't count if all they've done in the past is fight each other.
I understand the Kurds have traditionally been Sunnis, Shi'a Muslims, Zoroastrians and
even Alevi Sufi believers and members of various esoteric faiths like Yazidism so they don't
even have a common set of religious beliefs.
"How many more Kurds will have to die until their leadership finally accepts that?"stonebird , Feb 19, 2019 6:21:25 AM |
The problem is they only accept facts. If they see u.s. troops leaving, then and only then
will they change their attitude.
It is clear that the US will continue to send arms to the Kurds Why? Simple, - 50% of US arms
in 2018 were sold to the ME. So continual conflict zones are "good" for business. Kurds.
Qatar, saudi's etc, are all willing "consumers"
Penny , Feb 19, 2019 7:44:16 AM |
The Russians (Lavrov) have accused the US of trying to set up a "mini-sate" in Syria east
of the Euphrates, with EU troops and others "supporting" their aim.
So - I no longer believe that there will be a pull-out from E. Syria- just a "war under
new management" sign.
incidentally it seems that the ISIS groups are "appearing" in Idlib. (ie. They are saved (or
buy their exit with Syrian Gold) and sent towards Turkey and then Turkey sends them to
Assad knows they will reject because they have no impetus to accept the offer. Assad speaks
quite harshly about the Kurdish usurpers- His language makes his stance very clear.
BuzzL , Feb 19, 2019 11:01:22 AM |
"From the beginning, you offered yourselves and the homeland (notice he does not say
your homeland?) for sale. I wouldn't say you offered your principles, because you had
none to begin with. You offered yourselves and the homeland for sale, and there was
demand for this kind of goods at the time, and you were paid handsomely and bought, but after
the new owners tried you out, and despite all the plastic surgery and improvements and
upgrading and modifications , you failed to achieve the required tasks, so they decided
to sell you at a discount after demand for you decreased in the international slave market,
but at a low price, and they won't find a buyer and they'll probably give you away for free,
and no-one will take you.
Assad is being brutally honest with the SDF aka PKK rebrand- Which is the reference to
plastic surgery and upgrades- He's clear that the land is not their homeland- It is the
"And no one will take you" This is a reference,to the fact that now the Kurds have made
themselves lepers in Iran & Turkey as well as in Syria (Peace talks between AKP and PKK
failed in 2013- the Syrian situation was undoubtedly a factor With the PKK thinking they'd
have leverage should they be able to annex Syrian territory all the way to the Med)
"But you were sold without the homeland , because the homeland has actual owners, not
thieves. The homeland has a people who view their homeland as their soul whose death would
mean their death, while brokers consider the homeland a commodity that they can replace if
it's gone after they pay the price. The homeland is like a soul; these are phrases you don't
understand the homeland is sacred; these are words whose meaning you don't know, because you
are cheap brokers who understand nothing but humiliation and disgrace and who deserve only
contempt and disdain."
Assad continues... The soil is not yours. You are not of the soil. The land or soil has
real owners who identify with this (true citizens of the land) A reference to the idea of
birthright and citizenship.
A solid old world view- when the world had some sense
"The homeland is like a soul" Beautiful.
"Cheap brokers who understand nothing but humiliation and disgrace and who deserve only
contempt and disdain." Accurate
The United States is asking Britain, France, Germany and other European allies to take
back over 800 ISIS fighters that we captured in Syria and put them on trial. The Caliphate is
ready to fall. The alternative is not a good one in that we will be forced to release them
William Bowles ,
Feb 19, 2019 11:45:14 AM |
-- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 17, 2019
"But They Are Dangerous!" European Leaders Shocked At Trump's ISIS Ultimatum
President of the United States of America who promissed to leave Syria (which he won't,
not NE and not Al Tanf) informed his European "allies" that the Daesh/IS scum rotting away in
SDF jails will soon be set free so they can return to Europe or Europe can voluntarely take
them back. So after years of indoctrination committing the most heinous crimes to further
Zionist, US and Saudi interests these battle hardened terrorists are forced onto Europe by
president US Trump.
Why not make room in that stolen land Guantanamo Bay? Why not move them to their Saudi
ideological friends? Or have them set on trial in Syria or Iraq? Even if they're incarcerated
in Europe, it's not that they will keep their extreme crazy ideologies to themselves. Daesh
itself was nurtured in Iraqi jail cell's.
US president Donald Trump knows perfectly well his insideous plan not only sows division
but knows these religious fanatics will launch a new avalanche of terrorist attacks
throughout Europe. Trump is not only at war with China and Russia but also with Europe.
bevin | Feb 19, 2019 11:28:40 AM | 49
juliania , Feb 19, 2019 1:49:29 PM |
Balkanisation. Yugoslavia is a perfect example and going back a few years, Biafra in
Nigeria. Mini-states have no power, above all, no armies! It was the plan for Iraq and the
I could not find a transcript of Assad's speech, but I do
think your interpretation is wrong. I went to the Syrian
site b linked to, and there are quotations there that do
not sound like a slur on the Syrian Kurds as a community
but rather on those who oppose the government:
"...President al-Assad said that today, terrorism is suffering
defeats in one area after the other, and security is being
restored to millions of Syrians in liberated areas, adding
"with every inch that is liberated, there is an enemy that
is thwarted, and with every inch that is cleansed there is
an agent and a traitor and a mercenary who complains. Why
do they complain? According to their statements, they
complain because their sponsors failed them...today and in
the future, we must realize the fact that the war was between
us Syrians [including Kurds] and terrorists exclusively. We
triumph together, not against each other."
He further states, without naming any group directly, that
"...they have a choice: to be masters in their own land, or
slaves and pawns in the hand of occupiers."
To me that latter statement is that the Syrian Kurds (as
do Chechnyans in Russia) have the choice to be masters
in their own land, which does not sound a bad choice to me.
Jerry , Feb 18, 2019 2:34:45 PM |
A French colonel who led an artillery group in the fight against ISIS
criticized the U.S. way of fighting that war:
Colonel Francois-Regis Legrier, who has been in charge of directing French artillery
supporting Kurdish-led groups in Syria since October, said the coalition's focus had been
on limiting its own risks and this had greatly increased the death toll among civilians
and the levels of destruction.
Several times during the last months bad weather prevented the use of aerial
bombing and artillery fire against ISIS. The terrorists always used these pauses to
counterattack. The poorly armed and led Kurdish/Arab SDF suffered a lot of casualties
because of these. The colonel opines that a well armed professional ground force would have
shortened the conflict with less casualties and much less damage.
"Yes, the Battle of Hajin was won, at least on the ground but by refusing ground
engagement, we unnecessarily prolonged the conflict and thus contributed to increasing
the number of casualties in the population," Mr Legrier wrote in an article in the
National Defence Review.
" We have massively destroyed the infrastructure and given the population a disgusting
image of what may be a Western-style liberation leaving behind the seeds of an imminent
resurgence of a new adversary ," he said, in rare public criticism by a serving
The original essay by the soon to be former colonel was taken down from the web. It is
available in French on page 65 of this pdf .
It is still not clear if or when the U.S. forces will leave northeast Syria. President
Trump had asked Turkey to take over the area but Syria, Russia, Iran and the Kurdish forces
the U.S. used as proxies against ISIS are against this. A U.S. attempt to recruit British,
German or French forces to occupy the area failed.
The Syrian ground must obviously be turned back to the Syrian government. The Kurdish
forces, controlled by the anarcho-marxist PKK/YPG which Turkey and others designate as
terrorists, use their current position to demand political autonomy in the area they now
control. The Syrian government is strongly against this. Any federalization of Syria would
be the beginning of its end.
Yesterday the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad offered a compromise to the Kurds. In
a speech in front of the heads
of local councils he announced local council elections and the decentralization of some
political decisions. The required law 107 is already in place but its implementation was
held up by the war:
[Assad] said that the essence of the local administration law is achieving balance in
development across all areas by giving local administrative units the authority to
develop their areas in terms of economy, urban development, culture, and services ,
thereby improving citizens' living conditions by launching projects, providing job
opportunities, and providing services locally, particularly in remote areas.
President al-Assad said it is no longer practical to manage the affairs of the society
and state and achieved balanced development in the same centralized way that had been
used for decades, noting that the population of Syria in 1971 when the previous law was
issued was around 7 million, while the population in 2011 when law 107 was issued had
reached around 22 million.
That the implementation of elected local administrations is offered now is a clear sign
to the Kurds that they can get some autonomy but not the wide ranging one that they ask
for. While they can have local elections, councils and administrations as all other areas
will have, there will be no separate armed force, police of judicative in Kurdish majority
Several times over the war the Kurds overreached, made too large demands and lost
because of it. Turkey took the Afrin area and the Kurdish population had to flee because
the Kurdish leadership did not want the Syrian army to take over control. In a later part
of the speech Assad again addressed the Kurds without specifically naming them. He
"The Americans will not protect you you will be a bargaining chip in their pocket along
with the dollars they have, and they have already started bargaining. If you don't
prepare yourselves to defend your country, you will be mere slaves for the Ottomans. Only
your state will protect you and only the Syrian Arab Army will defend you when you join
it and fight under its banner.
"When we stand in one position and in the same trench, face a single enemy, and aim in
the same direction instead of aiming at each other, there will be no worry of any threat
no matter how big, His Excellency said.
President al-Assad said the time has come for those groups to decide how history will
judge them, and that they have a choice: to be masters in their own land, or slaves and
pawns in the hand of occupiers.
The offer is quite clear and the consequences of not accepting it would be harsh. The
Kurds and the area they hold must come back under Syrian government control or Turkey will
grab it and will put the Kurds under its boots. The pigheadedness of their leadership could
easily lead to that. In his speech Assad already predicts that they will reject his offer
before - maybe - accepting it.
"As you noticed, I will not name these groups, but as usual, for a few hours or maybe for
a few days, they will issue statements attacking this speech, then you will know who I'm
talking about," he added.
A few hours after Assad's speech the Kurdish commander of the SDF was again begging the
U.S. to keep 1,500 of its troops there.
Mazloum Kobani, commander-in-chief of the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF),
called on international coalition allies to keep 1,000-1,500 troops in Syria.
"We would like to have air cover, air support and a force on the ground to coordinate
with us," Kobani told reporters at an undisclosed airbase in northeast Syria, Reuters
It is very unlikely that Trump will change his position. The U.S. troops will leave.
Only the Syrian government can give the Kurds the protection they need.
How many more Kurds will have to die until their leadership finally accepts that? To the
Wake up dummy as ISIS is C$IA, Mo$$$ad, Deep State.
Go back to France and join the yellow vests. Arrest the Roth$child family, Soros and the
other dual citizen banksters who have bled France dry and turned France into Africa. The
enemy is in Paris there Colonel and at the bIS in Switzerland, NATO and also in Tel$$
Syria, Assad and the Russians are not the enemy.
james , Feb 18, 2019 3:08:44 PM |
psychohistorian , Feb 18, 2019 3:12:05 PM |
erdogan is not going to change... putin has to address this, however he addresses
usa-west is not going to change either.. the withdrawal sounds good on paper, but they
will find a way to throw a spoke in everything.
kurds have an outside chance of changing..
so, it is a frozen type dynamic at present, waiting on turkey or russia to make the next
move... kurds don't seem capable of making the right move here... they find whatever the
usa dangles in front of them, enough to continue to fantasize about their future
erdogan never saw a renamed terrorist he didn't like, so long as it wasn't a kurd...
until this changes, we are still on track for ww3.. we just had a slight pause in the same
Thanks for the ongoing Syria reporting b
Mikalina , Feb 18, 2019 3:22:33 PM |
The Kurds I suspect are getting mixed messages from other members of NATO and some of
those message promise them a better position then where they are headed if the US completes
its pull out and doesn't backfill with mercenaries as the only choice now.
I don't see the US EVER leaving the ME unless the private finance issue is resolved
or the US goes bankrupt and can't project war anymore . I think the later is most
likely and fast approaching but will the cancer of private finance empire find another host
to control by then is the question
"How many more Kurds will have to die until their leadership finally accepts that?"
John Daywww.johndayblog.com , Feb 21, 2019 12:16:39 PM |
Syrian Kurds were second class inhabitants of Syria before the US invasion and there is
nothing to suggest that they will not be second class inhabitants after the 'peace'.
Perhaps they would prefer to die fighting, rather than live in chains; the true meaning of
the real 'peshmerga' - their souls go on before.
The French Colonel's essay is available here, translated to English quite well.
Eleni Tsigante, an Athenian of ancient family, has translated to English, the essay by a
French Colonel, commander of artillery of NATO coalition forces in Syria, which was
referenced in the Moon of Alabama article.
This essay has ceased to be available online, but I copy what she has sent me, with thanks
to her and to Colonel François-Régis Legrier.