American Imperialism, Transnational Capitalist Class and Globalization of Capitalism
Note: Partially based on Wikipedia article
(which avoids discussion neoliberalism as the "imperial method used for the building modern US empire).
American imperialism is the economic/financial (as well as military and cultural) dominance
of the United States over other countries. It is based on neoliberalism, so it more properly can be
Neoliberalism and associated with it a new type of empire (the USA neoliberal empire) was not an accident, it was a development that
while started in the USA took roots in
many countries, including such diverse as Chile (Pinochet), GB (Thatcher), China (Deng
Xiaoping was a neoliberal reformer), Russia (Yeltsin gang), and many other countries.
Since the late 1970s, a shift of economic activity from the production of goods and non-financial
services to finance has been adopted as mean to escape diminishing return on capital. The
oil crisis of the 1970s was probably another factor in the decision of the elite (and it was
decision, a conscious choice, not an accident) to switch to neoliberal policies.
"American empire" consists of vassal states and colonies. Vassal state that have some degree of
independence is essentially a codename for NATO. All other states are colonies. An international
financial elite (Davos crowd) which BTW consider the USA and NATO as a enforcer, a tool for getting
what they want, much like Bolsheviks considered Soviet Russia to be such a tool. The last thing they
are concerned is the well-being of American people.
During its history which starts around 70th (with the first major success the
Pinochet's coup de etat
in Chile, which was supported by the USA), neoliberalism undergone several stages of development:
- Deconstruction of Keynesian consensus (known as New Deal in the USA). That stage lasted
from 1945 to approximately 1980 (Reagan election) when part of New Deal regulations has been found
not compatible with realities after Vietnam was and were repealed
- Construction of a new, neoliberal alternative: financial capitalism (aka "casino
capitalism" in G7 countries and establishing neo-imperial domination over the rest of world).
While a push for neoliberalism always emanated from the United States, it was Margaret Thatcher government
which first tried to implement it as a full scale social program in GB, with the side effect of bolstering
GB financial industry and partially returning London the glory of major international financial center.
The USA also went into overdrive in implementing neoliberal doctrine under Reagan. This stage lasted
approximately till 1991 and in the process neoliberal managed to put the USSR on debt needle (incompetence
and cronyism of the USSR aging nomenklatura greatly helped) , making it in essence a colonial country
("Volta with rockets").
- Triumphal march of neoliberalism over the world. It started with dissolution of the USSR
and ended with the attack on Serbia. Triumphal march of neoliberalism started with the reunification
of Germany and dissolution of the USSR. It lasted almost a decade. During this period all countries
of former Socialist blocks were converted into neoliberal model, some with great costs and suffering
of the population (Russia economics was devastated but lately recovered at least partially, Ukraine
went in tailspin and never recovered; standard of living of population initially drops to Poorest
Africa nations level and state assets were privatized for pennies on a dollar). The key ideas of
this period, known as Washington Consensus included deregulation and acquiring by finance sector
commanding influence in government (corruption and transformation/selloff of Democratic Party into
Wall Street Party under Clinton). See
At this point neoliberalism became official ideology of both republican and democratic parties (Clinton
Democratic Party transformation was ended the process started under Carter).
The key here is that market economies have never existed independent of nation states.
Neoliberalism is characterized by flow of the capital to the USA and other major western
countries, rather than spreading the wealth from the wealthy center to the poorer periphery.
By putting in debt a growing proportion of "third world" nations (and that includes some
first world countries like Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Spain) a new finance based mechanism of
dominance ( "debt slavery") emerged. Countries are forced to accumulate debt in external
currency (euro or dollars) and that alone ensures the necessary level of political dependence on the USA and other major Western
countries. "Dollarized" countries became political satellites, vassals of the USA (a classic
example here is Yeltsin's Russia), with weakened "privatized" economy (which amounted to sell of
assets to foreigners on pennies for a dollar). All of them were forced into debt slavery via the
International Monetary Fund (IMF) and its sister institution, the World Bank.
As professor Hudson noted (Financial
Capitalism v. Industrial Capitalism, 1998):
These institutions are imposing the same creditor-oriented monetarism that wrecked the world
economy in the 1920s, triggering the Great Depression. Instead of helping the world’s poorer debtor
economies develop, the IMF and World Bank programs ‘underdevelop’ them, polarizing their
economies between a wealthy top layer and poverty for the vast majority. Turned into a
U.S. Cold War arm under the stewardship of Robert McNamara, the World Bank has become a powerful
arm of the new global class war, most notoriously Russia and East Asia.
The upshot has been to leave the world’s poorer economies even deeper in debt, and so financially
strapped that they are obliged to sell off to international financial institutions whatever assets
remain in their public domain. While wealth and incomes have polarized as a result of the active
intervention of the World Bank and IMF on behalf of the ruling kleptocracies throughout Africa,
Latin America and Asia, the physical environments of these debtor economies have been devastated
by the ecological consequences of the World Bank’s raw-materials export programs. Pandemics have
broken out as public health programs have been dismantled as domestic budgets have been stripped
to service the mounting foreign debt. This has impaired the ability of governments to contain
new diseases and undertake ameliorative social spending.
- Neoconservative stage (Imperial overstretch). This stage started
with attack on Serbia and continued till 2008. This stage of neoliberalism is best defined by
its extremely aggressive, jingoistic foreign policy of the USA as a new neoliberal hegemon. The agenda
of neoconservative part of the USA elite, which was actually widely shared outside usual suspects
includes full spectrum dominance, imperial overstretch, nuclear primacy, the right of pre-emptive
strikes at any states which do not possess nuclear weapons, and support of Israel as an official
goal of the US middle east policy. Neoconservatism shares with neoliberalism
amazing similarities with Trotskyism. Trotskyite idea of "permanent revolution" was creatively transformed
into "permanent democratization". Series of "democratization wars" which opened several countries
to neoliberal agenda and killed more then a million of people followed. It was supplemented by a
series of successful "color revolutions" in
countries like Serbia, Georgia, Ukraine which brought to power neoliberal, pro-US regimes run by
It was the attack on Serbia (March 24, 1999 to June 10, 1999) that helped many countries to realize
that neoliberalism is a road to nowhere and the USA went too far in its "sole superpower" role. During
the campaign, 2,300 air attacks were carried out on 995 facilities around Serbia and 1,150 fighter
jets fired nearly 420,000 missiles to the total weight of 22,000 tons. NATO fired 1,300 cruise missiles,
dropped 37,000 cluster bombs which killed around 200 individuals and caused injuries to several hundred
more people. The forces also used banned depleted uranium ammunition. Later the same scenario
was repeated in Iraq with substantially larger amount of victims (over one million in total, by some
estimates; much more if we count subsequent civil war).
Backlash for neoliberalism in Russia stated almost immediately after attack on Yugoslavia.
Later Putin explicitly positioned Russia as the the country that rejects the role of the USA as the
center of neoliberal empire, while at the same time not rejecting neoliberalism per se (which is
a weak point of "Putinism" as an ideology).
Zombie stage (post-neoliberalism).
This stage which by one author (Colin Crouch) was called "Strange
non-death of neoliberalism" started in 2008 and still continues. During this stage tendencies
that characterized Neoconservative stage became
more brutal. Several civil wars were unleashed after neoliberal color revolutions organized and financed
by the USA and allies in such countries as Libya and
Ukraine. The USA State Department
continued to be dominated by neocons (Hillary Clinton
was amazingly close to Dick Cheney in her foreign
policy views; As a
Victoria Nuland is probably to the right of her famous
neocon husband Robert Karan).
Which make Obama regime foreign policy a clone of Bush II exceptionalism and he himself essentially
turned into Bush III.
The implosion of the entire global banking/mortgage industry in 2008 has essentially delegitimized
neoliberalism central mantra about self-regulating market (which was a fake to begin with) and thus
made it far less attractive as an economic and social model which the U.S. has been pleased to espouse
as the royal road to prosperity for decades.
|The implosion of the entire global banking/mortgage industry in 2008 has essentially
delegitimized neoliberalism central mantra about self-regulating market (which was a fake
to begin with) and thus made it far less attractive as an economic and social model
which the U.S. has been pleased to espouse as the royal road to prosperity for decades.
Also the neoliberal Pax Americana and the neoliberal version of global capitalism are
increasingly contested by China, with the help of India, Russia, and Brazil
War on Liberalism The National Interest )
In different ways, Xi Jinping’s China, Vladimir Putin’s Russia and Narendra Modi’s India represent
an alternative economic model, in which free markets and state capitalism are blended under strong
In other words 2008 signified the "end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end" of Washington
Consensus, if we use Churchill's words. But in
now way it means that period of neoliberal revolutions came ot the end. Inertia and the level of
technological and cultural dominance of the USA and its allies (G7) is such that even after bankruptcy
as an ideology, neoliberalism continues to its world expansion and claims new victims among "resource
nationalists" or simply "not neoliberal enough" regimes. After 2008 Libya, Syria and Ukraine were
successfully "regime changed". I think Ukraine, which was a neoliberal state even before EuroMaidan
is a special case and much of EuroMaidan events were connected with the desire to "put Russia in
place" by Washington (and its European poodles) as well as century old Germany desire to
expand its market and dominance into Ukraine.
If we assume that Marxism as a political philosophy was dead around 1960-1970 when it became evident
that working class does not represent the new dominant class able to take power and govern in a
new social system as well as the fact that Communist Party political dominance is unable
to secure higher standard of living for people then advanced capitalist societies, and never
will, and that The Iron Law of Oligarchy
is applicable to the USSR even more, not less that to any Western country. Still it took 20 years
for the USSR to collapse after the USA elite bought part of The USSR nomenclature and organized a
quite coup installing puppet neoliberal Yeltsin regime (sold as a "victory of democracy" to
lemmings by Western propaganda machine). Using neoliberal advisors from Harvard (aka "Harvard
mafia") it instituted "shock therapy" which instantly pushed 90% of population of the
xUSSR region into object poverty very and also enriched beyond imagination few multinationals who
were will full support of Yeltsin regime to steal assets and natural resources for pennies on
fifth column as an intermediary). Essentially looting of the USSR area was one of key factors
which ensured recovery and quick growth of the USA economy in late 90th which was interrupted
only by the dot-com crysy of 2000.
I would assume that neoliberalism is probably twice more resilient the communism, so 50-60 years
since it became clear that the economic doctrine of neoliberalism is a pseudoscientific joke and
its political doctrine is an eclectic mix masking financial slavery masked with the smokescreen
of propaganda about "entrepreneur class" and "shareholder value" the first sign of decay
might be a reasonable estimate ot its eventual lifetime. Much depends on the dynamics of the price of oil, as globalization and
thus forces of neoliberalism are inherently dependent on cheap hydrocarbons. High prices or relative
scarcity that affects transcontinental trade might damage neoliberalism and undermine the fifth column
that support it in.
Also high cost of hydrocarbons means "end of growth", and neoliberalism financial scheme based
on cheap credit. It might implode in the environment of slow, or close to zero growth.
That means that consistent price of oil, say, over 120 is a direct threat to neoliberal project
in the USA. Even with prices over $100 the major neoliberal economics entered the stage of
"secular stagnation". It also makes the US military which is the largest consumer of oil in the USA
much more expensive to run and increase the costs of neoliberal "wars for regime change", essentially
curtailing neoliberal expansion. Or at least making it more difficult. The same is true about financiering
of color revolutions, which as a new type of neoliberal conquests of other countries, also require
some cash, although not at the scale of "boots on the ground".
It is possible to lower the oil price, as happened at the end of 2014, but the question is how
long this period will last.
At this point ideology of neoliberalism as an ideology is completely discredited and its fake
nature is evident to large part of global elite (which probably never have any illusions from the
very beginning) as well, which is more dangerous, large part of middle class. It still is supported
by pure military and financial power of the USA and its allies as well as technological superiority
of the West in general. So only postulates of neoliberalism, especially as for free market absolutization,
started to be questioned. And partically revised (increased financial regulation is one example).
This form of neoliberalism with the core ideology intact but modified one of several postulates can
be called post-neoliberalism.
The USA still remains the most powerful country in the world with formidable military, and still
behave as a word hegemon and the only source of justice ignoring US and other International organization,
unless it if convenient to them. But as Napoleon noted "You can do anything with bayonets, but
you can't sit on them". Running aggressive foreign policy on a discredited ideology and relying
on blunt propaganda is a difficult undertaking as resistance mounts and bubble out in un-anticipated
areas (Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk in Ukraine are recent example, when neoliberal color revolution,
which was performed by few thousands trained by the West far right militants, including openly neo-fascist
squads, led to civil war in the country).
Still, unfortunately, Libya, Syria and Ukraine, were not probably a swan song of muscular
enforcement of neoliberal model on other countries. While sponsored by the USA and allies anti-Putin
putsch in Russia (aka white revolution") failed, events in Libya and
Ukraine prove the neoliberalism
sill can launch and win offensives (aka color revolutions).
At the cost of plunging the country into economic and political chaos including civil war.
Rule of financial oligarchy also gradually comes under some (although very limited) scrutiny in
the USA. Some measures to restrict appetites of financial oligarchy were recently undertaken in Europe
(bank bonuses limitations).
HFT and derivatives still remain off-reach for regulators despite JP Morgan fiasco in May 2012
in London branch. Trade loss was around two billions, decline of bank value was around $13bn (The
Guardian) At this stage most people around the world realized that as Warren Buffett's right-hand
man Charlie Munger quipped in his CNBC interview
Trusting banks to
self-regulate is like trusting to self-regulate heroin addicts. At the meeting of the Group of
20 (G20) heads of states in the spring of 2009, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced the
death of “the Washington Consensus” — the famous list of market-liberalizing policy prescriptions
that guided the previous 20 or 30 years of neoliberal expansion into third world countries
Prominent economists in the United States and elsewhere pointed out that after decades of reform,
market-liberalizing policies had not produced the promised benefits for either economic growth or
social welfare of countries were those policies were applied (Stiglitz 2002, 2006; Rodrik 2006).
These criticisms further undermined the legitimacy of neoliberal governance, exactly the same way
as similar criticism undermined socialist model of the USSR and Eastern Europe. The problem is that
while socialist experiment could be compared with the Western countries capitalism achievement, here
there is no alternative model with which to compare.
Still a backlash directed at the USA is mounting even from the former loyal vassals. Even the
UK elite starts to display the behavior that contradict its role of the obedient US poodle. The atmosphere
is which the USA is considered "guilty" of pushing though the throats of other countries a utopia
that harmed them is a different atmosphere for the US oligarchy that the role of it accustomed to.
Now the US oligarchy has found itself in USSR nomenklatura shoes and eventually might be called to
answer for their global actions which similar to Opium Wars of the British can be called Dollar Wars.
Everybody is now aware of the substantial costs that the modern financial system has imposed on
the real economy, especially in developing countries, and no amount of propaganda and brainwashing
can hide this simple fact.
Standard of living was rising slowly and after 2008 mostly stopped to rise and started to detiorate
reflecting higher energy prices and the level on indebtness of many countries (Greece, Spain, Portugal,
Bulgaria, Ukraine, etc). So the key promise of neoliberalism that "trickle down" from
super rich will be enough to sustain better standard of living for all proved to be a confidence
It is questionable that the "financial innovations" of the last three-four decades can compensate
for those huge costs and that they warrants those costs. Shocks generated within the financial system
and transformation of economies imposed by international financial oligarchy as the core of neoliberal
elite, implies that the rule of financial oligarchy creates negative externalities for societies
and that some types of financial activities and some financial structures should be treated like
an organized crime (in other words as purely parasitic, extortionist type of players).
Still this stage preserves several attributes of previous stage and first of all push for globalization
and aggressive foreign policy. While economic crisis of 2008 destroyed legitimacy of ideology of
neoliberalism, neoliberalism as an ideology continue to exists as a cult, much like communism as
an ideology continues to exist, despite the failure of the USSR. And being phony ideology from the
very beginning, a smokescreen for the revanchism of financial oligarchy, it still can be promoted
by unrelenting propaganda machine of the same forces which put it into mainstream albeit with les
So far no viable alternatives emerged, and inertia is still strong, as strong as G7 block with
the USA as the head of the block. Like in 20th failure of neoliberalism led to rise of nationalism,
especially in Europe (France, Hungary, Ukraine). In some countries, such as Ukraine, the net result
of neoliberal revolution was establishing a far right regime which has uncanny similarities to the
régimes which came to power in 30th such as Franko regime in Spain. The phase of neoliberal
dominance still continues, it is just the central idea of neoliberalism, the fake idea of self-regulating
markets that was completely discredited by the crisis of 2008. Actually it was discredited before
during Great Depression, but the generation that remembered this lesson is now extinct (it looks
like it takes approximately 50 years for humanity to completely forget the lessons of history ;-).
Latin America, once paragon of a neoliberal revolution (Chile, Argentina, Mexico, etc), is now
dominated by left-wing governments elected on explicitly anti-neoliberal platforms. Around the world,
economists and policymakers now come to consensus that excessive reliance on unregulated financial
markets and the unrestrained rule of financial oligarchy was the root cause of the current worldwide
financial crisis. That created a more difficult atmosphere for the USA financial institutions to
operate abroad. Several countries are now trying to limit role of dollar as the world currency (one
of the sins Saddam Hussein paid the price).
Also internal contradictions became much deeper and the neoliberal regime became increasingly
unstable even in the citadel of neoliberalism -- the USA. Like any overstretched empire it became
hollow within with stretches on potholes ridden roads and decaying infrastructure visible to everyone.
Politically, the Republican Party became a roadblock for any meaningful reform (and its radical wing
-- the tea party even sending its representatives to Congress), the Party that is determined to rather
take the USA the road of the USSR, then change its ideology. All this points to the fact that neoliberalism
as an socio-economic doctrine is following the path of Bolshevism.
But its media dominance of neoliberalism paradoxically continues unabated. And this is despite
the fact that after the crisis of 2008, the notion that finance mobilizes and allocates resources
efficiently, drastically reduces systemic risks and brings significant productivity gains for the
economy as a whole became untenable. We can expect that like was the case with Catholicism in middle
ages and Bolshevism in the USSR, zombie phase of neoliberalism can last many decades (in the USSR,
"zombie" state lasted two decades, say from 1970 to 1991, and neoliberalism with its emphasis on
low human traits such as greed and supported by military and economic power of the USA, is considerably
more resilient then Bolshevism). As of 2013 it is still supported by elites of several major western
states (such as the USA, GB, Germany, France), transnational capital (and financial capital in particular)
and respective elites out of the sense of self-preservation. That means that is it reasonable to
expect that its rule in G7 will continue (like Bolshevism rule in the USSR in 70th-80th) despite
probably interrupted by bursts of social violence (Muslim immigrants in Europe are once such force).
In the US, for example, income and wealth inequality continue to increase, with stagnating middle-class
earnings, reduced social mobility, and an allegedly meritocratic higher education system, generously
supported by tax exemptions, has been turned into the system whose main beneficiaries are the children
of the rich and successful. Superimposed on this class divide is an increasingly serious intergenerational
divide, and increases level of unemployment of young people, which make social atmosphere somewhat
similar to the one in Egypt, although the pressure from Muslim fundamentalists is absent.
More and more neoliberalism came to be perceived as a ruse intended to safeguard the interests
of a malignantly narcissistic empire (the USA) and of rapacious multinationals. It is now more and
more linked with low-brow cultural homogeneity, social Darwinism, encroachment on privacy, mass production
of junk, and suppression of national sentiments and aspiration in favor of transnational monopolies.
It even came to be associated with a bewildering variety of social ills: rising crime rates, unemployment,
poverty, drug addiction, prostitution, organ trafficking, and other antisocial forms of conduct.
While ideology of neoliberalism is by-and-large discredited, the global economic institutions
associated with its rise are not all equally moribund. For example, the global economic crisis of
2008 has unexpectedly improved the fortunes of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an organization
long famous for the neoliberal policy conditions attached to its loans that served to incorporate
countries into a global neoliberal economic system. In 2008, a cascade of financial crises in Eastern
Europe and Iceland fattened the IMF’s dwindling loan portfolio.
World Trade Organization (WTO), the key US-used and abused universal opener of markets to US corporations
and investments is in worse shape then IMF, but still is viable too. The Doha round of negotiations
is stalled, mostly due to irresolvable disputes between developed and developing countries. Consequently,
the current crisis of neoliberalism raises many important questions about the future path of the
current international institutions promoting the neoliberal order. But still Russia joined WTO in
2012 which means that this organization got a new lease of life.
Nonetheless, that "neoliberalism in name only" is still a powerful global "brand" which the U.S.
seeks to maintain at all costs for macro geopolitical reasons (The
Great Crash, 2008: A Geopolitical Setback for the West , Foreign Affairs)
The financial and economic crash of 2008, the worst in over 75 years, is a major geopolitical
setback for the United States and Europe. Over the medium term, Washington and European governments
will have neither the resources nor the economic credibility to play the role in global affairs
that they otherwise would have played. These weaknesses will eventually be repaired, but
in the interim, they will accelerate trends that are shifting the world's center of gravity away
from the United States.
A brutal recession is unfolding in the United States, Europe, and probably Japan -- a recession
likely to be more harmful than the slump of 1981-82. The current financial crisis has deeply frightened
consumers and businesses, and in response they have sharply retrenched. In addition, the usual
recovery tools used by governments -- monetary and fiscal stimuli -- will be relatively ineffective
under the circumstances.
This damage has put the American model of free-market capitalism under a cloud. The
financial system is seen as having collapsed; and the regulatory framework, as having spectacularly
failed to curb widespread abuses and corruption. Now, searching for stability, the U.S. government
and some European governments have nationalized their financial sectors to a degree that contradicts
the tenets of modern capitalism.
Much of the world is turning a historic corner and heading into a period in which the
role of the state will be larger and that of the private sector will be smaller. As it
does, the United States' global power, as well as the appeal of U.S.-style democracy, is eroding.
The USA was and probably will remain the center of neoliberalism and firmly established as most important
and the most powerful promoter of the doctrine (in some case, like with Serbia, Iraq and Libya, on the
tips of bayonets).
After the dissolution of the USSR the US elite felt that "everything is permitted" and essentially
started to pursue global Roman style imperial policy. The USA military forces are active over most of
the globe: about 226 countries have US military troops, 63 of which host American bases, while
only 46 countries in the world have no US military presence. This is a
projection of military power
that makes the Roman, British, and Soviet empires pale in comparison. In his 1919 essay, "The Sociology
of Imperialisms," Joseph Schumpeter wrote of Rome during its years of greatest expansion.
As G. John Ikenberry, professor of geopolitics at Georgetown University noted in Foreign Affairs:
There was no corner of the known world where some interest was not alleged to be in danger
or under actual attack. If the interests were not Roman, they were those of Rome's allies; and if
Rome had no allies, then allies would be invented. When it was utterly impossible to contrive
such an interest-why, then it was the national honor that had been insulted.
The fight was always invested with an aura of legality. Rome was always being attacked by evil-minded
neighbors, always fighting for a breathing-space. The whole world was pervaded by a host of enemies,
and it was manifestly Rome's duty to guard against their indubitably aggressive designs.*
The new grand strategy [initiated by the Bush administration]…. begins with a fundamental
commitment to maintaining a unipolar world in which the United States has no peer competitor.
No coalition of great powers without the United States will be allowed to achieve hegemony. Bush
made this point the centerpiece of American security policy in his West Point commencement address
in June: "America has, and intends to keep, military strengths beyond challenges-thereby making
the destabilizing arms races of other eras pointless, and limiting rivalries to trade and other pursuits
…The United States grew faster than the other major states during the decade [of the 1990s], it
reduced military spending more slowly, and it dominated investment in the technological advancement
of its forces. Today, however, the new goal is to make these advantages permanent-a fait accompli
that will prompt other states to not even try to catch up. Some thinkers have described the strategy
as "breakout," in which the United States moves so quickly to develop technological advantages (in
robotics, lasers, satellites, precision munitions, etc.) that no state or coalition could ever challenge
it as global leader, protector and enforcer ("America's Imperial Ambition," Foreign Affairs,
Perhaps one of extreme expressions of this neo-Roman imperial policy became that book by
The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And Its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski.
This is how Brzezinski views the (supposedly sovereign) nations of Central Asia (sited from
Amazon review by "A Customer" Jan 3, 2002 as pawns in a greater game for geopolitical domination:
- "The last decade of the twentieth century has witnessed a tectonic shift in world affairs. For
the first time ever, a non-Eurasian power has emerged not only as a key arbiter of Eurasian power
relations but also as the world's paramount power. The defeat and collapse of the Soviet Union was
the final step in the rapid ascendance of a Western Hemisphere power, the United States, as the sole
and, indeed, the first truly global power..."
- "Two basic steps are thus required: first, to identify the geostrategically dynamic Eurasian
states that have the power to cause a potentially important shift in the international distribution
of power and to decipher the central external goals of their respective political elites and the
likely consequences of their seeking to attain them;... second, to formulate specific U.S. policies
to offset, co-opt, and/or control the above..." (p. 40)
- "...To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the
three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are:
- to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals,
- to keep tributaries pliant and protected,
- and to keep the barbarians from coming together." (p.40)
- "Henceforth, the United States may have to determine how to cope with regional coalitions
that seek to push America out of Eurasia, thereby threatening America's status as a global power."
- "America is now the only global superpower, and Eurasia is the globe's central arena. Hence,
what happens to the distribution of power on the Eurasian continent will be of decisive importance
to America's global primacy and to America's historical legacy." (p.194)
- "That puts a premium on maneuver and manipulation in order to prevent the emergence of a hostile
coalition that could eventually seek to challenge America's primacy..." (p. 198)
- "The most immediate task is to make certain that no state or combination of states gains the
capacity to expel the United States from Eurasia or even to diminish significantly its decisive arbitration
role." (p. 198)
- "For Pakistan, the primary interest is to gain Geostrategic depth through political influence
in Afghanistan - and to deny to Iran the exercise of such influence in Afghanistan and Tajikistan
- and to benefit eventually from any pipeline construction linking Central Asia with the Arabian
The quote "... the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and
maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep
the barbarians from coming together." (The Grand Chessboard p.40) is probably the most revealing.
Just ponder the meaning of these statements in a post-9-11 world:
- "Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult
to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and
widely perceived direct external threat." (p. 211)
- "The attitude of the American public toward the external projection of American power has been
much more ambivalent. The public supported America's engagement in World War II largely because of
the shock effect of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. (pp 24-5)
To most Americans the people of the world and other nations are just that -- people, just like us,
with a right to self-determination. To Brzezinski, they are merely pawns on a chessboard. At the same
time, despite the fact that the analogy are not perfect, Rome fell, Napoleon fell, Hitler fell, USSR
fell. Countries with too aggressive foreign policy ultimately self-destruct, because they over-extend
their own countries resources to the point when people wellbeing drops to the levels of some colonies.
The USA have over million people with the security clearance. So in a way it is becoming a copy-cat
of the USSR. And while the US military is busy fighting for oil interests all around the world, those
wars were launched by borrowing money and it's unclear who will pay the bills.
Neoliberalism beginning as ideology start was pretty modest. It was never considered a "right" ideology,
ideology for which people are ready to fight and die. It was just an "ideology of convenience", an eclectic
mix of mutually incompatible and incoherent mosaic of various ideologies (including some ideas of Trotskyism
and national socialism) that served as useful tool to counter communist ideology. This is the tress
of Friedman pretty weak opus "Capitalism and Freedom" -- which can be considered to be close analog
of Communist Manifesto for neoliberalism. It also was useful for fighting some Keynesian excesses. Only
later it become favorite ideology of financial oligarchy.
So in fight against "Godless communism" which does not respect private property and used "all-powerful"
state, it idealized private property ownership, the role of "free" (as in free shooting) market and
stressed the necessity to control the size of the government. As a tools to fight communist ideology
those were reasonably effective tools. But at some point this deeply flawed, but useful for the specific
purpose framework went out of control and became the cult of the deified markets and explicitly stated
the necessary of diminishing the role of the state to minimum to ensure the high level of inequality
the new neoliberal elite strived for (note not optimizing for a given historical conditions and technology
available, but unconditionally diminishing to the point of elimination). Reagan famous phase "Government
is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem." is a perfect example of how to
"Throw out the baby with the bath water". But the meaning is more sinister: it meant "throw
out of the water middle class".
That happened when financial oligarchy understood that a tool created for fighting communism is perfectly
suitable for fighting elements of "New Deal". And it proved to be pretty effective in dismantling of
set of regulations of financial sector that were the cornerstone of "New Deal". That was a very smooth
ride "deregulatory" ride until 2008. But after 2008 the USA (citadel of neoliberalism) faces the set
of problems that at least on the surface look similar to the problem that USSR faced before its disintegration,
although the USA still have much more favorable conditions overall and disintegration is not among the
current threats. Among them:
- Ideology of neoliberalism is a "damaged goods" after 2008. It far from gone, but still
it looks more like Marxism in the late 1960th -- an ideology that outlived its usefulness and detached
- The USA external debt is high and grows. Debt to China is especially worrisome.
- Global dollar currency dominance still exists, but is shrinking and all BRICS countries working
on creation their own bank and promising IMF drawing rights currency the situation might deteriorate
Like was the case with the USSR, absence of effective opposition led to degeneration of the US
elite. It is not at the level of the degeneration of the USSR Politburo, but generally the current
roster of Republican Party associated politicians and, especially, Tea party favorites like Palin
and Michel Bachman in the political mainstream are not a good sign.
- There were never periods in human history, when a single country which dominated the whole globe
did not suffer negative consequences. Rephrasing popular saying about revolutions we can say:
world dominance kills its own children.
Still there are important difference with Marxism: despite extremely flawed to the point of being
anti-scientific neoliberal ideology is still supported by higher standard of living of population in
selected Western countries (G7). If also can rely on five important factors:
- Military dominance of the USA and NATO. There are very few countries in the globe without
explicit or implicit USA military presence.
- Financial dominance of USA and its allies. The role of dollar as world currency and the
role of USA controlled global financial institutions such as World Bank and IMF
- Technological dominance of USA and G7. Continuing brain drain from "Third world" and xUSSR
countries to G7 countries.
- USA dominance in Internet communications with the USA additionally serving as a primary
hub of Internet which gives them another "exorbitant privilege", including the ability to snoop
of lion share of Internet traffic.
- Cultural dominance of the USA (although this is gradually diminishing as after 2008 countries
started of assert their cultural independence more vigorously).
- Ideological dominance, neoliberalism as yet another major civic religion
The American society and the U.S. armaments industry today are different then it was when Dwight
Eisenhower in his farewell speech (Eisenhower's
Farewell Address to the Nation) famously warned Americans to beware the "military-industrial complex."
The Farewell Address 50 Years Later. The major opponent, the USSR left the world scene, being defeated
in the cold war. That means that currently the USA enjoy world military dominance that reminds the dominance
of Roman Empire.
The USA now is the world's greatest producer and exporter of arms on the planet. It spends more
on armed forces than all other nations combined -- while going deeply into debt to do so.
The USA also stations over 500,000 troops, spies, contractors, dependents, etc. on more than 737
bases around the world in 130 countries (even this is not a complete count) at a cost of near 100 billions
a year. The 2008 Pentagon inventory includes 190,000 troops in 46 nations and territories, and 865 facilities
in more than 40 countries and overseas U.S. territories. In just Japan, the USA have 99,295 people who
are either members of US forces or are closely connected to US. The only purpose is to provide control
over as many nations as possible.
Funny but among other thing the Pentagon also maintain 234 golf courses around the world, 70 Lear
Jet airplanes for generals and admirals, and a ski resort in the Bavarian Alps.
Military dominance of the USA and NATO were demonstrated during Yugoslavia bombing and then invasion
of Iraq. It's clear the Yugoslavia bombing would be out of question if the USSR existed.
Under neoliberalism, markets are now fused with the logic of expansion and militarization is the
most logical was of securing expansion, improving global positions, and the ordering of social relations
in a way favorable to the transnational elite.
Under neoliberal regime the United States is not only obsessed with militarism, which is shaping
foreign policy , but wars have become real extension of the politics, the force that penetrates almost
every aspect of daily life. Support of wars became a perverted version of patriotism.
As Henry A. Giroux noted in his interview to Truth-out (Violence
is Deeply Rooted in American Culture), paradoxically in the country of "advanced democracy" schools
and social services are increasingly modeled after prisons. Four decades of neoliberal policies have
given way to an economic Darwinism that promotes a politics of cruelty.
Police forces are militarized. Popular culture endlessly celebrating the spectacle of violence. The
Darwinian logic of war and violence have become addictive, a socially constructed need. State violence
has become an organizing principle of society that has become the key mediating force that now holds
everyday life together. State violence is now amplified in the rise of the punishing state which works
to support corporate interests and suppress all forms of dissent aimed at making corporate power accountable.
Violence as a mode of discipline is now enacted in spheres that have traditionally been created to counter
it. Airports, schools, public services, and a host of other public spheres are now defined through a
militarized language of "fight with terrorism", the language of discipline, regulation, control, and
order. Human relations and behaviors are dehumanized making it easier to legitimate a culture of cruelty
and politics of disposability that are central organizing principles of casino capitalism.
The national news became a video game, a source of entertainment where a story gains prominence by
virtue of the notion that if it bleeds it leads. Education has been turned into a quest for private
satisfactions and is no longer viewed as a public good, thus cutting itself off from teaching students
about public values, the public good and engaged citizenship. What has emerged in the United States
is a civil and political order structured around the criminalization of social problems and everyday
life. This governing-through-crime model produces a highly authoritarian and mechanistic approach to
addressing social problems that often focuses on the poor and minorities, promotes highly repressive
policies, and places emphasis on personal security, rather than considering the larger complex of social
and structural forces that fuels violence in the first place.
The key reference on the topic is the book The New American Militarism (2005) by Andrew Bacevich.
Here is one Amazon review:
In his book The New American Militarism (2005), Andrew Bacevich desacralizes our idolatrous infatuation
with military might, but in a way that avoids the partisan cant of both the left and the right that
belies so much discourse today. Bacevich's personal experiences and professional expertise lend his
book an air of authenticity that I found compelling. A veteran of Vietnam and subsequently a career
officer, a graduate of West Point and later Princeton where he earned a PhD in history, director
of Boston University's Center for International Relations, he describes himself as a cultural conservative
who views mainstream liberalism with skepticism, but who also is a person whose "disenchantment with
what passes for mainstream conservatism, embodied in the present Bush administration and its groupies,
is just about absolute." Finally, he identifies himself as a "conservative Catholic." Idolizing
militarism, Bacevich insists, is far more complex, broader and deeper than scape-goating either political
party, accusing people of malicious intent or dishonorable motives, demonizing ideological fanatics
as conspirators, or replacing a given administration. Not merely the state or the government, but
society at large, is enthralled with all things military.
Our military idolatry, Bacevich believes, is now so comprehensive and beguiling that it "pervades
our national consciousness and perverts our national policies.
" We have normalized war, romanticized military life that formally was deemed degrading and
inhuman, measured our national greatness in terms of military superiority, and harbor naive, unlimited
expectations about how waging war, long considered a tragic last resort that signaled failure,
can further our national self-interests. Utilizing a "military metaphysic" to justify our misguided
ambitions to recreate the world in our own image, with ideals that we imagine are universal, has
taken about thirty years to emerge in its present form.
It is this marriage between utopians ends and military means that Bacevich wants to annul.
How have we come to idolize military might with such uncritical devotion? He likens it to pollution:
"the perhaps unintended, but foreseeable by-product of prior choices and decisions made without taking
fully into account the full range of costs likely to be incurred" (p. 206). In successive chapters
he analyzes six elements of this toxic condition that combined in an incremental and cumulative fashion.
- After the humiliation of Vietnam, an "unmitigated disaster" in his view, the military set
about to rehabilitate and reinvent itself, both in image and substance. With the All Volunteer
Force, we moved from a military comprised of citizen-soldiers that were broadly representative
of all society to a professional warrior caste that by design isolated itself from broader society
and that by default employed a disproportionate percentage of enlistees from the lowest socio-economic
class. War-making was thus done for us, by a few of us, not by all of us.
- Second, the rise of the neo-conservative movement embraced American Exceptionalism as
our national end and superior coercive force as the means to franchise it around the world.
- Myth-making about warfare sentimentalized, sanitized and fictionalized war. The film Top Gun
is only one example of "a glittering new image of warfare."
- Fourth, without the wholehearted complicity of conservative evangelicalism, militarism would
have been "inconceivable," a tragic irony when you consider that the most "Christian" nation on
earth did far less to question this trend than many ostensibly "secular" nations.
- Fifth, during the years of nuclear proliferation and the fears of mutually assured destruction,
a "priesthood" of elite defense analysts pushed for what became known as the Revolution in Military
Affairs (RMA). RMA pushed the idea of "limited" and more humane war using game theory models and
technological advances with euphemisms like "clean" and "smart" bombs. But here too our "exuberance
created expectations that became increasingly uncoupled from reality," as the current Iraq debacle
- Finally, despite knowing full well that dependence upon Arab oil made us vulnerable to the
geo-political maelstroms of that region, we have continued to treat the Persian Gulf as a cheap
gas station. How to insure our Arab oil supply, protect Saudi Arabia, and serve as Israel's most
important protector has always constituted a squaring of the circle. Sordid and expedient self
interest, our "pursuit of happiness ever more expansively defined," was only later joined by more
lofty rhetoric about exporting universal ideals like democracy and free markets, or, rather, the
latter have only been a (misguided) means to secure the former.
Bacevich opens and closes with quotes from our Founding Fathers. In 1795, James Madison warned
that "of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises
and develops the germ of every other." Similarly, late in his life George Washington warned the country
of "those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious
to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty."
With dollar role as the primary world reserve currency the USA still rides on its "Exorbitant
privilege". But there are countervailing forces that diminish dollar importance, such a euro. Financial
dominance under neoliberalism became the primary tool of ensuring the control over the nations. See
Neocolonialism as Financial Imperialism
US and Western banks dominate the globe with New York and London as two world financial centers.
Things little changed after 2008 despite the fact that the US economy in entered a deep debt crisis,
which is amplified by the level of destruction of real economy by offshoring and outsourcing achieved
under the umbrella of neoliberalism during previous four decades. While the USA remains the sole super
power its imperial problems now reached such a level that they may start to affect the foreign policy.
Troubles of organizing an invasion in Syria are probably symptomatic. It proved to be more difficult
undertaking that similar invasion of Iraq a decade earlier.
Economic troubles have important side effect: the ideological dominance, achieved by the USA during
1989 till 2008 is now under attack. There are a lot of skeptic and in a way neoliberalism goes the way
of Marxism with the major difference that there were probably some sincere followers of Marxism at least
during the first 30 years of its development.
Since the late 1970s, there was a radical shift of economic activity from the production of goods
and non-financial services to finance with the rapid growth since then of the share of financial profits
in total corporate profits. Also reflective of this process of "financialisation of the Economy" was
the explosive growth of private debt as a proportion of gross domestic product, and the piling of layers
upon layers of claims with the existence of instruments like options, futures, swaps, and the like,
and financial entities like hedge funds and structured investment vehicles.
With financialisation, the financial masturbation -- speculation directed on making money within
the financial system, bypassing the route of commodity production, increasingly became the name of the
game. Using Marxist terminology the general formula for capital accumulation, M-C-M', in which commodities
are central to the generation of profits, was replaced by M-M', in which money simply begets more money
with no relation to production.
This is related to the reason which brought on the financialization of the economy in the forefront:
beginning with the sharp recession of 1974-75, the US economy entered a period of slow economic
growth, high unemployment/underemployment and excess capacity. That happened after around 25 years
of spectacular ascent following the second world war. So financialisation was thought a s a remedy to
this "permanent stagnation" regime. And for a while it performed this function well, although it was
done by "eating the host".
Finance under any neoliberalism-bound regime can be best understood as a form of warfare, and financial
complex (typically large Western banks as locals are not permitted, unless specially protected by remnants
of the nation state) as an extension of military-industrial complex. Like in military conquest, its
aim is to gain control for occupying country of land, public infrastructure, and to impose tribute putting
the country in debt and using dominance of dollar as world reserve currency. This involves dictating
laws to vassal countries (imposing Washington consensus, see below) and interfering in social as well
as economic planning using foreign debt and the necessity to service the foreign loans as a form of
The main advantage of neoliberalism in comparison with the similar practice of the past is the conquest
is being done by financial means, without the cost to the aggressor of fielding an army. But the economies
under attacked may be devastated as deeply by financial stringency as by military attack when it comes
to demographic shrinkage, shortened life spans, emigration and capital flight. Actually following s
successful attack of neoliberalism and conquest of the country by neoliberal elite Russian economy was
devastated more then during WWII, when Hitler armies reached banks of Volga river and occupies half
of the country.
This attack is being mounted not by nation states alone, but by a cosmopolitan financial class and
international financial institutions such as World bank and IMF with full support of major western
banks serving as agencies of western governments. Finance always has been cosmopolitan more than nationalistic
– and always has sought to impose its priorities and lawmaking power over those of parliamentary democracies.
Like any monopoly or vested interest, the financial "Trojan horse" strategy seeks to block government
power to regulate or tax it. From the financial vantage point, the ideal function of government is to
enhance profits via privatization and protect finance capital from the population to allow "the miracle
of compound interest" to siphon most of the revenue out of the country. Some tiny share of this revenue
is paid to compradors within the national elite. In good years such tactic keeps fortunes multiplying
exponentially, faster than the economy can grow. This "paradise for rentiers" last until they
eat into the core and cause deindustrialization and severe debt crisis. Eventually they do to the economy
what predatory creditors and rentiers did to the Roman Empire.
The globalist bloc of Western countries led by the USA achieved hegemony in the end of the twentieth
century because it managed to become the center of technological progress and due to this acquired a
commanding influence over industrial production and social life around the world, including the ability
to provide rewards and impose sanctions. One or the reason of technical backwardness of the USSR just
before the dissolution were technical sanctions imposed by the West via
COCOM. As most of global corporations belong to G7 this lead to "natural" technological hegemony
of this block. As Thatcher used to say "There is no alternatives", although she meant there is no alternatives
to neoliberalism, not to Western technology from G7 nations. Only recently Asian countries started to
challenge this status quo in some areas.
Global corporation managed to create a situation in which the same goods are used in most countries
of the globe. Western brand names dominate. American and European airliners, Japanese, American and
German cars, Korean and American smartphones, Chinese and American PCs, etc.
China became world factory and produces lion share of goods sold under Western brands.
The debate about the USA dominance in internet and global communications reemerged in June 2008 due
to revelations make about existence of the
Prism program and similar program by British security services. For example, Jacob Augstein used
the term "Obama's Soft Totalitarianism" in his article
Europe Must Stand Up to American Cyber-Snooping published by SPIEGEL. The NSA's infrastructure wasn't
built to fight Al Qaeda. It has a far greater purpose, one of which is to keep the USA as the last superpower.
The USA has capabilities of intercepting of lion share of global internet traffic and with allies
tries to intercept all the diplomatic communication during major conferences and trade talk in direct
violation of Vienna protocols. Latin American countries were one of the recent victims of this activity
during trade talks with the USA. There were reports about snooping on UN personnel communications in
Here is an interesting comment of user MelFarrellSr in
The Guardian discussion of the article
NSA analysts 'willfully violated' surveillance systems, agency admits (August 24, 2013):
Here's the thing about the NSA, the GCHQ, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, et al...
We all have to stop commenting as if the NSA and the GCHQ are in this thing on their own; the
reality is that no one was supposed to know one iota about any of these programs; the NSA and the
GCHQ began and put in place the structure that would allow all internet service providers, and indeed
all corporations using the net, the ability to track and profile each and every user on the planet,
whether they be using the net, texting, cell, and landline.
We all now know that Google, Yahoo, and the rest, likely including major retailers, and perhaps
not so major retailers, are all getting paid by the United States government, hundreds of millions
of dollars of taxpayer money, our money, to profile 24/7 each and every one of us..., they know how
we think, our desires, our sexual preferences, our religious persuasion, what we spend, etc.; make
no mistake about it, they know it all, and what they don't currently have, they will very soon…
These agencies and indeed all those who are paid by them, will be engaged over the next few weeks
in a unified program of "perception management" meaning that they will together come up with an all-encompassing
plan that will include the release of all manner of statements attesting to the enforcement of several
different disciplinary actions against whomever for "illegal" breaches of policy...
They may even bring criminal actions against a few poor unfortunate souls who had no idea they
would be sacrificed as one part of the "perception management" game.
Has anyone wondered why, to date, no one in power has really come out and suggested that the program
must be curtailed to limit its application to terrorism and terrorist types?
Here's why; I was fortunate recently to have given an education on how networks such as Prism,
really work, aside from the rudimentary details given in many publications. They cannot, and will
not, stop monitoring even one individuals activity, because to do so will eventually cause loss of
the ability to effectively monitor as many as 2.5 Million individuals.
Remember the "Two to Three Hop" scenario, which the idiot in one of the hearings inadvertently
spoke of; therein lies the answer. If the average person called 40 unique people, three-hop analysis
would allow the government to mine the records of 2.5 million Americans Do the math; Internet usage
in the United States as of June 30, 2012 reached a total of over 245,000,000 million…
The following link shows how connected the world is… http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats2.htm
We should never forget how the Internet began, and who developed it, the United States Armed Forces;
initially it was known as Arpanet, see excerpt and link below…
"The Internet may fairly be regarded as a never-ending worldwide conversation." - Supreme Court
Judge statement on considering first amendment rights for Internet users.
"On a cold war kind of day, in swinging 1969, work began on the ARPAnet, grandfather to the
Internet. Designed as a computer version of the nuclear bomb shelter, ARPAnet protected the flow
of information between military installations by creating a network of geographically separated
computers that could exchange information via a newly developed protocol (rule for how computers
interact) called NCP (Network Control Protocol)."
There is no government anywhere on the planet that will give up any part of the program…, not
without one hell of a fight...
Incidentally, they do hope and believe that everyone will come to the same conclusion; they will
keep all of us at bay for however long it takes; they have the money, they have the time, and they
economically control all of us...
Pretty good bet they win...
That includes industrial espionage:
Absolutely. See EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
report dated 11 July 2001 (Note it was before the 9/11 attack in the US).
Or industrial espionage?
7. Compatibility of an 'ECHELON' type communications interception system with Union
7.1. Preliminary considerations
7.2. Compatibility of an intelligence system with Union law
7.2.1. Compatibility with EC law
7.2.2. Compatibility with other EU law
7.3. The question of compatibility in the event of misuse of the system for industrial
EntropyNow -> StrawBear
The fact that they snoop on us all constantly, that's the problem. I agree that the indiscriminate
surveillance is a problem. However, with such vast powers in the hands of private contractors,
without robust legal oversight, it is wide open to abuse and interpretation. I believe we need
to pull the plug and start again, with robust, independent, legal oversight, which respects fundamental
international human rights laws In the US, the NDAA is a law which gives the government the right
to indefinitely detain US citizens, without due process, without a trial, if they are suspected
to be associated with 'terrorists'. Now define 'terrorism'?
Section 1021b is particularly worrying, concerning "substantial support." It is wide open to
interpretation and abuse, which could criminalize dissent and even investigative journalism. See
Guardian's excellent article by
Naomi Wolf, 17 May 2012::
As Judge Forrest pointed out:
"An individual could run the risk of substantially supporting or directly supporting an
associated force without even being aware that he or she was doing so. In the face of what
could be indeterminate military detention, due process requires more."
In an excellent episode
of Breaking the Set Feb 7 2013 Tangerine Bolen (Founder and Director, Revolutiontruth) stated
that 'Occupy London' was designated a 'terrorist group" officially. There are independent
journalists and civil liberty activists being targeted by private cyber security firms, which
are contractors for the DOD, they are being harassed and intimidated, threatening free speech
and liberty for everyone, everywhere. As Naomi Wolf concludes:
"This darkness is so dangerous not least because a new Department of Homeland Security document
trove, released in response to a FOIA request filed by Michael Moore and the National Lawyers'
Guild, proves in exhaustive detail that the DHS and its "fusion centers" coordinated with local
police (as I argued here, to initial disbelief), the violent crackdown against Occupy last
You have to put these pieces of evidence together: the government cannot be trusted with
powers to detain indefinitely any US citizen – even though Obama promised he would not misuse
these powers – because the United States government is already coordinating a surveillance
and policing war against its citizens, designed to suppress their peaceful assembly and criticism
of its corporate allies."
It seems to me that potential terrorist threats come in two sorts: the highly organised
and funded groups that could commit catastrophic destruction, and the local schmucks that are
really just old-fashioned losers-with-a-grudge adopting an empowering ideology.
The first group would be immensely cautious with their communications, and fall outside this
sort of surveillance. The second group, if Boston and Woolwich are any evidence, are not effectively
detected by these measures.
It appears very clear to me that this is runaway state power, predictably and transparently
deflected with cries of "terrorism". And, perhaps most worrying, that definition of terrorism
is now as wide as the state requires. Anything that embarrasses or exposes the evils of our
states, including rendition, torture, and all manner of appalling injustice, is classified as
a matter of 'national security', which must not be exposed lest it aid the enemy.
I know Orwell's name gets tossed around too much... but Jesus! I really hope we're not bovine
enough to walk serenely into this future.
...The NSA's infrastructure wasn't built to fight Al Qaeda. It has a far greater purpose, one
of which is to keep the USA as the last superpower and moral authority for the rest of the time
humanity has in this world.
All this muck is hurting bad. Obama is having a tough time from all sides. All the moralists
think he is a villain doing everything he promised to change. All the secret society members think
he is a clown who has spilled out every secret that was painstakingly put together over decades....
The temples of neoliberalism are malls and airports ;-). And they are build all over the glone is
a very similar fashion. A drunk person accidentally transfered from New Jersey to, say Kiev and put
in one of mjor malls can never tell the difference :-).
English became the major international language. Both language of technology and commerce. Much like
Latin was before.
In developing countries goods are sold at considerable premium (up to 100%) but generally everything
that can be bought in the USA now can be bought say in Kiev. Of course affordability is drastically
different, but for elite itis not a problem. That create another opportunity for the top 1% to enjoy
very similar, "internationalized" lifestyle all over the globe.
Hollywood films dominate world cinemas. American computer games dominate gaming space. In a way the
USA culturally is present in any country. It was amazing how quickly remnants of communist ideology
were wipes out in the xUSSR countries (Globalization,
ethnic conflict and nationalism Daniele Conversi - Academia.edu):
Contrary to the globalists or ideologues of globalization (Steger 2005), both Marxists and liberals
have highlighted the ' pyramidal ' structure underlying globalization. This metaphor applies well
to cultural dissemination.
An elite of corporate, media, and governmental agencies sits at the pyramid' s top level, small regional
intermediary elites sit immediately below, while the overwhelming majority of humans are pushed well
down towards the pyramid' s bottom. In the realm of ' global culture ' , this looks like a master-servant
relationship with much of the world at the boot-licking end. Whether such a relationship really
exists, or is even practical, this metaphorical dramatization can nevertheless help to understand
collective self-perceptions. The consequences in the area of ethnic conﬂict are signiﬁcant. Such
a hierarchical structure makes it impossible for global exchanges to turn into egalitarian relationships
based on evenly balanced inter-cultural communication and dialogue.
On the contrary, cultural globalization is not reﬂected in a genuine increase of inter-personal,
inter-ethnic and inter-cultural contacts. As I shall argue, in most public areas ' cultural globalization
' really means the unreciprocated, one-way ﬂow of consumerist items from the US media and leisure
machine to the rest of the world.
This top-down distribution ensures that a few individuals and groups, nearly all in the USA,
ﬁrmly establish the patterns of behaviour and taste to be followed by the rest of mankind. Is
this congruent with the view that there is a form of ' global centralization ' in cultural-legal
matters leaning towards Washington, DC? As for a supposed ' global culture ', the symbolic capital
would ideally be located in Hollywood, rather than Washington.
In fact, the term ' Hollywoodization ' insinuates a media-enforced hierarchical structure with immediate
symbolic resonance. It also offers a more cultural, perhaps less sociological, focus than the Weberian
concept of bureaucratic ' McDonaldization ' (Ritzer 1996).
Competing terminologies include ' Disneyﬁcation ' / ' Disneyization ' , with its stress on extreme
predictability and the infantilization of leisure (Bryman 2004), 'Walmarting ' as the streamlining
of the retail sector (Fishman 2005, Morrow 2004), or earlier Cold War terms like ' Coca-Colonization
' (Wagnleitner 1994). We previously saw how the term ' McGuggenization ' has been used to indicate
art-related cultural franchising and other forms of Americanization in the Basque Country (McNeill
All these equally refer to socio-economic trends originated in the USA and are hence forms of
Americanization. However, ' Hollywoodization ' has broader implications for ethnic relations and
In practice, Hollywood-inspired simpliﬁcations have become the daily staple for millions of peoples
around the world in their leisure time. In the area of ethnicity, ' Hollywoodization ' has been elevated
to the only known reality and the unique source of information about the outside world for increasing
numbers of people, not only in the USA. Thus, the world is more likely to get its stereotypes of
from US movies like The Patriot or Saving Private Ryan than via British productions.Similarly, most
of the world is likely to see Scotland through the lenses of US-made Braveheart , as the larger public
can barely afford any access to Scottish cultural productions.
This monopoly of global stereotyping and ethnic imagery has serious implicationsf or the spread
and continuation of ethnic conﬂict.
The tools of primary socialization were once under ﬁrm control of the family, either nuclear or extended.
They were subsequently assumed by the state in the industrialization ' phase ' , notably with post-1789
mass militarization and compulsory schooling (Conversi2007, 2008).
Under neo-liberal globalization, primary socialization has been seized by unaccountable cash-driven
corporations and media tycoons. This has further reduced the space of inter-generational transmission
and family interaction. If a community can no longer socialize its children according to its culture
and traditions, then the very bases of local, regional, and national continuity are all visibly at
stake. This threat to a group's survival is often seized upon by patriots and ethno-nationalists,
whose political programs are founded on providing a new sense of social cohesion and security – even
if the targets are often hapless and unprotected minorities.
That is partly how nationalism and xenophobia have expanded in tandem with globalization.
Ethno-nationalism not only persisted through change, but is perceived by many as a response to
the growth of globalization, providing a prêt-à-porter hope for national resistance and resilience.
By depending on Hollywood as unique conveyor of ' globalization ', inter-ethnic interaction
is inevitably undermined. In some instances, international communication has practically evaporated.
... ... ...
I have described, and subsequently dismissed, the proﬁt-oriented ideology that globalization,
intended as Mcdonaldization and Hollywoodization, can contribute to better international understanding.
On the contrary, it has ushered in a process of planetary cultural and environmental destruction,
while hampering inter-ethnic communication and fostering human conﬂict. The notion of cultural security,
so central to international relations and peaceful coexistence, has undergone unprecedented challenges.
...Insofar as cultural globalization is understood as uni-dimensional import of standardized cultural
icons, symbols, practices, values, and legal systems from the United States, it can simply be
re-described as Americanization (rather than Westernization in the broad sense), or ' globalization
by Americanization ' (Hilger 2008). This is of central importance for the study of ethnic conﬂict.
In fact, the outcome is scarce hybridization, amalgamation, and metissage . Rather than providing
an inter-cultural bridge, this unilateral drive has often eroded the basis for mutual understanding,
impeding inter-ethnic, inter-cultural, and international interaction. Given the current vertical,
pyramidal structure of the ' cultural world order ' , the opportunity of distinctive groups to communicate
directly and appreciate each other's traditions has decreased, except in the virtual area of long-distance
communication. For an increasing number of individuals, an American mass consumer culture remains
the only window on the world. Hence, to know and appreciate one ' s neighbours has become an ever-arduous
task. To recapitulate my point, wherever cultural globalization appears as synonymous with Americanization,
it engenders conﬂicts on a variety of levels.
Because the process is one-way and unidirectional, the result is unlikely to be a fusion between
cultures or, evenless, the blending of ethnic groups. Contrary to the globalist utopia, the imposition
of more and more American icons means less and less possibility for direct inter-ethnic encounter
and communication among nations. Together with the collapse of state legitimacy, this substantially
contributes to the spread of ethnic conﬂict and nationalism.
Another aspect of cultural power of neoliberalism is that it accepts national elites (on some, less
favorable then "primary" elites conditions) as a part of a new transnational elite, which serves as
the dominant class. By class, following classic Marxism we mean a group of people who share a common
relationship to the process of social production and reproduction, positioned in the society relationally
on the basis of social power.
The struggle between descendant national fractions of dominant groups and ascendant transnational
fractions has often been the backdrop to surface political dynamics and ideological processes in
the late 20th century. These two fractions have been vying for control of local state apparatuses
since the 1970s.
Trans national fractions of local elites swept to power in countries around the world in the 1980s
and 1990s. They have captured the "commanding heights" of state policymaking: key ministries
and bureaucracies in the policymaking apparatus - especially Central Banks, finance and foreign ministries
- as key government branches that link countries to the global economy.
They have used national state apparatuses to advance globalization and to pursue sweeping economic
restructuring and the dismantling of the old nation-state–based Keynesian welfare and developmentalist
They have sought worldwide market liberalization (following the neoliberal model), and projects
of economic integration such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Asia Pacific
Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum, and the European Union. They have promoted a supra-national infrastructure
of the global economy, such as the World Trade Organization, as we discuss below.
In this new, transnational social system transnational corporations are intermixed
with nation-states which they have special privileges. And the state itself now serves not the people
of the country (which historically were upper classes) but primarily service the interests of the transnational
corporations (and, by extension, narrow strata of "comprador" elite, much like aristocracy of the past).
It is now extension and projection of corporate power ("What is good for GE is good for America").
Both the transactional elite (and first of all financial oligarchy) and transnational corporation enjoy
tremendous privileges under such a regime (corporate socialism, or socialism for the rich). Like Bolshevik
state was formally dictatorship of proletariat but in reality was dictatorship of the elite of an ideological
sect called Communist Party (so called nomenklatura), transformed nation-states like the USA, GB, France,
Russia, etc now to various degrees look like dictatorships of transnational elite (transnational bourgeoisie
like Marxist would say ;-) while formally remaining sovereign democratic republics. Like with Communist
Parties in various countries that does not excuse antagonism or even open hostilities.
That does not eliminates completely the elites competition and for example the EU elite put a knife
in the back of the US elite by adopting the euro as completing with the dollar currency (so much about
transatlantic solidarity), but still internalization of elites is a new and important process that is
more viable that neoliberal ideology as such. Also for any state national elite is not completely homogeneous.
While that is a significant part of it that favor globalization (comprador elite or lumpen elite) there
is also another part which prefer national development and is at least semi-hostile to globalism. Still
the comprador part of the elite represents a very important phenomenon, a real fifth column of globalization,
the part that makes globalization successful. It plays the role of Trojan horse within nation states
and the name "fifth column" in this sense is a very apt name. This subversive role of comprador elite
was clearly visible and well documented in Russian unsuccessful "white revolution" of 2011-2012: the
US supported and financed project of "regime change" in Russia. It is also clearly visible although
less well documented in other "color revolutions" such as Georgian, Serbian, and Ukrainian color revolutions.
comrade Trotsky would probably turn in his coffin if he saw what neoliberal ideologies made with his
theory of permanent revolution ;-).
As professor David Harvey noted in his
A Brief History of Neoliberalism neoliberal propaganda has succeeded in fixating the public on a
peculiar definition of "freedom" that has served as a smoke screen to conceal a project of speeding
upper class wealth accumulation. In practice, the neoliberal state assumes a protective role for large
and especially international corporations ("socialism for multinationals") while it sheds as much responsibility
for the citizenry as possible.
The key component of neoliberal propaganda (like was the case with Marxism) was an economic theory.
Like Marxism it has three components
For more information see
There is no question that neoliberalism emerged as another major world civic religion. It has its
saints, sacred books, moral (or more correctly in this case amoral) postulates and the idea of heaven
Neoliberalism shares several fundamental properties with high demand religious cults. Like all fundamentalist
cults, neoliberalism reduces a complex world to a set of simplistic dogmas (See Washington Consensus).
All of society is viewed through the prism of an economic lens. Economic growth, measured by GDP, is
the ultimate good. The market is the only and simultaneously the perfect mechanism to achieve this goal.
Neoliberalism obsession with materialism have become normalized to the degree that it is hard to imagine
what American society would look like in the absence of these structural and ideological features of
the new and militant economic Darwinism that now holds sway over the American public. The mantra is
well known: government is now the problem, society is a fiction, sovereignty is market-driven, deregulation
and commodification are the way to a bright future, and the profit is the only viable measure of the
good life and advanced society. Public values are a liability, if not a pathology. Democratic commitments,
social relations, and public spheres are disposables, much like the expanding population of the unemployed
and dispossessed. Any revolt is the threat to the neoliberal regime of truth and should be dealt with
unrestrained cruelty. The market functions best with minimal or no interference from government or civil
society and those who don't agree will be taken by police to the proper reeducation camps. All governments
with possible exception of the US government should be minimized to allow unrestricted dominance of
global corporations. The genius of neoliberalism as a cult, was its ability to cloak the US pretences
of world hegemony in an aura of scientific and historical inevitability. Which again makes it very similar
and in a way superior to Marxism as a cult. The collapse of the Soviet Union was the supreme, heaven
sent validation of Margaret Thatcher's claim that there was no alternative. There is only one blessed
road to prosperity and peace and outside it there is no salvation, nor remission from sins.
The great economic historian Karl Polanyi observed, "The idea of a self-adjusting market implied
a stark utopia." And neoliberalism was a stunning utopia of economic determinism, one even more ambitious
than that of Marx.
With all the big questions thus settled, history appeared to be at an end. There was one and only
one route to prosperity and peace. All that was required was to make sure the model was correctly
applied and all would be well. We all settled into our assigned roles. Capitalists retreated to the
role of technocrats, eschewing risk themselves while shifting and spreading it throughout society.
The rest of us were relegated to the roles not of citizens, but of consumers. Using our homes as
ATMs, we filled our lives with Chinese-made goods, oblivious to the looming environmental and social
costs of a runaway, unregulated consumer-driven society. Only a marginalized few questioned the basic
economic structure. It was the era of homo economicus, humans in service to the economy.
Now that perfect machinery lies in pieces all around us and the global economic free fall shows
no signs of ending any time soon. The fundamental reasons underlying the collapse aren't all that
difficult to discern. Central to the whole neoliberal project was the drive to rationalize all aspects
of human society. Relentless efforts to cut costs and increase efficiency drove down the living standards
of the vast majority, while the diminution of government and other non-commercial institutions led
to increasing concentration of wealth at the very top of society. As high paying jobs in the industrial
and technical sectors moved from developed countries to low wage export-based economies in the developing
world, capacity soon outstripped demand and profits in the real economy began to sag. Not content
with declining earnings, wealthy elites began to search for investments offering higher returns.
If these couldn't be found in the real economy, they could certainly be created in the exploding
Once consigned to the unglamorous world of matching those with capital to invest with those with
enterprises seeking to grow, finance became the powerful new engine of economic growth. No longer
stodgy, bankers and brokers became sexy and glamorous. Exotic new financial instruments, called derivatives,
traded on everything from commodities to weather.
This speculative frenzy was supported by a central bank only too happy to keep credit extremely
cheap. Debt exploded among consumers, businesses and government alike. Creating new debt became the
source of even more exotic investment vehicles, often bearing only the most tenuous of connections
to underlying assets of real value, with unwieldy names such as "collateralized debt obligations"
and "credit default swaps."
All the debt and the shuffling of fictional wealth hid the underlying rot of the real economy.
It was a house of cards just waiting for the slight breeze that would send it all crashing down.
And a collapse in housing prices in 2008 laid bare the economic contradictions.
The fundamental contradiction underlying much that confronts us in the age of crises is an economic
and social system requiring infinite growth within the confines of a finite planet. Any vision seeking
to replace neoliberalism must take this contradiction into account and resolve it. The overriding
market failure of our time has nothing to do with housing. It's the failure to place any value on
that which is truly most essential to our survival: clean air and water, adequate natural resources
for the present and future generations, and a climate suitable for human civilization.
No such new vision is currently in sight. That this leaves everyone, neoliberals and their foes
alike, in a state of uncertainty and doubt is hardly surprising. The seeming triumph of neoliberalism
was so complete that it managed to inculcate itself in the psyches even of those who opposed it.
We find ourselves unsure of terrain we thought we knew well, sensing that one era has ended but
unsure as to what comes next. We might do well to embrace that doubt and understand its power to
free us. Our doubt allows us to ask meaningful questions again and questioning implies the possibility
of real choice. Removing the intellectual straitjacket of neoliberal orthodoxy opens up the space
necessary to reconsider the purpose of an economy and its proper role in a decent human society and
to revisit the old debate over equity versus efficiency. It calls into question the assumption most
central to homo economicus; that all humans act only to maximize their own interests.
It seems clear that the world emerging over the coming decades will look quite different from
the one we now inhabit. Of necessity it will evolve in ways we can't fully understand just yet. Old
battle lines, such as the ones between capitalism and socialism, will likely fade away. Both of those
models arose in a world of abundant and cheap fossil fuels and within the confines a planet with
a seemingly endless capacity to absorb the wastes of our conspicuous consumption. New battle lines
are already beginning to take shape.
The Revolution is Upon Us The
Age of Crisis and the End of Homo Economicus Logos
I think that like is the case with Marxism, the staying power of neoliberalism is that propose the
religion picture of world with its "creation history", saints, and way of salvation. In a way it plays
the role similar to the role of Catholicism in middle ages (aka Dark Ages). The greed of catholic clergy
in Middle ages (trade in indulgencies) is a match of the greed of neoliberals( with financial derivates
replacing indulgencies ;-). It is equally hostile to any attempts to analyze it, with the minor difference
that heretics that question the sanctity of free market are not burned at the stake, but ostracized.
It support "new Crusades" with the same mechanism of "indulgences" for small countries that participate.
The level of hypocrisy is another shared trait. The great irony is that the USA, the world's leading
proponent of neoliberalism (with the US President as a Pope of this new religion), systematically is
breaking the rules when it find it necessary or convenient. With high deficit spending and massive subsidizing
of defense spending and financial sector, the United States has generally use a "do as I say, not as
I do" approach. And with the amount of political appointee/lobbyists shuttling back and forth between
business and government, Adam Smith's "Invisible
Hand" looks more and more like a crushing fist of corporatist thugs. It involves dogmatic belief
that the society is better off when ruled by a group of wealthy financiers and oligarchs, than by a
group of professional government bureaucrats and politicians with some participation of trade unions.
The USA also dominates the cultural scene:
The United States' position as the leading maker of global culture has been basically unchallenged
for the last century or so, especially in the Western world. Yet the economic power of the Western
world is waning even as new nations, with new models of economic and social life, are rising. Might
one -- or several -- of these nations like China, India or Brazil become new centers of global culture?
I believe that the answer to this question for the foreseeable future is "no." While the U.S.'s
cultural prominence is partially related to its political, military and economic power, such power
is not the only cause of America's global cultural hegemony. Rather, the U.S. offers a unique convergence
of several factors, including economic opportunity, political freedom and an immigrant culture that
served as a test bed for new cultural products.
Let me offer a brief account of the rise of the American film industry to suggest the way political,
economic and immigrant forces shaped American cultural hegemony. In the U.S., the film industry started
as commercial enterprise largely independent of state control. Movies had to adapt to market conditions
to earn profit for their producers. In order to achieve this goal, American movies needed to appeal
to a diverse population made up of both native-born and immigrant citizens.
As a consequence, filmmakers had to make movies that could appeal to international audiences simply
to meet domestic demand. This fact helped the American film industry become globally preeminent well
before the U.S. became a superpower. In other words, while U.S. military and economic power strengthened
the position of the U.S. movie industry as globally dominant, that position was not dependent on
U.S. military and economic power. Instead, American producers had a competitive advantage in global
markets that was later cemented in place by the U.S. post-war economic and military hegemony in the
After the dissolution of the USSR, the USA became natural center of the "neoliberal religion" a dominant
force in the new world order (the world's only superpower). And they used their newly acquired status
against states which were not "friendly enough" very similar to Catholicism with its Crusades, launching
a series of invasions and color revolutions against "nonbelievers" in a globalist neoliberal model.
The level of plunder of Russia after the dissolution of the USSR looks like a direct replay of Crusades
with the siege of Constantinople as primary example (despite stated goals, Crusades were by-and-large
a monetary enterprise of the time with fig leaf of spread of Catholicism attached). This period of neoliberal
crusades still continued in 2013, sometimes using various proxy to achieve "the regime change" by military
As we already refereed to neoliberalism as a cult an interesting question is whether neoliberalism
can be viewed new "civic
religion". The answer is unconditional yes, and I think that like Marxism before it should be considered
to be yet another civic religion. It has it's set of holy books, Supreme being to worship, path to salvation
and set of Apostils. Like communism before it propose humanity grand purpose and destiny.
Theistic and civic religions are also similar in that they both offer visions of humanity's
grand purpose and destiny.
There are also significant differences between theistic religions and civil religions. Theistic
religions explicitly rely on claims of divine authority for their validity, while civil religions
rely on reason and the interpretation of commonly-accepted historical knowledge. Followers of theistic
religions stress the importance of faith in times of adversity, while followers of civil religions
tend to have a more pragmatic attitude when reality casts doubt on their beliefs.
Civil religions are more like big social experiments than actual religions because their
central claims are much more falsifiable, and their followers show evidence of holding this perception
(e.g. references to "the American experiment"; the voluntary abandonment of Communism throughout
Eurasia when it became clear that it wasn't working).
Communism bears so much resemblance to Christianity because, as you mentioned last week, the Western
imagination was thoroughly in the grip of Christianity when Communism emerged. Communism is similar
to Christianity out of practical necessity: had it not been based on the Christian template, Communism
probably would have been too intellectually alien to its Western audience to have ever taken off.
Luckily for the founders of Communism, they were also subjected to this Christian cultural conditioning.
With all this in mind, and given that religion is evolving phenomenon, I think that civil
religion is actually a distinct species of intellectual organism which has (at least in part) evolved
out of religion.
Like Marxism, neoliberalism is first and foremost a
quasi religious political doctrine. But while Marxism is aimed at liberation of workers , a political
doctrine neoliberalism is aimed at restoring the power of capital. Neoliberalism originated in the rich
countries of Anglo-Saxon world (GB and USA) so along with open despise of poor, it always has a distinct
flavor of despise for peripheral countries. In global politics, neoliberalism preoccupies itself with
the promotion of four basic issues:
- Global democracy, under the benevolent guidance of the USA
- Free trade, which for countries outside G7 means unconditional opining of markets for top 1000
corporation from G7 countries.
- Global governance through international organizations, usage of IMG and World Bank to impose
neoliberalism on the countries which object such a course.
- Collective security (via NATO and regional blocks) which mean excluding the possibility of arising
players that can challenge the USA dominance as a sole superpower achieved after the dissolution
of the USSR.
As such, neoliberalism, in its crudest form, is crystallized in the Ten Commandments of the 1989
(policy of debt slavery set for the world by the US via international financial institutions). While
pushing the democracy as a smoke screen, they implicitly postulate hegemony of the financial elite (which
is a part of "economic elite" that neoliberalism defines as a hegemonic class).
of the economy also serves as a powerful method of redistribution of wealth, so neoliberalism generally
lead to deterioration of standard of living for lower quintile of the population and in some countries
(like Russia in 1991-2000) for the majority of the population. This is done largely via credit system
and in this sense neoliberalism represents "reinters paradise". Neoliberal globalization was built on
the foundation of US hegemony, conceived as the projection of the hegemony of the US capital and dollar
as the dominant reserve currency. As such it is critically dependent of the power and stability of the
US and the financial, economic, political and military supremacy of the US in every region. For this
purpose the USA maintains over 500 military bases (737 by some counts) and over 2.5 million of military
But there are also important differences. Unlike most religions, neoliberalism is highly criminogenic
(i.e., having the quality of causing or fostering crime). It is more criminogenic in countries with
lower standard of living and in such countries it often lead to conversion of a "normal", but poor state
into a kleptocratic state (Yeltsin's Russia is a good example) with the requisite mass poverty (Global
Anomie, Dysnomie and Economic Crime Hidden Consequences of Neoliberalism and Globalization in Russia
and Around the World). Unfortunately architects of this transformation (Harvard
Mafia in case of Russia) usually avoid punishment for their crimes. Corruption of the US regulators
which happened under neoliberal regime starting from Reagan is also pretty well covered theme.
While economic crisis of 2008 led to a crisis of neoliberalism, this is not necessary a terminal
crisis. The phase of neoliberal dominance still continues, but internal contradictions became much deeper
and the regime became increasingly unstable even in the citadel of neoliberalism -- the USA. Neoliberalism
as an intellectual product is practically dead. After the crisis of 2008, the notion that finance mobilizes
and allocates resources efficiently, drastically reduces systemic risks and brings significant productivity
gains for the economy as a whole became untenable. But its zombie phase supported by several states
(the USA, GB, Germany), transnational capital (and financial capital in particular) and respective elites
out of the sense of self-preservation might continue (like Bolshevism rule in the USSR in 70th-80th)
despite increasing chance of facing discontent of population and bursts of social violence.
Cornerstone of neoliberal regime, the economic power of the USA is now under threat from the rise
of Asia. This is one reason of mutation of neoliberalism into aggressive neoconservative imperialism
that we witness in the USA.
While intellectually neoliberalism was bankrupt from the beginning, after 2008 believing it in is
possible only by ignoring the results of deregulation in the USA and other countries. In other words
the mythology of self-regulating "free market" became a "damaged goods". In this sense, any sensible
person should now hold neoliberal sect in contempt. But reality is different and it still enjoy the
support of the part of population which can't see through the smoke screen. With the strong support
of financial oligarchy neoliberalism will continue to exists in zombie state for quite a while, although
I hope this will not last as long as dominance of Catholicism during European Dark Ages ;-). Still the
US is yet to see its Luther. As was noted about a different, older sect: "Men are blind to prefer
an absurd and sanguinary creed, supported by executioners and surrounded by fiery faggots, a creed which
can only be approved by those to whom it gives power and riches".
Like communism in the USSR it is a state supported religion: Neoliberalism enjoys support of western
governments and first of all the US government. Even when the US society entered deep crisis in 2008
and fabric of the society was torn by neoliberal policies it did not lose government support.
US was an imperial nation driven by annexation of territories from the very beginning
USA has a history of "plain vanilla" (British style) imperialism, based on annexation and occupation
of territories since the presidency of James K. Polk who led the United States into the
Mexican–American War of 1846, and the eventual annexation of California and other western
territories via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and the Gadsden purchase. The term is most
commonly used to describe the U.S.'s status since the 20th century (Empire
Annexation was the crucial instrument
in the expansion of the USA after it won independence. The United States Congress' ability to
annex a foreign territory is explained in a report from the Congressional Committee on Foreign Relations,
The term "American Empire" refers to the United States' cultural ideologies and foreign policy
strategies. The term is most commonly used to describe the U.S.'s status since the 20th century,
but it can also be applied to the United States' world standing before the rise of nationalism in
the 20th century. The United States is not traditionally recognized as an empire, in part because
the U.S. adopted a different political system from those that previous empires had used. Despite
these systematic differences, the political objectives and strategies of the United States
government have been quite similar to those of previous empires. Krishna Kumar explores this idea
that the distinct principles of nationalism and imperialism may, in fact, result in one common
In "Nation-states as empires, empires as nation-states: two principles, one practice?" she
argues that the pursuit of nationalism can often coincide with the pursuit of imperialism in
terms of strategy and decision making. Throughout the 19th century, the United States
government attempted to expand their territory by any means necessary. Regardless of the supposed
motivation for this constant expansion, all of these land acquisitions were carried out by
imperialistic means. This was done by financial means in some cases, and by military force in
others. Most notably, the Louisiana Purchase (1803), the Texas Annexation (1845), and the Mexican
Cession (1848) highlight the imperialistic goals of the United States during this "modern period"
The U.S. government has stopped pursuing additional territories since the mid 20th century.
However, some scholars still consider U.S. foreign policy strategies to be imperialistic. This
idea is explored in the "contemporary usage" section.
... ... ...
Stuart Creighton Miller posits that the public's sense of innocence about Realpolitik (cf.
American Exceptionalism) impairs popular recognition of US imperial conduct since it governed
other countries via surrogates. These surrogates were domestically-weak, right-wing governments
that would collapse without US support. Former President G.W. Bush's Secretary of Defense,
Donald Rumsfeld, said: "We don't seek empires. We're not imperialistic; we never have been."
This statement directly contradicts Thomas Jefferson who, in the 1780s while awaiting the fall of
the Spanish empire, said: "...till our population can be sufficiently advanced to gain it from
them piece by piece". In turn, historian Sidney Lens argues that from its inception,
the US has used every means available to dominate other nations. Other historian Max
Ostrovsky argues that the term hegemony is better than empire to describe the US' role in the
world but finds that hegemony is likely to be an intermediate stage between states system and
... ... ...
In his book review of Empire (2000) by Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri, Mehmet Akif Okur
posits that since the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks in the US, the international relations
determining the world's balance of power (political, economic, military) have been altered. These
alterations include the intellectual (political science) trends that perceive the contemporary
world's order via the re-territorrialisation of political space, the re-emergence of classical
imperialist practices (the "inside" vs. "outside" duality, cf. the Other), the deliberate
weakening of international organisations, the restructured international economy, economic
nationalism, the expanded arming of most countries, the proliferation of nuclear weapon
capabilities and the politics of identity emphasizing a state's subjective perception of its
place in the world, as a nation and as a civilisation. These changes constitute the "Age of
Nation Empires"; as imperial usage, nation-empire denotes the return of geopolitical power from
global power blocs to regional power blocs (i.e., centered upon a "regional power" state [China,
Russia, U.S., et al.]) and regional multi-state power alliances (i.e., Europe, Latin America,
South East Asia). Nation-empire regionalism claims sovereignty over their respective (regional)
political (social, economic, ideologic), cultural, and military spheres.
"If, in the judgment of Congress, such a measure is supported by a safe and wise policy, or is based
upon a natural duty that we owe to the people of Hawaii, or is necessary for our national development
and security, that is enough to justify annexation, with the consent of the recognized government of
the country to be annexed."
Even prior to annexing a territory, the American government usually held tremendous political power
in those territories through the various legislations passed in the late 1800s. The Platt Amendment
was utilized to prevent Cuba from entering into any agreements with foreign nations, and also granted
the Americans the right to build naval stations on their soil.
Executive officials in the American government began to determine themselves the supreme authority in
matters regarding the recognition or restriction of
When asked on April 28, 2003, on
al-Jazeera whether the United
States was "empire building," Secretary of Defense
Donald Rumsfeld replied
"We don't seek empires, we're not imperialistic. We never have been."
And this denial is typical for "Empire of Lies" as some researchers call the USA. Historian
Donald W. Meinig says the
imperial behavior by the United States dates at least to the
Louisiana Purchase, which
he describes as an "imperial acquisition-imperial in the sense of the aggressive encroachment of one
people upon the territory of another, resulting in the subjugation of that people to alien rule." The
U.S. policies towards the Native
Americans he said were "designed to remold them into a people more appropriately conformed to imperial
Writers and academics of the early 20th century, like
Charles A. Beard,
discussed American policy as being driven by self-interested expansionism going back as far as the writing
of the Constitution. Some politicians today do not agree.
Pat Buchanan claims that the
modern United States' drive to empire is "far removed from what the Founding Fathers had intended the
young Republic to become."
Andrew Bacevich who
is a an influencial writer about the US empite with his book American empite (2002) argues
that the U.S. did not fundamentally change its
policy after the Cold War,
and remains focused on an effort to expand its control across the world.
As the surviving superpower at the end of the Cold War, the U.S. could focus its assets in new directions,
the future being "up for grabs" according to former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
Paul Wolfowitz in 1991.
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, the political activist
Noam Chomsky argues that exceptionalism
and the denials of imperialism are the result of a systematic strategy of propaganda, to "manufacture
opinion" as the process has long been described in other countries.
Thorton wrote that "[…]imperialism is more often the name of the emotion that reacts to a series
of events than a definition of the events themselves. Where colonization finds analysts and analogies,
imperialism must contend with crusaders for and against."
Political theorist Michael Walzer
argues that the term hegemony is
better than empire to describe the US's role in the world;
political scientist Robert Keohane
agrees saying, a "balanced and nuanced analysis is not aided...by the use of the phrase 'empire' to
describe United States hegemony, since 'empire' obscures rather than illuminates the differences in
form of rule between the United States and other Great Powers, such as Great Britain in the 19th century
or the Soviet Union in the
Emmanuel Todd assumes that
USA cannot hold for long the status of mondial hegemonic power due to limited resources. Instead, USA
is going to become just one of the major regional powers along with European Union, China, Russia, etc.
relations scholar Joseph Nye
argues that U.S. power is more and more based on "soft
power", which comes from
rather than raw military or economic force.
This includes such factors as the widespread desire to emigrate to the United States, the prestige and
corresponding high proportion of foreign students at U.S. universities, and the spread of U.S. styles
of popular music and cinema. Mass immigration into America may justify this theory, but it is hard to
know for sure whether the United States would still maintain its prestige without its military and economic
Military and cultural
imperialism are interdependent. American
Edward Said, one of the founders
of post-colonial theory,
[…], so influential has been the discourse insisting on American specialness, altruism and opportunity,
that imperialism in the United States as a word or ideology has turned up only rarely and recently
in accounts of the United States culture, politics and history. But the connection between imperial
politics and culture in North
America, and in particular in the United States, is astonishingly direct.
International relations scholar David Rothkopf disagrees and argues that cultural imperialism is
the innocent result of globalization,
which allows access to numerous U.S. and Western ideas and products that many non-U.S. and non-Western
consumers across the world voluntarily choose to consume.
has a similar analysis, but argues further that the global cultural influence of the U.S. is a good
Nationalism is the main process
through which the government is able to shape public opinion.
Propaganda in the media is strategically
placed in order to promote a common attitude among the people. Louis A. Perez Jr. provides an example
of propaganda used during the war of 1898,
"We are coming, Cuba, coming; we are bound to set you free! We are coming from the mountains,
from the plains and inland sea! We are coming with the wrath of God to make the Spaniards flee! We
are coming, Cuba, coming; coming now!"
Chip Pitts argues similarly
that enduring U.S. bases in Iraq suggest a vision of "Iraq
as a colony".[
While territories such as Guam,
the United States
Virgin Islands, the
Northern Mariana Islands,
American Samoa and
Puerto Rico remain under U.S.
control, the U.S. allowed many of its overseas territories or occupations to gain independence after
World War II. Examples include
the Philippines (1946), the
Panama canal zone (1979),
Palau (1981), the
of Micronesia (1986) and the
Marshall Islands (1986).
Most of them still have U.S. bases within their territories. In the case of
Okinawa, which came under U.S. administration
after the Battle of Okinawa
during the Second World War, this happened despite local popular opinion.
As of 2003, the United States had bases in over 36 countries worldwide.
How America built its empire The real history of American foreign policy that the media won't tell you
When you talk about the effectiveness of American imperialism, you highlight the fact that part
of the reason it's so effective is because it has been able to be largely invisible, and it has been
invisible, you point out, through, I think, two mechanisms, one, that it trains the elites in other
countries in order to manage affairs on behalf of American imperialism, and also because it disseminates,
through popular media, images of America that in essence -- I'm not sure you use this word exactly
-- indoctrinate or brainwash a population into allowing them to believe that America is instilled
with values that in fact it doesn't have, the ability of imperialistic forces to supposedly give
these values to the countries they dominate.
I mean, that is a kind of a raison d'être for economic and even military intervention, as we saw
in Iraq, in planning democracy in Baghdad and letting it spread out across the Middle East, or going
into Afghanistan to liberate the women of Afghanistan. That, as somebody who spent 20 years on the
outer edges of empire, is a lie.
The other day I wrote Perry Anderson, the subject of the following interview, to ask what he thought
of the foreign policy debates, such as they are, among our presidential aspirants. Logical question:
Anderson, a prominent scholar and intellectual for decades, has just published "American Foreign
Policy and Its Thinkers," a superbly lucid account of U.S policy's historical roots and the people
who shape policy in our time.
"Current candidates' f/p talk leaves me speechless," came Anderson's terse reply.
defensible. Most of what these people have to say-and I do not exclude the Democratic candidates-is
nothing more than a decadent, late-exceptionalist rendering of a policy tradition that, as Anderson's
book reminds readers, once had a coherent rationale even as it has so often led to incoherent, irrational
Born in London in 1938-during the Munich crisis, as he points out-Anderson has been a presence
on the trans-Atlantic intellectual scene since he took the editor's chair at the then-struggling
New Left Review in 1962, when he was all of 24. Eight years later NLR launched Verso, a book imprint
as singular (and as singularly influential) as the journal.
Anderson has headed both at various intervals for years. His own books range widely. My favorites
are "Zone of Engagement" (1992) and "Spectrum" (2005), which collect essays on an amazing range of
20th century thinkers. To them I now add the new foreign policy book, which I count indispensable
to anyone serious about the topic.
I met Anderson, who has taught comparative political and intellectual history at UCLA since 1989,
at his home in Santa Monica this past summer. Over a fulsome afternoon's conversation in his admirably
spartan study, he impressed me again and as readers will see for themselves, but the counterarguments
are generously given and always rewarding.
The transcript that follows is the first of two parts and includes a few questions posed via email
after we met. It is otherwise only lightly edited. Part 2 will appear next week.
"American Foreign Policy and its Thinkers" is well timed, given the unusual prominence
foreign policy now assumes in the American political conversation. How would you describe your approach?
What distinguishes the book from so many others? How should one read it? What's the project?
The book tries to do two things. One is to cover the history of American foreign policy, from
around 1900 to the present, tracing the gradual construction of a global empire. This first really
came into view as a prospect during the Second World War and is today a reality across all five continents,
as a glance at the skein of its military bases makes clear. The Cold War was a central episode within
this trajectory, but the book doesn't treat just the U.S. record vis-á-vis the USSR or China. It
tries to deal equally with American relations with the Europe and Japan, and also with the
Third World, treated not as a homogenous entity but as four or five zones that required different
The second part of the book is a survey of American grand strategy-that is, the different ways
leading counselors of state interpret the current position of the United States on the world stage
and their recommendations for what Washington should do about it.
The "big think" set, in other words-Kissinger, of course, Brzezinski, Walter Russell Mead,
Robert Kagan. And then people such as Francis Fukuyama, whom I consider a ridiculous figure but whose
thinking you judged worth some scrutiny. How did you choose these?
From the range of in-and-outers-thinkers moving between government and the academy or think-tanks-who
have sought to guide U.S. foreign policy since 2000, with some intellectual originality. Kissinger
isn't among these. His ideas belong to a previous epoch, his later offerings are boilerplate. Fukuyama,
who sensed what the effects of office on thought could be, and got out of state service quite early,
is a mind of a different order. The figures selected cover the span of options within what has always
been a bipartisan establishment.
You make a distinction between American exceptionalism, which is much in the air, and
American universalism, which few of us understand as a separate matter. The first holds America to
be singular (exceptional), and the second that the world is destined to follow us, that the trails
we've blazed are the future of humanity. You call this a "potentially unstable compound." Could you
elaborate on this distinction, and explain why you think it's unstable?
It's unstable because the first can exist without the second. There is, of course, a famous ideological
linkage between the two in the religious idea, specific to the United States, of Providence-that
is, divine Providence. In your own book "Time No Longer" you cite an astounding expression of this
notion: "However one comes to the debate, there can be little question that the hand of Providence
has been on a nation which finds a Washington, a Lincoln, or a Roosevelt when it needs him." That
pronouncement was delivered in the mid-1990s-not by some television preacher, but by Seymour Martin
Lipset: chairs at Harvard and Stanford, president of both the American Sociological and the American
Political Science Associations, a one-time social democrat.
What is the force of this idea? A belief that God has singled out America as a chosen nation for
exceptional blessings, a notion which then easily becomes a conviction of its mission to bring the
benefits of the Lord to the world. President after president, from Truman through to Kennedy, the
younger Bush to Obama, reiterate the same tropes: "God has given us this, God has given us that,"
and with the unique freedom and prosperity he has conferred on us comes a universal calling to spread
these benefits to the rest of the world. What is the title of the most ambitious contemporary account
of the underlying structures of American foreign policy? "Special Providence," by Walter Russell
Mead. Year of publication: 2001.
But while a messianic universalism follows easily from providential exceptionalism, it is not
an ineluctable consequence of it. You mount a powerful attack on the idea of exceptionalism in "Time
No Longer," but-we may differ on this-if we ask what is the more dangerous element in the unstable
compound of the nation's image of itself, I would say exceptionalism is the less dangerous. That
may seem paradoxical. But historically the idea of exceptionalism allowed for an alternative, more
modest deduction: that the country was different from all others, and so should not be meddling with
them-the argument of Washington's Farewell Address [in 1796].
A century later, this position became known as isolationism, and as the American empire took shape,
it was all but invariably castigated as narrow-minded, short-sighted and selfish. But it could often
be connected with a sense that the republic was in danger at home, with domestic ills that needed
to be addressed, which vast ambitions abroad would only compound. Mead terms this strand in American
sensibility Jeffersonian, which isn't an accurate description of Jefferson's own empire-building
outlook, but he otherwise captures it quite well.
We don't ordinarily apply the term "exceptionalist" in the same breath to America and
to Japan, though if there is any nation that claims to be completely unique, it is Japan. But the
claim produced a drastic isolationism as a national impulse, both in the Tokugawa period [1603-1868,
a period of severely enforced seclusion] and after the war. Does that support the point you're making?
Exactly. Historically, exceptionalism could generate a self-limiting, self-enclosing logic as
well as the gigantic expansionist vanities of the Co-Prosperity Sphere and the "Free World" [narrative].
In the American case, the two strands of exceptionalism and universalism remained distinct, respectively
as isolationist and interventionist impulses, sometimes converging but often diverging, down to the
Second World War. Then they fused. The thinker who wrote best about this was Franz Schurmann, whose
" Logic of World Power" came out during the Vietnam War. He argued that each had a distinct political-regional
base: the social constituency for isolationism was small business and farming communities in the
Midwest, for interventionism it was the banking and manufacturing elites of the East Coast, with
often sharp conflicts between the two up through the end of thirties. But in the course of the Second
World War they came together in a synthesis he attributed-somewhat prematurely-to FDR, and they have
remained essentially interwoven ever since. The emblematic figure of this change was [Arthur H.]
Vandenberg, the Republican Senator from Michigan [1928-51], who remained an isolationist critic of
interventionism even for a time after Pearl Harbor, but by the end of the war had become a pillar
of the new imperial consensus.
Mainstream debate today seems to have constructed two very stark alternatives: There is
either engagement or isolation. In this construction, engagement means military engagement; if we
are not going to be militarily engaged we are isolationists. I find that absolutely wrong. There
are multiple ways of being engaged with the world that have nothing to do with military assertion.
True, but engagement in that usage doesn't mean just military engagement,
but power projection more generally. One of the thinkers I discuss toward the end of my book is Robert
Art, a lucid theorist of military power and its political importance to America, who argues for what
he calls selective-expressly, not universal-engagement. What is unusual about him is that in seeking
to discriminate among engagements the U.S. should and should not select, he starts considering in
a serious, non-dismissive way what would typically be construed as isolationist alternatives, even
if ending with a fairly conventional position.
How far do you view the contemporary American crisis-if you accept that we are living
through one-as, at least in part, one of consciousness? As an American, I tend to think that no significant
departure from where find ourselves today can be achieved until we alter our deepest notions of ourselves
and our place among others. I pose this question with some trepidation, since a change in consciousness
is a generational project, if not more. Our leadership is not remotely close even to thinking about
this. I'm suggesting a psychological dimension to our predicament, and you may think I put too much
weight on that.
You ask at the outset whether I accept that Americans are living through a crisis. My reply would
be: not anything like the order of crisis that would bring about the sort of change in consciousness
for which you might hope. You describe that as a generational project, and there, yes, one can say
that among the youngest cohorts of the U.S. population, the ideologies of the status quo are less
deeply embedded, and in certain layers even greatly weakened. That is an important change, but it's
generational, rather than society-wide, and it's not irreversible.
At the level of the great majority, including, naturally, the upper middle class, the image you
use to describe the purpose of your last book applies: you write that it aims "to sound the tense
strings wound between the pegs of myth and history during the hundred years and a few that I take
to be the American century. It is this high, piercing tone that Americans now have a chance to render,
hear, and recognize all at once. We have neither sounded nor heard it yet." That's all too true,
unfortunately. The most one can say is that, among a newer generation, the strings are fraying a
I tend to distinguish between strong nations and the merely powerful, the former being
supple and responsive to events, the later being brittle and unstable. Is this a useful way to judge
America in the early 21st century-monumentally powerful but of dubious strength? If so, doesn't it
imply some change in the American cast of mind, as the difference between the two sinks in?
That depends on the degree of instability you sense in the country. In general, a major change
in consciousness occurs when there is a major alteration in material conditions of life. For example,
if a deep economic depression or dire ecological disaster strikes a society, all bets are off. Then,
suddenly, thoughts and actions that were previously inconceivable become possible and natural. That
isn't the situation so far in America.
Can you discuss the new accord with Iran in this context? I don't see any question it's
other than a breakthrough, a new direction. What do you think were the forces propelling the Obama
administration to pursue this pact? And let's set aside the desire for a "legacy" every president
cultivates late in his time.
The agreement with Iran is an American victory but not a departure in U.S. foreign policy. Economic
pressure on Iran dates back to Carter's time, when the U.S. froze the country's overseas assets after
the ousting of the Shah, and the full range of ongoing U.S. sanctions was imposed by the Clinton
administration in 1996. The Bush administration escalated the pressure by securing U.N. generalization
of sanctions in 2006, and the Obama administration has harvested the effect.
Over the past decade, the objective has always been the same: to protect Israel's nuclear monopoly
in the region without risking an Israeli blitz on Iran to preserve it-that might set off too great
a wave of popular anger in the Middle East. It was always likely, as I point out in "American Policy
and its Thinkers," that the clerical regime in Tehran would buckle under a sustained blockade, if
that was the price of its survival. The agreement includes a time-out clause to save its face, but
the reality is an Iranian surrender.
You can see how little it means any alteration in imperial operations in the region by looking
at what the Obama administration is doing in Yemen, assisting Saudi Arabia's wholesale destruction
of civilian life there in the interest of thwarting imaginary Iranian schemes.
This next question vexes many people, me included. On the one hand, the drives underlying
the American imperium are material: the expansion of capital and the projection of power by its political
representatives. The American mythologies are shrouds around these. On the other hand, the issue
of security has a long history among Americans. It is authentically an obsession independent of capital-American
paranoia dates back at least to the 18th century. I don't take these two accountings to be mutually
exclusive, but I'd be interested to know how you reconcile these different threads in American foreign
Yes, there has been a longstanding-you could say aboriginal-obsession with security in the United
States. This can be traced as an independent strand running through the history of American dealings
with the outside world. What happened, of course, from the Cold War through to the "war on terror"
was a ruthless instrumentalization of this anxiety for purposes of expansion rather than defense.
At the start of the Cold War you had the National Security Act and the creation of the National Security
Council, and today we have the National Security Agency. Security became a euphemistic cloak for
The United States occupies the better part of a continent separated by two immense oceans, which
nobody in modern history has had any serious chance of invading, unlike any other major state in
the world, all of which have contiguous land-borders with rival powers, or are separated from them
only by narrow seas. The U.S. is protected by a unique geographical privilege. But if its expansion
overseas cannot be attributed to imperatives of security, what has driven it?
A gifted and important group of historians, the Wisconsin school [which included the late William
Appleman Williams, among others], has argued that the secret of American expansion has from the beginning
lain in the quest by native capital for continuously larger markets, which first produced pressure
on the internal frontier and the march across the continent to the Pacific, and when the West Coast
was reached, a drive beyond into Asia and Latin America, and ultimately the rest of the world, under
the ideology of the Open Door.
A couple of good scholars, Melvyn Leffler and Wilson Miscamble, one a liberal and the other a
conservative, have identified my position with this tradition, taxing me with a belief that American
foreign policy is essentially just an outgrowth of American business. This is a mistake. My argument
is rather that because of the enormous size and self-sufficiency of the American economy, the material
power at the disposal of the American state exceeded anything that American capital could directly
make use of or require.
If you look at the First World War, you can see this very clearly. East Coast bankers and munitions
manufacturers did well out of supplying the Entente powers, but there was no meaningful economic
rationale for American entry into the war itself. The U.S. could tip the scales in favor of the British
and French variants of imperialism against the German and Austrian variants without much cost to
itself, but also much to gain.
The same gap between the reach of American business and the power of the American state explains
the later hegemony of the United States within the advanced capitalist world after the Second World
War. Standard histories wax lyrical in admiration of the disinterested U.S. generosity that revived
Germany and Japan with the Marshall and Dodge Plans [reconstruction programs after 1945], and it
is indeed the case that policies crafted at the State and Defense Departments did not coincide with
the desiderata of the Commerce Department. The key requirement was to rebuild these former enemies
as stable capitalist bulwarks against communism, even if this meant there could be no simple Open
Door into them for U.S. capital.
For strategic political reasons, the Japanese were allowed to re-create a highly protected economy,
and American capital was by and large barred entry. The priority was to defend the general integrity
of capitalism as a global system against the threat of socialism, not particular returns to U.S.
business. The importance of those were never, of course, ignored. But they had to bide their time.
Today's Trans-Pacific Partnership will finally pry open Japanese financial, retail and other markets
that have remained closed for so long.
I'd like to turn to the origins of the Cold War, since I believe we are never going to
get anywhere until these are honestly confronted. You give a forceful account of Stalin's reasons
for avoiding confrontation after 1945 and Washington's reasons for not doing so. But should we attribute
the outbreak of the Cold War to the U.S. without too much in the way of qualification?
We can look at the onset of the Cold War on two levels. One is that of punctual events. There,
you are certainly right to pick out the ideological starting gun as Truman's speech on Greece in
1947, designed the "scare hell" out of voters to win acceptance for military aid to the Greek monarchy.
In policy terms, however, the critical act that set the stage for confrontation with Moscow was the
flat American refusal to allow any serious reparations for the staggering level of destruction Russia
suffered from the German attack on it. The most developed third of the country was laid waste, its
industry and its cities wrecked, while Americans suffered not a fly on the wrist at home-basking,
on the contrary, in a massive economic boom. There was no issue Stalin spoke more insistently about
than reparations in negotiations among the Allies. But once the fighting was over, the U.S. reneged
on wartime promises and vetoed reparations from the larger part of Germany-far the richest and most
developed, and occupied by the West-because it did not want to strengthen the Soviet Union and
did want to rebuild the Ruhr as an industrial base under Western control, with a view to
creating what would subsequently become the Federal Republic.
Can you put Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this context?
Prior to this came Truman's decision to drop atomic bombs on Japan. He did so, of course, to shorten
the war, and partly also because the Pentagon wanted to test its new weapons. But there was a further
reason for the obliteration of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was urgent to secure a Japanese surrender
before the Red Army could get close to the country, for fear that Moscow might insist on a Soviet
presence in the occupation of Japan. The U.S. was determined not to let the Russians in, as they
could not stop them from doing in Germany. So if we look just at events, you can say the starting
points were the use of atomic bombs in Japan and the refusal of reparations in Germany. In that sense,
those who argue that the Cold War was an American initiative-the Swedish historian Anders Stephanson,
who has written most deeply about this, calls it an American project-are justified in doing so.
So these are your "punctual events."
Exactly. On the hand, if we look at the structural origins of the Cold War, they don't lie in
these punctual events, but in the radical incompatibility between American capitalism and Soviet
communism as forms of economy, society and polity. Revisionist historians have pointed out quite
properly that Stalin was defensive in outlook after the war, determined to erect a protective
glacis in Eastern Europe against any repetition of the Nazi invasion of Russia, but otherwise
acutely conscious of Soviet weakness and superior Western strength.
All of that is true, but at the same time Stalin remained a communist who firmly believed that
the ultimate mission of the world's working class was to overthrow capitalism, everywhere. His immediate
stance was defensive, but in the much longer run his expectation was offensive. In that sense, U.S.
policies toward the USSR were not needlessly aggressive, as revisionists maintain, but perfectly
rational. The two systems were mortal antagonists.
Let's move to the topic of social democracy. I did a lot of my learning in developing
countries and have a sense that Washington's true Cold War enemy was social democracy as it spread
through Western Europe and all the newly independent nations. What's your view of this?
Strong disagreement, so far as Europe is concerned. If you look at the
whole period from 1945 through to the present, you could argue that, on the contrary, European social
democracy was Washington's best friend in the region. NATO was the brainchild not of the Pentagon
but of Ernest Bevin, the social-democratic foreign secretary in Britain. Attlee, his prime minister,
then split his own government by cutting the health service to fund rearmament for the American war
in Korea. In France, the most ruthless crackdown on labor unrest after the war came from Jules Moch,
the Socialist interior minister.
Think, too, of the Norwegian social democrat who Washington put in charge of the U.N. as its first
secretary general, Trygve Lie, an odious collaborator with McCarthyism inside the United Nations.
This was the period in which Irving Brown of the A.F.L., working closely with local social democrats,
was installed in Europe by the C.I.A. with funds to divide and corrupt trade unions everywhere. He
was still active in plotting against Allende [the Chilean social democratic president] in the '70s.
As to more recent years, who was Bush's most ardent European ally in the war on Iraq? Not any conservative
politician, but British social democrat Blair.
There were exceptions to this dismal record, but few and far between. Not by accident, they generally
came from neutral countries that stayed out of the Cold War. In Sweden, Olaf Palme was a courageous
opponent of the American war in Vietnam, detested by the U.S. for that reason. In Austria, Bruno
Kreisky took an independent line on the Middle East, refusing to fall in with Western support for
Israel-itself governed in those years by another social democratic party-and so was scarcely less
disliked by the U.S.
But the dominant pattern has always been craven submission to Washington.
Well, I was thinking more of figures like Mossadeq, Arbenz and Allende-maybe the Sandinistas,
Their fate is certainly relevant, but there you are talking of a different
political phenomenon-nationalism in the Third World, typically though not invariably of the left.
You could add Lumumba in the Congo, Goulart in Brazil, Bosch in the Dominican Republic and others
to the list. Not all were figures of the left, but from the Cold War onward the U.S. regarded nearly
all serious attempts at nationalization of local resources as a threat to capital and worked to subvert
or overthrow those who undertook them. A good part of my book is devoted to this front of imperial
I've often wondered what the fate of Cuba would have been if Castro had been properly
received in Washington in 1960. Could he have become something like a social democrat?
Excluded, if only because of the side of the Cuban Revolution that distinguished
it from both the Chinese Revolution and from the outcome of Russian Revolution after Lenin, which
was genuine internationalism. It had to be internationalist because it was a small island close to
the United States, not a huge country far away, so it needed revolutionary solidarity within Latin
America, which it couldn't hope for as long the continent was populated by assorted clients of the
United States, most of them dictators. So even if, counterfactually, Eisenhower or Kennedy had rolled
out a tactical red carpet for Fidel, there would have still have been insurmountable conflict over
all these Latin American regimes propped up by the United States. The Cubans would have never said,
if you put up with us, you can do what you want anywhere. Think of the fact they sent troops [in
1975] even to Angola-where they had no regional connection at all-to save it from a U.S.-backed invasion
by South Africa.
Do you see any inflections in the development of American foreign policy over this period?
There is an underlying continuity in the long arc of the U.S. imperium
that extends from FDR to Obama. But one can distinguish successive phases in this arc. You have the
period that runs from Truman to Kennedy, the high Cold War. Then comes Nixon, the only American president
with an original mind in foreign policy. He was intelligent because he was so cynical. He wasn't
taken in or mystified by the enormous amount of rhetoric surrounding the lofty U.S. mission in the
world. He was therefore more ruthless, but also genuinely innovative in a whole series of ways, the
most important of which was to capitalize on the Sino-Soviet split.
The next phase runs from Carter through Reagan to the elder Bush, which sees a reversion to the
earlier forms of foreign policy during the Cold War. The fourth phase, of humanitarian intervention,
from Clinton through the younger Bush to Obama.
I once thought Carter was an exception in this line, but have since been persuaded to
If you're interested in Carter, there's a good chapter on him in the huge
"Cambridge History of the Cold War" by a scholar sympathetic to Carter, which captures the ambiguities
and contradictions of his presidency quite well. He did, of course, talk a lot about human rights
at the beginning of his tenure, and appointed Patricia Derian, who genuinely believed in them but
was quite powerless, to an assistant position in the State Department. But one has to remember that
at the outset he appointed Zbigniew Brzezinski as national security adviser, on whom he relied throughout
Brzezinski was in many ways brighter than Kissinger, in later years an overrated showman not particularly
interesting as a thinker. Brzezinski's cold, brittle mind was a good deal sharper. He was also as
much, if not more, of a hawk than Kissinger had been. His masterstroke was funding religious and
tribal resistance to the Communist regime in Afghanistan well before any Soviet troops were there,
with the clear-cut and entirely successful aim of making the country the Vietnam of the USSR. There
followed the Carter Doctrine, which put the U.S. into the military emplacements in the Gulf, where
it remains today, while the president was toasting the Shah as a close personal friend and pillar
of human rights. To top it off, with Brzezinski at his elbow again, Carter patronized and protected
Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, keeping them at the U.N. as the legitimate government of Cambodia, as
part of the deal with China for its attack on Vietnam.
In the Middle East, the peace treaty between Sadat and Begin is generally credited to Carter.
Its precondition, however, was the double rescue of Israel and of Egypt by Nixon and Kissinger in
the 1973 war, which put both countries into the palm of the American hand. What was the regional
upshot? Sadat ditched the Palestinians and became a well-funded U.S. client, Begin secured an ally
on Israel's southern flank and the Egyptians got the tyranny of Sadat, Mubarak and now Sisi for the
next 40 years. Yet to this day Carter gushes over Sadat, a torturer whose memory is loathed by his
people, as a wonderful human being. What is nevertheless true is that with all his weaknesses-and
worse-Carter was a contradictory figure, who, once he was ousted from office, behaved more decently
than any other ex-president in recent memory. Today, he's almost a pariah because of what he says
on Israel. One can respect him for that.
Turning to Europe for a moment, I often feel disappointed-I don't think I'm alone in this-at
the hesitancy of the Europeans to act on what seems to be their underlying impatience with American
primacy. Is this an unrealistic expectation?
Impatience isn't the right word. The reality is rather its opposite. Europe has become ever more
patient-a better word would be submissive-with the United States. After 1945, Western Europe was
far weaker in relation to America than the E.U. today, which is larger than the U.S. in both GDP
and population. But think of three European politicians-in France, Germany and England-in the first
15 years after the war. You had a great statesman in De Gaulle; a very strong, if much more limited
leader in Adenauer, and a weak ruler in Eden. But the striking thing is all three were quite prepared
to defy the United States in a way that no subsequent politician in Europe has ever done.
Eden launched the Suez expedition against Nasser [in late 1956] without informing Washington -
the Americans were livid, Eisenhower beside himself, fearing that it would stoke popular anti-imperialism
across Africa and Asia. So the U.S. brought the expedition to an abrupt halt by triggering a run
on sterling, and Eden fell. But there was an aftermath. The French premier at the time was Guy Mollet,
the Socialist who was an accomplice of Eden in the attack on Egypt, with, himself, a terrible record
in Algeria. When the idea of a Common Market came up shortly after the Suez debacle, though he was
personally favorable to it, he faced a lot of opposition in France - as there was, too, in Germany.
Adenauer, who was quite willing to make commercial concessions to France to smooth the path for the
undertaking, gave Mollet a political reason for the Common Market. Look what happened when you fought
at Suez, he told him. None of our countries is strong enough to resist the U.S. on its own. Let's
pool our resources and then we can do so.
Adenauer was loyal enough to the West, and a staunch anticommunist, but Germany, not America,
was what counted for him. As for De Gaulle, he famously pulled France out of the military command
of NATO, and defied America with éclat virtually throughout.
Since then, there has been nobody like this. If we ask why, I think the answer is that all these
people were formed before the First and Second World Wars broke out, in a period in which major European
states had as much weight as the United States on the international checkerboard, if not more. They
were not brought up in a world where American hegemony was taken for granted. All of them were involved
in the two World Wars, and in the Second De Gaulle had good reason to be distrustful of the U.S.,
since Roosevelt was long pro-Vichy and wanted to oust him as leader of the Free French.
We could add, incidentally, a couple of later politicians, who fought in the second conflict.
One was the English Tory prime minister, Edward Heath, the only postwar ruler of Britain who never
made the trip to simper on the White House lawn, receiving an audience and paying tribute, that would
become a virtual ceremony of investiture for any new ruler around the world. The other was Helmut
Schmidt, a veteran of Operation Barbarossa [the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941] who
scarcely concealed his disdain for Carter. These were latecomers from the past. Their successors
have grown up under U.S. paramountcy and take it for granted. This is America's world. It is second
nature for them to defer to it.
You describe a generational difference in sensibility. But what about the EU?
If the generational declension is one big change, another is what has become of the European Union
itself. On paper, it's much more powerful than any of the individual countries. But so far as any
coherent foreign policy is concerned, it's institutionally paralyzed by the number of states that
make it up-originally six, now 28-and the labyrinthine nature of their dealings with each other.
None of them has any complete autonomy of initiative. A staggering amount of time is wasted in endless
summits behind closed doors, agendas prepared by bureaucrats, tremulous fear of any public disagreement.
No serious international statecraft can emerge from this.
During the countdown to the war in Iraq, there were large street demonstrations in not a few countries,
which Dominique Strauss-Kahn-no less-described as a European Declaration of Independence. Schröder
[Gerhard, the German chancellor from 1998-2005] announced that Germany could not accept the war,
and Chirac [Jacques, the French president, 1995-2007] blocked a U.N. resolution endorsing it. Were
these bold acts of independence? Far from it. The French envoy in Washington told Bush in advance:
You already have one U.N. resolution saying Saddam must comply with inspections, which is suitably
vague. Don't embarrass us by trying to get another resolution that is more specific, which we'll
have to oppose. Just use that one and go in. No sooner, indeed, was the attack launched than Chirac
opened French skies to U.S. operations against Iraq. Can you imagine De Gaulle meekly helping a war
he had said he opposed? As for Schröder, it was soon revealed that German intelligence agents in
Baghdad had signaled ground targets for "Shock and Awe." These were politicians who knew the war
was very unpopular in domestic opinion, and so made a show of opposing it while actually collaborating.
Their independence was a comedy.
That was a dozen years ago. What's the position today?
Edward Snowden's break with the illegalities of Obama's government revealed that it was not only
spying on European as well as American citizens en masse, but tapping the phones and communications
of Merkel, Hollande and other pillars of Atlantic solidarity. How have these leaders reacted? With
an embarrassed smile, before the next warm embrace with the Leader of the Free World. Has one single
European government dreamt of offering asylum to Snowden? Not one. Under Merkel, indeed, it now emerges
that German intelligence itself was illegally spying on Germans at the behest of the U.S., and passing
on the information it gathered to the CIA. There are no consequences to such revelations, except
to those who reveal them. The level of abjection passes belief.
Let's put the Ukraine crisis in this context. It is, after all, what prompted me to raise
the question of European passivity in the trans-Atlantic relationship. Here, it seems to me, the
Europeans are furious with Washington for encouraging Kiev toward a patently dangerous confrontation
with Russia. Animosity has been evident since Vicky Nuland's infamous "'F'the E.U." remark just before
the coup last year. And now we see Merkel and Hollande more or less pushing the U.S. aside in favor
of a negotiated settlement-or "seem to see," in any case. What's your view here?
Why should Washington object to European attempts to reach a stand-off in the Ukraine, so long
as sanctions in Russia remain in place? Berlin and Paris are not going to defy it. Any real settlement
is for the time being out of reach, but if one were materialize, they would be convenient sherpas
for it. The E.U. as such hardly matters: Its reaction to Nuland's dismissal [of them] was to turn
the other cheek.
Patrick Smith is Salon's foreign affairs columnist. A longtime correspondent abroad, chiefly for
the International Herald Tribune and The New Yorker, he is also an essayist, critic and editor. His
most recent books are "Time No Longer: Americans After the American Century" (Yale, 2013) and Somebody
Else's Century: East and West in a Post-Western World (Pantheon, 2010). Follow him @thefloutist.
His web site is patricklawrence.us.
More Patrick L. Smith.
The Making Of Global Capitalism The Political Economy Of American Empire Sam Gindin, Leo Panitch
Hans G. Despain on October 7, 2012
Powerful Political Economy
Panitch and Gindin argue that market economies have never existed independent of nation states.
The state was necessary for the genesis of capitalism, and the state was, and still is, necessary
for its historical development and continuous reproduction. Nonetheless, Panitch and Gindin argue
there is significant autonomy, or historical "differentiation," between the economy and the nation
state. There are economic structural tendencies manifest from the logic of capital and the functioning
of the market-system. At the same time nation states can affect these structural tendencies in
In this sense, there has never been "separation" between capitalist reproduction/development and
the state, but there is "differentiation" which has radically significant effects. There is a
symbiotic relationship between the state and capitalistic reproduction/development.
This is a book of economic history. But is also a book of economic theory. The economic history
is rich and interesting, aimed at explaining the historical emergence of global financial capitalism.
While the history Panitch and Gindin offer is rich and interesting, the theory is still richer
and even more intriguing.
Their history is primarily aimed, (1) at explaining the emergence of the "informal American empire"
(what makes this empire "informal" is the hegemony is accomplished primarily through economic
strategy, policy, and diplomacy; and less through military might and political coercion) and (2)
demonstrating the historical shifting relationship (from decade to decade since the World War
I) between workers, business, finance, and the state.
Their theoretical concern is threefold;
- (1) offer a theoretical explanation of the crisis of 2007-8;
- (2) offer guidance toward the direction the future the "informal American empire" has for
guiding the economies of world; and
- (3) to understand the "informal American empire" as a set of beliefs, doctrine, and ideology
of how to organize modern societies (workers, business, finance and the state) and the global
order (both political [e.g. UN, NATO, etc.] and economical [World Bank, IMF, WTO) for the (ideological)
Although Panitch and Gindin accept that capitalistic development is uneven and unstable, it
is crucial to their thesis that each crisis is unique depending upon the particular relationships
and alliances forged between workers, business, finance, and the state. In this sense, the
crisis of 2007-8 is necessarily unique and the solutions or economic fiscal policies necessary
for recovery necessarily different from previous crises.
The highlights of their economic global history include that there have been four! major historical
global crises, the long depression in the 1870, the Great depression of 1930, the Great recession
of 1970s, and the Great financial crisis of 2007-09.
According to Pantich and Gindin, the 1970s is an economic watershed moment which separates
"two Golden ages" of American capitalism.
- The first Golden Age is from 1947 - 1973;
- the Great recession and various political crises ensue (1973 - 1983), there is a reconfiguration
of both the organization of society (workers, business, finance, and state; along with the
role of the IMF, World Bank, and global trade); then
- the second Golden Age from 1983 - 2007.
It may be quite strange to many readers to call 1983 - 2007 a Golden Age. But in fact when
looking at the economic data of the period it was quite literally a Golden Age, with millions
of Americans and Global financiers and business leaders becoming impressively wealthy. Moreover,
the levels of production (GDP) and productivity during the second Golden Age generally outperform
the levels of production and productivity during the first Golden Age. Nonetheless the distribution
of this wealth is radically narrow and concentrated within primarily finance, while political
power concentrated toward "free-trade" orientated states, and away from workers and industrial
production. Moreover, Pantich and Gindin maintain that workers are generally weaker during the
second Golden Age, finance is strengthen and trumps over production processes, which is more or
less conventional wisdom of this period of modern history. Less conventional is their thesis that
the state, in particular the American domestic fiscal state and global "informal American empire,"
greatly strengthened post-1973-83 crisis.
It is not clear the direction the post-2007-09 crisis will take the global economy and American
capitalism. What is clear is that the symbiotic relationship between workers, business, finance,
and the state, and the global order (U.S. Treasury, IMF, World Bank, WTO, UN) is once again shifting.
Pantich and Gindin's book offers to the reader a far
Jeb Sprague on November 8, 2014
Fascinating & important book, yet suffers from nation-state centrism & ignores novel social
dynamics of Global Capitalism era
Panitch and Gindin's epic and fascinating book has the goal of tracing what the authors describe
as the central role of the informal "American empire" and U.S. capital in the formation of the
contemporary global capitalist system. I published a review in the journal Critical Sociology
(Vol. 40, No. 5. P. 803-807) earlier this year that expands further on the importance of this
work but I also have some criticisms, of which I paste some of below:
Whereas the authors emphasize the role of longstanding national and international dynamics, they
overlook the numerous studies that have shown how novel transnational dynamics have come about
even as historic residue remains (see for example Harris, 2013; Murray G, 2012; Robinson, 2003,
2004, 2014). Other than briefly denying the usefulness of the idea, the authors say little about
the good deal of work on transnational class relations, for example in regards to the different
fractions of the transnational capitalist class (as detailed in the works of Baker, 2011; Robinson,
2003, 2008; Harris, 2008; Sklair, 2001; Carrol, 2011; Murray J, 2013). Panitch and Gindin argue
that theories of a TCC (transnational capitalist class) lead us to overlook uneven development
between "nation-states" and the "economic competition between various centers of accumulation"
(p. 11).... Yet while capital tends to concentrate in particular built up spaces, this corresponds,
as a number of studies have shown, less and less to the strict restrictions of national space.
Functionally integrated circuits of production and finance, and other networks, for example, have
come to cut through various geographic scales (including national space) (Dicken, 20112; Robinson,
2010). Whereas local, national, regional, and international dynamics remain legion and substantial,
many decisive economic, social, and political processes have become transnationally oriented....
The role of the state and its different policies is a clear focus of Panitch and Gindin's book.
At times the authors do refer to the role of state elites, but often the authors can reify the
state, describing the state as if it acts on its own and of its own accord. We need here to understand
more clearly the class nature of the state, how specific social groups operate through state apparatuses
as a site of struggle. Rather than individuals of the capitalist class serving directly in the
state, it is governing political groups that normally do this. As relatively autonomous these
political groups and state elites maintain legitimacy in the eyes of the electorate, even as they
overwhelmingly operate in the "collective" interests of capital. This relative autonomy is conditioned
by a number of dynamics, such as prevailing socioeconomic conditions, the balance and struggle
of social forces, and the position or character of the state. In those instances where Panitch
and Gindin do write about state elites and political groups, these groups are presented as essentially
the traditional nation-state governing elite who often operate in the interests of domestic capitalists.
While these groups may fight among themselves or wrestle with domestic classes to carry out policies
that are internationally geared, these political elites, as Panitch and Gindin describe them,
do not veer far from the mold of their nation-state predecessors. The authors never recognize
the fundamental changes that are taking place, through which state apparatuses, most importantly
the U.S., are being utilized to reproduce conditions for circuits of global capital accumulation.
The authors pass over quickly some theories of the state that they disagree with, giving a straw
person description of a "supranational global state" (p. 11) and citing an article by Philip McMichael
(2001) that similarly misexplained ideas on the emergent transnationalization of state apparatuses
and rise of transnationally oriented technocrats and elites who operate through state apparatuses
(as discussed by Jayasuriya, 1999, 2005; Liodakis, 2010; Robinson, 2004, 2012; Sprague, 2012).
I would argue for example that transnationally oriented state elites and technocrats believe that
to develop they must insert their national states and institutions into global circuits of accumulation.
They need access to capital, and capital is in the hands of the TCC. However, state elites must
still appeal to their home audiences. They still interact with a variety of social groups and
social classes, some more transnationally oriented and others with a more national orientation.
Because of this, even as ties between state elites and TCC fractions deepen, national rhetoric
and national state policies occur that are in apparent contradiction with TCC interests.
In this way, political leaders attempt to maintain national political legitimacy while deepening
practices of a global nature. However, as these state elites become entangled with and dependent
upon processes of global capital accumulation they increasingly transition from taking part in
national or international processes to transnational processes.
In regards to law, Panitch and Gindin argue that "Americanized internationalized law" has supplanted
local international investment laws in much of the world. Here the authors obscure how transnational
legal frameworks have come about through coalitions and the support of various interests and social
forces. The mere adoption of laws for instance (even when heavily influenced by U.S. state elites)
does not explain how they are implemented or modified. Nor does it explain the different interests
behind these changes.
The authors emphasize the role of the "informal U.S. empire," with globalization "imbricated
in the American empire," a system "under continuing US leadership," with the country maintaining
its "imperial responsibilities for the reproduction of global capitalism" (p. 330). Yet they never
clearly explain what is global capitalism, globalization, or the difference between the international
and the transnational. This is because their conceptions of class, capital, and the state don't
help us to understand the fundamental changes taking place. While they provide an extensive and
critical historical overview in pointing out the leading role of the U.S. state and its policies
in reproducing today's "system of class power and inequality" (p. 330), they don't recognize how
this has occurred through fundamentally new dynamics of the global epoch.
While the authors help us to better understand the key role of the U.S. government and its
policies during the late twentieth and early-twenty-first centuries, they do so through an outdated
theoretical scope that never gets at the deep changes occurring. Rather than the U.S. nation-state
empire and those operating through it creating conditions beneficial for closely aligned internationally
active domestic capitalists, more and more we can see how transnationally oriented elites
operating through the most powerful national state apparatus (headquartered in Washington) are
promoting conditions for circuits of global capital accumulation and in the interests of TCC fractions.
While this book is well worth your time reading, for getting a deeper understanding of contemporary
political economy I suggest Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity clearer picture
of what is at stake and who are the main institutional actors in the historical drama and capitalistic
tragedy we call modern human history.
- 20180720 : Doubting The Intelligence Of The Intelligence Community by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720* Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace With Russia by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180720 : The bill explicitly states that "the right to exercises national determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : US diplomats act like imperial governors riding roughshod over sovereignty of ( Jul 20, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180719 : The Magnitsky Hoax by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Iraqi protesters blame 'bad government, bad roads, bad people' by Patrick Cockburn ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Two Keywords For US Imperialism Justification And Plausibility ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180719 : Putin wants Trump to extradite McFaul -- the architect of White color revolutioon (2011-2012) in Russia ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180719 : Yes, We Should Call Them Imperialists by Paul Gottfried ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180719 : Strzokgate is a documentary proof that key elements of the U.S. intelligence community were trying to short-circuit the US democratic process ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Rather than yell at the top of one's lungs "Fake News" when they read a mainstream or alternative media story, and immediately discount everything, people ought look CRITICALLY at the facts, consider any bias, read other sources on the issue, and then draw their own conclusions ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Lies About Putin and Syria by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : MIC is afread to lose money because of Trump policies by Lara Seligman ( Jul 19, 2018 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180718 : Israel Shamir ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : National (In)Security by Rajan Menon ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : Syria and geopolitics of oil ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : After the press conference the usual anti-Trump operatives went ballistic ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : Deconstructing Bill Browder's Dangerous Deception Alex Krainer: with review by The Saker ( Aug 18, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20180718 : How Trump Tries To Rebalance The Global Triangle ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : Many young Iranians may be thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and with a concerted Israeli/US propaganda effort may attempt to climb through. I guess if they do, they will find themselves in a paddock similar to Ukraine named Rump Iran. ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : Doesn't the Universe work in such a way that *good* is constitutionally unable to successfully confront *evil* ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : Mass hysteria is exactly what it is, because it threatens their gravy train that comes from money taken by force from taxpayers. the citizens voted against the establishment, and the establishment is fighting back along with their MSM cronies. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180717 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Editorial - China hacked Clinton s e-mail ( Jul 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180717 : All the post WWII wars were done in the same way: demonizing leaders, defending democracy , false flag ops. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180716 : A Trump Foreign Policy by Dimitri K. Simes ( Jun 20, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180716 : The Racial Realignment of American Politics by Patrick McDermott ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Effect of the US TV on a parrot ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : If history is any precedent, empires without economic foundations, sooner or later crumble, especially when rising regional powers are capable of replacing them. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Russia studying possible oil-for-goods deal with Iran - Novak ( Jul 15, 2018 , uk.reuters.com )
- 20180715 : Anglos don't value direct warfare, so they don't care if another military has better tech. Anglos realized a long time ago it is much less costly to just play divide and conquer to defeat a more powerful adversary by getting other countries to do the fighting. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Election promises are always face in a neoliberal empire. They are always elements of bait and switch game with electorate ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Forensic evidence has already proven that the data on the DNC server was downloaded on a USB thump drive. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : McMaken The Military Is A Jobs Program... For Immigrants Many Others ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180714 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : Rediscovering the Art of Diplomacy With Vladimir Putin by Ted Galen Carpenter ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180714 : Is Washington Playing Iran's Useful Idiot in Syria The American Conservative ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180713 : Brennan insinuations are related to attempts to preserve the American empire ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180713 : Trump, Putin, Marine Le Pen, the AfD, and a variety of other globalist-hating Hitler-alikes form "the Alliance of Authoritarian and Reactionary States" (the "AARS ) conspired to disband the European Union and NATO by C.J. Hopkins ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180713 : Trump in a SAG actor, with decades of experience in professional entertainment though, so he knows how to play to his audience. ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180712 : Challenging Chait s Paradigm by Hunter DeRensis ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : War is not the opposite of peace, 'security' is the opposite of peace ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Why Trump's Iran Isolation Plan May Backfire by Ron Paul ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Angry Bear " Bombing for Votes Public opinion shifts during the Iraq war and implications for future conflicts by Jeff Soplop ( Jul 09, 2018 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20180711 : Trump Slams NATO Pay 2 percent Of GDP IMMEDIATELY Or Even 4 percent ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180711 : Senator McConnell always conjures the image and mannerisms of Colonel Sanders (ala Kentucky Fried Chicken) ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Pompeo's Breathtaking Arrogance by Daniel Larison ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180710 : A Neoconservative Plan for Punishing Iran, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( Jul 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : 'Pay Up You NATO Deadbeats or Else!' by Eric Margolis ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : American Pravda Post-War France and Post-War Germany, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : MH17 and Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal which was established to oversee and investigate complaints from victims of wars and armed conflict in relation to crimes against peace, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other like offences as recognized under International Law. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Some feelings toward Wall Street ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : July 4th and What It Really Means for Us by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Leaked Chinese Memo Warns Of Thucydides Trap ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180709 : My own observation is that most of the projected U.S./Russian and U.S./Chinese confrontations would involve very extended lines of communication in the case of U.S. forces. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Another bait and switch ? ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : WPOP fielded by the Unv of Maryland might be preferable to the polls like Pew ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Israel supported Al Qaeda in Syria: Former Mossad Chief ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Heated Debate: Kevork Almassian vs. FSA opposition representatives ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The crisis of neoliberalism morphed into deep crisis of the US society ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : CIA Plots Iran Coup Partners With Terrorist Group ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180709 : anarchyst ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : I do not recall seeing any U.S. followup to the (Vincennes) atrocity ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Charles Krauthammer: Finally they are hitting targets power plants, fuel depots, bridges, airports, television transmitters that may indeed kill the enemy and civilians nearby ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The CIA's return to the "bad old days," when it engaged in a global program of assassinating political leaders ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : "Joshua Ryne Goldberg, a 20-year old living at his parents' house in US state of Florida, is accused of posing online as "Australi Witness," an IS supporter who publicly called for a series of attacks against individuals and events in western countries. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Pancake theory weakness: It is impossible that floors above break floors below and continue breaking them up to the ground level. If the floors below disintegrate, then the floors above also disintegrate. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The myth of Jewish "superintellegnce" as a part of Zionism set of myths ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Gilad Atzmon: The Cognitive Elite of Jewish History ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Jerusalem as a capital of Israel ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : On the subject of Jews celebrating the death of others, I have seen photos of them gaily cooking 'Rachel Corrie pancakes' to celebrate the death of the American student they brutally crushed to death with a tractor in occupied Palestine. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Radical Jews of the Hasidic type are also acting thuggish on American streets, like in Brooklyn where they committed assault, battery and kidnapping on a bicyclist. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Feeding the Monster, by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : American Exceptionalism = National Narcissism ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : Russia Joins The Global Trade War ( Jul 08, 2018 , oilprice.com )
- 20180708 : francis scott ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180708 : A 29-year-old clerical employee in the Escondido City Manager's Office was forced out of his job this week after city officials learned he operates an anti-Semitic website and is active in a movement that blames Jews for the 9/11 terror attacks ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : The Doctrine of 'Superior People', by James Petras ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : When the country is in US crosshears the elite of this country should better washet out: color revolutions has thier own dynamic and after they are lauchend it is more difficult to stop them that to at the very begnning. Also in such cases, as EuroMaydan has shown, an importnat role is played by turncoats with the goverment ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : ChuckOrloski ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Correcting the historical record is not being a "fanboy" of anyone. The teaching and interpretation of history has far reaching consequences for the people, and its precisely the distortion and falsification of said history which leads to its mass manipulation ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War. ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : All social orders and hierarchies are imagined, they are all fragile, and the larger the society, the more fragile it is. The crucial historical role of religion has been to give superhuman legitimacy to these fragile structures ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The Complete Unexpurgated AIPAC Tape from 1993 ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Will Izreal survive, and id so for how long? ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Since the model for apartheid is South Africa's segregating large parts of its population by pushing people of common race or ethnicity into Bantustans and restricting their rights in the rest off South Africa it is easy to see why Israel's treatment of Palestinians is compared to Apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Apparently IDF escalation procedures include sniping clearly visible female nurses: ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The recent Zionist behaviour toward Palestinians is nothing new ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : I the category of Middle Eastern countries, Israel does fairly well. In the category of Western countries Israel comes up pretty far short ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Israel is and always has been a racist ethnocracy, i.e., a political structure in which the state apparatus is appropriated by a dominant ethnic group to further its interests, power and resources. In short, apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : This is probably a sign that relations with Arab population in Izreal can't be mended ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Pathological lust for political power which afflicted so many is in itself a good indication of a borderline disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The argument for creationism as far as I've heard it posited, is that our earth was 'seeded' with the DNA molecule, (as presumably other planets throughout the universe were as well), and that this was done by some intelligent (or otherwise deliberate) agent. (G0d?) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I am pretty sure without WWII there would be no 1991. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Putin conversion from atheist to a believer ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : An interesting variation of anti-Putin propaganda in blogs ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian army usually outperform Russian economy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia's history is a bit more complex than some Manichean struggle between evil Jews and noble Russian Orthodox Christians. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Svidomite (Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian view) has gotten greater academic play in US russian studies ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : If Ukraine drifts into chaos, its neighbors, being aware of its history of extreme violence and atrocity are preparing themselves for the spillover ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian "neoliberals" both grant-supported and ones that are not is a separate animal altogether ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I believe that sexual attraction to the same gender, as well as a desire to change one's gender, are symptoms of mental disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russophobs and neocons are not crazy: they are cynical people without scruples working for money ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The crisis of neoliberal society and American Empire is systemic and neocons are only are only one, however important, part of that. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : American military record of imperial adventures in second half of XX-early XXI century, once one discounts this turkey shoot of incompetent Iraq military in the Gulf Wars, is rather dismal. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : David R. Henderson on the Effects of War ( Jul 06, 2018 , scotthorton.org )
- 20180706 : The top levels of the USM pyramid know well the limits of the neoliberal box they've gotten themselves into. They've built the wrong force structure for the world as it is and will be. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : But I do not think the neocons are ideologues unless lawless disregard for humanity in search of profit, is an ideology. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Ralph Peters is a nice example of the nuttiest neocons around ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Something about Richard Pipes ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : New PNAC formed. Called the Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are terms "neocon" and "Jew" synonyms ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Cannot see much difference between neocons and Deep State ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Geopolitical geo-economic challenges that the US West faces compels even good old-fashioned Anglo-Imperialists to say nasty things about Russia. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It not that Congress is a solid supported of Israel it is that Israel is a solid supporter of the US foreign policy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Sure, there are tens of millions of brain dead, so-called Christian Zionists, but their leaders are bought off with Jewish shekels. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are there certain things that can't be questioned in a given society, without the risk of destruction of this society? ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180705 : We are an empire now ( Jul 05, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180705 : SNAFU! Dr. Phillip Karber on the Russian Way of War (MUST WATCH VIDEO!!!!) ( Jul 05, 2018 , www.snafu-solomon.com )
- 20180704 : Secret U.S. Wars Endanger Africa ( Jul 04, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180704 : Call It 'Unileaderism' Trump's Foreign Policy of One by John Feffer ( Jul 04, 2018 , fpif.org )
- 20180703* Russia has a lot of information about Lybia that could dig a political grave for Hillary. They did not release it ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703* Corruption Allegations are one of the classic tools in the color revolution toolbox ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : With some exceptions Putin practices "national neoliberalism" in Russia ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : One day the world will realize how close we've come to WW III in the period between 2015/2020. An extended version of the Cuban missile crisis, if you will, but this time with only one statesman participating in this conundrum, the president of the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. V.V. Putin. ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Lots of people pretended to be persecuted just to get freebees in the US and elsewhere ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703* When you see some really successful financial speculator like Soros or (or much smaller scale) Browder , search for links with intelligence services to explain the success or at least a part of it related to xUSSR space , LA and similar regions ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : No one actually has to act against US shale - it s something of a pretender in the real oil world anyway, and this has long been commented upon ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : Clearly the reason for the Trump-Putin summit should be obvious to all by now ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : No Fifth Column in the Kremlin Think again by The Saker ( Jun 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Guerrero ( Jul 03, 2018 , mexico-nostalgia.net )
- 20180703 : Well, internal subversion of the regime, is an old already tried game. Hasn't the US been attempting to do precisely that for 40 years now, ever since the revolution overthrew the Shah ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : On The Path To Failure - US Attempts Violent Regime Change In Iran ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : Just over a year ago, supposed Wikileaks source Seth Rich was assassinated ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Trump's "Infrastructure" Plan: Pump Up the Pentagon by William Hartung ( Jul 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture was formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture is specifically that which formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : How America's Wars Fund Inequality at Home by Stephanie Savell ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20180628 : If Putin's behavior in the near abroad makes him a "thug," what can we say about Bush, Obama and Trump? ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : More trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : At War With Ourselves The Domestic Consequences of Foreign Policies ( Jun 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : The neocons believe in only two things. First, that the United States is the sole world superpower, given license by something like a Divine Entity to exercise global leadership by force if necessary ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : Putin said that Russia has been blocked from participating in the ongoing international investigation into the 2014 downing of flight MH17, which Russia has been recently blamed for ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : China's Port In Sri Lanka's Is Good Business - The NYT's Report On It Is Propaganda ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180628 : What is John Bolton s role in Trump s ME drama? ( Jun 28, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180627 : Holmes, Uncle Clunk, and and Epic Con Job, by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : The people use the term Jews in reality many mean financial oligachy ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jilles dykstra ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Iranian condensate will most likely replace US condensate to China as much as possible. ( Jun 27, 2018 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20180627 : Putin is rather philo-semitic ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Crawfurdmuir ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Immigration Western Wars and Imperial Exploitation Uproot Millions by James Petras ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Globalists are plum tired of American middle class population, and their main purpose in the world is over ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : An induced torpor of complacency will make it seem impossible for neoliberal globalists to accesp the new reality until the last moment, then it's too late ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jack daniels ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : The mechanics of identity wedge in politics ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : How Washington Has Lost Its Way ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180627 : Disclaimer ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Have some sympathy, but my opinion is that most such groups were used at the time by the national police and by the CIA to oppose people with more serious ideas, and the support for such groups at the time by CIA etc. in the U.S.A and in Europe is making serious cultural and sometimes violent (I see photos of Antlfa morons, etc., direct descendants) blowback. ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Someone Finally Asked the Obama Administration to Own Up to America's Support of Terrorists in Syria ( Jun 26, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180626 : No drama Obama ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180626 : Clinton was parachuted from Arkansas as a suitable puppet. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : American Pravda The JFK Assassination, Part II Who Did It by Ron Unz ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting players on the ground in Dallas that day included GHW Bush ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The cultivation of a positive American image abroad was a primary concern of the Deep State, and given what immeasurable harm the exposure of a CIA coup would have done to America's standing as 'leader of the free world' I cannot imagine the plot was CIA-hatched or led. CIA connivance and behind-the-scenes assistance raises very interesting possibilities, though. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why Trump delayed release of the Kennedy files yet again ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : LJB and a crew of Texas Oil magnates and John Birch Society types in place and ready to help. They even posted a 'Wanted for Treason' poster the day Kennedy arrived ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Autopsy controversy ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting similarities berween JFK assasination and 9/11 ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was CIA and LBJ worked in tandem in the JFK assassination? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The opposition media is created to nominally represent alternative views but in reality to silence of the issues you want silenced. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why lymo, which as acrime scene artifact was repaired so quickly ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : See Col. L. Fletcher Prouty on why CIA hated JFK ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was Osvald a CIA agent? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Here's a good History Channel special on how LBJ may have been involved with the JFK assassination. I personally think it makes a pretty good case. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Buzz Mohawk ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : One theory is the American Empire is simply an extension of the British Empire. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180626 : The USA has always been an Empire since its inception -- an Empire doesn't need to extend overseas, like Spain, Portugal, UK, France. The USA began as a limited Continental Empire, then expanded to Continental in size like Russia and China, although the latter two didn't result from implantation. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180626 : Italy bans freemasons from cabinet minister positions ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Neoliberal elites now are morally culturally bankrupt and serve outmoded gods whose future is annihilation- similar situation that had befallen pompous deluded aristocrats in the 18th-19th ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Extensive Interviews with USS Liberty Survivors' Audio tapes obtained by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield prove what every USS Liberty survivor, former Secretary of State Dean Rusk, and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer have said all along: that Israel deliberately attacked an American ship. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Despite these very difficult conditions, a member of the crew heroically managed to jerry-rig a replacement antenna during the attempt, and by trying numerous different frequencies, was able to evade the jamming ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : "Conspiracy theories" are usually quite simple to solve: verify that there was a conspiracy verify that there was a cover-up verify that mass media is in the cover-up ( Jun 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The government of the USA has marked Putin for destruction. But I think the rest of the world is rooting for him, and the Russian people, to survive the American onslaught. ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Article 17 of the Russian Constitution says rights and freedoms of person and citizen are recognized and guaranteed pursuant to the generally recognized principles and norms of international law ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : American Empire Demands a Caesar by Bruce Fein ( Jun 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180624 : Treason To What I'm With The Russians, They Hate Us Less Than The Media Does!, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : dfordoom ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : annamaria ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Saker publishes some interesting news re the MH17 tragedy: ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Israel and the status of Jews in the USA ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Israeli historian Ilan Pappe has substantiated through archival records Israel's ethnic cleansing of 1948 in the formation of the Israeli state, methodically researched and planned since before the Holocaust ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180622 : Close All the Military Bases by Michael J. Ard ( Jun 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180622 : Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks ( Jun 22, 2018 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20180621 : Britain In Panic As Trump-Putin Summit Looms : all roads in Russiagate lead to London, not, be it noted, Moscow. by Alexander Mercouris ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180621 : Neocons, Zionists and Evangelicals ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180621 : Mad Dog Mattis, the destroyer of Raqqa, frets about losing moral authority by Finian Cunningham ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180620 : Awaiting the Putin-Nazi Apocalypse by C.J. Hopkins ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180620 : Never underestimate what a man will do to keep a good-paying job. ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : Will the Real Donald Trump Please Stand Up by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : U.S. Humiliates South Korea, Threatens North Korea, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : 'Deep Throat' was fiction, the CIA had all the info, the CIA fake 'leaker' is another big distraction game getting repeated ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : In criminal investigations the first question always is 'who benefits'. The weird thing in political suspicious deaths is that this question is seldom asked ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : ASSAD US and Israeli intervention prevents reconciliation in Syria (Interview) by Frank Sellers ( Jun 18, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180618 : The next year the strategic position of Ukraine might get worse ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : Obama had two groups to satisfy, the populace and the elite. The populace got empty words, the elite got what they wanted. ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180617 : As for Putin, it could be, that he is, for now, on a footing of equal to the insiders of above, he must somehow understand (Putin gives a public impression to be cognitively superior to all other political tarts of the moment) that real problems are global ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617* the dominant political forces in EU are anti-Russia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180617 : Can the EU become a partner for Russia by The Saker ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : After WWII it took most Europeans less than a generation to revert to the traditional anti-Russian attitudes ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : On Polish Russophobia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : In the German parliament Merkel and her supporters battle to continue their anti German policy against the CSU even in the CDU (Merkel's party) there are courageous people who that remind Merkel by whom she is paid, and to who she has obligations. ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Putin and orthodox religion ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Current Russian regime got bad roots. It cares not for people. Current increase of retirement age is another testament to this ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Remember general plan Ost ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : The hysterical US foreign policy in the last 10-15 years, with its mindless suicidal aggressiveness, is in fact death throes of an Empire that resents going down the drain ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : The West, not Putin, organized and supported a coup bringing to the power a super-corrupt illegitimate "government" that relies on armed neo-Nazi groups for the control of the county ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : Ralph Peters as one of the nuttiest neocons around. But as far as Jews are concerned, this appears to be yet another red herring, like Russia-bashing. Are gentile Koch brothers or Walton family any better than the worst Jews in the US? They are just as selfish, greedy, and repulsive as George Soros or Sheldon Adelson ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.g2mil.com )
- 20180615 : IG Report Confirms Obama Lied About Hillary Email Server ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180615 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180614 : Abuse of sanctions ( Jun 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180613 : Note on Us strategy ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Leaving the past behind ... by TTG ( Jun 13, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180613 : Egor Kholmogorov Stalin Is Not Great, by Anatoly Karlin - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Germany Was Defeated on the Eastern Front, Not Normandy, by Eric Margolis - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : With Trump-Kim Summit Hours Away, Iran Has Warning For North Korea Zero Hedge ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180612 : Is Putin really ready to ditch Iran by The Saker ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Understanding power of Israeli lobby in the USA by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Israeli Attack On The USS Liberty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Trump doctrine ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : In The Western World Truth Is An Endangered Species by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180611 : The Silk Road fundamentally threatens British American power, which has depended on using the oceans to divide and rule the world ( Jun 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180611 : International law means so very little when there is a political agenda. ( Jun 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180610 : It might well be that among the skilles to gain entrance in the Ivy colleges one is the acceptance of neoliberal ideology. Stray too far from the Clinton/Bush/Obama's neoliberalism and identity politics and your application goes into the garbage can and with it your chance of joining our governing elite ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180610 : Some display a weird obsession with colonialism. In reality everyone's self-serving; the form changes but at the end of the day, that's nature. And evidently the West, whatever foibles it has, should at least make an effort to survive ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609 : My father's MI5 file shows that not all facts are equal, by Patrick Cockburn - The Unz Review ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609 : Rotten to the Heart: Authoritarian Chickens Roosting at Home by Paul Street ( Jun 08, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180609 : What Goes Around: "Trampling on the Helpless Abroad" Comes Home ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180609 : Dems Put Finishing Touches on One-Party 'Surveillance Superstate' by Mike Whitney ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180607 : The Stupefying Mediocrity of Barack Obama by Chris Wright ( Jun 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180606* Why Foreign Policy Realism Isn't Enough by William S. Smith ( Jun 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180606 : Despite the fact that Trump folded, for the foreseeable future the Neocons will continue to focus their energy on trying to impeach Trump by the Saker ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606 : >John Bolton is now part of the Cambridge Analytica scandal ( Jun 06, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180605 : The USA fear about Russia and the EU member states seems to be twofold: (1) more trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible; (2) more trade with Russia, and the railway connections with China, threaten to turn the USA into an economic backwater ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Russophob claims: Russia has long been a colonial power. It simply expanded into its near abroad and has remained an empire in spite of the dissolution of the Tsarist/Soviet empire ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Italy The Center Cannot Hold, by Diana Johnstone ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Hating Russia is a Full-Time Job, by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : FBI Agent In Charge Of Russiagate Operation And Clinton Email Matter To Testify Tuesday ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180605 : The Empire Is Crumbling, But Not Dead, and Desperate for War ( May 02, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180605 : Vladimir Zhirinovsky BLASTS American exceptionalism ( Jun 04, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180604 : US Regime Change and its Armies of "Garbage" by Tony Cartalucci, ( Jun 04, 2018 , journal-neo.org )
- 20180603 : Brabantian ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Did Israel Kill the Kennedys by Laurent Guyénot ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Poland Under the Jewish Messiah, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180602 : Obama used NSA FBI to spy on Trump veteran CIA officer ( Mar 20, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180602 : Tesla has a number of severe problems ( Jun 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180601 : Illusion: The international campaign to unseat Bashar Assad is really an Izreaili campaign. In reality, secular nationalist Arab regimes were eliminated by the USA as regimes hostile to neoliberalism and neoliberal globalization ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180601 : Coups R US American regime changes and their aftermaths, from Hawaii to Libya (RT Doc) ( May 29, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180530 : US Sanctions On Iran The Unraveling Of Pax Americana Zero Hedge ( May 30, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180530 : Visualizing The Imperial Logic Of US Foreign Policy Zero Hedge ( May 30, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180529 : The Saudi Lobby s Scheme to Destroy the Iran Deal by By William D. Hartung and Ben Freeman ( May 23, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180528 : Shatter Syria into small statelets is the neocons goal; It was also one of the original goals of Iraq invasion too ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180528 : Whenever I read anything purporting to identify international bad guys and good guys, I always like to ask: Who has this purported bad guy invaded recently? How many bombs has this bad guy dropped on other people s countries? ( May 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180528 : Why You Should Read These Military Classics by Andrew J. Bacevich ( May 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180528 : >A Major Win for Trump's War Cabinet ( May 28, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180527* Northwestern University roundtable discusses regime change in Russia Defend Democracy Press ( www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20180526 : Sex and the Brain by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Reabilitation of Summers speech about sex differences in abilities by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Creative Chaos by David Lorimer ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : The Simulation of Democracy, by C.J. Hopkins - The Unz Review ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : Democracy as a hologram generated by neoliberal state machine by C.J. Hopkins ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : Complex hostory of Israel as a nation and the role of external support in sustaining it ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : The Messiah Is Here, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522 : It wasn't spying; it was an insurance policy. Just ask Strozk and whomever else was meeting over that topic. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522* Cat fight within the US elite getting more intense ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522* Can the majority of the USA be made to see that neocons will ruin the USA, and that their power must be liquidated ? ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522 : There is an old saying that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged, and a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested. I guess a civil libertarian is a national security hawk that's been spied on. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180521 : Stop Kicking Sand in Kim's Face by Eric Margolis ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Making sense of Russian political ambiguities by The Saker ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Far from "the intelligence community" believing any such thing, it was eventually admitted that a handful of picked individuals from three agencies (of the 16) had cautiously expressed that "belief" with the proviso that they acknowledged that they knew of no supporting evidence. ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Why the Empire Never Sleeps War Finance Made Easy, Part 3 by David Stockman ( May 20, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180518 : Foreign Policy Insiders try to Scuttle Trump-Kim Nukes Deal by Mike Whitney ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180518 : A Trump Doctrine for Singapore and Beyond by Pat Buchanan ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Time changes: Professor Shephen Cohen became more popular among readers of unz.com ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Anthrax scare as a way to enrich private contractors ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Bureaucrats Versus Artists by W. Patrick Lang ( May 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : This is not 4% of GDP id misleading a more poroet figure is 30 percentof federal tax revenue or each third dollar collected ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : The Ruinously Expensive American Military by Philip Giraldi ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Haley s Embarrassing Defense of the Gaza Massacre by Daniel Larison ( May 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180514 : In an ongoing operation, the US imperialist hawks seek to wipe out the last Leftist govements in LA ( May 14, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20180514 : Netanyahu "Let's You and Him Fight", by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Possibility of a new war in Middle East the shoot the oil prices to $200 frighten Germany ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Confusion over Netanyahu visit to Moscow and Putin passivity over recurrent Israeli strikes of Syria territory ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Fighting unending wars across thousands of miles of the planet for almost 17 years without end, while making the president into a global assassin, is the necessary course of action under neoliberalism as the goal is to preserve and expande global, led by the USA neoliberal empire using power of bayonets ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : The Skripals will most likely never be allowed to talk by The Saker ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Neoliberal management and Zombies by Robert Bonomo ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Generally voters should pass exam to be eligible to vote, like in many other occupations ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Bolton diplomacy: "We know where your kids live. You have two sons in New York." ( May 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180511 : Protecting Israel Is Their Full-Time Job by Philip Giraldi ( May 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180510 : MoA - Blumenthal, Norton, Khalek - The Turncoats Deliver A Poor Excuse - by Daniel ( May 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180510 : Trump Ends The Nuclear Deal With Iran - What s Next ( May 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180504 : Too Many Foreign Policy Double Standards Hurt U.S. Credibility by Ted Galen Carpenter ( April 26, 2018 )
- 20180502 : Popularity of a government or leader or regime is not a guarantee that a well led "color Revolution" will fail. ( May 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180501 : Israel is the main beneficiary of Syria war and the US hostility to Iran including Trump attempt to withdraw from JCPOA ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Smut Night at the Press Dinner by Pat Buchanan ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : The Korean Summit, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Dumb Moves Have Consequences, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Your assessment of Nikki Haley as a 'mental lightweight' is likely right ( May 01, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : MoA - Netanyahoo To Again Cry Wolf - But Something Bigger Is Up (Updated) ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : If Nikki Haley was supposedly voted most likable US politician ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180430 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : Trump talks tough against Iran, but his political options are limited by Patrick Cockburn ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180429 : The entire Liberal narratives around Vladimir Putin and Alexander Dugin are actually political reconstructions of the "Yellow Peril" stereotype ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : The US is currently attempting Color Revolutions by Force in Nicaragua and Armenia ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : The complete merger of NGO and intelligence services instead of sporadic penetration is a very dangerous development ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : Pompeo's Contempt for Diplomacy and the Nuclear Deal by Daniel Larison ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180429 : The conflict in Syria has never been a "civil war", and the anti-government forces are almost entirely Israel-Saudi-U.S. Axis-supported terrorist mercenaries, not "rebels". ( Apr 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180429 : America is plagued by neocon experts without expertise ( Apr 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180429 : The Stupidity of Trying to 'Rewrite' the Nuclear Deal The American Conservative by Daniel Larison ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180429 : Macron's Tough Message to Washington by Eric Margolis ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180428 : Jim Comey, Liar or Fool by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180428 : America's Most Popular Politician Is Nikki Haley...Let That Sink In ( Apr 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180427* A Most Sordid Profession by Fred Reed ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180427 : Our friends here in China and in Russia tell us that we should not say this. Nevertheless, we do not respect the UN. It is controlled by many players, but in the end the master of puppets who pulls all the strings in the UN is the US. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Pax-americana is slowly dying ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : Syria Oil Play ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : REVERSAL Armenia's 'Color' situation just became a lot more interesting ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.fort-russ.com )
- 20180427 : Lots of people are misreading events in Armenia ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Mattis mentioned Iran twice in his Senate testimony yesterday, coupled with North Korea, with a return to those pesky Iran "nuclear ambitions." The US has had a lengthy war on "terror" so how about a war on "ambitions." Any excuse for war will do. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Atlantist Merkel on Iran deal ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180427 : Back during Obama s attempts to portray Iran as having a nuclear weapons program, one poll taken of US citizens found seventy-one percent believed Iran not only had a nuclear weapons program, but that Iran actually had nuclear weapons. ( Apr 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180427 : Roger Stone said that he has known John Bolton since the Reagan years. Stone claims Bolton is not a neocon warmonger but a guy who is a staunch believer in the old doctrine of peace through strength. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : CIA operatives Bradlee and his mentee Bob Woodward staged a coup. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Israel basically dictates Washington's official policies in the Mideast, it is Israel every bit as much as either occupied Washington or subservient Saudi Arabia that is probably most responsible for the anti-Assad chaos and carnage inside Syria. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Apparently Trump is backtracking on the US Troop pullout from Syria, or he was lying in the first place when he made that announcement: ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Even The Simpsons' writers weren't absurdist enough to come up with a President Haley. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Drones, Baby, Drones! The Rise of Americas High-Tech Assassins ( Apr 03, 2015 , Alternet )
- 20180426 : The Neocons' Next Nightmare Project Waffle House Bombardier for POTUS 2020 by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : The Skripal case and Douma false flag in Syria are clumsy, amateur attempts to push the US empire into war ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If I don't like the government and its policies (purchased by moneyed interests and non-Americans) am I an "America hater"? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : I'm as irritated as anybody by Brit-chauvinism, but their eminent contribution to the technical and philosophical foundations of modern society from Newton and Bacon through Locke, Smith, and Burke to Maxwell, Whitehead, and Turing is undeniable. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The Zionists are very much like the CIA: they work secretly, scheming and planning their ugly machinations in the shadows for selfish gain. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Why did the Russians allow Israel so much freedom in Syria..from the start of their Syrian project? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The British dishonorable military officers run White Helmet rank-and-file: Any Qs about le Mesurier' and Tilley' devotion to militant Islamists and fanatical Israelis when good money is paid for the devotion? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The US claim of 100% effectiveness of their weapons system and 0% of the Syrian/Russian systems, this is plainly nonsense. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Are the Russians Correct by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump can't keep the neocons off his back they are driving the bus. He's strapped into the driver's seat but isn't allowed to touch anything. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump shouda put that McMahon wrestling lady in the propaganda department, shes pretty good at convincing 50 year old adults that wrestling is real. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : A big part of the "welfare" is corporate. Boeing, Lockheed, etc. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Is the Trump Administration/DoS trying to gaslight us? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If Mattis didn't know about it, then he should have done and likewise with Trump ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : Very Pissed Off Obama DOJ Made Dramatic Call To McCabe To Quash Clinton Probe ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180424 : This country has absolutely zero credibility or standing in the world anymore. All they've got is a military they can use to menace and bully the rest of the planet into submission. Which is a specialty of the Clintons ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : Herding Hamsters and Other Cosmic Reflections, by Fred Reed ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : Regime Change in Armenia PM Resigns After Mass Protests ( Apr 24, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180423 : Syrian Narratives the Worthy, the Scurvy, and the Topsy-Turvy by Wendy Davis ( Apr 23, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180423 : Armenia is operating under the standrd post-Soviet neoliberal model in which the oligarchs and mafia directly owning/looting the government, as opposed to the Western model where looting is outsourced to banks and multinationals ( Apr 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180422* The Crisis Is Only In Its Beginning Stages by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180422 : One of the signs of an empire that is failing is the increasing disconnect (and cynicism) between the rulers and the ruled - no matter what the system of government may be ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180422 : Yeah. Sociopath. Gives me the shivers. Bill is the same, but conceals it better. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180422 : The Pearl Harbor hearings were meant to protect Marshall and Stark, and use Kimmel and Short as scapegoats. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421* On the Criminal Referral of Comey, Clinton et al by Ray McGovern ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180421 : The UN Charter is very vague about a lot of things, but it's very clear about one thing, and that is, when is it legal to go to war ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : The couple Merkel/Sauer knows exactly how to evaluate that so-called evidence in Douma false flag ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180421 : CIA, MI6 and rebels: Rebels can be genuine protesters but they will brutally used by CIA and MI6 for nefarious purposes ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180421 : Timber Sycamore ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180421 : First Joust by Israel Shamir ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180420 : The Great Game Comes to Syria by Conn Hallinan ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180420 : The USA and WMD ( Apr 20, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180420 : Haley has been an embarrassment for the US at the UN. It was thought that Haley could not be worse than Samantha Power, but she proved otherwise ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The biggest damage from the strikes on Syria was to the credibility of the US, French and Airstrip One governments. In the days of dubya at least some effort was put into the false flags ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419* The Neocons Are Selling Koolaid Again! by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180419 : Trump foreign policy differ little from bush and Obama ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Jews vs non-Jews in Trump administration ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : I was one of Jeff Sessions' biggest supporters, complained loudly when Trump wanted to fire him. Now I wish I hadn't. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Few Saudis and 9-11: Wolfowitz al Saud, Zelikow al Saud, Feith al Saud, Wurmsers al Saud, Libby al Saud, Zakheim al Saud, Chertoff al Saud. Just a very few. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Sachs worked closely w/ Soros to plunder USSR/ FSU ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : They never planned to let "Harvey" survive to see an actual trial, because of the lack of evidence against him, and therefore the evidence of a high-level conspiracy would then be so obvious. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Effectiveness of anti cruse missiles weapons: 47 of the 71 intercepts they claim were done by modern Pantsir and Buk systems that Syria purchased around 2010. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump's Missile Fiasco: Did the Pentagon collaborate with Moscow on which targets to hit? by Mike Whitney ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Merkel is a CIA asset. She has skeletons in her closet from her time in East Germany, and her meteoric rise to power was clearly engineered by a third party she herself lacked both the experience and the power base within the party for doing it herself ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Theresa May ties with military-industrial complex ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You forgot the man of exemplary truthfulness: Colin Powell with his vial at the UN. That became a meme. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump is a typical business tycoon: a clueless moron. Pence is just a weasel ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : New Trump reality show: A fake response to a fake gas attack with fake WMDs ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You can't make it up: Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell told the C Span Washington Journal audience this morning that there was "no danger from a chemical plume" after missiles struck Syrian chemical plants "because the attack was designed to burn up" the fumes. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The Corrupt U.S. Congress Cheers as the War Industry Steals Billions from the People's Coffers ! ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Mad madam prostitute Nick Halley has to be soothed by Kudlow telling her she was not a demented rat. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Looks like Pompeo is compete idiot despite hs Harvard degree ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180418 : I believe Stoicism has a great deal of value for modern man. ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : The USA as a huge, immensely strong, obnoxious drunk that is being belligerent and needs to be arrested ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Obama vs Trump: That is how the political mechanism of faux populism works. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : Polish movie " Ogniem i Mieczem" ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Count on an inverted yield curve and Treasury Department derivative losses in the trillions on interest rate swaps sold to Wall Street banks ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : The topic of China is delicate here in Russia. If one considers the total and basically psychotic enmity from the West, offer of friendship from China is a godsend. ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Russian show with Yakov Kedmi really surprised and disturbed me ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Chinese position of Douma false flag ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Voting in UN on Russian resolution ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : Possible sup ply of Russian S300 to Syria ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : The USA bombings do not hinder the progress of the Syrian army ( Apr 18, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180418 : How dare Larry Kudlow suggest Nikki got confused!!! ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180417 : John Bolton In Search of Carthage by By Michael Shindler ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180417 : The long hand of Bolton ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180416 : Israeli lobby and the US foreign policy ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : But what neither the British Government nor the OPCW have, to the present, acknowledged is that blood samples from the Skripal's contained two nerve agents, A-234, aka Novichok, plus 3-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate, aka BZ or Buzz. ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : The Bolton-Pompeo Package ( Apr 16, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180416 : Why Do They Tell US Transparent Lies by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Alas, this is far from over! by The Saker ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Trump Hits Russia With New Sanctions Over Syria Gas Attack ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180416 : I Love the Smell of Imperial Meltdown in the Morning by Aidan O'Brien ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180416 : BREAKING US media claims Nikki Haley is author of Trump's anti-Iran policies ( Oct 14, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20180415 : We know this empire is destined to eat itself up due to greed and hubris. My only concern is how long that will take. ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180415 : Trump s in deep over his head. It was an open question whether he posed any genuine obstacle to neocons, but it seems more clear now that, one way or another, he has been brought more tightly under their control. ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180415 : Haley announced new sanctions on the base of false flag Douma operation ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180415 : Obama And Lynch Jeopardized Clinton Email Investigation Comey ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180415 : The Trump Regime Is Insane by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180414 : Poison Gas Weapon Of Choice For "False News" ( Apr 14, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180413 : The End of International Law by Thierry Meyssan ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180412 : Listening to Russian experts (short report about the mood on Russian prime time TV) ( Apr 12, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180412 : I am beginning to think that impeaching Trump is a good idea. He is ready to unleash another war on fase premises destroying the stability of the world. He truly is a bull in a china shop ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Samantha Power Liberal War Hawk by Robert Parry ( Jun 15, 2015 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180411* Female neocon warmongers from Fox look like plastered brick walls – heartless and brainless. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180411 : Israel has no qualms about being a dishonest and lying inciter of a mass murder while pretending sanctimoniously on some "superior morality" and "eternal victimhood." ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Right now Jews and Arabs have joined forces to suppress the Persians. What happens AFTER the Persians are diminished? Do Israel and Saudi Arabia turn on each other? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : German MSM - leftish or rightish, doesn't matter - mindlessly repeat what our US colonial masters are telling them to ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180411 : There's a subconscious racism in the way [neo]liberal westerners treat Russia. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Twelve of the 15 council members backed the measure, including France, Britain, African countries, Kazakhstan and Kuwait. Bolivia voted against the draft resolution, while China abstained ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : California Democrat Zoe Lofgren and Michigan Republican Justin Amash are circulating a bipartisan letter to President Trump, insisting that he seek Congressional authorization before striking the government of Syria. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : With all these 'gas victims' churned out by the white helmets how is it that no such 'martyr' graves have ever turned up ? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Red Crescent Says No Evidence of Chemical Attack in Syria's Douma ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Powell Iraq WDM presentation and recent Syria chemical attack: some analogies ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Syrian chemical weapon attacks happen whenever the rebels are about to be defeated. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Skriptal caper looks like kindergarten stuff compared to that 1965 genocide. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : This unscrupulous false flag op, crying foul and smearing the innocent for the crime they committed relentlessly is a special signature of the British/Anglo culture and trait. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The toxin involved in classic shellfish poisoning is a naturally occurring neurotoxin, Saxitoxin, which agent remains toxic even after boiling or steaming, exactly the food preparation techniques likely to be employed in preparing shellfish for consumption. This is, indeed, what makes it so pernicious. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Liars Lying About Nearly Everything by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Russians are Flabbergasted, by Israel Shamir ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Is Theresa May as more evil than Hillary Clinton? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : It's surreal to watch such staggering levels of dishonest incompetence among our globalist "elites". ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Something about British elite ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : History of the Jewish People ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180410* The Ghouta Massacre near Damascus on Aug 21, 2013 was not a sarin rocket attack carried out by Assad or his supporters. It was a false-flag stunt carried out by the insurgents using carbon monoxide or cyanide to murder children and use their corpses as bait to lure the Americans into attacking Assad. ( Apr 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180410 : Western neoliberals dreams about "regime change" in Russia and the possibility of yet another color revolution ( Apr 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180410 : Obama toxic narssissism ( Apr 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180410 : Israeli officials have called on the US to attack the Syrian Army, following what they called a "shocking attack" in Douma ( Apr 10, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180410 : Full frontal assault from Russia today on Skripls front ( Apr 10, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : The West has a strategy to support an insurgency using the leftovers and Kurds ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : Gunboat Diplomacy and the Ghost of Captain Mahan by Alfred W. McCoy and Tom Engelhardt ( Apr 09, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180409 : Trump to Decide Soon Whether to Retaliate for Barbaric Act in Syria ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180409* Ghouta is Arabic for Reichstag Fire by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409* When Military Leaders Have Reckless Disregard for the Truth by Bruce Fein ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409 : There is no doubt that Trump is an elite "false flag". Someone who was intended to be simply PORTRAYED as being anti-establishment, but in reality, one who carried out and amplified everything the establishment wanted. But neoliberal elite overplayed its hand by encouraging hateful anti-Trump rhetoric so much that now everything that Trump will do will garner massive opposition. ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : "His inadequacies are easily stroked." I think Stormy Daniels would concur ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : Putin really dropped the ball on the Libya No-Fly Resolution trusting the evil empire ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180408 : Do brighter minds incline to honesty by James Thompson ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : I would add to your list of possible MH17 culprits several global corporations; the one's I have in mind, cannot be completely identified to a single nation in the world ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The Netherlands objected most to sanctions, our export to Russia. The 300 deaths changed that literally overnight. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : A person who lost someone in that crash would like to know the truth, rather than "official" US BS. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The conversation (mentioned in this article) between the Estonian Foreign Affairs Minister Urmas Paet and EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : Russia Will Never Be Our Friend, We'll Slap Them When Needed ( Apr 07, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180408 : Expropriation of many of Russian oligarch is on the agenda ( Apr 08, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180408 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180407 : Latest US sanctions on Russia: incitement to a coup and a new form of protectionism by Alexander Mercouris ( Apr 07, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180407 : 'Russia Will Never Be Our Friend, We'll Slap Them When Needed' Waffle House Waitress on the Loose ( Apr 07, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180405 : Barack Obama supporters outraged by Bernie Sanders's 'deplorable' attack on Democratic Party on anniversary of Martin Luther King assassination by Peter Stubley ( Apr 05, 2018 , independent.co.uk )
- 20180404 : A Special Relationship Born in Hell, by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180403 : The West Should Avoid Starting a New Cold War with Russia by Doug Bandow ( Apr 03, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180403 : The US Arms Machine: Why Wars R Us ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180403 : Two interconnected thoughts on US propaganda and the US Military Industrial Complex ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : I think the Kiev side had been directing airliners across the war zone along the path of planned bombing runs to allow Ukraine military jets to fly the same course *below* the airliner and use the airliner's much bigger radar signature (huge compared to a military jet) as protection i.e. if a missile was fired and missed it might lock on to the airliner instead. ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The Kiev regime had no need to put anti-aircraft batteries in the area at all, but they did! ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Malaysia has been cut out of the investigation, why? For refusing to prejudge the outcome? ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Yet another theory of SU-25 role in shooing ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : BUK missle smooketrail is demonstratively absent ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Iether Russia and China stick together or might be devoured by the West one by one, with Russia first onthe list ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The West wants to neutralize China. Russia is the threat to those plans because it could act as a bridge to Europe to China ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : How the East can save the West by The Saker ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402* Russophobia Anti-Russian Lobby and American Foreign Policy by A. Tsygankov ( Jun 09, 2017 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180402 : Who Shot Down Flight MH17 in Ukraine by Ron Unz ( Aug 14, 2014 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Trump has shown that he'll bend quickly to neocon pressure, with increased interest in foreign war ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180401 : Problems with Russia-China relations ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Russia China are working closely to counter the West for existential threat ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : The ideal scenario of Skripal resurrection ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Check out this wonderful chart presented to the public by "Her Majesty's government" entitled "A long pattern of Russian malign activity" ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180331 : Merkel and Skripal poisoning -- a despicable position of German neolineral elite ( Mar 31, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180331 : Finally, Kennedy had enough, and in a personal letter dated May 18, 1963, the president warned that unless American inspectors were allowed into Dimona (meaning the end of any military activities), Israel would find itself totally isolated. Rather than answering, Ben-Gurion abruptly resigned ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180330 : Donald Trump s Appointment Of John Bolton Means Regime Change Is Coming To Iran Sheep Media ( Mar 29, 2018 , asheepnomore.net )
- 20180330 : Obama and his so called "national security" apparatus is primarily responsible for destroying Russian-American relations ( Mar 30, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180330 : Bolton Is the Opposite of an 'Honest Broker' The American Conservative ( Mar 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180329 : Trump should call for a real 9/11 investigation, that would drain the swamp. But he is too afraid to do this ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The analysis of the UVA Amsterdam professor Laslo Maracs is that Trump, and his rich friends, understand that the USA is no longer capable of maintaining an empire, and that war for enlarging the empire is even more suicide than trying to maintain the empire. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : US political "top" certainly is not ready since they don't have competent enough people to recognize a disaster before it buries them. US military people certainly know the score but, as history teaches, in the times when US military has bad news--it is next to impossible to communicate it to the political top. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180329 : In the recently published National Defense Strategy there is no hint that the United States will accept decline or even a multipolar world ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180329 : The entire history of mankind speaks the same tale. once and empire collapses it never recovers its former status and power ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The Anti-Liberty Boomerang of US Militarism ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180329 : It's Not a Conspiracy Anymore; Public Belief in 'Deep State' Soars by Mike Whitney ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : Britain Has No Clue Why It's Punishing Russia by Mark Galeotti ( Mar 28, 2018 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180328 : The survey appears to confirm that democracy in the United States is largely a sham. Our elected representatives are not the agents of political change, but cogs in a vast bureaucratic machine that operates mainly in the interests of the behemoth corporations and banks ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : You are quite right, Power Elite is more accurate description, but now that the term Deep State has reached common parlance, is it useful to try to rebrand them? ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : Power elite is, in most modern countries, comprised of big money (different sources in different lands), dominant media controllers of intellectual discourse through academia, military infrastructure plus professional politicians, various intelligence agencies etc. ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : redmudhooch ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : How Iraq War destabilized the world and why the neocons aren't finished yet by Rania Khalek ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180327 : Perfidious Albion: An Introduction to the Secret History of the British Empire ( Mar 27, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180327 : An important British diplomat saw British control of the greater part of the world as the natural order of things ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : You will gain a better understanding of Vladimir Putin if you study his career as a sportsman, 3rd degree blackbelt Judoka than by sifting through his career as an ex-spy. ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Fifteen Years Ago, America Destroyed My Country by SINAN ANTOON ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180327 : how do you reform the Secret Police? ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : John Bolton Tapped for NSA What Does It Mean for US-Russia Relations ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180327 : Here's John Bolton Promising Regime Change in Iran by the End of 2018 ( Mar 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180327 : Time to find out if CIA interfered in the 2016 election ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : A Ukrainian joke ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Within a week after Brennan's 'routine' visit in April 2014 to the Ukraine the Ukrainian army launched a civil war. That was within 2 weeks of the CIA instigated coup an the end of February 2014 ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327* Let's Investigate John Brennan, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180327 : Entangling alliances or scoring at home Why US went out of its way with Russian diplomat expulsions ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180327 : Then They Came for the Globalists by C.J. Hopkins ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Integrity Has Vanished From The West by Paul Craig Roberts, ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180327 : Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet, by Pat Buchanan - The Unz Review ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180326 : Neocons Are Back With a Big War Budget and Big War Plans by Ron Paul ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180325* A truly historical month for the future of our planet by The Saker ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180325 : Neocon lobby and Iraq war ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180325 : Hawks Always Fail Upwards by Daniel Larison ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180325 : Germans media and voting for Mama Merkel ( Mar 25, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180325 : The US neocons demand to close the "Bear Gap" with Russia ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : When Trump was elected, I thought that it was a one-day victory for the white working class. ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180325 : John Bolton is in all likelihood a Zionist asset due to the Israelis having some very powerful kompromat on him ( Mar 25, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180325 : Don't forget that Bolton was the one who immediately blamed the Hariri assassination on Syria ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180324 : Is trump fully cooked ? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180324 : Perhaps a large but not too large conventional attack by US/Israel on 'industry and facilities directly related to Iran nuclear weapons development'? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180324 : I have to laugh at the people trying to portray Bonkers Bolton as somehow less insane than he is. ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180324 : Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security John Bolton, who pressured intelligence officers to endorse his views of other rogue states, especially Syria and Cuba. ( Mar 24, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180324 : Bolton plans to fire dozens of White House officials ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180324 : Does Bolton appointment means the return to Monroe doctrine? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180324 : John Bolton: The Angriest Neocon by Adam Zagorin ( Nov 16, 2007 , content.time.com )
- 20180323 : Putin and neoliberaism in Russia: What they told us about socialism was a pack of lies, but what they told us about capitalism turned out to be perfectly true ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Russia has several significant problems with growth of Muslim population and the fact that this is last term for Putin, which might signify the end of the period of political stability ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Was Trump was a deep state man from day one, just like Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : In a way Ukraine stepped on the same rake twice: once in 1991 and the second time in 2014. That's unforgivable ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : It's amazing what obomber left around for the trumpster to use. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180323 : How many knows that Obama went to the WH with a regime change feather already in his cap ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Sleazy Obama used Facebook illegally to get an advantage during 2012 elections ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180323 : A simple question: Where is Julia Skripal, a citizen of Russian Federation, who was taken by the UK secret services and whisked away to some undisclosed location? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Interesting detail about illegal British war propaganda in breach of ICCPR Article 20. Of particular note is the report of Pompeo's role in the blame game for the failed Skripal provocation. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : The alleged Salisbury attack succeeded as propaganda but rush to judgement, childish government and diplomatic ranting makes it similar to Iraq WDM hoax ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : So on the 15th anniversary of the Iraq debacle, a neocon who cheered it on is rewarded with a national security post where he can cue up the attack on Iran that was always the ultimate prize for Israel's US stooges? ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180322* If it's correct, the Brits made a very nasty error that shows the true nature of their establishment. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180322 : I've been waiting to see what happens with the SDR (Special Drawing Right). The IMF (International Monetary Fund) added it to the SDR basket in October 2016 after a lot of foot dragging by the US. ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : Westerners held the carrots of a Western lifestyle, which the Russians could not match ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Neocons still rule the US, Trump or no Trump: Senate Votes to Kill Bill Challenging Legality of Yemen War ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : The only suggestions that the Russians were responsible for the incident come from exactly the same kinds of people who told us about Iraq's WMD and the supposed Libyan humanitarian emergency ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Russian MFA summons all ambassadors to a meeting on Skripal case (MUST WATCH!!!) The Vineyard of the Saker ( Mar 22, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180322 : Four days to declare a Cold War by Thierry Meyssan ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : The first accusations were launched way too quickly after MH17 was hit ( Mar 22, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180322 : Bad news: Trump just picked John Bolton to be the new National Security Advisor. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Trump's National Security Chief Calls Russian Interference 'Incontrovertible' ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180322 : I was on the admissions committee of our umbrella graduate program long enough to know that IQ, GRE, or SAT scores mean exactly nothing. At best, they reflect the effort people put into preparation to these tests, but have no predictive value whatsoever. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : As far as I can tell, blatant lies of Western propaganda achieved among the people with brains the same result as the Soviet propaganda: even if they state something truthful for a change, people would doubt that. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Ironically it was the US and its advisers that first handed all of the Russian wealth over to the oligarchs, and then, later, supported Yeltsin when he illegally dissolved the Rada and arrested their leaders (generally known as the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis) (they had also supported him earlier, back when he was only President of the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic and Gorbachev was head honcho, when Yeltsin sent tanks to bomb the Rada/Parliament, during the so-called "August coup"). ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : An insane anti-Putin propaganda campaign in the West helped Russian people to learn their lesson: another Yeltsin or Gorbachev in Russia are now highly unlikely. In fact, the West will regret the day Putin is gone. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Considering the DNC machine rigged the Democratic primaries and derailed Bernie Sanders' run, and considering the entire Establishment came out in force to defeat Trump (e.g. Donna Brazile admitting she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign..... leaked audios, false accusations,....which are still ongoing.....), whatever shenanigans Putin campaign was involved in seem like the proverbial nothingburger ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : RT Chief, Margarita Simonyan: Why We Don't Respect the West Anymore ( Mar 20, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180321* Washington's Invasion of Iraq at Fifteen ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180321 : Russiagate Comes to England by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Let us posit some 3rd party, whose name some dare not mention? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is absolutely nothing totally duplicitous, nothing evil, that British secret service (meaning both MI5 and MI6) will not do, and in fact has not done. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is certainly a reasonable list of suspects, most more credible than the Russian state. Perhaps one can also separate out the crime in to two parts, those who committed it, and those who have sought to exploit it. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : The USA neocons might want to present (apparently by way of a series of reckless provocations) ultimatum to Russia and China: "either cede your sovereignty to the empire and start taking orders, or it's war" or something like that. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Why ever would May backtrack? The MSM are in full support, creating all the facts that justify her shrill denunciation of Vlad the Poisoner? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : "Novichok" is not the name of the CW, but the code of the KGB operation carried out to identify the mole (the information leakage channel), as well as the supply of disinformation by Israel Shamir ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321* How They Sold the Iraq War by Jeffrey St. Clair ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180320 : The plausibility of the doping charges disappeared when, at a time when Russian athletes were under extreme scrutiny in the Winter Olympics, they were accused of doping in the curling and bobsleigh events \ ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : You're suggesting that the plebeian mass of ignorant white trash calling themselves the British nation should actually rule themselves by way of a democratically elected parliament, their national loyalty centered on a constitutional monarch who is head of the English national Christian church. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : We read that Vladimir Putin's passport was found three days later at the Scripaal's poisoning scene. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : This looks more and more like false flag operation by British intelligence againces: Queen May has no clothes on, but all the 'adults' in the mainstream press pretend to see a beautiful robe. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Russiagate Comes to England, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : IIRC, the Anthrax show was seen [from my viewpoint = external], as akin to sending out a sheep-dog to shepherd the outliers = oppress any 'casual dissidents' to get everybody onto the same page = GWoT, 1st step to invade Afghanistan in order to rearrange some sand. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Putin was inviting the Russian people to picture traitors dying friendless and alone Men Without a Country in apartments strewn with empty vodka bottles but he never said that traitors should be killed. This was BBC fake. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : American Exceptionalism is perhaps the most toxic ideology since Nazism and Stalinism. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180319 : Votel, Mattis and Dunford must be on the same page. ( Mar 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180319 : The vast majority of people have already had drummed into them the fact (sic) that novichok could only be produced in Russia, so this will of course be interpreted as conclusive proof that "Putin did it". The real push for dramatic measures (e.g., World Cup) will begin at that point. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The release of toxic agent via the car ventilation system, suggested by some Western MSM, looks unlikely ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The whole story is probably a sham, a fake terror attack, a story concocted to befuddle the plebs and justify some new imperial aggression. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Who says that there is no proof that Putin did it? ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : America s Phony War by William J. Astore ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : The War Prayer by Mark Twain ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Most people react to an emotional message and only much smaller number to a rational message. In other words, if you want to promote anything, appeal to the emotional or even animal part of the human nature. This is exactly what the Western propaganda is doing ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : The real culprit might be one of the parties who are real beneficiaries of this propaganda surge, including criminal elements connected to the Russian exile "mafia" types, Ukraine, or some of the shadowy US and UK security state players ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : WWII between Russia and the West would be over in 1-2 days (if that), and is basically a suicide. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : How the gas was administred in a place which was under surveillance and why passersby were not affected ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Was any poisonous gas present in the Skripal bench area. Looks highly unlikely ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : This is yet another insult against Russian technical knowhow. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Considering UK behavior towards Russia as a slap on face , Russia not only should but must demand immediate release of all information available to UK on this case and samples. It should be done in aggressive manner and backed by international law to which UK is a signer. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Asshole: Narcissist, sociopath, liar, thief, murderer, often sadistic, "special." ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life: In November 2017 British TV 6th session episode 5 of 'Strike Back" Novichok was used ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : A possible role of psychopath in human society ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : How do you know Skripal was murdered? Even the British haven't claimed that. In fact we don't even know that Skripal was injured. There have been no photos, no medical statements, we are just expected to believe all the fake news ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : The UK still refuses to provide the required-by-law materials to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapon. The whole "communication" with Russians re Skripal case has exposed a stunning incompetence ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Shadow of operation Gladio hangs over Skripal case ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : It is unlear if Novichok eve ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316* The French philosopher Alain Soral is quite right when he says that modern "journalists are either unemployed or prostitutes" ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180316 : Does Western civilization now reject real, objective truth emulating the USSR ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : The method attributed to poisoning of Skripal is the best indication of the false flag operation. Looks more and more like a recycled WMD hoax to justify attack on Syria ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : George Orwell sure can write this quote ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Up until now, I was in favor of Putin trying to keep cool demeanor and be reasonable. Time works in favor of Russia, so simply trying to wait the Western collapse out is not unreasonable strategy. But with the West starting to resort to something as extreme as poisoning its own lapdogs and blaming Russia for it without presenting a single shred of evidence, it might be a good time to reconsider and join the escalation train in earnest. ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Truth vs half-truth vs lie ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : How the Iraq War Destabilized the Entire Middle East ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180316* Are We Living Under a Military Coup ? ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180315 : Rephazing Hermann G ring famous quote ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : Russia is the Eastern Diamondback desperately trying to do all it can to avoid to have to strike. The West is the drunk idiot full of hubris, arrogance and a very mistaken sense of invulnerability saying " hold my beer and watch this! ". ( Mar 15, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180315 : Western demonization of Putin ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : The end of Pax Americana, the period of controlling USA global influence, might be more close that previously thought ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180315 : Pressure from Israel and the Lobby was not the only factor behind the decision to attack Iraq in March 2003, but it was critica ( Mar 15, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Iraq is a country, in which, even the most pro-American Iraqis (outside of the Kurdish dominated region), will, at this very moment deciding that they have been screwed! ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Hysterical hyperventilation of British authorities about Skripal incident suggests that it was pre-plnanned provocation, a false flag operation for fueling Russiphonia and Neo-McCarthyism ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : In effect, under Yeltsin our Harvard mafia turned Russia into African economy, never mind that Russian's aren't African's. This desire to rape and pillage the earth in order to take rents is a sophisticated, yet criminally insane method ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : If Putin is so diabolical and his information operations so elegant and effective he should execute one that breaks the chain of zionist influence on the US polity. That would prevent Armageddon and the world would be thankful. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314* Jefferson Morley on the CIA and Mossad Tradeoffs in the Formation of the US-Israel Strategic Relationship ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180314 : Latter Day America ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180314 : For WP editors, a victory for legal army of Syria in their own country' is defying the INTERNATIONAL order ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Japan was ready to surrender before the US dropped two A bombs ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Neocons are like clogged arteries you know they will be a problem but failing to comprehend the danger, that heart attack can occur most unexpectedly, killing the host ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : I think it's possible that the most idiotic conspiracy theorists are flocking to alternative websites that are dissenting from The Narrative. The Unz Review (probably also RT and other sites) is an obvious candidate for such spontaneous activity. But yes, there's a possibility that some conscious effort is made to make these websites look bad. ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : My worst fears have been realized and it seems the U.S. and Israel are trying to provoke Russia into a reaction that will justify wider war for the purpose of "securing the realm" ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : Christopher Steele As Seen By The New Yorker, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : The CIA Democrats: Part one by Patrick Martin ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180312* Obama's has continued his neoliberal ways after leaving office. Obama was NOT forced into neoliberal positions by terrible Repugs like his Obamabot apologists claimed repeatedly ( Mar 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180312* Colonizing the Western Mind using think tanks ( Mar 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180311 : I have the audacity to hope that the dismantling of the American Empire will proceed as copacetically as the dismantling of the Soviet Empire did ( Mar 11, 2018 , cluborlov.blogspot.ch )
- 20180311* Washington s Century-long War on Russia by Mike Whitney ( www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180311* Reality Check: The Guardian Restarts Push for Regime Change in Russia by Kit ( Mar 11, 2018 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180311 : The Rise or Decline of US Global Power A Critical Look at Alfred McCoy's New Book by Mike Byrne ( Mar 02, 2018 , medium.com )
- 20180310 : Us neocons and Jewish question ( Mar 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180310 : Neocons vs Jews ( Mar 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180309 : The National Endowment for (Meddling in) Democracy by Daniel Lazare ( Mar 08, 2018 , Consortiumnews )
- 20180308* A key piece of evidence pointing to 'Guccifer 2.0' being a fake personality created by the conspirators in their attempt to disguise the fact that the materials from the DNC published by 'WikiLeaks' were obtained by a leak rather than a hack had to do with the involvement of the former GCHQ person Matt Tait. ( Mar 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180308 : Kleptocracy the most typical form of corruption under neoliberalism, where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the financial oligarchy at the expense of the wider population, now even without pretense of honest service ( Mar 01, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180308 : Putin speech as a gift to US militarists ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180308 : And Now For The Good News by Justin Raimondo ( Mar 08, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180307 : America is incapable of viewing itself through the eyes of others, and has the kind of blind arrogance that I would best compare to late 19th and early 20th Century German militarism the deeply embedded German worldview (long before Hitler) of superiority, destiny, and the corresponding natural right to Empire. ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : The thing with "neocons" is that they're pathological liars and narcissists. ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180306 : The reason that Ziocon parasites have found such a fertile ground in the US is almost like an isolated island, whose people consider war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be pulled by their noses through their MSM to any war that Ziocons fancy. ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180306* The U.S. Returns to 'Great Power Competition,' With a Dangerous New Edge ( Mar 06, 2018 , fpif.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180306* The current anti-Russian sentiment in the West as hysterical. But this hysteria is concentrated at the top level of media elite and neocons. Behind it is no deep sense of unity or national resolve. In fact we see the reverse - most Western countries are deeply divided within themselves due to the crisis of neolineralism. ( Mar 06, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180305 : The reason that militarists have found such a fertile ground in the US is that it is like an isolated island. As the result the US population considers war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be brainwashed by MSM ( Mar 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180304* Generals who now are running the USA foreign policy represents a great danger. These men seem incapable of rising above the Russophobia that grew in the atmosphere of the Cold War. They yearn for world hegemony for the US and to see Russia and to a lesser extent China and Iran as obstacles to that dominion for the "city on a hill ( Mar 04, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180304 : RUSSIAGATE UKRAINE HOW THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION HEIGHTENS THE WAR DANGER Roger Stone Stone Cold Truth by Roger Stone ( Mar 02, 2018 , stonecoldtruth.com )
- 20180302* The main reason much of the highest echelons of American power are united against Trump might be that they're terrified that -- unlike Obama -- he's a really bad salesman for the US led neoliberal empire. This threatens the continuance of their well oiled and exceedingly corrupt gravy train ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180302 : Si>nce 1980th, very little has been done by US Federal Government for the benefit of the common citizen. A great deal has been done to facilitate the degradation of the standard of living of common citizen by the global one percent and by the costs of maintaining global neoliberal empire ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302* Fatal Delusions of Western Man by Pat Buchanan ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180302 : Neocon schumer plays identity politics ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180302 : Putin's 'Invincible' Missile Is Aimed at U.S. Vulnerabilities ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180301 : Russia is at war. Sanction is essentially a declaration of war ( Mar 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180301 : Putin The Man Who Stopped Washington s Regime Change Rampage by Mike Whitney ( Feb 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180227 : What is a crime and what is not ( Feb 27, 2018 , theconservativetreehouse.com )
- 20180227* Alfred McCoy The Rise and Decline of US Global Power ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180227* On Contact Decline of the American empire with Alfred McCoy ( Nov 26, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180226* Why one war when we can heve two! by Eric Margolis ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20180225 : US Aggression in Syria an Imperialist Blueprint ( Feb 25, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180225 : Ron Paul Warns We Can't Continue To Run The World ( Feb 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180225 : Kettle called pot blac: McFaul calls for branding RT foreign agent over involvement in the USA Presidential elections ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180224 : Chuck Schumer War Hawk or Progressive ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180223 : Is the CIA So Bad that Even When It Tells the Truth It Adds-In Lies ( Feb 23, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180222 : U.S. Empire Still Incoherent After All These Years -- Consortiumnews ( Feb 22, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180220 : Mapping Trump's Empire Assets and Liabilities by James Petras ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180220 : Hillary Clinton If I m President, We Will Attack Iran We Would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them. Global Research - Cent ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220* Russophobia is a futile bid to conceal US, European demise by Finian Cunningham ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180219 : Kim Dotcom Let Me Assure You, The DNC Hack Wasn t Even A Hack Zero Hedge ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180218 : Both agencies were complicit in the most infamous assassinations and false flag episodes since the Kennedy/MLK Vietnam days. Don't forget Air America CIA drug running and Iran/Contra / October Surprise affairs. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180218 : And, what about all the foreign nationals who post here in this forum on this blog? I daresay most offer opinions not complementary of the US government and its political menagerie. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180218* Had Hillary Won What Now by Andrew Levine ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180217 : Russia condemned and defined as the enemy of America with laughably little evidence (effing Facebook posts being about the extent of it) .... not a word about JEWISH MONEY controlling the entire political system in the USA. When Netanyahu gets 29 standing ovations from Congress should that not have triggered an FBI Investigation ( Feb 17, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180217 : Trump has at least one thing right our post-9-11 wars have been a mistake by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.bostonglobe.com )
- 20180217 : Looks like Obama Nobel Price was for reviving slavery market in Lybia ( Feb 17, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180217 : Former CIA Chief Admits US Meddling In Foreign Elections For Their Own Good ( Feb 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216* A Dangerous Turn in U.S. Foreign Policy ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180216 : Russians Spooked by Nukes-Against-Cyber-Attack Policy Consortiumnews ( Feb 16, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180216 : The Pathetic Inadequacy of the Trump Opposition The American Conservative by Paul Brian ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180216* The Deep Staters care first and foremost about themselves. ( Feb 16, 2018 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180216 : Mueller Indicts 13 Russians For Interfering In US Election ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : Where are these indictments ? Obama, Hillary Clinton, Victoria Nuland, Geoffrey Pyatt and John McCain. ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : What is the definition of a fake social media account ? What is the crime for operatine a fake social medial account? Is this the standard by which we will all be judged? ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : This is how empires truly end. The empire loses legitimacy, in the eyes of the populace. Mainly because the empire has to accommodate all the subjugated cultures. The elections have always been rigged ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180215 : The US is interfering in Russia's elections. ( Feb 15, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180215 : Guardian's "Putin stealing election" shows new wave of Russia-hate being rolled out by Catte ( Feb 15, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180215 : Russophobia a Futile Bid to Conceal US, European Decline by Finian Cunningham ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180214 : The Lies That Enable Perpetual War ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : President Trump has pursued an agenda mirroring the police state operations of the FBI – only on a global scale by James Petras ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180214* The FBI and the President – Mutual Manipulation by James Petras ( Feb 09, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180214 : Is John Brennan the Mastermind behind Russiagate by Mike Whitney ( Feb 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180212* The Age of Lunacy: The Doomsday Machine ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212* Ike's Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex Is Alive and Very Well by William J. Astore ( Feb 12, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212 : Barack Obama: Crime Boss by Stephen Lendman ( Apr 18, 2009 , www.foreignpolicyjournal.com )
- 20180211 : Western sanctions have been a net benefit to Russia over the last three years keeping capital in the country and giving the agricultural, food processing and light manufacturing industries some room to breathe and develop free from Western competition. ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180211 : Trump s Illegal War in Syria Is Getting More Dangerous by Daniel Larison ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180210* The generals are not Borgists. They are something worse ... ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180210* More on neoliberal newspeak of US propaganda machine ( Feb 10, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180209 : Our Enemy, Ourselves by William J. Astore ( Feb 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180208* Try Googling Riggs Bank – a lot of interesting information emerges, on matters such as their involvement with Prince Bandar. So, what we are dealing with is a joint Anglo-American attempt to create a comprador oligarchy who could loot Russia s raw materials resources ( Feb 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180208 : Most of those people are badly educated (I am not talking about worthless formal degrees they hold) and cultured. In dry scientific language it is called a "confirmation bias", in a simple human one it is called being ignorant snobs ( Feb 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180207 : Obama was involved, up to his skinny neck, in the efforts (continuing as we speak) to unseat Trump. ( Feb 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180207 : FBI lovers texts show Obama wanted info on Clinton probe ( Feb 07, 2018 , dailymail.co.uk )
- 20180206 : The sanctions list means that holding Western assets has become more risky for Russian oligarchs. They can iether remove Putin, reparticate assets back to Russa or defect to the West and lose Russian assets by The Saker ( Feb 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180206 : The War That Never Ends (for the U.S. Military High Command), by Danny Sjursen - The Unz Review ( Feb 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180204 : Operation Condor How NSA Director Mike Rogers Saved The U.S. From a Massive Constitutional Crisis ( Feb 04, 2018 , theconservativetreehouse.com )
- 20180203 : Sanders on Trump s State of the Union: Not a word on Nuclear War threat, anti-Russian and anti-Iranian crusades! ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180203 : Memo: Democrats Made Up Evidence Enabled Eavesdropping On Trump Campaign ( Feb 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180203 : Is USAID really a CIA front - Quora ( Feb 03, 2018 , www.quora.com )
- 20180203 : Did Barack Obama really ordered the CIA to train ISIS ( Feb 03, 2018 , www.quora.com )
- 20180202 : The "Kremlin list" Is a Bullet Aimed at Putin's Heart by Paul Craig Roberts ( Feb 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180202 : 'Kremlin List' Made Public What's in Store for US-Russia Relationship ( Feb 02, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180202 : As in all empires, power is passing to the generals. Nunes memo can speed the process ( Feb 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180131 : There might be a method in Trump's apparent madness ( Jan 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180130* Washington Reaches New Heights of Insanity with the "Kremlin Report" by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180130* The Unseen Wars of America the Empire The American Conservative ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180130 : John Bolton Remains Leading Candidate to Replace H. R. McMaster ( Jan 28, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180130 : 3 Little-Known Problems With the National Defense Strategy by Michael O'Hanlon ( Jan 30, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180129 : US Ambassador Urges Russia To React Calmly To Corrupt Oligarchs List Due Monday ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180129* It is OK for an empire to be hated and feared, it doesn t work so good when Glory slowly fades and he empire instead becomes hated and despised ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180129 : Remarks by James Mattis on the National Defense Strategy by James Mattis ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180129 : America's National Defense Is Really Offense by Philip M. Giraldi ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180128* Russiagate Isn t About Trump, And It Isn t Even Ultimately About Russia by Caitlyn Johnstone ( Jan 28, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180127* The Rich Also Cry by Israel Shamir ( Jan 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180127* As of January 2018 Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey, is starting to look like something Trump should have done sooner. ( Jan 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180127 : Remember that both Pence and Tillerson were outspoken Never Trumpers. ( Jan 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180126 : The US elite has such a world shattering level of hubris that they don't even consider that they themselves could be destroyed in a conflagration of their own making. ( Jan 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180126 : Ukraine, Syria, Russiagate, the Media, and the Risk of Nuclear War, by Robert Roth - The Unz Review ( Jan 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180124 : Nones: who is wantching the watchmen ( Dec 12, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180124 : Bombshell! Trump Was Unmasked! Trump Wire Tapped! Crickets From You! Democrats Freaking Out! ( Mar 22, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180124 : It is now undisputable: there was a FAKE investigation of HR and frame-up of Trump by the FBI ( Jan 24, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180122 : What unites us: new links of Melian Dialogue with Purple color revolution against Trump ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180122 : US Intelligence Could Well Have Wiretapped Trump by Ron Paul ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180122 : Trump Jr. on FISA memo Media, Democrats working together to deceive Americans ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.washingtonexaminer.com )
- 20180122* Pentagon Unveils Strategy for Military Confrontation With Russia and China by Bill Van Auken ( Jan 22, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180122 : German Imperialism as a tool of the "Kingdom of Money" by Thomas Fazi ( Jan 21, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180122 : Remarks by President Trump on the Administration's National Security Strategy ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.whitehouse.gov )
- 20180122 : Who's Lying FBI Says 5 Months Of Texts Lost, Yet IG Horowitz Says His Office Received Them In August ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180121 : The FISA Memo Is All The Ammo Trump Needs To Take On The CIA by Tom Luongo ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180120 : As of today, Gen. Mathis exposing the new Us Defense Strategy warned that: The US will counter any threat to America s democracy experiment in the world, if necessary with military force ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180119* #ReleaseTheMemo Extensive FISA abuse memo could destroy the entire Mueller Russia investigation by Alex Christoforou ( Jan 19, 2018 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180119* No Foreign Bases Challenging the Footprint of US Empire by Kevin B. Zeese and Margaret Flowers ( Jan 18, 2018 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180117* Neoconning the Trump White House by Kelley Beaucar Vlahos ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180117 : Truman was a lot like obomba. shaped, modeled and fluffed to appear to be a thoughtful, moral and decent fellow - everyman, but in reality an empty suit and a useful frontispiece ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180116 : How One Employee Pushed The Wrong Button And Unleashed Doomsday Panic Across Hawaii Zero Hedge ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180114 : Militarism and empire building means devastation at home ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180113 : RIP Marc Raskin, Who Connected the Dots Between Inequality and War ( Jan 13, 2018 , fpif.org )
- 20180112* The DOJ and FBI Worked With Fusion GPS on Operation Trump ( Jan 12, 2018 , theconservativetreehouse.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180108 : President Trump's Jerusalem Decision means The End of Hegemony by James Petras ( Jan 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180108 : Trump s Failed Coup in Iran by Eric Margolis ( Jan 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180107 : Trump's Failed Coup in Iran, by Eric Margolis - The Unz Review ( Jan 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180106 : Russia Says U.S. Media Will Be Banned From Parliament ( Dec 01, 2017 , www.hollywoodreporter.com )
- 20180106 : Hollywood's Top Three Challenges to Doing Business in Russia in 2018 ( Jan 06, 2018 , www.hollywoodreporter.com )
- 20180106* Trump's triumph revealed the breadth of popular anger at politics as usual the blend of neoliberal domestic policy and interventionist foreign policy that constitutes consensus in Washington ( Jan 06, 2018 , lrb.co.uk ) [Recommended]
- 20180105 : Corruption and inequality fuelling protests in Iran, by Patrick Cockburn ( Jan 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180103 : Reviewing Trump's 2017 Foreign Policy Record by Daniel Larison ( Jan 03, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180103 : WP is certainly exaggerating when it claims 'tens of thousands' of people have protested in Iran. Most of the pictures in this WaPo article are pictures of pro-government rallies. ( Jan 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180103 : Iran - Few Protests - Some Riots - U.S. Prepares The Next Phase ( Jan 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180102 : Haley and the Trump Administration's Contempt for Diplomacy ( Jan 02, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180102 : Meet Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Secret Source In Trump Probe – The Forward ( Mar 30, 2017 , forward.com )
- 20180102 : The Deep State's War on Ezra Cohen-Watnick by Daniel Greenfield ( Mar 31, 2017 , www.frontpagemag.com )
- 20180102 : False flag attacks using sharpshooters as a standard instrument of color revolutions ( Jan 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180102* Neocon warmongers should be treated as rapists by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102* Jill Stein in the Cross-hairs by Mike Whitney ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : BOOK REVIEW: America s War for the Greater Middle East by Andrew J. Bacevich by David Rohde ( Apr 15, 2016 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180102* American exceptionalism extracts a price from common citizens ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : Hillary Clinton and neoLiberal American Exceptionalism ( Jan 05, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20180102* The Idolatry of the Donald ( www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180101 : Nah, just random accidents of history. Oh hold on a minute, can I see a pattern here? ( Jan 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180101 : What Will US-Russia Relations Look Like in 2018 by Nikolas Gvosdev ( Jan 01, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20171231* Maybe Trump was the deep state candidate of choice? Maybe that s why they ran Clinton against him rather than the more electable Sanders? Maybe that s why Obama started ramping up tensions with Russia in the early fall of 2016 – to swing the election to Trump (by giving the disgruntled anti-war Sanders voters a false choice between Trump or war with Russia? ( Dec 31, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171231* Brainwashing as a key component of the US social system by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 25, 2015 , Zero Hedge ) [Recommended]
- 20171231* How America Spreads Global Chaos by Nicolas J.S. Davies ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171231* Truth-Killing as a Meta-Issue ( May 05, 2017 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171230 : The recent blather in the "Conservative" Commentariat that Haley is looking like Presidential material. God help us all ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171230 : Nikki Haley The Bold Scold of the Trump Administration by Doug Bandow ( Dec 27, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171230 : Not a single officer resigned in protest despite the fact that the US is deeply in bed with ISIS and those who are responsible, at least according to the official conspiracy theory, for 9/11 ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171230 : Iran - Regime Change Agents Hijack Economic Protests ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171228* How CrowdStrike placed malware in DNC hacked servers by Alex Christoforou ( Dec 28, 2017 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171228* The CIA as Organized Crime How Illegal Operations Corrupt America and the World ( Nov 27, 2016 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171228 : Our well informed, and, on top of it all, UN ambassador ( Dec 28, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171227 : Putin may be in more trouble than we know ( Dec 27, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171227* Putin is one smart statesman; he knows very well it makes no difference which candidates gets elected in US elections. Any candidate that WOULD make a difference would NEVER see the daylight of nomination, especially at the presidential level. I myself believe all the talk of Russia interfering the 2016 Election is no more than a witch hunt ( Dec 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171227 : Wayne Masden - Five Eyes and Color Revolutions ( May 26, 2015 , Strategic Culture Foundation )
- 20171227 : Coup detat: A Practical Handbook by Edward N. Luttwak ( Apr 11, 2016 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171227 : Trump's Continuation of US Interventionism Consortiumnews ( Dec 27, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171227 : In my opinion, this is a typical color revolution. The US has so often used the mechanism of "color revolutions" in other countries that they were unable to remove this cup from their lips ( Nov 11, 2016 , www.mkd.mk )
- 20171226 : Are sanctions pushing Russians to rally around the flag Not exactly ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171226 : The role of intelligence agencies and NGOs in color revolution is to make a palace coup (of their sponsorship) look like a social revolution; to help fill the streets with fearless (and well paid) demonstrators and then institute a regime change installing their puppets projecting on them authenticity of popular democracy and revolutionary fervor ( Dec 26, 2017 , colorrevolutionsandgeopolitics.blogspot.com )
- 20171226 : National Security Searches for a Strategy by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171225 : The USA as neocons occupied country ( Apr 28, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20171225 : The Petro-Yuan Bombshell and Its Relation to the New US Security Doctrine ( Dec 25, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20171225 : As American Statecraft Crumbles into Dangerous Incoherence, Where is the Senate By Andrew Bacevich Common Dreams ( Dec 25, 2017 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20171225 : Kamala Harris Pisses Off Intelligence Committee Chairman When She Tries to Control Senate Hearing! ( Dec 25, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171224 : Nikki Haley's Speech to UN on Jerusalem ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20171224 : UN votes resoundingly to reject Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171223 : Danny Sjursen Three Administrations, One Standard Playbook by Tom Engelhardt ( Dec 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171223 : Neocons and Neoliberals -- Two Masks, One Face by WashingtonsBlog ( Nov 10, 2008 , www.washingtonsblog.com )
- 20171223 : The Saudi 'Cakewalk' Into Iran The American Conservative ( Dec 23, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171222* When Sanity Fails - The Mindset of the Ideological Drone by The Saker ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171222 : The way I see it "an ocean of blood" in Iraq was unleashed following US invasion, and it included plenty of American blood. Young healthy American men lost their lifes in Iraq, lost their their bodyparts (arms, legs, their nuts), lost their sanity, and as an American I can't imagine that you were pleased about that. ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171222 : Will the US try to Pull Maidan Scenario in Russia by Konrad Stachnio ( Sep 20, 2014 , abundanthope.net )
- 20171222 : Felix Keverich ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171222 : When Russians Were Americanophiles, by Anatoly Karlin ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171220 : It seems like the intelligence agencies are spending more time monitoring politicians and public than Al Queda. ( Mar 23, 2017 , )
- 20171220 : Three Administrations, One Standard Playbook - Antiwar.com Original ( Dec 20, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171219 : I won t be optimistic about AmeriKKKa until Russia and/or China announce a Zero Tolerance policy toward US military adventurism in countries on the borders of Russia/China. But this will never happen ( Dec 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171219 : MoA - The New National Security Strategy Paves A Path To Isolation ( Dec 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171219 : Anatol Lieven: A Trap of Their Own Making The consequences of the new imperialism. Book review LRB 8 May 2003 ( May 08, 2003 , )
- 20171218 : Strangelove impersonations ( Dec 18, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20171218 : Who is Ashton Carter ( Dec 03, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171218 : Can The Deep State Be Cured ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171217 : Obama Encouraged 'Deep State' 'De Facto Coup' Against Trump ( Dec 17, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20171216 : Surveillance Confirmed Of President Trump. Obama spied on Trump. where is the arrest ( Dec 16, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : Former CIA director speaks out against Russia-gate conspiracy ( Dec 12, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : Former CIA Director Admits Targeting Trump Was Stupid! ( Dec 15, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : Team Obama Gets Caught Committing Political Espionage, Spying on Trump His Team ( Dec 16, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : OBAMA OFFICIALS FACING CRIMINAL CHARGES FOR UNMASKING TRUMP TEAM Bob Woodward Explains Charges ( Dec 16, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : Multiple Felonies Committed By Obama Admin. Obama Surveillance on Trump. ( Dec 16, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171216 : CIA Insider Releases 47 Hard Drives Revealing Obama Spying On Trump - YouTube ( Dec 12, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171214* With the 2018 midterms on the horizon, Moscow proposed a sweeping noninterference agreement with the United States. The Trump administration said no ( Dec 12, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171214 : Mr. Michael Morell (the former director of the CIA)) who has just confessed his treason in support of H. Clinton ( Dec 14, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171212* When a weaker neoliberal state fights the dominant neoliberal state, the center of neoliberal empire, it faces economic sanctions and can t retaliate using principle eye for eye ( Jul 30, 2014 , marknesop.wordpress.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* When Washington Cheered the Jihadists Consortiumnews ( Dec 10, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171209* Hyping the Russian Threat to Undermine Free Speech by Max Blumenthal ( Nov 13, 2017 , www.truthdig.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171209 : The Rot Of American Party Elites ( the 'Republican Intellectual Elite' means the neocons ) ( Dec 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171208 : Tillerson: Biggest Snag in U.S.-Russia Relations is Ukraine, Not Election Meddling by Robbie Gramer ( Dec 07, 2017 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20171207 : Trump just announced that the US now recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Is there not enough chaos in the Mideast? ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171207 : Tillerson, Mattis Warned Trump Against Embassy Move by Mark Perry ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171207 : Trump Settles Debt With Zionists - Confirms That Iran's Struggle Is Righteous ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171205 : Schizophrenic nonsense about Russia in Western MSM ( Jan 31, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171205 : Russians are concerned with the possibility of organizing Maidan in their country by Western intelligence and internal neoliberal fifth column ( Jan 16, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20171204 : The drive for world hegemony generally, and financial hegemony specifically exhast the nation. Neoliberal elite like Bolsheviks in the past have sacrificed America's enormous and creative productive capacities, as well as its socio-political well-being in the quest for their goal. Soon they might start sacrificing their vassals (the EU's) as well. ( Dec 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171203* Stephen Kotkin How Vladimir Putin Rules ( Mar 28, 2015 , Foreign Affairs ) [Recommended]
- 20171203 : West has over-reached and can barely handle its own problems ( Dec 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171202* There is a strong continuity in American foreign policy that transcend whatever administration happens to be in office ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171202* How the United Nations Supports the American Empire by JP Sottile ( Sep 21, 2017 , theantimedia.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171202* America s Darwinian Nationalism by Robert Kaplan ( Oct 02, 2017 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171201* Neocon Chaos Promotion in the Mideast ( Apr 15, 2015 , antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Heritage Foundation + the War Industry What a Pair by Paul Gottfried ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Money Imperialism by Michael Hudson ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130 : The people who worked in int l finance in the 90s (representing countries to the WB and IMF) knew about the criminal callousness of these institutions when pushing austerity or reform policies. Local elites sometimes were complacent and profited (those privatizations! those newly opened markets!), sometimes resisted, but the US and the multilateral system –financial or otherwise– are ruthless and very hard to resist. ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171130 : State Department Condemns Designation Of Media As Foreign Agents (only applies to Russia) ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171130 : The people who worked in intl finance in the 90s (representing countries to the WB and IMF) knew about the criminal callousness of these institutions when pushing austerity or reform policies. Local elites sometimes were complacent and profited (those privatizations! those newly opened markets!), sometimes resisted, but the US and the multilateral system –financial or otherwise– are ruthless and very hard to resist. ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171129* The Russian Question by Niall Ferguson ( foreignpolicy.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171129 : Trumps Saudi Scheme Unravels ( Nov 29, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171128* The Duplicitous Superpower by Ted Galen Carpenter ( Nov 28, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171122 : Here is an analysis of how much Israel spent to influence USA elections ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : DECAMERON And Now, Calling to Start US War in Syria All Over Again ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : Just imagine what songs Bandar Bush is singing in the Ritz these days ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171118 : State Department's New Victoria Nuland...is Just Like the Old Victoria Nuland ( Nov 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171113 : People who are told at every possible opportunity how exceptional they are, are also likely to accept the war crimes of their leaders, as these are of course exceptional leaders. The U.S. can unilaterally withdraw from all treaties against war crimes and attack anybody at will - because exceptional countries must be given the freedom to do what their decrepitude demands. ( Nov 13, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171112 : You can't half pregnant. If it was not Russia then who? Seth Rish? Brennan people? NSA? ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20171112 : Trump says Putin sincere in denial of Russian meddling by Karen DeYoung, Ashley Parker and David Nakamura ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171112 : Trump believes Putin on Russia meddling, says Mueller may cost lives by Julian Borger & Oliver Holmes ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171111 : Trump Points To Falsehoods In Russian Hacking Claims - Media Still Ignore Them ( Nov 11, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171111 : Saudi Crown Prince Consolidates Power With Anti-Corruption Arrests ( Nov 10, 2017 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20171108 : Can Putin Survive by George Friedman ( Mar 24, 2015 , Stratfor )
- 20171108 : Although most Americans today reject the official (lone gunman) account of the Kennedy assassination, they also have doubts about alternative versions involving CIA as the main culprit. This means the CIA program was successful, for its aim was not to sell the Warren Commission, but to sow uncertainty. Today, people are not only uncertain, they have given up ever learning the truth ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171108 : Trump's Anti-Restraint Foreign Policy by Daniel Larison ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171108 : More 'Fake News,' Alas, From the New York Times The American Conservative by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171108 : The Trump Administration's Contempt for Diplomacy ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171105* China and the US Rational Planning and Lumpen Capitalism by James Petras ( Nov 05, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171105 : US sent troops to Lebanon in 1958 ( Nov 05, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171105 : China's Great Leap Forward Western Frogs Croak Dismay ( Nov 05, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171105 : The military industrial complex did make a killing in Iraq though (no pun intended). Just a coincidence I suppose ( Nov 05, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171104* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Leads US President Trump to War with Iran by Prof. James Petras ( Oct 26, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20171104 : Duty, Honor, Atrocity ( Nov 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171101 : JFK and the Unspeakable Why He Died and Why It Matters James W. Douglass ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Mary's Mosaic The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Why Donald Trump is the perfect tool in the hands of neocons right now ( Oct 21, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20171101 : The Devil's Chessboard Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government David Talbot 9780062276179 Amazon ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : JFK The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171031* Above All - The Junta Expands Its Claim To Power ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171031 : JFK was taken out by a combined US Naval Intel and CIA plot. The beneficiary was the MIC ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : Empire inevitably breeds corruption among ruled and rulers alike ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171031 : The US's imperial wars were fought on behalf of a handful of the wealthy and powerful Americans. Ordinary Americans have less support from the government and the oligarchs that dominate it than any other developed nation. Their struggle is more daunting, their lives less secure than their European counterparts. With each new military adventure, they become less well off with less access to decent housing, a healthy diet, healthcare, education ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : Neocons Hijack Trump's Syria Policy - Ron Paul Asks Haven't We Done Enough Damage ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171030 : New York Times Acknowledges US Global Empire by Sheldon Richman ( Oct 30, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171029* Whose Bright Idea Was RussiaGate by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 03, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029* Deciphering Trumps Foreign Policy by Oscar Silva-Valladares ( Oct 28, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029 : John Feffer The Real Disuniting of America by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171029 : The elte is continuing globalization push. S>heeple are too mesmerized by TV, weed, games, phones, sports, booze, food, the internet and their shitty jobs to ever realize they are in a cage. ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171027 : How Saddam Hussein Predicted America's Failure in Iraq ( Oct 27, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171025 : Tell Me How This Ends ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171024 : Western competitors are doing their best to disrupt the Russia-Slovakia deal on Tigr supplies in order to sell Slovaks their own military equipment ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171024 : Old color revolutions plan, some new stooges ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171024 : The US lurches toward military dictatorship by Andre Damon ( Oct 23, 2017 , www.wsws.org )
- 20171024 : Our Quest For 'Absolute Security' Guarantees Forever War by Danny Sjursen ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171024 : The country's civilian leadership neither knows where the US military operates, nor dares to inquire. Wars are not declared. Those who lead them are not accountable to Congress or the people. The military is deployed at the discretion of the president and his generals ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171023 : If granny had become POTUS there might have been a lot more radiation around the world because of her "charm". ( Oct 23, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171022 : Trump and His 'Beautiful' Weapons by William Blum ( Oct 21, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171021 : Socialism, Land and Banking 2017 compared to 1917 by Michael Hudson ( Oct 20, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171021 : Washington Funds Foreign Think Tanks That Blacklist Opponents of Neocon Foreign Policy by Ron Paul ( Oct 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171019 : The U.S. Military - Pampered, Safe And Very Scared ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171017 : The Lobby British Style by Philip M. Giraldi ( Oct 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171017 : Ukraine and Latin America Same neocon cabal behind political disruption by Wayne Madsen ( Mar 24, 2014 , www.intrepidreport.com )
- 20171017 : Latin-Americanization of the xUSSR space is what essentially State Department tried to accomplish. They were successful in Ukraine. by Robert Parry ( Dec 28, 2014 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171016 : Trump Looks Set to Start Blowing Up the Iran Deal by Eli Clifton ( Oct 16, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20171016 : Can Trump be that moronic? Bombast over reason? Threats over diplomacy? Ego over maturity? Boobs over brains? ( Oct 16, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171016 : Trump acts like the proverbial bull in a china shop. Which might be the symptom of floundering, weakened, posturing US Empire -- decending into empty threats (Iran, NK) which are often rightly dismissed by others. Which make this historical period very dangerous indeed. ( Oct 16, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171015 : Repudiate the Carter Doctrine by Michael Klare ( Jan 23, 2009 , fpif.org )
- 20171015 : The Carter Doctrine at 30 by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 15, 2017 , www.worldaffairsjournal.org )
- 20171015 : Kerry Re-writes History of U.S. Support for Color Revolutions by Wayne MADSEN ( Jun 03, 2015 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20171015 : Is Trump the Heir to Reagan? by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Oct 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171014 : The Deep State's Bogus 'Iranian Threat' by David Stockman ( Oct 14, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171014 : The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Oct 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171013* Sympathy for the Corporatocracy by C. J. Hopkins ( Oct 13, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171011 : Russia may demand U.S. cut diplomatic staff in Russia to 300 or below RIA by Maria Kiselyova ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20171011 : The Myths of Interventionists by Daniel Larison ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171010 : America Causes War, Sorrow, Poverty - Epic Rant From #1 Russian Anchor (Kiselyov) ( Oct 10, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20171010 : Izreal gets 77 percent of oil from Kurdistan. No wonder Israel is making ties to Kurdistan and bucking the central government of Iraq ( Oct 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171009* Dennis Kucinich We Must Challenge the Two-Party Duopoly Committed to War by Adam Dick ( Oct 09, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171009* After Nine Months, Only Stale Crumbs in Russia Inquiry by Scott Ritter ( Oct 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009* Autopilot Wars by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009 : Corker Strikes Back by Daniel Larison ( Oct 09, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171009 : Amazon.com Empire of Illusion The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle by Chris Hedges ( Oct 09, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171008 : Todays Republicans Democrats are just two sides of the same coin. We ought to just call them what they really all are -- Neocons. ( Oct 08, 2017 , steemit.com )
- 20171007 : Us can win against Russi or china but not both of them. And niether Russia or china would allow the other to be destroyed byt he USA. That means end of the US world ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171007 : Wars are costly and uncertain events even in case of overwhelming technical superiority that the USA still enjoys (against most non-nuclear countries) ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171004 : Wheels and Deals Trouble Brewing in the House of Saud by Pepe Escobar ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171004 : The Logical (and Coming) End to the US Empire by Robert Abele ( Jul 29, 2013 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171004 : How Kurdish Independence Underpins Israel's Plan to Reshape the Middle East by Jonathan Cook ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171004 : The American Religion of War by William J. Astore ( Oct 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171004 : Neocons credo: We have earned the right to influence public debate, we have earned the right to be heard, we have contributed disproportionately to success of this country... ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171004 : Why talk about Jewish influence is mostly baloney. People are better then ideologies. neocon are lobbists for MIC first, and only then Israeli firsters ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171004 : Elizabeth K bler-Ross' five stages of grief, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance are important for understanding not only individual behavior when we are faced with personal loss but entire societies and civilizations ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171003* The Vietnam Nightmare -- Again by Eric Margolis ( Sep 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171003 : That Europe might become an independent "third force" has been a matter of concern to U.S. planners since World War II ( Oct 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171003 : US military vehicles paraded 300 yards from the Russian border by Michael Birnbaum ( Feb 24, 2015 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171003 : Are You Ready to Die by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171002 : The Kurdish independence referendum was a political miscalculation ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171002 : Presidential Candidates Push American Supremacy, Not National Defenss and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt ( Jul 09, 2016 , therealnews.com )
- 20171001 : Goodbye, American neoliberalism. A new era is here by Cornel West ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171001 : Gaius Publius The American Flag and What It Stands For ( Oct 01, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170930* Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart. Is Skepticism Permissible Yet by Glenn Greenwald ( Sep 28, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170930 : Yanis Varoufakis Schauble Leaves but Schauble-ism Lives On by Yanis Varoufakis ( Sep 30, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170929 : Bernie Sanders To Democrats This Is What a Radical Foreign Policy Looks Like ( Sep 29, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170929 : Escalating Tensions Over Kurdish Referendum by Daniel Larison ( Sep 29, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170928 : John Kiriakou on blowing the whistle on the CIA torture network ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170927 : Sanctions and counter-sanctions cost the EU US 3.2 billion a month; the Russian economy has lost US 55 billion in total. He calculates the total cost to both at US 155 billion ( Sep 27, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170927* Come You Masters of War by Matthew Harwood ( Sep 26, 2017 , www.fff.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170927 : Anthem Sprinting ! Crooked Timber ( Sep 27, 2017 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20170927 : Philip Giraldi's Remedy for Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170925* I am presently reading the book JFK and the Unspeakable by James W.Douglass and it is exactly why Kennedy was assassinated by the very same group that desperately wants to see Trump gone and the rapprochement with Russia squashed ( Jun 26, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20170925 : How the US Became a Warmonger Police State by Paul Craig Roberts ( Sep 21, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170924* How Sony, Obama, Seth Rogen and the CIA Secretly Planned to Force Regime Change in North Korea by Tim Shorrock ( Sep 05, 2017 , www.alternet.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170924 : Trump allies see vindication in reports on Manafort wiretapping ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170924 : Trump misreads North Koreas sacred dynasty at his peril by Michael Brabazon ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170924 : A German Election Analysis ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170924 : Ex-CIA Director Obama Should Retaliate To Russian Election Hacks Now ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.forbes.com )
- 20170924 : Obama exposed as White House 'salter' -- foreign CIA operative, puppet, with falsified credentials " Intellihub ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.intellihub.com )
- 20170924 : Former CIA director on Clinton, Bush, and Obama's leadership styles - Business Insider ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.businessinsider.com )
- 20170924 : Former CIA Officer Just EXPOSED OBAMA... Our Worst Fears Are TRUE! ( Sep 24, 2017 , thepoliticalinsider.com )
- 20170924 : Barack Obama, CIA Agent ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.spingola.com )
- 20170924 : Bombshell Barack Obama conclusively outed as CIA creation ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.infowars.com )
- 20170924 : Donald Trump is now embarked on a Pyongyang-style military-first policy in which resources, money, and power are heading for the Pentagon and the U.S. nuclear arsenal, while much of the rest of the government is downsized ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923 : Russia's foreign minister said Friday the downturn in relations with the United States began with the Obama administration's "small-hearted" and "revengeful" actions and has plummeted further because of "Russo-phobic hysteria." ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.yahoo.com )
- 20170923* The Exit Strategy of Empire by Wendy McElro ( Sep 23, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170923 : The Dangerous Decline of U.S. Hegemony by Daniel Lazare ( Sep 21, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170923 : The Crazy Imbalance of Russia-gate by Robert Parry ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170923 : The Iraqi regime was completely transparent to U.S. intelligence. They had an asset right at the top of the government, at the cabinet level, for example, somebody who would have known whether Iraq had WMD or not. ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923 : "The Telegraph has learnt that two senior experts with Mossad, the Israeli military intelligence service, were sent to Washington in August to alert the CIA and FBI to the existence of a cell of as many of 200 terrorists said to be preparing a big operation. ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923 : The Nuclear War That Almost Was and the Man Who Prevented It ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170923 : MoA - NATO's Fakenews Russia Scare Increases Defense Waste ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170922 : The Sci-Fi Roots of the Far Right!From 'Lucifer's Hammer' to Newt's Moon Base to Donald's Wall by David Auerbach ( Sep 22, 2017 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20170921 : Why Isn't There a Debate about America's Grand Strategy ( Sep 21, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170921 : Trump's UN Speech A Neocon Dream by Daniel McAdams ( Sep 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170921 : The Worst Mistake in US History by Jacob G. Hornberger ( Sep 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170920 : Foreign Policy Realists Hit Nerve With Establishment Elite by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170920* The Politics of Military Ascendancy by James Petras ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170920 : Trumps Belligerent U.N. Speech by Daniel Larison ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170920 : The hubris, ignorance and stupidity in face of the failure of "regime change" operation in Syria ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170920 : Sovereign Nations Is Main Theme Of Trump's UN Speech ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170919* The Glaring Omissions in Trumps U.N. Speech by Daniel Larison ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170919* Trump behaviour at UN and Nixon's "madman gambit" against Soviets ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.msn.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170919 : Since the initial strike in April, the Trump administration has deliberately attacked regime or allied forces an additional five times ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919 : If you supported Trump because you thought he might be some sort of isolationist dove, you have only yourself to blame ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170918 : Why Petraeus, Obama And Brennan Should Face 5,000 Years In Prison ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170917 : A Letter to My American Friends by The Saker ( Sep 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170916 : Germany Is About to Choose a Leader. Heres the Situation ( Sep 16, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170913* A despot in disguise: one mans mission to rip up democracy by George Monbiot ( Sep 13, 2017 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170905 : Medvedev said that the Trump signed sanctions bill is an attempt to squeeze Russia out of foreign markets by Michael Averko ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.eurasiareview.com )
- 20170905 : Should Tillerson Resign by Daniel Larison ( Aug 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170904 : Make no mistake, the latest US thuggery is a sign of weakness, not strength ( Sep 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170903 : Anyone who blames the US for something it is not responsible for, in an attempt to distract from the country's economic issues for example, is an anti-American ( Sep 03, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170903 : Russian consulate shutdown Deep State victory or Trumps attempt to avoid impeachment ( Sep 03, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170903 : US raid of Russian diplomatic sites a parade of power to reassert claim for global dominion ( Sep 03, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170903 : Russia Urges Washington To Come To Their Senses Over Consulate, Denounces Blunt Act Of Hostility ( Sep 03, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170903 : It seems that nearly every week Congress is passing bills that are intended to pummel one foreign adversary or another. Russia and Iran have become particular favorites ( Sep 03, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170903 : Proper response would be for Russia to nationalize their bank ( Sep 03, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170902 : Washington and Moscow Must Embrace Détente -- Despite Trump by Katrina vanden Heuvel ( Sep 02, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170902 : Cutting Iran out of SWIFT, while caused some harm, does not have the effects the USA expected. Russia is probably better prepared now such move and can borrow some Iran experience using smartphones as a substitute to credit cards, at least domestically ( Sep 02, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170902 : Iranians and Their iPhones, and the Futility of Sanctions by Paul R. Pillar ( Sep 02, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170902 : US Warns Russia Relationship in a Downward Spiral ( Sep 02, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170902 : Moscow summons US Ambassador to submit protest note over diplomatic downsizing ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170831 : US orders Russia to close consulate and annexes in diplomatic reprisal ( Aug 31, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170830 : The goal of wars in the 21st century will not be the seizure of territories, but the subordination of the state apparatus and the formation of a system of external governance of the peoples residing on these territories ( Aug 30, 2017 , inosmi.ru )
- 20170828 : Countdown To War On Venezuela - Step II Trump Imposes More Sanctions ( Aug 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170826 : Total amount of capital that private Russian citizens have taken offshore exceeds one trillion dollars ( Aug 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170825 : Russia is accusing US and NATO of bringing ISIS fighters to Afghanistan -according to Indian ex diplomat ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170825 : Korea, Afghanistan and the Never Ending War Trap by Pepe Escobar ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170824 : RUSSIAN FEDERATION SITREP 24 AUGUST 2017 ( Aug 24, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170824 : The US army is the military branch of the US corporate neocolonialism ( Aug 24, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170823 : Trump the Hawk: If there is one useful thing to come from Trump's bad decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan, it is that it has once and for all killed off the idea that Trump was ever inclined to end America's open-ended wars ( Aug 23, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170823 : Trump's Revised and Rereleased Foreign Policy: The World Policeman is Back ( Aug 09, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net )
- 20170823 : Amerika got where it is today by being a fork tongued double dealer whose words aren't worth the paper ( Aug 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170821 : Steve Bannon Plots Fox News Competitor As He Goes To War With Globalists, Report ( Aug 21, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170820 : Conservatives react with fury to Bannons departure. The chief strategist had been involved in a nasty tug-of-war with what his allies view as the globalist wing of the White House, represented by Trumps son-in-law Jared Kushner, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn and national security adviser H.R. McMaster by Jonathan Easley ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170820 : Conservatives react with fury to Bannon's departure. The chief strategist had been involved in a nasty tug-of-war with what his allies view as the "globalist" wing of the White House, represented by Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn and national security adviser H.R. McMaster by Jonathan Easley ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170820 : Trump Loses Anti-War Aide In Bannon The Daily Caller ( Aug 20, 2017 , dailycaller.com )
- 20170820 : Firing Bannon Trump fired the pilot of his ship. He is now more-or-less at mercy of neocons and hawkish retired generals because he has no countervailing force in his administration ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170819 : Vassal Aristocracies Increasingly Resist Control by US Aristocracy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170818 : Steve Bannon goes as the military takes over the Trump administration by Alexander Mercouris ( Aug 18, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170818 : Pentagon took over White house: The firing of Bannon leaves the Generals without an opposing view. They will no longer be contradicted ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170818 : How think tanks sell war... ( Aug 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170816 : Neocons Leverage Trump-Hate for More Wars Defend Democracy Press by Robert Parry ( 5 August 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170815 : Attack Venezuela Trump Can't be Serious! ( Aug 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170814 : MoA - Hyping North Korea To Relaunch Reagan's Star Wars ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170813 : Neoconservative Intellectuals and Me ( Aug 13, 2017 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20170811 : RUSSIAN FEDERATION SITREP 20170810 ( Aug 11, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170811 : Zbigniew Brzezinski died in May, as late as April this year he was calling for closer relations between Russian and the US ( Aug 11, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170811 : The US goal in xUSSR region and developing countries is really to make a transition to neoliberal corporate governance and enable exploitation of countries resources for wealthy American conglomerates and other multinationals ( Aug 11, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170811 : Is the United States in Decline by Christopher Layne ( Aug 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170811 : Is the American Empire Worth the Price by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Aug 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170811 : Iraq mission accomlished 27 Years and several trillion dollars later by William Rivers Pitt ( Aug 11, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170811 : Russia warns US not to meddle in its elections by Doug Stanglin ( Aug 11, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170811 : Important opportunity to "peek" into the mindscape of the vast majority of those who remain unrepentant and even blissful supporters of the Exceptional Nation ( Aug 11, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170810 : Former President Hamid Karzai Claims There Is No Difference Between ISIS and America ( Aug 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170810 : If the present provides a hint of what it is to come, the nastiest, ugliest, and bloodiest wars to be fought this century will be between states opposed to continued US dominance, and the force multipliers of US dominance. ( Aug 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170810 : US intervention will provoke and heighten paranoia, stoking repression, and create the illusion of a self-fulfilling prophecy that US interventionists can further manipulate, using logic of this kind: they are serial human rights abusers; we therefore need to intervene in the name of humanity ( Aug 10, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net )
- 20170809* Force Multipliers and 21st Century Imperial Warfare Practice and Propaganda by Maximilian C. Forte ( Nov 08, 2015 , zeroanthropology.net ) [Recommended]
- 20170809 : Donald Trump, Empire, and Globalization A Reassessment ( Aug 09, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net )
- 20170809 : US intervention will provoke and heighten paranoia, stoking repression, and create the illusion of a self-fulfilling prophecy that US interventionists can further manipulate, using logic of this kind: they are serial human rights abusers; we therefore need to intervene in the name of humanity ( Aug 09, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net )
- 20170809 : The current CIA-led regime change operation in Venezuela seems to be following the same script as used in Ukraine and Syria with armed oppostion attacks on state forces, ignored by the western media who focus solely on presenting what appears to be unprovoked attacks against hapless protestors. If the CIA has their way, the next stage should be mysterious snipers shooting both sides. ( Aug 09, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170809 : Liberating Europe from Russian Gas ( Aug 09, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170809 : Fake News A US Media Specialty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170808 : Russia is more susceptible than China to being politically undermined by both overt and covert means ( Aug 08, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170808 : What if Trump did want sanctions ? ( Aug 08, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170807 : Neocons Leverage Trump-Hate for More Wars ( Aug 07, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170806 : New Sanctions Against Russia - A Failure Of U.S. Strategy ( Aug 06, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170804 : Is Trump's Russia Policy Being Hijacked ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170803 : The Magnitsky Hoax ( Aug 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170802 : Collateral Damage U.S. Sanctions Aimed at Russia Strike Western European Allies ( Aug 02, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170802 : Sanctions, smoke and mirrors from a kindergarten on LSD by Saker ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170802 : US committed to path of conflict with Russia, tensions higher than in Cold War by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 02, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170802 : Neocons Have Been Destroying Sovereign Nations for 20 Years Defend Democracy Press ( www.msn.com )
- 20170801 : What will be the ramifications of Putins order to reduce US embassy staff? by Shaun Walker ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170801 : Washington's Addictive Foreign-Policy Drug The American Conservative ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170801 : Groupthink at the CIA by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170731 : Any hopes of mending Russia-US ties rest on curing the worsening political schizophrenia in Washington ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170731 : Make America Safe Put Congress On Permanent Recess (What The Sanction Bill Is Really About) by Mike Shedlock ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170731 : US committed to path of conflict with Russia, tensions higher than in Cold War by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170731 : Washington is spoiling for a fight. They failed with the attempt of color revolution in Russia in 2012. After that setback they organized coup d' tat in Ukraine in 2014. Just watch how they will try to derail Putin during the next elections. All means are good or them. ( Jul 31, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170731 : Cold War 2.0 is officially on ( Jul 31, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170731 : Russia to Strike Hard in Response to US Sanctions ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20170731 : How Romney Loyalists Hijacked Trumps Foreign Policy ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170731 : After pushing disastrous policies and wars, prominent neoconservatives are reinventing themselves as members of the anti-Trump resistance ( Jul 31, 2017 , gravatar.com )
- 20170730 : The USA has no authority to find the financial institutions of other sovereign nations guilty of corruption, and order them to pay huge fines to the United States its highway robbery. But now we get down to the nub of it because of the dollars status as international reserve currency ( Jul 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170730 : Lawmakers Need a Russia Sanctions Strategy with an Exit Plan ( Jul 30, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170730 : The Real Reason for Sanctions Stubborn Russia Wont Surrender Its Sovereignty ( Jul 30, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170730 : The U.S. Sanctions Bill Is a Win for Russia by Angela Stent ( Jul 30, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170730 : Are the Latest Russia Sanctions Really About Forcing US LNG on Europe? ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170730 : Russia sanctions fuel new Cold War ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.usatoday.com )
- 20170730 : Obama chickens come home to roost ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170730* Fascism Is Possible Not in Spite of [neo]Liberal Capitalism, but Because of It by Earchiel Johnson ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.truth-out.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170730 : Derek Harvey - one less neocon ( Jul 30, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170730 : Why Washington's Global Strategy Failed ( Jul 30, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170730 : Alfred McCoy ( Jul 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170730 : If Western Ukrainian nationalists armed squads would have entered Crimea, and it would have been just as bad as Donetsk, etc., with thousands killed. If you research the US/UK techniques used during the 1953 Iranian coup, you'll see that the 2013-14 Ukrainian coup was very close to being an exact duplicate. ( Jul 30, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170729 : Russia puts the USA on notice that it must reduce its Embassy personnel to the same manning levels as serve at the Russian Embassy in Washington ( Jul 29, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170729 : Collateral Damage ( Jul 29, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170729 : The Myth of American Exceptionalism by Melvin Goodman ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170728 : The new sanctions expose that the US political establishment, spearheaded by the intelligence agencies is opposed to any shift away from the anti-Russia policy developed under the Obama administration. ( Jul 28, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170728 : A Ray of Hope by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170728 : The sanctions are as much against Germany as against Russia ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728* Imperial Power Centers Divisions, Indecisions and Civil War by James Petras ( Jul 24, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170728 : Countdown To War On Venezuela ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728 : The Serbs were murdering Toms like flies back in 1999 using the Vietnam-War era vintage SA-7s. Or a good old Shilka and the radar turned on. ( Jul 28, 2017 , mihsislander.org )
- 20170728 : 64 Years Later, CIA Finally Releases Details of Iranian Coup ( Jul 28, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170728 : This isn't a country. It's an American aircraft carrier. ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728 : New victims of Ukrainian civil war. Nuland should be proud of her accomplishments and Obama for sure deserves his Novel Peace price now ( Jul 28, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170727 : The shrieking and wailing business about Russia is a sideshow; the main event, under the big top is China. ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170727 : Russian Officials Warn New US Sanctions Put Them in Uncharted Waters by Jason Ditz ( Jul 27, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170727 : The Trump administration lost the initiative when Trump failed to strike at the security state s Achilles heel: international repudiation of CIA impunity ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170727 : Propaganda Techniques of Empire by James Petras ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : Lawmakers in Russia Call for Retaliation Against New US Sanctions ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170726* Regime Change Comes Home: The CIAs Overt Threats against Trump by James Petras ( Jan 20, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20170726* US Provocation and North Korea Pretext for War with China by James Petras ( Apr 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170726 : Trump Finds Reason for the US to Remain in Afghanistan -- Minerals ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170726 : From Richard Nixon to Donald Trump by James Petras ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : The Economist How the Jews control Congress Eylon A. Levy The Blogs The Times of Israel ( Jul 26, 2017 , blogs.timesofisrael.com )
- 20170725 : Trump Should Veto Congress Foolish New Sanctions Bill - The Unz Review ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170725 : US sanctions have taken a big bite out of Russia's economy by John W. Schoen ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170725* Oligarchs Succeed! Only the People Suffer! by James Petras ( May 31, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170725* The Coup against Trump and His Military – Wall Street Defense by James Petras ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170725 : Color revolution against Trump was planned in Clinton circles with Soros participation by Michael Sainato ( Jul 18, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170725 : John McCain: Homo Americanus ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170723 : Many critics of the USSR seems to fall into assessment of the Soviet Experiment mode in a careless way. It is terribly misleading to discuss theses questions without any reference to the tremendous impact external pressures had on the course of the Soviet Unions development ( Jul 21, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170723 : The emergence of American imperialism as an extension of British imperialism ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170723 : Dismantling McCains Disastrous Legacy Should Now Be Trumps Top Priority ( Jul 23, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170721 : July 21, 2017 at 7:08 am ( Jul 21, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170720 : Fracking Around with the Russians by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170720 : Brennan just can t stop attacking Trump ( Originally from: [Jul 20, 2017] Fracking Around with the Russians by Philip Giraldi )
- 20170720 : Pentagon study declares American empire is 'collapsing' ( Jul 20, 2017 , medium.com )
- 20170720 : Empire of Destruction: Precision Warfare? Don't Make Me Laugh by Tom Engelhard ( Jul 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170719 : F. William Engdahl looks at the claims that the economy of the RF is foundering ( Jul 19, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170719 : On Crapified News And Foreign Policy ( Jul 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170718 : Robbery in broad daylight ( Jul 18, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170718 : The USA revived old tactic of overthrowing the government: using provocateurs ( Jul 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170717 : Russias anti-American fever goes beyond the Soviet eras by Michael Birnbaum ( Mar 08, 2015 , The Washington Post )
- 20170717 : If Loving Putin Is 'Right,' I Want to Be Wrong The American Conservative ( Jul 17, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170717 : Tucker Carlson Goes to War Against the Neocons by Curt Mills ( Jul 14, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170716 : Soros is the stanch defender and promoter of neoliberalism ( Jul 16, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170716 : July 15, 2017 at 2:01 am ( Jul 16, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170716 : William Astore on War as Art and Advertising – Antiwar.com Blog ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170714 : Americas War for Global Domination by Michel Chossudovsky ( Dec 15, 2003 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170714 : Video Shows Iraqi Troops Killing Mosul Detainees – News From Antiwar.com ( Jul 14, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170713* Progressive Democrats Resist and Submit, Retreat and Surrender by James Petras ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170712 : Hilarious Trump Advisors Want Arch Russia Hawk in Putin Meeting ( Jul 12, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170712 : Trump Poland speech ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170712 : Imperialism Is Alive and Kicking A Marxist Analysis of Neoliberal Capitalism by C.J. Polychroniou ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170711 : Blast from the Past: notes on lecture 'How to Deal with Russia: Advice for the Future President' ( Jul 11, 2017 , russiareviewed.wordpress.com )
- 20170711 : Siemens to press charges after turbines moved from Russia to Crimea ( Jul 11, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170711 : Trump Proposes Joint 'Cyber Security Unit' With Russia, Then Quickly Backs Away From It ( Jul 10, 2017 , politics.slashdot.org )
- 20170711 : A Bipartisan Vote to Put the Brakes on War by Peter Certo ( Jul 05, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170711 : There's No Strategy Behind Trump's Wars -- Only Brute Force ( Jul 11, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170711 : Goodbye Pacific Pivot, Hello Pacific Retreat by John Feffer ( Jul 11, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170710 : John Helmer How the Russian Economy Looks If You Arent Wearing NATO Night-Fighting Goggles ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170710 : Trump core opinions and attitudes can reverse 180 degrees in mere hours. Thus worrying about his getting violently demised is probably unfounded. He will consistently perform for his Zionist handlers and dance for his Deep State controllers. ( Jul 10, 2017 , sputniknews.com )
- 20170710 : Reminder: Hiding US Lies About Libyan Invasion ( Jul 10, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170709 : Reality about Obama regime change in Libya is horrifying. Knowledge is the antidote to propaganda and brainwashing which is exactly why it is being increasingly controlled and restricted ( Jul 09, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Putin Tries to Avoid a Wider War With the US by Mike Whitney ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Absolutization of human rights is a part of american exceptionalism ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170707 : Two Impulsive Leaders Fan the Global Flames by Dilip Hiro & Tom Engelhardt ( Jul 07, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170707 : US, Russia Agree on Ceasefire in Southwestern Syria by Jason Ditz ( Jul 07, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170705 : War As Foreign Policy by Lois Danks ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170704 : I Sure Hope That I am Wrong, But by saker ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170704 : US Senate Strikes for Russian Equality – The Oligarchs Targeted in New Sanctions Bill ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170704 : Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau: when brutal neoliberalism tries to re-brand itself through fresh faces ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170703 : What Would Putin Tell Trump by Israel Shamir ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : Trump May Already Be Blundering into the Next Middle East War by Jim Lobe ( Jun 26, 2017 , fpif.org )
- 20170703 : Corporations fall for the lure of power no less than a political class, and are many times better at it! The idea that "the free market" will check their activities, promoted by Libertarians, is surely as naïve as anything any Marxist ever said. ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : War for Blair Mountain ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : boots-on-the-ground report ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.stirjournal.com )
- 20170701 : In Russia we have a combination of neoliberal elements with a very determined strategy to foster import substitution ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170701 : Deception Inside Deception The Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170701 : Trey Gowdy Shocks The Room After Destroying Susan Rice!!! ( Jul 01, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170701 : Ukraine A New Plan by Hall Gardner ( Jul 01, 2017 , americanaffairsjournal.org )
- 20170630 : Russia extends countersanctions on the EU for another year, until December 2018. ( Jun 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170630 : In effect, the sanctions have acted as a tariffs policy Russia might have introduced to enable key domestic industries to develop. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170630 : What Does Not Kill You Will Make You Stronger – The Russian Economy 2014 – 2016, the Years of Sanctions Warfare ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170630 : Trump, MBS, and the Noxious Saudi Relationship ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170630 : With Provocative Moves, U.S. Risks Unraveling Gains With China by STEVEN LEE MYERS and SUI-LEE WEE ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170630 : After Hersh Investigation, Media Connive in Propaganda War on Syria ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170630 : What we see at present in Syria is war between USA and collaborators, as Israel, Germany, France and the Netherlands, against Russia, Assad and Iran, ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170628 : Putin New US sanctions harmful to relations, but Russia will deal ( Jun 18, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170628 : Considering that Russia was gang-raped by Bill Clintons Oligarch friends .a gang rape that caused a demographic collapse of the Russian population .Russias subsequent recovery has been miraculous ( Jun 28, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170628 : The Scourge of Managerialism – Generic Management, the Managers Coup DEtat, Mission-Hostile Management Rolled Up, as Described by Some Men from Down Under ( Jun 28, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170627 : Buffoonery and incompetence of the Trump administration ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170627 : Tillerson and Mattis Cleaning Up Kushner's Middle East Mess ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170627 : In case you did not have time to look for the widely available information on how the US has been supplying certain forces in Syria with various weaponry, including anti aircraft weapons ( Jun 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170627 : How Israel Manages Its Message ( economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170626 : Trump, Qatar and the Danger of Total Confusion by Gary Leupp ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170626 : Unilateral secondary sanctions imposed by the US would, above all, fall on Chinese companies ( Jun 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170626 : US Recklessly Provoking Russia by Stephen Lendman ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170626 : Nick Turse The Commandos of Everywhere - The Unz Review ( Jun 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170626 : The Middle East back in the 1950s under the Baathists was not infected with islamic fundamentalism. It took multi-year and multi-billion Us efforts to propel politicla islam to the level of ISIS ( Jun 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170626 : Why hurting the poor will hurt the economy ( Mar 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170626 : US Govt Proves Loyalty To ISIS As Bill To Stop Arming Terrorists Gets Only 13 Supporters ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170626 : The 2014 coup d'etat in Kiev had been plotted by US in advance ( Jun 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170626 : After the collapse of the USSR neoliberal vultures instantly circled the corpse and have had a feast. Geopolitical goals of the USA played important role in amplifying the scope of plunder of Russia ( Jun 26, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170626 : After 1991 Eastern Europe and FSU were mercilessly looted. That was tremendous one time transfer of capital (and scientists and engineers) to Western Europe and the USA. Which helped to secure Clinton prosperity period ( Jun 25, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170625 : The 6-year-long US intervention in Syria failed to achieve its goals, while causing death of thousand of civilians ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170625 : Putin is probably lied that Donbass is internal Ukranian problem ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170625 : Al Jazeera supported a Muslim Brotherhood color revolution in Egypt. Thats a fact ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170625 : How Clintons Bankers Plundered Russia by Paul Likoudis ( May 04, 2000 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170625 : The Latest Escalation in Syria – What Is Really Going On - The Unz Review ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170625 : If Russia Wants the Syria Mess, Let Them Have It by Ted Galen Carpente ( Jun 25, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170625 : How America Armed Terrorists in Syria ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170625 : You know there is a saying falsely attributed to Churchill: "Those who choose shame between war and shame they end up by getting both". Russia chose shame in 2014, but will inevitable get war. Or hasn't it already? The "hybrid war", you know. ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170625 : The US doesnt really want to settle the Syrian war. Without permanent Jihad, how could Washington ever justify a permanent War on Terror? Ditto Ukraine: they need a constant crisis there to isolate the Europe from Russia. They did not appreciate Putins attempts at improving relations with Europe–Germany, ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170625 : UKRAINE meddled in US 2016 election. In conspiracy to blackmail Trump, Ukraine provided DNC with false accusations against Manafort, hoping to derail Trump and install Deep State figurehead Hillary Clinton ( Jun 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624* The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Jun 10, 2017 , unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624* The Criminal Laws of Counterinsurgency by Todd E. Pierce ( Jun 24, 2017 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624 : US invaded Syria conducting military operations in sovereign land and airspace of Syria without the permission of the Syrian government. Unlike Russia, from which Syria officially requested military assistance. ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624 : Obama Ordered Cyberweapons Implanted Into Russias Infrastructure by Jason Ditz ( Jun 23, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170624 : For neocons peace is a four-letter word by Uri Avnery ( Jun 24, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170624 : Ukraine had ceased to exist as an independent country in 2014, with arrival of Nuland (ziocon) and Brennan (the CIA) ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624 : Kissing the Specious Present Goodbye - The Unz Review ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170622 : Neocons influence on US foreign policy ( Jun 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170621 : If I see an article from Wapo or NYT or any of the other "msm", I don't read it. I stopped watching ANY tv, and exclusively read those who didn't lie about Iraq 2003 ( Jun 21, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170620 : Deregulation in action ( www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170620 : The presstitutes are obviously not that good. They went nuclear on Trumps candidacy, and he got elected anyway. ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170620 : Rex Tillerson Admits US Working Towards Regime Change In Iran by Adrienne Mahsa Varkiani ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.mintpressnews.com )
- 20170620 : Israels Dirty Little Secret ( Jun 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170620 : Those barbaric Russkies don't have Free Speech Pens for protestors like we have here in the Civilized West ( Jun 20, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170618 : Economist's View Links for 06-17-17 ( Jun 18, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170618 : As a Chosen People with what Niebuhr refers to as a Messianic consciousness, Americans came to see them selves as set apart, their motives irreproachable, their actions not to be judged by standards applied to others. ( Jun 18, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170617 : We will probably never find out what truly was discussed between Trump, the Saudis and the Israelis, but there is little doubt that the recent Saudi move against Qatar is the direct results of these negotiations by The Saker ( Jun 11, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : Are Europeans finally standing up to American economic imperialism and extra-territorial laws? ( Jun 17, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170617 : General Lee Speaks Had it Figured Out - The Unz Review ( Jun 09, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : If Obama administration had accomplished something worthwhile, Trump would not be in power. ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170617 : Pentagon Trained Syrias Al Qaeda Rebels in the Use of Chemical Weapons ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : Global Order Is An Euphemism for Washingtons Hegemony ( Jun 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170617 : The Global Order Myth by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jun 17, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170617 : Stones Putin Interviews offend a US establishment drunk on its own exceptionalism ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170616 : Putin's not a miracle worker, but the record seems to establish he has been a solid and very competent leader ( Jun 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170615 : "It Will Come To Blood" - The Unz Review ( Jun 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170615 : Liars Lying About Nearly Everything by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170615 : The Consent of the Governed ( www.businessinsider.com )
- 20170615 : Dr Udo Ulfkotte, the former German newspaper editor whose bestselling book exposed how the CIA controls German media, has been found dead. He was 56. ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170614 : America Last instead of Amerca first by Tom Engelhardt ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170614 : Secret societies, Emperor's New Clothes, obvious lies, crimes ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.washingtonsblog.com )
- 20170614 : Are We Nearing Civil War by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Jun 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170614 : US Budgetary Costs of Wars through 2016: $4.79 Trillion and Counting ( Jun 14, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170614 : To say that Trump is idiot in foreign policy without saying that Obama was the same dangerous idiot, who pursued the same neocon policies is hypocritical, because they are manipulated by the same people in dark suits and are just marionettes, or, at best, minor players. Other people decide for them what is good for America ( Jun 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170613 : Bait and switch artist as Barack Obama authentic self ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170613 : How the CIA Plants News Stories in the Media ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : Education Failure is the New Success ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : As early as 2011, the U.S. was arming Syrian dissidents from the arsenals in Libya, flying in weapons to Turkey to hand over to the rebels. ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : Looks like the Saudis have pretty much bought us off with their ridiculously large arms purchases and other ways of sending their billions our way ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : The shining city on a hill sustains royalty, secures Wahhabi aims, wars to end unjust peace , ousts Qaddafi with no regard for how much turmoil millions endure and drops 27000 bombs on 7 Muslim countries during 2016 a year of peace overseen by a peace prize winner! ( Jun 13, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170613 : The Deadly Fraud of American Exceptionalism by William Rivers Pitt ( Jun 13, 2017 , billmoyers.com )
- 20170612 : Trump Just Dropped Chemical Weapons in a Major City, 100,000 Civilians Trapped ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170612 : Russiagate is the way to pressure Trump into abandoning his foreign policy goals and continue Obama neocon foreign policy ( economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170612 : Agent76 ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170612 : You can't fix the media because its very raison d'etre is to subvert, mislead and corrupt, to put the viewer and the nation inside a mental labyrinth. ( Jun 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170611 : What Trump Can Do for Defense The American Conservative ( Jun 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170611 : The establishment refuses to see the limits of American power, and it also refuses to compel our military to focus on war against non-state opponents ( Jun 10, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170610 : Comey and Mueller Russiagates Mythical Heroes ( Jun 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170609 : Can Qatar Negotiate a Diplomatic Resolution with Its Neighbors ( Jun 09, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170609 : Saudi Arabias Coalition Could Accidentally Unleash Iran ( Jun 09, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170608 : Washington's Empire Is Not Unraveling - The Unz Review ( Jun 08, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170604 : Europe May Finally Rethink NATO Costs by Ray McGovern ( May 27, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170604 : Obama was truly evil ( Jun 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170604 : Washinton to Duterte: Come back to mama now silly boy, I am the only one who can save your sorry ass ( Jun 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170604 : ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI is dead but he lives on in three ways. He didnt invent jihadism or takfirism but he gave it a key lift by supporting the mujahidin in Afghanistan in order to entice the USSR to intervene: the disastrous policy of encouraging jihadism in one place arrogantly thinking you could stop it spreading to another. ( Jun 04, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170604 : An Expanding Bloodbath in Iraq by Robert Parry ( Jun 04, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170604 : America's neocons, who wield great power inside the U.S. government and media, endanger the planet by concocting strategies inside their heads that ignore real-world consequences ( Jun 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170604 : Russiagate is rehash of classic Cold War propaganda, a set of a lies that has been the basis for so many wars launched to stop this alleged expansionism in the past ( Jun 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170604 : Neocons The Anti-Realists by Robert Parry ( Jun 04, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170604 : American imperialism and the crisis of the post-war geopolitical order ( failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170603 : According to NYT on Obama $400K speech, Obamas already have $12 million plus receiving $80 million for their biography/books. ( Jun 03, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170602 : I think that the Soviet Threat, the basis for the Cold War, was a hoax. It was created by the military/security complex, about which President Eisenhower warned us to no effect by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170531 : THE PRESIDENTS INFERIORITY COMPLEX , HIS ADVISORS RUSSIA-HATING OBSESSION, AND THE PUTSCH PLOTTER WITH THE ITCHY TRIGGER FING by John Helmer, ( May 31, 2017 , johnhelmer.net )
- 20170531 : Americas Iran Hysteria by Danny Sjursen ( May 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170531 : Terror In Britain What Did The Prime Minister Know by John Pilger ( May 31, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170531 : So why do the American people accept US criminal hegemony, domestic and foreign brutal tyranny neo-colonialist blood-letting with scant protest? by Vanessa Beeley ( May 31, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170530 : John Helmer Zbigniew Brzezinski, the Svengali of Jimmy Carters Presidency, Is Dead, But the Evil Lives On naked capitalism ( May 30, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170530 : The lunatics about fake news about Trump and Russia ( May 30, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170530 : When Intelligence Is Not by Patrick Armstrong ( May 29, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170529 : What is Pompeo doing at CIA? And why isnt Sessions cleaning out the ratss nest at the DOJ and FBI? ( May 29, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170529 : Former CIA Officer NYT May Have Compromised Terror Investigation to Hurt Trump ( May 29, 2017 , insider.foxnews.com )
- 20170529 : How the Kushner Story Hurts U.S. Intelligence The American Conservative ( May 29, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170529 : Bongino Kushner 'Leak' the Latest in 'Evidence-Free' Probe to Destroy Trump ( May 29, 2017 , insider.foxnews.com )
- 20170529 : Rep Green After Reviewing Evidence I Felt Compelled to Call For Trump s Impeachment ( May 29, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170529 : Wheel and Fight -- Pat Buchanans Nixon Book Provides Road Map For Trump by Peter Brimelow ( May 29, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170528 : JFK had back-channels to both the Soviet Union and Cuba. Why? He didn't trust the CIA Then he was shot. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170528 : Al-Qaedas Godfather Is Dead - Good Riddance ( May 27, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170528 : The Logical (and Coming) End to the US Empire by Robert Abele ( Jul 29, 2013 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170525 : Yes, Virginia (Dare) There is a Cultural Marxism–and Its Taking Over Conservatism Inc by Paul Gottfried ( May 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170524 : Rank Incompetence by William S. Lind ( Feb 01, 2013 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170524 : Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble for Trump by Eric Margolis ( May 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170523 : Former CIA Chief Tells of Concern Over Possible Russia Ties to Trump Campaign ( May 23, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170523 : Trump Is the Symptom, Not the Disease by Chris Hedges ( May 16, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170523 : Why Trumps First Trip Is Focusing on Faith ( May 23, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170523 : The recent news as for Rich Seth murder might take Trump probe in a somewhat different direction and put additional pressure of neoliberal, Pelosi-Clinton part of the party leadership ( May 23, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170523 : Why America Can't Do What It Wants to Stop Assad The National Interest Blog ( May 23, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170522 : Economists View Links for 05-20-17 ( May 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170522 : Manafort, Stone Give Russia Docs To Senate Intel Committee ( May 22, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170522 : Newt Gingrich repeats Seth Rich conspiracy theory in Fox appearance by Lois Beckett ( May 22, 2017 , - www.theguardian.com )
- 20170521* What Obsessing About Trump Causes Us To Miss by Andrew Bacevich ( May 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170521* Speech of Lavrov at the Military Academy of the General Staff ( Apr 02, 2017 , thesaker.is ) [Recommended]
- 20170521 : Do High-Level Leaks Suggest a Conspiracy by Philip Giraldi ( May 18, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170520 : Still Chasing the Wrong Rainbows by Andrew Bacevich ( May 20, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170519 : The Special Counsel Comes to Town Its the Moscow Trials, Revisted by Justin Raimondo ( May 19, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170519 : Trump is just a one acute symptom of the underling crisis of the neoliberal social system, that we experience. So his removal will not solve the crisis. ( May 19, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170519 : Trump and the Russia leak A bogus news story spins out of control by Jay Sekulow ( May 19, 2017 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20170519 : Removing Trump Wont Solve Americas Crisis by Robert W. Merry, ( May 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170517 : Why Did the FBI Leak the Comey Memo naked capitalism ( May 17, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170516 : The Real Meaning of Sensitive Intelligence by Philip Giraldi ( May 16, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170514 : US intervenes in Russian politics but Moscow shrugs it off Asia Times by M.K. Bhadrakumar ( Mar 28, 2017 , www.atimes.com )
- 20170514 : The Russia Hacking Fiasco No Evidence Required by Mike Whitney ( May 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170513 : What Is Americas Goal in the World by Patrick Buchanan ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170512 : What Is Americas Goal in the World by Patrick Buchanan ( May 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170510 : it looked like Trump was about to start wars everywhere but can this be a distraction for the establishment politicians and media? ( May 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170510 : Memory Loss in the Garden of Violence by John W. Dower ( May 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170508 : NYT Mag: Silicon Valley Has Been Transformed into Center of Anti-Trump Resistance ( May 08, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170505 : Yeah, cause nothing says resistance like Hillary working with billionaire Wall Street donors to agitate against a sitting president. ( May 05, 2017 , twitter.com )
- 20170505 : A note on Obama oratorial skills ( May 05, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170505 : In defence of the size of Obama bribe ( Apr 28, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170504 : 200PM Water A note on Obama oratorial skills ( May 04, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170501 : Noam Chomsky Abby Martin Electing The President of an Empire ( YouTube )
- 20170501 : Hidden History: The Wall Street Coup Attempt of 1933 ( jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com )
- 20170430 : Personal message from Xi Jinping to Vladimir Putin our friendship is unbreakable The Vineyard of the Saker ( Apr 30, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170430 : Wall Street was calling the shots in the Obama administration before the Obama administration even existed. ( Apr 30, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170430 : Corrupt opportunism. of Obama ( Apr 30, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170428 : The US is at last facing the neocon captivity ( May 19, 2015 , mondoweiss.net t )
- 20170428 : A shocking display of sheer avarice of Obama family ( Apr 28, 2017 , profile.theguardian.com )
- 20170428 : Former President Obama Has a New Job Control the Official Narrative of American Exceptionalism - Truthdig ( Apr 28, 2017 , www.truthdig.com )
- 20170428 : Gaius Publius Obama Harvests His Presidency naked capitalism ( Apr 28, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170427 : Obama corruption ( Apr 27, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170424 : Trump and the Thucydides Trap The American Conservative ( Apr 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170421 : The Reason Behind The Sales-Surge For Nuclear-Proof Bunkers Zero Hedge ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170421 : Since Obama appointed Derugulating Larry , Tax-evading Timmy and Too-big-to-jail Eric , maybe those appointments were not that good ( Apr 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170420 : Libya - More War And Reconciliation by Richard Galustian ( Apr 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170420 : Oliver Stone Rages Against The Deep States Wonderful Job Of Throwing America Into Chaos ( Apr 20, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170419 : Former acting CIA Director Michael Morell: Russian meddling in US election is the political equivalent of 9/11 ( Dec 12, 2016 , www.businessinsider.com )
- 20170419 : Ex-CIA Director's kill Russians in Syria comment reveals neocon influence ( Aug 13, 2016 , www.rt.com )
- 20170419 : A Lawless Plan to Target Syrias Allies by Ray McGovern ( Aug 20, 2016 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170419 : Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170417 : US Attack on Syria Cements Kremlins Embrace of Assad ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170417 : Judeo-Centrism Myths and Mania by James Petras ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170415 : Man made political and economic institutions underlie economic success or lack of it ( Apr 15, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170415 : Populist regimes in Latin America are either out or under siege ( Apr 15, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170415 : Why Is Trump Fighting ISIS in Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170412 : Russia became strong because of the sanctions. It made Russia concentrate on internal production ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : With Bannon and Kushner not getting along, well, it's a slam dunk that Bannon's out. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170412 : If Assad is removed, Iran is the next and then Russia ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : A multi-level analysis of the US cruise missile attack on Syria and its consequences The Vineyard of the Saker ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : Look at what the Bolivian representative at the UNSC dared to do: ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170412 : Reports of African migrants being bought and sold in Lybia mark a new low in the Lybia West-induced crisis ( Apr 12, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170412 : the danger Turkey poses to Russia in Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170411 : After Trumps Syria Attack, What Comes Next ( Apr 10, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170411 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Why Does Assad Have To Go -- With Lew Rockwell ( Apr 11, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170410 : ANN COULTER POLICE STATE Is Now In The Control Of President Trump ( Apr 10, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170409 : Agent Orange failed to understand that he was elected mostly due to Hillary jingoism, not on his own merits ( Apr 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170409 : http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/09/economist-explains-22 ( Apr 09, 2017 , www.economist.com )
- 20170408 : Turning the tables: Duma committee to probe US media for meddling in Russian elections ( Apr 08, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170406 : Susan Rice just called counter intelligence the politically motivated surveillance of republicans ( Apr 06, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170406 : Scott Uehlinger Susan Rice Unmasking 'Abuse of Power' Violates 'Spirit of the Law,' Should Be 'Further Investigated' ( Apr 06, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170404 : Obama administration spying included press, allies, Americans ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20170404 : Susan Rice Responds To Trump Unmasking Allegations: I Leaked Nothing To Nobody ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170404 : Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say Fox News ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20170404 : Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel by Eli Lake ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20170404 : The pursuit of Trump may have caught the Obama White House ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170404 : Susan Rice asked for unmasking for national security, source says ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.cbsnews.com )
- 20170404 : Report Susan Rice Ordered 'Spreadsheets' of Trump Campaign Calls ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170404 : Rand Paul Susan Rice 'Ought to Be Under Subpoena,' Asked If Obama Knew About Eavesdropping ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170404 : Drones, special operations, CIA arms supplies, military advisers, aerial bombings - the whole nine yards. ( Apr 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170404 : Senate's Russia Hearings Will Lead Nowhere ( Apr 04, 2017 , therealnews.com )
- 20170403 : Matt Drudge Warns Trump Surrounded by Traitors, In Crisis Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind! ( Apr 03, 2017 , www.infowars.com )
- 20170403 : Globalists who express the interests of transnational corporations and world financial organisations vs populists who express the interests of the people in their countries ( Apr 03, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170403 : Recent experience shows that, in terms of the damage they cause, aggressive actions in the media at times have consequences similar to the use of weapons of mass destruction ( Apr 03, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170403 : The United States started using the so called managed chaos technology long ago ( thesaker.is )
- 20170402 : If True, Does Not Get Much Bigger Trump Tweets About Very Well Known Intel Official Behind Trump Unmasking ( Apr 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170402 : How Obama White House Weaponized Media Against Trump ( Apr 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170402 : The myth about this great oilman Obama ( Apr 02, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170402 : Obama's Passport Breach Unanswered Questions, and an Unsolved Murder ( Apr 02, 2017 , www.americanthinker.com )
- 20170402 : Barack Obamas theory of politics is and always has been garbage ( Apr 02, 2017 , theweek.com )
- 20170401 : What Devin Nunes Knows ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170401 : Sean Spicer Repeats Trump s Unproven Wiretapping Allegation ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170401 : Money that Poured in from Russia Economic Principals ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.economicprincipals.com )
- 20170401 : There some signes the quite coup happened under Obama and the remnants of democracy were lost ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170401 : US neocons have a hard time coming to terms with a multi-lateral world. Still detente offered to Russia is likely to be conditioned on pulling Russia out of Chinas orbit and accepting Us terms in Syria ( Apr 01, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170331 : The Coup Against Trump and Why Russia Must Be Destroyed by Henry Romero ( Jan 16, 2017 , sputniknews.com )
- 20170328 : Russia Is Pissed Threatens To Spill Obama Admin Secrets If US Intel Does not Stop Leaking ( Mar 28, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170326 : They are an American Taliban: I have never read such a vitriolic comments section. Lots of Americans a seething mad. ( Mar 26, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170325 : Whistleblower Dennis Montgomery Is Living On Borrowed Time – Waiting With Data That Proves Trump Transition Team Was Monitored. ( Mar 25, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170325 : Theyre Like The Praetorian Guard - Whistleblower Confirms NSA Targeted Congress, The Supreme Court, Trump Zero Hedge ( Mar 25, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170323 : NSA To Provide Smoking Gun Proof Obama Spied On Trump ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170323 : Nunes Confirms There Was Incidental Surveillance Of Trump During Obama Administration, Seems To Be Inappropriate ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170323 : Houston, we have a problem ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170322 : BOMBSHELL CIA Whistleblower Leaked Proof Trump Under Systematic Illegal Surveillance Over Two Years Ago FBI Sat On It ( Mar 22, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170322 : 6 years after catastrophic regime change in Libya, read the UK Parliament report on how NATOs war was based on lies ( Mar 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170320 : Donald Trump Isnt Even Pretending to Oppose Goldman Sachs Anymore ( Mar 15, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170319 : Larry Johnson, a former CIA analyst and blogger, acknowledges he was one of the sources for Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano s claim - later repeated by the White ( Mar 19, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170317 : Did former President Barack Obama use a British spy agency and if yes, in what capacity ( Mar 17, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170317 : Trump Responds To Obama Wiretap Question At Least Merkel And I Have Something In Common Zero Hedge ( Mar 17, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170317 : The deep state will move to overthrow trump there is a secret agenda to allow a crisis and get rid of the president ( Mar 17, 2017 , www.shtfplan.com )
- 20170314 : All Roads Lead Back to Brennan (wiretapping of Trump) ( Mar 14, 2017 , freerepublic.com )
- 20170314 : Trump tweeted earlier this month that President Barack Obama had ordered him to be wiretapped ( Mar 14, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170314 : The House intelligence committee says it could resort to subpoenaing the Justice Department if it fails to answer its request for any evidence that President Donald Trump was wiretapped during the election. ( www.apnews.com )
- 20170314 : Mass Surveillance Cases Could Shed Light on Alleged Trump Wiretap ( Mar 05, 2017 , www.newsmax.com )
- 20170314 : House panel to probe Trump wiretap claims by Karoun Demirjian ( Mar 08, 2017 , www.pressherald.com )
- 20170314 : NSA Wiretapping Flynn and Trump White House ( Mar 14, 2017 , www.newsmax.com )
- 20170314 : John Brennan, Obama and the Central Intelligence Agency ( Jan 06, 2017 , www.pipelinenews.org )
- 20170314 : Angler 2.0 Brennan Wields His Puppet Strings Differently by emptywheel ( May 29, 2012 , www.emptywheel.net )
- 20170313 : Boris and Natasha version of hacking might well be a false flag operation. How about developing Russian-looking hacking tools in CIA? To plant fingerprints and get the warrant for monitoring Trump communications ( Mar 13, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170311 : Needed Now a Peace Movement Against the Clinton Wars to Come by Andrew Levine ( Mar 11, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170311 : Whos Telling the Big Lie on Ukraine? ( Mar 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170310 : Obama Spying Whistleblower Doubles Down On Trump Tower Wiretap Claim ( Mar 10, 2017 , radaronline.com )
- 20170310 : Did Obama spy on Trump by Glenn Harlan Reynolds ( Mar 10, 2017 , www.thecalifornian.com )
- 20170309 : Wiretarring scandal is a sign of empire in decay ( Mar 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170309 : The Surge Delusion: An Iraq War Anniversary to Forget ( Mar 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170307 : Unfounded accuzation Russians are coming has been okay for the past 9 month, now that the president is uncovering the deep states assault on the Bill of Rights conspiracy theories are an issue! ( Mar 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170307 : The threat from Russia is nothing compared to the attack on the Bill of Rights by the Obama Stalinists! ( Mar 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170307 : Robert Barnes Ludicrous to Claim Obama Never Spied on Americans When He Drone-Bombed American Citizens Around the World ( Mar 07, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170307 : Obama s wiretap America by Andrew Leonard ( Mar 07, 2017 , www.salon.com )
- 20170307 : Binney, thecreator of NSA s global surveillance system tells Fox News, that President Trump is absolutely right to claim he was wiretapped and monitored ... he was ( Mar 07, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170307 : The Deep State Targets Trump by Patrick J. Buchanan ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170306 : Is Obama the First U.S. President Ever to Try to Topple His Successor ( Mar 06, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170306 : Victim of Obama Administration Surveillance Order, James Rosen, Discusses His Experiences, says Trump Wiretape Plausible ( Mar 06, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170306 : Newsmax CEO I Spoke To Trump About The Wiretap Story: I Havent Seen Him This Pissed Off In A Long Time ( Mar 06, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170306 : The shadow of JFK assassination: is the US Intelligence community trying to depose Trump ? ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170305 : Trump assuses Obama of illegal wiretapping ( Mar 05, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170305 : Senator Sasse Issues Statement On Trumps Very Serious Wiretapping Allegations ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170305 : Obama says Trump claim he ordered Trump Tower wiretapped is false Fox News ( Mar 05, 2017 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20170305 : Obama Advisor Rhodes Is Wrong: The President Can Order A Wiretap, And Why Trump May Have The Last Laugh ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170305 : Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trumps Wiretapping Claim by MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MICHAEL D. SHEAR ( Mar 05, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170304 : What Is To Be Done by Paul Craig Roberts, ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170304 : Obama Slams False Trump Accusation, Says Never Ordered Wiretapping ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170304 : There is extremely powerful and influential fifth column of globalization within the country which intends to block Trump efforts to reverse neoliberal globalization ( Mar 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170304 : What Is To Be Done by Paul Craig Roberts, ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170304 : Update on Trumps Pro-Russiaism ( Mar 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170303 : Goose-stepping Our Way Toward Pink Revolution - The Unz Review ( Mar 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170303 : The Brothers John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and Their Secret World War by Stephen Kinzer ( Amazon.com )
- 20170303 : America Right or Wrong An Anatomy of American Nationalism ( Oct 30, 2016 , www.amazon.com )
- 20170303 : America primary strategic threat is not North Korea, or radical Islam, or Russia, but its own revolutionary, messianic, expansionist ideology. ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170227 : Rogue Bureaucrats at Homeland Security Leak Report Critical of Trump ( Feb 27, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170226 : a textbook illustration how color revolution methods are used to discredit the government. To attack Trump Russia is skillfully painted as Big Satan contact with whom is sin ( Feb 26, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170226 : JFK Was Right: The CIA Should Have Been Splintered Into A Thousand Pieces And Scattered To The Winds ( Feb 26, 2017 , downwithtyranny.blogspot.com )
- 20170225 : The Conflictual Relationship Between Donald Trump And The US Deep State - Part 1 Zero Hedge ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170225 : Stephen Kinzer: The Brothers - Rise of Exceptionalism and Aspirations of Empire ( jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com )
- 20170225 : The American Disease: I Deserve To Get Away With Anything Everything ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170225 : Iraq Is It Oil naked capitalism ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170225 : the Church of America the Redeemer ( Feb 25, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170225 : Attempt to cover the nature of American neoliberal imperialism ? ( Feb 25, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170225 : Angst in the Church of America the Redeemer ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170225 : 'American Exceptionalism' and Our Warped Foreign Policy 'Idealists' The American Conservative ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170224 : Andrew Bacevich Washington in Wonderland, Down the Iraq Rabbit Hole(Again) ( Jun 20, 2015 , naked capitalism )
- 20170223 : The American Century Has Plunged the World Into Crisis. What Happens Now? ( Jun 22, 2015 , fpif.org )
- 20170222 : Its Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away ( Jul 31, 2015 , marknesop )
- 20170221 : Stockman Warns Trump Flynns Gone But They are Still Gunning For You, Donald by David Stockman ( Feb 21, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170221 : Lawrence Wilkerson Travails of Empire - Oil, Debt, Gold and the Imperial Dollar ( Aug 15, 2015 , Jesse's Café Américain )
- 20170221 : Attempt to cover the nature of American neoliberal imperialism ? ( Feb 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170220 : Soft coup underway in United States. Obama should be held accountable - Jay Sekulow ( Feb 20, 2017 , theduran.com )
- 20170220 : Most presidents have less power over the economy than one might assume from presidential campaigns and voter expectations. ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170220 : Russia contacts insinuations by neocons as a ruse ( Feb 17, 2017 , www.merriam-webster.com )
- 20170220 : After Jeffrey Sachs, Larry Summers, the Harvard boys and your neoliberal friends put the former Soviet Union through shock therapy in the early 1990s, Russias GDP shrank by 50 percent ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170220 : Globalism is just a mirage to lead the weak minded into subservience to corporatism. ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170219 : Learn the signs of color revolutions ( Feb 19, 2017 , www.sott.net )
- 20170219 : All standard color revolution tricks used to depose governments like Yanukovych in Ukraine are now played against Trump. Media dominance and hostility is one essential part. Coordinated series of leaks is a standard scenario ( Feb 19, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170219 : Video: The Revolution Business: Does the USA Sponsor "Color Revolutions" and "Regime Change"? ( Feb 19, 2017 , theinternationalreporter.org )
- 20170219 : Forget Gene Sharp, John Carlarne Is The New Color Revolution Chief ( Feb 19, 2017 , off-guardian.org )
- 20170219 : I would have to say that we have been a major leader in military colonialism, going back to the Spanish-American War. ( Feb 19, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170219 : COLOR REVOLUTIONS: TECHNIQUES IN BREAKING DOWN MODERN POLITICAL REGIMES ( www.orbus.be )
- 20170219 : Covert Action The Limits of Intervention in the Postwar World by Gregory F. Treverton ( October 3, 2005 , www.amazon.com )
- 20170219 : David Brooks I Fear the Trump Administration Is Anarchy - Breitbart ( Feb 19, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20170218 : The company of blackmail against Trump continues unabated ( Feb 18, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170215 : Its Over Folks The Neocons The Deep State Have Neutered The Trump Presidency ( Feb 14, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170214 : Deep state is way too strong and Trump rebellion , if such existed, can be squashed with the help of big guns of NYT, Wapo and Bloomberg charged with good old compromat ( Feb 14, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170212 : An Alleged Muslim Spy Ring - Is This Why Rex Tillerson Cleaned House ( Feb 12, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170212 : Instead of the endless perception management or strategic communication or psychological operations or whatever the new code words are, you could open up the files regarding key turning-point moments and share the facts with the citizens ( Feb 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170212 : Russia Will Not Sell Snowden To Trump; Heres Why Zero Hedge ( Feb 12, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170204 : A color revolution is under way in the United States ( Feb 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170201 : Neoliberal Hypocrite of the Month for February 2017: Former Clinton-era Secretary of State Madeleine Albright ( Feb 01, 2017 , blackagendareport.com )
- 20170201 : The Neocon Lament Nobody wants them in Trump's Washington ( Feb 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170129 : How Obama Framed Trump with Faux Mortgage Insurance Rate Decrease ( Jan 29, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170129 : How Obama Framed Trump with Faux Mortgage Insurance Rate Decrease ( Jan 29, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170129 : The Neocons Grand Plan and Obamas Blundering Foreign Policy: An Actor Playing the Role of a President ? ( Jan 29, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170128 : The US government has been making a mess of the world for decades with its overt and covert wars of aggression ( Jan 28, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170128 : Obama Bequeaths A More Dangerous World ( Jan 28, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170127 : The Syrian People Desperately Want Peace ( Jan 27, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170127 : Just Back From Syria, Rep. Gabbard Brings Message There Are No Moderate Rebels ( Jan 27, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170127 : How Neoconservatives Conquered Washington – and Launched a War by Michael Lind ( Jan 27, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170123 : Karl Roves Prophecy ( Jan 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170122 : CIA to be a single organization. It is more like a loose association, conglomerate of several feuding groups each with its own agenda and political goals, which drive the US foreign policy ( Jan 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170122 : Trumps inaugural speech – promises, hopes and opportunities by the Saker ( Jan 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170122 : The policy of imperialism threatens to change the temper of our people, and to put us into a permanent attitude of arrogance, testiness, and defiance towards other nations ( Jan 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170122 : Weepy Globalist To Be Replaced By Rumbustious Working Class Hero At Noon Friday by John Derbyshire ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170121 : For the first time in the lives of just about all of you we are all less likely to see the most powerful nation on earth overthrow another government in the Middle East. ( Jan 21, 2017 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20170121 : The Trump Speech That No One Heard by Mike Whitney ( Jan 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170121 : Obama's foreign policy was expansive, secretive, and wedded to the status quo. ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.jacobinmag.com )
- 20170121 : US China Policy: Is Obama Schizoid? ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170121 : Departing Obama Tearfully Shoos Away Loyal Drone Following Him Out Of White House ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.theonion.com )
- 20170121 : Obama's Biggest Lies ( Jan 21, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170119 : Obamas Parting Shots - RPI 16th Jan Update ( Jan 17, 2017 , Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity )
- 20170118 : M of A - It Cant Happen Here - Color Revolution By Force ( Jan 15, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170118 : Barack Obamas Real Legacy ( Jan 18, 2017 , viableopposition.blogspot.ca )
- 20170117 : Obama was rising to power with remarkable backing from Wall Street and K Street election investors ( Jan 17, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170117 : Obama Commutes Remaining Prison Sentence Of Chelsea Manning ( Jan 17, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170116 : Mainstream Medias Russian Bogeymen by Gareth Porter ( Jan 16, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170116 : The President Who Wasn't There Barack Obama's Legacy of Impotence ( Jan 16, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20170114 : Neocon chickenhawks as closet Napoleons with huge sense of inferiority by DUNCAN KELLY ( Jan 14, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170114 : Shes Back ( Jan 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170113 : Reducing the cost of healthcare ( Jan 13, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170112 : Lessons From the Demise of the TPP naked capitalism ( Jan 12, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170112 : I know a lot of people who dislike Trump, and none of them seem to believe the buzzfeed story ( Jan 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170112 : And now bottom feeders from BBC join the chorus ( Jan 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170112 : Democrats cant win until they recognize how bad Obamas financial policies were ( Jan 12, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170111 : Please do not let the door hit you on the ways out, ( Jan 11, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170109 : Let the Clintons and Kagans define what is just peace and when we release the organized murder on small countries. ( Jan 09, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170109 : Machiavelli on Modern Leadership Why Machiavelli's Iron Rules Are As Timely And Important Today As Five Centuries Ago Michael ( Jan 09, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20170108 : Interests of some dwarf European states might be sacrificed to pull Russia from alliance with China. Nothing personal, just business ( Jan 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170108 : US funded lesser al Qaeda in Syria at least since 5 years. ( Jan 08, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170107 : War conflict is not a chess game like many neocon chicenhawks assume. ( Jan 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170107 : How A United Iran, Russia, China Are Changing The World Zero Hedge ( Jan 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170107 : Heres How Many Bombs Obama Dropped In 2016 ( Jan 07, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170107 : Obama already proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is change we can believe in bait and switch Maestro ( Jan 07, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170105 : The Democratic Party nomenklatura is embarked on a massive media campaign to divert and reframe the election issues away from the economic and inequality concerns expressed by the Sanders campaign. ( Jan 05, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170104 : Nixon's Vietnam Treachery ( Jan 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170104 : America First" and Global Conflict Next ( Jan 04, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170103 : The only thing more dangerous to a society than total defeat is total victory ( Jan 03, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170103 : Building Totalitarianism in Europe – The Last Coup of Victoria Nuland by Dimitris Konstantakopoulos ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170102 : How A United Iran, Russia, China Are Changing The World Zero Hedge ( Jan 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170102 : Angela Merkel To Skip Davos Amid Blowback Against Global Elite Zero Hedge ( Jan 02, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170102 : Angela Merkel, Russia's Next Target by Jochen Bittner ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20170101* The myth of pro-Israeli groups defining the US foreign policy ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170101 : Now that 0bama is about to exit as US Pres, perhaps it is time to revisit the Who Is Worse: Bush43 v 0bama question. ( Jan 01, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161231 : I simply dont believe the Democrats would really be worse off with voters if they committed themselves to putting people back to work, policing Wall Street, throwing their weight behind a real public option in health care, making hedge fund managers pay the same tax rates as ordinary people, ending the pointless wars abroad, etc. ( Dec 31, 2016 , www.robustanalysis.net )
- 20161231 : What Happened to Obamas Passion ( Aug 06, 2011 , nytimes.com )
- 20161231 : Like Iraq WMD Fiasco, Russia Story Does Not Add Up ( Dec 30, 2016 , mishtalk.com )
- 20161231 : The last hissy fit of neocon Obama is probably connected with the loss of Alepo and being sidelined in Syria ( Dec 31, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20161230 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161228 : Americans Want Foreign-Policy Restraint ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161228 : How NOT to hack an election Russian Hack EXPOSED as Hoax Zero Hedge ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161227 : Collapse of the USSR was the biggest color revolution model success of our times ( Dec 24, 2016 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20161226 : Is Trump's Foreign Policy the New Mainstream ( Dec 26, 2016 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20161225 : Is Obama A Russian Agent ( Dec 25, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161225 : Obama Quietly Signs The Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act Into Law ( Dec 25, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161221 : M of A - How The Military Excluded The White House From International Syria Negotiations ( Dec 21, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161221 : Russia: The Old-New Official Enemy ( Dec 21, 2016 , www.fff.org )
- 20161220 : Its official the US is funding Middle-East jihadists! ( Dec 20, 2016 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20161220 : ClubOrlov The Power of Nyet ( July 26. 2016 , cluborlov.blogspot.com )
- 20161220 : ClubOrlov Brain Parasite Gonna Eatcha! ( Dec 16, 2016 , cluborlov.blogspot.com )
- 20161218 : Tancredo Would Republican Establishment Use Impeachment to Block Trump Agenda ( Dec 18, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161218 : Nickolas Kristof again demonstrates the level of neocons panic and his MIC lobbyist credentials ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20161218 : America is a banana republic! FBI chief agrees with CIA on Russias alleged election help for Trump ( www.sott.net )
- 20161218 : Tancredo Would Republican Establishment Use Impeachment to Block Trump Agenda ( Dec 18, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161218 : Nickolas Kristof again demonstrates the level of neocons panic and his MIC lobbyist credentials ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20161218 : America is a banana republic! FBI chief agrees with CIA on Russias alleged election help for Trump ( www.sott.net )
- 20161218 : Neocon Panic and Agony ( Dec 18, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161217 : You think Putin personally supervised the Yahoo hacking? This could make many people patriotic in a hurry. ( Dec 17, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161215 : The US along with many of its allies had a hand in all of the examples of irredeemable evil Powers named ( Dec 15, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20161212 : Something about jungoism of some US politicians ( Dec 12, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161210 : Shiny object distruction from the real issues ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161207 : The Pentagon's "2015 Strategy" for Ruling the World Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization ( Dec 07, 2016 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20161206 : Cheney, the Neocons and China by GARY LEUPP ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20161205 : Backlash Against Trade Deals: The End of US Led Economic Globalisation? ( Sep 22, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161205 : The Real Story of How America Became an Economic Superpower ( www.theatlantic.com )
- 20161205 : Stiglitz Blasts Outrageous TPP as Obama Campaigns for Corporate-Friendly Deal Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the ( Aug 25, 2016 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20161205 : Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Tulsi Gabbard - Fighting for the people. ( Aug 01, 2016 , www.votetulsi.com )
- 20161205 : No TPP - a certainty in case Donald Trump is elected in November - means the end of US economic hegemony over Asia. ( Sep 01, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161205 : In the face of public opposition to the TPP and TISA proponents have trotted out a new argument: we have come too far , our national credibility would be damaged if we stop now. ( Aug 27, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161205 : Framing Votes for TPP as the Surrender of National Sovereignty (i.e., Treason) naked capitalism ( Aug 29, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161205 : US Faces Major Setback As Europeans Revolt Against TTIP ( Zero Hedge )
- 20161204 : Chilcot: Intelligence reports confirm Iraq war created ISIS ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.rt.com )
- 20161204 : Trump: Obama and Hillary Created ISIS ( www.infowars.com )
- 20161204 : Much-disputed Iranian nuclear bomb ( Sep 22, 2005 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20161204 : Obama has normalized the idea that Us presidents get to have secret large-scale killing programs at their disposal ( Dec 02, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161126 : Disrespecting the American Imperial Presidency - American Herald Tribune ( Nov 26, 2016 , ahtribune.com )
- 20161126 : Obama changes his mind on Russia ( Nov 26, 2016 , off-guardian.org )
- 20161126 : Humanitarian aid of a tool of neocolonialism ( Nov 26, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20161125 : Anti Russian warriors created valuable set of sites that fight neocon/neoliberal propaganda ( www.propornot.com )
- 20161125 : Recommended links that fight neocon/neoliberal propaganda ( Nov 25, 2016 , www.propornot.com )
- 20161124 : Americas Spiral Into Permanent War Seems More Foolish Than Ever by Conn Hallinan , ( Nov 18, 2016 , fpif.org )
- 20161124 : Trumps National Security Adviser Facilitated the Murder of Civilians in Afghanistan ( Nov 24, 2016 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20161123 : Guillotine Watch, Nov 23, 2016 ( Nov 23, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161123 : War hungry Samantha Power out as UN Ambassador. Trump appoints Nikki Haley to top spot at United Nations ( Nov 23, 2016 , theduran.com )
- 20161123 : Disrespecting the American Imperial Presidency by Matt Peppe ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20161123 : Expect the Unexpected ( Nov 23, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161121 : Chuck Baldwin -- Trump Supporters Must Not Go To Sleep ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.newswithviews.com )
- 20161121 : Obama helped to create ISIS by turning a bling eye on US intelligence reports ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161121 : Chuck Baldwin -- Trump Supporters Must Not Go To Sleep ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.newswithviews.com )
- 20161121 : According to Russian novelist Eduard Limonov, Surkovs stage management of power struggles has `turned Russia into a wonderful postmodernist theatre, where he experiments with old and new political models ( Nov 21, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161121 : Obama crosses the line in hypocrisy when he start talking about the values of democracy, and free speech, and international norms, and rule of law, respecting the ability of other countries to determine their own destiny and preserve their sovereignty and territorial integrity. What about Libya, Syria and Yemen we would like ask this hypocrite ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161121 : The Deciders The American Conservative by John Hay ( Oct 27, 2015 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161120 : Most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161120 : Trumps Appointment of Pompeo as CIA Chief is Major Fail ( Nov 20, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161120 : Most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161119 : Trump and the Neoconservatives by Jon Basil Utley ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161119 : The American Conservative Movement Has Ended. The American Right Goes On by Peter Brimelow ( Nov 19, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161119 : Steve Bannon Interviewed Its About Americans Not Getting disposed ( Nov 19, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161119 : Trump and the Neoconservatives by Jon Basil Utley ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161119 : M of A - Open Thread (NOT U.S. Election) 2016-39 ( Nov 19, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161118 : I gather our President lectured our President Elect on the necessity to stand up to Russia. ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161118 : Former US Intelligence Chief Admits Obama Took "Willful Decision" to Support ISIS Rise ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161118 : Course Correction ( Nov 18, 2016 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20161118 : I gather our President lectured our President Elect on the necessity to stand up to Russia. ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161118 : A very conservative butcher bill of US neocons that does not include the wounded, the homeless, the refugees, or the cost of the wars to you, who continue to believe that before Trump the world was a nice and comfortable place -- for you Dear Americans ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161118 : Obama, EU leaders agree to keep anti-Russian sanctions over Ukraine ( www.rt.com )
- 20161116 : President Obama Deserves an Oscar by Robert Weissberg ( Nov 16, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161116 : The Rotation of Imperial Power by Manlio Dinucci ( www.voltairenet.org )
- 20161116 : Rand Paul: Will Donald Trump betray voters by hiring John Bolton? ( Nov 16, 2016 , rare.us )
- 20161115 : The Trump Doctrine The American Conservative ( Nov 15, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161114 : Note on the signs of decline of the US neoliberal empire ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20161112 : The Podesta emails - After Hillary, John Podesta had been seriously warned about the Syrian chaos ( Nov 12, 2016 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20161112 : Trump elected as President – risks and opportunities ( Nov 12, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161112 : Neocon bottomfeeders now are having the second thoughts ( www.cnn.com )
- 20161112 : The Clintons And Soros Launch Americas Purple Revolution ( Nov 12, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161111 : Of [US neoliberal] Empire and the Dark Ages ( Nov 11, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161108 : Obama and Clinton Are Complicit in Creating ISIS ( Jun 16, 2016 , breitbart.com )
- 20161108 : American And Saudi Weapons Recoverd From ISIS Positions In Mosul ( Nov 08, 2016 , www.mintpressnews.com )
- 20161108 : Last Stand for ISIS by Eric Margolis ( www.unz.com )
- 20161106 : Putin Tells Everyone Exactly Who Created ISIS - YouTube ( Nov 06, 2016 , www.youtube.com )
- 20161103 : MSM beat drums to reward Clintons hawkishness insinuating that Trump foreign policy is uncertain ( Nov 03, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161103 : Obama channels inner Pinocchio: "I trust her," Obama said. "I know her. And I wouldn't be supporting her if I didn't have absolute confidence in her integrity." ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161102 : Veterans, Feeling Abandoned, Stand by Donald Trump by NICHOLAS CONFESSORE ( Nov 02, 2016 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20161031 : Rummy was running around after towers were hit saying how can we tie this to Iraq . ( Oct 31, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161030 : After the attacks Americas new cold war ( Sep 28, 2001 , guardian.co.uk )
- 20161030 : Anatol Lieven reviews 'The New American Militarism' by Andrew Bacevich ( Oct 20, 2005 , LRB )
- 20161030 : Anatol Lieven · The Push for War The Threat from America ( softpanorama.org, Oct 30, 2016 )
- 20161030 : Anatol Lieven · A Trap of Their Own Making The consequences of the new imperialism · LRB 8 May 2003 ( softpanorama.org, Oct 30, 2016 )
- 20161028 : If 15 years of endless wars, trillions of dollars of wasted money, hundreds of thousands of casualties on all sides and metastasizing terrorist threat with no end in sight doesn't give [Oct 28, 2016 ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161028 : Russias Putin says Obama administration does not stick to any deals Reuters ( Oct 28, 2016 , www.reuters.com )
- 20161028 : Team Clinton Headspace Emails Published by WikiLeaks Are About Her Mood ( Oct 28, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161028 : An ordnance team recovered the serial number off the missile which led back to a cache of Stingers being kept in Qatar by the CIA Obama and Hillary were now in full panic mode and Stevens was sent in to retrieve the rest of the Stingers. This was a do-or-die mission, which explains the stand down orders given to multiple commando teams. ( Oct 28, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161027 : Dennis Kucinichs Extraordinary Warning On Washingtons Think Tank Warmongers ( Oct 27, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161026 : It is striking to me how even on the left the discussion of U.S. militarism and imperialism has been marginalized ( Oct 26, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161026 : There are some countervailing forces in action and the Triumphal march of neoliberalism with the USA as the hegemon of the new neoliberal order is either over, or soon will be over ( Oct 26, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161025 : Grand Strategy What is America's Most Pressing Foreign Policy Issue ( Oct 24, 2016 , The National Interest Blog )
- 20161023 : Trump wins. Problem: he will be completely alone. The Neocons have total, repeat total, control of the Congress, the media, banking and finance, and the courts. ( Oct 23, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161022 : The No Fly Zone was the strategy used to destroy Gaddafi. It's HRC's telegraph for invasion. ( Oct 22, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161021 : The capitalist crisis and the radicalization of the working class in 2012 - World Socialist Web Site by David North ( Jan 30, 2012 , www.wsws.org )
- 20161021 : Syria War 2016 - GoPro POV Footage Of Turkish Backed Turkmen Fighters In Heavy Clashes With The Syrian Army In Latakia ( Oct 21, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161021 : A Desperate Obama Administration Resorts To Lying And Maybe More by Moon of Alabama ( Oct 08, 2016 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20161020 : Quotes from the Wikileaks stash of Hillary Clinton speeches and emails from her campaign chair John Podesta. ( Oct 12, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161020 : US Allies are Funding ISIS (and Hillary Knew All Along) ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20161020 : Guest-post-essential-rules-tyranny ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161020 : I thought we were pretty sure that the US had attacked Yemen, were just not sure that Yemen had attacked the US ship. ( Oct 20, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161018 : Obama -- neoliberal and neocon shill ( Oct 18, 2016 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20161017 : All the same media outlets and elites that were screaming for the invasion of Iraq are now howling for evil Syrian blood and the removal of another monster before he destroys all the peace and stability we bring to the region ( Oct 17, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161016 : The pattern of current events is the pattern of a global hegemon approaching imperial collapse. ( Oct 16, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161014 : leaving Libya a failed state and a terrorist haven ( Oct 14, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161013 : Statement of September 11th Advocates Regarding Saudia Arabia Support of ISIS ( Oct 13, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161012 : The perfect Trojan Horse Obama was the betrayer in both domestic and foreign policy. ( Oct 12, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161011 : The US Surrendered Its Right To Accuse Russia Of War Crimes A Long Time Ago ( Oct 11, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161010 : Power makes Dick Cheney look like Mahatma Ghandi ( Oct 10, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161010 : Key Neocon Calls on US to Oust Putin – ( Oct 10, 2016 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20161010 : Don't listen to Obama. Just watch what he does and you'll know. ( Oct 10, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161009 : Only barrel bombs can commit atrocities – Western, "liberal" modern advanced expensive high tech weapons have special self righteous code imprinted in them that prevents the slaughter of the TRULY innocent… ( Oct 09, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161009 : Once lauded as a peacemaker, Obamas tenure fraught with war ( Oct 09, 2016 , apnews.com )
- 20161009 : Grant F. Smith of IRMEP (Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy) sues to stop aid to Israel, on the basis of the Symington Amendment: ( Oct 09, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161008 : The United States as Destroyer of Nations by Daniel Kovalik ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20161007 : The media are misleading the public on Syria by Stephen Kinzer ( Feb 18, 2016 , The Boston Globe )
- 20161007 : Alliance with Al-Queda to remove Assad is now official Washington groupthink that is even more dangerous than the one that led to the Iraq War by Robert Parry ( Oct 05, 2016 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20161005 : The VP Debate and Syria The American Conservative ( Oct 05, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161005 : They took one Saddam, but got us many more ( Jul 08, 2016 , www.rt.com )
- 20161004 : Should the busts of Hillary, Bush, Blair, and Cheney form a museum of savage stupidity and war crimes ? ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161004 : Self-determination and national independence were powerful ideas, and many Western politicians, at least in certain countries, recognized that the "winds of change," in Macmillan's ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161004 : Adam Tooze in "1916" traces US hegemony back to that year, when the US elite realised that, first, the UK and France owed them so much that they could not afford an allied defeat ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161004 : Whatever the merits of their individual stances, there is no reason to suppose that either Obama or Hillary can exert more than loose control over this mess. ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161004 : Obama restraint in foreign policy is as fake as change we can beleave in ( Oct 04, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20161002 : Paul Craig Roberts Urges Bring Back The Cold War Zero Hedge ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20161002 : 'Leaked Kerry comments prove US involvement in Syrian crisis from onset' ( www.rt.com )
- 20161001 : Obama in his speech at shimon peres funeral put him in the same category as mandela. it should be remembered that peres was the father of israels nuke program and was selling nukes to south africa when mandela was in jail ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161001 : Mike Pence slams Hillary Clinton as the architect of Barack Obamas foreign policy ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20161001 : The Wholesale Failure of American Foreign Policy ( Oct 01, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160930 : no title ( Sep 30, 2016 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20160926 : Angela Merkel Will Stop Illegal Migration ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20160926 : Berlin Election Outcome Signals Merkels Tenuous Grip on Chancellorship ( Sep 24, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160926 : It has been particularly infuriating to see the Chanel-suited Berkeley types be the ones to embrace imperial fascist war-making with such glee. ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160926 : Hug it out: Michelle Obama embraces George W Bush ( Sep 26, 2016 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20160924 : Obama, Our Peace President Turns Out to Be Rather War-Happy ( Sep 23, 2016 , www.alternet.org/TomDispatch )
- 20160918 : We Have to Deal With Putin ( Sep 16, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160918 : Obama the narcissist hates Putin because Putin doesnt play the sycophantic lapdog yapping about how good it is to interact with the smartest person in the room ( Sep 16, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160918 : What is "Globalization" and "Free Trade" really? ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160918 : Some animals are more equal than others. ( Sep 18, 2016 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160917 : How the Obsession With American Leadership Warps Foreign Policy Analysis The American Conservative ( Sep 17, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160915 : On Views Of The War On Syria by Debs is Dead> ( Sep 15, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160914* The story of Chile s popular, and democratic rejection of government by oligarchs is today s must-read, and provides unsettling similarities to current events ( Sep 14, 2016 , September 12, 2016 at 8:58 am ) [Recommended]
- 20160914 : The Myth of American Retreat by William Ruger ( Sep 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160914 : Obama's Futile Efforts at 'Reassuring' Bad Clients ( Sep 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160913 : Bill Black The Clintons Have Not Changed ( Mar 04, 2016 , naked capitalism )
- 20160912 : Syria decision the latest blow to Obamas Middle East legacy ( Oct 30, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20160910 : Apparently the Russian government has decided to drop Kudrin type monetarist economics ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160910 : Globalization, Rise of Neo-Nationalism and the Bankruptcy of the Left ( Jul 07, 2016 , www.liveleak.com )
- 20160910 : As Resistance Mounts, TPP Becoming 2016 Elections Third Rail ( Aug 29, 2016 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20160910 : Be afraid, Donald Trump. Were about to see the best of Barack Obama ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160910 : Is Hillary a Sociopath ( Apr 01, 2008 , dailykos.com )
- 20160910 : Donald Trump and the Danger of the Imperial Presidency ( May 24, 2016 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20160910 : Blood Feud The Clintons vs. the Obamas ( Amazon.com )
- 20160910 : Obama has proven to be a weak chief executive who is unable to work well with congressional leaders. Obama is not well respected in the Democratic Party ( amazon.com )
- 20160909 : Americas True Role in Syria ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160909 : Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Enabled the Coup in Honduras ( Feb 23, 2016 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20160909 : Benghazi Just a Symptom; Interventionism Is the Disease ( Jun 30, 2016 , Reason.com )
- 20160909 : Missing Clinton E-Mail Claims Saudis Financed Benghazi Attacks ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160909 : Clintons Libyan War and the Delusions of Interventionists ( The American Conservative )
- 20160909 : Libyas Chaos Theory Undercuts Hillary ( Jun 04, 2016 , Consortiumnews )
- 20160909 : Hillary Clintons Libya ( Nov 19, 2015 , www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160909 : Hillarys Huge Libya Disaster ( Jun 15, 2016 , The National Interest )
- 20160909 : Michael Greenberger: Setting the Stage For the Next Wall Street Crisis ( Feb 10, 2015 , Jesse's Café Américain )
- 20160909 : Hillary Clinton, Smart Power and a Dictators Fall ( The New York Times )
- 20160905 : Gli Usa e la guerra fredda il prezzo della vittoria - rivista italiana di geopolitica ( Dec 12, 2011 , temi.repubblica.it )
- 20160904 : Clintons American Legion Speech ( Aug 31, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160903 : The USA neoliberal elite considers Russia to be an obstacle in the creation of the USA led global neoliberal empire. So Carthago delenda est is the official policy. With heavy brainwashing from MSM to justify such a course as well as the demonization of Putin ( angrybearblog.com )
- 20160903 : Russia's False Hopes ( 09, 2015 , Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160901 : Hillary, liberator of Libya, preaches to the American Legion choir in Ohio ( Sep 01, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160829 : Polling data being quantized and plugged into sophisticated computer models allowing Clinton to tailor her message for each region and for each venue ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160829 : The Trumpster Sends The GOP-Neocon Establishment To The Dumpster ( davidstockmanscontracorner.com )
- 20160829 : Whats a Neoconservative ( www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160827 : Obama is back to his old game: Assad should go ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160827 : the US has lost its ability to be the indispensable nation ( Aug 27, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160827 : While Obama fiddles ... - ( Feb 28, 2016 , The Washington Post )
- 20160827 : Creation of ISIS can be traced to Notorious Abu Ghraib Prison ( Aug 27, 2016 , theintercept.com )
- 20160826 : Clinton emails - Proof that the West had lost control of the situation in Libya already since 2011 ( Aug 23, 2016 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20160826 : How Think Tanks Generate Endless War by Todd E. Pierce ( Aug 21, 2016 , Defend Democracy Press )
- 20160825 : Neoliberal Obama pushes for TPP/TTIP/TISA ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160824 : Scaring voters with Putin is the cornerstone of Hillary electron campaign ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160824 : Bill Kristol Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew ( Breitbart )
- 20160821 : The NSA Leak Is Real, Snowden Documents Confirm by Sam Biddle ( Aug 19, 2016 , theintercept.com )
- 20160820 : No, Ambassador McFaul Putin Didnt Order Me to Fall in Love with Donald Trump ( sputniknews.com )
- 20160820 : Hillarys Neoconservatives ( Aug 19, 2016 , The American Conservative )
- 20160819 : 6 Problems With Medias Reaction To Trumps ISIS Comments ( Aug 12, 2016 , thefederalist.com )
- 20160819 : The supress the disclosure of the DNC emails required a preposterous story of Russian hacking, followed by a gotcha accusing Trump of asking Putin to become a latter day Watergate burglar. ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160819 : Russian hackers story is propagated to create a distraction form DNC emails revelations and an excuse for pundits to engage in groundless speculation and fake ourage ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160819 : Whatever you tell yourself about the sacrifices US soldiers are making in your peacemaking wars in the ME, the overwhelming majority of those killed and wounded in modern US led military actions are not Americans ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160819 : Historical amnesia also includes forgetting Barack Obama was the boss when Clinton was secretary and forgetting Barack Obama is still president pursuing insane war-mongering policies long after Clinton is gone ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160818 : Clinton is actively seeking Henry Kissingers endorsement. ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160818 : After I donated $9600 to Obama's campaigns, I got seven White House Christmas cards, genuinely autopenned by President and Mrs. Obama. These are of course very nice, but what I was hoping to buy was an end to things like rendition, torture, and death by killer robots from the sky ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160818 : Whether Trump or Clinton, the next president is very likely to be impeached and convicted ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160818 : Trump is no crazier than the current Democratic president ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160816 : Diary of an Ex-Neocon ( The American Conservative )
- 20160815 : US War Crimes or Normalized Deviance by Nicolas J S Davies ( consortiumnews.com )
- 20160814 : Morell's claim that Russian President Vladimir Putin is somehow controlling Donald Trump is a claim of a career sycophant pandering to neocon lobby by Ray McGovern ( Aug 13, 2016 , Antiwar.com )
- 20160814 : Isn't it about time for the President to do something to earn that Peace Prize? ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20160814 : An Urgent History Lesson in Diplomacy with Russia ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20160814 : The US/European/Saudi/Israeli policy in the ME and Central Asia can be summed up by one word: Destabilization ( www.yahoo.com )
- 20160812 : Tactic of Accusing Critics of Kremlin Allegiance Has Long, Ugly History in the USA ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160811 : Breedlove Network Sought Weapons Deliveries for Ukraine ( SPIEGEL ONLINE (SPON) )
- 20160810 : Neocon Nightmare The Truth Behind the Attacks on Chuck Hagel by Arianna Huffington ( Mar 17, 2013 , www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160810 : Lying Neocon War Propagandist of the Week ( www.lewrockwell.com )
- 20160809 : They knew nothing about the coup in Turkey! - Defend Democracy Press ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160809 : Fantastic progress of democracy New York Times barely notice the new war in Libya! by Adam H. Johnson ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20160808 : Russia scholar Stephen Cohen shuts down CNN shill host who tries to link Trump to Putin ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160808 : The communists of China are seeking a long-term partnership with Russia – a nominally capitalist country? Of course, Russia is seeking the same with China ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160807 : Commentary The worlds best cyber army doesn't belong to Russia ( Aug 4, 2016 , Reuters )
- 20160806 : Vladimir Putin Issued a Chilling Warning to the United States ( Aug 04, 2016 , theantimedia.org )
- 20160806 : Empire's Chain Reaction ( The American Conservative )
- 20160806 : Saudi Arabia funds and exports Islamic extremism The truth behind the toxic U.S. relationship with the theocratic monarchy ( www.salon.com )
- 20160805 : Neocons and Liberal Interventionists -- Like Hillary -- Are Converging on Foreign Policy ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160805 : Meet Neocon "Doughnut Dolly" Victoria Nuland by Wayne MADSEN ( 18.12.2013 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20160805 : Nuland is a Democrat? Boy they let anybody in ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160805 : Obama's Failed Foreign Policy Change The American Conservative by Philip Giraldi ( www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160805 : Clinton's Hawk-in-Waiting The American Conservative by Philip Giraldi ( May 19, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160804 : Anti-Russian Hysteria, Rigged Primaries Americas Longest War Gets Longer ( www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20160803 : Hillary Clinton took $100,000 of cash from a company she ran (and worked for in the 80s and 90s) that also funded ISIS in Syria. ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160803 : Israel to US Give Us More! by Justin Raimondo ( original.antiwar.com )
- 20160803 : Neocon-like Groupthink Dominates Both Conventions ( The Unz Review )
- 20160801 : Donald Trump and Russia: a web that grows more tangled all the time ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160801 : Strengthening Russo-Turkish Alliance Stokes US-Russian Cold War naked capitalism ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160731 : Clearly, from Hickenloopers speech before Clinton, the military brass cant wait for her becoaming POTUS! ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160731 : Trump Ad Hillary Clinton Crooked Warmonger ( YouTube )
- 20160731 : Democrats Are Now the Aggressive War Party ( Jun 08, 2016 , Consortiumnews )
- 20160731 : Clinton has now made Democrats the anti-Russia party ( Jul 28, 2016 , The Washington Post )
- 20160731 : Obama and the Kitchen Table ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160731 : Obama is neoliberal and behaved like a typical neoliberal during 2008 crisis ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160731 : (((Scott))) on Twitter Has anyone thought to ask THIS about Obama's citizenship ( twitter.com )
- 20160730 : Russian factor in US elections ( Jul 28, 2016 , katehon.com )
- 20160730 : Is Russia our enemy? ( Jul 28, 2016 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20160730 : Two liberal IT luminaries today pick up the (totally unproven) assertion that Russia hacked and published via wikileaks the DNC shennigens of preferring Clinton ( turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20160730 : If Russian Intelligence Did Hack the DNC, the NSA Would Know, Snowden Says ( theintercept.com )
- 20160726 : Huge See, I Told You So Hillary Admits We Backed ISIS in Syria ( Aug 11, 2014 , The Rush Limbaugh Show )
- 20160725 : Hillary Clinton Admits U.S. Created Al Qaeda, ISIS ( chuckbaldwinlive.com )
- 20160725 : The New American Century was announced at the UN in November, 1991 by George Herbert Walker Bush ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160724 : Hillary Clinton Didnt Create ISIS, But America Can Still Blame Itself ( blackbag.gawker.com )
- 20160720 : This despicable king of bait and switch Obama wants to join venture capital ( The Guardian )
- 20160719 : What Republican Foreign Policy Reform Requires by Daniel Larison ( July 19, 2016 , The American Conservative )
- 20160719 : The Hawks Are Still in Charge ( The American Conservative )
- 20160710 : Anti-militarism by John Quiggin ( crookedtimber.org )
- 20160703 : Obama Will Need His Oratory Powers to Sell Globalization by MARK LANDLER ( www.nytimes.com )
- 20160628 : Obama family role in Indonesian genocide ( Jun 25, 2016 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160619 : Syria - Russian Surprise Attack Blows Up Kerrys Delaying Tactic ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160618 : 51 US Diplomats Urge Strikes Against Assad in Syria ( The New York Times )
- 20160618 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials Dissent Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160617 : Know-Nothing Diplomats Prepare For Hillarys War On Syria ( Moon of Alabama )
- 20160610 : In 2009 it was immediately obvious Obama was a complete and total fraud and he has governed center right because he has a neocon much like Bush 11 and Clinton were ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160610 : This despicable, corrupt Clinton-style neocon Obama ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160530 : Red Hot Jingoism, With a Side of Apple Pie ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20160526 : Out of the Cold War? by Caroline Dorminey ( May 23, 2016 , theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160506 : The claim that the United States had to act to prevent Libyan tyrant Muammar al-Qaddafi from slaughtering tens of thousands of innocent civilians in Benghazi does not stand up to even casual scrutiny ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160423 : My support for Obama evaporated as it became apparent that, rather than fighting for civil rights, he was doubling down on Bush/Cheneys totalitarian approach to all issues of security ( www.quora.com )
- 20160410 : Why David Cameron Went Neocon by Freddy Gray ( February 22, 2016 , )
- 20160313 : Theres no such thing as imperialism-lite, Obama. Libya has shown that once again ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160313 : http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/12/five-foreign-policy-questions-us-election-candidates ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160313 : There's no such thing as imperialism-lite, Obama. Libya has shown that once again ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160312 : President Obama's Interview With Jeffrey Goldberg on Syria and Foreign Policy ( The Atlantic )
- 20160311 : WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Angola, Grenada, Cuban Bay of Pigs, Libya, Syria, Yemen, that is what the Democrats have done ( discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20160310 : The Brazilian Earthquake The Empire Of Chaos ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160310 : Dear Ms. Merkel, Be Careful What You Wish For Zero Hedge ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160310 : Do you remember five men being arrested by NYPD on 9-11 for filming and celebrating the attacks ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160309 : Article Obama. Putin and the U.S. Election ( Mar 07, 2016 , OpEdNews )
- 20160307 : The Danger Of Media Blackout Zero Hedge ( www.zerohedge.com )
- 20160307 : Do We Need To Rebuild The Military by Ron Paul ( March 6, 2016 , The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity )
- 20160307 : Vijay Prashad The Foreign Policy of the 1% ( therealnews.com )
- 20160307 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Murder Is Washington's Foreign Policy ( ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20160303 : Obamas Justice Department Just Gave Bryan Pagliano Immunity and Bernie Sanders the Presidency ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160303 : Former US Marine President Obama should be tried for treason ( RT - SophieCo )
- 20160301 : Could Hillary Clinton Be a Sociopath? ( Mar 01, 2016 , TheBlaze.com )
- 20160229 : Hillary Clintons Faux Feminism ( www.truth-out.org )
- 20160229 : THE EMPIRE WILL STRIKE BACK ( www.theburningplatform.com )
- 20160217 : Bigger Than Watergate - Hillary Clinton And The Syrian Bloodbath ( www.huffingtonpost.com )
- 20160217 : The US is the dominant force in international banking. It is this position from which sanctions are derived. ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160213 : The Obama Administration Recklessly Escalates Confrontation With Russia ( The Nation )
- 20160213 : Democratic debate: the five biggest moments ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160212 : Theres A Special Place at The Hague for Madeleine Albright ( russia-insider.com )
- 20160210 : Theres a special place in hell for women who have the blood of children on their hands. ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160205 : Oil as a strategic weapon of the US empire ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160203 : Lies of the Neocons From Leo Strauss to Scooter Libby ( OpEdNews )
- 20160203 : The Gloating of the Neocons ( October 31, 2014 , counterpunch.org )
- 20160203 : Neoconservatives as neoliberals with a gun ( peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20160129 : US government finds top secret information in Clinton emails ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160125 : Congress is Writing the President a Blank Check for War by Ron Pau ( January 24, 2016 , The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity )
- 20160118 : US will eventually bomb Iran as it bombed others - foreign policy expert by William Blum ( Apr 17 , 2015 , RT - SophieCo )
- 20160112 : M of A - The Saudi War On Everything Iran May Bounce Back As New Houthi Missile ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160110 : Engineered Migration as a Coercive Instrument: The 1994 Cuban Balseros Crisis ( Engineered Migration as a Coercive Instrument: The 1994 Cuban Balseros Crisis , Jan 10, 2016 )
- 20160109 : Sheikh Nimr: Martyr of World War III ( journal-neo.org )
- 20160109 : Lets not forget that the Syrian refugee migration is a manufactured crisis ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160109 : There are indications that some in Saudi Arabia are on a mission to drag the entire region to conflict ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20160109 : The Bizarre Need to Take Sides and Our Foreign Policy Debates ( The American Conservative )
- 20160108 : Contrary To Media Claims U.S. Always Sides With Its Saudi Clients ( Jan 05, 2016 , M of A )
- 20160107 : Obama as yet another neocon president ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20160106 : Pray For Us Libya Issues Cry For Help As ISIS Advances On Oil Fields ( Zero Hedge )
- 20160103 : AMERICAN EMPIRE by Andrew J. BACEVICH ( www.amazon.com )
- 20151224 : Obamas foreign policy goals get a boost from plunging oil prices ( The Washington Post )
- 20151219 : The Exception ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151212 : Guyenot Who are the Neocons ( Peak Prosperity )
- 20151209 : Narcissistic, mentally-handicapped imbeciIes who just escaped from an asylum after receiving a lobotomy ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20151204 : The Neoconservative Movement is Trotskyism ( January 22, 2013 , Veterans Today )
- 20151203 : On That Video Where Some Egyptians Allegedly Say Obama Is Insane And On Drugs And Should Be Removed From Office ( EconoSpeak )
- 20151201 : US Intervention Before And After ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151128 : Remaking the Middle East: How the US Grew Tired and Less Relevant ( November 14, 2015 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20151123 : Tell me how Trump doesn't win the Republican nomination ( Nov 23, 2015 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20151123 : The Crisis of World Order ( Nov. 20, 2015 , WSJ )
- 20151121 : US Congresswoman Introduces Bill To Stop Illegal War On Assad; Says CIA Ops Must Stop ( Nov 21, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151120 : Hillarys Heavy Obligations to Wall Street Money and The Banks Favorite Candidates ( jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com )
- 20151114 : Iraqi warmonger Ahmad Chalabi dies ( Nov 03, 2015 , Al Arabiya News )
- 20151114 : Why The Neocons Hate The Donald ( Nov 14, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151108 : Legendary US Army Commander Says Russia Would Annihilate US In Head-To-Head Battle ( Zero Hedge )
- 20151107 : Russia and China Victory-by-default ( Nov 07, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151105 : History That Makes Us Stupid ( The Chronicle of Higher Education )
- 20151102 : Dilemmas of Domination The Unmaking of the American Empire ( American Empire Project )
- 20151030 : The Deciders by John Hay ( October 27, 2015 , The American Conservative )
- 20151029 : President Carter Rips Cheney Over Iraq: 'His Batting Average Is Abysmally Low' ( forums.allaboutjazz.com )
- 20151022 : Russia ready to use military intervention to defend Iran and Syria from Israeli, US and Nato attacks ( February 23, 2012 , YouTube )
- 20151022 : The Secret History of U.S.-Iranian Relations ( ftmdaily.com )
- 20151012 : The Tragic Ending To Obamas Bay Of Pigs: CIA Hands Over Syria To Russia ( The Tragic Ending To Obama's Bay Of Pigs: CIA Hands Over Syria To Russia, Oct 12, 2015 )
- 20151012 : Paul Craig Roberts: A Decisive Shift In The Power Balance Has Occurred ( Paul Craig Roberts: A Decisive Shift In The Power Balance Has Occurred, Oct 12, 2015 )
- 20151012 : Doctors Without Borders: we received no advance warning of US airstrike ( Doctors Without Borders: we received no advance warning of US airstrike , )
- 20151007 : Putin Has Just Put An End to the Wolfowitz Doctrine ( Oct 07, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151007 : Putin Has Just Put An End to the Wolfowitz Doctrine ( Oct 07, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151007 : Chris Hayes and Paul Wolfowitz, Amazing Interview ( YouTube )
- 20151005 : Lawrence Wilkerson The American Empire Is In Deep, Deep Trouble ( Oct 05, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20151004 : My comprehensive plan for US policy on the Middle East ( Crooked Timber )
- 20151003 : The Tragedy of American Diplomacy by William Appleman Williams ( The Tragedy of American Diplomacy, Oct 03, 2015 )
- 20150908 : Days of Revolt The Making of Global Capitalism ( Days of Revolt The Making of Global Capitalism, Sep 08, 2015 )
- 20150808 : France to pay Russia under $1.31 billion over warships ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150808 : Russia found good way to get even with Netherlands ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150629 : Russian sanctions blockback ( www.unz.com )
- 20150628 : Fuck the US Imperialism -- Top German Politician Blasts Nuland Carter ( Jun 28, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20150622 : The Boomerang Effect: Sanctions on Russia Hit German Economy Hard ( nationalinterest.org )
- 20150510 : Obama s Petulant WWII Snub of Russia by Ray McGovern ( May 09, 2015 , antiwar.com )
- 20150510 : The New York Times does its government s bidding Here s what you re not being told about US troops in Ukraine ( May 09, 2015 , NYTimes.com )
Intelligence community is a new Praetorian guard which since JFK murder can decide the fate
"... Peter Strzok, the disgraced and disgraceful Federal Bureau of Investigation official, is the very definition of a slimy swamp creature. Strzok twitched, grimaced and ranted his way to infamy during a joint hearing of the House Oversight and Judiciary Committees, on July 12. ..."
"... Strzok is the youthful face of the venerated "Intelligence Community," itself part of the sprawling political machine that makes up the D.C. comitatus ..."
"... Smug, self-satisfied, cheating creature that he is, Strzok can't take responsibility for his own misconduct, and blames Russia for dividing America. In the largely progressive bureau, moreover, Agent Strzok is neither underling nor outlier, for that matter. ..."
"... A "blind bootlicking faith in spooks" is certainly unwarranted and may even be foolish. What of odious individuals like former FBI Director Andrew McCabe, and his predecessor, James Comey, now openly campaigning for the Democrats? Are these leaders outliers in the "Intelligence Community"? ..."
"... Similarly, it's hard to think of a more partisan operator than John O. Brennan -- he ran the CIA under President Obama. True to type, he cast a vote for Communist Party USA, back in 1976, when the current Russia monomania would have been justified. Brennan has dubbed President Trump a traitor for having dared to doubt people like himself. ..."
"... The very embodiment of the Surveillance State at its worst is Michael V. Hayden. Hayden has moved seamlessly from the National Security Agency and the CIA to CNN where he beats up on Trump. The former Bush employee hollered treason: "One of the most disgraceful performances of an American president in front of a Russian leader," Hayden inveighed. Not only had POTUS dared to explore the possibility of a truce with Russia, which is a formidable nuclear power; but the president had the temerity to express a smidgen of skepticism about a community littered with spooks like Mr. Hayden. ..."
"... Pray tell, since when does the Deep State -- FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA, DNI, (Director of National Intelligence), on and on -- represent, or stand for, the American People? The president, conversely, actually got the support of at least 60 million Americans. ..."
"... Outside the Beltway, ordinary folks -- Deplorables, if you will -- have to sympathize with the president's initial and honest appraisal of the Intelligence Community's collective intelligence. This is the community that has sent us into quite a few recreational, hobby wars. ..."
Peter Strzok, the disgraced and disgraceful Federal Bureau of Investigation official, is
the very definition of a slimy swamp creature. Strzok twitched, grimaced and ranted his way to
infamy during a joint hearing of the House Oversight and Judiciary Committees, on July
In no way had he failed to discharge his professional unbiased obligation to the public,
asserted Strzok. He had merely
expressed the hope that "the American population would not elect somebody demonstrating
such horrible, disgusting behavior."
But we did not elect YOU, Mr. Strzok. We elected Mr. Trump.
Strzok is the youthful face of the venerated "Intelligence Community," itself part of the
sprawling political machine that makes up the D.C. comitatus , now writhing like a
fire breathing mythical monster against President Donald Trump.
Smug, self-satisfied, cheating creature that he is, Strzok can't take responsibility for his
own misconduct, and
blames Russia for dividing America. In the largely progressive bureau, moreover, Agent
Strzok is neither underling nor outlier, for that matter. He's an overlord, having risen "to become the Deputy Assistant Director of the
Counterintelligence Division, the second-highest position in that division."
As Ann Coulter observed, the FBI is not the FBI of J. Edgar Hoover. Neither is the
Intelligence Community Philip
Haney's IC any longer. Haney was a heroic, soft-spoken, demure employee at the Department
of Homeland Security. Agents like him are often fired if they don't get with the program. He
didn't. Haney's method and the
authentic intelligence he mined and developed might have stopped the likes of the San
Bernardino mass murderers and many others. Instead, his higher-ups in the "Intelligence
Community" made Haney and his data disappear.
Post Haney, the FBI failed to adequately screen and stop Syed Farook and blushing bride
A "blind bootlicking faith in spooks" is certainly unwarranted and may even be foolish. What
of odious individuals like former FBI Director Andrew McCabe, and his predecessor, James Comey,
now openly campaigning for the Democrats? Are these leaders outliers in the "Intelligence
As Peter Strzok might say to his paramour in a private tweet, "Who ya gonna believe, the
Intelligence Community or your own lying eyes?" The Bureau in particular and the IC cabal, in
general, appear to be dominated by the likes of the dull-witted Mr. Strzok.
Similarly, it's hard to think of a more partisan operator than John O. Brennan -- he ran
the CIA under President Obama. True to type, he cast a vote for Communist Party USA, back in
1976, when the current Russia monomania would have been justified. Brennan has dubbed President
Trump a traitor for having dared to doubt people like himself.
The very embodiment of the Surveillance State at its worst is Michael V. Hayden. Hayden
has moved seamlessly from the National Security Agency and the CIA to CNN where he beats up on
Trump. The former Bush employee hollered treason: "One of the most disgraceful performances of
an American president in front of a Russian leader," Hayden inveighed. Not only had POTUS dared
to explore the possibility of a truce with Russia, which is a formidable nuclear power; but the
president had the temerity to express a smidgen of skepticism about a community littered with
spooks like Mr. Hayden.
As one wag
noted , not unreasonably, ours is "a highly-politicized intelligence community, infiltrated
over decades by cadres of Deep State operatives and sleeper agents, whose goal is to bring down
The latest pillorying heaped upon the president by the permanent establishment has it that,
"Trump chose to stand with Vladimir Putin, instead of the American People." Trump, to be
precise, had the temerity to "openly question his own
intelligence agencies' firm finding that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S."
Pray tell, since when does the Deep State -- FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA, DNI, (Director of
National Intelligence), on and on -- represent, or stand for, the American People? The
president, conversely, actually got the support of at least 60 million Americans.
That's a LOT of support. Outside the Beltway, ordinary folks -- Deplorables, if you will -- have to sympathize with
the president's initial and honest appraisal of the Intelligence Community's collective
intelligence. This is the community that has sent us into quite a few recreational, hobby wars.
And this is the community that regularly intercepts but fails to surveys and stop the likes
of mass murderers Syed Farook and bride Tashfeen Malik. Or, Orlando nightclub killer Omar
Mateen, whose father the Bureau saw fit to
hire as an informant. The same "community" has invited the Muslim Public Affairs Council
and the Arab-American Institute to help shape FBI counterterrorism training.
The FBI might not be very intelligent at all. About the quality of that intelligence, consider: On August 3, 2016, as the mad media were
amping up their Russia monomania, a frenzied BuzzFeed -- it calls itself a news org -- reported
that "the Russian foreign ministry had wired nearly $30,000 through a Kremlin-backed bank to
its embassy in Washington, DC."
Intercepted by American intelligence, the Russian wire
stipulated that the funds were meant "to finance the election campaign of 2016." Was this not "meddling in our election" or what? Did we finally have irrefutable
evidence of Kremlin culpability? The FBI certainly thought so. "Worse still, this was only one of 60 transfers that were being scrutinized by the FBI,"
wrote the Economist, in November of 2017. "Similar transfers were made to other
countries." As it transpired, the money was wired from the Kremlin to embassies the world over. Its
purpose? Russia was preparing to hold parliamentary elections in 2016 and had sent funds to
Russian embassies "to organize the polling for expatriates."
While it did update its Fake News factoids, Buzzfeed felt no compunction whatsoever to
remove the erroneous item or publicly question their sources in the unimpeachable "Intelligence
Most news media are just not as inquisitive as President Trump.
has been writing a weekly, paleolibertarian
since 1999. She is the author of " Into the Cannibal's Pot: Lessons for America From Post-Apartheid
South Africa " (2011) & " The Trump Revolution: The Donald's Creative Destruction
Deconstructed " (June, 2016). She's on Twitter , Facebook ,
Gab & YouTube
July 20, 2018 at 12:22 pm GMT
"The Brennan, Clappers, Obamas, Clintons, Comeys, Rosenstein and their many
subordinate political Mafiosi "
What is going on in the US is systematic. Assange, an investigative journalist who became
the light of truth worldwide, is under a grave danger from US' and UK' Intelligence
Communities of the non-intelligent opportunists and real traitors: https://www.rt.com/news/433783-wikileaks-assange-ecuador-uk/
Meanwhile, Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important
classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller:
" it was over 30,000 emails , emails that were sent through to Hillary Clinton through
the unauthorized server and unsecured server and every email she sent out.
There were highly classified -- beyond classified -- top secret-type stuff that had
gone through that server. an instruction embedded, compartmentalized data embedded in the
email server telling the server to send a copy of every email that came to Hillary Clinton
through that unauthorized server and every email that she sent out through that server, to
send it to this foreign entity that is not Russia."
The Awan Affair, the most serious ever violation of national cybersecurity, has
demonstrated the spectacular incompetence of the CIA and FBI, which had allowed a family of
Pakistani nationals to surf congressional computers of various committees, including
Intelligence Committee, for years. None of the scoundrels had a security clearance! Their
ardent protector, Wasserman-Schultz (who threatened the DC Marschall) belongs to the
untouchables, unlike Assange:
This is a war propaganda. Plain and simple. Looks like MIC like cancel is destroying the
"... They have completely forgotten the cost of the Civil War. We in Europe have not forgotten the cost of war and are not going there again. Ever. ..."
"... From badmouthing Russia to appointing Russophobes to high office, to imposing sanctions, to illegally seizing Russian diplomatic property, to committing war crimes in Syria, to a provocative military buildup in Europe, to arming the illegitimate Ukrainian "government," etc., presidential poseur Orange Clown has spent 99% of his "presidency" so far antagonizing Russia; apparently trying to provoke some kind of Russian military response. ..."
"... If it was anyone else other than Vladimir Putin calling the shots in Russia, WW3 probably would've happened already. Yet PCR claims Orange Clown wants peace with Russia? ..."
"... Two factions in the Money Party are at war with each other. Neither one is willing to level with the public as to its true aims and motives -- they are fighting viciously but under the bed sheets, which is why the spectacle looks so unhinged and silly. ..."
Den Lille Abe ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm GMT
The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never
witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM. I have after this begun to actually dismiss
that Americans are sensible people! They have completely forgotten the cost of the Civil
War. We in Europe have not forgotten the cost of war and are not going there again.
Harold Smith ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:43 pm GMT
The US has become a lunatic asylum with nuclear weapons, never mind Kim Jong Un, look a
squirrel! But the US is a threat to humanity, included it's protegé Israel, the new
"Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace with Russia?"
Mike P ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:48 pm GMT
From badmouthing Russia to appointing Russophobes to high office, to imposing
sanctions, to illegally seizing Russian diplomatic property, to committing war crimes in
Syria, to a provocative military buildup in Europe, to arming the illegitimate Ukrainian
"government," etc., presidential poseur Orange Clown has spent 99% of his "presidency" so far
antagonizing Russia; apparently trying to provoke some kind of Russian military
If it was anyone else other than Vladimir Putin calling the shots in Russia, WW3
probably would've happened already. Yet PCR claims Orange Clown wants peace with
Note to PCR: It is Vladimir Putin who wants peace, not presidential poseur Orange Clown.
If Orange Clown has had some kind of spiritual epiphany/change of heart, he's going to have
to show good faith by taking some kind of unambiguous action; posturing won't suffice.
July 20, 2018 at 2:28 pm GMT
There is a lot of truth in what you say, but it does not account for the fight we are
currently witnessing. Two factions in the Money Party are at war with each other. Neither
one is willing to level with the public as to its true aims and motives -- they are fighting
viciously but under the bed sheets, which is why the spectacle looks so unhinged and
It appears that he is trying to save the US from financial collapse. Hence, he is a traitor
to MIC, particularly to the obscenely greedy Pentagon contractors. The US presidents and
Congress always pandered to MIC first and foremost. He broke (or at least tried to break) the
July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm GMT
You mean, s/he/it is a self-parody? The US MSM, State Department, Congress, and
Administration all became self-parodies lately. It would have been funny if it weren't so
Looks like MIC is a cancel of the society for which there is no cure....
While this jeremiad raises several valid point the key to understanding the situation should
be understanding of the split of the Us elite into two camp with Democratic party (representing
interests of Wall Street) and large part of intelligence communality fighting to neoliberal
status quo and Pentagon, some part of old money, part of trade unions (especially rank and file
members) and a pert of Republican Party (representing interests of the military) realizing that
neoliberalism came to the natural end and it is time for change which includes downsizing of the
This bitter internal struggle in which neoliberals so far have an upper hand over Trump
administration and forced him into retreat.
"... Trump is a traitor because he wants peace with Russia. ..."
"... The Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, and the North Koreans, as well as the rest of the world, desperately need to notice the extremely hostile reaction to peace on the part of the US Democratic Party, many members of the Republican Party, including the despicable US Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham, and the Western Presstitute Media, a collection of people on the CIA payroll according to the German newspaper editor, Udo Ulfkotte, and the CIA itself. ..."
"... Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and the rest of the corrupt filth that rules over us are all in the pay of the military/security complex. Just go and investigate the donations to their re-election campaigns. The 1,000 billion dollar budget of the military/security complex, amplified by the CIA's front corporations and narcotics business, provides enormous sums with which to purchase the senators and representatives that the insouciant American voters think that they elect. ..."
"... Therefore, the American public gets not representation, but lies that justify war and conflict. The military/security complex, about which President Eisenhower warned the American people to no effect, is in desperate need of an enemy. In obedience to the military/security complex, the Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama regimes have made Russia that enemy. If Trump and Putin do not understand this, they will easily be made irrelevant. ..."
"... They both can be assassinated, and that is what the statements from Pelosi, Schumer, McCain, Lindsey Graham, et. al., repeated endlessly in the propaganda ministry that is the Western press, encourages. ..."
"... The Supply-Side Revolution ..."
"... When the combination of tax cuts with defense budget cuts came up for a vote, the legendary senator Strom Thurmond, a 48-year member of the US Senate from South Carolina, tapped me on the shoulder. He said: "son, never set your senator up against the military/security complex. He will not be re-elected, and you will be out of a job." I replied that we were just establishing for the record that under no conditions would the Democrats, who wanted more government, vote for a tax rate reduction even if there was a case that it would cure stagflation. He replied: "son, the military/security complex doesn't care." ..."
"... Later as a member of a secret presidential committee, I saw how the CIA attempted to prevent President Reagan from ending the Cold War. ..."
"... Today, right now, at this moment, we are faced with a massive effort of the military/security complex, the neoconservatives, the Democratic Party, and the presstitute media to discredit the elected President of the United States and to overthrow him in order that the utterly corrupt elite that rule American can continue to hold on to power and to protect the massive budget of the military/security complex that, along with the Israel Lobby, funds the elections of those who rule us. ..."
"... There is no institution in America, government or private, that can be trusted. Any government or person who trusts America or any Western country is stupid beyond belief. ..."
"... The entire Russiagate hoax is an orchestration by the military/security complex, led by John Brennen, Comey, and Rosenstein. The purpose is to discredit President trump for two reasons. One is to prevent any normalization of relations with Russia. The other is to remove Trump's agenda as an alternative to the agenda of the Democratic Party. ..."
"... President Trump is almost powerless. Putin, the Chinese, the Iranians, and the North Koreans should recognize this before it is too late for them. President Trump cannot fire and arrest for high treason Mueller and Rosenstein. ..."
"... Reckless and irresponsible comments about treason from former CIA director Brennan, and other ranking public figures, echo similar inflammatory rhetoric from far-right-wing rabble rouser Gen. Edwin Walker, and other members of the John Birch Society, in the days before Pres. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas. ..."
"... What's going on in the United States of America beats the band what happened under Joe McCarthy. The witch hunt against a sitting President by 95 percent of the media, major government institutions such as the criminal CIA, FBI, DOJ and the rest of the crooked Intel community plus the rascals in the US Congress can only happen in a totalitarian society, which the US is. ..."
"... The Brennan, Clappers, Obamas, Clintons, Comeys, Rosenstein and their many subordinate political Mafiosi should be put behind bars instead of running from one TV station to the next and lay the ground for a possibly Trump assassination. ..."
"... As Mr. Rogers correctly states, President Trump is almost powerless. These US fools even try to breed discord between the so-called nationalists and the globalists in Russia for which Medvedev stays. He once served US interests more than Russian ones when he was Prime Minister and got flattered by the ineffable Bill Clinton. ..."
"... So what do we see now ? Putin aiding Trump in steering the USA away from trying to control the whole world, an effort that is destroying the USA, but Deep State does not mind. In this way Russia indeed meddles in USA politics. Trump now invited Putin to come to Washington, the MH17 statement is withheld, the hysteria at CNN is such that MH17 is not even mentioned. In stead: Trump must be mentally deranged. ..."
"... Gore Vidal said there's only one party in America, it's the Money Party and it has two branches. It is even more true today than when he said it. There is no Left or Right anymore, only the question, is it good for Israel? And the American people be damned. ..."
"... Trump is completely powerless to do anything about these two. And this has gone on for a year and a half. ..."
"... It's clear though that Trump believes he has forced his opponents to play a bad hand in their outlandish craze the past week. It's why he doubled down and invited Putin to Washington near the 2018 election time. He perceives this as a chance to re-enact the 2016 election and coast to victory. The establishment is insane, and if he brings their insanity out it plays to his favor. ..."
The US Democratic Party is determined to take the world to thermo-nuclear war rather than to
admit that Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election fair and square. The Democratic Party
was totally corrupted by the Clinton Regime, and now it is totally insane. Leaders of the
Democratic Party, such as Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, my former co-author in the New York
Times, have responded in a non-Democratic way to the first step President Trump has taken to
reduce the extremely dangerous tensions with Russia that the Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama
regimes created between the two superpowers.
Yes, Russia is a superpower. Russian weapons are so superior to the junk produced by the
waste-filled US military/security complex that lives high off the hog on the insouciant
American taxpayer that it is questionable if the US is even a second class military power. If
the insane neoconservatives, such as Max Boot, William Kristol, and the rest of the neocon scum
get their way, the US, the UK, and Europe will be a radioactive ruin for thousands of
House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi (CA), Minority Leader of the US House of
Representatives, declared that out of fear of some undefined retribution from Putin, a dossier
on Trump perhaps, the President of the United States sold out the American people to Russia
because he wants to make peace: "It begs the question, what does Vladimir Putin, what do the
Russians have on Donald Trump -- personally, politically and financially that he should behave
in such a manner?" The "such a manner" Pelosi is speaking about is making peace instead of
To be clear, the Democratic Minority Leader of the US House of Representatives has accused
Donald Trump of high treason against the United States. There is no outcry against this
blatantly false accusation, totally devoid of evidence. The presstitute media instead of
protesting this attempt at a coup against the President of the United States, trumpet the
accusation as self-evident truth. Trump is a traitor because he wants peace with
Here is Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer (NY) repeating Pelosi's false accusation: "Millions
of Americans will continue to wonder if the only possible explanation for this dangerous
behavior is the possibility that President Putin holds damaging information over President
Trump." If you don't believe that this is orchestrated between Pelosi and Schumer, you are
stupid beyond belief.
Here is disgraced Obama CIA director John Brennan, a leader of the fake Russiagate campaign
against President Trump in order to prevent Trump from making peace with Russia and, thus, by
making the world safer, threatening the massive, unjustified budget of the military/security
complex: "Donald Trump's press conference performance in Helsinki rises to and exceeds the
threshold of high crimes and misdemeanors. It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were
Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are
Here are many more: https://www.infowars.com/meltdown-left-seething-over-trump-putin-summit/
And here is more from the CIA bought-and-paid-for BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44852812
NOTICE THAT NOT ONE WESTERN MEDIA SOURCE IS CELEBRATING AND THANKING TRUMP AND PUTIN FOR
EASING THE ARTIFICIALLY CREATED TENSIONS THAT WERE LEADING TO NUCLEAR WAR. HOW CAN THIS BE? HOW
CAN IT BE THAT THE WESTERN MEDIA IS SO OPPOSED TO PEACE? WHAT IS THE EXPLANATION?
The Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, and the North Koreans, as well as the rest of
the world, desperately need to notice the extremely hostile reaction to peace on the part of
the US Democratic Party, many members of the Republican Party, including the despicable US
Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham, and the Western Presstitute Media, a
collection of people on the CIA payroll according to the German newspaper editor, Udo Ulfkotte,
and the CIA itself.
Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and the rest of the corrupt
filth that rules over us are all in the pay of the military/security complex. Just go and
investigate the donations to their re-election campaigns. The 1,000 billion dollar budget of
the military/security complex, amplified by the CIA's front corporations and narcotics
business, provides enormous sums with which to purchase the senators and representatives that
the insouciant American voters think that they elect.
Do you know how large 1,000 billion is? You would have to live for thousands of years and do
nothing for 24/7 except count to reach that figure. It is a sum that nurtures the recipients,
and the recipients regard it as worth protecting.
Therefore, the American public gets not representation, but lies that justify war and
conflict. The military/security complex, about which President Eisenhower warned the American
people to no effect, is in desperate need of an enemy. In obedience to the military/security
complex, the Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama regimes have made Russia that enemy. If Trump
and Putin do not understand this, they will easily be made irrelevant.
They both can be assassinated, and that is what the statements from Pelosi, Schumer,
McCain, Lindsey Graham, et. al., repeated endlessly in the propaganda ministry that is the
Western press, encourages. Trump can be assassinated or overthrown in a political coup for
selling out America to Russia, as members of both political parties claim and as the media
trumpets endlessly. Putin can be easily assassinated by the CIA operatives that the Russian
government stupidly permits to operate throughout Russia in NGOs and Western/US owned media and
among the Atlanticist Integrationists, Washington's Firth Column inside Russia serving
Washington's purposes. These Russian traitors serve in Putin's own government!
ORDER IT NOW
Americans are so unaware that they have no idea of the risk that President Trump is taking
by challenging the US military security complex. For example, during the last half of the 1970s
I was a member of the US Senate staff. I was working together with a staffer of the US
Republican Senator from California, S. I. Hayakawa, to advance understanding of a supply-side
economic policy cure to the stagflation that threatened the US budget's ability to meet its
obligations. Republican Senators Hatch, Roth, and Hayakawa were trying to introduce a
supply-side economic policy as a cure for the stagflation that was threatening the US economy
with failure. The Democrats, who later in the Senate led the way to a supply-side policy, were,
at this time, opposed (see Paul Craig Roberts, The Supply-Side Revolution , Harvard
University Press, 1984). The Democrats claimed that the policy would worsen the budget deficit,
the only time in those days Democrats cared about the budget deficit. The Democrats said that
they would support the tax rate reductions if the Republicans would support offsetting cuts in
the budget to support a balanced budget. This was a ploy to put Republicans on the spot for
taking away some groups' handouts in order "to cut tax rates for the rich."
The supply-side policy did not require budget cuts, but in order to demonstrate the
Democrats lack of sincerety, Hayakawa's aid and I had our senators introduce a series of budget
cuts together with tax cuts that, on a static revenue basis (not counting tax revenue feedbacks
from the incentives of the lower tax rates) kept the budget even, and the Democrats voted
against them every time.
When the combination of tax cuts with defense budget cuts came up for a vote, the
legendary senator Strom Thurmond, a 48-year member of the US Senate from South Carolina, tapped
me on the shoulder. He said: "son, never set your senator up against the military/security
complex. He will not be re-elected, and you will be out of a job." I replied that we were just
establishing for the record that under no conditions would the Democrats, who wanted more
government, vote for a tax rate reduction even if there was a case that it would cure
stagflation. He replied: "son, the military/security complex doesn't care."
My emergence from The Matrix began with Thurmond's pat on my shoulder. It grew with my time
at the Wall Street Journal when I learned that some truthful things simply could not be said.
In the Treasury I experienced how those outside interests opposed to a president's policy
marshall their forces and the media that they own to block it. Later as a member of a
secret presidential committee, I saw how the CIA attempted to prevent President Reagan from
ending the Cold War.
Today, right now, at this moment, we are faced with a massive effort of the
military/security complex, the neoconservatives, the Democratic Party, and the presstitute
media to discredit the elected President of the United States and to overthrow him in order
that the utterly corrupt elite that rule American can continue to hold on to power and to
protect the massive budget of the military/security complex that, along with the Israel Lobby,
funds the elections of those who rule us. Trump, like Reagan, was an exception, and it is
the exceptions that accumulate the ire of the corrupt leftwing, bought off with money, and the
ire of the media, concentrated into small tight ownership groups indebted to those who
permitted the illegal concentration of a once independent and diverse American media that once
served, on occasion, as a watchdog over government. The rightwing, wrapped in the flag,
dismisses all truth as "anti-American."
If Putin, Lavrov, the Russian government, the traitorous Russian Fifth Column -- the
Atlanticist Integrationists -- the Chinese, the Iranians, the North Koreans think that any
peace or consideration can come out of America, they are insane. Their delusions are setting
themselves up for destruction. There is no institution in America, government or private,
that can be trusted. Any government or person who trusts America or any Western country is
stupid beyond belief.
The entire Russiagate hoax is an orchestration by the military/security complex, led by
John Brennen, Comey, and Rosenstein. The purpose is to discredit President trump for two
reasons. One is to prevent any normalization of relations with Russia. The other is to remove
Trump's agenda as an alternative to the agenda of the Democratic Party.
President Trump is almost powerless. Putin, the Chinese, the Iranians, and the North
Koreans should recognize this before it is too late for them. President Trump cannot fire and
arrest for high treason Mueller and Rosenstein. And Trump cannot indict Hillary for her
numerous unquestionable crimes in plain view of everyone, or Comey or Brennan, who declares
Trump "to be wholly in the pocket of Putin," for trying to overthrow the elected president of
the United States. Trump cannot have the Secret Service question the likes of Pelosi and
Schumer and McCain and Lindsey Graham for false accusations that encourage assassination of the
President of the United States.
Trump cannot even trust the Secret Service, which accumulated evidence suggests was
complicit in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy.
If Putin and Lavrov, so anxious to be friends of Washington, let their guards down, they are
As I said above, Russiagate is an orchestratration to prevent peace between the US and
Russia. Leading military/security complex experts, including the person who provided the CIA's
daily briefing of the President of the United States for many years, and the person who devised
the spy program for the National Security Agency, have proven conclusively that Russiagate is a
hoax designed for the purpose of preventing President Trump from normalizing relations between
the US and Russia, which has the power to destroy the entirety of the Western World at
Here is the report from the retired security professionals who, unlike those still in
office, cannot be fired and deprived of a careet for telling the truth:
Here is what the clued-in Russian Defense Minister Shoigu has to say about the aggressive
actions of the West against the Russian homeland:
If Putin doesn't listen to him, Russia is in the trash can of history.
Keep in mind that no media informs you better than my website. If my website goes down, you
will be left in darkness. No valid information comes from the US government or the Western
presstitutes. If you sit in front of the TV screen watching the Western media, you are
brainwashed beyond all hope. Not even I can rescue you. Nor God himself.
Americans, and indeed the Russians themselves, are incapable of realizing it, but there is a
chance that Trump will be overthrown and a Western assault will be launched against the handful
of countries that insist on sovereignty.
I doubt that few of the Americans who elected Trump will be taken in by the anti-Trump
propagana, but they are not organized and have no armed power. The police, militarized by
George W. Bush and Obama, will be set against them. The rebellions will be local and suppressed
by every violation of the US Constitution by the private powers that rule Washington, as always
has been the case with rebellions in America.
In the West, which the Russians are so anxious to join, all freedoms are dead -- freedom of
assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of inquiry, freedom of privacy,
freedom from arbitrary search, freedom from arbitrary arrest, along with the Constitutional
protections of due process and habeas corpus. Today there are no countries less free than the
United States of America.
Why do the Russian Atlanticist Integrationists want to join an unfree Western world? Are
they that brainwashed by Western Propaganda?
If Putin listens to these deluded fools, Putin will destroy Russia.
There is something wrong with Russian perception of Washington. Apparently the Russian
elite, with the exception of Shoigu and a few others are incapable of comprehending the
neoconservative drive for US world hegemony and the neoconservative determination to destroy
Russia as a constraint on US unilateralism. The Russian government somehow, despite all
evidence to the contrary, believes that Washington's hegemony is negotiable. (Republished from
PaulCraigRoberts.org by permission of author or representative)
July 20, 2018 at 4:46 am GMT
is big question even if Trump wants peace at all. Trump has shown his real face on the very
beginning when he said that they are going to talk about "his friend" Xi, making Putin very
uncomfortable and throwing some worms in Russia~China relationship in front of cameras for
all to see
July 20, 2018 at 4:57 am GMT
Trump came to the meeting in hope to impress Putin with his cowboy arrogance, He now says
that he'll be Putin's worst enemy ( if he don't bow to him I guess : ). all Trump cares about
is his ego, nothing else too sweat mouthed sleazy person
Reckless and irresponsible comments about treason from former CIA director Brennan, and
other ranking public figures, echo similar inflammatory rhetoric from far-right-wing rabble
rouser Gen. Edwin Walker, and other members of the John Birch Society, in the days before
Pres. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas.
July 20, 2018 at 5:10 am GMT
Ludwig Watzal ,
July 20, 2018 at 5:41 am GMT
Okay then! Cue the real story of [lying filth] Bill Browder, a film by Andrei Nekrasov.
Watch and share before it disappears!
The Magnitsky Act – Behind the Scenes
What's going on in the United States of America beats the band what happened under Joe
McCarthy. The witch hunt against a sitting President by 95 percent of the media, major
government institutions such as the criminal CIA, FBI, DOJ and the rest of the crooked Intel
community plus the rascals in the US Congress can only happen in a totalitarian society,
which the US is.
July 20, 2018 at 6:49 am GMT
The Brennan, Clappers, Obamas, Clintons, Comeys, Rosenstein and their many subordinate
political Mafiosi should be put behind bars instead of running from one TV station to the
next and lay the ground for a possibly Trump assassination. Trump is portrayed by these
crooks as a "traitor." In the US, traitors usefully deserve death. If these political Mafiosi
don't bring down Trump "legally," they will hire a kind of Lee Harvey Oswald who "shot"
As Mr. Rogers correctly states, President Trump is almost powerless. These US fools
even try to breed discord between the so-called nationalists and the globalists in Russia for
which Medvedev stays. He once served US interests more than Russian ones when he was Prime
Minister and got flattered by the ineffable Bill Clinton.
Let's wait and see what happens in the upcoming mid-term elections. If the Dems win both
Houses of Congress, Trump is done. The obstructionists will have the upper hand. If they
can't remove him from office "legally," there will be a hitman out there somewhere.
President smugly making peace with the Russian nation that was supposed to be the evil enemy
in a 3rd and final brother war to devastate the white race beyond recovery.
July 20, 2018 at 7:24 am GMT
Little upstart in the Democrat party making left wing politics less palatable to the
masses with her heavy handed socialist rhetoric. All while preaching BDS and anti-Israel
sentiment too, representing Frankenstein's CultMarx monster turning on it's creator.
And fewer and fewer people on all sides buying what the American Pravda is selling with
each passing day. The resulting hysteria is both par for the course and downright
" Apparently the Russian elite, with the exception of Shoigu and a few others are incapable
of comprehending the neoconservative drive for US world hegemony and the neoconservative
determination to destroy Russia as a constraint on US unilateralism. " My idea is that many
in Russia understand quite well, this is why they demonstrate Russia's military capabilities
frequently. Why does Putin support Assad and Syria ? Not because he likes these countries,
but because he understands that if these countries also get the USA yoke the position of
Russia and China deteriorate.
Tsar Nicholas ,
July 20, 2018 at 7:48 am GMT
Putin is careful not to give USA public opinion more 'reason' to fear Russia. Already a
few years ago something fell into the E part of the Mediterranean. It was asserted that
Russia had intercepted a USA missile fired from Spain to Syria. USA and Israel declared that
an excercise had been held. Putin said nothing.
Despite all that NATO does at Russia's borders Putin does not let himself be provoked.
MH17, I suppose Putin knows quite well what happened, Russia has radar and satelites, yet
Putin never gave the Russian view.
So what do we see now ? Putin aiding Trump in steering the USA away from trying to
control the whole world, an effort that is destroying the USA, but Deep State does not mind.
In this way Russia indeed meddles in USA politics. Trump now invited Putin to come to
Washington, the MH17 statement is withheld, the hysteria at CNN is such that MH17 is not even
mentioned. In stead: Trump must be mentally deranged.
Another fine piece from PCR. It is a shame that trolls have caused him to avoid comments.
July 20, 2018 at 8:03 am GMT
Good to see PCR accepting comments again. It's not just the Dumbocruds, it's the Rupuglicunts
too. Follow the money, it's coming from the same sources. Gore Vidal said there's only
one party in America, it's the Money Party and it has two branches. It is even more true
today than when he said it. There is no Left or Right anymore, only the question, is it good
for Israel? And the American people be damned.
Anonymous  Disclaimer ,
July 20, 2018 at 8:20 am GMT
Robert Magill ,
July 20, 2018 at 9:36 am GMT
Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace with Russia?
The Democrats say he is
The Democrats -- and their wholly-owned MSM -- will call Trump any name that'll stick. It
means little. Even if Trump got everything he wanted on immigration, that particular
toothpaste is already out of the tube and unless we send back some of the millions of
illegal third-world squatters we've no hope of recovering the United States of America.
If you want to talk treason, you need look no further than the Hart-Celler Act of 1965,
whereby the plan was laid to replace the population of this nation with third-world refuse,
which guaranteed cheap labor for GOP capitalists and endless political support for Democrat
Oh yeah, it's going swimmingly.
Fact 1: Russia's Defense Dept. IS a defense dept. Our alleged Defense Dept. is a War Dept.
Nuff said.Biff ,
July 20, 2018 at 9:47 am GMT
Fact 2: Don't invade Russia.
Fact 3: Don't invade Russia.
July 20, 2018 at 11:08 am GMT
HOW CAN THIS BE? HOW CAN IT BE THAT THE WESTERN MEDIA IS SO OPPOSED TO PEACE? WHAT IS
July 20, 2018 at 11:13 am GMT
For a country that cares little about morality, it really does not matter whether Trump,
Hillary, Obama or anyone else is the leader.
July 20, 2018 at 11:35 am GMT
As the saying goes "timing is everything." I have to admit I was incredulous that you were
somehow able to link to a functioning version of the Nekrosov film. I've been trying to get
my hands on that documentary for the last few years, but to no avail. I finally managed to
read a comment on another blog that recommended that people who were interested in viewing
the film could do so by reaching out to the producer to request a personalized link, after
which you had to request a password from another individual affiliated with the film.
I managed to do all of that a few weeks ago and was able to watch the video on Vimeo for
the full 2 hours. It was riveting, to say the least. After viewing it again, I thought about
making it available to others. Due to the pressures by Browder and his lawyers, however,
Nekrosov was prevented from making his film available to a wider audience. He got around this
limitation by making it available for private viewing only. And to prevent a private viewer
from uploading it onto the internet he cleverly placed a watermark on each film, indicating
the owner of each copy of the video by displaying a number on the screen. I was surprised to
see the version you linked to indeed has this watermark shown on the screen. Somehow, this
did not deter the individual tied to that number from uploading it and being the one
identified as doing so. That said, I'm glad the film is more widely available as it should be
viewed by as many people as possible so that they can realize what a despicable liar Browder
really is and how the passage of The Magnitsky Act was a travesty of justice which must be
"Do you know how large 1,000 billion is? You would have to live for thousands of years and do
nothing for 24/7 except count to reach that figure. It is a sum that nurtures the recipients,
and the recipients regard it as worth protecting."
Sally Snyder ,
July 20, 2018 at 11:39 am GMT
Tens of thousands of years. At one count per second, 31,687 years and a few months.
Here is an interesting look at how the anti-Russian narrative began in the United States and
who really rigged the 2016 U.S. election:
July 20, 2018 at 11:49 am GMT
Main Street America is being manipulated into believing that Russia is the enemy, giving
Washington a complete...
July 20, 2018 at 12:14 pm GMT
"In the West, which the Russians are so anxious to join, all freedoms are dead --
freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of inquiry, freedom
of privacy, freedom from arbitrary search, freedom from arbitrary arrest, along with the
Constitutional protections of due process and habeas corpus."
True. That is the Anglo-Zionist Empire. That is what the WASP Empire delivers, and
it does so to destroy more conservative national and local cultures so their peoples are
tossed into the melting pot and reduced into a goop easy to rule.
Oliver Cromwell taking Jewish money, allying with Jews so he would have the funds to wage
permanent war against the vast, vast majority of non-WASP whites within his reach: that is
the definition of WASP culture; that picture tells you what it always will do.
July 20, 2018 at 12:22 pm GMT
to everyone who make such movies
make something serious about Obama and Hillary destroying whole African country of Libya
killing Colonel Gaddafi on the street, which is greatest war crime in the 21st century so far
or, Bill Clinton bombing Bosnian Serbs '95 opening the door to jihadis to continue behead
people in the middle of the Europe or, Bill Clinton and Nato bombing Serbia '99 to give
"Kosovo" independence killing many civilian and destroying infrastructure on purpose or
Madeline Albright confessing killing half of million Iraqi kids on the camera or, Bush and or
Bushes or those such Bill Browder are just small dirty fish who in comparison is almost not
worth filming I appreciate the effort but get seriously real if you are about to get truth to
July 20, 2018 at 12:27 pm GMT
"The Brennan, Clappers, Obamas, Clintons, Comeys, Rosenstein and their many
subordinate political Mafiosi "
What is going on in the US is systematic. Assange, an investigative journalist who became
the light of truth worldwide, is under a grave danger from US' and UK' Intelligence
Communities of the non-intelligent opportunists and real traitors: https://www.rt.com/news/433783-wikileaks-assange-ecuador-uk/
Meanwhile, Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important
classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller:
" it was over 30,000 emails , emails that were sent through to Hillary Clinton through
the unauthorized server and unsecured server and every email she sent out.
There were highly classified -- beyond classified -- top secret-type stuff that had
gone through that server. an instruction embedded, compartmentalized data embedded in the
email server telling the server to send a copy of every email that came to Hillary Clinton
through that unauthorized server and every email that she sent out through that server, to
send it to this foreign entity that is not Russia."
The Awan Affair, the most serious ever violation of national cybersecurity, has
demonstrated the spectacular incompetence of the CIA and FBI, which had allowed a family of
Pakistani nationals to surf congressional computers of various committees, including
Intelligence Committee, for years. None of the scoundrels had a security clearance! Their
ardent protector, Wasserman-Schultz (who threatened the DC Marschall) belongs to the
untouchables, unlike Assange:
Trump and Putin made a mistake. I do not understand how it could have happened. They should
have issued communiqué that they have agreed to work toward peace and relieve tensions
and suppress conflicts around the world. (I do not have a time for now to write more.)
Carroll Price ,
July 20, 2018 at 12:30 pm GMT
July 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm GMT
Don't give FDR too much credit. He didn't approve the Normandy invasion until well after
Russia had destroyed the German army.
If Rosenstein & Mueller had done what they did with the publication of the indictments a
few days before the summit -- and were North Koreans -- they'd be in front of a firing squad
within 24 hours. Trump is completely powerless to do anything about these two. And this
has gone on for a year and a half. This is not a strength of democracy.
July 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm GMT
The US today is like Venezuela was shortly after Maduro was elected (by a narrow margin)
-- after Chavez's death -- and before violence eventually broke out. The losing opposition
refused to accept the result and tensions simmered for a long time.
Or after Morsi was elected in Egypt and before the military coup. The victory was narrow,
the opposition refused the to accept the result and tensions simmered for a long time.
Or maybe like Bush vs Gore. Bush was kinda saved by 9/11 which completely changed the
Who knows what will happen. It's clear though that Trump believes he has forced his
opponents to play a bad hand in their outlandish craze the past week. It's why he doubled
down and invited Putin to Washington near the 2018 election time. He perceives this as a
chance to re-enact the 2016 election and coast to victory. The establishment is insane, and
if he brings their insanity out it plays to his favor.
Den Lille Abe ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm GMT
Brennan, the Communist. The linked article begins with that and proceeds from there in a
first-rate deep-state summary.
The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never
witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM. I have after this begun to actually dismiss
that Americans are sensible people! They have completely forgotten the cost of the Civil War.
We in Europe have not forgotten the cost of war and are not going there again. Ever.
Harold Smith ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:43 pm GMT
The US has become a lunatic asylum with nuclear weapons, never mind Kim Jong Un, look a
squirrel! But the US is a threat to humanity, included it's protegé Israel, the new
"Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace with Russia?"
Mike P ,
July 20, 2018 at 1:48 pm GMT
From badmouthing Russia to appointing Russophobes to high office, to imposing sanctions,
to illegally seizing Russian diplomatic property, to committing war crimes in Syria, to a
provocative military buildup in Europe, to arming the illegitimate Ukrainian "government,"
etc., presidential poseur Orange Clown has spent 99% of his "presidency" so far antagonizing
Russia; apparently trying to provoke some kind of Russian military response.
If it was anyone else other than Vladimir Putin calling the shots in Russia, WW3 probably
would've happened already. Yet PCR claims Orange Clown wants peace with Russia?
Note to PCR: It is Vladimir Putin who wants peace, not presidential poseur Orange Clown.
If Orange Clown has had some kind of spiritual epiphany/change of heart, he's going to have
to show good faith by taking some kind of unambiguous action; posturing won't suffice.
July 20, 2018 at 2:28 pm GMT
There is a lot of truth in what you say, but it does not account for the fight we are
currently witnessing. Two factions in the Money Party are at war with each other. Neither one
is willing to level with the public as to its true aims and motives -- they are fighting
viciously but under the bed sheets, which is why the spectacle looks so unhinged and
It appears that he is trying to save the US from financial collapse. Hence, he is a traitor
to MIC, particularly to the obscenely greedy Pentagon contractors. The US presidents and
Congress always pandered to MIC first and foremost. He broke (or at least tried to break) the
Anonymous  Disclaimer ,
July 20, 2018 at 4:48 pm GMT
@Den Lille Abe
Don't blame all Americans. Forty-eight percent of us voted for Trump; it is very likely
that more than half of the rest voted for Hellary only with great reluctance, owing largely
to the unprecedented campaign of vilification directed at Trump. The point is: a very large
majority of people in this country are nowhere near as insane as the media and elites are --
in fact, we're still nowhere near insane enough for their taste!
July 20, 2018 at 4:49 pm GMT
Trump Is Israel's 'Useful Idiot'
by Philip Giraldi :
Trump Is Israel's 'Useful Idiot'
The Israeli willingness to play all sides in the Syrian conflict recognizes that Russia
rather than the United States has assumed the pivotal role in determining what the ultimate
political outcome of the fighting is likely to be. Apart from weakening and fragmenting
Syria itself, Israel's clearly stated objective has been to reduce or, even better,
eliminate Iranian presence in the country, which Netanyahu describes hyperbolically as "
very important for the national security of the state of Israel."
Whatever one believes about the Syrian conflict and Washington's role in it, the
adherence to Israeli points of view in framing policy has made the United States largely
irrelevant and has handed control of the situation to enemy du jour Russia. The Israelis
have found the new administration in Washington to be what Lenin once described as a
"useful idiot," prepared to support whatever Netanyahu proposes while at the same time
so clueless that the Israeli government can freely and openly simultaneously cut deals with
Moscow that undermine the U.S. continued presence in the country.
Leaked Netanyahu Tape: We Made Trump Cancel the Iran Deal
On Tuesday an Israeli television channel aired leaked video footage it obtained
exclusively showing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu boasting that he had personally
convinced President Trump to abandon the Iran nuclear deal . The statements were made
at a small dinner event where he addressed senior members of his Likud party.
Israel Declares Itself Apartheid State
The Knesset passed early Thursday a controversial bill that o fficially defines
Israel as the national homeland of the Jewish people and asserts that "the realization of
the right to national self-determination in Israel is unique to the Jewish people,"
with 62 lawmakers voting in favor of the legislation and 55 opposing it.
The nation-state law also includes clauses stating that a "united Jerusalem" is the
capital of Israel and that Hebrew is the country's official language. Another says that
"the state sees the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to
encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation."
In a clause that set Arab lawmakers off, the bill explicitly states that "the right to
exercises national determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish
"... pronunciamentos ..."
"... Reprinted with permission from RT . ..."
national governments by
July 19, 2018
On the world's Grand Chessboard, the US is fighting for control and influence. And there are countries where its ambassadors
are perceived more as imperial governors than simple channels of communication.
At the height of the Maidan protests in Kiev in early 2014, a conversation was leaked between the US ambassador to Ukraine,
Geoffrey Pyatt, and the then-Assistant Secretary of State in the Obama administration, Victoria Nuland. The conversation gained
notoriety because Nuland said to Pyatt, "F**k the EU" and the recording was almost instantly available on
More shocking than Nuland's bad language, however, was what the conversation was about. The US government officials were discussing
how to put their men into power in Ukraine - which of the three then opposition factions would dominate, who would take the lead
(Arseniy Yatsenyuk) and who would be excluded (Vladimir Klitschko). At the time of this conversation, early February 2014, their
enemy Viktor Yanukovych was still president. The leaked recording proved that the US and its Kiev embassy were actively involved
in a regime change operation. The composition of the post-Maidan government corresponded exactly with US plans.
What few people knew at the time was that such levels of control over the composition of foreign governments had become standard
practice for US embassies all over the world. As I could see on my very numerous travels around the Balkans in the late 1990s
and early 2000s, the US ambassador was treated by the political class and the media in those countries not as the officially accredited
representative of a foreign government but instead as an imperial governor whose pronunciamentos were more important
than those of the national government.
This has been going on for decades, although the levels of control exercised by the United States increased as it rushed to
fill the political vacuum created by the collapse of Soviet influence in Eastern Europe after 1989. In earlier times, such control,
especially regime change operations, had to be conducted either covertly, as with the overthrow of Iranian prime minister, Mohammad
Mosaddegh, in 1953, or by financing and arming an anti-government militia, such as in Nicaragua and elsewhere in central and South
America, or by encouraging the army itself, most famously in Chile in 1973. There is a huge body of literature on this vast subject
(for the coup against Mosaddegh, see especially "All the Shah's Men" by Stephen Kinzer, 2003) and there is no possibility of denying
that such operations took place. Indeed, former CIA director, James Woolsey, recently
admitted that they continue to this day.
Many of the ambassadors who engineered or attempted regime change operations in Eastern Europe and the former USSR had cut
their teeth in Latin America in 1980s and 1990s. One of them, Michael Kozak, former US ambassador to Belarus, even boasted in
a letter to The Guardian in 2001 that he was doing the same thing in Minsk as he had done in Managua. He wrote: "As regards parallels
between Nicaragua in 1989-90 and Belarus today, I plead guilty. Our objective and to some degree methodology are the same."
Kozak did not mention that he also played a key role in the overthrow of General Noriega in Panama in 1989 but he is far from
alone. The experience accumulated by the Americans during the Cold War, including in major European countries like Italy where
US interference was key to preventing Communist victories in elections, spawned a whole generation of Kermit Roosevelts (the architect
of the coup against Mosaddegh) who have made their careers over decades in the State Department. Some names, such as that of Michael
McFaul, former US ambassador to Russia who made no secret of his opposition to the president of the state to which he was accredited,
will be familiar to RT readers.
Two years after the violent overthrow of Viktor Yanukovych, which he helped coordinate, Geoffrey Pyatt was appointed US ambassador
to Greece. He remains in that post to this day - which is why some are asking whether his hand might be behind last week's expulsion
of Russian diplomats from Athens. Greece and Russia have customarily had good relations but they differ on the Macedonian issue.
Now, the Greek government headed by the "pseudo-Euroskeptic" Alexis Tsipras, claims that four Russian diplomats were engaged in
covert operations in Greece to lobby against forcing Macedonia to change its official name.
Like almost every other political issue these days, this relatively arcane one is regarded through the distorting prism of alleged
interference ": any decision which does not consolidate the power of American-dominated supranational structures like the
US or the EU is now routinely attributed to all-pervasive Russian influence, as if all dissidents were foreign agents. Western
discussion of this subject now resembles the paranoia of the old Soviet regime, and of its satellites in Eastern Europe, which
similarly attacked anti-Communists for being "fifth columnists" - the very phrase used by a prominent European politician last
month to lambast all his enemies as Russian stooges.
US influence is suspected in this case between Greece and Macedonia because the Americans are pushing to bring the whole of
the Balkan peninsula under Western control. This has been policy for nearly thirty years - at least since the Yugoslav wars led
to a US-brokered peace deal in Bosnia in 1995. In recent years the tempo has quickened, with the accession of Montenegro to NATO
last year leaving only Macedonia and Serbia as missing pieces of the puzzle. The Greek victory over the name of Macedonia removes
the last obstacle to that country's accession to NATO and other "Euro-Atlantic structures" like the EU and soon only Serbia will
be left. Will she last long?
One of the most notorious anecdotes of the Second World War was told by Churchill. While in Moscow in 1944, he and Stalin divided
up Eastern Europe and the Balkans into spheres of influence, putting percentage figures to show the respective weight of the West
and the USSR - 10:90 in Greece, 50:50 Yugoslavia, 25:75 in Bulgaria, and so on. Churchill recalls how this so-called Percentages
Agreement was concluded in a few minutes, and how he scribbled a note of their verbal agreement on a piece of paper which Stalin
glanced at for a second and then ticked off. Churchill wrote, "It was all settled in no more time than it takes to set down."
Churchill then reflected that it might seem cynical to decide the fate of millions of people in such an offhand manner. Later
generations have generally agreed with his self-criticism. Today's West would certainly never conclude such an agreement - but
not because of any squeamishness or lack of cynicism on its part. Instead, the West, especially the US, could not conclude any
agreement because in every case the only acceptable outcome would be 100% influence for itself. That is what Geoffrey Pyatt and
his colleagues spend their entire careers trying to achieve - and, to a large extent, they succeed.
Reprinted with permission from
A more serious question is: Was Browder MI6 agent or not? His conversion from the US to UK
citizenship is highly unusual.
"... "The Magnitsky Act: Behind the Scenes," ..."
"... Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder and One Man's Fight for Justice ..."
"... Washington Post ..."
... ... ...
... I had the privilege of attending the first by invitation only
screening of a documentary "The Magnitsky Act: Behind the Scenes," produced by
Russian filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov. The documentary had been blocked in Europe through lawsuits
filed by some of the parties linked to the prevailing narrative but the Newseum in
proved willing to permit rental of a viewing room in spite of threats coming from the same
individuals to sue to stop the showing.
Nekrasov by his own account had intended to do a documentary honoring Magnitsky and his
employers as champions for human rights within an increasing fragile Russian democracy. He had
previously produced documentaries highly critical of Russian actions in Chechnya, Georgia and
Ukraine, and also regarding the assassinations of Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko in
London as well as of journalist Anna Politkovskaya in Moscow. He has been critical of Vladimir
Putin personally and was not regarded as someone who was friendly to the regime, quite the
contrary. Some of his work
has been banned in Russia.
After his documentary was completed using actors to play the various real-life personalities
involved and was being edited Nekrasov returned to some issues that had come up during the
interviews made during the filming. The documentary records how he sought clarification of what
he was reading and hearing but one question inevitably led to another.
The documentary began with the full participation of American born UK citizen William
Browder, who virtually served as narrator for the first section that portrayed the widely
accepted story on Magnitsky. Browder portrays himself as a human rights campaigner dedicated to
promoting the legacy of Sergei Magnitsky, but he is inevitably much more complicated than that.
The grandson of Earl Browder the former General Secretary of the American Communist Party,
studied economics at the University of Chicago, and obtained an MBA from Stanford.
From the beginning, Browder concentrated on Eastern Europe, which was beginning to open up
to the west. In 1989 he took a position at highly respected Boston Consulting Group dealing
with reviving failing Polish socialist enterprises. He then worked as an Eastern Europe analyst
for Robert Maxwell, the unsavory British press magnate and Mossad spy, before joining the
Russia team at Wall Street's Salomon Brothers in 1992.
He left Salomon in 1996 and partnered with the controversial Edmond Safra, the
Lebanese-Brazilian-Jewish banker who died in a mysterious fire in 1999, to set up Hermitage
Capital Management Fund. Hermitage is registered in tax havens Guernsey and the Cayman Islands.
It is a hedge fund that was focused on "investing" in Russia, taking advantage initially of the
loans-for-shares scheme under Boris
Yeltsin, and then continuing to profit greatly during the early years of Vladimir Putin's
ascendancy. By 2005 Hermitage was the largest foreign investor in Russia.
Browder had renounced his U.S. citizenship in 1997 and became a British citizen apparently
to avoid American taxes, which are levied on worldwide income. In
his book Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder and One Man's Fight for
Justice he depicts himself as an honest and honorable Western businessman attempting to
function in a corrupt Russian business world. That may or may not be true, but the
loans-for-shares scheme that made him his initial fortune has been correctly characterized as
the epitome of corruption, an arrangement whereby foreign investors worked with local oligarchs
to strip the former Soviet economy of its assets paying pennies on each dollar of value. Along
the way, Browder
was reportedly involved in making false representations on official documents and
As a consequence of what came to be known as the Magnitsky scandal, Browder was eventually
charged by the Russian authorities for fraud and tax evasion. He was banned from re-entering
Russia in 2005, even before Magnitsky died, and began to withdraw his assets from the country.
Three companies controlled by Hermitage were eventually seized by the authorities, though it is
not clear if any assets remained in Russia. Browder himself was convicted of tax evasion in
absentia in 2013 and sentenced to nine years in prison.
Browder has assiduously, and mostly successfully, made his
case that he and Magnitsky have been the victims of Russian corruption both during and
since that time, though there have been skeptics
regarding many details of his personal narrative. He has been able to sell his tale to leading
American politicians like Senators John McCain, Ben Cardin and ex-Senator Joe Lieberman, always
receptive when criticizing Russia, as well as to a number of European parliamentarians and
media outlets. But there is, inevitably, another side to the story, something quite different,
which Andrei Nekrasov presents to the viewer.
Nekrasov has discovered what he believes to be holes in the narrative that has been
carefully constructed and nurtured by Browder. He provides documents and also an interview with
Magnitsky's mother maintaining that there is no clear evidence that he was beaten or tortured
and that he died instead due to the failure to provide him with medicine while in prison or
treatment shortly after he had a heart attack. A subsequent investigation ordered by then
Russian President Dimitri Medvedev in 2011 confirmed that Magnitsky had not received medical
treatment, contributing to this death, but could not confirm that he had been beaten even
though there was suspicion that that might have been the case.
Nekrasov also claims that much of the case against the Russian authorities is derived from
English language translations of relevant documents provided by Browder himself. The actual
documents sometimes say something quite different. Magnitsky is referred to as an accountant,
not a lawyer, which would make sense as a document of his deposition is apparently part of a
criminal investigation of possible tax fraud, meaning that he was no whistleblower and was
instead a suspected criminal.
Other discrepancies cited by Nekrasov include documents demonstrating that Magnitsky did not
file any complaint about police and other government officials who were subsequently cited by
Browder as participants in the plot, that the documents allegedly stolen from Magnitsky to
enable the plotters to transfer possession of three Hermitage controlled companies were
irrelevant to how the companies eventually were transferred and that someone else employed by
Hermitage other than Magnitsky actually initiated investigation of the fraud.
In conclusion, Nekrasov believes there was indeed a huge fraud related to Russian taxes but
that it was not carried out by corrupt officials. Instead, it was deliberately ordered and
engineered by Browder with Magnitsky, the accountant, personally developing and implementing
the scheme used to carry out the deception.
To be sure, Browder and his international legal team have presented documents in the case
that contradict much of what Nekrasov has presented in his film. But in my experience as an
intelligence officer I have learned that documents are easily forged, altered, or destroyed so
considerable care must be exercised in discovering the provenance and authenticity of the
evidence being provided. It is not clear that that has been the case. It might be that Browder
and Magnitsky have been the victims of a corrupt and venal state, but it just might be the
other way around. In my experience perceived wisdom on any given subject usually turns out to
Given the adversarial positions staked out, either Browder or Nekrasov is essentially right,
though one should not rule out a combination of greater or lesser malfeasance coming from both
sides. But certainly Browder should be confronted more intensively on the nature of his
business activities while in Russia and not given a free pass because he is saying things about
Russia and Putin that fit neatly into a Washington establishment profile. As soon as folks
named McCain, Cardin and Lieberman jump on a cause it should be time to step back a bit and
reflect on what the consequences of proposed action might be.
One should ask why anyone who has a great deal to gain by having a certain narrative
accepted should be completely and unquestionably trusted, the venerable Cui bono?
standard. And then there is a certain evasiveness on the part of Browder. The film shows him
huffing and puffing to explain himself at times and he has
avoided being served with subpoenas on allegations connected to the Magnitsky fraud that
are making their way through American courts. In one case he can be seen on YouTube running away from a server,
somewhat unusual behavior if he has nothing to hide.
A number of Congressmen and staffers were invited to the showing of the Nekrasov documentary
at the Newseum but it is not clear if any of them actually bothered to attend,
demonstrating once again how America's legislature operates inside a bubble of willful
ignorance of its own making. Nor was the event reported in the local "newspaper of record" the
Washington Post , which has been consistently hostile to Russia on its editorial and
A serious effort that a friend of mine described as "hell breaking loose" was also made
to disrupt the question and answer session that followed the viewing of the film, with a
handful of clearly coordinated hecklers interrupting and making it impossible for others to
speak. The organized intruders, who may have gained entry using invitations that were sent to
congressmen, suggested that someone at least considers this game being played out to have very
The point is that neither Nekrasov nor Browder should be taken at their word. Either or both
might be lying and the motivation to make mischief is very high if even a portion of the stolen
$230 million is still floating around and available. And by the same measure, no Congressman or
even the President should trust the established narrative, particularly if they persist in
their hypocritical conceit that global human
August 8, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Gee, I know G. was a spook of some kind and I always read his articles wherever they turn
up.. but how could he get this wrong unless on purpose: Magnitsky was no lawyer. He was an
accountant and he was a co-conspirator in the frauds being perpetrated that resulted in the
charges. He died alright but there is some shading to the thesis that the fraudsters had him
bumped off because they knew he was a weak link. They bribed somebody in the prison to deny
him medical care. Hey, much like they did to Milosevic knowing they couldn't convict him of
their trumped up charges. Why would G. get wrong such a simple thing to determine? Hmm. I
anon Disclaimer , August 8, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Why would you continue the falsehood of calling Magnitsky a lawyer? He was not a lawyer.
Ever. He is and was an accountant and will remain that until Judgement Day. On the other
other hand, calling him a lawyer is perhaps an even greater insult than calling him an
"... The Independent ..."
"... Read the first piece in Patrick Cockburn's latest series, 'Catastrophic drought threatens Iraq as major dams in surrounding countries cut off water to its great rivers', here . ..."
"... Part II, 'For this Iraqi tribe massacred by Isis, fear of the group's return is a constant reality', here ..."
"... Part III, 'After series of calamitous defeats, is Isis about to lose its last town?', here . ..."
"... Part III, 'Iraq unrest: Chaos reigns in the country even Saddam Hussein 'found difficult to rule', here. ..."
"The people want an end to the parties," chanted protesters, adapting a famous slogan of the
Arab Spring , as
they stormed the governor's office and the international airport in the Shia holy city of
Part of the wave of demonstrations sweeping across central and southern Iraq, they demanded
jobs, electricity, water and an end to the mass theft of Iraq's oil wealth by the political parties.
Beginning on 8 July, the protests are the biggest and most prolonged in a country where
anti-government action has usually taken the form of armed insurgency.
The demonstrations are taking place in the heartlands of the Shia majority, reflecting their
outrage at living on top of some of the world's largest oilfields, but seeing their families
barely survive in squalor and poverty.
The protests began in Basra, Iraq's third largest city which is at the centre of 70 per cent
of its oil production. A hand-written placard held up by one demonstrator neatly expresses
popular frustration. It read:
"2,500,000 barrels daily
Price of each barrel = $70
2,500,000 x $70 = zero !!
Sorry Pythagoras, we are in Basra"
The protests quickly spread to eight other provinces, including Najaf, Kerbala, Nasariya and
In several places, the offices of the Dawa Party, to which the Prime Minister Haider
al-Abadi belongs, were burned or attacked, along with those of parties whom people blame for
looting oil revenues worth hundreds of billions of dollars in the 15 years since the overthrow
of Saddam Hussein.
As the situation deteriorated, Mr Abadi flew to Basra on 13 July, promising to make $3bn
available to improve services and provide more jobs. After he left, his hotel was invaded by
The credibility of almost all Iraqi politicians is at a low ebb, the acute feeling of
disillusionment illustrated by the low 44.5 per cent turnout in the parliamentary election on
12 May that produced no outright winner.
The poll was
unexpectedly topped by the Sairoun movement of the populist nationalist cleric, Muqtada
al-Sadr, who has encouraged his followers to start protests against government corruption and
lack of services since 2015.
The Sadrists, who emphasised their socially and economically progressive programme by
allying themselves with the Iraqi Communist Party in the election, are playing a role in the
The demonstrations are also backed by the prestigious Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani. At ground
level, political activists and tribal leaders have set up a joint committee called "the
Coordination Board for Peaceful Protests and Demonstrations in Basra", its purpose being to
produce a list of demands, unite the protest movement, and keep their actions non-violent.
"The ends don't justify the means," says the committee in a statement. "Let us, being
oppressed, not lead to the oppression of others."
A list of 17 demands is headed by one asking for a government timetable for supplying water
and electricity, both of which are short at a time of year when the temperature sometime
exceeds 50C, making it one of the hottest places on earth.
Local people claim that the last time that the port city of Basra, once called the Venice of
the Gulf, had an adequate supply of drinking water was in 1982. Iran had been supplying some
extra electricity, but has cut this back because of its own needs and failure of Iraq to pay on
The second demand of the protesters is for jobs with "priority to the competent sons of
Basra", the discharge of foreign labourers and employment for a quarter of people living in the
Lack of jobs is a source of continuing complaint all over Iraq. Much of its oil income
already goes on paying 4.5 million state employees, but between 400,000 and 420,000 young
people enter the workforce every year with little prospects of employment.
Anger towards the entire political class is intense because it is seen as a kleptocratic
group which syphoned off money in return for contracts that existed only on paper and produced
no new power plants, bridges or roads.
Political parties are at the centre of this corruption because they choose ministries,
according to their share of the vote in elections or their sectarian affiliation, which they
then treat as cash cows and sources of patronage and contracts.
Plundering like this and handing out of jobs to unqualified people means that many
government institutions have become incapable of performing any useful function.
Radical reform is difficult because the whole system is saturated by corruption and
incompetence. Technocrats without party backing who are parachuted into ministries become
isolated and ineffective.
One party leader told The Independent that he thought that the best that could be
done "would be to insist that the parties appoint properly qualified people to top jobs."
The defeat of Isis in 2017 with the recapture of Mosul means that Iraqis are no longer
absorbed in keeping their families safe so they have they have more time to consider
"corruption" – a word they use not just to mean bribery but the parasitic nature of the
government system as a whole.
There is a general mood of cynicism and dissatisfaction with the way things are run.
"Bad government, bad roads, bad weather, bad people," exclaimed one Iraqi friend driving on
an ill-maintained road.
Corrupt motives are ascribed to everything that happens: a series of unexplained fires in
Baghdad in June were
being ascribed to government employees stealing from state depots and then concealing their
crime by setting fire to the building and destroying it.
Given that the Iraqi security forces are primarily recruited from the areas in which the
protests are taking place, the government will need to be careful about the degree of
repression it can use safely.
Some eight protesters
have been killed so far by the police , who are using rubber bullets, water cannon and
rubber hoses to beat people.
ORDER IT NOW
The armed forces have been placed on high alert. Three regiments of the elite
Counter-Terrorism Service, which led the attack on Mosul and is highly regarded and well
disciplined, has been ordered south to cope with protests and away from places where there is
still residual activity by Isis.
The protests are largely spontaneous, but the Sadrists, whose offices have not been attacked
by crowds, want to put pressure on Mr Abadi, Dawa and other parties to form a coalition
government with a reform programme.
Many protesters express anti-Tehran slogans, tearing up pictures of Iranian spiritual
leaders such as Ayatollah Khomeini and the current Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. They blame
Iran for supporting
corrupt parties and governments in Iraq.
Protesters have so far escalated their actions slowly, gathering at the entrances to the
major oil and gas facilities, but not disrupting the 3.6 million barrel a day production. If
this happens, it would affect a significant portion of world crude output.
Iraq's corrupt and dysfunctional governing system may be too set in its profitable ways to
be reformed, but, if the ruling elite wants to survive, it must give ordinary Iraqi a larger
share of the oil revenue cake.
Read the first piece in Patrick Cockburn's latest series, 'Catastrophic drought
threatens Iraq as major dams in surrounding countries cut off water to its great rivers',
Part II, 'For this Iraqi tribe massacred by Isis, fear of the group's return is a
Part III, 'After series of calamitous defea