|Home||Switchboard||Unix Administration||Red Hat||TCP/IP Networks||Neoliberalism||Toxic Managers|
May the source be with you, but remember the KISS principle ;-)
Skepticism and critical thinking is not panacea, but can help to understand the world better
|News||Main page||Recommended Links||Selected Songs||Selected female singers||Selected male singers||Waltz||Choirs||Russian interpretation of foreign hits|
|Romances||Songs of the wartime||Duets||Old Russian Rock Groups||Bards||Russian Basso Profondo||Classic Ukrainian songs||Songs from Famous Russian Cartoons||Balalaika Hits|
|Russian Tango||Female Vocal Groups||Songs from Popular Russian Films||Humor||Etc|
Dmitri Aleksandrovich Hvorostovsky (Russian: Дмитрий Александрович Хворостовский, born October 16, 1962), is a leading opera singer from Russia.
Hvorostovsky was born in Krasnoyarsk in Siberia. He studied at the Krasnoyarsk School of Arts under Yekatherina Yofel and made his debut at Krasnoyarsk Opera House, in the role of Marullo in Rigoletto. He went on to win First Prize at both the Russian Glinka Competition in 1987 and the Toulouse Singing Competition in 1988. Hvorostovsky came to international prominence in 1989 when he won the Cardiff BBC Singer of the World competition, beating local favorite Bryn Terfel in the final round. His performance included Handel's Ombra mai fu and Per me giunto...O Carlo ascolta from Verdi's Don Carlo. His international concert recitals began immediately (London debut, 1989; New York 1990).
His operatic debut in the West was at the Nice Opera in The Queen of Spades (1989). In Italy he debuted at La Fenice as Eugene Onegin, a success that sealed his reputation, and made his American operatic debut with the Lyric Opera of Chicago (1993) in La traviata.
He has since sung at virtually every major opera house, including the Metropolitan Opera (debut 1995), the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden, the Berlin State Opera, La Scala and the Vienna State Opera. He is especially renowned for his portrayal of the title character in Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin; the New York Times described him as "born to play the role." 
In 2002, Hvorostovsky performed at the Russian Children's Welfare Society's major fund raiser, the "Petroushka Ball". He is an Honorary Director of the charity.
A tall man with a striking head of prematurely silver hair, Hvorostovsky has achieved international acclaim as an opera performer as well as a concert artist. He was cast in People magazine's 50 most beautiful people, a rare occurrence for a classical musician. His high, medium-weight voice has the typical liquid timbre of Russian baritones.
Recently Hvorostovsky has been moving into more Verdi roles: in 2008 alone he will have sung in Un ballo in maschera, La traviata, Simon Boccanegra and Don Carlos  He has also appeared in Rigoletto and Il Trovatore in a David McVicar production at The Met with Sondra Radvanovsky.
Nov 22, 2017 | The New York Times
Dmitri Hvorostovsky, the charismatic Siberian baritone who won critical acclaim and devoted fans around the world for his burnished voice, uncanny breath control and rueful expressivity, died on Wednesday in London. He was 55.
Mark Hildrew of Askonas Holt, the talent management agency that represented Mr. Hvorostovsky, said the cause was brain cancer. Mr. Hvorostovsky announced the diagnosis in June 2015 and died in a hospice facility near his London home.
A favorite of audiences thanks to his alluring voice and heartthrob presence, Mr. Hvorostovsky cut a striking figure, his trim 6-foot-1 frame topped by a mane of prematurely white hair.
He also had a compelling personal story: He escaped the street-gang life as a teenager in a grim Siberian city, found his talent there despite the region's cultural isolation, and overcame a tempestuous drinking problem that could have ruined his career.
Mr. Hvorostovsky was essentially a lyric baritone with a lighter voice. But his distinctive sound - with its russet colorings and slightly hooded quality, combining Russian-style melancholy with velvety Italianate lyricism - was so penetrating, he could send big top notes soaring. He could command the stage, and at his best he was a nuanced actor.
Google matched content
Сranes - Журавли́ - Zhuravli - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2016)
Хворостовский Гори, гори, моя звезда D. Hvorostovsky Shine, shine, my star
- Eugen Onegin
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Vy mne pisali... Kogda by zhizn (Japan 2005)
- Anna Netrebko - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Finale - Eugen Onegin - Tchaikovski
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Eugene Onegin - Act III Arioso
- Hvorostovsky & Vargas - Eugene Onegin - Duel Scene
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Eugene Onegin - Onegin's Act I aria
- Netrebko, Hvorostovsky, Onegin part 2 in Toronto 2017
- Eugene Onegin Final Scene (Renee Fleming, Dmitri Hvorostovsky)
- Queen of Spades
- Дмитрий Хворостовский Серенада Дон Жуана
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Prince Igor' Aria
- Waltz from War and Peace - Hvorostovsky and Mataeva
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky The Toreador Song
- Il barbiere di siviglia Largo al factotum
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Urna Fatale (Verdi La Forza del Destino)
- Elīna Garanča - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - La ci darem la mano de Don Giovanni de Mozart (español)
- Hvorostovsky, Domashenko, Siurina La ci darem la mano
- Hvorostovsky Deh vieni alla finestra (Don Giovanni Unmasked
- Hvorostovsky & Siurina - Rigoletto duet 2-2 (Vendetta, tremenda vendetta)
- Hvorostovsky in 1990 - Caro mio ben (Giordani)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Core 'ngrato
Classic Italian songs
- O Sole Mio - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Canzonetta semplice (Простая песенка)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Dicitencello vuie
- ПАМЯТИ ПЕВЦА АДАЖИО - поёт Дмитрий Хворостовский в сопровождении группы Кватро
- Hvorostovsky - Parlami D'amore Mariu
- Дмитрий Хворостовский - Я люблю тебя жизнь (Э.Колмановский - К.Ваншенкин)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Kak molody my byli (Как Молоды мы Были)
- A.Garifullina & D.Hvorostovsk✮♫ Moskauer Nächte-Sommernachtsgala Grafenegg
- KATYUSHA (КАТЮШA) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2004)
- Где-То Далеко Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Tenderness
- Evening Song - Leningrad - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Хворостовский Три года ты мне снилась Hvorostovsky Three years you were in my dreams
- Дмитрий Хворостовский - Как молоды мы были
- Rodina Slyshit (The Motherland Hears) Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Благодарю тебя (I'm grateful to you) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2012)
- Не спеши Дмитрий Хворостовский (9.2006)
- Одинокая Гармонь Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky & Sumi Jo - Kak mnogo devushek khoroshikh
Classic Russian songs
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Coachman, Do Not Rush the Horses
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - The Lonely Coach-Bell Rings Monotonously
- Hvorostovsky - Troika
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Korobyeiniki
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - There is a snowstorm along the street
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Oh, you, fair maiden
- Hvorostovsky - Ноченька
- Тройка мчится, тройка скачет Дмитрий Хворостовский
- Dimitri Hvorostovsky, Nicolai Gedda Korobuska
- Hvorostovsky - Troika
- Утро туманное Дмитрий Хворостовский (9.2006)
- Хворостовский Гори, гори, моя звезда D. Hvorostovsky Shine, shine, my star
- Dark eyes (Очи чёрные) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2007)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Bright Is the Night
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Only once (German - Fomin)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - I Walk Out Alone Upon My Way
- Hvorostovsky - Little Bell
- Ya vas lyublyu - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Tol'ko Raz (Only Once). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Я помню чудное мгновенье
- Дмитрий Хворостовский Средь шумного бала
- Ya v Stretil Vas. Khvorostovsky
- But I Love You, Nevertheless. Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Вам не понять моей печали- Dmitri Hvorostovsky. You cannot feel my sorrow
- Не пробуждай воспоминаний Дмитрий Хворостовский 9.2006
- Hvorostovsky - Не пой, красавица...
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. О, если б мог выразить в звуке
- Last Battle
- Темная ночь (The dark night) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- На Безымянной Высоте Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- The Last Battle. Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дороги Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Моя Москва Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Случайный Вальс Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. С чего начинается Родина
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky -- Soldiers are Coming
- Баллада о солдате (The Ballad of the Soldier) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Горячий снег (Hot Snow) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Минуты тишины (Minutes of silence) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Алёша
- Katyusha KATUSHA Katiusha - Dmitri Hvorostovsky...
- Zhuravli (The White Cranes). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Zavetnui Kamen
- Russkoye Pole (Russian Fields). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Dremliut Plakuchiye Ivi (The Weeping Willows Slumber)
- Soviet songs by Dmitri Hvorostovskii Amurskie volny
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky -- Soldiers are Coming(Vot Soldaty Idut)
- Mandshurian kummut - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Na sopkah Manchzhurii
The Last but not Least Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand ~Archibald Putt. Ph.D
Copyright © 1996-2018 by Dr. Nikolai Bezroukov. www.softpanorama.org was initially created as a service to the (now defunct) UN Sustainable Development Networking Programme (SDNP) in the author free time and without any remuneration. This document is an industrial compilation designed and created exclusively for educational use and is distributed under the Softpanorama Content License. Original materials copyright belong to respective owners. Quotes are made for educational purposes only in compliance with the fair use doctrine.
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to advance understanding of computer science, IT technology, economic, scientific, and social issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided by section 107 of the US Copyright Law according to which such material can be distributed without profit exclusively for research and educational purposes.
This is a Spartan WHYFF (We Help You For Free) site written by people for whom English is not a native language. Grammar and spelling errors should be expected. The site contain some broken links as it develops like a living tree...
|You can use PayPal to make a contribution, supporting development of this site and speed up access. In case softpanorama.org is down you can use the at softpanorama.info|
The statements, views and opinions presented on this web page are those of the author (or referenced source) and are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the opinions of the author present and former employers, SDNP or any other organization the author may be associated with. We do not warrant the correctness of the information provided or its fitness for any purpose.
Last modified: March 12, 2019